Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Le-Metru Nuva NPCs - Various Species - Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Morangad, Apex

The Vortixx and Zyglak looked at each other in surprise as the mental message found both their minds. The Zyglak shrugged. The female Vortixx shook her head at the Zyglak’s response and  picked up the Matoran as they began to make their way through the waters.

With her Ruru, the Voritxx saw their destination first. There was a Toa-like being and also that sentient Rahi Viltia had asked to help out the village. In its maw was the fallen Matoran. At first she thought to rescue the Matoran from Apex, but the Matoran seemed to be being carried with care.

When the Zyglak finally saw her, he jumped in surprise and cursed all Toa out of habit. He shakily stepped forward when no attack came. Did this night have no end of weirdness?

The healing Matoran gripped the Voritxx tightly, but did their job, striking the fallen Matoran with their Rhotuka of healing. The fallen Matoran shifted as the energy spread through their body, but that only caused them more pain in the moment.

The wounds would be fatal if left untreated, but with my Rhotuka, they should be healed by tomorrow night.” The Matoran announced, now standing up to their waist in the rain water.

The Vortixx moved to gently lift the fallen Matoran from the Rahi-Nui’s mouth as the Zyglak and Morangad held the stretcher.

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Apex (Le-Metru Nuva)

Returning to the forest floor, Apex looked over as she heard the sloshing of water and witnessed three individuals; two she vaguely recognized, those being the Vortixx and Zyglak, the third she didn't, a Matoran. As they approached, the individuals seemed momentarily hesitant, if not briefly aggressive, which worried Apex, as this was not her desired outcome. But thankfully, both the Vortixx and Zyglak calmed themselves, while the Matoran still seemed fearful, but not completely reluctant, as they all approached, with the Matoran some odd device.

Lowering her head and opening her maw, Apex was surprised when the Matoran raised the device and fired off a Rhotuka at the injured Matoran. Apex momentarily thought they were putting their companion down, but when the injured one seemed to notably recover, Apex realized that the Matoran used a Rhotuka of healing, or something of a similar nature. After which, she allowed the injured Matoran to be taken out and placed upon the stretcher formed by Morangad.

Sitting back up to her full height, her gaze level with that of the Vortixx, Apex looked towards and between the gathered figures. At the moment, Apex was unsure what to say, or even if she should even say anything. Back in her age, the native Matoran of the island kept to themselves as Apex did the same, yet Apex kept well to maintain the balance. Yet, there were times when the Matorans of old proved themselves as friends of nature and warranted reprisal in kind, and so Apex would leave gifts in turn to them, though she never stayed to see their reactions. So now, at the current moment, Apex was unsure, and although she wanted to proclaim her help and the offers that should be made to her for her protection, a part of her told her that now was not the time for it.

And so, Apex sat their in silence, till the silence of it grew to much for Apex to bear, and so she stepped back, before dashing back off in the swamplands around them, continuing on her trek around the perimeter of the territory, marking her domain as she did.

OOC: @Burnmad @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Le-Metru Nuva NPCs - Various Species - Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Morangad

The trio watched Apex dash off, her form quickly lost to the night, sending shivers through them. Any other Rahi might be able to just as quickly come upon them. The Fau Swamp was deadly dangerous, and with all the guards recovering, tonight wasn’t even a night for rescues, let alone gathering the Kanoka they had thrown. That would have to come in the morning light, or maybe even when the flood waters had drained fully.

The Vortixx took the stretcher from Morangad while the Zyglak thanked him for finding the fallen Matoran. The healer Matoran took an idle step backwards, where she stepped weirdly on something and fell into the water, splashing furiously despite being able to quickly stand once more. She was more on edge than she had first thought. The Matoran leaned down and picked up what she had stepped on. It was a Kanoka, and it didn’t look like the ones Beruv made at all. It was pure silver with faded markings, the etchings to indicate its Metru designation and power type were indiscernible. But the power level could still be figured out. It was level 6. Higher than anything the village could make currently.

She thought about it for a moment, then offered the Kanoka to Morangad as a token of thanks for finding their friend.

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro

Oreius nodded at Nale's suggestion, and the newly arrived quartermaster didn't seem opposed. So they began to make their way to the abandoned hospital, doing their best to leave the curious crowd behind.

OOC: @anyone who wants to come to the hospital and join the "peace talks." 

• Like 2

IC: Morangad - Le-Metru Nuva

Morangad accepted the disk graciously, nodding to the Matoran that had offered it to him in silent appreciation. As the group left him, injured Matoran in tow, he stowed the Kanoka on his back, before turning and trudging through the muck for one final task. The other presence still pulsed weakly in the darkness, its calm acceptance now indistinguishable from barely-conscious delirium.

Reaching the presence, he saw now that he had been correct. This one was another Matoran, impaled upon a branch that the storm - or the Tahtorak that brought it - had thrown to the swamp floor. Their entire torso was pierced through; there was no way even a group of the most talented and well-equipped healers could save this one, and they had come to terms with that fact many minutes ago. Walking up beside them, he grabbed their hand and squeezed tightly, so that their fading consciousness could actually register the sensation.

I'm sorry this happened to you, he communicated wordlessly.

The Matoran's thoughts didn't change much. Their response was nothing more than a weak uh-huh. They couldn't seem to formulate actual words, even in their thoughts. Their breathing was shallow, but fairly steady. Their heartlight beat weakly and with ever-increasing slowness.

Your friends are going to be alright.

There was a delay as the dying being processed the words, and then a spreading sense of relief and comfort. They sighed softly, and Morangad thought they might have breathed their last right then, before they inhaled another small gulp of air. Face expressionless, the Tiokaha stayed there by their side, holding their hand until they passed.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

Quickly ordering her vahki to remain where they were and continue guarding the equipment salvaged from the Razorfish, Zaliyah trailed after Oreius. She would have preferred to let the conversation play out in front of the crowd, to let the people understand the underhanded way their heroes had attained victory, but if secrecy and seclusion was how these Toa wanted to negotiate, then so be it.

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

The infirmary looked about the same as it had when Nale was last inside, half-damaged but usable. The Fa-Toa quickened her pace slightly to get ahead of the group, guiding them through the entrance and checking over her shoulder to see if the crowd had followed, or were trying to get into the building with them.

Nale assumed Mazor and Gnabol had long since departed the infirmary, their little Skaklets in tow. "The building was evacuated during the attack," she said, optics briefly passing over Zaliyah. "Place was empty when I came here earlier with some allies to discuss some other private matters."

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | ????

"Hello, welcome! I've been expecting you."

"You have?"

"Yes, in fact I've been watching your journey for quite some time. I knew you'd come to see me eventually."

"Oh? And how did you know that?"

"Because I'm a therapist—I help all the broken souls and you, 'Stannis,' are more cracked than a shattered vase."

"..."

"..."

"You lie."

"You seem to be having a difficult time coping with that reality. Why do you think that is?"

"You don't know me. You are inconsequential. You are a figment of my vast imagination, a conjuration from my subconsciousness. This drug is causing this—"

"If that were true, wouldn't it also be true that I'd know you at least as well as you know yourself?"

"..."

"..."

"I don't have to participate in this charade."

"You don't have a choice, not really. You're stuck with me here; that's your destiny. And when our session if complete, whether I am successful in helping you sort your emotions or not, you will continue on your path towards whatever endgame awaits you. Why do you think Brykon made this miracle cactus for you? It wasn't to meet me, it was always to meet you.

"..." 

"..."

"..."

"Now, you sit back. Relax. Breathe deeply—or not—and feel yourself sink deeeeper and deeeeeper into the calmness you're experiencing. And then, when you're ready, we'll embrace eternity."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Barius - His Own Head

I float within an endless void, alone. My thoughts are muddled and my memories a hazy fog.

I know that I am Barius. I know that Barius is a Skakdi. I know that Barius is strong. Very strong.

I know many things about Barius, things which come together to form an overall sense of who this person called Barius, who I am, is. But there is also much which I fail to recall. And sitting here, dazed, I feel that there is much which I have never known, which is also a part of Barius. Of me.

As I experience these thoughts, I notice that the void I swim within is no longer empty. I now rest within an oasis of existence, within this stretching expanse of nothing. Not unlike the oasis in which Fort Nektann, and with it, Barius-Who-I-Am, resides.

Most notably, I am lying on a couch. It has been a long time since I have seen a couch that was not ratty. Beneath the couch there is a rug. It is made of woven fibers, rather than rahi hide. Also resting upon the rug is a good chair, which is occupied by a Skakdi woman. She is dressed like a Warskak, but she does not hold herself like one. She looks like my mother. I find this irritating.

She speaks. "It looks like you're undergoing substance-enhanced introspection. Would you like help?" Her voice is calm and warm. She sounds like my mother. I find this irritating.

I would like help. I try to sit up to glance at my surroundings. My abdomen pains me.

"You don't have to worry. It's just us in this space. No one will see you being vulnerable."

I frown, and remain silent. I cease my attempts to sit up.

"Good," the woman says. "Just relax. You don't need to be tough right now."

I am tough, I want to say. Before I can, she is already replying: "Toughness is not an inherent quality of one's physical being, but a social role which is sometimes performed. You have no one here to impress, and therefore you have no need to be tough right now."

I am silent for a time. I allow myself to sink into the couch, muscles relaxing. The void above me is now filled with tiny pinpoints of light, which twinkle in rhythm with the universe.

OOC: Barius' therapy session, part 1.

• Like 2

IC: Korruhn, Fort Nektann

The Toa--no, Aspect had paced to and fro since Stannis and Barius had locked themselves away, pretending to pay no mind to his two companions, who made awkward small talk to pass the time; all the while, he was scheming.

Since the moment he had spoken smoke and mirrors about the Far Shore to the Aspect, Parnassus, he could feel the hooks of his thought digging into the mind of the servant of Makuta. If there was one thing he had learned in his limited studies and experiences with them, they lusted power, and despised when another had access to power they didn't. Korruhn played on that base drive. And now, he too could feel that drive, as he got more comfortable in the deceptive skin he now wore.

Ending his pacing abruptly, Korruhn turned, his eyes meeting with those of Parnassus. He put on a reservedly earnest face, and approached the Aspect.

"Ah, my friend," Korruhn said warmly. Perhaps he was enjoying the role too much. "I know in your heart you desire to see the wellspring for yourself, to drink of it's power. And oh, who am I to deny you of such pursuits!"

He paused dramatically, and smirked at the Aspect. Long enough to let him think, not enough to let him get in a word.

"How would you like to go there?"

OOC: @Conway

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Nektann | Foothills 

Nektann let her hand go, holding the blossoming rose close to his heartlight as his memories slowly faded away behind the raging storm of emotions contained within. Viltia disconnected from their garden, knowing she left Nektann in a better place than he arrived. In a way, she’d grown a spark of hope in him again. Viltia really was a master gardener. 

Nektann stood for three days where they parted. He did not leave, and the rains poured down. They flushed the valleys and hills surrounding with cascading sheets of rain. Thick storm clouds hung overhead. It took three days for Nektann to slowly, painstakingly, remember the rose next to his heartlight. It took three days for Nektann to remember what Miserix was to him.

Then he set off, each grand footfall shaking the hills nearby of their snow. 

He headed North.

OOC: The tahtorak will be taking the eastern route through the Ash Barrens up towards the Northern Wastes over the course of the next few posts. Heads up.

IC: Grime | Fort Nektann

“Clean the kitchen,” Grime repeated. “Isn’t this clean?”

Despite his confusion, he found a skakdi footstool and began to push it from one counter to the next, wiping the congealed meat juices and table scraps off the wooden boards. A few stray wires and rahi pistons clattered to the floor. It was a different way of nourishment than Grime needed, but he wasn’t one to judge. Life and death were a cycle. Death didn’t exist without life, and nothing lived forever. Right?

It took almost half an hour, but the two of them worked quickly and cleaned the kitchen until it was up to Gore’s meticulous culinary standards. Grime fetched wood for the baking oven. He found a wooden chair in the hallway and brought it back for Gore to crush like a twig with his bare hands. Grime thought what it must be like to be the chair crushed between Gore’s thick arms and chest, and what it must feel like to be tossed without compassion or ceremony from that into the darkness of the bread oven and turned into kindling. It seemed kind of nice, the more he thought about it. The chair was useful, even in the end. And nothing lived forever. Right?

“So, what now?” Grime asked Gore. 

Ooc: cleaned and ready for cooking, Chef. @Sparticus147

IC: Miserix | Fort Nektann

Drukarus felt the dark thoughts straying into his head as he stood guard. He knew whatever was entering his mind was not the aspect's before him, but rather the same voice as the night before. The voice in the orb. The voice the matoran Grime described as "Her." 

It whispered to him in a voice only he could here: Don't count on it.

ooc: @Sparticus147

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

“The Far Shore is a place, well not really a place more like a space, where reality verifies itself. It exists between planes and is made of all discarded timelines. In a way, our existence is recycled from verifications made in that realm. Tren Krom exists both beyond all things and in all things. Nothing is their equal, for nothing exists closer or further from us than them. Knowing there's something beyond, don’t you feel trapped? I do. We could learn so much more about real truth, not just the dream playing out on the inside of a Great Spirit’s mind like Metru-Nui was.”

Nuju paused intermittently to give Sorilax time to write his words down. He understood the need for keeping notes. While not a grand orator like the scholars of Ga-Metru, Nuju knew the painstaking frustration of a lecturer speaking faster than he could write all too well. When Sorilax stopped, Nuju clicked a bit of birdsong then continued;

“This portal is created by the Makoki stone you used. I didn’t know of it specifically until I saw the portal open on the other side and I stepped through. I see the wall behind you, and it confirms what I learned to be true before the League arrived in Metru-Nui. There was a hidden sanctum in the outer snowfields of Ko-Metru where I read of Makoki stones. The writing was ancient and alien to me. It took decades of careful study to begin to piece together the hieroglyphs. They spoke of six realities carved from a single true world: the Makoki. Uniting Makoki is how we can pass beyond our current perception and access the beyond where only one resides. Would you want to live in a disparate and shattered world as an echo of truth, or would you rather find your true self and live your true life with true free will?

“As for how I am alive after the League attacked Metru-Nui: I’m not alive. I found a way to access the Far Shore through death, and I only exist in this plane since you’ve reconnected the Makoki stone of the Far Shore with the temple wall over there. If you remove it, I return to the Far Shore. I’m not really here, just visiting.” Nuju gestured vaguely towards the fuzzy flickering around his shoulder. 

“Now, I understand this is big news. You may need to travel to your villages, wherever they are, and share it with others. There’s no need to venture into the Far Shore immediately if you do not wish, but time is fickle, and only Tren Krom is aware of the full story. The sooner the Makoki Stone hidden in the timelines I’ve calculated is found, the sooner we can unite the Makoki and access what truth lies beyond the parting veils.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

IC: Kas | Ruins of Water

“I am not a bad toa,” Kas replied to Ollem. “I’m just misunderstood. I even ran charities in the past, maintained an active social presence, and attempted to properly place power in the hands of the many rather than the elite few. You see my friend, I’m actually a very good toa. I’m up here because he doesn’t understand this. He thinks I’m a bad toa, but I’m not.”

“You were charged and imprisoned for sentences related to anti-trust and bribery concerns. Your records show a history of cases of alleged market cornering. Unpaid labor related to your offshore earnings were critically admonished under the prior administration, and your prior charitable contributions were found in excess of reasonable expenditure for the personal favors obtained.”

Kas smiled at Ollem and Mahrika. “See? Laws. bureaucracy. They just reinforce the power of the ruling class. The Administrator just wants to keep us suppressed under the bootheels of the wealthy.”

“I don’t have a heel,” the Administrator said, “and you were very wealthy.”

“Well I’m not wealthy anymore,” Kas said bitterly. “I’m begging you my friends, please let me down. It’s been 100 years of this nonsense. I can’t take it anymore.”

“He is sentenced to life imprisonment for crimes against the state of Locus Abeo. He is where he belongs.”

OOC: @Burnmad, @Harvali

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Nektann, Sidra

Viltia blinked her optics. Nektann had graciously let her leave, but now the world was dark and hot. There were no stars to reach for, no garden to experience.

Her mind was filled with memories of what had happened over the past couple hours as Nektann’s memory loss faded away. She really had been forgetting things. She hadn’t been able to combat it as much as she thought she had in the moment.

That was a little embarrassing.

And Nektann’s memories themselves, she only remembered her own memory of viewing them now, they were no longer accessible to her like they had been. That was a shame, and she felt her own sense of loss at losing the closeness she had been able to enjoy with him.

Even her tethers had lost their sensitivity. Whereas before, any touch would send shivers through her, now when they touched the ground and ceiling they seemed as sturdy as her own body was, with only some sensitivity on the ends, like her hands had.

They still glowed though, and Viltia could make out that the space she was in was ringed halfway with jagged cracks to the outside, where rain had once more started to downpour. She moved closer to the opening, wondering where she was and why the ground was so squishy. There was a warm breeze that made her think of a tropical ocean.

That was another thing she missed. The connection to water that she had had was so comforting and soothing, even if the elemental energy itself had been constantly trying to break free.

As Viltia drew close to the opening, she realized the jagged gap was caused by teeth. Of course! She was in Nektann’s mouth. He had swallowed her to begin all of this, after all.

Outside was dark, even more so with the rain falling again. The noise it made was almost deafening as it came down in sheets. She needed to get to Sidra and get out of here in case Nektann lost himself again.

With her tethers somehow so natural to her, she didn’t even think twice as she used them to pull herself through the gap in the teeth and climb her way down Nektann’s Tahtorak body. Her tethers acted as naturally as if she was using her arms and legs, despite there being far more than just four limbs.

Nektann’s giant body was easy to find handholds on even in the rain and after several minutes, she was on the ground. She looked up at him, shocked to see how far up his glowing red eye was and how tall he really was, how tall she had been. He was absolutely huge!

Still, she pitied him. Viltia caressed his foot, “Take care, Nektann. I hope to see you again soon.

The Toa of the Green turned, blinded and deafened by the rain and the night, her tethers giving off a soft silver glow as they flowed around her as if seaweed. Now where was Sidra? And how was she supposed to find her?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 1

IC: Sidra - Ash Barrens 

Since the monstrosity had dropped her off, Sidra had been traipsing about the sodden, overgrown ground below, trying to look up through the foliage and rain for some sign of Viltia being coughed up by the creature. But the creature was ludicrously tall, and its upper body was difficult to discern through the haze.

It wasn't until she circled around and spotted a small green figure clambering down the leg that Sidra got her first look at what Viltia had become. Even from a distance, she could see the shimmering silver threads that coiled around the Toa, seeming to sprout from the scars of recently-healed injuries visible through her armour. 

Once upon a time, Sidra might have noped out of there immediately, or opened fire pre-emptively, but more and more she was coming to realise how her brief time with the villagers had mellowed her. More and more in recent times, her instincts and impulsivity had given way to caution and questions. Viltia had still sounded like herself when she'd been speaking through the creature, and she'd even warned her about the tethers. Plus, these ones didn't seem to be latching onto or draining the things they came into contact with. More to the point, Viltia was clearly still alive, not an undead puppet. 

There was too much she didn't know or understand, and Viltia was the closest thing she had to a friend. She had to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Hey, Viltia?" Sidra cuatiously approached her companion, arm held ready to raise and loose a rhotuka if things went awry, "Are you alright?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Sidra

She heard Sidra! Viltia turned, hand over her optics as she tried to pierce through the veil of rain. She could just barely see Sidra in the dark.

Her tethers wiggled in excitement and she beamed, “Sidra! Yeah I’m fine. The climb down wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.

Viltia shook her head at her thoughts, shouting to be able to be heard, “You were right, though. I was having a hard time even remembering myself in there. That Tahtorak body really messes with your memories. We… uh, well we should probably get out of here, Nektann might do something he doesn’t mean to.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

She sounded like Viltia. Earnest, bubbly, friendly. Alive.

But the monster she'd faced back at the village had known what to say, what form to take, to mess with her. There was a possibility that this was something just masquerading as Viltia, but to what end? If it had wanted to destroy the village, or even just kill Sidra, there'd been ample opportunity while merged with Nektann. 

Sidra inched closer, watching the silver threads for any sign of hostility. "Are you sure you're back to... yourself?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Sidra

Vitlia looked down at herself. Glowing tendrils sprouted from cracks in her armor. Her left thigh was almost completely glowing where it seemed a large wound had been. Carved into that former wound were three squiggly parallel lines. She knew that represented her new tethers and the knowledge of everything she could do with them now.

She took one of her tethers into her hand, squeezing it. It was squishy, with a little bit of firmness. She was able to increase its width up to two inches thick.

Viltia looked back to Sidra, “Honestly I have no idea. I remember not having these tethers, yet they feel so natural that it’s as if I’ve always had them. And if my mind has been changed, then I either didn’t notice it happening, or I guess I’m not able to tell.

She looked unsure, “I don’t know. What do you think?” Sidra most always knew what to do. Apparently Sidra had even saved the village while she had been talking with Nektann.

• Like 1

"What I think is that a lot of people will probably freak out when they see you like this, after everything that went down back at the village," she said carefully. "Best not to touch anyone with those without permission... and maybe avoid asking people to join you for anything."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann, Outside Barius' Chambers)

Don't count on it.

"You..." Drukarus thought back to the shadowy entity that he knew now was Miserix, not exhibiting any sign to those around him that Miserix had spoken to him. Don't count on it? Don't count on what? What was it Miserix was referring too? Asking for clarification would've been the logical line of questioning, but this wasn't a logical being. But something had to incite such a response.

Looking towards Korruhn, Drukarus mentally directed Miserix' attention to him, mentally questioning whether it was what the seemingly Aspect said. If that was given a negative, then Drukarus would direct Miserix's attention to the thought of Barius, curious if it was the warlord who Miserix was referring too.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Sidra

Viltia scratched at her mask in thought, slowly realizing that she had used her tethers to do the action instead of her hand. Sidra’s suggestion would be much harder than she first thought.

I’ll try. Like I said, they feel as if I’d always had them. But you’re right. You always are.

She retracted the tethers as far as they would go, though they still stuck out of her a few inches.

But the merging, it only helps others who are hurting or in need. They get to rest and become part of something larger. I get to comfort them. And they can always leave if they want.

I want to be able to connect to all Life. To the stars. Even to…

Viltia paused, frowning and trying to remember her thoughts from before all this, “I… I didn’t used to say stuff like that, did I? That’s probably not good, is it?

• Like 2

She wanted to admonish Viltia for her worrying words. She sounded so much like the undead creatures they'd just fought... but at the same time, she didn't. 

Viltia was different. She'd already had the power to connect with life, to create it and take it away. The plants hadn't consented to their manipulation, but Viltia had done it nonetheless. And if she hadn't manipulated the roots and killed every tree in the vicinity, the village probably wouldn't have survived its battle with the undead. Now that she apparently had the power to connect to other forms of life, where was she supposed to draw the line? Someone who wore a Mask of Rahi Control didn't care if the rahi gave their consent. Sidra herself had used her hypnosis to get what she wanted more times than she could ever attempt to count.

"It's probably not," she said. "And you're wrong, I'm not always right. Far from it." 

Sidra had never understood the Toa Code. What was the point of having so much power and taking on so much responsibility if you went and handicapped yourself with arbitrary rules? What was the point of prancing about on the precarious precipice of moral high ground if it gave your weaker enemies an edge over you? What was the point of having a code like that if you could forsake it when it suited you?

The Toa standing before her was a living testament to the fact that in a real, unruly world, one that was wild and chaotic, one where the Great Spirit and Three Virtues didn't rule supreme,  codes and ethics had no power. The lines were too blurry, the changes too strange. 

This was Sidra's kind of world. 

"I can't tell you what really attacked our village. I can't explain what happened to you," she continued. "But I'm going to trust that you'll be able to figure out how to do the right thing with this new power." Just like they would all have to trust her to do the right thing with the Great Disk, and whatever it unlocked.

@Kal the Guardian

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Sidra

Sidra’s words meant a lot to her. Sidra’s confidence in her washed away her doubts of what her mind might be thinking without her knowing it. If Sidra was able to trust her, then Viltia would be able to trust herself as well.

That’s right… we’ve begun to forge our own destinies. It doesn’t matter what happens to us as long as we protect our friends through it all. I just need to make sure to stay true to that at all times. And you can always help me if I stray. You defeated that other thing.

Viltia paused, remembering the Grand Untethered as she had shot at it even as it consumed the plant life around it. It had been many bodies at once and in a way Viltia envied it, yet she couldn’t forgive it for how it had stolen life away for itself selfishly. Life was to be shared and enjoyed. Experienced by all. Not hoarded against others’ will. “And if I ever become like that thing, I know you’ll do the right thing to protect our friends.

• Like 1

"I can't really take credit for killing it... if it was even alive to begin with," she sighed, unable to bring herself to comment on Viltia's final remark. "Now..." her mask began to glow softly as she tentatively offered Viltia her hand, "...let's go home."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Sidra

Viltia shook herself and took a couple deep breaths, both to clear her head from depressing thoughts and to prepare herself for the journey ahead in the realm of shadows that seemed devoid of all life. She grew a small flower in her hand and smiled. Then she stepped forward and with her other hand, reached for Sidra’s offered hand.

Home. How odd that she thought fondly of the Fau Swamp now. It really was their home, and so far had kept them safe from the marauding Skakdi war bands, of which Nektann had led one. It would be nice to get back, see her friends, and start focusing on Kanoka again.

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - en-route to Le-Metru Nuva

Unlimbering the lightstone rifle, Sidra loosed a shot overhead to give her some more light, before activating her mask to pull herself and Viltia into shadow. The roar of rain and rustle of leaves fell away as the world became still, dark, and cold. There was no wind, no light, no life. 

There were times she found the isolating blackness unnerving, but after the day she'd had, she instead found it kind of comforting. She'd heard things here before, even thought she'd glimpsed movement in her periphery from time to time, but nothing had ever attacked her. It felt safer than the world outside was right now.

But she knew how Viltia felt about being cut off from the life of the swamp, so she walked quickly as she led the Toa towards the dim, distant flicker of firelight that marked the exit.

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Gore Fury (Fort Nektann, The Kitchen)

“So, what now?”

Tossing the last of the chair fragments into the furnace and allowing two thin beams of red hot energy to be focused through the lens of his shades, Gore started a small fire that eventually filled the oven. Looking back at Grime, Gore held the same wide smile on his face, now wider than before as he pulled out a Kiss the Cook apron from his fanny pack. "Now?..Well now my little buddy, now we get to cookin'."

Directing Grime to retrieve whatever ingredients he needed, Gore laid out his full repertoire of tools; knifes, forks, ladles, pots, pans, Gore had it all and more, perfect to cook the gorgeous meal he was going to make, a meal that he knew well and knew it to be the perfect dish to make for the fort's special guest.

~~~

The travel had been long and arduous, with many of the small villages and towns they passed barring their gates to the Skakdi caravan, with no amount of peaceful attempts at negotiation breaking through the universally ingrained fear and hatred of their kind. And so, Gore and the caravan continued on, their rations slowly running thinner and thinner with each passing day. Gore was so hungry, and though he would ask his mother after every meal for another portion, his mother would just say the same thing.

"Now Gore sweetie, let's not forget the others. Ya know it wouldn't be proper for ya to have a second helpin' while everyone else only had half-as-much just so ya could get a bit bigger. But don't worry, I promise next time we get some more supplies I'll make ya your favorite. Alright?"

At that, Gore would shut right up, going to sleep hungry and saddened. But then, one day, an odd figure showed up. They wore a long brown tattered cloak, with it flying behind them, seemingly less from the wind but rather by some unnatural force. As they got closer, they were revealed to be a Toa, but one ancient and wizened, their kind yet hardened eyes piercing the Skakdi that surrounded them. Gore would never forget the look of those eyes, for they seemingly held the knowledge of a thousand lifetimes, and their sharp gaze could tell your own lifetime from a mere glance.

As the Toa approached the Skakdi, the Skakdi was at first apprehensive, but when the Toa introduced himself, a noticeable shift occurred amongst the caraven. Stannis, Stannis was what the Toa's name was, and at that name, the caravan welcomed the Toa with open arms.

That night, Gore's mother once again made dinner for the whole caravan, and as everyone was given their fair portions, the ancient Toa initially declined his share. But Gore's mother was a firm woman, and would not allow any guest to go without a meal. As the Skakdi ate their meals, many of them, Gore's mother included, looked towards the Toa with anticipation on their reaction upon the meal. And their reaction? Well, Gore's mother never heard kinder nor more earnest words than from that Toa.

The mood was joyful, even with the meager meal, and as the elder Toa told his tales and news to the caravan around him, Gore sat their, having already asked and been denied by his mother for another portion. After the fire had died and the group had disbanded, Gore was about to sleep within his little tent, till Stannis approached the little Skaklet, and held within his hand, was the rest of his meal, barely touched. Gore slept that night with a content smile and a content stomach.

Stannis was gone before anyone awoke, but when they reached the next town, and the town after that, and the town after that, kindness and compassion was what greeted them, rather than the fear and hatred that marked their earlier encounters.

~~~

After a few hours of hardwork, and good cooking, both with the help of Grime, Gore had finished his meal, ready to feed every single Skakdi within the entire fort, with a special batch reserved for those of honor. A wide nostalgic smile was plastered on the Su-Skakdi's face as he turned down towards Grime. "Alright little buddy, that's the last batch, alert the fort and the ruler of it, they're havin' a quality meal tonight."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Kathrine of the Flame - (new?)Po-Koro:

It was something of a quiet relief to not have to walk all the way to their destination, Kat was quite well enough through with trudging through the sands for one day.What met her eyes as she arrived freshly teleported drew her attention wholly and instantly. The immense ziggurat rising from the sands like an ancient guardian of the desert, and yet carved into the side of a cliff face, as if the very earth had birthed the structure fully formed. Kat could not but help to think to Stannis for a moment. The ruin certainly looked about as aged as the Toa of Stone.

Whatever they were.... Kat couldn't seem to draw her eyes away from them.

"Hey, those ruins you guys were talking about earlier.... what are they exactly?" she asked to no one in particular, but to anyone who happened to be listening.

@Harvali@~Xemnas~@Onaku@Tarn@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Location - The Shadow Realm, Jimbo

With - Sidra

Viltia felt the loss of her connection to life as they entered some other dimension, this time comforted by the flower in her hand and remaining connected to Sidra. She put one foot in front of the other in a mindless march, letting Sidra lead as she thought.

You know,” she began, voice feeling deadened by the suffocating darkness, “This new power, it’s odd. When I think about it, all the information about it is laid out in my head in a way I know isn’t just memory. I understand completely how both my tethers and merging works.

This walk, longer than the others Viltia had taken with Sidra, offered her time to explain her tethers and their features to her friend. Things such as their maximum range, their sensitivity, and how they couldn’t be fully retracted.

She talked about how her merging formed a pocket dimension, whatever that was. How the merged creature had to consent to the merging at all times. And how she could do it more than once at a time, forming strands between the creatures much like the undead had.

She talked about how the memories functioned. About how all the powers of the merged creatures became her own. How she was the consciousness in charge. Even how she took on the flaws of the creatures she merged with.

Her words really did reflect how the knowledge had just suddenly appeared in her head. It was not how Viltia would normally describe something and it was more like how Beruv might teach them about Kanoka forging.

Viltia gently caressed one of the petals of the flower in her hand, “It’s just super weird that all that information is carved into my brain, like a name carved into tree bark. Although it is way better than not knowing what I can do.

Formatting.
  • Like 2

IC: Axxon | that shore near the broken fortress

He didn't have a choice, did he? Sure, he did in theory, but what could he do when offered life or death?

Axxon agreed, of course. 

"I don't want to suffer any more. Not like this."

OOC: take it away, @Eyru

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - en-route to Le-Metru Nuva

"If I hadn't been fighting a bunch of interconnected zombies an hour ago, I'd say I've never heard of anything like that," she said, when Viltia had completed her strange explanation. "Back in Metru Nui, those things didn't have the tethers. Maybe it's a power they found on this island, and somehow passed onto you."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - The Shadow Realm

With - Sidra

Viltia nodded at Sidra’s comments, “I sure hope that’s all they passed onto me. Although, if there’s more of them out there, who knows what the next one might look like. Hopefully we’ll never have to find out.

Her voice changed to be happier, “But that’s why I’m so ready to get back to learning. With my Kanoka and Kanohi, and whatever you unlock with your Great Disc, I’m sure we’ll be ready for any challenge!

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Well, let's not tempt fate," she said. "I think a lot of folks in the village would be happier living challenge-free lives, myself included." Her hand drifted to the pouch containing the cube she'd retrieved from the crater. She hoped there were no more of those things out there.

"But speaking of the village..." the light began to expand, and the ground sloped steeply upwards, as the pair emerged into the heart of Le-Metru Nuva. After everything that had happened, Sidra had felt it was a safe bet that no one would be shuttering the lightstone lamps or dousing the lanterns, leaving ample shadows for her to travel through, "...there's been a few changes around here in the short time you were gone. You should go see Wing and Torch." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

With - Sidra

Viltia let go of Sidra’s hand, her tethers growing a little longer as her focus changed from introspection to analyzing their home. The thunderstorm had passed farther southeast in the direction of that weird tree that hadn’t died earlier. It was still cloudy though, and the sparse collection of lightstones illuminated a village heavily damaged by the storm.

She looked around further. Well, the foundation of the village seemed intact, but many huts were missing shingles, railings, or boards that had come loose. It was hard to tell the true extent of things in the dark.

Viltia carefully leaned over the edge, where a railing used to be. She couldn’t see the glow of any undead through the canopy, large or small. All was quiet, with voices hushed. Everything seemed normal. She turned to Sidra, face barely containing her happiness at being back home and having it and it’s villagers mostly intact.

Then she moved off to go find Wing and Torch. Why did Sidra mention them in particular?

• Like 1

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

He scowled up at the Toa. The Administrator was making what sounded like fairly dire accusations of him - even if Ollem couldn't entirely understand them - and he didn't even really seem to be denying them, so much as attempting to deflect and distract from them. The bit about transferring power from the few to the many sounded nice, but he was being kind of vague about it. And going from the Administrator's words, it seemed like he had been part of the 'elite few' himself.

"You don't seem like a good Toa to me," Ollem challenged. In his experience, the term seemed oxymoronic.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

• Like 2

IC: Apex (Le-Metru Nuva)

Spiraling outwards from the base of Le-Metru Nuva, Apex made her trek through the area, taking a slow gentle approach as she prowled through the swamp, her senses working to detect even the slightest hint of a threat. But whenever Apex found the natural pathways of Rahi and Matoran alike, she stopped, standing before one of the largest nearby Banyan trees. As she looked toward the tree, Apex thought of the strength and determination that allowed it to claim the right to grow to such great heights in such a hostile environment.

Then, in a single furious motion, Apex swung her mighty claws against the thickened bark of the tree till a sizable gash could be noted. Then, with a careful precision, Apex allowed a single drop of her venom to land within the gash. Apex recognized that these trees were resilient, and she did not expect that a single drop would kill it, but she was still fearful for any unneeded damage she might inadvertently inflict. But what Apex did was necessary, for what Apex did marked her territory, for if the gashes did not frighten away any trespassers, than the scent of her venom truly frightening away all but the most fierce some or monstrous Rahi from straying to close.

With her territory now marked around the low settlement, Apex went to return to Le-Metru Nuva, to dwell close to its base just out of sight. That was when she spotted something, a form, a figure, lying cold and still within the murky waters. Trudging forth, Apex found the remains of a Matoran, dead, having died from a great fall. For a moment, Apex was left uncertain what to do, till the memory of recent power returned to her...Heartlight, Apex knew, that regardless if it was beating or not, that a heartlight could be used to form the sacred worms spawned by her kin. And so, with the dexterous needles of her smaller pair of claws, Apex claimed her golden prize.

Placing the heartlight within her maw, and swallowing it for safekeeping, Apex turned back towards the corpse, only one last thing left to do. Apex took the corpse to the base of a Banyan tree, this one not as tall as the others, and she began to dig. And then in the hole the Matoran was placed, their body soon to be the source of strength the Banyan will now consume, as was the cycle of life and death.

At last, Apex finally returned, though under the shroud of dark, and though she sought to bask in the lightstone above, she did not dare to set foot within the settlement, for she was an Aspect of Nature and did not need such shelter, as she harbored herself within the roots of a tree, till morning at last arrived.

• Like 1

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro Hospital

Nale led the small group into the damaged hospital. Roughly half of the building had been blown apart during the League attack, but the remains were serviceable. The main doors opened into a lobby of sorts. It wasn't particularly large, but it was big enough for their group.

Oreius looked around the beings in the room. He guessed that the two Leaguers had surrendered shortly after the attack, using their status as prisoners of war as a loophole to avoid being killed. It just went to show which side was honourable in this war. One side was willing to drop bombs on innocents, while the other was willing to spare even murderers if they surrendered. The Matoran, despite the fact that Pridak had tried to carry out a genocide of their people, were still willing to seek justice instead of revenge. That nobility gave him hope. These League soldiers didn't deserve mercy, but it had been given to them anyway.

"So," he began, looking at Zaliyah and Ostrox. "We need to decide what to do with you two. You have carried out crimes against our people. That you still live is more kindness than you deserve."

He looked at the others. "But I don't speak for Metru-Koro. If another mode of justice can been agreed upon, then so be it."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Tarn @Onaku @Conway @Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Zaliyah – Metru-Koro Hospital

Zaliyah rolled her eyes as Oreius talked. So many Toa loved to talk about crimes and justice, as if they were somehow exempt from those same concepts. It was hypocritical, and tiresome. There were no innocents in war, regardless of who had started it or why.  

She’d been content to let this conversation play out, before the crowd and now again in private, thinking someone would bring up the outcome of the battle sooner or later. But if the locals weren’t going to correct Oreius on his understanding of the situation, then it fell to Zaliyah. She’d tried persuading them to let her walk away without further bloodshed, but if he was going to cause a problem, then so was she.

“As much as I’d love to indulge in another useless debate about the crimes our sides have both committed against one another, before and during wartime, you’re clearly operating on a mistaken understanding of how this conflict concluded,” Zaliyah said, speaking specifically to the Ta-Toa. “In all the excitement over Pridak’s death, it appears the locals have forgotten to inform you that this camp surrendered. Pridak's death doesn't change that. One word into my radio, and my Vahki will be more than happy to use heavy artillery to remind everyone of that fact.”

Her voice softened. “But I don’t want that. We both won. We both lost. Neither of us has any authority to mete out misguided justice against one another.”

@Eyru

• Like 3

With - Sidra, Apex, Uraborask, Morangad

It was with surprise and shock that Viltia found Wing and Torch. The former was a horribly mutated Toa whose slime, tongue, barbs, and limbs outdid even her own new tethers in strangeness. And Torch, he had left Sidra and her as the two most powerful defenders of the village. She wasn’t sure how she felt about that. But he had found his destiny and taken ahold of it. She respected that part of it at least.

Thanks to Morangad, of the three potential casualties, only two had passed from the world. Though they never found one of the bodies. A short funeral was held the next day, but with the level of water, they had to hold off on burying anyone until after the flood waters had gone down.

The village itself only lost one platform that had been in progress and two bridges. Several guard outposts had been stripped from the trees, but only surface damage was done to the majority of the village. Yes, acid rain would be a problem for a few days, but they had enough acid-resistant bark shingles left to protect everyone for the most part. Viltia spent a large part of her time creating resources for the villagers to slice and cut apart to use to rebuild.

After a couple days, the water finally receded to the point of becoming puddles instead of standing water. It was at this point that Wing led the recovery team as they pulled Kanoka and a little bit more from the swamp floor. There were actually several odd items that they found.

There were two old looking Kanoka discs of level 6. They had scars and scrapes on them, but retained their integrity and still functioned.

There were two Zamor Launchers which Spark immediately grabbed, talking to himself about how he could fix them up despite how heavily battered they seemed. Viltia wasn’t sure what they could shoot out of them, but that was a problem for another day.

What was really weird is when they found 15 cans of heavily processed organic protodermis muscle. It looked like it had been good eating too, once. Now it was covered in swamp water and had expired quite a while ago. It was going to be saved for an emergency, but Viltia hoped that day would never come.

They also found something that Sidra identified as a Vahki Staff. The female Vortixx further identified it as a staff of erasing, but Spark had insisted on trying it out anyway to “know for sure”. He spent the rest of the day tied to a post to keep himself from mindlessly walking off the edge of the village.

There was an odd staff that none of them knew about, that was until Apex saw it, wisely guessing it was a Rahkshi staff or something of the kind. (Viltia almost passed out when she saw Apex. The cute little Rahi was actually a huge monster!) When Viltia held it, she could feel a power within it, waiting to be used. It felt just like how having a Kanohi felt, where the power was in something else, not yourself, and it only had to be focused on to use it. However, she couldn’t seem to figure out what power it had, despite Sorilax having already told them all the Kraata powers.

A Seismic Pickaxe was found sticking out of one of the roots that Viltia had pulled back to form the pit. It had taken some work to get free, but it seemed perfectly functionable. No doubt it could perform its usage without any silly restrictions. Viltia thought maybe it might be good for mining, but she kept her mouth shut when she saw Sidra eyeing the tool. If Sidra wanted it, she could have it. She deserved it.

The Zyglak found an out of tune lute, a surfboard that was strangely new looking, and a rusty panini press. He quickly claimed all three items for himself, though something told Viltia that all it would take to get one was asking him to borrow one and he would gladly loan it out forever.

Disturbingly, Viltia found several dozen Toa teeth. She cleaned them all, and considered burying them, but decided against it. They felt too precious. Instead, she grabbed a small wooden box one of the villagers had made and set it on a desk close to her bed. As soon as she got her own hut, she would display them in memory of those that hadn’t been able to survive this island.

Perhaps the most interesting find was a Scout class Mobile Nektann drone that stood as tall as her knees. The female Vortixx, and Spark when the eraser staff wore off, inspected it. It seemed to be programmed normally, but when activated, it scoured the whole of Le-Metru Nuva. It found their only broom, then proceeded to do nothing else but sweep the floors.

But what really was special was what was left behind in the sinkhole she had created. There was glowing liquid protodermis with what seemed like shadows flitting through it. Apex once more came to the rescue, informing Viltia, when most of the others weren’t there, that the substance was energized protodermis. And defiled at that.

Viltia didn’t want anything to do with something that was defiled, and Sidra firmly agreed. Thankfully, a Ga-Matoran came to their rescue. Apparently she had been carrying about several Ga-Metru manufactured Faux-Exsidian containers since they had been thrown from the giant head. She knew they were important, but wasn’t sure if they would ever be of use. She was glad to be able to finally help out, since she hadn’t actually done the fighting to save the village.

As a team, they carefully filled up three canisters, entrusting Apex to remove the substance from the Swamp so it couldn’t harm anyone.

Three of the Colony Drones had died, though for some strange reason less Rahi and giant insects roamed about below the village. Viltia reasoned that it was Apex’s presence. The Aspect’s appearance radiated beastly superiority and probably scared off many would be predators. Whatever the reason, they slowly found more of the docile creatures to increase village security.

Torch seemed way less angry than he had been in the past as he happily devoted himself to the village. Though he could do far less than before, he almost seemed more proactive about things. Somehow he managed to start work on upgrading their old forge before Viltia had even been able to use their new one. The two new forges were eventually even outfitted with slots for discs of freezing and Toa disks of Fire to be able to better control temperature.

Wing was still trying to figure out her body, and avoiding most beings in the process. But her determination and drive still kept her as the captain of the guard. She had only been able to figure out her element in terms of Control. It was her strongest technique by far. It seemed to foreign to Viltia, whose specialty lay in Observation.

Viltia had added a mask of mutation to her growing list of Kanohi she needed to make. Wing really needed it. But it wasn’t one of the ones that Beruv knew how to make, so it would probably take a bit of experimentation to figure out. She had already been doing some of that with weaker Kanoka.

Spark, upon inspecting the Nektann drone, started talking with anyone who would listen about Kanohi machines for some time. He had heard about them and had only seen one, but his mind filled with possibilities. The female Vortixx tried to avoid him as best she could. If Spark caught wind that she actually knew how to create Kanohi machines, her life would essentially be forfeit for about a week as he would undoubtedly swarm her with questions.

He even started making these weird backpacks, made of metal and full of wires. He claimed that once Viltia could make Kanohi of Quick Travel, he would be able to teach himself the rest of what was needed to make a Kanohi machine. The female Vortixx severely doubted that.

The time flew and the village felt more alive than it had ever been before. The Fau Swamp had tried its best to oust them, but they had weathered through. Without any outside influences, it felt like it was smooth sailing from here on out. Viltia knew that was just wishful thinking, but that’s what it felt like to her in the moment.

Viltia woke early one morning. At this point she couldn’t remember how long ago it had been since she hadn’t known anything about Kanoka forging and Kanohi crafting. It seemed so odd to her now since it was such an integral part of her. She woke up, defended or built the village, then honed her new craft at night. Well, the past was in the past, and most of the villagers didn’t freak out anymore when they saw her tethers, even when she used them. She grabbed her satchel and axe/crossbow and started to leave her new, personal hut when she remembered the Rahkshi staff. One of her tethers reached out and grabbed it. She paused to look at the wooden display for the Toa teeth. She would make them proud and forge her own destiny this day. She pushed aside the hanging woven reed door.

The sunlight filled the canopy around the village and caused a bright green glow. A few shafts of light even found their ways through the canopy. Things were finally back to normal. No, better than normal. Well, whatever passed for normal in the Fau Swamp. Today was the day. Hopefully after dinner, Sidra and she would accomplish what they had spent so long training for.

Viltia beamed, looking around the village that was in the middle of yet another expansion. Most of her family were safe. Sidra had truly saved them all that rainy night, despite what Sidra herself said. Torch had assured Viltia that it really had been Sidra who had been the deciding factor in defeating the undead. And Viltia couldn’t be more proud.

Now it was time to seize all her training and forge her first Great Kanohi.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad Time skip taken. How long was it? They say that no one truly knows for sure...

Turns out this actually is the time skip.
  • Like 3

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

The former Dark Hunter sat at a table in what served as the village's communal gathering space and eating area. Beings of all races moved past and around her, continuing the repairs of the village and their other daily activities. But Sidra had no intention of joining them. After innumerable exhausting days spent assisting with scouting, searching for items lost in the storm, and other odd jobs around the place, and most nights spent renewing her efforts in crafting disks, things finally felt settled enough for Sidra to award herself a day off. 

And naturally, she was spending that day working.

Half-reassembled on the table before her was the seismic pickaxe that had been retrieved from the swamp. It was an intriguing piece of technology, with so many functions that she wasn't sure whether it could be fairly considered a tool or a weapon. It seemed well-made and in good condition, but she'd decided it was better safe than sorry, and had gotten to work taking it apart and cleaning each of its components of mud and moisture. It was relaxing, therapeutic work, keeping her mind stimulated and her hands busy without the danger that would have come with a break-and-enter job. 

Her twin nektann patrolled the tabletop, making sure nothing rolled away or fell off the less-than-ideal workspace. She'd considered holing up in the hut for some of the day to work on the project, but decided she preferred the daylight and open air instead. After the cold, cloudy chaos of the storm, she wasn't taking the warmth of the sun for granted. 

It was a good day to be alive.

And, perhaps, today was a good day to create a Great Disk. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 3

IC: [Vhisola]

“Yes! This way...please hurry!”

The Toa didn’t have to worry about the Matoran walking, she kept up and even outpaced him at times. It didn’t take all that long, but the urgency made it feel like trekking through the swamps all over again.

When they finally arrived back at the astronomer’s hut, she suddenly froze. When she’d left, Nixie had been audibly in pain. Now there was silence. Cold panic gripped the Matoran. Were they too late?

Forcing herself not to lose it, Vhisola approached the hole in the side of the battle-damaged hut. Inside was almost dark. The heat stone must have gotten knocked out of sight again. “...Nixie?” she asked, barely louder than a whisper. She looked briefly at Okuo, eyes full of worry. There was no reply, but they did hear something moving, accompanied by a groan. Or was that a growl?

The Matoran glanced at the Toa again, as if asking: What do we do?

OOC: @Onaku

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro

The Toa of Fire opened his mouth to angrily respond when he felt something wriggle against the base of his neck. A chill went down his spine. The hospital's battle-scarred interior seemed to recede, and he was once again on that blood-stained beach underneath a cruel sky. What good had war ever done? Had it brought back even a single life? No—Metru-Nui was still littered with the bodies of men and women he had not been able to save. He had spent his strength against the League and emerged empty-handed. Pridak had spent his strength against the Matoran and emerged with even less. The sum of all their efforts was pain and loss.

As much as he wished to rain vengeance down upon the usurpers and cleanse the island with righteous fire, he knew it would not change the past. His whole life had been spent on a fruitless mission to change what he had done. To atone for his weakness. But no amount of League blood would wash him clean of sin. His transgression was bolted to his bones and married to his flesh. It could not be changed. Not by Pridak's death, nor by Aurax's. And not by the death of these two League soldiers. Would it satisfy justice? Perhaps. But maybe the soldier was right, and there was no justice to be found in war. Perhaps there was no purpose or reason that further bloodshed could uncover.

Maybe there had been something more for him before the end of the universe. But his god had fallen, and his purpose had been exposed as false. Now there was only the chaos of wasted life and spilled blood in his wake, and nothing to show for it. Metru Nui was lost. The universe was lost. Everything he had ever loved or fought for was lost, except for this little village and the people struggling to survive here. If he had to abandon justice to save them, then was that not a nobler sacrifice than spending their lives on his ideals? He didn't really know, and that uncertainty chilled him to his core. For the first time in a long time, he was uncertain about his place in the universe. The rock he had stood so surely upon was washing out from under his feet, exposed as sand. How could he fight for his beliefs when he wasn't entirely sure what he believed in anymore?

Too many questions, and not enough answers. When he raised his head and looked Zaliyah in the eyes, she saw that the spark of anger had gone out. The Toa's ancient eyes were softer, and when he spoke, the fire had gone out of his voice.

"Yes," he said hoarsely. "We both lost. We lost everything."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku @Tarn @Conway @Sparticus147

• Like 6