Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

She blinked. Stared. Blinked some more. Then she laughed. Hearing Viltia's voice issue forth from the monstrous maw of the titanic creature above her was confounding beyond words. It was comical. It was insane. It was absurd. And it was relieving beyond all measure. 

"Uh... hi... good news, we won," she waved weakly, "I see you've been... busy. Could you explain to me, real slow, like I'm a stupid person, how you ended up as a giant monster?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro

"What we fought for?" Oreius's eyes narrowed. "That sounds like League talk. Who are you?"

He was uncomfortably aware of another being approaching—someone else he didn't recognize. Where was Turaga Sans? Where were the new Toa that Turaga Dume had made? He prepared to reach for his blade at a moment's notice. Had this all been a trap?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"Commander Zaliyah, of the League of Six Kingdoms," Zaliyah growled, "Pridak sent me here to negotiate peace, and when your Turaga refused, he sent me back with bombs. Now I'll ask you again, how did he die?" 

@Eyru

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Nektann, Apex, Sidra

Viltia nodded, shaking the limbs around her, “Okay, so I was shooting at the glowy thing, and then something happened and I’m pretty sure I went into shock, because the next thing I remember, Wing is on my lap and her mouth is glowing. And, oh! Oh no… Uh, I may have accidentally knocked her over the edge for some reason.

Viltia’s voice caused the entire village to shake due to its low rumble. “Then Nektann picked me up and ate me. We were in this star field and then I used my tethers to- Ummm, okay, so it just occurred to me that I have tethers like the undead things did. ...That’sssss probably not good. They feel so natural, though…

Viltia’s mind wandered as she thought about how good she had felt in the star field. “Then I decided to help out Nektann and merged with him. He was piloting/is this Tahtorak. And let me tell you, I understand why he was rampaging. This body comes with baked in loss, rage, and memory loss. The memory loss is the worst to deal with, even though I know about it.

Viltia blinked, the giant red optic disappearing for longer than a second. “Does.. that… explain…. What did we win?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Viltia did not sound like herself. Which was kind of a given, since she was talking through the mouth of a giant monster, but still not good. Without knowing how the karz this strange fusion process had occurred, there was no telling what kind of effect this was having on Viltia. 

"We won the fight... against the undead things attacking the village... remember?" She called out, "If you merged with this... Nektann... can you un-merge?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

"So you did this," Oreius replied, staring back at Zaliyah. He extended an arm, indicating the destruction that surrounded them. Unnoticed, a thin blue flame ran across his knuckles. "Bombed innocents."

He turned his head and spat on the ground. "You want to know how it happened? Fine. He died like a dog, with a foot on his neck and a blade in his chest. Choking on his own blood in front of his stolen throne."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 4

IC: Apex & Uraborask & Skrillix (Le-Metru Nuva)

Yeah, I know the place. Or, well Nektann does. He-

Like Apex, so too did Viltia, Nektann? The Tahtorak, noticed the beam of light that streaked upwards from the canopy floor. As the massive creature stuck its head into the canopy, Apex was left alone, suspended high up in the air upon the beast's hand, and partially unsure what to do. Apex still saw the Tahtorak as a threat, even if the entity Viltia seemed to have control over it, and as such, it was a threat that needed to be dealt with. But something made Apex momentarily hesitate.

From what Viltia said, it almost seemed that both them and Nektann sought the regrowth of the island, and as much as Apex sought to not to believe that Nektann, a Skakdi warlord who sent over two dozen of his own forces to burn swathes of forestry to just lure out the Aspect, would care for the island, something still hinted at otherwise. 

But regardless, Apex was still not done with Viltia, and so, spreading her wings, the thrum of her wings sounded out as her frame was lifted into the air and directed towards the canopy where the Tahtorak's head was. Breaking through the canopy, Apex caught sight of the village, which she had missed on her initial arrival, and finding a suitable place, landed just behind the three beings that were facing the monster, one of which seemingly passed out.

~~~

Looking from where he was hidden, Uraborask saw the destruction of the Untethered, the immense show of elemental power by Torch, the odd being that embraced the the emerald entity before collapsing. Uraborask saw it all, hidden away from the rest. At least, till the intensity of the fireball strained the darkness born Kraata that was bound to Uraborask, disrupting his near perfect camouflage, allowing the Vortixx, Sparks, to see him and approach.

Well look at that. We won! Hope your rig there is waterproof. This flash flood water ain’t draining in just one day.

Realizing that hiding was pointless at this point, Uraborask rose to his full hide, cradling the Hapaka carrying, Uraborask looked towards the half sunken rig, no sign of irritation or annoyance on his face. "You survived, against what? I do not know. As for the rig...It is a tool, one that I care little for. If it can be fixed, then that is good, otherwise, I do not care." Feeling the shiver of Skrillix from his guilly suit, Uraborask looked back towards Sparks, "The rain is still coming, and travel through the swamp will not be safe. Your village is still in one piece..." Looking upwards, just being able to make out the shape of the Tahtorak, and how it seemed to be...Not destroying the village, Uraborask continued, "...I desire to stay here."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Nato the Traveler

IC: Drukarus & Gore Fury (Fort Nektann)

Taking his first real steps into the fort proper, Stannis greeted those individuals that Barius introduced, and when Stannis and Drukarus made eye contact, a spark of recognition flared in both of the eyes of the two ancient figures, though one admittedly far more ancient than the other...If Stannis's words were to be believed. Though Drukarus didn't completely disbelieved what Stannis said either, for even when he was a Skaklet, legends of the wanderer of the Maru were told around campfires to spook children by those Skakdi who desired to instill fear, and to inspire awe in those who desired to tell history.

Many tales of Stannis' adventures were told on Zakaz, for even if his visits numbered less than the digits on Drukarus' left hand, time and Skakdi alone could make a single encounter turn into over a dozen different tales, each with a different beginning, middle, and end. And as such, it was hard to determine the truth amongst the false. But the truth could still be found, and from the numerous Skakdi orators, Drukarus was able to piece together what kind of being Stannis was, and the truth felt just as unbelievable as the false.

For as hard it was to believe, Stannis truly felt like an entity propelled by Destiny and faith, with not even death seemingly able to stop the Toa's march; as several accounts told of Skakdi, either through attrition, skill, or simple luck, felling the ancient wizard, only for him to seemingly rise once more, and occasionally, return such acts with righteous fury. It is why now, Drukarus was filled with such curiosity in the Toa, for while Barius seemed to hold onto doubt, Drukarus knew better, with only the seemingly magic nature of the land he has come to solidifying his belief in what one might call madness.

~~~

While Drukarus followed after the Warchief and the Toa of Destiny, alongside the two shadowy figures who were continually attempting to flex their own superiority to each other and those around them. Gore was left waiting, as the Mimic seemed to be disinterested in a conversation with the odd-looking Su-Skakdi. But being left to his own devices, Gore was able to focus on the encounter at the gates rather than on a conversation companion, and was able to not only see, but recognize the figure Stannis, and although Gore's memory of them was vague and old in their minds, it was still a memory they fondly held and one that put Gore into action.

Making his way away from the crowd and towards the main fortress, Gore nearly entered it before he noticed a small, non-Skakdi-like figure attempting to hide behind a tire. Moving over towards them, Gore was greeted by the sight of an honestly sad, dirty looking Matoran, a little instrument in their hands. Putting on his biggest and most generous smile, Gore intended to greet this new friend.

"Hey there little buddy, name's Gore Fury. What you doing back here and what's ya name?..Oh, hey, wait a minute, you know where the kitchen and food storage is around this place?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler @Conway @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147

A tired laugh escaped her at the Toa's use of the word 'innocents'. Zaliyah had long since grown tired of the endless arguments about the morality of war, and resigned herself to the fact there were no innocents in this conflict. After centuries of bloodshed, there wasn't a being in the universe who could pretend they didn't understand the reasons behind the war. Those who still sided with the oppressive rule of the Order of Mata Nui after all that time had done so with willing ignorance.

"Such noble words from a Toa," she sneered, "Was it you who struck the killing blow, or another of your kind?" 

@Eyru

• Like 4

"Proving that there's no honour among Toa, more like," she bit back. It hurt to say it. She'd spent so much time trying to convince Pridak that wholesale slaughter wasn't the solution, that the Matoran were worth preserving... and now she saw how wrong she'd been. Pridak had been right all along. "That's why Sans chose to threaten and provoke us instead of making peace... he'd already convinced Aurax to assassinate Pridak."

She sighed, eyes drifting to the ground. "Well, congratulations on your peace, on putting everything back in its place," she gestured towards the distant shape of Mata Nui's severed head, "I'm sure your Great Spirit thanks you for your honourable victory." 

@Eyru

• Like 4

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

Huh. So we beat it? That’s great!” Something lifted in Viltia’s mind and she noticed the kio of dead plants around her, seemingly for the first time. The raging storm of elemental energy inside of her was momentarily appeased as she released it to restore life to all the plants, regrowing them where they had wilted, repairing them where they had broken. Even in the dark, things seemed to get more green than they had a moment before. The brown of the bark grew more rich and the giant mushrooms started to glow once more.

Then she put a cap on the elemental energy again. It was outraged at the treatment and stormed all the more inside her. It sure was ornery. It didn’t like being contained at all.

Seeing Apex land reminded her of the rest of Sidra’s question. “Yup, though he can’t do anything right now, he can always choose to unmerge. I could as well, but he’s had such a hard time, and I want to help him out. I can see his memories, feel his emotions. As a Skakdi, he’s done horrible, wretched things, but there was a hope in him. A hope to regrow. I want to help him achieve that, since he can’t when he’s in control of the Tahtorak. When he’s in control, the loss, rage, and memory loss consume him completely, but I can handle them. Mostly.

Viltia squinted at the village around Sidra. Wait, was this Le-Metru Nuva? It seemed like it was made out of twigs.

IC: Le-Metru Nuva NPCs - Various Species - Refugees

With - Uraborask, Morangad, Sidra

Spark shrugged, “Yeah, okay. Follow me.” He sloshed through the water to the elevator that was descending down through rain drenched branches. Torch, Wing, a Matoran, and Beruv were there.

Beruv held up her lightstone, noticing Morangad in the dark of night and the drizzle of rain. She called out to him, “Hey, you want to join us?

When the elevator reached the water, they all sloshed on, grateful for the immense strength and endurance of the Steltian as he raised them all up once more.

Up in the village with Sidra, the Zyglak remained motionless. A constant string of curses against the Matoran species could barely be heard as he whispered them to himself. There was no way Viltia was a giant monster. No way.

He continued to pretend to be unconscious.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler Feel free to have Morangad join everyone up in the village.

• Like 1

"Well, you can't stay in there forever," she replied. "We all miss you." Viltia definitely seemed... lost. The question was how best to reach her without provoking the beast.

"Could you come back for just a little while?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Apex (Le-Metru Nuva)

As Apex landed behind the three beings and in front of Tahtorak Viltia, she was actually momentarily surprised that no one but seemingly Viltia noticed her landing. Apex was used to becoming the center of attention wherever she went, but she could understand the exception here.

"Well, you can't stay in there forever, we all miss you. Could you come back for just a little while?"

Extending her neck to place her head alongside Sidra and the Mimic female, Apex spoke out, "Lest you desire immediate death, I would recommend against this Viltia from freeing Nektann from her control."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

Viltia pondered this. Nektann’s feelings of loss at her leaving would fuel his rage and potentially destroy them all. But… he could potentially forget that, and only remember the good Viltia had done. It was hard to say.

She had already helped out the Skakdi, giving him a reprieve, however short it was. She even helped him regrow vast swaths of land. Maybe she had even been able to allow his mind to work better in the Tahtorak, allowing him to realize his loss, rage, and memory loss and then maybe even work on fighting them. Maybe?

The flaws were heavy upon her, though she knew about them. She couldn’t imagine not knowing about them. She was sure that if she had flaws, they would be unnoticeable and unchangeable to her.

Ultimately, she shrugged, shaking the trees. “Apex might be right. There’s a reason Nektann accepted me in the first place. He couldn’t control himself on his own. He was just so… alone.

• Like 1

After the day she'd had, Sidra wasn't even surprised to turn around and find a living menagerie waiting for her. She'd just fought all of the dead of Metru Nui, her friend had somehow possessed a monster big enough to hug a Kardas Dragon, and now a weird hybrid rahi was talking to her.

This day couldn't get any stranger or more stressful if even Mata Nui himself strolled up and named her his successor. 

She was beginning to wonder if she'd actually been mortally wounded during the battle, and this was all some fever dream induced by her dying brain. Or perhaps she was already dead, and this was the karzahni she deserved. 

"I... Nope. I can't even..." she brandished her hand at the possibly-hallucinatory talking beast in a shooing gesture, and turned back to Viltia. Or Nektann. Or whatever it was. "Look, Viltia, you're not sounding like yourself right now. We don't want you getting lost in there."

@Kal the Guardian 

• Like 2

IC: Morangad - Le-Metru Nuva

The Tiokaha turned to face the voice that had called out to him. Bowing briefly, he thanked Beruv for her offer. "I am grateful," he said, "but I think I will spend the evening closer to the swamp floor. It causes me a great deal of distress to be among so many people." Even from the current distance, he could feel the many souls hanging far above him in the trees, weighing upon his mind with a constant pressure. Sleeping among such large groups always yielded horrid dreams.

Standing there while he watched the elevator ascend, he probed around the swamp floor with his mind, seeking out anyone who might have been injured and in need of aid.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded shakily, “Right, that sounds wise. Thank you, Toa Kat. I have misunderstood situations before, visions might be more confusing. I-I should not fixate on the details. But I … I still have to decide.” He swallowed, he hated this pressure, he was no leader. But he had a duty, he could not pass the duty to another. He was Akiri, and he would have to try.

The cross-wired Matoran cleared his throat, “…If you heroes who have been to the Ruins of Stone have no concerns, I think we will try to settle there. It would have infrastructure, and if the vision is real, it might, it might be good to listen. But if not, we still need to move, and Metru-Koro, I do not believe we can find refuge there. I … I have to ask, can any of you help us leave and maybe get established in the Ruins? I know you have your own missions and lives, but could give us a better chance to survive.

For now taking care of the injured is more important, we can try to understand the vision later, Kanohi drew his Kiril Staff and said, “I … I need to make repairs to the city, I am good at that. We can’t stay, but if it takes time to leave, we will need shelter in the meantime.

To Toa Kat had said, “If you need water we would do what we can, but I fear we don’t have much clean water. We never had a lot, but I worry the rest may have been ruined in the flood. But we will help with what we can. It is the least we can do.

He hesitated, “Toa of Iron, you teleported here, right? Do you think, when the time comes, you could help us move the Matoran more quickly to the ruins, or wherever we go to settle? If you can transport the Forge as well,” he shook his head, “no, focus on the Matoran first, the forge, it can wait.

To Collector he said, “Um, if it is not too much trouble, can you search the flooded underground? Some Matoran may have gotten trapped in the current, and I think Jovan’s mask is still down there.

Collector nodded, “Of course.” They turned to go towards one of the remaining pits in the ground, to search for the Noble Mask of Flight and anything else lost to the flood.

Kanohi nodded, but then hesitated once more. With halting words he asked, “Oh, um, Toa Varian, if you need it, you have permission to search my mind for information on the visions, you would probably know my mind better than me.

Bode meanwhile wasn’t speaking out loud like Kanohi, merely sending his thoughts to reach Ulkarr, “he just had another vision, though I do not know how literally you should take it. He saw a village by a ruined temple, between an eastern mountain range and a western coastline, then a starless night being extinguished by light, and then he saw islands. He thought they were the ones I told you about before but it, even he was unsure. But in this vision, the islands rose out of the water, becoming the teeth of a gigantic jaw.

The De-Matoran continued his telepathic update, “And, um, speaking of gigantic teeth. Well, um, Po-Koro was devastated by the monster’s presence, the ground collapsed and became a quagmire, most of the buildings sunk, the land is now unstable. We are planning to leave the ruined landscape to found a new village, and because of that latest vision, Kanohi is considering going to a nearby ruins that had already been visited by some of the heroes who saved ours in the storm.” 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @The UltimoScorp @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

Ollem glowered at the controls, wracking his brain trying to figure out the solution to the puzzle. If it didn't have to do with the Three Virtues symbol itself, then it must have had to do with the individual virtues. At least, the Administrator seemed to be prodding them in that direction.

He turned over the symbols in his brain, trying to find something to latch on to with any one of them, but he couldn't. So he moved on to examining the dials in front of him. Each of them had 8 discrete values... perhaps a combination? He tried entering in the number of stars in each constellation. Nothing. Then his mind turned to the words themselves...

Unity...

Duty...

Destiny...

...That couldn't possibly be it...

He turned the dials to the 5th, 4th, and 7th notches, respectively.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: [Takadox]

Like a giant worm, but worse. Perfect. Just perfect. So not only were there various tribes of marauding Skakdi on this land, jockeying for places in line to desecrate themselves with these Aspects for a little more power. No, on top of that you had giant mythical monsters people could just...summon. And here all he’d wanted was to conquer a city, and a war and bring about a more egalitarian society. 

Inconvenient.

At that word, the foreign warlord actually burst out with a short, bellowing laugh.

“Oh, I could tell you a story or two of inconvenience after my time in those caverns.” he commented, before catching himself and raising his hands palms up, already apologetic.

“But, you raise a fair point. Let’s find some place safe.”

He glanced from Providence to the Mesi. “Who knows, since this one hasn’t tried sacrificing any of us to some pit monster, perhaps they’re willing to tell us of safer routes.”

He glanced at the Bohrok again. “And while we get there, maybe you can explain where in the blazes you came from and how you’re up and about all by yourself.”

OOC: @Burnmad @Kal the Guardian @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147

IC: [Vhisola]

After parting ways with Sorilax and Sala, Vhisola’s remaining trek back to Metru-Koro was little more than a stroll compared to the hardship of navigating the swamps these past few days. The ground was solid, the path ahead was clear and she didn’t have to constantly scan every possible corner for some hungry Rahi. Not that she went from alert to careless in an instant, but she could physically feel the tension releasing within her.

She followed the smoke rising from the recent battle to lead her back to the village itself. To her great relief, most of the smoke was coming from the hulks of dead airships that had come down, not the settlement. But Metru-Koro had still gotten hit hard. The damage was extensive, but not insurmountable. They could rebuild, in time.

As she got closer, Vhisola found that her return was hardly noticed. She had expected more heads turning, but she soon realized that in this state of affairs, she was just another lost Matoran wandering the aftermath of the battle. People were way more focused on those closest to them. She knew the feeling well. It had brought her back earlier than intended after all, and she definitely kept an eye out.

Eventually she waved down a group of three Matoran clearing rubble. She didn’t know any of them and none of them seemed to recognize her, but she still asked: “Have any of you seen a Ga-Matoran called Nokama? Or Nixie?”

The trio argued amongst themselves for a moment whether or not they’d seen anybody going by those names or their descriptions, before they all concurred that no, they had not seen them, but to go and check the new archives cave.

But on the way there, she finally got lucky, spotting a certain Matoran wandering around, looking a bit dazed. It took her a few seconds to notice Vhisola standing in front of her and recognition to set in. Her eyes grew wide. Vhisola smiled awkwardly. Nixie looked...well, as good as one could, surviving calamity after calamity.

“You look terrible.” Vhisola finally said, breaking the silence. Nixie looked the other Matoran up and down, shaken out of her thoughts. She took in all the scrapes, bruises and mostly the mud and dirt clinging to her friend. Her blue figure faded rapidly into mottled brown, green and tan from her face on down. “Thanks. You too.” she replied. They laughed and embraced one another. “It is so good to see you!”

“Same! I came as soon as I heard of the attack! It was the league, right? Did we win?”

“I...I don’t actually know. I heard some weird Skakdi attacked right after the league too, so...it’s all been a mess.” Nixie replied, honestly. “The league came and offered a truce, but Turaga Sans refused so they came back with those airships. Sans...didn’t make it.”

“Oh…” Vhisola’s eyes dropped. “Did we lose anyone else? What about...about…”

“She’s not here.” Nixie said, knowing instinctively who she was referring to.

Vhisola could feel her throat clenching. “Not here...because she escaped, or did they...did they…?” she couldn’t finish.

Nixie took a step back, but held onto Vhisola’s shoulders, steadying her. “No I mean, Nokama isn’t here at all. I haven’t seen her since the spirit fell.” The astronomer was quiet for a moment. “There are many familiar faces I haven’t seen since then.” Her thoughts briefly stopped on Taja. “And even some of the ones I have, I don’t recognize anymore.”

Vhisola took a shuddering breath. This was not the news she had hoped for, she’d somehow convinced herself Nokama would be here, not waiting for her, but...just be there. But at least she wasn’t dead. She was certain of that much, somehow. Nixie coughed and cleared her throat. 

“Come on. It’s been a long day for us both and you have had a long journey. No way we’re gonna get anything else done today anyway, so come with me. You can stay at my place tonight.”

They made their way back to Nixie’s hut. To the astronomer’s great relief, the airship blasts had missed her hut for the most part. She still had a massive hole in it, but her telescope was still there - covered in dust and sitting at a weird angle, but if the lenses weren’t damaged it would be fine. While Nixie went and began to clean up the place, Vhisola took time to clean herself, before they settled down in the middle of the room on two bed rolls.

They ate a meager meal of rations Nixie dug up and then sat and chatted, huddled around the heat stone between them, catching each other up on their respective adventures. Nixie recounted everything she’d witnessed leading up to and during the attack. Vhisola mentioned her run in with Sorilax and Sala and they had a good laugh over her using Nixie’s name. At any other time, the astronomer might have been upset at the identity theft, but she was just so glad to have a friend to talk to, she continued chuckling, until the laughter turned into coughing.  

“Are you alright?” Vhisola asked, looking concerned. She’d originally just figured it was because of the battle, but now... “You look unwell.”

Nixie coughed once more before answering. “Sore throat and a headache. Nothing a good night’s rest won’t fix.”

Nixie reached for a canteen and took a deep gulp of water from it. Vhisola looked unconvinced, but replied. “Okay, if you say so…”

Eventually, both exhausted from the day’s events, they laid down. But Vhisola found it hard to fall asleep. Her body craved rest, but her mind...it almost was like she was back in the swamp, the jungle, with danger all around her. Or maybe it was the opposite? Out here, there was no noise. No insects, birds or other Rahi...no rustling leaves in the wind. Just calm breezes...just calm...calm. 

Vhisola woke up startled in the middle of the night to the sounds of struggle right next to her. She looked around in the darkness of the hut, alarmed, thinking they might be under attack, but there were no sounds of battle. What she did hear was Nixie writhing on her cot, as if struggling to breathe. Vhisola kicked off her bedding, scrambling to uncover the lightstone between them to see what was going on. Just as her fingers found the canister, Nixie spasmed and lashed out. Something hit Vhisola’s hand hard and the canister went clattering off into the darkness. Nixie yelped. “Oh no!” Vhisola muttered, trying to keep the rising panic in check. “Try to lie still, I’ll get it!” Vhisola dove after the canister, crawled on all fours to try and find it, she blindly patted the floor in front of her, knocking over eating utensils and mugs, until they finally brushed against the canister once more. With shaking fingers she opened the lid. A soft, warm glow sprang forth. Despite it’s dimness, the sudden change from utter dark to light was momentarily blinding. Blinking, she turned around - and froze. 

What she thought had been Nixie was still writhing on her cot, convulsing...but this creature could not be her friend. It was almost twice as long as Nixie had been tall - claws scraped at the hut’s floor and it’s elongated tail whipped around - probably what had hit the canister from her hand, a part of her mind noted. But then one of the eyes frantically rolling around in their sockets locked on to her - and Vhisola knew that this WAS Nixie. She recognized her eye and she saw the pain and confusion and fear behind it.

Oh god…

She felt her stomach drop. For a heartlight flash, she was tempted to just freeze up. But then another instinct took over and she moved, desperately kicking her legs until they found purchase and she managed to get to her feet. She didn’t know the layout of the hut, so she went straight for the hole in the wall and ceiling, where a patch of starry sky provided a point of reference. She tried to vault over the gap in the wall but misjudged. Her foot caught on the edge and she tumbled outside. She tasted sand but ignored it, struggling to her feet again and running to...whoever first crossed her path. 

“Help...get help.” she rasped, in-between gasps for air.

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Marrow - Dead Forest

"There isn't a place on this island that can truly be considered safe," Marrow chuckled, grating his crooked teeth. "My intention is to return to my people below ground. The caverns are safe from what's on the surface, but it sounds like you're already aware of the dangers that wait below."

@Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Providence - Dead Forest

Prov moved a hand to his chin in an over-exaggerated display of thoughtfulness, hmm-ing loudly as he did so.

"Would you mind if we accompanied you?" He finally asked, seemingly oblivious to the horror the question would no doubt cause his two companions. He was curious about the underworld, and about Spiriah. Moreover, he figured that there was safety in numbers, especially when one of their number was a member of the Mesi that represented the most ubiquitous threat in the deeps.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Vezok's Friend @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku (Crew Quarters)

She woke up. 

The lights were off in the quarters and whether it was morning or night she didn't know, but Nale's optics flickered open and she reached around, not sure where she was, only to end up rolling off her cot into the floor. Metal. Hard. Yes, this was the ship. Her ship, for now, considering the absence of Knichou. Getting to her feet the Fa-Toa made her way to the bridge, finding Berys at his usual position and Triage now leaning against the bulwark, asleep. Through the cockpit window she could see...another airship. That wasn't there last night.

A nudge with her boot startled the medic into awakening. "Wh...oh, Nale."

"What's been happening? When did I fall asleep?"

Triage drummed his fingers absentmindedly against his stomach, and for a brief moment seemed to panic when he didn't feel the fabric of his satchel, before realizing it had simply slipped off his lap onto the floor beside him. Now relaxed again, he blinked his optics a couple times before looking back up at Nale. "Oh, uh, after all the...the attack last night," he answered, last night's sleep still lingering. "After it ended. You've overworked yourself, maybe you should go back and..."

"No," she interrupted. "I don't think I will."

The Toa of Magnetism then turned on her heel and left the airship. Mazor. Gnabol. The plan. She wouldn't rush it and meet up with them again just yet, instead choosing to investigate this new arrival--a Toa of Fire, apparently, real tough guy looking--who was now conversing with their League...not-prisoners-of-war. She overheard some of the conversation as she approached, not all, but a sentence stuck out. Had she misheard?

"I'm sorry, Pridak is what? What's going on here?"

OOC: Hi, someone who isn't League, here to make sure Oreius doesn't...be Oreius.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

The state of the Rig made the Vo-Skakdi rub his optics in disbelief as he joined Zataka and Yumi. Oh no, this wasn't another one of those bad dreams about the place coming down, he was normally on it during those. "Oh, bloody...bloody, bloody, bloody..."

Korio lowered his head. To think how much he disliked the place, only to find himself missing it now that was it detritus. Was that funny? No, not really. "...well, blimey. Scrap to go around for days, now, though. Bright side."

@Vezok's Friend
@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360

IC: Rose - Coliseum

She silently mouthed the robot's words in a mocking manner as she opened the box and used its contents. Rose at least could have used a bandage too, but oh well.

@Vezok's Friend@Snelly@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Viltia pondered Sidra’s words. She didn’t feel like she was getting lost at all. It was just that helping out Nektann was the most important thing she could be doing right now. Why couldn’t Sidra feel that?

But…

Sidra had always been right, well, at least as many times as she could remember right now, which wasn’t much. But she trusted Sidra. So maybe… her friend was right?

It didn’t make sense, but her friend hadn’t steered her wrong yet.

Viltia searched through Boss’ memories of Zakaz. “Well… only if you think so. Hey, could I at least go regrow the foothills of Irnakk’s Tooth? Out of everywhere on the island, that’s the best place to sustain plants if I grow them there. And right now they are pretty bare.

IC: Le-Metru Nuva NPCs - Various Species - Refugees

With - Morangad

Morangad felt two minds just outside the clearing. One was scared and the other strangely at peace. They both were in immense pain.

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - Dead Forest

With - Marrow, Providence, Zak-Yak, Takadox

Hahvok really didn’t like the way the tall blue being spoke to him. It was like he was inferior to everyone else. He was fairly sure he wasn’t. Zal scrambled down off of himself, once more hiding behind his main body. The blue one’s thoughts, the ones that he could actually read, were full of disdain for either him or his kind.

Hahvok delicately navigated the social interaction, taking care to mask his true intentions while also including a witty retort that would insure to the others that he had this situation under control, and that his intellect was on par with everyone else’s and far above the blue one’s.

I don’t like you, Tall Blue.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

Sidra groaned, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples. She felt like her brain was on the verge of breaking. She'd just fought all the dead of Metru Nui, and now she was having a conversation with a Coliseum-sized creature suffering from short-term memory issues. 

"Okay, sure, whatever," she finally muttered, "We'll go and do that, but then you split from this thing and come back here with me. Sound good?"

At least this way the monster would be far from the village if something went wrong. 

• Like 1

OOC: Short posts tonight, Aurax will come later

IC, Atamai: Po-Koro

"I can teleport groups of people back to the Ruins, Kanohi. Do you need to give the villagers some time to prepare?" he asked.

OOC: @Harvali

IC, Whira: Mine

"I do not need anything; you may lead the way," Whira said.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Sounds great!

The canopy parted itself to allow Viltia to pull her massive hand level with the broken off bridge so Sidra could hop on. She noticed the cute little Rahi was still here and thought of something else, “Hey, Apex, you said you were Nature, right? Could you keep the village safe while we’re gone?

• Like 1

IC Stannis, Barius, Parnassus, Korruhn, Drukarus (thanks y'all!) | Fort Nektann

That’s unfortunate, but expected,” Stannis replied somberly. He looked around and turned in place, seemingly somewhat dazed by the experience. The Wanderer wasn’t as dazed as he looked, however—instead he was remembering it as it once was.

The stones were much higher back then. It was a high canyon, laden with vegetation and life along the tippy tops. Trees jutted out like parapets, and water flowed from the rocks themselves in a lifegiving gush. The fortress itself was wholly natural, all red rock lashed together by brown roots, and the caw of birds echoed throughout the area. Warriors under his old friend Brykon’s tutelage clanged steel on steel over yonder, where the garage was presently, and an arena was off to the other side. Things were smaller back then, but Stannis couldn’t be certain if that was because everything else was comparatively taller. Time had no meaning on Xa, but, he reckoned, time still had its effects. “Things certainly have changed…

Parnassus looked over at the one called Korruhn, this acclaimed Aspect of whom they had never heard. An ostentatious figure, to say the least — all spikes and talons and whatnot. They tried to reach further into Korruhn’s shadow-self, their heart of mist and darkness that had first risen from the pits of Kumu. But the shadows that surrounded him … they were too strange to pierce. Shallow as shade at high noon, and as deep as the blackness between stars. 

Korruhn,” Parnassus said, granting their fellow Aspect a sidelong glance. “I don’t know your name. When did you first leave the Islets?

The being of red and gold, gleaming and worn all at once, turned to Korruhn, addressing him directly. Asking of his origins. The Islets. The origin of the Aspects? Ha. The Aspects of Kumu, Stannis excluded, knew nothing of the true darkness, the jet-black flames of wrath that reached into his heart from the Far Shore.

Ha, the old darkness?” Korruhn scoffed at the Aspect. “You call yourself an Aspect, and you know nothing of the true wellspring, the source of truest darkness? I have traveled a lot further than you to get here, comrade.

Parnassus glowered. Korruhn’s words were intriguing, perplexing, disorienting — if they were true. But Parnassus had also grown up in the laboratories and lorerooms of the Islets, and knew that Aspects concealed much, and concealed it often. Their family was, like most families seemed, forever eager to avoid saying anything the straight-forward way.

And when they did, like Korruhn, they tended to do so in the most stuck-up way possible.

The true wellspring?” Parnassus repeated. “A darkness blacker than that of the Islets? I’ve heard of antique lands and strange phenomena. I, myself, am named for a mountain which only some believe to exist, upon which an oracle of untold sight resides. But I have never heard of a shadow deeper than the heart of Kumu.

The heart of Kumu is a drop in the Silver Sea, pale in comparison,” Korruhn replied. The bait seemed to work, at least for now. Parnassus was busy enough in their own self-doubt to pay too much mind to Korruhn’s origin. The unknown is too great a temptation to pull the brain from. “But perhaps, in time, all of our kind will come to know the power of the wellspring.

Parnassus’ glower deepened, the shadows that curled around them now frothing like waves on a moonless night in their simmering frustration. For so long they had told their kin that the secrets to unlocking the Seventh Seal would be found outside the walls of Kumu, that it would be necessary to go and explore the larger world — not to simply rebuild the scrap of ancient years. And now, to be told that such a discovery had been made, and had been made by someone else

How wonderful,” Parnassus seethed, turning their head away from Korruhn.

Between the banter between Korruhn and Parnassus, in the midst of his ancient reminiscing, Stannis rolled his eyes at them. If he had discernable pupils in his eyes they would have been seen rocking to the back of his brain, but since he didn’t, there was not even a telltale shift in his silvery irises. Children, he thought.

The wizen warlord Drukarus also shared the Toa priest’s opinion about the interaction between Parnassus and Korruhn, for verbose shows of boast are the same, no matter whether amongst Skakdi or others. Even Toa can grow subject to the need to show off their superiority. But with Parnassus and Korruhn, words can only go so far till example must be made.

Barius glanced around at the curious assemblage of beings. The Toa had stopped, seeming to look around the fortress like a tourist. Stannis’ reminiscence was lost on the Skakdi warlord; at best, he took his pausing for an attempt to get his bearings. At worst, he reckoned the ancient wanderer had lost his marbles. Looking around, he addressed the Toa: “I reckon your package isn’t buried underneath the storage shed. What’s the holdup?

I’m thinking,” Stannis replied, his voice distant and soft. He stood stock-still for a moment suddenly, allowing himself to recollect like an extended slinky, and then suddenly leveled his gaze back at the newly-minted warlord. 

You took this crown recently, didn’t you?

The Skak squinted at him for a moment, before grinning broadly. “You’re not wrong. Though, I’m curious how you discerned as much.

The people here are giving you a wide berth,” Stannis opined. “You’ve committed some action to make them fear you and I don’t believe you merely impressed them with some mere feat of cruelty. You took something, and not just from Nektann Jr. You seized their loyalty, and they’re still not sure how the garments of new fealty feels yet.” The old aspect tilted his head at Barius, gazing at him like some artisan’s bust on a wall, and winked. “An old man knows these things.

The warlord cocked his head as Stannis finished his assessment. “Your intuition is impressive,” he muttered. “I hope it isn’t meant to soften me up for the reveal that you’re here to sell me a bridge, because I’m immune to flattery.

Oh, no. The only bridge I would sell you is a bridge between the past and present,” Stannis said cryptically. 

He waited a beat. None laughed. 

But no. I am only here to collect what is mine. You, or your wants and needs, are not what I seek to gain from. The groundwork of this was in the making long before you—as I alluded—and will likely continue well after you are just a leaf in the wind.

Barius only sneered in response. Toa and their mystical mutterings, he thought to himself.

In turning from Korruhn, Parnassus turned to face Stannis. This man, this demigod of rock and stone, seemed the antithesis of Barius — where the warskak was blunt, straight-forward, with a mind like the edge of a blade, Stannis’ speech meandered, wandered … but always seemed headed towards a destination which not even Parnassus could discern. And, even more than that, there was something about this man … the way that the shadows seemed to cling to him as he passed by torches and lightstones. When Parnassus reached out, they could almost sense a coiled darkness deep within him — but that would be impossible.

Wouldn’t it?

You are an interesting individual, Stannis,” Parnassus said. “I know that the Toa are said to be great heroes. Beings of legend, of … myth. Where were you headed before your unfortunately abrupt arrival here?

The old Aspect turned to Parnassus as the young Aspect queried. “Yes… I suppose those are truisms,” he said. He looked the being over, head to toe, in the closest scrutiny he’d given Parnassus yet and began to formulate his opinions on him as well. He looked young from the way he held his nose high and neck straight, giving an air of confidence and pride, traits the young had to compensate for their youthfulness. There was an eagerness in Parnassus’ eyes, a gleam of enthusiasm begotten from the optimism of naivete. On Xa particularly Aspects wielded power, and Parn captured that sense of superiority well enough to add umph to his steps and a quareness to his shoulders. Very young. Very strong. And very, very foolish, Stannis considered. 

What’s more, Stannis looked at the ground for an instant, trying to discern direction from it. What was normally a directional arrow guiding his progress was little more than a web. All the lines of fate seemed to intersect at two crucial points: Stannis… and Barius. The Wanderer’s own destiny, whatever it was, was tied with the newly minted warlord’s, at least in the immediate sense. He looked knowingly at Barius quickly, then back to Parnassus.

Foolishness, he reminded himself, was a trait he too, once. No many times. Time and time again he’d thought himself above a station, a person, a task. Growing old was mandatory, yet growing up was optional. Wisdom was what differed, which Stannis held in droves, wisdom to learn from mistakes and the strength to recover from them. “Believe it or not, I was always headed here. Faith has brought me here.” 

Faith.

I … understand that,” Parnassus said. They nodded despite themself, nodded without knowing why. It was as though Stannis was a black hole towards which they were being inexorably drawn. “I, too, came here without knowing how. Or perhaps always knowing how. The path of wanderers is, after all, next to the path of gods.

There are some who called me ‘Prophet,’” Stannis said before turning his attention back to Barius.

Tell me...” he said, looking like he struggled to pull the words from his throat, “where… do you intend to sleep?

Barius couldn’t help but laugh at the suddenness and bizarreness of the question. “Same place my predecessor slept, albeit perhaps with some redecorating--” he began to sneer at the thought of trashing Nektann’s stuff, before he was interrupted.

And his predecessor before that?” Stannis interjected.

Indeed. The royal suite, as it were.

The master bedroom,” Stannis said in old fashioned awe. Nobody picked up on the racist subtext in the term, however. “Then the longstanding tradition is indeed set.” He alluded to the relatively unknown rule of tradition, where if something happens once it is a random chance; if it happened twice it was a tradition; however if something happened twice and beyond, it was a longstanding tradition. “Take me there.

So soon?” He joked, before raising an eyebrow as the Toa’s seriousness became apparent. “As you wish. I certainly hope this is all going somewhere. For your sake. Complying — for now — with Stannis’ request, he led the group towards the ‘master bedroom’. Truthfully, he had never seen the chamber before, though he knew where it was. Boss had never allowed anyone in his room - which was fair, as Barius intended to do the same. Barring this one exception, apparently.

The inconsequential chatter of the group continued, blending in with the sounds of the fortress as he led the way through the halls, into the mountain proper. It wasn’t a long walk, but it was long enough for Barius to wonder at the Toa’s audacity. This Stannis was lucky, he thought, that his host was so accommodating.

They reached the door; the door which had been, in part, the subject of Barius’ desires for much of his life. It felt quite silly that he was forced to experience this moment of triumph in the presence of others. Nonetheless, he dug into his pockets for the possessions of the late Nektann. Judging by the size and shape of the keyhole, the ‘key’ was the same item that had once activated the E. Street Wagon. He pulled out Boss’ old combat knife and stuck it into the doorknob.

I’ll have the three of you wait outside, now,” Barius said, indicating Korruhn, Parnassus, and Drukarus. It was not a suggestion. He turned the knob and slipped into the room, expectant that only Stannis would follow.

Oh, so you’re including me. Thank you,” he said as he followed bumblingly. His spear-staff clicked on the sandstone floor of the citadel’s apartment section. Stannis followed Barius into the innermost, private most sanctum.

Korruhn heeded the direction without indicating so, turning aways halfway through Barius’ statement. He made no mind of Drukarus, who seemed to do the same in his regard, but Korruhn did shoot a little chin-tilt Parnassus’ way, along with a smirk. Something to shake him up a bit more. He began to pace in the immediate vicinity, ensuring not to step out of sight, lest he stir up Barius’ band of rabid dogs.

Drukarus allowed a flash of distaste to appear on his face, directed towards the two shadow beings, before simply positioning himself outside of the door to Barius’s new chambers, his hand and claw upon his maul, like some sort of sentry waiting for his master’s little affair to be over with.

On the other side of the door awaited a chamber which was practically resplendent, in comparison to the rest of the facility. It was clean and orderly, albeit somewhat spartan. Immediately before the door was a rug made from the hide of some furred creature; the only purely decorative item in the room, and indeed, in Fort Nektann as a whole. Opposite this rug was the bed, which had an actual mattress, as well as blankets made from rahi hides. Tucked into the corner was a rusty, floor-length mirror. Nearby, against the wall, was a dresser, one of the drawers still ajar, an article of clothing hanging out of it. On top of it was another, cleaner mirror, in front of which was positioned a variety of personal effects having belonged to the room’s previous occupant. Among these was a dull tin cup, with a single green plant growing out of the water contained within it. The other side of the room was fairly empty, aside from a recess which seemed to be a fireplace, likely connected to the same network of vents that brought fresh air to the rest of the subterranean portion of the fortress. The inside of the fireplace was littered with ancient ash, long-cold: Firewood was not forthcoming in the desert.

Ah yes, nothing has changed.” Stannis stood in the middle of the room, admiring the chamber lovingly. He spent a moment too long gazing at the bed, however; it could be imagined that he witnessed ancient trysts and acrobatic acts done there, but that was just silly to consider.

Brykon said he would keep what was mine in a place only he would know where to look. I thought he was being unnecessarily cryptic, but thankfully he built his home in a block of rock. And, well…” Stannis quickly patted himself down. He was a toa of stone. He wanted to make that obvious to Barius.

That’s a secret door,” he said and pointed at a wall with a large mirror on it.

Barius nodded, seemingly not surprised. The room was nice - much nicer than the accommodations the rest of the Warskaks put up with - but altogether rather mundane. Approaching the wall in question, he began to search the vicinity. Under and behind the bed he searched, before pulling the dresser away from the wall and looking behind it as well. His search having proved fruitless, he moved to the corner where the large, rusty mirror was tucked away. Lifting it away from the wall, he set it down beside the dresser, having revealed a rectangular hole in the wall.

He looked down at the knife that was still in his hand. Might as well try it; he slipped it into the hole and jimmied it around until he felt a distinct click! which denoted the activation of a mechanism. Moments later, a soft rumbling could be felt as a previously seamless wall split open, and gave way to a secret passage. “Ah, lovely,” Barius muttered.

Excellent,” Stannis said, recalling his adventures in the Coliseum. “I 'love' secret passageways.” He surged ahead, leaving the lord of the castle in his dust as he hurried forward as fast as his old legs carried him. His great grey cloak billowed after him like a trail of smoke as he fled into the darkness. His feet went plat! plat! plat!, evoking the image of a very eager swan chasing its quarry.

Quick, for an old hermit,” Barius muttered beneath his breath. Following behind the overeager Toa, the pair soon found themselves in a chamber beyond anything they could have conceived of. The room beyond the secret passageway was filled with green things, lined with rows of various types of plant life. A single, bronze spigot, presumably connected directly to the oasis outside the mountain, provided a discrete source of water for the garden. Barius allowed his jaw to hang open, speechless as he looked around at the showcase of his predecessor’s secret passion for horticulture.

But his loss for words was only momentary, as he recalled the quest which had brought them here. “Well, Toa, you’ve brought us this far. What now?

Stannis looked around the small enclave with sheer wonder. It was something new, for once! Something new! A section he’d never seen before, never been to before, never anticipated before! And the plants! He looked at each one with adoration, admiring the life that was thriving thence. There were hydrangeas, roses, a set of orchids that looked like dying babies, and even a yucca in the center of the space. The old Aspect was grinning for sheer joy; this was the place started by Brykon, and ever since then maintained by the hands of every castellan of the Lifespring, every being cherishing this private garden as their innermost heart to their operations. He imagined leader after leader using the garden as their thinking space where their demons were conquered. It was a beautiful thing, to him. And to think, Brykon made it for him.

Now, I take what was promised me, and nothing more,” Stannis said. “And… at last. It exists. The miracle cactus.” He approached a small plant, what looked like a miniature succulent of sorts, lo taller than his waist, and somehow conjured a pair of scissors from his cloak which he took to the tops of the plants. They looked like miniature saguaro cacti, all straight lines and elbow joints, prickly as could be and green as the dankest leaves. At their tops were broad flowers, dense roses that almost looked like heads of hair, which Stannis wasted no time in clipping and tossing into a secondary small implement of rock which miraculously materialized in his hand. It was nothing special, just two rocks he employed like a mortar and pestle, and in no time at all he slipped the cut and crushed leaves into his pipe. 

Got a light?” he asked. He’d somehow left his own on a lounge table onboard the Ambling Alp

Barius blinked once, before reaching into his pocket. He didn’t smoke — though he was tempted to try, if the Toa left any of this ‘miracle cactus’ behind — but Boss had. Digging around, he found a lighter without much difficulty. “Here,” he said, holding it out to Stannis, seeming almost awestruck. If the Toa had gone to all this difficulty for a handful of plants, then they must have been some pretty good stuff.

The old man took the light and quickly struck it to flame. He then placed the lip of fire on the bowl of his pipe, letting the lips of fire gently lap on the delicate leaves, and then ceremoniously sucked. 

He handed the pipe to Barius, almost in sheer jubilation. “This,” he explained, “is the ‘miracle cactus.’ It’s documented name is miraculum vivificantem, though none on Metru Nui could raise it. It possesses the ability to cure any wounds, heal any injuries, and remold any dislocations. Take it, imbiiiibe in it, let it course in your veins and lungs as it does in mine. You look like you could use it.

Barius looked skeptically down at the pipe, then back up at the Toa’s face, which was decorated with twin streams of smoke exiting his nostrils. He gingerly accepted the wooden instrument, tiny in his hand, and lifted it up to his face. The smell emanating from the bowl was at once sweet and acrid, and slightly heady even without his taking a drag directly. He placed the mouthpiece between his parted lips, pursed them around it, and inhaled; cautiously at first, and then more deeply as the invigorating smoke filled his lungs.

And the the whole universe opened up to the two beings... 

OOC | Stay tuned for more, lmao. Miracle Cactus effects run by and approved by the SK GMs.

Full description will be posted to the general discussion soon. For reference, both Stannis and Barius rolled a 5. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Sounds great!

The canopy parted itself to allow Viltia to pull her massive hand level with the broken off bridge so Sidra could hop on. 

This is stupid, this is stupid, this is stupid... Sidra reluctantly stepped out onto the colossal hand, sprinting hastily across a fingers to stand in palm. The coarse reptilian hide felt strange underfoot, still slippery from the rain. She could feel the hand gradually vibrate ever so slightly beneath her, the powerful pulse of its gigantic heart pumping lifeblood through its veins. 

Soft crunches accompanied her steps as she trod over the splinters of wood and clusters of leaves were caught in the cracks between the overlapping, armour-like scales, miniscule pieces of the forest the titan had traipsed through on its path to the village still clinging to its hide. 

As she looked up from the hand, into the fiery eyes of Viltia/Nektann's humongous face blocking out the sky above her, Sidra suspected she now understood exactly why she and Viltia had found pieces of giant robots buried in the swamp. 

@Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

2 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis, Barius, Parnassus, Korruhn, Drukarus (thanks y'all!) | Fort Nektann

IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann.

Corrivalis was also there somewhere. Probably. 

• Like 3

As soon as Sidra stepped on her hand, Viltia immediately forgot about Apex. She pulled back, the canopy closing after her hand left. The portion formerly destroyed regrew itself. A flash of lightning lit the sky and out of the corner of her optic, Viltia noticed Evolis Kerhs’ head poking from the canopy in the distance, watching her. She felt a chill run through her, even as a 300 foot tall monster. How long had he been there?

She turned, ready to go on her journey, forgetting the Giant Centipede. Trees used their roots to scurry out of her way, before replanting themselves where they had been before. The level of Nektann’s power filled her with glee. With a few short steps, she was out of the swamp and in the marsh. Now, with each step, new plants grew all across the landscape where most appropriate. Cattails, sedges, papyrus and sawgrass filled out the horizon, bringing abundance where there was only scarcity before. It felt good to fill the world with life.

It only took her an hour to cross what normally would have taken her two days. As she stepped from the swamps, she grew a forest in the foothills, filling them with large pines and strong ash. The trees petered out as the land grew more rocky, and here she added shrubbery and small desert flowers that were able to live on the side of a cliff face. A place dark and barren was to her right and she moved in that direction. It wasn’t ready for new life just yet, but Nektann could begin watering it. The soil looked rich in minerals, being soot and ash. Below that layer undoubtedly lay fertile ground.

Though she held up her hand for Sidra to ride upon, she had forgotten about her friend.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1

IC: Sidra - Godzilla Road Trip

She clung tightly to the hand as she was carried across the swamp, still somewhat reeling from everything that was happening. The morning had begun with her and Viltia staring at a giant sword buried in the marsh, both thinking it was the strangest thing they were going to see that day. Since then, the whole afternoon had felt like a nightmare, and somewhere into the evening it had transitioned into being a fever dream instead. 

Sidra lost track of time as she watched the darkened swamp below blossom with life, trees shuffling out of the creature's path, monstrous footprints filling themselves in as swiftly as they were made. Viltia's own powers seemed to be amplified through her connection with Nektann, effortlessly shifting and reshaping the plantlife nearby to accomodate for the passage of their merged form. The height didn't bother her, Sidra had been in towers and airships before, but this was different. She'd never been this high, for this long, and been able to see so much. Swamp turned to forest, and forest became foothills, which in turn became even more forest as Viltia worked her magic.

A part of her almost wanted to leave Viltia to it. The young Toa cherished life in all its forms, and there was no telling what kind of good she could accomplish while bonded with the beast. But at the same time, Viltia had sounded so lost, dreamy and forgetful. Sidra was pretty sure Viltia had even forgotten she was still carrying her. She couldn't just leave her in here, especially if she'd been hurt in some way through being caught up in the silver tethers of the undead. 

Sidra snapped herself out of her thoughts as she realised Nektann was moving on again, circling away from the foothills towards the open, ashen wasteland. 

"Hey! Stop!" She stomped her foot against the scales beneath her, letting go with one of her hands to wave, trying to get Viltia's attention. "Viltia? Can you hear me? You said we were going to stop at the foothills, remember?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC:Uraborask & Skrillix & Apex (Le-Metru Nuva)

Apex might be right. There’s a reason Nektann accepted me in the first place. He couldn’t control himself on his own. He was just so… alone.

As Apex offered her advice on the matter, she felt satisfied at someone who finally sought to heed her words...Only for that to be interrupted by the actions and words of Sidra.

"I... Nope. I can't even..." 

Apex felt offended by Sidra's gesture, as if she was some gnat that could be battered away, she was Apex and she was to be treated as such. But the conversation continued without her, and the current situation didn't make retaliation a suitable act. So Apex simply sat till the words of Viltia came out once more from the monstrous form she possessed.

Hey, Apex, you said you were Nature, right? Could you keep the village safe while we’re gone?

"What!? ME? Defend a place whose nature inherently defies nature? I was no stranger to civilization but me protecting it was an absurd idea..." But considering everything, it may not be the most absurd of things.

Apex was seconds from responding before the beast that was Viltia rose back up through the canopy, turning away from her and making their path out towards the east of the island. Apex thought to roar out her commands but thought it fruitless, as the wind and rain would quickly drown her out. Looking back towards the structure surrounding her, she had to admit, like so many Rahi, these people had adapted rather than fought against the nature of the world...Perhaps if they continued such a path, a healthy balance could be achieved. Like with the Matoran of old. That would be nice.

Apex shook her head at such thoughts, the old ways will only return once her grand wish was achieved and the Skakdi menace was purged. But in the meantime, she supposed she would be willing to defend this meager village, if anything she could be granted those loyal to her cause if she could prove to them that she was the alpha of this land. Leaping down from the platform she was upon, Apex landed down upon the forest floor, scouring a great perimeter around it to mark off her new current territory.

~~~

Rising up through the elevator and looking about the village, Uraborask saw beings of many different races, some he recognized and hunted before, including Zyglak, Steltian, and Vortixx. Other's he didn't, like that of the Mimic. But the most abundant were the Matoran, who could be noted in lacking in the Toa department. But who surrounded him were minor affairs, affairs that he did not care for.

Finding an isolated and seemingly empty hut, Uraborask made his way inside, wrapping one of his spare guilly suits around himself to give him warmth, he gently placed Skrillix between his lap as he leaned against the wall cross-legged, the little Hapaka was asleep and was bundled up warm, but Uraborask will find someone to check on her health the next morning to be sure she didn't catch a cold...Or worse.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad

IC: Zak-Yak (The Dead Forest)

Throughout the conversation, Zak-Yak only vaguely followed along, though he recognized the significance of what was said. The terror-instilling rise of a Tahtorak, the idea to delve into the Mesi infested depths of the Under Hive, and most important of all, and one that Zak-Yak felt like adding too, finally settling his position out of behind Providence's legs...

I don’t like you, Tall Blue.

"I also don't like the Blue One."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Kal the Guardian @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

With - Nektann, Sidra

Something took her from her thoughts. She gostled her head, the motion taking far longer than she thought it would. She looked at her hand, which she realized she was holding weird. There was something on it!

She held it up to get a closer look. “Sidra! When did you get here? Wait… awww… Does this mean it’s time to part alreadyyyyy?” The voice, full of the ancient anger of a cold and crushing sea, also sounded like a spoiled Matoran who didn’t want to leave a party.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Sidra - Nektann's Hand

"When did I- Karz, Viltia, I've been here since we left the village!" She called out, "You're getting lost in there. It's time to come out."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Nektann, Sidra

Viltia tried to frown, but her Tahtorak body couldn’t really pull off the movement. She set down Sidra on the ground. “Okay, Nektann. I need to go protect my friends.”

Viltia emerged from her pocket dimension, stepping out of Nektann’s Skakdi body. She turned, hugging the Skakdi tight. As she did, grape vines grew from the scars in his armor. Around her in the star field, she finished the seaside garden, wrapping it around them. Viltia stepped back, holding Nektann’s right hand. A rose grew there, its stem thornless.

She wrapped his hand around it. “Thank you for this, Nektann. I hope one day we can merge again. Now go, grip your flower tight. Your true flower. Miserix. She won’t ever wilt or fade. Water this land and then go find her. She is your precious flower. Find her and don’t let go. Experience joy together with her.

Viltia stepped away from him, her seaweed tethers flowing once more in an unseen ocean current. “Now, please. I ask you to help me leave this place.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Cravious’ Protodermis Mine, North northeast Mountains (7, 7)

With - Whira

Cravious nodded, mind already on the task ahead. They walked in silence down the passageway, their footsteps the only thing keeping them company. At the end, Cravious opened the secret door and turned out the lights. Where the raw ore had been, piles of food and other supplies sat, waiting for pickup.

This time, they took the elevator up. Cravious was looking over the crude schematics, trying to figure out preemptively the best way to start narrowing down the many, many, many variables he was about to have to deal with.

The Nui-Jaga was feasting on some undiscernible body as they re-entered the Cube. It had taken up residence in one of the spots that he tried to keep open for working on war rigs. It was annoying, but ultimately a small sacrifice in the larger scheme of things.

Sagacious was waiting for them at the top of the garage ramp, arms crossed. Cravious handed her the legal papers and list of demands, keeping the schematics for himself. She shook her head and closed her optics, sighing. Then she marched off, no doubt to finalize things and start planning how to requisition all the items on the list.

The pallets of ore sat in the middle of the garage/workshop area, taking up a lot of room, while still being mostly out of the way, since they only had one rig currently being worked on. Cravious studied them, mumbling about their slightly different hues.

He turned to Whira, “Okay, is there anything else I need to know about this mask of Shadows? Do we need any special ingredients? Any special shape it needs to be, or even a special forging method?

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Gave wrong location for Viltia.
  • Like 1

"Dead," Oreius said to the newcomer, whom he was pleased to see was a Toa. "Murdered by one of his own, who has now declared peace."

He shook his head. "Where is Turaga Sans? I would like to deliver this news as soon as possible."

• Like 1

"Also dead," she smiled for the first time in hours. "Suicide."

• Like 4

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Darkness. Struggling to breathe. She'd almost given up hope when finally she felt the earth shift from above her and lift her up into the light, an immense hand grabbing her and placing her upon wide shoulders, the one-eyed mask of Arkius glancing sidelong at her to ensure the matoran's safety before moving on. After clearing the settlement of the flooding water, he'd gotten to work unearthing those who'd gotten caught in the mudslide, making sure to reserve the elemental energy he had left as much as possible after the larger displays of power he'd performed earlier. Walking back to the gathered toa after bringing the rescued matoran to safety, he gave everyone present a nod of familiarity before listening in on the conversation.

"If these Ruins of Stone and the surrounding terrain can provide better shelter for the villagers, then I agree that we relocate everyone from here to there immediately. Po-Koro as it exists here is no longer viable in any shape or form. How far are these ruins by foot?"

@~Xemnas~@The UltimoScorp@pokemonlover360@Toru Nui@Snelly@Tarn@Harvali

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

After ambling about in a daze, Okuo had finally reached his house. Cracks cast doubt on its structural integrity, but that would have to be a worry for later. Right now he needed to sit down and catch his breath for a moment. So Okuo opened up the door and walked in, placing down his rucksack, and the immense shield he'd been carrying on his back for a few days now. He sat down, grabbing the Great Rau sitting on his shelf and turning it in his hands as he reclined in his chair. Everything was a bit dusty, probably from the stone of the building being shaken during the attack... or was it attacks, plural? He couldn't be sure, and it seemed like everyone was more focused right now on rebuilding and recovering than giving answers.

Removing the Mask of Adaptation from his face he carefully reached around on its inside before pulling away a transparent shell, one that shrunk down slightly to the size of his unmasked head. He went on to place it within his Great Rau, the shell expanding to fill out the mask's back again, before he then placed the mask on his face, sighing with relief as the power flowed through him again unhindered. It had been a long few days, and it was good to have his familiar mask on again. Setting aside his secondary mask and briefly mulling over the troublesome limitation of only being able to wear one mask at a time, Okuo then stood up to stretch his legs a bit, no longer weighed down by salvaged scraps and his shield.

Okuo knew sleep would be the best thing for him right now, but after everything he'd been through, the adrenaline still pumping through his body and keeping him on edge, he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. The next best thing, he decided, would be a stroll through the village for some... moderately fresh air in the smouldering aftermath of a bombing raid. Yes, that sounded like just the ticket. Perhaps he could even get some medical attention along the way for all the bruises and stabs he'd suffered.

Stepping outside his house again, Okuo went on his way, slowly walking and taking in the strange hazy air that hung over the village. He'd certainly not been the only one who'd gone through a tough time today, and he wondered if everyone else was having trouble sleeping too. He was brought out of his musings as he spotted Vhisola running desperately. "Oh... hey! You're back!" Okuo sprinted over, though he winced at it as his bruises and wounds complained with an ample radiance of pain shooting through his body, before coming to a stop next to her. "Is... something wrong?"

@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, Telepathic Link)

Absurd. I am relatively certain that my home is not made of calcium. But the fact that this Kanohi has knowledge of the Kumu Islets when logic dictates he should not suggests that he sees with more than his eyes, if that makes any sense.

If Po-Koro is being relocated, I will need to know more details. Where are these ruins in relation to your current position?

@Harvali

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro)

Though he took great pains to conceal it, Ostrox’s mind was racing. Pridak was dead. Assassinated and usurped by Aurax, no doubt in some treacherous manner. No mention of Ehlek though, which was interesting. Did the fool not think him important? Regardless, if the League was now under control of the Toa, then that meant everything - quite literally everything - was in jeopardy. As long as the Matoran were still free to practice their foul religion, no one on the island was safe, no one in the universe. And he could do nothing to stop them.

How dare this self-righteous worm stand proud in front of him? If not for a magic rock arbitrarily handed into his stubby little digits, granting him power he didn’t earn, he would be cowering in the filth and the dirt with the rest of his kind where he belonged. How dare he call the parasitic creatures who built their empire on the blood of his ancestors 'innocent'? How dare he still live, when better men died ignoble deaths trying to rid their land of the tyranny he enforced? How dare he… how dare Ostrox still live, now that his failure was complete.

Everyone and everything he had ever cared about was now gone. Taken away by the greed of the Matoran, the wrath of the Toa, and the cruelty of the Turaga. His home was now far beyond his reach, countless innocents - real innocents, not these vermin - perhaps dead, thanks to the Great Lie and the rotting corpse that released him. He should have stopped him. He should seen the weakness in his eyes. He should have taken the ‘un’ out of undead all the way back on that beach. He should have sliced open Irna’s throat, and bashed in Mazor’s skull against the crag rocks!

But he didn’t. Every moral compromise, every stain of dishonour, every act of cruelty he had performed, all of it for nothing. Nothing but barely slowing the machinations of powers larger than him. Was there a glimmer of truth in the books of lies published by these gremlins? Was changing his Destiny really impossible?

"So, this is how the universe ends. Not with a bang, but with a 'huzzah'."

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Tarn

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"Right then. Off we pop." Enra left the Ruins of Fire for the rotting skull of a dark god, with Xane accompanying.

As they began their journey, Enra thought of something. "You know, now that I think about it, it's a bit odd how there's apparently two different types of Skakdi, one here in this wasteland of our own making, the other inside the blood and guts of a giant, one with frills and one with spikes. I mean, yours and mine could share an ancestor species, but how'd we end up out here and you end up in there?"

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"I wondered the same thing," Xane replied, "I was hoping those ruins might hold an answer, not more questions." 

@Toru Nui

• Like 1