Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp Outskirts

"Yes," she said softly. "It has."

If there was one thing Taja could agree on, it was that things had changed. Two weeks ago, she had been a Matoran academic living in the most advanced city in the universe. Since then, she had found a Great Disk, become a Toa, witnessed the end of the world, changed her element, and set off across a hostile land on a quest for knowledge. Saying much has changed was accurate, but it seemed to fall short of expressing just how different things were. Maybe it would be better to say everything had changed.

"So," she said at last. "Are all of your kind so... different from each other? The Aspect we met in the ruins was as similar to you as a Tarakava is to me."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

"We chose our own forms. I've met some who look like beasts, some who look like Skakdi or Toa, and some who... don't really look like anything at all." 

@Eyru

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp Outskirts

"One of the first things I ever saw was a pair of Lohrok fighting in the swamp," she replied. "At the time I mistook them for one creature, and decided to base my shell on that."

@Eyru

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

For his part, Barius was consumed with the consumption of the various dishes which Gore had placed before him. The only response he gave to anyone was to Parnassus, to whom he could speak without needing to leave his mouth unfilled with food for any period of time. This is amazing, he agreed. This food is enough to make a man weep. I don't know how he did it, but the bird tastes like chocolate, and the vegetables taste like fruit pies.

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

IC: Morangad - Le-Metru Nuva

Morangad inhaled and shifted as Apex finally spoke, as if waking from a standing, open-eyed slumber. He took a few moments to mull over the question, hand drifting to his mask as he did. The surface of it felt colder than usual, and the power emanating from it seemed harsher-- and greater. "It feels... uncomfortable," he said. "But, so does a fresh garment or a newly-crafted tool, 'til one becomes accustomed to it. More importantly, it feels quite powerful, and I am satisfied with it."

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

He cocked his head, as he started to walk towards the exit. "Yeah, I think I've seen what you're talking about as well." Although, it had been at his back for much of his westward journey, he had nonetheless caught glimpses of the floating structure whenever he had stopped to take stock of his surroundings. The glinting sphere had seemed like little more than a mirage, and he might have thought it as much, were it not for its constant presence in the same location. "But wait. If that's... Locus Abeo, or whatever he called it, how in the world does that Toa intend to get there?"

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice

"Sadly, each temple was created with the intention of only a single use when the time was right. Toa Kopaka did not err from that agreement when he made these challenges, nor did the others. If a choice must be made, you both seem worthy for you both meet the prerequisites. I am unable to determine this outcome. I am the Administrator, not the Arbiter. A decision must be made by you three."

Faced with such a choice, what would Sidra, Leklo, and Ultann choose? 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @Nato the TravelerTravelerTravelerTTraTravelTravelerTrav@The Captain

It won't let me delete the extra travelers

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Happy chat.

IC Leklo | Ice Temple Ruins

The former alpinist held his disc dangerously close to the waiting claws of the door mechanism, still utterly sure he needed to press it in and receive whatever 'boon' awaited. Would it bring back Metru Nui? Return Korruhn? Suddenly make everything right again? Definitely not, but he couldn't help but hope that maybe it would make his life meaningful once more. Still he longed for a purpose more than anything, a reason to be a toa at all. Despite his inward conviction, however, he hesitated. 

"Sidra," he started to ask, even more sincere than before. His breath billowed into puffs of steam in the cold confines, one small pocket between the syllables of his slow and careful speech pattern. "What brought you here?" It wasn't accusatory, nor did he directly ask why she was there; he was less interested in her intentions than her motivations and her journey to the temple again.

The place and the NUVA promise within it seemed to have magnetically drawn them near to it again, and because of that Leklo wisely wasn't in the least curious about the differences he had with the former Dark Hunter—no, he was much more fascinated in the potential similarities instead. 

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

She sighed as the Administrator spoke, giving exactly the answer she’d dreaded. She’d been hoping for a chance to plead her case, perhaps persuade the Administrator to take her side, but if this was how things were going to play out, then two Toa were never going to make a decision that was to her benefit. 

But if her strange conversation with a tower-sized reptile had taught her anything, it was that there was no shame in at least attempting the diplomatic route before getting stab-happy. Still, Leklo's question caught her off-guard. Now he suddenly wanted to get to know her?

"Why am I here?" She repeated, smirking at the question, "Because I'm tired of being ordered around, and tired of being told the world is a certain way," she glanced at the Kanoka in her hand, "I wanted to accomplish something, earn something, for myself." 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC Leklo | Ice Temple Ruins

"No," he asserted, still frozen in place, and shook his head. Was Sidra deaf? he thought. "What brought you here?" he asked again, more forcefully, earnestly wanting to know more about her plights and tribulations. She didn't look unscathed, she looked like she had seen a hellscape and lived to tell it, and there was any number of things that could have affected her on this land called Zakaz. 

Perhaps she needed to be given a different olive branch. "Tell me. Who you are now."

• Like 2

"What do you want, my karzing autobiography?" She snapped, already growing tired of the cryptic interrogation. "We're not friends, we're..." she almost went as far as saying enemies before deciding better of it, "...competitors. I don't owe you any explanations, and I doubt there's anything I could say that would convince you to walk away now that you've come this far." 

@EmperorWhenua.

• Like 2

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

Leklo narrowed his eyes at her. As with him, he could feel the anger and desperation in her tone, suggesting that one similarity they shared was a desire to see this challenge through, though they were different in why they wanted it done. Leklo wanted purpose; Sidra wanted power—or so it seemed. 

This island,” he said, carefully and slowly, “changes people. I’ve had hope for you, Sidra, and I ask what I ask because if we are the ‘competitors’ you say, I wonder if my conscience would tolerate me seizing the boon away from someone who could be just as worthy as myself. So, I ask, what has changed?” 

What are the chances of that? he wondered. Fifty-fifty. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"She was in excruciating pain due to injuries received during a Skakdi raid on Po-Koro. Clearly, she could not wait for this supposed 'healer' to arrive."

"Are there any witnesses who can corroborate your claim?"

"Bode."

"Aside from the suspect."

"Unless Ramaka returns to us, no."

"How convenient."

@The UltimoScorp@Harvali@Onaku

IC: Ostrox (Outskirts of Metru-Koro)

"Perhaps. But the opportunity to back out was all the way back at the recruiting office." Ostrox paused for a bit before adding an addendum. "You must understand that I didn’t tell you about Mazor and Mata Nui earlier because… well, I feared your resolve would shatter. I’m glad to be proven wrong, though."

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Remains of Sans’s Hut)

Tekmo stared incredulously at Knichou for a second before regaining his composure. "First of all, he was on the ship we boarded, though perhaps he was rather forgettable compared to the four-armed fellow with a limited grasp of the Matoran language who turned into a giant. Second of all, I thought that was a joke. You cannot promote yourself, that’s not how it works! Third of all, refer to the first."

@BULiK@Onaku@Sparticus147

IC: Buggy (Outskirts of Tobduk-Koro)

Patrolling the boundary of Tobduk-Koro, NU-8025S - or Buggy - chattered mindlessly to himself.

"Traveller - Traveller - T - Tra - Travel - Traveller - Trav-"

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Knichou blinked, processing this reveal. What?

"I was semi-serious, but we can deal with this later."

The tense Toa of iron turned back to the skakdi.

"So you're League, huh? That explains some things. Are you coming here to surrender?"

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

"So you're League, huh? That explains some things. Are you coming here to surrender?"

"Or, are you here to get away from the League? You were fighting against the soldiers who were aboard the ship when we boarded, so that raises the question, whose side are you on and why is it not the Leagues?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku @BULiK

IC: Apex (The Fau Swamp)

"That...Is good to hear. I was...Concerned what your response would be, for I was unsure entirely what was to occur, even though I was instilled with the knowledge of its outcome. Even now, this worm..." Apex gestured to the serpent that was now curled around her shoulder with her lesser pair of claws, "...Though born from my essence..Still bears the taint of shadow, as such to bring chills throughout my form..."

Apex looked towards Morangad and tilted her head, as if mulling a question while also waiting for a response. "I am curious...What is your opinion upon shadow, upon myself and my nature. Speak your mind, do not be afraid of reprisal, for I am not so easily injured by words that those amongst their little villages are."

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Gore Fury & Drukarus (Fort Nektann, Kitchen)

Gore let out a bellowing laugh before wrapping his arm around Stannis and giving him a little shake, "Ahahahah! There ya go old timer, glad to know that my Ma's cookin' had that much of an impact! Honestly, it's quite the coincidence that both of found our way out here in the wastes in this here fort."

~~~

Following the sounds of cheers and raucous celebration, Drukarus followed by Grime reached the mess hall and entered the chamber. Looking around, the play was a mess of chaos as Skakdi tore into food and many were engaging in light amounts of roughhousing, enough to get the point across but not yet enough to cause an outright brawl.

Stepping amongst the crowd, deliberately trying to not get dragged in, Drukarus soon found and approached the table where Barius, alongside his company were seated, though the addition of another Skakdi was of interest, but not enough to be made were investigation. Reaching the far right end of the table, Drukarus took his seat, balancing his maul on the wall and keeping his gauntleted hand in his lap as he began to dig in, far less vigorously though.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Burnmad @Conway @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

So this was whoever betrayed the league. Knichou became visibly less tense, although he still eyed the newcomer with suspicion. He wasn't immediately sure what part of Druu's statements to ask about next, so instead he quickly responded to Druu's question.

"No."

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

Viltia was fairly certain she had figured out the problem. The fins of the Quick Travel mask she had tried to make were too thin, that’s why they had bent. So she made sure they were a little bit thicker than last time as she carved out their shape with her hammer.

This time things flowed much easier and she lost herself in her focus of the task. Her tethers started to wave around her, reminiscent of seaweed caught in an ocean current. They grew slightly longer but remained out of her way. Her hammer arm swung with precision and tempered force.

There were no cracks, no teleporting mask. By the time she was finished, the mask still had that silver shine instead of dullness. She doused it in water to rapidly cool it and then set it aside to cool fully and settle into itself.

The swamp occupied her mind as she rearranged her tools, then she focused once more and started work on a Kanoka of Removes Poison. She melted down the ore, making sure it mixed smoothly. Then she put it through the Metru designation filter. After that, it went through the second filter, removing most of the impurities. No disc was truly without impurities, as certain levels and types created the Metru variations, but the less impurities, the higher level of the disc. The proper amounts of hued ores was also a factor, but less of one.

When the disc seemed settled and at the perfect mixture, according to her now highly trained optics, she doused it in water, now letting it settle fully while she picked up her mask of Quick Travel. There still was that slight silvery glint as a nearby lightstone hit it.

She swapped it for her own, hating the momentary weakness and almost complete cut off from her element. The power of the new mask was there in her mind, waiting to be called upon. She had done it! But she wanted to test it anyway. With a thought, she was standing on the other side of the forging hut. She couldn’t help but to smile. Just a short while ago, her life held only plants, then suffering. Now, her life had a new friend and a new skill. And now both her gardening and her Kanoka and Kanohi making benefitted the village immensely.

And who knew, if Spark got the Kanohi machine backpacks working, maybe they could start safely trading with other villages, if they even still were around. Viltia remembered some northern village from Nektann’s memories, and then Sorilax had mentioned some place called Metru-Koro to the northwest. If they were still there and willing to trade, Viltia had no doubt her masks would help out many others against the dangers of this island.

Viltia replaced her old mask and bid Beruv farewell for now. It was almost time for lunch, but not quite yet, and she wanted to get Spark this new mask. As she stepped outside the hut, the sticky, smothering humidity of the swamp was a refreshing winter breeze to her. It really was hot in there, even though she had spent so long getting used to it. Lunch would do her well to refresh her body for more work later.

She found Spark in his hut, several projects strewn around the room. He was holding one of the metal backpacks, looking confused, and talking rapidly with Match. Match pointed at something in the metal backpack. Its back was taken off and the wiring and chips were exposed. There was a fake Toa head inside, which was kind of creepy, that everything was wired to.

Spark noticed Viltia and motioned her over, “Hey, Viltia, did you mess with my backpack?

Viltia shook her head no, intrigued.

Spark narrowed his optics, “Well somebody did, and I’m still trying to figure out who and why. But, well… Match, tell her.

The yellow and red Matoran nodded at the backpack and gave her a thumbs up.

Spark nodded emphatically, “Exactly! I just need to set up the shoulder mounted laser guidance system and this Kanohi machine should work! Some genius did some technical things I never would have thought to try.” Spark paused, staring into blank space for a moment, “Well okay I might have tried them eventually. I’m pretty great at figuring stuff out. But this saves me a ton of work and helps me better understand what makes a Kanohi machine even work!

His arms waved about as he explained, with Match nodding at certain parts. He finally wound down after a bit, “So it all comes down to this. The basis is the mind and how it’s programmed. That’s what a Kanohi needs to be powered. That’s why Skakdi and others can’t use Kanohi, they’re programmed differently.

You need to trick the Kanohi into thinking it’s interfacing with the correctly programmed mind. Once you do that, you’ve figured it out. But unfortunately that’s the hard part. Like, really super mega hard.

Spark motioned to the brainless, fake Toa head and the processing chip wired into it, “I’ve been reading through this chip’s code, and I’m barely able to figure out the basics of why this works. But whoever gifted me this and added some other unique parts gave me a gold mine.

I’m pretty sure it turns out that you need to create a single mental command that is always ready to be activated. Then you turn it on, the command connects and the Kanohi activates. It’s ingenious! And with how this code is written, I should be able to change commands for other machines. This is great.

Of course, this is still for only single use. Say we wanted to create a Kanohi of Shielding to protect the village. That would require some major modifications and rare metals. But with this, I’m certain I could figure it out!

Viltia held up the completed mask of Quick Travel.

Spark’s optics went wide and he swiped the mask from her hand. He started rapid fire talking with Match about finishing making a high powered and far reaching laser. Match motioned in the vague direction of the forge and Spark nodded so slightly and quickly that Viltia almost missed it. Spark inserted the Kanohi onto the fake face and closed up the metal backpack, picking it up and scrambling out of the hut, with Match close behind.

Viltia just smiled and went to lunch.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Desert (7, 9)

With - Whira

An object of immense weight and silvery sheen reflected the intense light of the sun. It was constantly moving, causing the light to shift and shimmer. It left in its wake two deep tread tracks that only confirmed the mass of the vehicle. It was a solid block of protosteel, unlike anything the Skakdi of the island had seen prior to its creator himself being created. While other vehicles might roar with power or emit noxious fumes, this one brought only the sounds of its treads as they rode along their designed course.

Inside the Cube, Cravious turned off his X-Ray and Telescopic Vision. They were safe for the time being as they journeyed. He would check again soon enough. No need to be forced to fight a needless battle and slow their progress.

Cravious sighed as he plopped down onto a rung of a stepladder he had set up. He massaged his Kraata once more. It was weird to feel. It was all “organic” protodermis muscle, with no mechanical parts. It was soft and seemed full of power, as if it were still the Heartlight that had created it. It lay nestled in his frills, a spot for a future friend waiting next to it. Cravious doubted this “Zak-Yak” would ever get him a sentient Heartlight before he actually needed it. He would probably have to do it himself. No doubt he could find someone else who had failed to fulfill their contract.

Lifting up his bad foot, he inspected it again. His muscle had barely regrown since the last time he had checked. He tried to ignore the injury, and the artificial foot he made worked well enough, but it just wasn’t the same. And that made him angry. Angry at himself for not being powerful enough to avoid the injury, but certainly not angry about getting into the fight. Oh, no. Never about that. He had just unfortunately not studied the special power of the Skakdi he had tussled with.

It also made him angry every time he put his foot down and it ended up being awkward. Every time it happened, it fueled his want for a second Kraata. No, he didn’t just want one, he needed one. And once he got it, injuries would never be a problem again.

Standing up, he moved back to his forge, the various addons and adjustments causing the area to look like a plumber had gone haywire, adding pipes and valves everywhere he could just for fun. Many of them seemed to dead end or lead to useless places. Various knobs and valves were scattered haphazardly around, with a couple cables attaching to it all and providing power. But everything had a purpose, and with his Improbable Machine, it held a purpose no other Skakdi could achieve.

He looked at the discs he had created the night before. They were colored green, blue, brown, and white. Based on the discs of Fire and Earth he had tested out the day before, he guessed the discs on his workbench would end up being Air, Water, Stone, and Ice. He would test them out when they stopped for lunch, but for now he still had a problem to solve. He had used all the combinations of ores he could. And four differently hued ores combined just produced useless, powerless discs. He had even tried all five at once and not gotten Shadow.

Yes, he knew now that silver was inert and gave no powers, even when combined with another hue of ore. But what else could he- Well… if he was already trying all he could, then he might as well try silver with two other ores. Maybe something surprising would happen, who knew?

An hour and a couple failed combination attempts later, Cravious grinned savagely. He held a cream colored disc with flecks of pearlescence in it if you shifted it. The light seemed to play off the surface. It had to be the one for Light.

That left one more variation to try.

By the time they stopped for lunch, Cravious held six discs, with the last one almost darker than black. It seemed to get lost from sight if you didn’t look straight at it.

This time, he made sure he was a very safe distance away from the testing zone. He had given the discs the fly further secondary power, so that helped.

The green disc, made of red, blue, and black ore (go figure that one), created a mighty gust of wind.

The blue disc, made of blue, black, and green, created a glob of water on the first throw, then a pressurized burst on the second after Clash had said he blinked and missed the first test. Cravious was surprised that the power had manifested differently, as the main eight powers hadn’t on repeated tests. He threw it for a third time, and it caused a brief shower of rain. Interesting.

The brown disc, made of red, black, and green, grew a boulder where it struck. The second time it created spikes of stone. The third time a line of sudden flat boulders that formed a short wall. So, the effects were random? That seemed very dangerous and not useful. Maybe he could control the effects when he threw it like supposedly you could with a Kanohi when you used it?

The white disc, made of red, blue, and black hued ore, created a blast of ice much like the other freeze disc had. But the second time it created a tall cylinder, and the third jagged icicles that flew through the air, almost reaching the observers. Cravious had tried and failed to mentally control the outcomes, so he concluded that the freezing disc was way better than this randomized Ice one.

The cream disc, made of red, blue, and silver, created a blinding light that forced everyone to look away. The second time, it created a laser that bored deep into the sand, far too close to the Cube for comfort. Cravious used his X-Ray Vision to see the line of glass it left behind. Yeaaaaah, there was no need to try out that disc again. He liked his life, no need to end it prematurely with a laser to the brain.

Finally, the black disc that got lost in the dark, made of black, green, and silver ore, created a field of darkness that sucked out all light. The effect lasted for a good half minute before the light of the sun beat it back and filled the area once more, re-illuminating the area. That’s all he needed to see. No need to take any unnecessary risks.

They all reboarded Cravious’ vehicle and started south once again. It was time to truly begin the vaugest part of this job. Kanohi crafting. Apparently you had to shape the disc into a mask shape without leaving any flaws or cracks and you would have a powered Kanohi. The true nuances of that he couldn’t even begin to comprehend yet.

His first attempt broke the disc almost immediately. Apparently he had to be more gentle. His second attempt failed when he tried to make holes for the optics. A seam formed from one of the optic holes to the side of the mask. His third attempt was too thin, and it bent when he tried to test its flexibility. His fourth attempt seemed good, but the corners of the mask were jagged, the center too thick. This was horribly hard work. No doubt it took weeks, months, or even years of practice to get this right.

Cravious flexed his fingers. But he didn’t need that. He had already spent most of his 300 years working metal and forging iron and protodermis. He had honed his craft day in and day out since he had shown up, fully formed, in a back alley of the Rig and bartered his way into a blacksmith apprenticeship the same day. He had discovered how to make protosteel, a feat even Avak hadn’t accomplished. He may or may not have stolen most of his other ideas from that worthless Skakdi of Stone, but no one could prove that in court. Okay no Skakdi could even stay out of a fight long enough to think up a court system, let alone run one, but that was beside the point.

He inspected the reforged disc. It still had that slight shine, or, well, more of a glimmer, to it that showed it still held power. He had been very happy to learn he could just reforge the disc whenever he messed up on making a mask. It saved him a lot of time.

Cravious worked through dinner, each attempt getting closer to a working Kanohi, but he stopped when night came. They would be at Irnakk’s Tooth tomorrow around midday, and who knew what awaited them. He would get a full night’s rest and get back to work on the Kanohi in the morning.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

2 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Outskirts of Metru-Koro)

"Perhaps. But the opportunity to back out was all the way back at the recruiting office." Ostrox paused for a bit before adding an addendum. "You must understand that I didn’t tell you about Mazor and Mata Nui earlier because… well, I feared your resolve would shatter. I’m glad to be proven wrong, though."

IC: Zaliyah - Metru Koro

"No, I understand your choice. A secret like that... it would've been hard enough just to get anyone to believe you. Convincing anyone to act on that information while we were still at war would have been near impossible." 

@Toru Nui

5 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

This island,” he said, carefully and slowly, “changes people. I’ve had hope for you, Sidra, and I ask what I ask because if we are the ‘competitors’ you say, I wonder if my conscience would tolerate me seizing the boon away from someone who could be just as worthy as myself. So, I ask, what has changed?” 

IC: Sidra – Ruins of Ice

Leklo's words gave her pause. Why the karz would he ever give her the benefit of the doubt? She'd murdered the man who'd made him a Toa, right in front of him. Unless... was Leklo plagued by the same self-doubt that Sidra herself experienced? Was it his own worthiness that he was questioning? 

“At first, I don't think anything changed. I set out to create a Great Disk because I’m selfish and spiteful,” Sidra said. “There was something of value in this temple, something that supposedly wasn’t meant for me, and I wanted it. But somewhere along the way I realised that I didn’t just want it, I wanted to prove that I could be deserving of it.”

She remembered the Administrator’s words, what felt like forever ago. 

“The boon bestowed to those who are the protectors of their people. The Matoran called them Toa, stronger and lifted up by the Krom. The Time Between Time needs heroes to help lift up their people, not become corrupted by the hopes of individual gain.”

She didn’t want to be a Toa. Whatever that word had once meant on this world, it had lost its significance in the one Sidra had come from. So many of the Toa she’d met or heard of had been little more than celebrities and show-offs, pampered with praise in their safe cities, their only claims to heroism being chasing off the occasional bandit or rahi.

But reflecting on the Administrator’s words, Sidra finally understood something that she hadn’t recognised when she’d first heard them. Something Leklo had tried to point out at the time, that she hadn’t acknowledged. The boon wasn’t just for Toa. It was for anyone who protected their people. So, perhaps she could be a hero. Perhaps she already was. She’d spent so much time doubting herself, never feeling like she’d done enough, but she’d still tried. She’d halted Othorak’s attack before he’d reached his intended target. She’d saved some of the crew from the airship as it had fallen from the sky. She’d stopped Dume before he could persuade his new Toa to serve as time-travelling suicide bombers. And of course, she’d led the defence of Le-Metru Nuva against the Grand Untethered.

And that was when it dawned on her. She was a hero, in her own weird way. The kind of hero that this insane world needed, one who’d borne the full brunt of its madness and embraced it, one who wasn’t held back by the codes and cultures of a dead universe.

“I've saved a village, fought all the undead of Metru Nui, talked with a Tahtorak, made peace with my past, and learned to forge Kanoka so I could create a Great Disk for myself... I think I am deserving. I think I’m ready for more… can you say the same?”

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 4

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

Barius' words were ... confusing. But Parnassus did not understand how food was supposed to taste, and so they did not pay the warskak's comparisons much mind. They were instead preoccupied by Stannis and Fury, who seemed to have previously known each other. They were also preoccupied by the lingering wisps of shadow that seemed to drift up off of the hero's form ... wisps that seemed familiar, and yet could not have.

Perhaps Gore Fury could shed more light on this figure.

And so, Parnassus leaned in, eavesdropping on their conversation.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Triage - The Taku

"I don't actually know," the medic answered sheepishly. "But now that you're back in the village, you might run into her."

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

Now that's over...

Nale left as well, not far behind Oreius. Once outside her path was set on the Taku, to check on what the communication from the ship had been about. She was glad to be done with the previous discussion, at least, even if the outcome wasn't the best. As she walked, she saw Knichou conversing with a Skakdi she hadn't seen before, flanked by Tekmo and Vulimai.

...wait. Knichou.

The sight took a moment to register with her tired mind. Nale didn't even notice how fast she started running until she was halfway to the group, making sure to slow herself down and take on a more leisurely pace once she was closer. The Fa-Toa quickly composed herself in an attempt to make it seem like she hadn't been worried sick about Knichou this entire time.

Stoic captain mode engaged.

"Welcome back to the village, captain. Or, rather...well, I guess now that you've returned you'd like your ship back."

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Toru Nui@Onaku

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"A Bo-Skakdi?...Yes, I do believe I know of a Bo-Skakdi by the name of Zadred, they worked at the greenhouses using their elements to help crops grow. They left earlier today alongside three Toa, a Vortixx, and a Krahli unit heading north, northeast along the coast...Wait a minute, why are you asking about them?"

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn @Toru Nui @BULiK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

Leklo's words gave her pause. Why the karz would he ever give her the benefit of the doubt? She'd murdered the man who'd made him a Toa, right in front of him. Unless... was Leklo plagued by the same self-doubt that Sidra herself experienced? Was it his own worthiness that he was questioning? 

“At first, I don't think anything changed. I set out to create a Great Disk because I’m selfish and spiteful,” Sidra said. “There was something of value in this temple, something that supposedly wasn’t meant for me, and I wanted it. But somewhere along the way I realised that I didn’t just want it, I wanted to prove that I could be deserving of it.

"I've saved a village, fought all the undead of Metru Nui, talked with a Tahtorak, made peace with my past, and learned to forge Kanoka so I could create a Great Disk for myself... I think I am deserving. I think I’m ready for more… can you say the same?”

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"I guess that makes you a hero, then, a 'toa' by definition," he observed solemnly. "I suppose that makes you worthy."

He looked down at the ground, pondering his own sense of worth in comparison. He hadn't saved anyone, all his deeds thus far had been errant adventures or petty quests, or utter tragedies. He'd fought Pridak but failed to defeat him; fled Metru-Nui but failed to protect Ko-Metru; he'd been created a toa but he hadn't done anything heroic. Not yet, anyway. 

"I've... felt pain, and anguish, as I saw Metru-Koro turned to ash heaps and molten bones; I've been left bereft of emotion at the aftermath of a desolating act of pyrrhic destruction as my friend Korruhn fell into the lake of death, transformed once into a tormented soul, and second into a raincloud of obsidian daggers that for all I know is gone from this world; I've been chased by ghosts summoned from another realm by a monster from another time, and all the while feeling as utterly helpless as a nautilus without its shell, just like how I felt in the wake of the invasion on Metru Nui. I may not have been at the end of the world but I feel like I have. And despite all that... yes... I am ready for more. Because it's my job to be good, to care, and to help as much as I can, and I hope that maybe, with this boon, I can help even more."

3 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Gore Fury & Drukarus (Fort Nektann, Kitchen)

Gore let out a bellowing laugh before wrapping his arm around Stannis and giving him a little shake, "Ahahahah! There ya go old timer, glad to know that my Ma's cookin' had that much of an impact! Honestly, it's quite the coincidence that both of found our way out here in the wastes in this here fort."

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann mess hall

"It was not the food," Stannis gently said as he returned the bowl (or was it a moon?) to the table, "it was the kindness. If more people chose selfless acts over acts of war, what a realm this would be. The difference is always in the choices—many are forgotten, but still others are immortalized."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Druu - Metru-Koro

"She was... gone? By the time of the attack?" It was almost imperceptible, but Druu seemed to deflate slightly upon hearing this, looking down, then to the side with a resigned sigh. "Ah well, no matter. Bombing a settlement of civilian targets wasn't what I signed up for when I joined the League anyway. About time I broke off."

Finally, he turned back to Vulimai. "To answer your question, Captain... Zadred is my daughter."

@Sparticus147@BULiK@Toru Nui@Tarn

• Like 2

Helpless and aimless. Uncertain and alone.

Sidra knew how Leklo felt. But she understood what he didn’t, that they were all free to forge their own fates. It was the lesson she’d taught Viltia, and one she offered to Leklo now.

“It’s not your job, Leklo. This is a new world, and you’re not bound by the rules of the old,” she said. “You and the others in that office weren’t chosen by destiny, you all just struck a deal with a decrepit despot who wanted more soldiers for his war… a war that was lost anyway.”

She took a step closer. “The city fell despite your attempts to save it. When your new village came under attack you weren’t even there to help, because you were here exploring. It sounds like you couldn’t save Korruhn either… so maybe you need to consider that you were never meant for this.” She pointed at the Kanoka in his hand, “You already gave up one Great Disk to gain the power of a Toa. Now you’re back with another Great Disk, chasing more power, when you haven’t even used what you already have. How is this time going to be any different?”

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"I don't know," he admitted. "I don't." He sighed.

"But I know loss and pain, and I know it's my duty as a living being to care for others. Dume may have wanted me to be a weapon of his war, but whether I like it or not at this point I am a toa in flesh. Destiny or not... rules... or no rules... I aim to do good and help guide people from the dangers of this world. My heart and spirit remain true."

• Like 2

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp Outskirt

Fascinating. The story of her body reflected Whisper's admiration for life, and her desire to have it for herself. Taja looked down at her own hands, so recently changed to those of a Toa, and then again to a Toa of Shadow. What would she change if she could control what she looked like? Would she still choose the shape of a Toa? Would she return to a Matoran's body, to something comfortable and familiar? Or would she try something totally different, something as alien to her current form as Whisper's was? 

The idea of having a choice was alien in and of itself. In her old life, the idea that anyone could decide who they wanted to be was as foreign as these new stars. The Great Spirit decided your destiny, and if that included transformation, so be it. Otherwise, it was one's duty to live and work as a Matoran, and fulfil your duties as befit your status. Here, in this new world, the possibilities seemed endless by comparison. The variety of choices and possibilities was terrifying, like standing on the edge of a precipice—but it was also exhilarating. With the rules and laws of her old life left behind, Taja felt like she truly could be anyone. If she was to be a hero, a Toa, it would be because she chose to, and not because it was prescribed for her.

They continued walking, passing slowly out of the thinning jungle. Before them, the gradient of the ground changed from green to brown as grass gave way to rock and sand. They had reached the edge of the swamp. Now the desert laid before them.

"If you achieve your wish... would you stay in this form? Or choose something else?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

"So where does that leave us, then?" She pressed, taking another step closer. "You heard the Administrator. Only one of us can take unlock the temple." Still holding the Great Disk in her left hand, she held out her right and beckoned for Leklo to step away from the machine. "You already have power. How about you step away and let someone else take a share?"

She almost took the extra step of using her hypnosis as she spoke, but held back. It felt like cheating at this point. She was so close to persuading him, and if the other Toa interfered while she was trying to hypnotise Leklo, then they were sure to both turn on her. 

@EmperorWhenua

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Swamp Outskirts

"I could choose something new any time. I'd just need to make a new shell to inhabit," she replied, "I've never really thought about changing. I kind of like being different." 

@Eyru

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"Are you here to help people?" Leklo asked. 

I am. There are survivors in the swamp, trying to build a new settlement. They helped me, and I want to return the favour,” she responded. 

"I suppose that makes us brother and sister, Toa Sidra.

"Let's hold and insert the disc—together."

• Like 3

She considered Leklo's offer for only a few seconds before nodding. It was a better alternative to killing each other over a reward neither of them knew the true nature of. "Your disk or mine?" She asked, as she made her way over to where Leklo stood. 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

She nodded, stowing the disk on her back as she joined Leklo before the machine. "Okay... let's do this..."

@EmperorWhenua

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

The former alpinist shared his grip on the disk with Sidra and turned back to Ultan before nodding to his companion once and jointly pushed the disk into the waiting slot. "Indeed."

@Unreliable Narrator @The Captain

• Like 2

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

Lunch was a combination of tropical fruits she herself had grown the day before. Viltia occasionally spent a small portion of a day creating fruit for future meals. The plan was to ultimately have enough farms going to sustain themselves without her there, but for now, every so often she could add some much needed variety to Le-Metru Nuva’s food pool.

Viltia pulled three of the fruits to the side and absorbed them all at once, enjoying the mixture of flavors. She looked around the platform she was on. Several tables filled the space, with Matoran taking up most of the seats. Interspersed were other species, some of them eating with their mouths rather than through their hands.

That always weirded her out. She had spent her whole life eating through her hands, and everyone else around her had done so too. When she found out not everyone did it, that had shattered her views on eating. She had tried it herself, once, but it felt wrong and she had given it up. Maybe sometime else. In the future. The far future.

She was used to seeing it now, though, and she noticed a couple Matoran also had started eating with their mouths. That brought a warm feeling of togetherness to her. All of life should be able to experience together, to become one. She just wanted to go over and hug them all, washing away their worries and fears. Well, Sidra said to hold off on that, so she probably shouldn’t, despite her feelings otherwise. Nobody needed it yet, so maybe in the future.

Viltia finished her meal and sat back, taking in the noise and colors. With less Rahi attacks, the village was able to be louder, and occasionally an unrestrained laugh could be heard before the noise maker remembered to quiet themselves. It was good that her friends felt they could finally enjoy life. For so long they were just trying to survive. It was nice to be able to ease up and focus on more frivolous things.

Gathering her wooden bowl, she moved to place it in the receptacle where it would be washed later. She bid farewell to the villagers she had been sitting with and took note of how many bowls were already in the receptacle. Water was still scarce, since it had to be brought up in buckets, purified, and then finally it was available for use. So cleaning dishes ended up being a much larger and more dangerous chore than it normally would be.

She placed her bowl gently on the others, appreciating the wood grain of it before moving on. It was time to check in with Wing and make sure they all stayed at this level of safety.

Wing had nothing of note to mention, other than requesting once more for Viltia to make a mask of Mutation, so Viltia went around the outskirts of their guarded perimeter. She moved through the branches with ease, tethers extending and grabbing tree limbs all around, making it seem like Viltia was weightless as she glided through the canopy.

When she reached the southeast side, she paused, mind finding the corrupted tree.

Everything seemed safe. She had only seen one giant insect and it had scurried away upon noticing her. So she moved closer to the tree, suspended a hundred feet above the ground, her glowing silver tethers granting her enhanced mobility.

The tree actually wasn’t that far from the village, but it was hidden by a dense cluster of banyan trees. Viltia had to carefully navigate through the dense foliage, even up in the canopy layer. Once through, she slowly descended, coming upon a small clearing. She looked for any threats, then climbed down to the ground.

The trees all around the clearing were warped, full of knots where dead branches had fallen off centuries ago. They twisted and entwined with each other to form a wall of bark all around her. Glowing mushrooms dotted their forms, looking like small shelves, sometimes like lamps, and some even deceptively appearing as other forms of fruit. This place was heavily steeped in the Fau Swamp’s mutations, and evidence of it formed a wall around her. The trees were kept in shadow by their leaves, with vines wrapping around their crooked trunks. It gave a menacing feeling to the enclosure.

But illuminated through a hole in the canopy directly above it stood a short tree with smooth bark and wispy limbs. Moss grew in large swaths across its trunk. But something was wrong. The tree looked half dead. Horrid, blackish brown tar oozed from it, and small insects swarmed around it. The moss covering it had turned mostly brown itself.

She reached out with the Green, but still the tree refused her. She could only sense the tree vaguely. It was like it wasn’t fully alive, or maybe not fully a tree? Viltia moved closer, waving away the small insects buzzing around her. There was a strange light embedded in the trunk, and around it the bark seemed whole and untouched by disease.

Looking at the limbs, she saw a fruit, rotting on the branch. It looked like the mythical Vuata Maca fruit, said to provide healing and energy to those lucky enough to find a tree. But that was silly and just a legend gardeners told, there was no way- She looked at the light in the trunk. It was a glowing gem… A crystal. Her optics lit up. This was a Vuata Maca tree! They were real! And, and she was standing next to one!

She touched the bark, feeling how smooth it was around the crystal. Her hand moved up to the crystal. It moved under her gentle touch, then fell out of the tree, bouncing off the roots and resting in the moss around the tree. From where it had been, more black tar oozed and the tree shriveled even more. Viltia gasped in shock. What had she done?

The Toa of the Green scrambled for the crystal, but froze. She heard something… It was, it was buzzing. It was a low buzzing, but not too low. Probably a Nui-Rama. Her tethers quickly transported her to the shadows at the edge of the small clearing. The buzzing grew louder and louder until a lone Nui-Rama swooped down through the hole in the canopy. It landed on the Vuata Maca tree and slurped up some of the blackish brown tar. Then its wings buzzed slightly as it dropped to the ground. It circled around something before picking it up and flying away.

Viltia sighed in relief. Insects were already tricky to control with her mask, and if she angered one Nui-Rama, that generally angered the rest. She cautiously moved over to the Vuata Maca crystal. They were said to be able to hold great power for the tree. Maybe it had just been in the wrong spot on the tree to heal it.

She got to where it had fallen and- Uh, where was it? Viltia searched around, normally and then frantically. When she couldn’t find it, the image of the Nui-Rama filled her mind. Dread and regret filled her. She had just lost her best bet to heal this tree.

Viltia slowly sat down, stunned by the sudden turn of events. She had found a legendary tree, super close to her village, and now she had just lost the only thing that could bring it back from dying.

No! No. Should wouldn’t give up. She could do whatever she set her mind to. She had seen the Nui-Rama that took the crystal. And unless they had mutated to eat rock, those giant bugs couldn’t destroy it. All she had to do was go find it. Yeah, that would work. Her mind started to fill with several plans. She tried to work backwards.

Okay, she had seen several Nui-Rama hives while flying on the Kahu, but one giant one really stuck out to her. She would search that one first. But she wanted to keep the Kahu out of this, so she needed a mask of Flight. But that required her to merge four discs into two and then merge those two into one. It would be very hard work.

Or maybe she could just use a mask of Quick Travel? That was far easier to make. But what if she got caught? Her mind went to one of the other masks she already planned to make, the mask of Growth. That one was easy, too, and could help her get free if caught. Yeah, this just might work.

Viltia hurried back to the village, she needed to craft two masks before Sidra got back!

OOC: Quest accomplished: Find the Vuata Maca tree.

New quest gained: Find two Vuata Maca Crystals and restore the tree.

• Like 3

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Knichou continued to watch Druu with suspicion as the former League soldier and current Metru-Koronan captain conversed. While Druu's treachery arguably saved the village, that alone did not make him an ally. Whatever this business with Zadred was, there was clearly a non-altruistic motive behind the betrayal, and trust was not yet warranted.

Knichou was surprised that Nale found him first. He whirled around at the sound of her voice, leaving Vulimai and Tekmo to deal with the skakdi. Knichou began to walk towards her to close the distance further as she casually approached him. What did the Doc say, again? 'I think she'll be very happy to see you alright.' Apparently the local medic's repeated insinuations were not as accurate as parts of the former Ghost's mind wanted them to be, as Nale appeared extremely calm and collected, like she knew this was going to happen all along. Maybe Doc already told her? That's gotta be it, right?

"Great to see you - and, well, the rest of the village, of course - are surviving well. Sorry about the delay - clearly your team was able to get your airship incapacitated much faster. We ran into... multiple setbacks, but we're all fine, thankfully. As far as the Taku, I certainly hope you won't be kicking me out of the Captain's quarters... oh yeah - Captain Vulimai over here was getting tired of any confusion caused by us having the same title, so I went ahead and promoted myself to Commander after the successful defense of Metru-Koro, if you don't mind. Not sure what that would make you - first mate? captain? vice captain? lieutenant commander? I'm not sure how these things work, but, well, the point is, if there's some 'rank' you want as 'official' as things can get after the apocalypse, there really isn't any regulatory system to prevent us from doing that. Or we could not. I don't know..."

The Toa had clearly lost track of what to say, there was so much to discuss. He tried to refocus the conversation

"What uh... what's happened here while we've been out?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

"She is...Your daughter?" Vulimai spoke with incredulity at Druu's statement, but not quite with doubt, just simply disbelief that a Skakdi, that Vulimai had been informed of being so kind and sweet and made one forget that ninety percent of Skakdi would kill or enslave you without a second thought, could be related to a Skakdi who was once working for the League that sought the annihilation of the Matoran race.

"Well...I suppose that is certainly a reason to not kill civilians, but I must admit, beyond you breaking off from the League, what is keeping me from taking you into custody for your previous crimes?"

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn @Toru Nui @BULiK

IC: Gore Fury (Fort Nektann, Mess Hall)

"Heh, wise words from a wise Toa ey? But yeah, ya ain't wrong, although soldiers give lots of mouths to feed, war doesn't do good for enjoyin' what ya eatin', now does it? Hence why my family left ole' Zakaz...OH! Hey, did ya know that this island's name is also Zakaz, crazy right?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Burnmad @Conway @Crimson Jester

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Gore's Homestyle Dining Table

"Crazy, indeed," Stannis mumbled in a response lost in the commotion of raucous chewing and bantering, "like the Skakdi were wholly unoriginal and ized the indigenous name of Xa-Nui and called this land Zakaz because what else would they call a place they lived but the same as they came from?

Hogm. Sluuuuurp. Munch.

Why did he say that? Why was the roasted gukko melting in midair?

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Grime | Fort Nektann

Drukarus did not offer his heart to her. He would, in time, become hers. Grime knew Miserix got what she wanted in the end. Drukarus just needed a little push. So Grime followed the skakdi warlord into the dining hall. He took a small seat at the fringe, placed his hands on the keys and buttons, and softly played his squeeze box to a lilting tune he also hummed. The music did not rise above the sounds of feasting, but it cautiously filled those quiet moments with a small sense of hope. 

OOC: @Burnmad, @Sparticus147@EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester@Keeper of Kraata, @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

Commander? Maybe Knichou's head had grown bigger while he was away. It meant there wouldn't be any confusion with ranks aboard the Taku, at least. "I wouldn't worry about that," she replied. "Whatever title suits me, I'll use. But I was growing attached to calling myself 'captain.' Captain Vella. Got a ring to it."

She flashed a smile, then continued. "Quite a bit. No rest for the weary, I suppose. Some strange Skakdi came from underground--attacked the village right after the airship battle ended. Fended them off, but I don't know for how long. They seem to live beneath Metru-Koro, and don't like the neighbors." Nale sighed, then crossed her arms. "And, well...since we surrendered, the League that orchestrated the attack..."

The Fa-Toa shook her head, not sure what Knichou would think of what else she had to say. She wondered if the Toa of Iron had passed by Zaliyah and Ostrox on his way in--clearly not, or he might have said something...or not let them leave at all.

"...they left, after a bit of a discussion. They're walking back to Metru Nui now. Not sure how they'll make it, you and I know what this place is like."

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro outskirts

The bronze clad, grey robed Toa stood nearby, waiting for the Vahki with Zaliyah and Ostrox. She was silent, gazing upon the face of the decapitated god and the ruined city that yet resided within the metallic carcass.

IC: Druu - Metru-Koro

"Previous crimes? Please, do enlighten me as to the extent of these crimes and their exact nature." Druu said with dry amusement, a mild grin on his lips but his amber eyes retaining no such warmth.

IC: Zadred - Todbuk-Koro outskirts

"It is new. These are refugees from a ruined village, they went through a lot of hardship before moving here beyond the... well, the cataclysm that took everything." She said, looking back at the village with a forlorn expression. "I've been helping them out, erecting houses and growing food until we can establish a proper greenhouse for growing crops, like the one I built in Metru-Koro... I wonder how they're doing there."

Finally, she turned back to Xane with a soft smile and a curious glint to her amber eyes. "What about you? What have you been up to?"

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Sparticus147

• Like 2