Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - Dead Forest

With - Marrow, Providence, Zak-Yak, Takadox

He scampered after Marrow even as he was approached by Zak-Yak. This one’s mind was easier to read than the others, with his thoughts practically being shoved Hahvok’s way. There was no ill will. Perhaps a fledgling bit of kinship?

"So...No like Blue One too?"

Zal kept close to Marrow even as his main body responded to the Mesi of Light as they both entered the tunnel, “Correct.” The ease with which he gently slid into conversing casually was no doubt the envy of all Ko-Matoran.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi fell silent. Well, almost silent. His fingers tapped against his masks as he mumbled under his breath, saying little other than whimpers. He began to pace, his hands flapping wildly.  He … he had … not expected that quick of a response. Nor that blunt of one. He had asked, he had needed to. He had a duty, Stannis trusted him, put his faith in him. But it was … Ulkarr’s words slammed into him like an disk of freezing. Ulkarr seemed unbothered, unconcerned. Like Kanohi’s words mattered very little.

He … he could hardly parse Ulkarr’s words, barely hear the replies of Kat and the Vahki. He tried to focus, could … could Ramaka have asked Bode to kill her? But his brain was overcome by numbness, only rare thoughts could pierce the storm. The cross-wired Matoran felt his mind leave his metal skull, not in a vision, but like he was viewing himself from above. His brain could no longer process this all.

The Fe-Matoran swayed, unable to form concrete words. He … he wasn’t suited for this. Wasn’t strong enough for this. He n-no, the village depended on him. S-Stannis depended on h-him. H-he had to th-think. H-he had to l-lead.

Kanohi b-barely knew the powers of elements outside of Iron and Jungle, maybe Ulkarr was similarly ignorant, and did not know what Light could do. A-and  have Ramaka dying was a mercy. But, the Vahki had a point, there were no witnesses besides Ulkarr and Bode. H-he had no proof.

The vigilante turned Akiri stumbled as he paced wildly, mumbling to himself. It was become clear that any numbness he felt was his brain locking up from panic. He … he wasn’t suited for this. He wasn’t worthy of being Akiri. He needed to make a decision, or at least not go to p-pieces. And he was f-falling apart. Broken, weak, pitiful.

Then Kat spoke again. Her words were barely audible, more a series of clicks and grunts that decipherable words. Kanohi stared at her blankly for a moment, before her words vaguely registered in his head. She … she wanted them to listen to both Bode and Ulkarr. O-of course, listen to all the f-facts, try to make an informed decision. And delay the decision. He struggled to make a nod. 

Why Stannis? Why did you think some cross-wired vigilante could do this?

OOC:  @The UltimoScorp @Toru Nui @Onaku 

• Like 5

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Zak-Yak (Ash Barrens)

Correct.” "Zak-Yak no like Blue One either. Blue One attacked Zak-Yak."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Drukarus & Gore Fury (Fort Nektann, Mess Hall)

Drukarus, alongside the rest of the warskak, looked on at awe and enrapturement at Grime's performance, with some ethereal force preventing Drukarus from drawing his attention away from the little Matoran. The words Grime spoke held a weight beyond Drukarus' understanding, but he did not know what that significance was, for he himself lacked some form of integral trait that would allow one to understand the truth of the song. And as the song ended, silence held the host within the hall, with not a peep being muttered...

Till a firm clap came from Drukarus, as he pounded his palm upon his knee...Truly, there was more to Grime than anyone could've thought.

~~~

As Drukarus started clapping, Gore happily and joyfully joined in, in support of his newly made friend.

OOC: @Burnmad @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Conway @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn, Fort Nektann

Korruhn had sat at the table mostly silent thusfar, choosing instead to casually observe while he sampled the offerings from the kitchen and it's eccentric chef. The food was fine, but by nature, the Void Touched-being wasn't much one for personal exquisitries, preferring to find enjoyment through his research and studies; an itch that he noted hadn't been scratched in quite some time.

At some point, Stannis left the table, moving to another part of the room, and engaging in conversation with the odd Matoran, who he'd recognized as some sort of squire of Drukarus', in an earlier encounter. The spoke briefly, before the Matoran began to sing a melodic tale. His voice was wondrous; Korruhn hadn't heard the entrancing melodies of a Bard in what felt like an entire lifetime. But, there was something odd about this one. Not in the way he carried himself, or the way he played a tune. It was the words in his tale.

Hello.

Goodbye.

The being known as Korruhn had had a peculiar feeling when he entered the fortress gates. Peculiar, but familiar. He had felt it at the Ice Ruin. He felt it at Nuju's Observatory. And now, the Bard. Of course. These fools would have surely destroyed any physical Taboo left behind, what with their wanton recklessness and general disregard for anything of the sort. But Bards, they were the preservers of history. As was Korruhn. Perhaps the Bard had more to offer than these war-mongers.

Standing up, Korruhn worked his way around the mess of chairs and hulking forms of half-drunken, bloated Warskaks, brushing some aside with his arm as needed. He reached the Bard.

"Bard! Pardon me, I couldn't help but hear your tale across the room. I am Korruhn."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

After her time away, the stifling heat of the forging hut was once more like a comforting hug. Match and Spark were off to one side, shining a red laser into a receiver. Spark was interchanging several lenses and seeing how they affected the light, reading the receiver’s small display. Parts for a more powerful green laser were also set out, though it hadn’t been created yet. Viltia spied several pieces of their precious rare metals among the parts. Hopefully the mask of X-Ray Vision she had created earlier in the morning would solve that problem and allow them to create more complicated machines, like lasers and Kanohi machines, with their new, easier access to rarer ores.

Beruv was still at her desk, working on the stencil designs. A bowl of barely touched fruit was beside her.

Viltia went over and inspected the Kanoka of Removes Poison she had created before lunch. To others, it might seem fine, but to her now trained senses, she noticed it was slightly curved. It must have settled wrong. It would still function, but at a couple levels lower than intended. Maybe six, or even five. She would have to reforge it, which wasn’t too uncommon. Creating a Kanoka of power level eight was in no way an easy task.

As she started melting it back down, her mind moved to Sidra. She hoped her friend had found the reward free of trouble. And that it really was a reward. It had taken so much training, and then so much work to create that Great Disc. But Sidra had done it! Great Discs were real and could be made.

Viltia shook her head at the thought. Great Discs could be made. That filled her already wonder filled mind with so many ideas. If Great Discs could be made, could you create Kanohi out of them? And if you did, would they be more powerful? And could Great Discs be combined with each other? If they could, then who knew what could be created! The mask of Creation, of Light. Maybe something she hadn’t even heard of, like Life, or Space, or something even crazier!

The possibilities were endless. She was so glad that she had learned the techniques of forging. Her body was filled to the brim with joy and potential.

After she made sure the molten ore looked like it was settling correctly in the mold, she let her mind wander again.

But without a sword like Sidra’s, how could she make a Great Disc? No one before her had ever figured it out, or so Beruv said. But obviously someone must have, way back when. And if so, how?

Viltia thought of the defiled energized protodermis they had found where that big undead thing had died. Kanoka were already made of protodermis, could energized protodermis be a potential next step?

The Kanoka had cooled enough to be solid, so Viltia took it from the mold and doused it in water, rapidly cooling it in a process called hardening.

A stray thought entered her head. A story from Torch when they had been thrown from the giant robot head. He had mentioned a vast, poisoned lake. At the time she had been told about it, she had dismissed it as just being poisoned, but after seeing the defiled energized protodermis, she wondered if maybe the two things were more than just similar in physical description.

Viltia inspected the disc. It appeared smooth and uniform, she set it down to let it fully cool and settle.

And the term poisoned, it took a different meaning in her mind as she stared at the Kanoka of Removes Poison she had just made. She turned to Beruv, who looked up from the desk, “Hey, Beruv, can you make a Kanohi out of Removes Poison?

The black and red Matoran nodded, “Yes, but no one ever does. Barely anyone ever gets poisoned. And even if you do, having a Kanoka is far more convenient than having to go find someone who can use a Kanohi to cure you. And for those who can use masks, there are far better options to wear.

Beruv sat back in her chair, “Actually, you can create Kanohi out of all the base eight powers, even Increase Weight. It’s just that no one ever does. Remove Poison is redundant as a mask, Freeze is overshadowed by an elemental mask of Ice, Reconstitute as Random is unruly and kind of horrifying, and Increase Weight I’m not sure about. That might actually be a good mask. Never heard about someone using one, though.

Huh,” Viltia sat down, her tethers moving below her and increasing as wide as they could go to form a sort of chair, “But I don’t remember hearing about anyone with an elemental mask of Ice.

Beruv shrugged, “Like I said in the past, before we got to Zakaz, Kanoka were far harder to make, Toa Discs even more so. And creating masks out of Toa Discs is even harder. Far harder than merging three Kanoka. I don’t know anyone that has ever made one. I think you are either created with one, or get one when you become a Toa. Although I guess Artakha himself would be able to make them.

Viltia nodded at the information. If Great Discs were real, then Artakha could be real, too. Or used to be real. Their old universe did fall apart after all.

Wait, but if they are so hard to make, then why aren’t masks of Freezing made?

Beruv shook her head, “I don’t know that one. I’m only repeating what I learned when I asked the questions you ask now to a travelling smith back in our old village. Maybe you should create one for yourself and find out.

Viltia nodded, standing. She thanked Beruv and inspected her newly forged Kanoka. It was nice and even, with a perfect dip in the center and a crisp, but not sharp, outer lip. If her process had been true, it should be power level eight. She ran her hand along it. Smooth and even. Her mind turned to think not of a Kanohi of Freezing, but of another kind. This island had changed a lot about Kanoka forging. Who knew what a Kanohi of Removes Poison might be able to accomplish? After all, Kanohi were always stronger than Kanoka.

She grabbed her hammer. Time to find out.

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - Underground Dead Forest

With - Marrow, Providence, Zak-Yak, Takadox

Hahvok nodded at the information, catching snippets of remembered images as Zak-Yak talked. His large, flat head accentuated the motion. “Tall Blue treats me like I am nothing. Your information is good to know. We can watch Tall Blue together. Stay safe. Use all three pairs of optics.

Friends were being made left and right. He was like a charismatic Le-Matoran at a Naming Day celebration. You know the one. Where you’re friends with him even though you’ve only met him the once. Still would die for him, though. He’s a great guy. Tells fun stories.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Ulkarr, Enra, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro, Telepathic Link)

"I am willing to cooperate with your inquiries… within reason."

"Define 'reason'."

"Reason. Noun - a cause, explanation, or justification-"

"Not you."

"I will answer your questions truthfully. Whether or not you agree with the truth is your issue. I reserve the right to defend myself and those who rely upon me from unnecessary harm." Even as Ulkarr spoke aloud, he communicated through more secretive and unconventional means to those who relied on him.

Booodeee… what precisely did you tell them regarding Ramaka’s… donation?

Meanwhile, Enra tried to covertly scratch her unmentionables while Xane and Zadred discussed real-estate.

@Harvali@The UltimoScorp@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Ostrox (Outskirts of Metru-Koro)

"Right then!" Ostrox clasped his hands together. "If we’re not taking Air Fundamentalist, we’ll need to find some other way of getting across the Moat. The Tranquility will never fly again thanks to Skorm and his harem."

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Remains of Sans’s Hut)

Wonderful. A potential ally, turned away because the good guys treated him like a criminal. Granted, it sounded like he had his own personal quest of finding his daughter, but it’s clear that Knichou and Vulimai hadn’t endeared themselves to him. Druu had left before Tekmo could apologize on their behalf.

Evil despots. Government conspiracies. Nonsensical vandals. Attempted assassinations. Undead plague. War crimes. Universal catastrophe. Enigmatic entities. Swamp monsters. Poisonous light. Jovial warmongers. Unsubstantiated paranoia. Tekmo was reaching his limit as to what he could put up with.

He threw his hands up in the air. He wasn’t joking earlier - he legitimately did not have time for this, nor time to go after Vulimai and tell him Druu was leaving. He went to find wherever Skorm went off to, see if he still wanted to leave this place. Not that he could blame him for it anymore...

@Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro Outskirts

"I'm hoping that we can radio for a transport to pick us up once we get within range," Zaliyah said. "At worst, the Vahki and I should be able to make the flight from the lake shore to the city, then arrange something for the rest of you." 

As if summoned by her mention of them, the two Vahki chose that moment to arrive, carrying the pulse artillery, plasma cannon, and an assortment of other equipment - the wind gauge, the radio equipment from the cockpit, and a toolbox - salvaged from the Razorfish, on a makeshift stretcher between them. 

@Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Taja | The Desert

That was the difference between Aspects and other beings, Taja supposed. Her body, as unfamiliar and awkward as it sometimes felt, was still her. Whisper, on the other hand, had dwelt in her form for years, and it was still nothing more than a container to house her actual essence. She guessed that was why the Aspect craved life so badly. To live in one body for so long and still feel like it wasn't actually you... it had to be alienating. Of course she would want something more.

As the pair travelled further into the desert, Taja was unaware of small changes taking place in her own body. Miniscule vents slowly formed here and there in her armour, to allow for better ventilation of the desert heat. Her optical sensors gradually dimmed, reducing the glare of the sands. The power Whisper had given her was so subtle as to be almost unnoticeable, but it was there all the same.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 5

IC: Ardoku - Todbuk-Koro

I found myself unsure about anything going on at that moment dealing with familiar and unfamiliar beings alike, none of whom I could recall any real memories of. But even in my confused state, I could recognise something about the matoran who'd approached me and the red toa moments earlier. I wasn't sure how I knew, but as I looked upon him and the strange movements he was doing, upon the expression on his face, I recognised something was troubling him. Kneeling down, I placed a hand upon his shoulder in what I felt would be a reassuring gesture and looked him in the eyes. "Hey, are you alright?"

@Harvali

• Like 3

IC, Whira: Irnakk's Tooth

Whira surveyed the area. "I do not believe that the site would be within the volcano; I believe that it would be somewhere along its face, most likely near a lava flow," she stated. The Aspect pointed northward. "I suggest that we scour the area beginning in this direction."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax watched as the Vahki left, then turned to the work bench. He walked over to it and pulled out his tablet. He also pulled out the OTIS brain, and connected the two via some wires he found on the bench. He make some taps on the tablet and then set the objects down.

He turned to Saybo. "While I let OTIS back itself up, why don't... Saybo, why are you backing away from me?" he asked. Before Saybo could speak, though, Aurax realized the answer to his question: he had noticed his fear power grow the night before, but hadn't thought much of it. He hadn't even bothered to turn it off.

He breathed in. and the kraata on the back of his neck wriggled a bit before settling down. 

"There, is my fear power off now?" he asked the Toa of Water.

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Desert

They traveled in silence for a while longer, before Whisper gave voice to a question that had been weighing on her since she'd gained the taboo in the temple. "Do you think the people of your village will be more... receptive... of the power I can offer now they don't have to kill another to gain it?"

@Eyru

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Saybo tried to slow his breathing, flexing his hands. They felt weird. His whole body did.

He slowly picked himself up, hand against his head. He tried to stop shaking. Aurax’s aura of Fear had overwhelmed him. It had grown stronger than he could manage. He- He had failed his Great Being.

Saybo dropped to one knee, head bowed, “Yes, your power of Fear is off. I am sincerely sorry for not being able to handle it. I have failed you, my Great Being.

A small flicker of his own naturally occurring fear danced around his brain before flitting away. Would Aurax rightly dispose of him? Would he be executed for his failure? Whatever the punishment, he was worthy of it for failing his Great Aurax’s test.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Whira

Cravious shrugged, “Sounds good.” He turned to his hirelings, “Get to cover. I’ll radio you if we need pickup.” The Cube’s garage ramp slowly lifted, sealing the conditioned air inside. Cravious turned away from his creation, already used to the heat. He had spent the last couple days at the forge for most of the time. So far this was nothing.

And he was really glad Whira had suggested searching elsewhere. No need to tempt the beast. Or, well, a god in this instance.

The Skakdi of Lightning readjusted his gear, making sure it was all secure and within easy reach before moving in the direction Whira pointed. He made sure his Kraata power was currently going so he could detect any nearby minds and then he activated his X-Ray and Telescopic Vision, scouring the volcano. Layer by layer, detail by detail. Small vents here and there, he searched, using the sound of Whira’s footsteps to lead his way while he looked beyond.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru Cravious is looking for any Kanoka forging ruins hidden in or around the Irnakk's Tooth.

• Like 1

IC: Taja | Desert

"I think so," Taja replied. "My people don't like killing. Not if they can help it. We've always seen ourselves as, well, the good guys. Even in this new land, most of us would hesitate to break that rule. But if you can offer power without such a price... well, I hope they'll take it."

• Like 1

"The... good guys?" If Whisper could frown, she would have done so at those words. "What is that meant to mean?"

@Eyru

• Like 3

Taja opened her mouth to reply, then closed it. Every explanation that came to mind hinged on Whisper knowing something about life in her old universe, or Matoran society, or their legends and stories and customs. How could she boil it all down into facts that her companion could understand? But each footstep reminded her that they had nothing but time, so she took a long moment to sort her thoughts, then tried her best.

"My people believe that it is... better not to kill. Even our warriors, the Toa—" she gestured to herself. "—follow a code that forbids killing your enemies except as a last resort. Otherwise, death should be avoided at all costs.

"To follow from that," she continued. "People who adhere to this code are good, and people who don't are evil. Good people don't take lives unless it's absolutely necessary. Evil people will do anything to achieve their goals, even if that means hurting or killing others. And it's better to be good than to be evil."

She glanced at Whisper, hoping the Aspect was following along. She wasn't sure how much sense this was making.

• Like 3

"But killing is natural," Whisper's nonexistent frown deepened. What Taja called evil to her sounded like the normal, obvious course of events. "Many creatures kill, for food or defence, even for fun in the case of some of the warskaks. This code of yours sounds like a handicap."

@Eyru

• Like 2

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"Not at all. Ask."

Lawful turned his attention to Kanohi, who seemed to be in a state of distress. Reckless’s attention was squarely on Ulkarr.

@The UltimoScorp@Harvali@Onaku

"Well, everything seems to be in hand." Give or take a few hundred corpses. "Shall we get going?"

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro Outskirts

"Let's get moving," she nodded, beginning to set off towards the lake shore. 

@Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

She smiled sadly, trying to recall at least a sliver of what was left in her memories.

"I don't know, it was...many ages ago. If I'm being honest, I don't remember what being a Matoran was even like. I might as well have been born a Toa."

Thinking back, the oldest memory she could think of was her team, and Datrox. Moving to Metru Nui because of the League conflict and trying to find her place there, amongst the many other Toa that had come. Her real home, and being a Matoran...wisps of smoke from a long burnt out candle.

"It's strange. Compared to Stannis, I felt like a child in this armor, but really...I'm not as young as I like to think I am. Maybe it's just all the fighting and the danger--stress making me older, faster."

Nale chuckled to herself. "But I'm getting off-track. You didn't ask me that to hear me ramble, I just...I don't remember how my home island handled things. I just know there has to be a better way than what we've seen. And with the way you talk, maybe..."

She paused. Shook her head.

"...no, you probably wouldn't agree."

@BULiK

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II/The Remains of The Rig

Well, at least McGrokk was alright. And his come-what-may attitude helped Korio feel a little less bad, although the idea a Tahtorak had done this still made him feel a small chill down his spine.

The Vo-Skakdi didn't want to just sit here and watch the pieces of his former home get picked up, so he leaned over to Yumiwak. "Miss Yumi, should I be helping them with the salvage?"

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"It is," she agreed, speaking almost before she realized what she was saying. "I won't argue that killing can sometimes be necessary. Hunting, self-defense... those are times when it's okay. When one life can be saved by taking another's.

"But for sport?" she frowned. "Or just because you can? We believe it's wrong. Life is too precious to be taken for no reason. At least, that's what we believe."

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro

Oreius emerged from the half-ruined building into the afternoon sunshine. Maybe it was just his imagination, but he felt lighter. Like the burden of responsibility had finally fallen from his shoulders. Who cared what happened to the League soldiers? If the people of the village decided to let them go, then he would not stand in their way. And if they chose to seek shelter under Aurax's throne, then he would let them go. The war was over. It was hard, but he had to let it go. These younger beings were still old enough to make their own choices.

But he would still protect his people, the Matoran, as he had always done. The remnants of their civilization could not be lost. And that meant getting them out of this forsaken place. He looked around as he walked towards the edge of town. Metru-Koro was a fool's dream—a barely-there settlement with nothing to its name but sand and barren rock. He had been under the impression that it was only a refugee camp, and that Turaga Sans would shepherd the people away from Metru Nui. Seek refuge elsewhere on the island. Evidently, Sans had changed his mind or been outvoted. But now was as good a time as any to make a new beginning.

First, he needed to find a safe place. He thought about it as he opened the door to his ship. He recalled Sans saying something about another settlement to the north. Po-Koro? That sounded right. He would go investigate and see if it was in any better shape.

"Welcome back, captain," the AI said as the airship rumbled to life.

"Shut it," he replied.

The airship rose soundlessly from the ground as it turned its nose to the north. Within minutes, Metru-Koro looked like a pile of children's blocks on the sands far below.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

She smiled sadly, trying to recall at least a sliver of what was left in her memories.

"I don't know, it was...many ages ago. If I'm being honest, I don't remember what being a Matoran was even like. I might as well have been born a Toa."

Thinking back, the oldest memory she could think of was her team, and Datrox. Moving to Metru Nui because of the League conflict and trying to find her place there, amongst the many other Toa that had come. Her real home, and being a Matoran...wisps of smoke from a long burnt out candle.

"It's strange. Compared to Stannis, I felt like a child in this armor, but really...I'm not as young as I like to think I am. Maybe it's just all the fighting and the danger--stress making me older, faster."

Nale chuckled to herself. "But I'm getting off-track. You didn't ask me that to hear me ramble, I just...I don't remember how my home island handled things. I just know there has to be a better way than what we've seen. And with the way you talk, maybe..."

She paused. Shook her head.

"...no, you probably wouldn't agree."

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Nale's answer was as Knichou feared, confirmation of what his feelings knew to be true: he would never truly feel like a matoran again. Always the outsider. Concealed engineer, exile, refugee, wishful martyr, leader? It was his lot in life.

Perhaps forgetting could do him some good though. If the engineer lived long enough to tell the tale, perhaps the guilt and pain would dull with time. It already had to an extent, but with Keitara and Tuyet returning from beyond the grave, the mistakes Knichou made seemed to be sticking to him with an unnatural sense for irony. Nale's talk of aging did take a toll on Knichou - if stress and fighting accelerated the inevitability of aging, by now Knichou should easily have several months of Toa-ship under his belt, and not just barely over a week.

Nale trailing off brought Knichou back to focus with his overflowing curiosity taking the reigns from his introspection.

"Wouldn't agree with what?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk's Tooth

Cravious swept the volcanic landscape with his vision powers. The mountain was composed of black rock, the evidence of eruptions in ages past. A thin film of dust and ash covered everything; even though he had only been standing here for a few minutes, Cravious felt grimy already. The overcast sky was made darker by the pall of black smoke that drifted endlessly from the volcano, casting the mountain in a perpetual twilight that was lit only by trickling streams of glowing lava. Thankfully, the Skakdi's X-Ray powers would make it easier for him to see in the dim light.

He scanned the mountain thoroughly, with all the patience in the world. Now and then, a jet of volcanic gases would burst from a vent here or there, startling him if he wasn't prepared for it. Centuries of lava flow had decorated the volcano's slopes with ridges and hollows and all sorts of strange rock formations. Any one of them could easily be mistaken for a shrine or a secret place, but a careful investigation of each potential location yielded nothing. 

Hours passed before Cravious finally spotted something. Looking through the rock, he spotted a small shrine of sorts perched over a slowly-flowing river of lava. However, there didn't appear to be any way to access it from the surface: his X-Ray vision found the outline of a tunnel but it was quickly lost in a squiggle of other tunnels that wrapped around each other in the depths of the volcano. If he wanted to get there, he would need to enter the Tooth.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

Viltia picked up the mask, inspecting it. It seemed whole and fully formed, with a slight give. She had shaped the level eight disc of Removes Poison into a noble Matatu, with a few tweaks so she could differentiate from any noble Matatus she made in the future.

She swapped masks, smiling when she felt the energy of the Kanohi waiting to be used. She looked around, trying to find something to try it out on. There wasn’t anything readily apparent. Spark and Match had found the right lenses and had crafted two more powerful lasers. They had scampered off to test out the Kanohi machine.

Circuit, the female Vortixx with the Ruru, had slipped into the building, which was intriguing. She hadn’t shown interest in building anything before. Viltia took notice as Circuit began construction on a piece of tech that looked suspiciously like the one that Spark had said was planted in his backpack. Very sneaky. Viltia wondered why Circuit didn’t want Spark to find out she could make Kanohi machines.

Beruv had finished her designs of the stencils and was finalizing them, with various tools gathered around her for the job ahead.

How could she find poison? And how could she tell if the mask might be better than its Kanoka counterpart? She scratched her mask, thinking. The substance she hoped to purify wasn’t necessarily poisoned. It was just a gamble that it might work.

Purify…

That gave Viltia an idea. If she already was hoping for something outside the range of the Kanoka, why not try something she knew wasn’t going to work and move down from there?

She grabbed the appropriate amount of ore for a disc of Teleportation, inspecting each piece and testing to weight, trying to discern how much ore was actually there. She started heating them up and they slowly melted into one form. She stirred the mixture. Time to test out the mask.

No way this would work, though.

Viltia activated the mask, imagining the impurities in the ore as poison and trying to remove them. To her shock and surprise, it worked! The impurities disappeared as if they hadn’t ever been there. She gasped, frozen in place.

It had worked.

Far better than she had hoped.

She continued forging the disk, cooling it, reforging it, cooling it again. She tested its strength, the tolerances, making sure it hadn’t lost any of its power. It… it seemed fine. She created a cactus on the ground, striking the disc against it. It teleported away. It, she had done it!

Viltia thought about how useful this was going to be. Merging discs without impurities was going to make the process a hundred times easier. Okay, maybe not a hundred, but a lot. Why hadn’t they used this back in their old universe? It was soooo useful.

She tried to remember what Beruv had said.

Oh yeah. You didn’t purify ore with how you used to make Kanoka. You used already purified liquid protodermis that you poured into molds and got a random disc of random power level, power, and Metru designation. So this mask really would have been useless in the old universe.

Viltia held up the Kanoka of Teleportation she had made. Actually, she could use a Kanohi of Quick Travel herself. And if she skipped dinner, she could make one right now.

Oh, Mata-Nui. Was she becoming Beruv?

Viltia grabbed her hammer. No, of course not. Skipping a meal was just for today. Kanoka and Kanohi crafting wasn’t going to turn into an obsession or anything.

OOC: Kanohi of Removes Poison approved by the GMs.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Whira

No no no no nonononono NO NO NO NO NO!

There was no way to avoid it. He couldn’t see any other option. They would have to enter the mountain through the Tooth. Cravious steeled himself. He was already committed. This was for the money.

He stopped Whira from continuing and tapped next to his optics, “I see where we might need to go, but there are no other tunnels leading inside the volcano beside the Tooth itself.” He gestured up the side of the volcano, “I guess we’ll have to go inside that way after all.

Balling his hands into fists and relaxing them a few times, he nodded to himself and started walking, hoping Whira was close behind in case they roused Irnakk’s wrath in any way. After several grueling hours of heat, climbing, and then traversal to the path that led upwards, they stood at the entrance to the volcano.

Cravious checked his gear again and inclined his head to Whira, indicating he was ready. Once more he activated his X-Ray Vision, this time looking for tunnel offshoots as they descended. He tried to keep his mind focused on his task, blocking out all other senses other than sight.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added Cravious.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eyru said:

"But for sport?" she frowned. "Or just because you can? We believe it's wrong. Life is too precious to be taken for no reason. At least, that's what we believe."

"But if you're facing enemies who are willing to kill, and hold back from doing so just to make yourselves out to be more "good" than them, what purpose does that serve?" 

@Eyru

• Like 2

Setting aside the mask to settle, Viltia yawned. She took off her gloves and heavily insulated apron, setting them in their place. Growing an apple, she absorbed it, trying to get a little nutrition after missing dinner. Like all the food she grew, it was perfectly ripe.

Switching out masks for her original one, she made her way to her hut up in the village, throwing herself on her bed. She was so tired. And yet, excited. So many things had gone right that day. And the future only shone brighter.

So many things to work on. Her masks, a Great Disc maybe, the Vuata Maca tree, and helping Spark with his Kanohi machines. Oh yeah, she hadn’t stuck around to see if that second mask of Quick Travel worked.

Eh, tomorrow.

Viltia quieted her mind, thinking of Sidra and Nektann, her two best friends. She hoped they both were doing well.

Night in the swamp was fraught with peril. Filled with shrieks, screams, and sounds of murder. Rahi were learning to avoid the village, but to others that was only a challenge. However, Le-Metru Nuva was kept safe for one more night, and soon the sun began to rise, the dim haze that reached the village through the leaves greeting those who awoke with the sun.

Viltia ended up sleeping an hour later than normal, but she had put in over a full day’s work yesterday. It was well earned.

Grabbing her satchel, she made a round around the village guard posts, making sure everything was safe and all the guards were well stocked with Kanoka. Everything was good, so Viltia went to the forging hut, pushing open the heavy door. Beruv was already inside, working. It was a 50/50 if she had slept or not. Viltia would have to make sure her friend took a break today.

Viltia forgoed her gloves, grabbing the Great Mask of Quick Travel she had left to settle the night before. She inspected it, turning it over in her hands. This time the fins looked very even and well formed. She swapped it with her mask, placing her old mask in her satchel. Well, placing it three fourths of the way into her satchel and then using the strap to keep it closed.

She teleported to the door, stomach braced for a feeling of movement but receiving no feedback. Huh. So it wasn’t super speed and instead actual teleportation. Probably.

Viltia exited the forging hut. Today was a good day for some more exploration, and a chance to see if there were any more undead out there. If they attacked again, the village needed to be ready. Viltia danced around, limbering up and letting her muscles loosen.

Okay, ready.

She pulled out the compass Wing had given her, choosing south southwest. Viltia opened her mind to Observation, letting the swamp flow around her. Then she did several short teleports, since the swamp wasn’t big on visibility.

Each teleport, she paused, feeling for any death in the area. Then she would teleport again, momentarily stopping once more. After a couple minutes of this, a growth of moss in the shape of a giant dome caught her attention. She turned her head, trying to see it in the darkness.

She cautiously moved towards it, pulling out her axe/crossbow and having her Rahkshi Staff at the ready. No plants around her were dying, but the other undead had lain dormant for a couple minutes before revealing themselves. She climbed over several roots and pushed aside a thorned bush. Eventually things thinned out.

The space opened into a clearing, with a large pond, almost a lake, filling the center and winding off behind some far off trees. In the center of the lake sat a giant Shore Turtle, covered in moss that hung from it like vines. The cracks of its shell glowed a bright blue and Viltia could feel bits of electricity in the air. Its breaths filled the clearing, vibrating the air. The water was a foul yellow brown and bubbled for some reason.

Viltia was happy to leave it alone when she noticed something wedged into its shell. It was a Vuata Maca Crystal! She teleported onto its back. And cried out in pain as she was thrown back, electricity coursing through her body. She landed in a heap, tethers twitching around her like dying eels.

She groaned, staring at the leaves above her. Well... that didn’t work.

Viltia eventually pushed herself to her feet, flexing her limbs. Everything felt numb, even her tethers.

The crystal still sat on the giant Shore Turtle’s back, mocking her. The Shore Turtle slowly turned his head to look at her, then retreated into its shell. Suddenly electricity leapt through the air all around. Viltia turned tail and scrambled behind a tree.

Okay, so it turned out she was going to have to earn this.

OOC: Vuata Maca Crystal quest objectives approved by GMs and permission has been given to me so that I can run the encounters myself.

• Like 2

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax chuckled a little. “No Saybo, you didn’t fail me... in fact, you’ve kinda shown me how useful my new power is,” he said. 

He turned and stared at his ACR, deciding on what modifications he wanted to make. After a moment, he walked up to it and began to remove parts of the outer shell of the suit. 

”Saybo, gimme a hand and help me strip this down to the frame,” he said. 

IC, Whira: Irnakk’s Tooth

Whira nodded at Cravious and gestured for him to lead the way. 

• Like 1

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Le-Metru Nuva)

...The Morning After The Battle...

Within the lone, isolated hut, Uraborask slept the events of the previous night away, the adrenaline and fear lulling the Skakdi into a deep slumber...One so deep that his instincts didn't awake him as two Matoran entered the hut, only to discover the large slumped over form of the Skakdi, and a smaller bundle of something within his lap. For a brief moment, the two Matoran discussed what they should do, whether they should get someone or check on the Skakdi, to make sure they were still alive first.

One of the Matoran, either braver, or more foolish than their other companion, gingerly stepped closer to the sleeping Skak and investigated them without yet touching them. Though they were unfamiliar with Skakdi, they knew enough from tales to know that something was off with them. Their spines weren't exposed like they've been told, and the way the Skakdi's skin seemed to shift in hues and shades, maintaining a mottled brown and green. From their cursory observation, they deduced that the Skakdi was soundly asleep, and against the near vocal and vehement protests of their companions, dared to lift the straw like bundle within the Skakdi's lap to see what was in the slowly rising mass...And action that they would nearly regret.

Even with the exhaustion induced from the instinctual fear and pumping adrenaline, Uraborask's senses were still keen enough when someone was messing with his equipment, and without even opening his eyes, launched out, grasping the Matoran by the throat before turning his attention to them, the Matoran's companion to shocked to react.

Uraborask made several sniffing sounds as he examined the Matoran, the sniffs having less to do to with actually smelling where the Matoran has been, but rather simply to instill the fear of Mata-Nui in them, and with the fact that Uraborask's massive hand now encapsulated the Matoran's whole throat and then some, it justly did so. Slowly taking his eyes off the Matoran he held, Uraborask directed his attention to the one in the door frame, taking a few seconds to determine the most likely outcome of the situation, with the most likely outcome being the Matoran and getting help if Uraborask made another sudden move. So, Uraborask kept his movements slow...And gentle...For now. Reaching down while maintaining eye contact, Uraborask gently moved aside the guilly suit that he had in his lap, to reveal the still slumbering form of Skrillix. Slowly looking down, the Bo-Skakdi examined the pup, looking for any obvious signs of injury. And thankfully, there wasn't any...But there was something wrong nonetheless. For the days he had traveled with the pup, Uraborask was barely ever able to get a full nights rest, with the Hapaka awaking early and ever ready to play, but now, they laid there, quiet, tired, and shivering...They were stricken, by what, Uraborask did not know and he hoped that it wasn't anything severe...But he knew what he had to do.

He came into this jungle with a bounty, and he wasn't going to let anything get in the way of that, not even Skrillix. But something tugged at Uraborask, something that compelled him to not just leave the little pup...No, it needed to be left with those who would be willing to care for it, whether willfully...Or by force. Raising his head, Uraborask looked at the Matoran he held hostage, their optics wide with fear, their ocular receptors nothing but peepholes. Shifting his hand, as to not be around the Matoran's throat, but to not to lose a firm grip, Uraborask held the Matoran by the shoulder and then spoke, "Take."

The Matoran was momentarily unsure what to do, but dutifully raised up his arms as Uraborask lifted up Skrillix and passed her off to the Matoran before speaking to them again, a growl in his voice, "Take care of. Sick. understood?" A feeble nod came from the Matoran, but that would have to suffice. Removing his hand slowly, Uraborask offered the Matoran a sardonic, his eyes only momentarily fleeting to take one last look at Skrillix...Before he darted away, quickly moving out of the hut and pushing the Matoran within the door frame aside, nearly causing their plummet and summary death. Reaching the edge of the platform, Uraborask jumped, his own intuition and his vision power guiding him as he leaped and climbed from branch to vine, eventually making it to the jungle floor in a fantastic fashion.

Reaching the jungle floor, Uraborask took a moment to gather his breath and to survey his surroundings. The water was high, up to his shins, and it was stagnant, no doubt already acting as a breeding ground for various insects and parasites. Looking towards where he believed he came from, annoyance flashed across the Skakdi's face, for on its side and halfway sunk into the mud and grime, was the truck he arrive in. It was a shame, and a waste, not that he cared for the vehicle, no, but rather that he didn't get enough use out of it, and that he was going to drag his quarry halfway across Zakaz himself. But he was fine with that fact, for this was not the first time he had to lug a prize twice his size halfway across the Zakazian wilderness, and this would not be the last...Or so he thought.

Uraborask & ??? (The Fau Swamp)

...The Night After The Battle...

Uraborask trekked through the swamp, sticking to the shallowest patches and traversing on roots or through branches when he could. Uraborask knew much about the Fau Swamp, and though his knowledge only extended so far, but it was enough to know the basics; what plants were deadly, how to tell the markings of a predators territory, knowing where to step in the shallow waters, and that when the jungle is silent that an active predator is present...And it was that last piece of knowledge that let Uraborask know that he was being hunted. Turning around, Uraborask was just able to roll out of the way in time as a large, near-black Rahi jumped down from the canopy towards him, their wings spread out to control their descent as their tail was raised and ready to strike.

Rolling to the side, the tail struck into the mud where Uraborask once was, the twinned stingers yanking themselves free as the Rahi that Uraborask only recognized in fragmented parts now glared at him with a malign intellect that Uraborask could only just recognized. The creature, whatever it was, let out a fierce growl, one that could almost be made out to be words, or at least a single word, but Uraborask was not focused on what the thing was saying, but rather, to commit to fight, or flight. Whatever this was, it was an unknown, a Rahi that Uraborask didn't recognized, only it's abstract constitute parts, and though he could assume, the hunter did not like uncertainty when dealing with his prey. In the current moment, flight would have been the best of the two options...But...Something compelled the Bo-Skak to fight. Whether it was his inherent Skakdi desire for a fight, or his need to prove himself after such a cowardly display the previous night, or simply that this thing theoretically qualified for whatever madness that Vo-Skakdi Cravious had planned, it didn't matter, all that mattered now, was that within this moment, within this part of the jungle, it was just Uraborask, and this monster.

The two primal hunters circled each other, each of them eyeing the other, waiting for the other to strike, and it was the monster that struck forth. Lunging forth, it's neck extending forwards with a rapid move, the jaws snapping down with steel crushing strength, Uraborask jumped back, using a nearby tree to help avoid the blow. Quickly jumping to the side, Uraborask ready to strike back when the creature swung out with one of its long arms, forcing the Bo-Skakdi to duck beneath it to avoid being struck.

Rolling back, the creature quickly turned to face him, and this time growing more impatient, charge the Skakdi. Uraborask, accepting the challenge, charged as well. And as the two masses were about to meet, Uraborask ducked low, and sidestepped to the side, giving him the chance to grapple the thing around its midsection, and getting a hold onto the stinger as well. Although whatever-it-was was quite large, nearly larger than a full-grown Muaka, Uraborask was a genetic freak, and was born to grapple Rahi larger than himself into submission. But one benefit that the Skakdi had, was surprise and fatigue, and he lacked surprised, and this was no normal Rahi of bio-mechanical nature. No, this thing was merely a vessel for an entity that did not suffer from such mortal failings.

Struggling against the Skakdi's grip, fatigue starting to take Uraborask himself, and with a momentary slip, the creature broke free. Staggering back, the monster didn't give Uraborask a chance, as it lunged forwards, it's massive claw, a mixture between those of a Muaka and a Tarakava, pinned the Bo-Skakdi beneath the creature's weight. Frantically attempting to free himself, Uraborask swung forth with one of his hands, his trusty jaw-bone machete in hand, as it raked across the creature's underside, eliciting a horrible cry...Which was immediately met with another made by Uraborask, for as if summoned from the shade of his own shadow, a tendril lashed forward, and like a needle, pierced his wrist before coiling around his arm and hand, entrapping it against the swamp floor.

Glaring down towards him, Uraborask met the eyes of a Rahi, a monster, a... "Y o u  A r e  M i n e  N o w...S k a k d i." ...Oh...Oh he now knew what he fought, and he now knew what he fought was his end. He knew that he was doomed the second the Aspect...Marked him for death. He could kill Rahi, he could kill Skakdi, Karz, given time, he could probably kill a Toa or even the Tahtorak, but an Aspect...He couldn't kill that, for why else would he not have a single trophy from such a hunt. Looking up towards the Aspect, Uraborask only grinned now, for at least a worthy predator was to kill him, and not some Mahi posing as a Kavinika...

Uraborask met his death with dignity and pride, as Apex's jaws closed down on the Skakdi's throat, tearing out his vocal systems and main circulatory channel. And as she tore into the Skakdi, more out of a cruel and spiteful hatred than any natural need to feed, she took care to pry the heartlight from the nameless-to-her Skak's corpse, for safe keeping. And as she further tore into the Skakdi, her ravenous display was interrupted as she spied a worm, though now torn off, obviously once attached to the Skakdi. And that only flared her rage, as she crush the remains beneath her claws and consumed the worm's remains, the thought of her kin granting such vile intruders their power, her power, being a grave insult.

Once she was done, the body torn apart and strewn about, Apex returned to Le-Metru Nuva and its border, the water and mud quickly masking the silver fluid the covered her maw and claws, as she went back to ensuring the borders of the settlement, her thoughts not even sparing the Skakdi one last moment.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian It's been a long time coming that I cut off this loose end. This isn't the exact way I wanted things to go out, but it had to be done, for my own sake. Goodbye, Uraborask, the Hunter.

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Stone and Ice
In two temples one light flashed. Two fell to the floor, burned and changed. Two vanished without a hint to their destination. All their worldly possessions fell to the floor. The light dimmed. Voices cried out in concern, unanswered.

One existed
Golden
Formless
Beyond

Two joined
Vibrant
Dismantled
Dead

Two left
Silver
Restored
Alive

Both experienced death -- absolute, finite, never-ending, always expanding -- from the moment they vanished to the moment they returned through a doorway of golden light, each to the temple they left. Their bodies were stronger now, their eyes lit with a golden glow, and they felt a power all their own and until now dormant. They felt new power as well: the power of their Great Disk. 

They drew breath again in the chamber they left. For one, it was cold and biting. For the other it was hot and dry. They embodied their elements: they were no longer separate from the element they controlled. They were one and the same, and control was no longer necessary. 

A vision remained, one from the time before their rebirth. They stood alone bathed in white light, their bodies bare. There was silence, stillness. At last, their feet found a floor in a world of possibility. The floor was like a pool of water, rippling and transparent. Something below rose from the depths, or did it fall? Its feet found the floor as well, but in reflection of their own. They stretched upwards, and it stretched down -- an ancient power waiting to be claimed. They knew where their own could be found, and they knew all it needed was them to let go, reach out, and become one body and one mind. 

As they stood in their temples once more, the wall behind them where the word NUVA once rested swirled Instead as a portal of rainbow light from floor to ceiling. Beyond were glimpses of a valley, a lake, and a temple. They knew the power waited for them through the rippling portal. 

They also knew their names.

Atamai Nuva, bathed in the light of Tren Krom.

Sidra Nuva, bathed in the light of Tren Krom. 

A toa of plasma curled on the floor of Sidra Nuva's temple, his body changed as well in the blinding moment of her death. He was Leklo Nuva Proxima, bathed in the light of Tren Krom, and his heartlight beat feverishly as his body struggled to accept the sudden changes. His melted mask covered his face, cooling into a kind of skin. His eyes glowed faintly. The light was in him as it was in her, but only a taste.

--------

OOC: congratulations to those who became Nuva. Apologies for the mobile post. I will edit it in post soon. @EmperorWhenua, Leklo is now Nuva Proxima (see rules topic for new character traits). @~Xemnas~ and @Nato the Traveler your characters gain the following:

NUVA (Character Changes):

• Sudden Healing: All prior physical injuries, diseases, and psychological effects (i.e. hypnosis) are cured or removed.
  • Flawed Conscience: you gain two new psychological flaws of your choice.
  • Great Disk Empowered: As a breed quirk, you may concentrate and fire a beam of energy with the same power type as the Great Disk used in your Nuva transformation at a target within your sight. You may use this breed quirk with the same strength and control as a toa controls their innate element.
  • Shared Element: You may share your element and breed quirks with up to two other willing creatures you see within your elemental range. 
  • Nuva Masks: the mask you were wearing is fused to your face and its abilities are considered one of your breed quirks. Pick a new mask to wear over your fused mask. This new mask is your Nuva mask. It’s appearance is more organic than other masks. You may share your Nuva mask’s power with up to two other willing creatures you see within your elemental range. While you may personally use both mask powers, you can only share the powers of your Nuva mask. If you could not use kanohi masks before, you now gain a breed quirk that says: “you may wear kanohi masks and access their powers.”
  • Increased Elemental Aptitude: Your mastery of the elements you control have increased twofold, including the ability to place a portion of your elemental power into an elemental effect that can be delayed to the time of your choosing. Each time you delay an elemental effect, you can share your elemental abilities, breed quirks, and mask power with one less willing creature. 
    • For example: Lewa creates a tornado in a specific field, but he wills the wind to wait for two days before becoming the tornado he designed. For the next two days, Lewa is only able to share his element and Nuva mask powers with one willing creature. 
    • Please remember to play fairly, and think from the punching down a house metaphor regarding character power level to punching down half a city block. You are powerful, more so than the average being in Six Kingdoms, but you can still be defeated.
  • Elemental Ability Acquired: If you previously did not have elemental powers, or if you needed a tool or another being to access your elemental powers, you gain the following breed quirk: “you may now use your own base element at toa level. If you did not have a base element, pick one element to be your base element.”
  • Chosen Pilot, Living Key: you are the chosen primary pilot of the kaita mech assigned to you. Your assigned kaita mech is the same element as the ruin where your Nuva transformation occurred. For example, becoming Nuva in the Ruin of Air assigns the Air Kaita Mech. You must be piloting your assigned Kaita mech for it to run. See your Kaita Mech’s profile for additional information.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 6

Happy chat.

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"No. Who is this 'Stannis'?"

Both Reckless and Lawful seemed to recall that name, but from where? They couldn’t go back within range of the Hive to access the database, or they’d become pawns of the Barraki again. Reckless seemed to become angrier hearing it, but he didn’t know why. Lawful was able to remember at least one detail. A Toa named Stannis had been involved somehow in the investigation surrounding the assassination of Nuparu - their father.

@The UltimoScorp@Harvali@Onaku

Ostrox didn’t much appreciate Iradra following them, but her morose silence was tolerable compared to the self-righteous prattling of Skorm and Oreius. Throwing words around like 'neutral' and 'innocent' while clearly not understanding what they meant. The only reason he and Zaliyah was still alive was so they can maintain their delusion of being heroic, despite championing the God of Tyranny. It wasn’t as if Mata Nui’s true nature was a secret, it was blindingly obvious to anyone paying attention. Did they think the entire universe rose up against them on a whim? Only the fact that he existed was a surprise.

He knew the peace wouldn't last. Once the Skakdi and the Sphere had been dealt with it was only a matter of time before the halflings wanted things they didn't want to work to achieve. And the League would have to do the heavy lifting, wouldn't they? Serves them right for daring to rebel against their rightful masters! Who cared if Mata Nui was as much a charlatan as they were? Judging from their subdued reactions in the infirmary, THEY CERTAINLY DIDN'T.

"Remind me why you're tagging along, again?" He asked Iradra. "I think we're quite capable of getting home ourselves." Special emphasis was placed on 'home' to make a point of who ran 'the City of Legends'.

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

Barius paused in his feasting with the rest, captivated by Grime's song. Even in his altered state of mind, he could perceive the significance of the performance.

There's something off about that Matoran, he noted to himself. Hunger sated, he pushed himself back from the table, chair whining against the floor, and gave the singer a standing ovation.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Conway @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Entering Mesi Tunnels

Providence shot ahead of the group as they entered the hidden tunnel, enthusiasm as out of place as ever against the bleak environs of the Dead Forest.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

He pondered the question carefully. "I'm not certain what I had ought to think. For a long time I have held a view of Aspects as being duplicitous manipulators, whose interests necessarily ran counter to those of other beings. And, indeed, much of me still wants to hold onto this view, as I know that many of your kin still do business with the Skakdi raiders who I so despise. As Aspects are the only example of the element of shadow which I have come across, my view of the element is much the same."

He cocked his head. "And yet, here I am, conversing with one, after having allowed myself to be desecrated by her. Sharing a common goal - multiples common goals - with her. It seems callous to say that you are an exceptional specimen among an otherwise evil species, so I am left not knowing what to conclude."

Perhaps that I've sunk to their level? He wondered to himself.

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Ollem - Near the Remnants of The Rig

Ollem raised an eyebrow at Kas' assertion that a telescope, of all things, would be their means of reaching the floating city. He worried that a century of isolation might have driven the Toa bonkers.

Nonetheless, he began to put one foot in front of the other, walking steadily towards the bridge which separated them from the island where the massive device was waiting for them. "Not the strangest thing I've heard today."

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: [Vhisola]

Vhisola did as she was told, but that queasy feeling wouldn’t leave her alone. Fighting against her instinctive need to try and help her friend and breathing heavily, she ducked low, hands gripping the edge of the wall so tightly her knuckles ached and she felt shaky on her legs. This was really getting to her.

Meanwhile, Nixie didn’t nod, but she did stop hissing and then tilted her head, not unlike a bird, as she took a very cautious step forward, eyes fixated on the Toa before her. Her clawed legs knocked over some cups and other utensils the two Matoran had eaten with earlier. The noise made them both flinch, but luckily nothing more. In the dim light now hitting her, Okuo could see that the reptilian head still bore features of the Kanohi she’d worn, though heavily distorted. Armored scales ran down her back and along the tail. The protrusions on the shoulders turned out to be Rhotuka launchers of some sort, twitching, ready to be used at any moment.

The creature took another step forward, this one more decided and accompanied by a soft growl. Even if the panic had subsided a little, Okuo still sensed confusion. She was still figuring out if the Toa was a threat. And even if he wasn’t, he was still an intruder to her. 

She wasn’t just reacting to his presence anymore, she was testing him.

OOC: @Onaku

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Great Aurax truly was merciful and justly fit to be praised. Saybo silently thanked his Great Being through prayer even as he moved to help.

The ACR was new to Saybo, as he had never seen a mecha of this quality before. But one learned a lot of odd jobs as a Dark Hunter. Or at least Saybo had. He had gone on a lot of undercover missions and learned a lot about many things. Never enough to be considered an expert, but enough that he was comfortable jumping into any job he might have to.

So he was able to move with purpose, hands working the required tools to help Aurax strip down his ACR to its frame. The designs of its parts weren't so different than he was used to, the tech itself was different, but not the nuts and bolts that held it all together.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Location - The Fau Swamp

With - NPC Shoal Turtle

Viltia climbed, limbs tingling as their receptors came back online after the shock. She found a branch that grew out over the small lake the Shoal Turtle was in. Its deep breathing had returned to normal as it extended from its shell and continued eating. Several small birds picked at bugs on its back.

Viltia’s tethers extended to grab branches without her even needing to look. Her connection to the Green allowed her to sense where branches were and that allowed her subconscious to take over and move her tethers without much thought, much like how she moved her own limbs.

She tried to be quiet as she lowered herself above the giant Shoal Turtle. One silver tendril lowered even farther, not even reaching its limit as it extended down forty feet. Viltia ever so gently grabbed the Vuata Maca Crystal… and quickly released it as it sent a shock up through her tether!

It didn’t hurt as much as when she had teleported onto it, but still, OUCH!

Okay, so that didn’t work. How could she grab the thing without getting fried? Oh! Viltia created a long vine, tying a knot on the end and forming a living lasso. She lowered it, trying to keep it on course. The giant Rahi was oblivious to her scheming above him.

She failed several times to get the loop around the crystal. When she did get it, she almost cried out in joy, but sheepishly withstrained herself. She carefully tightened the loop, pulling it snug. Then she tugged hard, trying to dislodge the crystal.

It wasn’t coming loose, so she tried to pull harder, arms straining. Then it finally came loose, thankfully her tethers kept her in place. She brought up the vine, embarrassed with herself when she saw her results. The vine had come loose, not the crystal. Oops.

She Absorbed the vine, regaining its energy. She scratched her mask. What else could she do?

Swinging her legs from the branch she was seated on, Viltia ran her hand along its bark, trying to sense its history while she tried to think. It was an old tree, with several black growths Viltia sensed housed cavities, probably for insect colonies. It had strong roots, though, and its long reaching branches did their best to touch the sky.

Long reaching branches…

Viltia smiled and Controlled the branch she sat on, causing it to reach down to the Vuata Maca Crystal. The end of it curled around the crystal, gripping it strongly. She wiggled it back and forth, trying to loosen it. Then with a -crack!-, it came free. Viltia quickly put the limb back in place and went over to inspect the crystal. It was still whole, and had a piece of the giant Shoal Turtle’s shell stuck to it from where the shell had broken.

But the crystal was fine, and shone in her hands. She could feel the energy running through it as it almost hummed in her hands. She clutched it to her chest, using her other hand to pull out her compass. She plotted the course home and did several more teleports, eventually sensing the Vuata Maca tree.

She climbed high in the air, bypassing the wall of bark and entered the clearing. The tree stood as it had, vile tar oozing from it. It was a sad sight. One she hoped to change. Viltia slowly moved forward, waving aside the insects that gathered around the tree.

As the crystal touched the tree, the bark swallowed it. Or absorbed it? It was hard to tell. The tree itself seemed to awake, bark healing and limbs growing stronger. Even the rotting fruit was given new life. The moss covering it had even changed, going from a dead brown to a tan. But the corruption remained. The tree wasn’t fully healed. Blackish brown tar still came from cracks in the bark, though the flow was lessened and the cracks smaller.

So it needed two crystals to heal it completely. Viltia thought of the Nui-Rama that had stolen the other crystal. She needed to go find the hive it had taken the crystal to. But her mask of Quick Travel wasn’t enough. The Fau Swamp was too dense, too dark to teleport long distances. What she needed was that mask of Flight. Well, what she wanted was a mask with multiple powers, but yeah right, like that was ever going to happen.

And with how excited she was right now, she could make the mask of Growth later. Her mask of Rahi Control should be enough to handle the hive. Uh, well, if she was smart. But she could handle it. Yeah, she wasn’t just some fresh Toa anymore. The Fau Swamp had given her experience far beyond what other Toa had to deal with back in her old universe. She could do it.

Viltia left the clearing, mind on the task ahead. Flight needed a disc of Levitation and a disc of Speed, which meant she had to merge two Kanoka three times. Easy, considering the work she had been doing trying to figure out Truth and Time Duplication.

• Like 2

"If you have such a strong belief in how Matoran should govern themselves, then maybe you can help give this village a headstart now that it's lost its only leader. Talk with some people, including those that aren't Matoran. See what they think should be done."

Nale looked around the village again.

"And if you don't think you can, that's fine. Always other options."

@BULiK

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

With - Le-Metru Nuva NPCs

Viltia’s optics opened wide in surprise as Beruv held up several merged Kanoka. She hugged her friend, “Thank you so much! You shouldn’t have.

Beruv chuckled, “Well, before you came along, I was the only one whose job it was to make Kanoka. You’re just a part time wannabe.” She smiled, patting Viltia on the arm, “I also made some Levitation and Increase Weight dics in case we need to move something heavy or make something stop levitating, but those aren’t to be used as ingredients for other discs. You can make those on your own time if you need them.” Beruv went back to work, leaving Viltia to look over the provided discs.

She pulled out her book to double check the custom symbols Beruv used for the non-normal eight powers. The one merged Kanoka that stuck out to her the most was the one of speed. She had needed one for the mask of Flight.

The door cracked behind her, noticed only by the rush of air let in, not the noise, as the forge crackled with heat and Beruv moved about. Viltia turned to see Circuit, the female Vortixx checking out the inside of the hut. Viltia called out to her, motioning her to come in.

Seeing Spark wasn’t there, the Voritxx with the Ruru did just that.

Viltia went and grabbed her mask of Removes Poison. “Hey, do you think you could create a Kanohi machine for a Removes Poison mask?

Circuit looked around, confirming Spark really wasn’t there. She hadn’t ever heard of a Kanohi of Removes Poison before. It would test her already considerable skills to create a machine to run it. She liked the idea of that. “It depends, what would you want it to do? Not that I even can make Kanohi machines of course, in case Spark asks.

Viltia turned the mask over in her hands, her tethers pulled close since she was in the forging hut, “Well what I want it to do is purify ore of its impurities, with some kind of dial to choose what impurities to leave in so we can choose which Metru-designation to make the disc. Is that even possible?

A multi-purpose Kanohi machine? Circuit had only made one like it before, and it only had two purposes. But… she had already laid the groundwork for it. It might be possible. The mask power seemed tame, which greatly helped when trying to program for it. “Maybe,” she said with a far off look in her optics, “Let’s find out.” She grabbed a couple tools she had come for from off of Spark’s designated work desk and left the hut.

Viltia was left standing there alone. Uh, okay. That happened. She hadn’t really interacted much with Circuit before, so she wasn’t sure what to expect anyway. Viltia shrugged to herself, switching out her mask for Removes Poison. She picked up a disc of Teleportation and a disc of Weaken.

Grabbing her gloves and heavy apron, she laid the discs on top of each other in a special mold made for merging discs. She heated the forge, throwing in more wood and a couple chunks of coal. Soon they would get even more coal. The miners had said work was going great with the new mask of X-Ray Vision. That brought her joy, to hear she was helping those she sought to protect.

Sliding in the mold, the two discs started to warm, then they started to melt. Soon after, they started to merge. Teleport discs liked to teleport around the chunks of the other disc, making it uneven, and Weaken discs liked to ruin the integrity of the other disc by creating impurities. The way around this was making sure the resulting disc was evenly mixed and constantly being stirred. It kept the individual powers from grouping and activating.

And with her mask of Removes Poison, she easily got rid of the impurities that would have threatened this whole process in the past. She was so glad she had made this mask. In a much shorter time than it normally took, and with no reforging required (well, this time), she had her disc of Levitation.

Viltia exited the hut while the disc settled, sitting against the mud bricks that formed a sturdy wall. Whew! even though it was easier with this mask of Removes Poison, it was still hard work. She would rest for a bit, then merge the discs of Levitation and Speed. Hopefully things would be easier there, too. Merging already merged discs was generally a nightmare.

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

"No, you were right, I disagree. My strong belief about how Matoran should govern themselves is that they should govern themselves - the details of how exactly that should happen are problems I'm not fit to solve. Now that I'm a Toa, my place is helping implement what the Matoran decide, whenever and however best I can with the powers I have. Stannis was wise to stay away from acquiring too much power, whether it be political influence or technolo-"

He watched a Toa of fire enter the airship next to the Taku and take off, flying north.

"Who was that?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tobduk-Koro:

"A toa, like me! Well, he's a heck of a lot older, and he's a little strange, but he's definitely a Toa! Anyway you kinda reminded me of him, so I figured I'd ask, y'know?"

Kat shook her head, "More importantly, while we wait for the others to finish up, wanna fight?"

• Like 1