Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Hospital

Irna clasped the hand tightly for a moment, and then let it go. Smiling to the Leaguer, she made her way over to one of the empty cots in the hospital and sat on, patting the mattress as a gesture for her to join.

"Zaliyah, is it?" she said, as gently as she could. "You see like a wise woman, Zaliyah. And passionate, in ways that I am not ... but perhaps should be. It seems as though you care for your people greatly, as I do. And ... I hope that, like me, you are tired of fighting, Zaliyah. Tired of your people hurting."

The Zyglak shifted, laying her glaive and her bow down on the mattress behind her -- a show of good faith, of trust -- before turning back to the other woman.

"Peace would preferable. And you may not lead the League any more than I may lead Metru-Koro ... but we can try. Bring our leaders something that might win them over. Something to prove our mutual commitment to ceasing this violence."

Irna leaned forward. She had not been prepared for this when she had woken up mere minutes ago -- to try and broker peace to a war that had lasted years and spanned entire worlds. She was no leader, no diplomat ... in many respects, she was barely even a warrior, a champion of anyone. She was operating on barely any rest, no food, and hardly an idea of how to go about this, nothing but a scrap of hope. But she was also the only one who could talk to Zaliyah, and do it successfully. So the burden fell to her, regardless.

"Our village," she said, gesturing around the building, "sits atop beings who would do us harm, as you have seen. Your city," -- she pointed to the other woman -- "is surrounded by the monsters of the Krom Sphere. Our present locales are untenable, and yet how much of this island have we since explored? I, personally, have barely made it into the swamplands to the South.

"You have ships, though," she continued, "and we have people who lived on the ground of this island and have had more experience surviving it. What if, as a gesture of good will, our combined forces sent a team to explore the rest of the island -- perhaps find a safe place, free of inhabitants? A place where a new home could be built, for all of us."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Eyru @Onaku @Tarn

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro Hospital

Sitting beside the towering Zyglak, listening to her words, Zaliyah sighed. She could hear the earnestness in Irna's voice, which made Zaliyah all the more disappointed in the words she was about to speak. "Your ambition is a worthy one, but I don't share it. I fought for that city, and I intend to stay in it. I imagine many of those here still view Metru Nui as their home, and would return to it if they could." 

She decided it was best not to mention the fact that there weren't nearly as many airships in Metru Nui as Irna seemed to believe. Zaliyah had committed the majority of their spare vessels to the attack on the village, and now they were all destroyed. The Ripple was the only other ship in Mrtru Nui she knew for sure was still operational, though there may have been a few others. 

"Metru Nui has ample resources and weaponry, strong walls, and an army of Vahki. Even the moat and abominations you spoke are another line of defence against the skakdi who roam and raid out in the wastes. Repairing the city has been our priority, not relocating."

@Conway 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Gore Fury (Fort Nektann)

Pushing and pulling along several trolleys into the closest thing anyone in the fort would call a mess hall, Gore began to set up pots, pans, and plates laden with food, alongside two other Skakdi who were thoroughly told what would happen if they tried to snatch a few bites early.

What Gore would simply call dinner, the Skakdi helping him and those coming in to see what the fuss was all about would see a feast. Laden upon the tables were platters upon platters of quality meals; potatoes, mashed, boiled, and scalloped of several varieties, slices of meat, both thin and thick, of Mahi, Husi, and Mukau, bread rolls, freshly baked and soft, paired with several boats of gravy of both varieties, either to be laden upon the rest of the food or to be soaked up by the rolls, and lastly was a sizable mixed vegetable dish, that although would normally be seen as the least appetizing portion of the feast to most Skakdi, those attending would soon learn the taste Gore's vegetable dish...There was also distinctly no fish, thankfully.

Shuffling into the hall, the whole of the fort soon arrived and started crowding into the space, with Gore overseeing and maintaining order as the gathering began, with the apparent grandeur of the event and the hypnotizing smell of the food keeping all the Skaldi from simply digging in like some sort of pack of craven Rahi. Coming alongside with the crowd was also Barius, still carrying the equally sky-bound Stannis, followed by the skeptical Aspect Parnassus and the brooding 'Aspect' Korruhn. Making their way towards the head of the tables, Barius placed Stannis onto the chair to his left, draping the Toa over it like some sort of coat, with Korruhn sitting next to the draped Stannis, his eyes keen on prizes besides the food and Parnassus at Barius' right hand side, looking towards the currently comical-looking Stannis.

With the whole of the attendees now seated and eager in waiting for some sort of signal that they could dig into the vast feast before them, Gore stood within the middle of affair, within ear and sight of everyone present as he spoke out to all, the sheer joy and excitement of his nature lining each word he spoke. "Thanks every Skakdi for attendin' this feast, I may have just strolled into 'ere just today, but I'm always willin' to serve a crowd, and oh boy what a crowd I got 'ere."

Turning toward the head of the seating, Gore using his deductive skills of biggest guy at the least crowded table, Gore gestured towards Barius, hoping that he chose the right person to give a chance to speak a few words.

"Ey! Cheers to my good friend here Stennis!" At that, cheers rang out from the crowd in agreement to their newly appointed leader.

"Well then, guess it's time for us to give thanks, anyone want to st-Bahahaha!...Who am I kiddin', dig in and if you're goin' to stab someone, please be careful not to bend the utensils doin' so!" Gore said with a wide smile, with several laughs coming from the Warskak members present...Yet still no one ate, till Barius, spoke up once more. "Cook takes the first bite, Warskak tradition."

At that, Gore's wide grin grew evermore wider, and with a chuckle that turned into an eager laugh, Gore spoke out, "Ey, who am I to go against tradition then, HAH!" And with that, Gore reached over towards a nearby table and tore off a Husi drumstick and took an immense bite out of it. And with that, cheers and shouts came from the Skakdi as they dug in, followed by moans, gasps, and sighs of pleasure and satisfaction at the taste and texture of the food; the potatoes, were soft yet firm, and enriched the mouth with each bite with their hardy earthy flavors, the meat tore off the bone, and was cooked to a near perfection with savory juices spurting out with each bite, the rolls were like pillows and had more butter than a churn with each one melting in the mouth alongside the gravy, which melded with the flavors, offering its own kick let allowing the others to take center stage, and the vegetables were more than just boiled, they were baked, and were seasoned in such a fashion that one could hardly distinguish the taste from the meat itself. It was a perfect meal.

But that was not the peak of Gore's creation, sticking the Husi leg in the front pocket of his apron, Gore got one last trolley, and laden upon it, was paradise divine. An entire stuffed Gukko, perfected roasted and sizzled, seasoned to a crispy brown, bathing in the juices of hours of fine work, and stuffed with all but the best ingredients. And to whom this dish belonged too, was none other than Barius and his company. Pushing such a fine piece of food before the warlord, Gore, in a final flourish of skill and cooking artistry, focused his vision through his shades, and like a wave, washed the Gukko in a bath of heat, ensuring that the entire thing was completely cooked and that the skin would be extra crisp.

But that wasn't Gore's magnum opus. As Barius and those with him tore into the Gukko, Gore took out a small bowl and ladel from the pot beneath the Gukko, and walking around the table, placed it in front of the Toa Stannis, who at this point had finally uprighted himself. Looking down into the bowl, one would find a stew consisting of various root vegetables soaked and drowning in a steamy brown broth, chunks of Kikanalo meat, once intended to be made into jerky, now seasoned and quenched in the bowl, the aroma rich in strong spices and a drop of...Something, a sauce of indeterminate nature but...Potentially familiar to the Toa. And as Stannis took in the sight, Gore spoke to him in a much softer tone than he had been speaking in. "Hey there Stannis, I don't think you'd recognize me, it's been literal ages since we met. But, I'm sure you would remember my mother's cookin', exact same stew, broth and all. Go on, take a sip, got plenty of it." And with a sincere smile, Gore eagerly waited to here the wise words of praise of Stannis, Toa of the Maru, on what Gore saw as his best meal in the hall.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Conway @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

Although Irna maintained her outward composure, she sagged internally. She had seen an opportunity to finish what she, Keitara, and Skorm had started. And, perhaps even more importantly, part of her had been hoping to single-handedly achieve some sort of resolution. Despite everything, it seems, she still wanted to be the hero of the day.

"Very well," she said, nodding. "What would you suggest, then?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

The floor around Parnassus was soon littered with ashes, the Aspect plucking dish after dish in their hands and sucking clean the nutrients and energy from them, reducing Fury's hard-won cookery to black dust. They could not taste in the way that the warskaks did -- a being of pure energy, their biology simply didn't allow for it -- but they could still feel what Fury had felt when he had crafted each morsel. It tasted of pride, it tasted of joy ... and more than anything, it tasted of love.

We should keep this one around, Barius, Parnassus said. I like him.

OOC: @Burnmad

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vulimai (The Protodermis Moat)

"Well, while we're all alone here, now's probably the best time to explain... well... this...Artakha's mask of creation. Sans gave it to me just before the battle. He said to keep it a secret... but I had to use it to try to save both of you, even if I wasn't sure how. If this falls into the wrong hands, everything is doomed. I'm not sure just yet how I'm going to use this, but for now, I'm pretty sure only the three of us and Toa Nale know I have this, and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible. If word gets out, well, I'll be quite the target, and it will be bad for everyone if this is stolen. Understood?"

"Figured there was something to that mask, a mask does glow and be golden for no reason. And as for not letting it fall into the wrong hands...Well, I have a suspicion that mask may have had something to do with Pridak sending emissaries to negotiate."

As Vulimai spoke her opinion on the matter of the mask, Tekmo swore to keep the secret safe...While also suggesting a surprisingly intelligent idea. Knichou also seemed momentarily stunned at the brilliance of the suggestion before getting to work. In a miraculous display, Vulimai watched in awe as the Kanohi upon their face began to glow with a radiant light, till at last, materializing before them was...Well, some sort of contraption that proved unable to work as intended. But not allowing a failure seemingly stop them, Vulimai saw as Knichou turned whatever they intended into a hopefully sturdy ricksaw.

"All aboard, and hold on. It might be be a bumpy ride."

Looking with momentary apprehension, Vulimai shrugged as she climbed aboard. "I'll admit, this isn't the worst idea I've agreed to so far today."

OOC: @Toru Nui @BULiK

IC: Bronk (Metru-Koro Hospital)

Continuing to listen, Bronk saw as the conversation took a turn for the...Well, he wasn't sure if this was the worst or not, but it certainly wasn't for the best. But as he continued to listen, Bronk heard the words spoken by Zaliyah and Irna and felt turth in their words and their efforts...And found his opportunity to speak. Stepping forwards to be positioned amongst those attending, Bronk spoke out in his firm, dry, earnest tone of speaking, speaking out to all around.

"Apologies for interrupting but, Ms. Zaliyah Ms. Irna, I've been listenin' to this whole debate and I've reached a conclusion that I feel like needs to be said out loud in clear terms...There is no argument, not really. I consider myself to be a mighty fine judge of character, and listenin' to all of y'all, I personally believe that I have most of ya figured out. Not that some of ya made it that hard," Bronk muttered the last part to himself before continuing, "But no matter...What I'm gettin' at is three key points. First off, Metru-Nui is our home, it is all of our home. From Mantaxian," Bronk gestured to Ostrox before gesturing to Orieus "to Toa. Metru-Nui is the last place of home we got, regardless of creation, because it is the only piece of a universe we all once shared that's left."

"Second off, is that all of us wants peace. We've been at this war only Mata-Nui knows exactly how long and I reckon he ain't on speakin' terms, all things considered," Bronk said as he jabbed a thumb towards the direction of the head, "We can keep on arguin' on who's wrong and who's right till the Skakdi take us all mid-sentence, but it won't change the fact that in the grand scheme of things, the war is over. You could try to keep on sayin' that it's not but you'd be wrong. We Matoran, here in Metru-Koro, all we wanted to do was live our lives and hopefully be free. All you want to do," Bronk gestured to Zaliyah, Ostrox, and Irna, "is to be recognized and accepted. Now I'm not saying that there isn't still goin' to be animosity between the both of us; but what I am sayin' is that there is a greater desire for peace than there is war amongst all of us I'm sure."

"And lastly, and I feel like this is an important one that we can all relate too, we both hate who our leaders were. When I first met that smug face of Sans, I instantly knew I didn't like him. He liked to make the appearance of some sort of fun-loving elder, but deep down, I knew he was just a crochety old Turaga who was fueled by spite. Honestly, I would have voted against him as leader but...Well...as a Turaga, it made sense for the Matoran to place there faith in him." Bronk said the last part, shaking his head at the absurdity of such a concept. "And this Aurax fellow, I agree, he sounds shadier than a bog snake. But also, in my eyes, he isn't Pridak. And if he is intent on endin' the war, then I would support him, but only to that point. We don't need leaders who could be called shady, insane, or hateful. What we need are leaders who are actually willin' to listen to the words of their own people and realize what's best."

"So there, I've said my peace. And in case anyone is wonderin' who I am, well I'm just a simple quartermaster of the guard. But I am also a close acquaintance with the captain of the guard, and with Sans' death, the new leader of Metru-Koro. And if I know Vulimai half as well as I think I do, I have a feelin' she would agree with me."

And with everything that he felt needing to be spoken spoken, Bronk kindly and humbling walked to a nearby cot, sat down, and waited to see what everyone else did.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Eyru @Onaku @Conway @Tarn

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"...If you pledge your love and trust with all your heart, you could do such incredible things. You could part oceans, channel the winds, sway others to a better path, and someday you could even go home."

Drukarus listened to the words of Grime, but his focus was on the orb, as Drukarus felt the presence return to his mind; security, comfort, trust, all and more was what the orb instilled into the Skakdi's mind, and as much as Drukarus tried to ignore the feeling, to maintain his self and to prevent bias, Drukarus couldn't help but think. Since he has come to this island, he has seen things he has never encountered before; mountains home to nightmare gods, monsters that could scrap against the sky itself, beings born of shadow and deals. Back within the Matoran Universe, Drukarus knew what to expect from Zakaz, but here, perhaps, Drukarus needed to embrace that which is not natural to finally understand.

With a white knuckle grip, Drukarus stared deep into the sphere, descending deep, deeper, ever deeper, and for the briefest of momenta, Drukarus could have sworn that some three-eyed abyss stared back at him. Breaking from his trance, Drukarus shunted the sphere back into the pouch he had as the shadows returned to where they once came from. 

Strain and exhaustion was evident on Drukarus' face as he began to take in several deep breaths to steady himself. For a moment, Drukarus' gaze was unsteady and unfocused till his eyes refocused onto Grimes. Taking one last breath and returning to his stoic self, Drukarus looked towards Grime and spoke as the sounds of joyful shouts came from afar. "We are done here...I suppose it is time we go to dinner."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sala (Kini-Nui)

Sala took in Sorilax's words and all, and although he did listened and took heed, a part of him still held doubt. "You don't understand. This isn't about a matter of me having limits, this is a matter that no matter what, I won't be able to escape from being weak. But how would you understand the way I feel. You are an immortal being. You are inherently greater than I, no matter what I do." Sala didn't know where these thoughts came from but he did not feel any need to halt their approach as Sala contemplated all that he heard and recently learned.

Still laying against the wall, Sala continued to take his time to correlate himself, but he did make eye contact with Nuju, and instead of the eyes of a frightful scholar, Sala held the eyes of a determined explorer. Even with uncertainty filling Sala's being, he now knew a purpose, to prove himself, to at last have a chance to prove that he is strong.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Apex (The Fau Swamp)

It was in the dead of night when Apex at last moved from her spot, the first sign of her stirring be less Apex's own movement but rather the rapid shifting of the Kraata worm which had wedged itself within the cracks and crevices of Apex's vessel. Slowly raising her head and opening her optics, Apex looked at her surroundings with a tired glare. The sounds of insects and nightborn critters filled the air, and the light of the moon filtered through the leaves, giving the clearing that Apex awoke in a mystical sense.

As Apex slowly rose to her feet, the Kraata worm wrapping itself and planting its head on Apex's own, the Aspect's gaze went around the clearing, seeking their desecrated companion. There amongst the brush, was Morangad, resting and watching over Apex. Moving with a gentle grace, Apex approached Morangad before sitting next to them, their eyes focused upon the glamour of the clearing. 

Several silent minutes past as Apex sat and watch, till she broke the awkward silence she was suffering from. "I have now desecrated you now, Morangad, though not by traditional means. The worm, it was what I learned back in the ruins from whence we came from......" Another couple moments passed as the Kraata worm slithererd onto Apex' shoulder, and began to flick its varius tongues at Morangad. "...So how does it feel?"

OOC: @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147
Edited in Apex
  • Like 3

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

As if summoned by mere talk of his name, Ulkarr arrived in Tobduk-Koro. Recognizing Kanohi, he made his way to where he was.

The Vahki were quick to register his presence. "Unknown entity detected."

"Halt. Identify yourself."

"I am Ulkarr. I believe this is where the settlement of Po-Koro has resettled?"

@Harvali@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox and Navu (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

Ostrox felt as if he were going to be sick. He could point out how Mata Nui clearly couldn’t be dead, and how the fate of the universe relied on Matorankind either dying off or having their faith broken, but it was unlikely they’d listen to him. The first option had failed, and since they weren’t going to prosecute Mazor for his crimes against the universe, they clearly weren’t going to disclose the fact that their religion was a sham, so your average halfling was still going to believe in the 'benevolence' of a creature that despised the concept of anything except himself having free will.

For now, he could only humour them, and pretend to be considering their words. Which was easy, because he was. As difficult as it was to divorce the messenger from the message, even in a book of lies sometimes you find truth. Who knows? Even if they had to keep the Matoran masses ignorant - no real change there - they might stand a better chance of enduring what was coming by cooperating. The only problem now was Aurax. The usurper’s reign would be brief, yet not brief enough.

Navu didn’t know how to feel about all of this. But she’d still listen in regardless...

@Eyru@Sparticus147@Conway@Tarn@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea Shoreline, Rickshaw)

"Marvelous!" Tekmo took his seat on Knichou’s rickshaw next to Vulimai, and held on tight, as warned. "I just hope the situation back at Metru-Koro isn't too awful..."

@BULiK@Sparticus147

IC: Enra (Outskirts of Tobduk-Koro)

"Well, let’s go have a gander." Enra began leading the way towards the Ruins of Stone, and thus the village. Specifically, the part where Zadred was...

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Conway said:

"Very well," she said, nodding. "What would you suggest, then?

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro Hospital

She sat in silence for a few moments, listening to Bronk's words, before finally addressing Irna's question. "I'm not going to suggest anything. If, someday, our people want to create new settlements elsewhere, I have no objection to it, but the future is too far away for me to give a karz about right now."

She rose to her feet, turning to address those in the room. Every moment she wasted here was more time Aurax had to consolidate his power and sway people with that accursed mask of his. "Unless anyone else has any final pleas to impart, my intention is to return to Metru Nui and reveal the truth of what happened to Pridak, and how Aurax came to be in power. What happens to him after that will be in the hands of the people.... but regardless of what happens, I will do all I can to ensure the peace between these settlements is honoured." 

With that, she began to make her way towards the exit.

@Eyru @Conway @Sparticus147 @Tarn

47 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Outskirts of Tobduk-Koro)

"Well, let’s go have a gander." Enra began leading the way towards the Ruins of Stone, and thus the village. Specifically, the part where Zadred was...

IC: Xane - Outskirts of Tobduk-Koro

He trailed after Enra, tensed and ready to reach for the rifle on his back at the first sign of hostility.

@Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - Sala, Nuju

Sala remained still and Sorilax wasn’t sure how his friend was doing. For not the first time since meeting Sala, Sorilax wished his ACR had moving facial features instead of the static approximation of a Toa’s face that it did. If he could see Sala’s face, even hidden under a mask, then maybe he could interpret the silence.

Instead he was left to wonder if Sala had found his words to have any meaning. His beliefs were founded on what he saw to be absolute truths of Moral Light, but they might end up feeling devoid of meaning without his background of belief. He just wasn’t sure.

Should he offer Sala another Kraata? There were plenty of Rahi around that he could use for the Desecration. Then maybe… well. No. That would be an attempt to fix the surface issue instead of going to the core of the matter.

Sorilax didn’t wish to see his friend in distress. Sala had already gone through enough with Le-Metru Nuva and Metru-Koro. There was no need for further emotional damage.

But what could he even say?

His lack of instinctual emotional connection was hurting him. And he recognized it was so. Yet he couldn’t do anything about it.

Well, maybe he could offer his assistance? Surely it would not make things worse.

Is there anything I can do for you?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

CLANG

Viltia shaped the Kanohi, giving the mask of Quick Travel its distinctive fins.

CLANG

She was far more relaxed with this mask after her success with the first one. The protodermis was nice and malleable and the mask was coming along nicely. Soon she would need to heat it up again and switch to a smaller hammer.

CLANG

Viltia gave the mask a quick dunk in water to solidify its new, curved shape and stuck it in the forge, where it grew to a beautiful slight orange glow. Not as malleable as the first pass, but still malleable enough to refine details. She retrieved it and put it in a vice, grabbing her smaller hammer.

CLANG

The fins needed to be slightly more tapered.

CLONG

Clong?

Viltia gave the mask a once over. One of the fins was angled farther than it should have been. It… would be fine, right?

CLANG

She struck again, giving shape to the glowing metal. The mask was suddenly several inches lower in the vice.

Viltia paused, concerned with the development, but time was of the essence and so she continued.

PING

The mask disappeared from the vice, appearing a foot and a half to her left in mid air. Viltia instinctively snatched it with her gloved left hand in a display of incredible reaction time that she knew she wouldn’t have been able to replicate.

Her mouth opened in awe at the reaction and she turned to Beruv to share in the incredible moment. Beruv was at her desk, drawing up designs for numbered stencils. Inscribing the numbers on Kanoka caused them to leak energy every so slightly, so it would be best to develop a stencil system to apply inks at the moment of a disc’s creation. Beruv hadn’t been focused on Viltia at all.

Viltia was disappointed that Beruv had missed the incredible feat, but didn’t say anything. She sighed and instead put the mask back into the forge, this time to melt it down completely. She would have to start from scratch, reforge the disk, then try to mold it into a Kanohi again.

At least this process didn’t remove any power from the disk. She could mess up as much as she needed to. But it was still disappointing. She was hoping to have finished this one and then one for herself before Sidra got back. Now she wasn’t sure if she would finish this one before it grew too late and she had to break for lunch. That would set her back an hour, and then after that she should probably check in with Wing and do a round around the guard posts. After all that, if everything was fine, she could get back to work at the forge.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Mountains (7, 7)

With - Whira

Cravious gathered several materials for the forge and set them down by it. Then he moved to his desk. He set down the schematics and- He looked at them again. Okay “schematics” was a generous term. There was no sense of third dimensional form. No specifications on width or materials. Melt had shown Cravious how wide a disc should be with his hands for crying out loud!

The Skakdi of Lightning started working on his own schematics, specifying how and why he was making the decisions he was. He tweaked the shape of the disc. Melt had said they were flat with a curved outer edge, but if they were meant to be thrown, then they should have a dip in the center and then slope up to the curved edge. It would stabilize their flight paths.

Melt had also talked about purity, which wasn’t a problem for Cravious. He already had a purification system in place for when he made protosteel. Which, well, protosteel was extremely hard to make. And most everything of protosteel that he had made ended up going into the construction of the Cube.

Selling protosteel was tempting, but there was no reason to give Skakdi something to be able to damage his Cube. There were already enough powers out there that could damage it. Better to keep the knowledge of protosteel to himself. He hadn’t even taught Voracious how to make the stuff.

But with a few tweaks to his system, he should be able to apply it to the Kanoka crafting system he was designing.

Cravious spent a large part of the day planning, rearranging the area around his forge, and then shaping metallic protodermis. He could upgrade it to protosteel later if he needed to, but that would take too much time right now. Piece by piece, he created molds, attached them to his purification system, and added in machines to help assist in the creation. He spent all night doing this, along with most of the morning. The sounds of metal clanging and pistons moving and power tools working didn’t faze the Skakdi who did sleep, nor did it bother Whira, who didn’t need to sleep. Only the Nui-Jaga seemed upset, but even he eventually became used to the noise and smells and got to sleep.

Sleep. What a curious thing. Cravious figured it had to do with a body’s “organic” portions. It seemed the Heartlight needed the time to be able to build up enough excess energy to keep the body going for a stretch of time. Periods of minimal energy usage were required to do this, and so sleep existed. With his observations through his many sleepless nights, Cravious found that after two days you started suffering from being extremely tired, with sleep required on the third day or your body would start to suffer. It also seemed like a body was most healthy when it consumed one meal a day, with more meals being slightly beneficial, yet redundant.

Of course Clash argued with him about this every time he brought it up, so his employees got two meals a day and were allowed to sleep once per day. And despite Cravious’ insistence that extra meals were meaningless, somehow he always managed to make time to join them for both meals. And most nights he slept. Better to have extra energy and extra sleep than not. Not having them might cost you far more in the long run. And you never knew when you might need to sacrifice a night to stay alive or work on something important.

And Cravious was very focused on the long run. The future held the most money for him. He just needed to make it there.

Just before lunch, Cravious grabbed some black hued protodermis ore and began the melting process. His purification system hummed slightly louder than the background hum of the Cube in motion. The mold filled, settled, then opened. Cravious grabbed the disc, plunging it into water to cool it slightly, then reintroduced it into the forge. When it reached the right temperature, based on his knowledge of metallic protodermis, he removed the disc and introduced it to an oil quench, cooling off the disc rapidly in a process called hardening. It would give the disc sturdiness and rigidity.

When the disc was ready, the Cube stopped, the garage ramp opening. His hirelings set up a table outside to eat and the Nui-Jaga scampered off to find some food. They were in an open place, now far from the cliffs and valleys that had surrounded them before. The sun beat down on them in a way that was both stifling and comforting for those used to it. To their south, mighty sand dunes rose into being as the desert began. Beyond the dunes, the great Irnakk’ Tooth mountain range lay, almost hidden by the atmosphere that gave it a blue tint at this distance. There was the slightest of breezes near the rocky outcropping they had stopped near.

Cravious tested the weight of the disc in his hand, noticing the silver sheen it had, which normal metallic protodermis didn’t. And it was so smooth as well. Not perfectly, though. So there was still more to figure out there.

Well, time to test if it had worked, and what powers it might have. He hoped the black hued ore he had used was somehow tied to Shadow. But somehow he doubted it would be that easy. It generally never was. The Skakdi chucked the disc at a nearby boulder. It struck with a satisfying crack, but nothing seemed to happen.

Cravious frowned and walked over, picking up the disc. He inspected it. His mold had been perfectly crafted, but perhaps it had been in the wrong shape? Or the ore used could be wrong. Or maybe there needed to be a combination of ores? There were too many variables to consider! His mind raced with possibilities. This really was a lot of fun.

He ran his hand over the boulder. It cracked and fell apart as he touched it, parts of it even crumbling further.

A look of surprise came over him. In the background Clash was talking with everyone about The Gadunka mentioning a salvage effort for the Rig. Cravious struck the disc against another rock, unrelated to the first. When he touched it, it too fell apart. Slowly a sinister smile came over his face, though it was just his normal smile and held no ill will.

Time for lunch.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

"And I, the same," Irna said, although she did not know why. What power, what sway did she have over the people of this village? Most of them did not even know her name. But she said it, regardless, and felt the weight of that responsibility settle on her shoulders. "Good luck to you."

She glanced at Ostrox, and held back a glare.

"To you both."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Eyru @Tarn @Onaku @Sparticus147

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

Nale sighed. Thought about it for a moment. Sighed again.

"You're free to go on, not like you need permission for it. I don't think we were ever going to reach a different conclusion."

She turned to Bronk, the one who had just voiced the wish for unity between them all, and better leaders, in a touching but perhaps too-late display. "Ensure they have safe passage out of the village. Just in case." Nale then looked at the ceiling, a stream of light coming through a damaged opening. Would she regret allowing the League pair to leave? Would she regret this neutral stance she was now taking? Not unless the future eventually gave her a reason to.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Conway@Sparticus147@Onaku

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro Hospital

Iradra silently moved to escort Zaliyah and Ostrox out.

IC: Zadred - Todbuk-Koro

The diminutive Skakdi of Plantlife was in the midst of eating her bowl of grub when she noticed something off in the distance, two forms standing out among the sand and rock. Narrowing her eyes, she realised they were approaching, prompting her to look closer with her vision. What she saw upon doing so caught her off guard; a face she hadn't seen since the fall of the universe, a face she'd though she would never see again. "X-Xane?"

She hadn't even noticed herself dropping the bowl, standing up, and taking a couple steps toward them, but when she did, she doubled down on what her subconscious had started and began walking fast, then running, then frantically sprinting, almost as if this vision of her friend could fade away if she didn't reach it within some unknown amount of time. "XANE?!?!!"

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Western Zakaz

With Tekmo and Vulimai strapped in, Knichou took a moment to steady his breathing and began walking, pushing the rickshaw along. His pace quickened and soon he was jogging. A few seconds later, running. His speed increased even further, beyond conventional limits, as his Kakama propelled the group forwards at a frightening pace for such a makeshift vehicle that lacked suspension. The rickshaw rattled against the occasional bump in the dunes or rock in their path, and the passengers began desperately wishing for seatbelts or a windshield.

It wasn't hard to navigate to Metru-Koro; the skies were clear, the horizon mostly flat, and a few faint plumes of smoke could still be seen. Within a few minutes, the motley crew had reached the western gates of the village, where an exhausted Knichou lowered the handles of the rickshaw to the ground and took several moments to recover.

"Time to... see what... Sans thinks ," The Toa of Iron wheezed as the passengers disembarked.

"Lets... go to... his hut..."

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

As Knichou pulled upon the rickshaw and the landscape around them quickly dissappeared into a blur, the only thing that Vulimai could focus her attention on...was Metru-Koro. As the trio got closer, more and more devastation could be seen, as walls, houses, and streets were blasted, burned, and buried. It was a terrible and sorry display. But the largest portion of destruction that caught Vulimai's optic was the collapsed remains of what once was the Metru-Koro garrison. What was once Vulimai's shelter and source of purpose, now reduced to rubble, it was a sight that tugged at her heartlight but she held firm, for it was just a place, no more.

As the rickshaw stopped, Vulimai got off the ramshackled, yet still surprisingly sturdy, vehicle as she approached Knichou's side. "Time to...see what...Sans thinks...Lets...go to...his hut..."

Vulimai waited by Knichou, waiting for him to catch their breath before the trio continued, "Easy there Toa, we still have a Duty to do, no point in adding to the casualty report. Now come on you two." Vulimai said as she gestured for them to follow in the direction of Sans' hut.

IC: Bronk (Metru-Koro Hospital)

Bronk knew his words weren't going to immediate sway anyone and that nothing apparent was to happen because of them, but the Onu-Matoran still hoped something would come from it. As Bronk watched as the duo started to leave the building, he heard Nale speak, and heeding her words, went to follow, informing any concerned Matoran or guards that nothing was amiss and to not be worried.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Eyru @Onaku @Conway @Tarn

Is there anything I can do for you?

Looking up towards his friend, Sala, replied, and though he seemed to be better, some level of hurt could still be discerned from his voice. "No. No I'm fine. We need to get back to exploring." Getting back up to his feet, with Sorilax assisting his companion in rising to his own two feet, Sala turned towards Nuju once more. "Thank you Nuju for all that you have told us, it was...An experience. But we have still yet to fully explore these ruins. Perhaps we will assist you when we are done...Right Sorilax?" Sala said, as he glanced towards his friend before moving towards the whole where the Suva once was.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - Sala, Nuju

Sala rose and left, but his voice still carried a level of hurt. Sorilax thought about responding. His mouth opened and everything, but he thought better of it.

He still had questions for Nuju, but they would have to wait. Sala came first, and Sala wanted to explore. Sorilax bowed a goodbye to Nuju and followed his friend. As he joined Sala, he once more tried to study Avagah’s static face. There was no change, no indication of hidden thoughts. The ACR that stood half a head taller than himself secreted away Sala’s feelings just like how it dampened elemental powers brought against it.

Sala stood at the top of the steps where the Suva had been, waiting for Sorilax. Sorilax nodded to his friend, not even sure himself what the gesture meant in the moment. He paused, not sure if Sala wanted to go first, but either way, they began their descent down into the dark, with Sorilax conjuring a golden yellow light to hover above them as they descended.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Western Gate

Knichou stretched until he felt a somehow satisfying pop, then started slowly moving towards the gate.

"Yeah... I think... I think I'll walk the rest of the way."

After entering the village, Knichou was happy to see the Taku still, as far as he could tell, in one piece. It was hovering low to the ground near the center of the village, which was near where Sans's hut was, if the engineer remembered correctly. The trio walked towards the central plaza through streets in various states of disrepair, Knichou straining to find the hut of the village leader. It should be around here somewhere, right?

"Is... this the right place? I'm not exactly familiar with the streets here yet."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

2 hours ago, Onaku said:

"X-Xane?" She hadn't even noticed herself dropping the bowl, standing up, and taking a couple steps toward them, but when she did, she doubled down on what her subconscious had started and began walking fast, then running, then frantically sprinting, almost as if this vision of her friend could fade away if she didn't reach it within some unknown amount of time. "XANE?!?!!"

IC: Xane - Tobduk Koro

"Zadred?" He faltered, then chuckled, taken completely by surprise. Of all the things he'd expected to come rushing at him out of the camp, his lost companions hadn't registered on the list of possibilites. "Looks like you landed on your feet. How have you been?" 

@Onaku

• Like 2

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

Following after Knichou and accompanied by Tekmo, the trio made their way through the streets, many Matoran guard recognizing Vulimai, who Vulimai simply told to continue with their efforts as restoring the settlement. But as they made their way through the streets, Vulimai stopped as Knichou continued.

"Is... this the right place? I'm not exactly familiar with the streets here yet."

But Vulimai didn't respond. For what Knichou seemingly didn't register, was that where now laid a sizeable crater, was where one Sans hut one belonged. Stepping closer to the edges, Vulimai looked down, in hopes of finding any noticeable signs of the Turaga, but none could be found. Did...Did Sans die? Vulimai didn't know, and she couldn't be certain, for not a trace remained. But..But if Sans did die, then..Then that would leave only one person left to lead Metru-Koro, and Vulimai wasn't sure if she could handle that responsibility like she wasn't sure she could handle the responsibility of captain.

"Here...Here is where his hut would be...But, it's gone now. We need to ask around. NOW! Someone must know what happened to the old Turaga."

At the top of the stairs, Sorilax offered Sala a nod, but Sala didn't return it, let alone register it. He simply stared down. It was Sorilax who took the first steps, and the next several. But to the perceptive, anyone would have noticed that only one pair of steps were making their way down. Sala simply stared, his mind was stuck upon other thoughts.

"...Weak...Coward...Helpless...Worthless...Failure..."

All these words and more rang through Sala's head as he simply stared. Till, at last, he took a step. But not down the stairs, not after his companion Sorilax. No, it was towards Nuju. One step, two steps, three steps, from steps came strides and from the stairwell, Sala now faced Nuju and the tear. Looking down towards the Ko-Matoran, Sala simply said, his words devoid of all emotion but determination. "You say this is the difference between those who break...And those who are a hero...I suppose...I'll see which I am."

The Far Shore has offered its invitation, and Sala has answered it.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru Sala has accepted Nuju's invitation and has entered the Far Shore.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Formerly Sans's Formerly-A-Hut

Knichou cursed and turned on his armor's radio, beginning to broadcast over the Taku's frequency

"Come in, Taku. Change of plans; we're here early. Where's Sans? Where's Nale?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Triage - The Taku

Triage switched frequencies back to Knichou, surprised. "Early? How in..." 

The medic shook his head. He'd ask that question in person, now that Knichou was back in the village. But first, Triage had to get the Fe-Toa up to speed. "The Turaga's dead, Knichou," he replied. "He, uh...we lost him during the battle. Nale's...around."

@BULiK

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro

Oreius bit back a retort to Ostrox's cynical quips. He didn't need to stand here and listen to this. If the others had decided to let the Leaguers go, then he would recognize their decision. And the sooner they left, the better.

"Go, then," he said to Nale and Iradra. "I'll stay here and help rebuild. Good luck."

He moved to exit the hospital, then looked back at Zaliyah one last time. He seemed about to say something, then shook his head. He pulled the door open, flooding the room with afternoon sunlight, and left.

OOC: @everyone 

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, A Dead Man's Former Office

Knichou eyes solemnly rotated back to face Vulimai as Triage responded.

"Sans... didn't make it..."

In an attempt to keep things productive and to not dwell on the old man's death too much himself, Knichou continued to speak.

"Well... Nale should know more. Let's find her... wherever she is..."

Knichou finally began to transmit to the Taku again after a long bout of silence on the airwaves.

"Nale's 'around' where exactly?"

• Like 2

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

Taja considered Whisper's reply for awhile. The idea of having someone else living inside your body—moving your hands and feet, blinking with your eyes, speaking with your mouth... the thought was truly horrifying. She couldn't imagine ever letting anyone do that to her, and she couldn't see anyone else consenting either. It seemed Whisper's only viable goal was to find a way to make her current body live. To change her very being from antidermis into flesh and blood. That was impossible, according to the Aspect, but who knew? There were other temples and ruins, apparently. Other secrets still waiting in the corners of the island. Perhaps one would help the aspect on her journey towards life.

The texture of the swamp slowly changed as they walked. The ground grew drier underfoot. The whirring of insects and the shrieking of Rahi grew fainter as the two travelers moved out of the lush marsh. The trees became shorter and thinner. The plant life was smaller and hardier, growing out of soil that was becoming less dirt and more sand. The air itself was less humid, and for the first time in days, Taja could breathe deeply without tasting dirt and water on her tongue. They were close to the desert. Closer to home.

"So, what's our next step, then?" she asked. "After we help fortify my village and share the power we found... where will you go?"

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

"I'm unsure," she replied. "After I've done what I can for your village, perhaps I'll search out more temples, or return to the Islets to see what answers I find there."

@Eyru

• Like 1

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tobduk-Koro:

This was getting a little too chaotic. Toa, Matoran, Vahki, and.... hold on, who was this new guy?

10 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

"I am Ulkarr. I believe this is where the settlement of Po-Koro has resettled?"

Oh, well that answered that. They looked like a Toa... well, mostly. A weird looking, discolored Bo-Toa if she had to peg an element. Piercing, almost acid green eyes. And no Kanohi to speak of. And there was something about them.... it reminded her of Stannis for whatever reason. She couldn't put her finger on why, however. She would ask about it for sure, but first.... she had to respond to the Matoran leader of the village.

"Aw, I appreciate the offer, little guy, but I think you guys'll need those discs more than I will. and besides, I uh.... don't really have a way to carry 'em! No pockets or anythin', y'know?"

• Like 4

Location - Desert (7, 8)

With - Whira

Lunch was spent listening to Clash and Voracious argue about the finer points of how to knock someone out cold as fast as possible. This ended as it usually did, with the two rolling around on the ground, wrestling each other in an attempt to knock out the other one.

That afternoon, Cravious focused on what worked, the black hued ore, trying to nail down the variables. It seemed that purity controlled the power of the disc, and that there were eight stages in power. Go too impure and the disc lost power, go as pure as possible and nothing seemed to change.

And then there was a matter of allowing certain types of impurities to remain in certain levels. It seemed there were certain additional powers that were dormant until thrown. One could direct the disc in mid air and one flew farther. That’s all he could figure out in the moment, but it seemed there were more variations to discover.

After dinner, they all returned to the Cube and started on their way again.

In the midst of trying new hued ores, Cravious was searching his scrap piles for a specific part he remembered tossing away, but he couldn’t find it. Anywhere. He grilled Voracious about it, but his fellow mechanic scoffed him off. Cravious would have beaten him up then and there, but he was kind of busy.

That’s when he heard a “chit”ing noise and looked at the Nui-Jaga. It had gathered scrap to form itself a sort of nest. It sat atop it like some kind of bug king. Cravious glowered at the smug looking insect. It looked at him warily as he slowly approached.

It chittered out a warning and Cravious paused, before rapidly reaching out to grab his part. The Nui-Jaga moved to grab him. It was too fast. He tried to twist his body out of the way and- And then the Nui-Jaga moved where he had been a moment before, missing him.

Cravious backed away, slightly stunned. What? What had just happened? There was only one explanation. It had to be his Kraata power. He massaged his Kraata as he thought it over, numbly moving back to his forge. Maybe his first stage power wasn’t completely useless after all.

That evening he made discs of the red, green, and blue hued ores, though he didn’t have time to test them out. Instead he got some sleep, and awoke early the next morning to both scout out possible threats in their path and then to get back to work.

• Like 1

"Looks like you landed on your f-" Zadred very nearly tackled Xane off his feet as she sprinted into him and wrapped him in a tight hug. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she held him in a firm embrace. "I thought... I thought I'd lost you! I-I thought I'd lost everyone! Is... did anyone else... make it??"

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

IC: Ardoku - Todbuk-Koro

"... What are pockets?"

@The UltimoScorp@Harvali

• Like 2

IC: Xane - Tobduk-Koro

"I don't know," he sighed, gently hugging Zadred back, "You're the first I've found." 

@Onaku

• Like 2

IC: Ulkarr, Enra, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"They are small pouches in clothing used to hold small items on a person, for the sake of convenience." Lawful helpfully answered. Reckless did something that could only be described as a mechanical eye roll. Ulkarr had no response, merely waiting for his question to be answered.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the village… "Uh, this seems like a personal moment. Should I need to leave, or…?"

@Onaku@Harvali@The UltimoScorp@Onaku

IC: Ostrox and Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside the Village Infirmary)

Ostrox looked out at the devastation before him. Not his finest work, he’d admit. He identified the guilt he was feeling from failing to see this cesspit’s annihilation through, not from sympathy for these parasites. Certainly not. Absolutely not. The very idea was ridiculous.

Seeing the purple smiling one come out, Navu quickly scampered off to the other side of the building.

Hearing the sound of sand shuffling, Ostrox’s head snapped towards the source of the sound, but it was already gone.

Ridiculous...

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Sparticus147

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Remains of Sans’s Hut)

The Turaga was dead? A bizarre turn of fortune, one Tekmo didn’t know how to feel about.

The rule in the Toa Code against killing was, as he knew by now, one that only applied when it was convenient. In war, it was necessary to kill in order to win, or even to survive. Besides, the forces of the League deserved it. But killing them was a necessary evil. But they deserved it. But it was an evil. But they deserved it. But it was an evil-

He shook his head rapidly, as if to shake off this dissonant feeling.

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 2

"Oh... I see..." Zadred held the hug for a few more seconds before stepping back with a sigh, looking up at Xane with a tearful smile. "Uh, this seems like a personal moment. Should I need to leave, or... ?"

The diminutive Bo-Skakdi turned to the stranger as if she'd forgotten she was there. "Oh, hello! Sorry. I uh, I see you've made a friend here." She said, glancing back to Xane approvingly before turning to Enra again. "I'm Zadred. Who might you be?"

@Toru Nui@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum

Any other being might be surprised by their boss asking if they had a spare brain of their species lying around. "Bring me a spare Matoran skull" has a rather macabre ring to it. But the Vahki showed neither surprise nor offense. It just bowed its head slightly in acknowledgment, gears whirring.

"As you wish, Barraki Aurax."

With that, it left the room. The doors slid silently shut, leaving Aurax and Saybo to their machinations.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Kal the Guardian

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp Outskirts

"I see," the Toa replied. She wondered what the Aspect would find. The secret they had uncovered in the ruined jungle temple was a dark and unsettling knowledge, something she never could have predicted they would discover. What other arcane mysteries were hidden across the island? Taja found herself half-wishing to stay by Whisper's side. She knew her duty was to her people, but the call of adventure was tugging at her like it never had before.

"The Islets," she said. "How long has it since you've been there? Been... home?"

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

"Not so long. I was there when I saw the skull of your god fall from the sky," she replied. "But much has changed since then."

@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Druu - Metru-Koro

"Your Turaga didn't make it, huh? That's a shame. Village looks alright for getting bombed, though." A deep rumbling voice came from behind Knichou and company, and were they to turn around, they'd see the large maroon form of the Ta-Skakdi they'd seen on the ship earlier, bandaged up and looking rough but carrying himself with confidence none the less.

@Toru Nui@BULiK@Sparticus147 

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Knichou's head snapped around in surprise to give a glare at the massive skakdi that just announced his presence. Knichou didn't like being snuck up on, but that, the stress of the battle, and the news he just received weren't the only things that made his temper flare up.

'Your' Turaga?

Was this a dissident? A native marauder? A Leaguer? Or just someone looking for trouble?

"I would say that you look alright for someone who's popping in uninvited to disrespect our fallen leader and war hero, but first of all, you don't look too alright to begin with, and second of all, you'll be looking decidedly less alright if you don't stop trying to make small talk and start minding your own business real quick."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

The old man rested uncomfortably on the chair Barius had laid him on and giddily chuckled mirthlessly at his uncomfortable position. After a moment, as Gore had begun to announce the feast in session and everyone's attention was drawn to the nearly-unknown sojourning chef d'arte, Stannis seemed to almost slither himself to an upright sitting position, wriggling with snakelike poise and flexibility that defied his aged dignity, though that couldn't have been truly what had happened, could it? His cloak was voluminous as it was worn and it shrouded most of the efforts, though through two large gashes in the front and back the Wanderer's grey and brown body could indeed be made out to coil and then settle in the seat properly. He looked around, almost in bewilderment at the vastly different setting he found himself in, and then laughed loudly again at absolutely nothing at all, and then he sat in silence, staring at his plates, smiling.

For what was a long while in his mind, Stannis looked down at the table setting and imagined it as things that it was not. His silvery eyes had seen unquantifiable amount of things in their time, wonders and edifices made by matoran and gods alike, technologies unfathomable to anyone short of the endlessly talented or insane, tragedies and expressions of anguished pain best confined to all but the rarest of history books, and phenomenon that defied explanations but for the magical, and across the table laden with mundane dishes and foodstuffs he saw it all spring back to life in miniature form all over again. Stannis sat watching the histories and accomplishments unfold like children's storybook fables bursting into three dimensions with the flicking of the pages, a busy recycling of what he'd witnessed as related by the chaos on the table. His mind had not yet even processed that it was truly food yet, too caught up in the hallucinations of a brain too full of rampant chaos, until Gore came to his setting and filled his bowl with brown stuff.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:46 PM, Sparticus147 said:

As Barius and those with him tore into the Gukko, Gore took out a small bowl and ladel from the pot beneath the Gukko, and walking around the table, placed it in front of the Toa Stannis, who at this point had finally uprighted himself. Looking down into the bowl, one would find a stew consisting of various root vegetables soaked and drowning in a steamy brown broth, chunks of Kikanalo meat, once intended to be made into jerky, now seasoned and quenched in the bowl, the aroma rich in strong spices and a drop of...Something, a sauce of indeterminate nature but...Potentially familiar to the Toa. And as Stannis took in the sight, Gore spoke to him in a much softer tone than he had been speaking in. 

Without thinking much of it he seized the spoon and ladled the stew to his mouth in haste and his senses instantly detected the familiar. The stuff placed before him smelled like stew, had the consistency of stew, and arguably looked like stew, but the flavor... was sweet and peppery like those chocolate-covered spice cookies from Nuremberg the wizard prized so much. He closed his eyes, enjoying the taste of his favorite desert and trying to ignore the fact that everything else indicated it was something else, but the defiance against the illusion would not last long. 

"Hey there Stannis, I don't think you'd recognize me, it's been literal ages since we met. But, I'm sure you would remember my mother's cookin', exact same stew, broth and all. Go on, take a sip, got plenty of it." And with a sincere smile, Gore eagerly waited to here the wise words of praise of Stannis, Toa of the Maru, on what Gore saw as his best meal in the hall.

His mind coalesced around a memory from long ago and a supper taken in the company of a caravansary on a matoran continent. It had been a rare moment of reprieve and kindness in a world rife with sacrificial deaths and torments, and the caravansary had taken him in for the night with joy and generosity in their hearts. They didn't seem to think of Stannis as a warmage, an old Hagah, or even as the Wanderer—or even a stranger—he was given every ounce of hospitality they could, and in exchange they only asked for his stories to entertain their children and elderly alike. He remembered that he'd given away his bowl of stew to a little skaklet after dinner, knowing they had shared a rationed commodity to him that he neither deserved or they could afford. Stannis made no mentions of the horrors he'd committed earlier that same day, or the lives he'd taken, or the incredibly flight he'd taken that left his body hungry and weary. 

There was no stigma between their parties then, both deciding to only see the bright sides of the other. The Skakdi, vagrants without purpose and scorned by those they met as bad people from a warlike land, had done good to Stannis; and he, in turn had spread word of their deeds wherever he'd wandered in hopes of granting them a measure of the solace they gave him in a time of his need. It seemed, he considered, that he had been successful. Slowly, Stannis shifted his head towards Gore and while he didn't recognize the Skakdi by his voice or appearance, he did purely by his story

Stannis cupped his hands around the barely-touched bowl of stew and gently picked it up from the table. He passed it to Gore, holding it aloft like the most precious of decorated eggshells. His eyes were alight in reminiscence, pleading for a confirmation that this was indeed the same person he wanted it to be and staging a reenactment to be sure of his suspicions. "Here, boy," he said in a genteel tone that matched Gore's that repeat what he'd said eons before, "it's a harsh world out there, and you need to eat if you are to survive."

• Like 1

IC: ??? | Fortress Ruins

Darkness.

Then light.

Axxon opened his eyes.

The world was a smear of colour. His eyes struggled to focus. His chest heaved like this was his first breath in a long time. His fingers scrabbled at the dirt. He pushed against the ground. He sat up, breathing hard, and looked around, blinking away his bleariness. His surroundings slowly swam into focus. The blackened ground. The rippling lake. The overcast sky.

It was only then that he noticed the pain was gone. The agony that had defied description. The suffering that had pervaded every cell of his body. It was gone, and the absence was like the silence that follows noise. So quiet as to be loud. The relief washed over him like a wave, and his eyes welled up with tears. The curse of the Great Disks was broken. But how? He remembered standing guard over the Forgemaster as he brought the disks into being. Each blow of the hammer had reverberated through his very soul. The disks, he recalled, were beyond anything he had ever seen. He could sense their power from across the room. Nothing could stand against them.

So how was he alive? How was he free from the torment of an endless death? His memory was slowly returning—he remembered the thieves at the Forge of the Heartflame. The duel with the Toa of Water. The journey through time itself, and the ensuing battle on the shores of this silver lake. He remembered plunging beneath the waves, and the torture of the ensuing transformation. His body changed, piston and flesh warping into something alien. He had emerged changed, yet the same. Still Axxon, yet something more.

And then the Disks...

He retched, but there was nothing in his stomach. Even the memory was nauseating. It had felt like he was dying a thousand deaths at once. He had felt the pain of a blade in his stomach; of being consumed by fire; of drowning in saltwater; of being cut in two; of acid eating at his flesh; of insects burrowing under his skin; of a thirst that could not be satisfied; of desperate suffocation; of the frigid vacuum of space; of succumbing to a burning poison in his veins, and a hundred hundred other deaths. 

One would think the sheer immensity of pain would quickly overwhelm him and send his body into shock, but it was not so. The curse of the Great Disks could not be escaped so easily. Each new death brought with it a new capacity for the perception of pain. There was no cessation, no moment to catch his breath: the agonies overlapped each other with cruel precision. Burning into breaking into bleeding. An infinity of pain that would never cease.

He pulled himself from the horrific memory. Strength was quickly returning to his body, and he managed to stagger to his feet. His axe lay on the ground, different than he remembered. As he reached for it, he caught sight of his own hand and realized it was different too. His whole body felt different after his swim in the silver lake. Some foul perversion of protodermis had done this. But, absent the pain, he felt stronger than ever. And that begged the question once more: how?

He hefted his axe and turned around, then jumped back in surprise, almost falling back to the ground. A statue stood before him, carved in a curious stance. One hand was raised to the sky, its jagged fingers clawing for something far out of reach. The other reached towards the place he had lain only moments ago, as if imparting a blessing.

Upon closer inspection, he realized it was no statue: it was armour. A suit of black armour, so dark that it seemed to absorb the light that fell upon it, making its exact shape difficult to discern. Its cracks and grooves were threaded with mosses and lichens. A glance through the open face of the helmet revealed that the armour was indeed empty. It had not been worn by a being of flesh and blood in some time. In fact, he was surprised it still held together. The closer he looked, the more cracks he saw. It seemed held together by sheer force of will, like even a breath of wind would blow it away.

As if on cue, bits of the metal began to flake off and blow away. Little clouds of dust drifted down from its surface. The armour creaked, then suddenly toppled to the ground as its joints gave way. The impact was too much for the ancient metal. It dissolved, the metal mixing with the black sand. In a moment, the old suit of armour was little more than a heap of dust.

Axxon blinked in confusion, and then the final memory came rushing back like a bucketful of icy water poured over his head. The Aspect. The promise. The reaching hand. The odd, choking, strangely familiar voice. And the name...

Tuakana.

At the sound of their name, a presence manifested in the back of his mind. Like a dark storm cloud twisting in an unseen wind. He saw, or thought he saw, a face in the roiling shadows. It had neither eyes nor mouth, but it seemed to smile at him. He felt the smile more than he saw it. The darkness pressed at the back of his eyes, and he felt it slip into his own skin like it was putting on a jacket. He felt himself drifting back into his own brain as the darkness assumed control. It wrapped itself around his bones, and he felt his own lips open without his permission, and his voice spoke but he did not recognize the words.

"I am here," his mouth said. Then it grinned, and he felt the cool wind on his teeth. 

"I am here."

• Like 6

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi flinched as Ulkarr spoke up. The words of Stannis suddenly flashed in his head, that Ulkarr was not to be trusted. But then, the ignorant Matoran thought again. Stannis, he was a great hero. And he had believed the Aspects were evil. He warned him about Ulkarr. And Bode likely had sacrificed a Matoran to Ulkarr. He might have condoned murder, maybe even encouraged it 

But Ulkarr, well, he thought to protect that Ga-Matoran, he had traveled with Kanohi, Nale, and the others to try to rescue her. And, maybe Kanohi was overcompensating for his ignorance, but he had blindly trusted Matoran doctrine before. And that doctrine, that theMatoran were chosen, it had led to things like the Vahki killing Kilo’s people. Maybe killing other breeds.

And S-S-Stannis, he was a great hero, he was, but he was very religious. And well, Kanohi had learned that Toa were not exactly perfect. And if Matoran religion was inherently bigoted…

He … the murder was wrong. There was no ignoring that. But, he did not know all the facts. He could not afford to be rash. Especially since Ulkarr could bring shadows to life, it would be foolhardy to start a fight. Too many could get hurt.

Curse this ill-fitting duty.

U-Ulkarr,” Kanohi managed, drawing his Kiril Staff and planting it in the ground, using it as a cane to keep him steady. He swallowed, leaning heavily on his staff, before continuing, “I am sorry. Th-this is indeed the village that the survivors of Po-Koro formed. I am … on behalf of the v-village, thank you for helping us rescue that M-Matoran, and for helping us deal with the Muaka. I … Karzahni.

The cross-wired Matoran did not like cursing, he rarely did it. But the stress of this social interaction was rough. Finally he said, “Ulkarr, I have heard rumors about a m-murder that happened in Po-Koro. That a De-Matoran n-named Bode might have killed another Matoran. A mortally wounded Le-Matoran, but one that m-might have been able to be saved. There was a powerful healer in the village at the time, she could have saved the Matoran. And I also hear that y-you might be involved, and that Bode gained some sort of power over her death. I … I do know at least that he can create plants now.

Kanohi sighed, “But all I know are r-rumors. I was g-going to ask Bode when you just arrived, I haven’t heard his words. And I … my ignorance is a swamp. So, if you can, can you please tell me know you know of the e-event? I-if you are worried for yourself and Bode, you can talk freely. There has been too much death, too few of us are left, and as long as I am in charge of Tobruk-Koro, neither of you will be in danger of execution. Even if we had the strength to do it. I swear on the remaining Matoran. N-no, on the survivors of the old universe. Sorry, I am still learning. It’s just … I have to prevent more deaths, I have a duty.

He sighed, “I do not know what to do to be honest. Just what I cannot do, and that I have to do something. I am sorry if I am worrying you, it’s just, too many are dead. I c-can’t just ignore a murder.

OOC:  @The UltimoScorp @Toru Nui @Onaku I’m not sure if Ulkarr knew there was a powerful healer in the village during the pact, so he might have that as an excuse. 

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ulkarr, Enra, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

If Ulkarr was in any way worried, he didn’t show it. "Murder is an inaccurate descriptor. The one called Ramaka outright demanded that her suffering be ended. A tragedy, to be certain, but what manner of power could have saved her, precisely? All methods that I know of were presently unavailable. Bode merely salvaged the best he could out of an unfortunate situation."

Lawful began to calculate whether or not this constituted as a confession. Reckless was waiting for the order to arrest this entity, even if it seemed like the Akiri wouldn't give it.

Meanwhile… "I’m Enra. Zadred, was it? Well…" She turned to Xane. "I did say we might find some of your friends along the way, eh?" Trying to make it sound as if she had forseen this turn of events.

@Harvali@The UltimoScorp@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Remains of Sans’s Hut)

'War hero'? Odd choice of words. Were they not conspiring to remove him from office just five minutes ago?

"Come now, captain. This man aided us aboard the enemy vessel. Surely, there’s no reason we can’t be civil about this."

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Onaku

• Like 2

IC: Xane - Tobduk Koro

"That you did," he nodded, then turned back to Zadred. "How long has this settlement been here for? It looks new."

@Onaku

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

Burdened by regrets and spurred on by conviction, the Hordika swiftly made her way out of the village, radioing the vahki to join her on the outskirts with the equipment salvaged from the Razorfish. She'd never intended to leave the artillery weapon behind, but now she had more reason to do so beyond just returning it to Ehlek. 

While she waited for the enforcers to arrive, she glanced at Ostrox. He'd demonstrated his loyalty to the League without question, his scars and spite a testament to his resolve. Right now, he was the only one of her comrades aside from perhaps Poroka, if he still lived, that she felt sure she could still trust. 

"I didn't really ask... are you on board with challenging Aurax?" She asked him. "We don't know what we might be walking into." 

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Location - Desert (7, 8)

With -  Whira

Okay, so the red hued ore ended up making a disc that rearranged the cellular structure of… well of sand at least. There wasn’t much else to test it on in the desert except for his own tools or weapons, and that didn’t sound very cost effective.

The blue hued ore created ice, freezing what it struck. Clash ground some of the ice up and added flavoring to it and they all had a nice dessert. It was refreshing. Cravious was reminded of Gore Fury and he wondered how the Metru-Nui Skakdi was doing. Hopefully he had found a place to start that business of his. Cravious’ delivery people needed a place to actually deliver to, then the money could start flowing in.

The green hued ore didn’t seem to do anything. It was disappointing, but understandable. The powers of Kanoka could be any number of things. There could even be a time delay.

Well, they didn’t have time to stick around and see. They moved further south, avoiding sand worms and the other dangers in the desert. The sun beat down once again, but the Cube had air conditioning running to keep the interior at an even temperature. This day they didn’t stop to eat lunch, instead consuming as they went.

Cravious moved on to hued protodermis ore combinations, his mountainous pile of newly procured ore scarcely dwindling. He had 6 more discs by the time dinner rolled around. 4 of them were silver, spray painted to distinguish between them, 1 was red, and 1 was black.

He had been surprised at that. He never expected a combination to change the color of the disc. It was fascinating. Hopefully the black one would be Shadow.

After dinner was had, the Nui-Jaga rushed off into the dunes to get his own. Irnakk only knew what disgusting thing the giant insect would find to eat out there.

The sun was dipping down in the sky as Cravious found a good spot to test his new disks. There was no breeze, so the air was still. Sound almost seemed muffled. He could tell there was no moisture in the air.

The first disc, a combination of blue and green, enlarged whatever it hit. That was really interesting. It presented a ton of amazing opportunities for savings. Make a miniature weapon, then enlarge it. He hypothesized that if you adjusted the design for the added weight once it grew, it would save a ton on ores and other materials. There could be drawbacks, however. Did it add more atoms to the object? Or was it now weaker? Was it heavier than normal? He would have to find out.

The next disc, a combination of red and green, shrunk the things it struck. Cravious immediately thought of using it on Clash, but held himself back. Maybe later.

The third disc, a combination of red and black, also didn’t seem to do anything. So that was two discs so far that had no immediately apparent powers. He would need to develop a system to better test the Kanoka.

The fourth disc, blue and black, made whatever it struck disappear. There were several options there. The sand didn’t become invisible, so either it was destroyed or teleported somewhere. And Cravious wasn’t about to test it on himself. He would have to make a weaker one and see if it was teleportation or something far more deadly.

The red disc, made of red and blue hued ore, erupted in a scorching blast of flame that sent Cravious scrambling. Once he deemed himself safe, he crunched on glass as he walked to retrieve the disc. Fire. He was getting closer to Shadow with this revelation. He just knew it.

Now farther away, Cravious made sure he was out of range of the black disc’s power. The black disc, a combination of black and green ores, created a mound of the freshest and most nutrient dense earth he had ever seen. It smelled amazing. Though it did seem to quickly dry out in the hot sun. Cravious was slightly confused that the black disc hadn’t been Shadow, but Earth also made sense with the coloring, so he begrudgingly accepted it.

But Fire and Earth let him know an important insight. There were more elemental discs that could be made. And if there was a pattern to all this, then there would be eight elements he would ultimately find, just like he had found eight other powers. The other eight elements were probably just mergings of the first eight.

That night, as they continued their journey, he tried various levels of one ore over another, but ultimately he found he had to add a third hued ore into the mix to finally get more variations. He couldn’t wait to try them out.

They were now halfway to Irnakk’s Tooth. His, and Whira’s, continued growth in power moved ever closer.

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Knichou shot Tekmo a confused look.

"First of all: what? Second of all: Commander. Third of all: what?"

• Like 1