Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Collector approached Kanohi and the group, before laying the injured Matoran down. “I … I am sorry friend,” they said to Kanohi, sitting down, “I … I never should have abandoned this village. If I had been shuttling supplies back and forth regularly, the damage would not have been so bad. The raid would have been dealt with quicker too.

I … we don’t know that,” answered Kanohi, blushing beneath his mask, “and you were here we we needed you the most. You saved lives. But um, I am afraid there is some bad news. This Toa has been to the fort more recently though, it has been attacked since you were last there. It is no longer safe.

The Vortixx paused as they pulled out the telescopic lens, wincing. Karzahni, was there any break? They strained their mind, trying to think of anywhere else the village could go, even as they tinkered.

Toa Atamai” they spoke up suddenly, “There is another structure we encountered that the Matoran could take shelter in. An older one, one that is theirs by birthright. Could we transport them to the Ruins of Stone? We would need their help there regardless, if you think the ruin and it’s landscape could provide them shelter, it might make sense to take them with us there. If it has lasted this long despite the Skakdi, it might be a safe refuge. And I … I do not think I can leave them again.” 

At that suggestion they stood up and handed Kanohi the lens. “This may need adjusting, but it should work.” Kanohi blushed a burnt orange under his mask, even as the lens began to extend and retract, letting him zero in on the surrounding landscape.

Th-thank you so much. I … I am sorry we have so little to pay you with,” Kanohi’s hands flailed like weeds in a storm, “I … when we are resettled and have a new forge, I promise I will make you a useful mask. Though it’s not enough.

As Kanohi’s gaze wandered over the ruined landscape with his new telescopic lens, he felt his heartlight pound. So many buildings destroyed, so many lives lost. They had more Toa now to help them rebuild, but still. To be unmoored again…

But as the cross-wired Matoran’s optic passed over a slumped over corpse, the body’s heartlight reignited. It grew brighter and brighter, Kanohi stumbled back but he could not turn his head nor relax the lens. The light consumed the world, until he was floating in a white void.

Gradually the light began fade in its radiance, and Kanohi began to recognize details. Huts, homes, he could see a village carving out of the light. He turned his head to see a ruined temple standing besides the village, tall and proud. “The … the Ruins of Stone?” His optics widened at the thought, as his lens searched through the landscape. 

As the light faded he could recognize it had become the sun, traveling across the sky. And if that was the sun, he scanned around with his lens, recognizing a mountain range ran from the east of the village, and to the west lay a long coastline. This was … was this their future home?

Night fell in this vision, the stars empty and missing. Just endless gloom. But just as darkness consumed everything a burst of light erupted into the darkness, blinding Kanohi with radiance once again, “The Light,” he muttered, clutching at his optics as the light slammed into him.

When the burst of radiance faded, he found himself floating above a chain of islands. Islands that he had never visited, but he had indeed seen before. In another vision, a vision where they were swallowed up by the rising ocean.

But now, now these islands grew. They rose through the water, cleaving the ocean as they grew taller. These islands grew pointer, sharper, and as the cross-wired Matoran shuddered he could see them met into a large curved jaw. “The islands,” he managed to squeak out in growing horror, “they were teeth!

And then the vision ended, and Kanohi found himself panting among the Toa and Vahki, his heartlight pounding and his optics wide.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @The UltimoScorp @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn Vision time

IC Mahrika - “The Mask of Water(fall) Breathing

Mahrika’s hand flew to her Kanoka, her breathing halted. She winced, that was suspicious, and bzp she tried to casually release her grip on it. Keep it subtle. But why was she worried, this thing had encouraged the two Matoran getting desecrated, hadn’t it? But, it had been cagey on the nature of the Aspect and Matoran’s connection. She … she did not know anything about this place. Or this Admin. Who had at one point implied he had not originated here. 

Still she swallowed her fears and changed the subject. “This Admin earlier mentioned that while the Virtues combined form a civilization, the Virtues individually are important. I think, I … I don’t remember the exact wording. But, the Principle of Purity is derived solely from Unity. And, I do not remember much of the other cultures, but I think … I think there was a Principle derived solely from Duty, and a different one from Destiny. I think Duty’s Principle was … bravery? Maybe? And Destiny’s was peace? Or tranquility? Sorry, neither were valued as highly in my tribe. But maybe we have to assemble these symbols into their corresponding principle?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Nektann, Apex

"Tell me, oh Viltia. If you're goal is to help in this island's restoration, do you believe yourself strong enough to hold command over the creature?

Apex’s voice just barely carried to her ear after a bolt of lightning struck her, neutralized by her Tahtorak body. The implication of “holding command” was a funny one. Nektann was graciously sharing with her. He could end things whenever he wanted. She realized that for some reason, the knowledge of her new ability wasn’t affected by Nektann’s forgetfulness.

Although, maybe Apex meant defeating the mental weaknesses of the form. That was certainly possible.

Nektann can part with me whenever he wishes, taking control again. But if you mean fighting the rage, loss, and memory loss, then yes. I can. I will.

The hardest part to deal with is the memory loss. The other two flaws are easier to notice and then not act on.

Viltia pondered some of Nektann’s memories within her, “Hey, you’re an Aspect, do you know if we can remove the downsides to this Tahtorak body?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini Nui

The stone sculpture in Sala’s grip looked more and more like a puzzle piece the longer he stared at it. Mysteries built atop mysteries seemed to exist in all shrines and temples he and Sorilax explored. It was as if a whole civilization’s secrets were built atop another’s. Perhaps the lies of the old were perpetuated by the new. Always one step forward then two steps back. Perhaps they were twisted and changed by time. Whatever the answer, Sala could see a key when he beheld it, and this stone was absolutely a key. One of several.

Before he fully read the writing on the wall, he knew where the stone went: in the recessed depression placed just at chest height before him. Without the ACR, he would have needed to stand on his tiptoes to place the stone where it belonged. He reached out, and as the stone drew close it floated from his palm the rest of the way. The sculpture clicked into place with a satisfying grind of stone against stone. Angular portions jutted out from it, practically begging for more of its kind to form a sphere. 

Sala took a step back and the wall murmured. The stories carved across its surface glowed with an ethereal light momentarily. Sorilax and Sala heard the sound of a soft breeze and the jangling of tiny bells. They felt a chill wind behind them, and when they turned their view of the temple was now broken by a glowing golden crack hovering in the air itself. The crack began to widen, and the stones beneath their feet rose and grew to form a circular portal around the metaphysical phenomenon. The portal was a strange ring, with a small platform, and around its edges were six empty spots where kanoka disks could be inserted. It was made of rusty, yellow, painted metal and several thick cables and wires dangled loosely from it. A part of the top was missing, torn away and sparking quietly. The crack in the air surrounded by this metal ring grew and danced like lightning until the whole of the ring filled. Then the cracks twisted, opened wider, and became a flickering portal to a murky unknown destination. The portal looked blackened and full of pitch to Sorilax, and then again full of blossoming flowers. For Sala it looked full of water and fish swam away from view, and then again a towering volcano erupted in a world full of ash. All their visions blurred and swirled, and the longer they gazed into the portal the less sure they were of where it went. The portal seemed unsure itself. After a few moments it finally solidified into a shimmering rainbow similar to a soap bubble catching rays of sunlight. The transition to more permanent visuals was accompanied by the sound of footsteps approaching from within.

“I’m not sure if I should be disappointed or impressed,” came a voice from beyond.

A ko-matoran stepped out laden with treasures.  He wore white and grey armor, and his blue eyes were piercing behind his mask of telekinesis. His body flickered around the edges, as if he wasn’t fully present in the world with Sala and Sorilax. He dumped the treasures on the ground as he stepped down the few steps from the portal’s edge to the floating stones of Kini-Nui. A cordak blaster clattered against the ground, followed by trinkets of unknown worth. He tossed several jeweled necklaces off his arms, followed by belts of ammunition from around his neck. Then he turned from the treasures and looked at Sorilax and Sala again. Then he looked beyond them to the wall and narrowed his eyes.

“A Makoki stone. That explains it, I see now,” he ruminated, then addressed Sorilax and Sala again in earnest. “I’m Nuju, researcher and philosopher. Who are you?”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

The warlord's sneer lessened in intensity for a moment, as his attention was diverted by Drukarus' words in his ear, simultaneous with Parnassus' in his mind. The Toa was evidently from the giant head, if Drukarus knew of him. And given that Barius' Aspect patron was unfamiliar with this Korruhn, he, too, must have been from Metru-Nui. Barius, of course, had no reason to think that they did not have Aspects there.

Of course, all of that background information, while interesting, had little bearing on how the interaction would go, he suspected. The pair that had wound up at his gates seemed to want to do business-- or else they were asking for favors, in which case they were barking up the wrong tree-sized Skakdi. He reckoned he ought to establish the nature of the interaction now.

Putting on a more amicable grin (though with a sinister glint in his eyes), he elected to direct his words toward Stannis. Evidently he was enough of a big-shot to warrant speaking to; and, in any case, it was a good way to screw with the Aspect, who, as expected for one of his kind, was already posturing. "I don't recall anything being left here for pickup in recent history. Nonetheless, if it's here, we'd be glad to get it for you... provided we're given adequate compensation for securely storing it in the meantime."

He finally turned his gaze towards Korruhn... then past him, towards the wreck of the airship they'd taken here. Then back to Stannis. "As for your ship, we'd also be glad to haul it out of the sand. Whether we fix it up afterwards depends on whether you can offer us greater value for the job than we'd get from ripping it apart for scrap."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Conway

• Like 3

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - Sala, Nuju

Sorilax watched the proceedings with caution and then an increasing amount of awe and intrigue. The portal was a thing of beauty, as unknowable and potentially dangerous as Taboos had been to him just a few short days before. It crackled before him with obviously damaged parts surrounding it.

The portal couldn’t seem to decide where it led, and the way it flickered filled Sorilax once more with caution. He didn’t want Sala to get hurt. Even though he was still in Avagah, a portal could unleash anything.

Sorilax took a small moment to appreciate that he wanted Sala to remain safe wholeheartedly. It felt good not to be inherently selfish.

The portal solidified into a shimmering rainbow. Sorilax could feel the whole spectrum of Light, and it encouraged him as it reminded him of his new Element. But then new sounds could be heard. Footsteps.

I’m not sure if I should be disappointed or impressed,” came a voice from beyond.

Sorilax looked at Sala, surprise on his face. He turned back to the portal.

A Ko-Matoran stepped through the tear in space, a heavy burden of treasures covering him. His cold blue eyes carried with them a deep and piercing nature. For some reason he flickered, like he wasn’t actually there, or maybe he was only partially in this reality. The Matoran dumped his treasures down the steps of the portal, not caring for their integrity. Those seemed real enough.

Sorilax relaxed. Unless this was an Aspect in a Matoran, Matoran were friendly and sought Moral Light. Most likely there was nothing to fear. Perhaps they might even make a new friend, just like the Air Suva and Vhisola.

The Matoran seemed to ponder something as he looked past them. “A Makoki stone. That explains it, I see now.” He paused and then addressed Sorilax and Sala. “I’m Nuju, researcher and philosopher. Who are you?

Sorilax held up his left hand in greeting, the one without his Taboos, “I am Sorilax, an Aspect of Makuta, but follower of Light. I study all things living, ancient structures such as this, Aspects themselves, Taboos, and I too ponder the meaning of all things on occasion.

He motioned to Sala, “My friend in the ACR here is Sala, a Matoran, my fellow researcher and a chronicler of his old world and now this one as well.

Sorilax studied Nuju. The way Nuju shimmered was very concerning. “Are you quite alright, old chap? You seem…. Hummm… a bit rough around the edges. I am quite willing to help you if I can.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnmad said:

Putting on a more amicable grin (though with a sinister glint in his eyes), he elected to direct his words toward Stannis. Evidently he was enough of a big-shot to warrant speaking to; and, in any case, it was a good way to screw with the Aspect, who, as expected for one of his kind, was already posturing. "I don't recall anything being left here for pickup in recent history. Nonetheless, if it's here, we'd be glad to get it for you... provided we're given adequate compensation for securely storing it in the meantime."

He finally turned his gaze towards Korruhn... then past him, towards the wreck of the airship they'd taken here. Then back to Stannis. "As for your ship, we'd also be glad to haul it out of the sand. Whether we fix it up afterwards depends on whether you can offer us greater value for the job than we'd get from ripping it apart for scrap."

IC Stannis | Fort Nektann

"You wouldn't have," Stannis said simply, gesturing with a genteel shake of his head and a slight hand shrug before resuming his previous poise. "It was started long before your time as untold-thousands-of-years-and-then-some is not recent history, even on Tren-Nui, but I can assure you that it most certainly is here for me." He allowed the timeframe to sink in for the Skakdi warleader; tens of thousands of years wholly eclipsed the time Barius' kin had even existed on Xa, and Stannis spoke of history beyond prehistory to the Skakdi people. 

"Your kind's presence here is as trivial as the sand dunes, waxing and waning over time," he went on, "and there will come a time that some new castellans takes your place also. But is a notable proof of your strength that you hold the Lifespring now. So... let us be clear with each other. You have no reason to trust me or my Aspect companion, and neither do we have reason to trust you, but we each possess respective power—all I ask is that we treat one another with respect due to another man of strength, and I will repay twofold the courtesies you give."

• Like 1

IC: Tuakana | Ruined Fortress

"Relief," they replied. Those two syllables hung heavy in the air. The rippling of the lake sounded softly behind them. Their eyeless gaze bore down on the ruined titan. He suffered. He was dying, but did not. Caught in the doorway. Passing endlessly on.

He reminded them of someone. A man they had known once. Recollection was drowned by memory, but they knew those eyes. This strange creature was an echo of another being, and although the weight of centuries had pressed all details from the memory like juice from a fruit, the shriveled husk of an impression remained. 

They extended a hand. Long, sharp fingers reached for his. Offering comfort. Solace. Cessation of pain.

"I will free you from death," they said huskily. Their voice was as deep as the earth and as old as the wind. It wound its way into Axxon's brain like the roots of a grasping tree. "I will end your pain. We will live forever, you and I."

Their motionless hand awaited his own. A handshake to settle the deal.

"This gift is yours. If you only ask."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

As they walked, Taja practiced using her element. As before, she could easily sense the darkness that lurked in every nook and cranny of the jungle. She could sense the shape of branches and roots and leaves—any object that cast a shadow was known to her. She could feel the skittering of insects and lizards over bark and under log; she could feel birds pass overhead by the shadows of their wings on the canopy. The more she practiced, the longer she could keep her mind open. It was like exercising a muscle she had never known she had.

When she tired of that practice, she turned to elemental manipulation. The shadow of a branch changed to the shadow of a sword. The shadows of hanging vines changed shape to look like different masks. She pulled the darkness from the ground and the surfaces of the trees and made it three-dimensional. This was more difficult. Manipulating shadows on a surface was simple, but pulling it into being required constant effort. It was like tugging on a rubber band—the darkness always wanted to return to its proper shape. Making simple shapes was all she could manage. Anything more complex took too much concentration to maintain, and its edges withered away in the light. But as she practiced, it grew easier. The shadows obeyed more quickly, and the shapes became more accurate.

Taja was focusing so heavily on her practice that she forgot to keep her physical eyes open. She stumbled over a root and began to fall. Without thinking, she pulled a nearby shadow from a tree, mentally bending it into the shape of a staff. It flowed into her hands and planted its far end on the ground. She caught herself with it, preventing another tumble into the swamp. Heart hammering, she looked at Whisper, who was probably getting sick of watching her clumsiness play out like an overused vaudeville bit.

She smiled sheepishly. "Close one."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

It was tempting to make some condescending remark, but Whisper remembered her early moments of existence, all floundering limbs and flickering shadows. "You're learning," was all she said. It was comforting to see Taja embracing her new power with such enthusiasm. 

Hopefully the Toa was coming to understand that shadow was no more abhorrent or unnatural than any other element. 

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

Having been loitering near the Taku for much of the morning while she waited for the offered transportation back to Metru Nui, Zaliyah found herself to be the first being approaching the newly-arrived airship. The occupant was a Toa, and not one of the few she recognised as being among the ranks of the League.

That didn't bode well.

"You come from Metru Nui?" She asked Oreius, "What news do you bring?"

@Eyru

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro 

Oreius didn't recognize the first being to approach, but that was hardly a surprise. The evacuation had gone by in a blur, and then he had immediately returned to Metru Nui. He knew only a few faces among the refugees, and fewer names.

"Yes," he said. "I'm glad to see the village is still standing. I saw four airships leave the city last night, and wasn't sure if there would be anything left."

He looked around, noting the abundance of blast craters and huts reduced to rubble. 'Still standing' was technically a true assessment, but not by much.

He looked back at Zaliyah. "As for news: Pridak is dead. The League has a new king named Aurax, and he wants peace. The war is over."

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

IC, Whira: Cravious

"I do have one question: are you sure they will be able to help us forge a Mask of Shadows? They seem hard workers, yes, but will they be useful to us?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Po-Koro

Atamai's face darkened as he looked at Kilo's sketch. The Rahi was the same kind that the Aspect had shown him.

"We're all in danger here..."

“Ally Atamai, were you successful in your task?”

Atamai nodded. "I was, Kilo. I'll tell you more, later."

He glanced around the village. 

"While Kilo does make a good point about bringing the villagers to Metru-Koro, I don't know if that village even has enough room for people from an entirely different village."

Toa Atamai. There is another structure we encountered that the Matoran could take shelter in. An older one, one that is theirs by birthright. Could we transport them to the Ruins of Stone? We would need their help there regardless, if you think the ruin and it’s landscape could provide them shelter, it might make sense to take them with us there. If it has lasted this long despite the Skakdi, it might be a safe refuge. And I … I do not think I can leave them again.” 

Atamai considered the Collector's words. 

"I don't think there's enough room inside the Ruins to hold all these people, but I think that it we could build shelters for them in and around the cliffs that the Ruins are built into. I think that our next course of action should be to gather the refugees here so that I can start moving them."

Just then, Kanohi started acting strangely, as if he were having a fit. Atamai bent down to him. "Kanohi! Are you alright?" he asked.

OOC: @Harvali @pokemonlover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 2

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Po-Koro:

Distracted for a time with examining the Vhaki as best she could without being rude or invasive, and at a distance, Kat was brought back to the present by Kanohi's episode.

"Whoa, easy there little guy! I know things are kinda crazy right now, but we'll pull through!"

She blinked. her head felt.... hazy. Things kept going by so fast.

Kat gave a rare frown, "Hey uh.... real quick does anyone have any water? I think my trek across the desert got me all..... weird."

• Like 2

IC: Zaliyah – Metru-Koro

The hordika hadn’t slept at all during the night, stressed to near breaking point over the possibility of an attempt on her life, and the question of how to explain her actions to Pridak. The revelation that he was dead came as a blow so sudden and shocking that it threatened to shatter her already-strained psyche.

She stumbled away from Oreius as if he’d physically struck her, mismatched fists clenched at her sides.

Pridak hadn’t been perfect, and he’d gotten worse after the other Barraki had been killed. His blood feud had clouded his judgement, his hatred blinding him to the prospect of assimilating the Matoran instead of slaughtering them. But despite that, his acceptance of Zaliyah and other Toa within the ranks of the League had led her to hope his rage could be someday tempered.

Full of pride and vengeance though he was, he’d been dedicated to his cause, steadfast in his belief in a better world. He’d inspired Zaliyah, and so many others, to challenge the corrupt systems that had kept so many species trapped under the cruel bootheel of oppression. Without his mercy, without his acceptance and encouragement, Zaliyah would have been dead long ago.

His death made peace easier, there was no denying that, but without him, Zaliyah wasn’t sure if there was any possibility of the world being remade as the Barraki had hoped. Ehlek had been content to tinker away rather than take command, and that left very few worthy candidates to take control of what remained of the League.  

But Aurax… Zaliyah had made it her business to know those of her kind that had chosen the right side, and she’d been all too aware that very few of them had truly chosen. Skorm had been under Takadox’s compulsion, and Aurax… he was no ideologue, just a self-centred weasel seeking personal power.

“This isn’t right. This isn’t what we fought for,” she muttered, realising too late that her words would give away her allegiance, if her appearance already hadn’t.

A conniving Toa taking command spat in the face of every sacrifice the League had made to tear down the tyranny of the Order of Mata Nui and the indolent Turaga. To leave a member of the Matoran species in control of Metru Nui again defeated the entire point of the League and their war. It wasn't what Pridak would have wanted... which meant it hadn't been his choice.

“How?” She whirled back towards the Toa, “How, exactly, did Pridak die?”

@Eyru

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Cravious’ Protodermis Mine, North northeast Mountains (7, 7)

With - Whira

"I do have one question: are you sure they will be able to help us forge a Mask of Shadows? They seem hard workers, yes, but will they be useful to us?"

Cravious’ smile dropped, “Well, they refuse to tell me about mask making, which means they know something. But none of them have displayed that level of technical skill or knowledge, so we’d still have to figure out the ingredients and methods ourselves.

He shrugged. His face read as ‘what ya gonna do?’.

Out of the corner of his optic, he noticed an orange and white Matoran very obviously trying to sneak out of the common room. Something in Cravious’ mind rearranged and suddenly he realized that that Matoran had always managed to be absent when he was asking about how to make Kanohi. He sneered, finger pointing at the Matoran. His voice sounded kind of creepy, “I see you this time, Melt.

Melt froze, looking at Cravious, then bolted for his room. Cravious swiftly took off all his gear and weapons and sprung after him, his harsh laughing filling the enclosed space, “I’ll get the information this time, you little sneak!

The Onu-Toa looked up from the broken minecart. He saw Cravious, realized what was happening, then rolled his optics and shook his head at the ridiculous nature of Skakdi’s actions. He took note of Whira, realized it wasn’t Sagacious, but remained where he was and went back to work.

The Tiokaha in the room looked disgusted by the actions, but also didn’t move in to intervene. Perhaps this was more common than one might first think.

Cravious caught up with Melt in Melt’s room, tackling the Matoran to the ground. Melt yelled out in surprise, not fear or hurt, and twisted in Cravious’ grip, getting a leg free and kicking him in the face.

Cravious only grinned harder as his head was impacted. He was clearly enjoying this little “fight” too much. Melt got his other leg free and tried to scramble away. Cravious was ready for this and grabbed Melt’s feet, stopping the movement. The Matoran flipped onto his back, freeing both his feet once more. He bunched up his legs and kicked as hard as he could.

The kick threw Cravious’ head to the side, forcing him to readjust and allowing for Melt to rise. Melt started pounding and punching with his fists. Cravious resisted the blows with a raised arm and got to his knees, where he proceeded to block or deflect all of Melt’s attacks. The movement was well practiced and fluid, like he had trained well for this type of thing.

After several of these deflections, Cravious just grabbed one of Melt’s fists mid-punch, slowly rising fully to his feet. He lifted up the Matoran by Melt’s hand. Melt tried to kick and punch Cravious, but to no avail.

Finally the Matoran settled, a look of defiance on his face.

Cravious studied the little mongrel, weighing the situation. If his hirelings had avoided telling him about Kanohi crafting for this long, then this information was very important to them and he was going to have to pay dearly. But Whira was a force of change in this world, and this would be an investment into her. And once she was more powerful, so too would he be as well. And when he had more power, money tended to flow in easier.

He made his decision, “What’ll it take?

A range of emotions crossed Melt’s face. Surprise. Suspicion. Confusion. Thoughtfulness. It finally settled on smug. “You know there’s a reason why I’ve never told you.

Cravious stared at him.

It’s very precious knowledge to those that are left.

Cravious continued to stare with a slight frown.

But I think we could reach an agreement.

Cravious frowned in full. He wasn’t going to like this, was he? “Good.” He chucked Melt onto the Matoran’s bed.

Half an hour later Cravious emerged from the room, holding several sheets of paper. He looked down at the papers and then at the common room, “A pool table won’t even fit in here!” He turned to face back into Melt’s room and was greeted with silence. Cravious grumbled to himself before continuing, “Fine, I’ll make it work.” He walked back over to Whira, annoyance clear on his face as he grumbled under his breath about this costing him a small fortune. A Matoran in the corner looked very excited to hear about a pool table.

Well, I have some answers.” He held up the papers. One of them had a long list of demands on them, but a couple of the others were rough sketches of some kind of casting mold. “Apparently there’s these things called Kanoka, which I’m now legally bound not to sell to Skakdi or Aspects.” He held up one of the sheets, which bore his signature as well as Melt’s. “These Kanoka are made by protodermis ore and apparently have powers. There’s some vague merging process I’ll need to figure out, as merging them apparently gives you new powers. If the Kanoka is high enough in power, you can make a mask out of it. Any shape will do.

Cravious shook his head, “That’s all he knew, or any of them know. There’s a lot to figure out. How do you make different Kanoka? How do you make them more powerful? How would you merge them? How do you know what power each one has? This is going to be a giant headache. A nightmare.

Cravious smiled, “This’ll be so much fun.” He grabbed his stuff and hit the light to the tunnel that led outside. “Need anything before we go?

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"Yes I could use your help. But not with me, I'm fine. Instead, I need your help in there," Nuju pointed back at the rippling portal. Sorilax and Sala noticed Nuju talked with his hands as much as with his words, and occasionally small whistles and clicks mingled with his normal speech. "The Far Shore is what lies beyond that portal. It's where the universe itself validates its own inconsistencies. Infinite unraveled possible timelines exist at once within the Far Shore. It's both a place and not a place. To call it a place is a misnomer, but there's no real word to describe it. It exists between the space between planes. I assume you understand the planar theory of cosmology. No?" Nuju didn't pause, instead sitting himself down on the stairs to the portal as he began to explain further while wiping grease off his palms with a flax cloth from the pile of discarded treasures.

"The planar theory -- unlike Nuparu's simulation hypothesis -- is that, well, you exist in the Time Between Time. It's one plane. There are multiple realities parallel to this, such as the Time Before Time and the Time After Time. Time alone and by itself is its own plane. And these planes are all impossibly close to us at all times. In fact, you're there now. Just doing something different. Maybe. Who knows. The point is this: look at the night sky. Every star you see is its own plane. This of course leads us into the philosophical hypothesis posed by the scholar Ihu that we are in and of ourselves planar constructs governed by internal constellation prophecies, and that our consciousness is determined by the individual internal cosmology of our own internal reality that is inhabited by, well, us and everything else. We have no free will within this hypothesis. It aligns itself easily with matoran religious dogma: we are unified in our life's purpose, duty bound to fulfill it, and are preordained with a destiny that is revealed as we live. In this paradigm we are literally chosen. For what though? This is of course speculation at best, and religiously reinforced social functionalism at worst. There is no proof for this hypothesis. But now with access to the Far Shore we have a chance for true self discovery. We can test it. Within the realm where reality is itself determined we can find answers to these kinds of questions. However, there is something that exists beyond our planes, and even beyond the Far Shore. No matter how far I walk along the shore I cannot reach it. I learned of it in Metru-Nui before the cataclysm. I thought it existed beyond the Ark, but I was wrong. It was very much a part of our home, and it's gladly consuming every plane as we unravel throughout time. The evils and accomplishments of our kind are infantile by comparison. We've existed in only one plane for as long as we remember, and there's something beyond everything that has true power. They are no Great Spirit, or even a Great Being. They are something truly without comparison. I found a name in my research: Tren Krom. They exist beyond us, and only by aligning certain planes can we access their true domain. This brings me to the stone you just used.

"Makoki stones like the one you activated are representations of a unique plane separate from all other realities. I am aware of six of these stones, which -- according to writing hidden within the Great Temple of Metru-Nui -- were forged from a single makoki sphere by six great toa heroes before the creation of the Mata Nui Ark itself. It leads me to believe at one time the planes were aligned so that access to Tren Krom's domain was possible. Now we have the six fragments, and Tren Krom exists somewhere beyond. Each stone is like a key to a hidden kingdom, and you just proved they have the power to align multiple planes together. I've tracked the presence of another Makoki stone for some time hidden in the swirling uncertainty of the Far Shore, and I've narrowed it down to two possible timelines. The stars of our matoran principles have guided me so far, but it would be faster if you could investigate these two possible timelines while I compile and translate the data. If it helps, there are untold riches waiting to be claimed from the fragments of uncertainty that is the Far Shore. I'm sure the faster we confirm possible realities the sooner we'll find another makoki stone, and the sooner we'll be able to access Tren Krom's domain. If you know others who could assist in this search, I see no reason why not to inform them of the need."

Nuju looked at Sorilax and Sala quizzically for a moment, like a teacher surveying the lecture hall. He gave a sharp click and a low whistle. Sorilax finally placed the sounds as birdsong. 

"Any questions?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Happy chat.

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi winced, “I-I sorry, did not mean to worry anyone. It’s … sometimes I see things. Visions. It started right before the Invasion of Metru-Nui, when Knichou was making me my Volo Lutu Launchers. Stannis knows. He-he knew when he appointed me in charge.” He said that last two sentences almost defensively, averting his eyes from everyone. 

Collector spoke up, “What did you see?” They cocked their head at Kanohi, they had heard a little of these visions, but when he had been lost in his thoughts, they thought they had heard Kanohi whisper something about the ruins of stone. This might be relevant.

Oh, um,” Kanohi’s face turned burnt red, “well the first vision in the Taku was of a chain of islands sinking below the waves. Bode claims they match the archipelago south of this island. The second was in the Invasion of Metru-Nui, I … I saw Mata-Nui’s head be ripped off, before we landed. The next was after I had returned to Po-Koro, when I saw two Toa dying in each other’s arms in a jungle, one Toa had red armor, the other one was green.

Collector glanced among the others, “And now?

It started with a peaceful village, one that stood besides a ruined temple. There was a coastline to the west, and a mountain range to the east. Could … could I have seen the future of Po-Koro?

Was the head in your dream?” They pointed to the west, towards the colossal severed head of Mata-Nui, still bleeding that strange fluid. 

I … not that I recall. But it was hard to focus, I didn’t think to search for it. Then there was an all-encompassing starless darkness that was overcome in a burst of light. And then I saw islands, I think they were the ones I saw before. Only this time, they rose, grew sharper and taller, and then I realized they were teeth on a massive jaw.

Collector looked at the group, “I … I have heard there are masks that give visions, I suppose it is not unheard of. And Dume had sought power over time. But for a Matoran to see the future … still, you saw the death of Mata-Nui from the outside, and the geography of this island before you had stood on it? That is … and you are not getting the order of events mixed up?

I … I am sure.

Collector looked at the Toa and Vahki, ”What do you all think? I … if this vision means something … the head was not there, so it might have been the past. I can’t imagine it would be easy to miss the head. But if it was the past, then there might be foundations of an old village to rebuild. And given Kanohi’s … Kanohi-ness, I suppose it is possible he could have not noticed the head. It still might have been the future.

Kanohi swallowed and looked at the group, “I know you saw there would not be much room in the ruins itself for all of us to live. But what is the terrain like? Could we build homes nearby the ruin, at least with the help of the Toa present?” He … he had not really followed the visions closely before, took this as warnings not advice. But this, Stannis trusted him and put him in charge. He said it was because Kanohi cared but, if Stannis trusted in these visions, then Kanohi should trust the visions too. Right?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @The UltimoScorp @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Barius squinted, face full of doubt, confusion... and the slightest hint of awe, that suggested he was considering, to at least some extent, the possibility that the Toa was being truthful. As Stannis gave a promise of twofold-repaid courtesies, his customary grin returned. "Don't know about the rest of that, but that last bit is what I like to hear." His mind was working as he waved his hand, the gesture indicating his permission - indeed, his compulsion - for the pair to enter the fortress proper. The first thing that jumped out to him about the Toa's claims was that, if something truly had been waiting for him here for literal millennia, without having already been plundered by the generations of Skakdi raiders that called the fort home, then it was bound to be very well-hidden. If he could find it, then that would lend a great deal of his credence to his story. And if his story was true, then Barius suspected he had many more to tell.

"Tell ya what," he boomed, seeming satisfied with himself. "If what you're lookin' for really is here, then at least part of your payment can be in information." And if not, then you get booted out and I keep your ship, he finished in his thoughts.

• Like 1

"I'm Barius. This is Drukarus," he gestured to the purple GSR-Skak, "Corrivalis," now pointing towards the Mimic, "and Parnassus," he finished, clapping his Aspect companion lightly on the shoulder. "The rest aren't important enough for you to know their names." If the other couple of Skakdi that were part of the welcoming party took umbrage with that assessment, they didn't show it.

• Like 3

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

Zataka looked at the destruction around her. Had Yumiwak known about this? No, apparently not. All the Skakdi of the airship crew looked like they’d had no idea this had been going on. Their expressions ranged from shocked to distraught. It didn’t take a mind reader to tell they’d expected to find their homes intact.

Maybe Yumiwak would understand her own quest a bit better now? Or perhaps the princess would double down. Destruction like this left people looking towards leadership. Zataka wouldn’t be surprised if Yumiwak rushed to fill that need and the rig’s power vacuum.

Up ahead, what must be McGrokk’s hut appeared to have survived the Tahtorak’s tempest largely intact, but it was hard to tell what parts of the ramshackle hut had always looked this way and which had suffered damage during the storm.

Yumiwak couldn’t see Kunok immediately, but he had mobilized more than enough helpers, dragging salvage up from the beach on improvised sleds, using torches to cut metal down to size etc. Despite the devastation, life at McGrokk’s was thriving at this moment.

And then she heard the eponymous Skakdi, caught in an argument. 

“You’ve got to be kidding!”

“I assure you I am not.” Kunok’s voice replied, as light hearted as ever, but there was definitely an undertone to the way he said it. As they approached, they found the trader facing off against a fellow Skakdi that easily towered over him.

“Five...fer this prime piece!? All me’ life an’ belongins got swept an’ yer only offerin’ five?” they bellowed, pointing at the pile of machinery between them.

“Yes, all your belongings got swept, so unless you’ve got something worth more tucked away between all that muscle somewhere, five is what this is worth and five is what you will get. Or you can pack your scrap and try your luck elsewhere.”

“Ain’t nowhere else!” the other snapped back. Kunok flashed them a brief smile. “What a shame.”

The other growled. “Shame if I snap your neck proper. Right ‘ere.”

Kunok tsked. “I wouldn’t recommend it. You know I keep things moving around here. Things keep moving, people get to eat. You kill me dead and they’ll go hungry and unhappy on your account. You don’t want that kinda heat on you.”

The other growled again, but finally just snatched the bag of whatever “five” Kunok had offered them and trudged off, while other Skakdi carried away the salvaged machinery.

Pleased with himself, Kunok took a look around and spotted the new arrivals coming from the ‘Panda’. 

“Ah my dear Yumiwak! I see you were successful! Well met yet again. Welcome to the aftermath.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC [Coliseum]:

"Prepare for any attacks on the Coliseum. Oh, and send some Vahki to move my ACR and the debris from Pridak's ACR to a room on this floor. I want to set up a workshop here. And one last thing: mind showing me to my new sleeping quarters?"

“Certainly.” was the Vortixx’ reply, with a smile. They turned and motioned for the ‘king’ to follow them. Facing away from him, the receptionist's eyes rolled hard. Prepare for any attacks? What am I, a warlord? I prepare for attacks on the breakfast meeting buffet, not the entire building. Didn’t you just go down to the Vahki processor hive? Do I get a raise with the added responsibility? Oh my bad, I don’t get paid, period. Guess I’m part of the inventory now, your highness...

As they walked, the receptionist swiped around on their tablet, passing on the directions regarding the cleanup, ACR workshop, as well as security arrangements to the Vahki. They just had to trust Nuparu’s algorithms were adequate.

A few moments later they opened a discreet door that led to the former city ruler’s sleeping chambers. It was spacious enough to accommodate beings larger than Matoran and Toa, but was otherwise rather spartan in its appearance. A bed, closet, a few small artsy objects not worth mentioning on display. Everything was softly lit from a window overlooking the city. Pridak had not bothered changing the decor too much since moving into the coliseum either. It had been very low on his to-do list. Evidently rulers of Metru Nui had not much need for luxury in their quarters, as they hardly spent any time there anyway.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

EMT Vahki

The Vahki whirred and clicked, finishing up the first aid it excelled at, treating all the superficial wounds and scrapes. Then it spoke again: 

“Mutation - is not covered by emergency medical protocols. Please consult a specialist about your condition for further treatment.” it explained to Waveahk.

“Your lost property report has been forwarded. Your items will be ready for pickup at the reception shortly.”

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Po-Koro:

The road if fire sat cross legged on the sand, which seemed to help her brain de-fog a little bit.

"I dunno much about visions myself, but Master Lhii always used to say that... Oh how did he put it..."

The young Toa of Fire affected a voice and mannerism that one could only assume was that if her old master.

"Visions are a fickle and fluid thing. Take heed of them, but do not get caught up in the finer details of their contents!"

Kat resumed her normal vernacular, and shrugged, "Something like that, anyway."

Ooc: @Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, Telepathic Link)

Unfortunate. Metru-Koro, while safe for the moment, is not in a position to increase its population, by my observations. It has suffered attacks by both this 'League of Six Kingdoms' and Mesi raiders. There is no place on the island safe from the greed of the warbands.

To reach my home in the Kumu Islets, beyond their reach, you would have to travel to the south-west coast. One of your airships would bypass both hazardous terrain and the sea, but it is unlikely you would be welcome there…

I must ask a question of you now, Bode. The one who claimed to foresee my home being swallowed by the sea, the one called 'Kanohi'. Has he foreseen anything else?

@Harvali

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro)

If you thought Ostrox wouldn’t be keeping relatively close to Zaliyah, well, you thought wrong. He was the second being to approach Oreius’s airship. He didn’t catch much of their conversation as he closed the distance between them and himself… except for that last part.

'How, exactly, did Pridak die?'

That wasn’t what he would call good news. 'A sign of the apocalypse' would be more befitting.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler

IC: NU-8020S, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable, Buggy and Wayward (Po-Koro)

NU-8020S began scanning the area for stockpiles of illegal narcotics, to perhaps explain the Akiri’s visions. Then the names 'Knichou' and 'Stannis' were mentioned. They were familiar, but without access to the Vahki Hive, she couldn’t look through the database for where she remembered them from...

Reckless ran over in quadrupedal mode, trying to see what all the commotion was about.

Lawful turned to face Kat, before turning to face Kanohi. "This Toa appears to be dehydrated. May I ascertain the nearest source of clean drinking water?"

Obedient remained at the controls of the Transport, patiently awaiting orders.

Impressionable began searching his memory banks for a file that contained both the words island and teeth. Zero results were found.

Buggy was making various, almost inaudible sounds, stuck in his own little server, but if any of his brothers heard him, they did not respond.

Wayward did nothing, silently judging everything that surrounded him.

@Harvali@The UltimoScorp@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Snelly@Tarn@~Xemnas~

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Lounge)

"Why didn't I think of that? I’ll get round to it..." He started making his way out, not waiting to see if Rose or Skyra had something to say.

The reason why Waveahk had never been cured was because nobody but him wanted him cured, at least, from his perspective. A man who could breathe underwater was objectively more useful than a man who could not. The Shadowed One wasn’t about to waste time and money trying to find a cure out of the goodness of his heart. Neither was Aurax or the Turaga, for that matter.

The Vahki hadn’t given him an answer to his request for transportation. Either his request for his old weapons had overridden it - not unlikely, considering it was Matoran hardware with League programming, not exactly a winning combination - or he’d find out at reception. And so, he started to make his way there...

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Oof. Sounds bad, but right now they’re our only lead on this thing we’re doing. As I’ve said, it’s not as if the rest of this bloody island is any safer. Best way to stay alive is either join one of the warbands - ew, no - or never stay in one place for too long, at least in my experience. Your choices boil down to a warzone or a graveyard, since the Valley of Bones isn’t far from here as I said. We might find something interesting there, but I’d rather we at least try to check out the skull."

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

Your choices boil down to a warzone or a graveyard, since the Valley of Bones isn’t far from here as I said. We might find something interesting there, but I’d rather we at least try to check out the skull."

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"Very well," he nodded. "Giant skull it is, then." 

@Toru Nui

2 hours ago, Burnmad said:

"I'm Barius. This is Drukarus," he gestured to the purple GSR-Skak, "Corrivalis," now pointing towards the Mimic, "and Parnassus," he finished, clapping his Aspect companion lightly on the shoulder. "The rest aren't important enough for you to know their names." If the other couple of Skakdi that were part of the welcoming party took umbrage with that assessment, they didn't show it.

IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann

The mimic offered a curt nod as his name was mentioned. Taking being singled out as an invitation to approach, Corrivalis moved closer to where Barius stood, still watching the Toa and Aspect. He still didn't like this. Maybe the Toa were as divided as the warskaks were, broken into little groups that were at odds with one another, but he still couldn't shake the thought of what Barius had done to the last Toa they'd encountered, and what the fallen one's companions would surely do if they learned of his fate.

@Burnmad

• Like 2

IC: Le-Metru Nuva NPCs - Various Species - Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, Uraborask, Morangad

Torch was on his hands and knees, shaking slightly. That, THING, had touched his mind and drained him completely. It seemed as if it had looked at his very soul, laying everything bare. It was a harrowing experience.

The flood waters, about two feet deep, had been evaporated by his attack, but now they surged back in full, filling the pit and making it seem as if the ground were even and level. They swirled around his limbs, clearing away his vomit.

But the village’s combined attack had won them the day. They had destroyed the creature that had threatened all of their lives. And it had been Sidra who had led the charge, who had stopped the creature from escaping and setting up events that ultimately led to its death. She could have run at any time, he knew her mask allowed her that.

He let his suspicions fade away, for once letting his anger go. In that moment he felt at peace. The village was safe, and it had learned how to cope with the Fau Swamp and its dangers. After this fight, they would only be stronger. He had done his Duty. He had kept them safe.

Beruv pulled up in the LeviCart next to him, she had pulled a lightstone from her pack and was illuminating where she was going. Wing threw herself from the cart, floundering through the standing water to Torch. She embraced him and he returned the hug. She shook her head, “I’m so glad you’re safe, and that we’ve won!

She immediately pulled back, concerned with how emotional she got just there.

Torch just smiled, pulling himself to his feet. He looked at Wing, slightly concerned by her mutations and the slime now on his body, but something else filled his Heartlight. His Destiny. It had been achieved. He had done what he had been created for. And it was time to pass it along.

He pulled out his silver sword, gleaming in the light of the lightstone. Then it began to glow with its own light. “Wing,” he said, voice calm and warm, “I have accomplished my Destiny. Now it’s time for you to begin trying to fulfill yours.

Wing looked shocked, face incredulous at the claim.

Torch touched the tip of the glowing sword to one of her shoulders, “Wing, you have proved yourself time and again that you will keep us safe in this swamp. Through Unity we prosper.” He pulled up the sword and touched it to her other shoulder as now his own body began to glow, “And I pass my torch of Duty to you.

Wing’s body began to glow as well. Then it started to expand as she grew taller, even as Torch’s body shrunk. When it was over, a new Toa of Air stood beneath the village, her mutated body, elongated limbs, and light green coloring making her look a lot like Sidra. Next to her stood a Turaga of Fire, his body still more fit than any Matoran, but far weaker than the Toa he once had been. He truly stood for the term “Champion” Turaga, instead of the old, dottering ones you often saw in Metru Nui, their limbs all weak from disuse and their heads filled with incomprehensible visions.

Yes, Torch was more at peace now than he had ever been.

Far up above in the massive banyan trees, their limbs unnaturally gigantic and strong, Le-Metru Nuva sat, partially devastated by the former pounding rain. Broken branches, leaves, bark grown shingles, and broken railings were everywhere, strewn about haphazardly. But for the most part, the buildings were intact, the bridges still safe.

A cheer rose up from the trees, specifically from the guard posts, at the defeat of the Grand Untethered. This cheer let those higher up in Le-Metru Nuva know that the battle had been won, filling their hearts with a hope of survival that had almost been stolen away from them that night.

The Zyglak blinked awake, pushing himself up. The female Vortixx stood at the beginning of where the bridge had broken away, not caring about the light rain that still fell upon her. Using her Ruru, she continued to study the giant beast. Its behavior had changed drastically after it had eaten Viltia. She hoped against hope that they might still make it through this, that the beast might not notice them and simply leave.

She spoke to the Zyglak without turning her head, “I heard a cheer, so those undead things must be defeated. Go tell Torch about the monster. It stopped attacking after it ate Viltia. Maybe she’s still alive?

The Zyglak felt sick to his stomach at that statement, but nodded. He scrambled to his feet and ran for the elevator, which the Steltian had just finished cranking back up. He started to ride it down, cursing Matoran, Toa, and Turaga under his breath in an effort to console himself.

Spark sloshed over to Uraborask in the knee deep water of the clearing. He holstered his pistol in a belt that most certainly wasn’t originally designed to do so. The weapon threatened to fall out with each step. “Well look at that. We won!” Spark tried to see the Skakdi’s jeep in the glow of Beruv’s lightstone. It was completely submerged under water in the large pit. “Hope your rig there is waterproof. This flash flood water ain’t draining in just one day.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad Permission to transfer NPC Torch's Toa Power to NPC Wing given by Vezok's Friend.

• Like 3

IC: Sidra – Le-Metru Nuva

The sound of voices nearby stirred Sidra from her reverie, and she moved towards them. Recognising the lanky figure of Spark, she handed him back his lightstone rifle with a nod of thanks, too transfixed by the strange sight before her to form words.

“Torch? Wing?” She almost asked what had happened, but the results spoke for themselves. “I… I think it’s over. Thank you... all of you.”

She glanced back towards the crater, “I couldn’t have done that alone. None of us could have.”

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

The LeviCart ran out of power again and this time Beruv let it settle into the water. With its weight, it wouldn’t be going anywhere. She climbed out, lightstone in her hand. She couldn’t believe her optics. Had Torch really just done that?

Torch? Wing?” Sidra asked the newly transformed pair as she walked closer, “I… I think it’s over. Thank you... all of you.”

Sidra glanced back towards the crater, “I couldn’t have done that alone. None of us could have.

Torch momentarily looked at his shorter body. In his hand, his sword had transformed into a simple silver staff with a flame at the top. Not exactly the best weapon in the Fau Swamp, but the outer edges of the protosteel flame looked sharp enough. He responded to Sidra, voice unmistakably his, but it had grown a little deeper, “You are wise, Sidra. I see that now. You are undoubtedly the one that our success rode upon.” He looked at the water that had settled over the pit. A flash of lighting lit the sky, but it already seemed like the storm was weaker and moving on its way. “Viltia and I only helped you defend your home. You cut their cords, drove them back, then paved the way for us to land a final blow. Without you, our efforts would have been fruitless.

He held out his hand in the traditional Toa greeting, “Thank you, Sidra. You truly are one of us. And I’m sorry for doubting your intentions earlier.

Wing, meanwhile, was standing stock still, just trying to take in all the new feelings she had. Apparently mutating wasn’t enough, and now Mata-Nui had thrown even more on her plate. Her body absolutely bursted with what she guessed was elemental energy, and her new limbs were even longer now. Bits of the foul smelling slime dripped off of her in the rain. Her tongue had come loose and she had to wrap it around her head again. Viltia needed to create a mask of mutation and undo this as fast as possible.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Removed Spark.
  • Like 1

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Thanks," she nodded, slinging the rifle across her back. "And I'm sorry for doubting you," she replied to Torch, bumping his outstretched fist with her own. "In all of the chaos... did we manage to identify whoever it was that infiltrated the village?" Despite Torch's praise, doubt still crept into her mind.

She didn't feel like she deserved congratulations.

Sure, it had been her idea to pull away the roots under the ground, but it had been Viltia's power that had made it possible. Sidra been the one to realise that cutting the tethers set the creatures free from the main body's control, but anyone could have figured that out. She'd given the order to fire, but it had been the villagers who'd struck the killing blow, and Torch who'd made the ultimate sacrifice to finish the fight. There was nothing Sidra had done that someone else couldn't have if they'd been standing there instead of her.

And though she hoped it was a mere coincidence that the monsters she'd encountered in Metru Nui had come all this way, she couldn't shake the feeling that the attack was far more than happenstance. If they'd come here because of her, then all of this was her own fault. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

"Thanks," Sidra nodded to Spark, slinging her new lightstone rifle across her back. "And I'm sorry for doubting you," she replied to Torch, bumping his outstretched fist with her own. "In all of the chaos... did we manage to identify whoever it was that infiltrated the village?"

Torch shook his head. It was weird to have holes for his optics in his mask. “No we did not. And that does concern me. Your doubts were well placed, I’m sure, but nothing odd happened that I know of, though my attention was on resupplying Kanoka and then the fireball.

The Zyglak jumped the last ten feet to the ground, stumbling in the two feet of water and muck beneath. He walked towards the lightstone in Beruv’s hand. “Tooooorch?” He called out, halting as he saw Torch and Wing’s new forms. He shook his head to clear it. Torch was still a Turaga. He decided to deal with it later. He turned to Sidra, “I heard the Viltia scream (cursed be her Toa form) and went to investigate. The Viltia had that wavey silver stuff on her.” He motioned oddly with his arms, trying to wave them fluidly and failing, “Then a giant hand picked up her and the platform she was on.” He pantomimed a giant hand grabbing something, “When I looked up I saw a giant beast, twice as tall as our trees. It, uh…” His voice got emotional, “It ate the Viltia whole.

His optics unfocused and then refocused before he shook his head to clear it once more, “But now the beast no longer attacks. It just sits there. What should we do?

A Matoran finished climbing down from a nearby tree; they made their way over to the group right as the Zyglak finished. They offered their input, “From my guard post lower in the trees, I saw something fall from the platform after Viltia screamed. Its mouth was glowing just like the undead, but it had no tethers on it.” The Matoran pointed, “It fell over there.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

"I'm sorry... what?" Sidra stared at the Zyglak, before turning and running for the elevator. "We need to get up there!" 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

With - Sidra

The Zyglak momentarily looked at Torch before trying to catch up with Sidra, water splashing, noise not a concern that he thought about. The Rahi of the Fau Swamp were low on the priority list tonight. Torch started to move, but stumbled, unused to his new form. Wing moved to catch him, but she wasn’t used to her new form either and they both fell over into water.

Beruv yelled to Sidra and the Zyglak as she went to help the new Turaga and Toa rise from the water, “Just go! We’ll be up after you!

The Zyglak got to the elevator just after Sidra. He pulled a rope next to one of the four corner posts. Up above, a wooden contraption with a spring was depressed, indicating to the Steltian that it was time to raise the elevator once more. He flexed his hands before starting to crank again. His work was essential, but it sure was annoying sometimes. Either you wanted to be up in the village or you wanted to be down below. Why was tonight full of so many beings wanting to be both places at once?

Once the elevator reached its peak, the Zyglak took off after thanking the Steltian, leading Sidra to the broken off bridge that once led to the platform Viltia had been on. There was a gaping hole in the canopy, revealing the Tahtorak as it stood basically right next to the village, only unnoticed by most because of the dark.

The member of Mimic’s species was gone, but the female Vortixx with the Ruru remained. As Sidra and the Zyglak arrived, she spoke, “I think it’s talking with something in its hand. It hasn’t done anything else.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

"Talk me through this again..." Sidra slowed as she walked, agape at the enormity of the creature before. She saw no signs of silvery threads, shifting flesh, or obvious necrosis, so hopefully it wasn't directly related to the undead. But it was still incredibly unsettling. 

A few steps forward and it would reduce the village to kindling. The fact that it hadn't done so was good news, right? And surely this was what had uprooted and dropped the tree into the middle of the battle? Maybe it was here to help. But still...

"You said it ate Viltia?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

With - Sidra

The Zyglak looked like he was going to be sick, grabbing a railing that dangerously shifted under his weight.

The female Vortixx answered Sidra, “It grabbed the whole platform, with the downpour sifting all the wood off its palm. Then it swallowed Viltia whole. It swung at something in the sky, then suddenly went still. Shortly after that the downpour stopped and this light rain began. Then the beast held up its hand and started, well, I believe it’s talking. It sounds like the deepest subwoofer I’ve ever heard from here, but I think I can make out individual words.

The Vortixx squinted her optics, wishing she had a telescopic lens, “I have no idea what’s going on.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

"Then I guess we should... try to talk to it?" She grimaced. She hoped against hope that what they were wrong about what had happened to Viltia, or that she'd managed to escape or survive somehow. She raised the lightstone rifle and loosed a shot straight upwards, hoping the bright light would catch the giant creature's attention. "Hello? Over here!" 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

The old Wanderer followed Barius a few steps behind and walked with a slight hobble, appearing to be at least somewhat hampered by his old age and requiring the support of his spear which he employed as a walking staff. "A pleasure, I'm sure," Stannis said and nodded politely once to each of the others present, spending a second more in according Drukarus a greeting. 

That name at least was familiar to him, but it was a memory from long ago. Clearly since the man was a Skakdi and there had been a deluge of denizens from the Ark who had been in Metru Nui's dome for one reason or another there was a small possibility the being had come from the Zakaz in the sky, though try as he did to suss out what he could remember about the man by that name the memories did not return. He looked at Drukarus' face a second longer, striving to recall what he could and hoping for a refresher... but nothing came. To Parnassus he paid almost no heed, only nodding the once as he had to Corrivalis before moving on. 

"You are not Nektann," he said conversationally as he walked, "but the locals refer to the citadel after him. What happened to this redoubt's namesake?

• Like 2

He chuckled. "Dead, by his own spawn. I understand he earned it, but that was before my time. Spawn shared the same name. I took over after him, didn't care to change it." He did not mention that the most recent transfer of power he'd just referred to had occurred the day before.

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

"I see. Were you in his employ for long?" he asked, then, sensing that inquiring too much without context was a poor recipe, he explained, "I ask because I wonder if you've or anyone has spent enough time here to stumble across any signs of my old friend. His name was Brykon." He said the name with a fondness in his tone; it practically flowed from his tongue-tip like warm milk and honey, sweet and silky. "I know he isn't here anymore, but perhaps...?" He imagined some gruffly hewn graffiti on a stone wall, which was not uncharacteristic for the old grizzly.

@Burnmad

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Barius huffed. "If it's been as long as you said, then you're many generations too late to hear any word of your friend."

He seemed amused as the Toa, whom he had never once seen nor heard of before in his life, led him through the halls of the fortress he'd lived in for decades. He reckoned this Stannis fellow could have just been walking aimlessly, but to what end? Unless he had gone dotty in his old age, Barius was beginning to think that the Toa might actually be leading them somewhere.

IC: Apex (Le-Metru Nuva)

Nektann can part with me whenever he wishes, taking control again. But if you mean fighting the rage, loss, and memory loss, then yes. I can. I will. The hardest part to deal with is the memory loss. The other two flaws are easier to notice and then not act on. Hey, you’re an Aspect, do you know if we can remove the downsides to this Tahtorak body?

Apex was left...Unsure how to even answer that. She knew for a fact that she didn't know anything about Tahtorak's as she never needed to create one, and if she ever knew how to make them, she had forgotten how to long ago. But that wasn't the problem, the problem was that Apex didn't know if she should help or not. On the one hand, this would be helping her foe to regain their lucidity, to be able to control their mind while in a form beyond compare. But then back on the other, is a wild Tahtorak, not even capable of self-control, a worst threat. Apex didn't know but she supposed simply saying that she didn't know anything was a suitable reply.

"I...Do not know. Never have I ever used the Rite of the Tahtorak, nor have I ever felt the need to create a beast of raw destruction. In ages past, in my time, I had spent my years overseeing my charges, that being this island and the life that inhabited it. And never had I lived to see the destruction one can inflict till today..." Apex pondered her next words carefully, unsure whether she should suggest this even, but decided that perhaps this is what is needed. "...And if you were to...F R E E   N E K T A N N," Apex said through gritted fangs, "Then Miserix, the Aspect who sired him, would be the source of the knowledge you seek. I believe they dwell to the northern tip of the island, within a fortress filled with the other members of the misbegotten race that is the Skakdi." 

If Apex was lucky, than perhaps she would be able to kill two Skakdi with one bite.

But before Apex could go and ask further questions in turn, a beam of light struck up into the sky, stabbing into the clouds and briefly leaving a hole before the clouds closed back in. Looking out from the side of the hand she was standing in, surveying down the below, trying to discern where it came from.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Sala (Kini-Nui)

Throughout the entire affair before him, Sala was left equal parts stunned and unsure what to do. Sala expected at most for the wall to open, with the worst outcome being potentially some sort of trap triggering. But this...This was beyond anything Sala could have predicted. As the structure that the two chronicler's stood upon shifted, Sala's eyes were planted upon the golden rift, a portal, seemingly materialized by the semi-damaged arcane technology formed from the structure.

The portal itself was mind boggling, as it seemed to tear into the space around it, as if the world around it just stopped, like a hole in a page of parchment. In addition, from within the gap of it, Sala looked inwards and saw lands of both mundane and fantastical nature. Places with rocky spires that tore the sky, oceans with a depths that descended into darkness, lands of molten fire and lava, and jungles of vast entanglement. It was humbling and existentially dread filling for Sala and he did not truly know why. But that stuttering process of thought halted by who appeared from it, and it left the Su-Matoran all the more boggled.

Nuju, a scholar and philosopher of significant renown back in Metru-Nui, appeared, stepping out of the portal laden in odds and ends of various natures and qualities. As Nuju stepped out, he spoke talking as if what was happening wasn't somewhere on the scale of impossible to insane. It also didn't help that Sorilax didn't seem at all bothered or confused by this occurrence, simply going along it with a casual ease. Which was quite juxtaposing concerning Sorilax's track record with social interactions, but maybe that was why the Aspect seemed unperturbed.

But before Sala could get his two widjets into the madness that was happening before him, Nuju instantly went into a monologue directed to the two beings before him, with the way the Ko-Matoran spoke being similar to the long winded and elaborate lectures that Sorilax would commonly tell; but where Sala was usually knowledgeable upon the subjects that Sorilax spoke of, and simply listened quietly out of politeness and a minor degree of adoration, here, Sala was left completely clueless and brimming with so many questions, that the chronicler thought that he wouldn't even be able to get them all answered before the entire island sank beneath the waves.

"Any questions?"

Both Sala and Sorilax were silent for several seconds before the Su-Matoran broke the silence. "I..I..I..I..Have so many questions, concerning so many topics, and I genuinely don't know where to even start! What is this Far Shore? Who or what is Tren Krom? What is this portal and how did you seem to know that we would use it, if not someone else? How does this relate to anything and everything? And what does this particular ruin or at least this Makoki Stone have to do with this? I just..I just...As far as anyone knew, you died. If not from the League during their advance up towards the city, then in the crash. How is it that you're here and alive? I think that might be my most curious question!"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

With - Nektann, Apex, Sidra

"I...Do not know. Never have I ever used the Rite of the Tahtorak, nor have I ever felt the need to create a beast of raw destruction. In ages past, in my time, I had spent my years overseeing my charges, that being this island and the life that inhabited it. And never had I lived to see the destruction one can inflict till today..."

Viltia was disappointed at this, but she guessed it made sense. There was a super slim chance of some random Aspect also knowing and being able to change a Taboo. A Taboo? Viltia searched Boss’ memories. Oh, Taboos were things Aspects could learn! She wondered if Sorilax knew any. She also wondered who Sorilax was and why she kept thinking about him.

Apex continued. Viltia was getting very good at hearing the little Rahi Aspect. "...And if you were to...F R E E   N E K T A N N," Apex said, voice strained for a moment. Maybe she needed to clear her throat. If Aspects even had throats? Probably not. "Then Miserix, the Aspect who sired him, would be the source of the knowledge you seek. I believe they dwell to the northern tip of the island, within a fortress filled with the other members of the misbegotten race that is the Skakdi."

Viltia nodded, massive head displacing massive amounts of air, “Yeah, I know the place. Or, well Nektann does. He-

She stopped, a beam of light distracting her as she forgot about Miserix for a moment. It had appeared right next to her. And from a massive hole in the canopy. OH! Right, she had grabbed a Toa from there and eaten her. And then that Toa had shown up... 

Okay, she was that Toa. That was a pretty silly thing to forget.

Viltia leaned down, shoving her head in the hole. It was dark down here. She shifted a bit. There we go! A lightstone lit up a cute, miniature village in the vision of her left optic. It reminded her a little bit of Le-Metru Nuva. There were three beings standing befor- Strike that, two beings standing before her. The Zyglak had fainted.

There was one Viltia couldn’t remember, and then the other seemed very, very familiar. Her mask made Vilita think of heat, joy, learning, and changed destinies. There was something about that mask. Or masks in general?

It was Sidra! How had she forgotten?! She could never forget Sidra. Ever.

Her voice bellowed with the force of a thousand waves on a stormy sea, “Sidra! It’s me, Viltia. How did you get so small?

Memory loss was a fickle thing.

Apex found that out when Viltia stuck her whole head in the canopy, palm still raised to hold the Aspect, but with Vitlia completely out of audio sensor range. She couldn’t hear Apex no matter how loud the Aspect roared.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2