Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

Nale barely got a glimpse of the body, before turning to Knichou. "Mind if I step outside for a moment? Make sure no one...wanders in."

Without waiting for a response, she went outside and stood near the hut's doorway. She already knew. Didn't need to see it to prove it.

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: [Vhisola]

The changed Nixie growled once more, trying to get some kind of reaction out of the Toa, but as Okua settled down, she bristled once more, before visibly relaxing. Whether it was some remaining recognition or just Rahi instinct, the former Matoran did not perceive him as a threat anymore. If that was just for the moment or a more permanent attitude towards him remained to be seen. Of course that left him with the question of what to do next.

Vhisola risked shakily peeking over the edge of the wall once more. “Is it safe now?” she asked nervously.

IC [Zataka/Kunok McGrokk - Outside McGrokk’s shoppe]:

So she was to help this Skakdi princess kill a dragon, so to speak.

She thought about it for a moment. Yumiwak was right insofar that left unchecked, this Tahtorahk would be a danger to the Matoran as well. They weren’t exactly her people per se. She didn’t hold the same love for them she held for those she’d left behind to go to Metru-Nui and defend. But - the Matoran also didn’t deserve this. If stopping this thing ensured she could go home and it protected them at the same time, she supposed that would fall fully under the parameters of helping Yumiwak she had outlined to the Skakdi earlier. Well, as long as she knew what exactly she was doing, that was. And while ‘making a better one’ did sound like a plan - it didn’t sound like the most sane of ideas. She'd have to ask her about that.

So she moved to speak, but halted as the Skakdi trader suddenly snapped his fingers loudly and tapped his temple, eyes lit up with recollection. 

He had promised Yumiwak the gun, hadn’t he? Yes, he had. “Of course, of course. A good reminder.” he said and turned around, disappearing inside. The sounds of rather thorough rummaging began a moment later, until finally a very audible “A-ha!” rang out and Kunok reappeared, carrying the shiny projectile weapon with both hands.

“Well, well…” Zataka cut in, speaking up before the Skakdi princess could. The titan stood, one hand on a cocked hip and a bemused look playing across her features.

“That solves the mystery of how you knew where to start looking for me.”

“I suppose I did discard it, so finders keepers. But, unless your friend here has an armory that knows their stuff I’m not sure it’s good for more than looks right now.”

She looked at Kunok. “Unless you’re holding out on us?”

Her tone was more inquisitive than a challenge, so McGrokk didn’t take it personally, even though some of his lackeys did snarl in response.

“I resent the accusation.” he simply shot back, with a smirk. So, no ammo from him then. Zataka glanced at Yumiwak.

“Well, then I guess I know a thing or two more that might prove useful. Kordak rounds is one of them.”

“And in return, you can tell me just how one goes about creating a giant monster in order to fight another.”

OOC: @Onaku @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone)

"Of course." Ulkarr gently let his halberd down on the ground. His body began to move in a stiff, bizarre warm-up.

"The first move is yours."

Reckless was watching intently. He would record this altercation to memory.

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Navu’s Hut)

Navu spoke through her hands, covering her hands and nose, giving it a muffled, nasal quality.

"Something, yeah. It had black armour, long arms, and was covered in moss. The ice wasn’t the cause of death, I don’t think. I think he was still alive when Falh… I don’t understand why he did it. Datrox and I tried to help him. He seemed like he was sick, or something."

@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 1

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins of Stone Exterior:

An all too comfortable grin slid over Kat's face, as she widened her stance, her feet sliding across the stone and sand, knees bent, arms raised in preperation of the battle to come.

The Flame within grew in anticipation. The young Dragon Monk's entire body seemed to vibrate with power, before settling.

"Alright, then, ready or not, here I come!"

She dashed forward, a sudden blur of movement, but unlike so many times before, no flames were left in her wake, her speed was all her own, for now. Her right arm extended in a flash of movement as she threw a simple, straight punch, to gauge her partner's defenses and abilities.

She didn't know what he was capable of taking yet, so she didn't want to overdo it! This was just a bit of practice after all!

@Toru Nui

Edited by The UltimoScorp
youtube embeds are hard
  • Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Navu's Hut

Knichou nodded as Nale began to leave the hut. While Knichou was not very familiar with handling corpses, everyone still alive had seen enough death for a lifetime from the wars and the collapse, and the engineer didn't blame Nale for not wanting to spend any more time closer to another dead body. Knichou circled the body as Navu continued her account of the murder, noticing the crude hole in the ice around Datrox's chest, leading to a cavity where the Toa's heartlight was supposed to be. Definitely a demonic ritual, and this black-armored moss man fit the description of a shadowy sibling to Whisper, but clearly this was an aspect Knichou had not met before. More mysteries, but maybe Whisper could match this description with one of her kind, not that the aspect would be willing to help capture this suspect to pay for their crimes.

"Hmm... good to know. Whatever this being is, it probably convinced Falh to do the murder. They... have a way with words, sometimes. Promises of power that require such sacrifices. If we see Falh we'll be sure to bring him to justice."

Knichou reached into his amorphous backpack and fished around until he found one of a few heatstones he carried on him. He had enough of the fist-sized crystals to fill a magazine of his lightstone rifle if necessary, because the rifle's overcharging effect had a more flammable result on heatstones than with the lightstones it typically fired. Grasping the raw heatstone, his gauntlet immediately adapted to insulate himself from the intense heat, and Knichou began to use the exothermic crystal to melt the ice around the body.

For a brief moment Knichou's illuminating green eyes locked with the lifeless dark pits on Datrox's maskless face, and Knichou shivered, despite his suit completely insulating him from the cold room. Knichou didn't know who this Datrox fellow was, but he must have been doing something right if he was trying to help a sick toa like Falh. It wouldn't be right to bury a Toa like this. While Knichou had no idea if any of the survivors remembered Datrox from before the collapse, the engineer hoped that if the situation was reversed, he would be treated similarly, regardless of his history.

As more and more ice melted away, the stench of the dank body intensified and the details became more clear. Datrox was frozen at the end of a sword swing, but his head was turned to not look at his long-gone quarry. The blackened protosteel blade Datrox carried was massive, looking like the sort of impractical yet elegant weaponry that would adorn the walls of a tavern. The blade's metallic properties helped it melt off the ice more quickly, and when Datrox's hands were unfrozen, Knichou carefully pried the weapon out of Datrox's surprisingly rigorous grasp. It's large size and weight was too much for Knichou to control from such a grip and position, and the weapon fell to the ground with a surprising mix of a clang and a splash.

After an awkward pause as the sound reverberated through the air, the ex-Ghost continued to melt away the ice with the heatstone, slowly laying Datrox on his back in the process as more and more of the frozen Toa was freed. Datrox's left arm, curiously, was a robotic prosthetic. Knichou knew enough from his research into robotics to recognize it as one of the more advanced Xian designs. It was derivative from Nynran work in some ways, and Knichou harrumphed at the thought of those trade disagreements the Ghosts had with the competing island a long time ago. Such matters felt trivial now, in this new world.

Once Datrox was lying still on the wet floor of the hut, Knichou returned the heatstone to his backpack. He unfastened a large sheath from Datrox's torso, sliding the leather bandolier out from under the body and placing it near the sword. The dead Toa didn't appear to have many other possessions on him, not even a mask to cover his face. The engineer was still disturbed by the pained, lifeless face without a kanohi to cover it. He glanced around Navu's hut, and looked to a small makeshift curtain covering a window in the hut. He detached the ragged brown piece of cloth and draped it over Datrox's face.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja nodded as they finally walked back into Metru-Koro. If you asked her, she couldn't have honestly said how long the journey had taken. The days and nights seemed to blend together, bending time in odd ways. But she was back. And it looked like the village hadn't yet been totally razed, so that was good. Still, it wasn't in great shape. Craters and blast marks were proof of the League's attack, and many huts had been destroyed. Rubble was everywhere. Some cleanup efforts had begun, but most of the work was yet to be done.

She looked around as she walked, hoping to see someone she recognized. She didn't know who was in charge now that Sans had passed away, but hopefully they would be open to the power that she and Whisper now carried.

OOC: Taja and Whisper open for interaction. @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

Vulimai spent her time after her speech patrolling through the streets of Metru-Koro, checking in on any citizens who may need help and offering orders to anyone who needed directions. It was tiring work, as Vulimai didn't give herself a moment of rest. She was leader now, and it was her Duty now to ensure the settlements security.

Nearing the southern portion of the village, doing another patrol after directing two guards on where to take the remaining portions of rubble, Vulimai spied sight of two individuals? One seemed to be Toa, a Toa Vulimai actually recognized as Taja. The other...Well to call it an individual was something Vulimai wasn't sure was right. The thing, was more akin to some mass of tentacles, wings, and shadow and gave Vulimai chills at the sight. But Taja didn't seem alarm by it, and so Vulimai approached the pair wearily but not openly hostile.

"Toa Taja, I see you have returned. And...You have brought...A companion?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"I am Whisper," she spoke up, "Aspect of Change. Bringer of gifts. Friend of this settlement. And you are?"

@Sparticus147 @Eyru

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"An Aspect of Makuta. One of the species native to this world." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

"It's good to see you, Vulimai," Taja replied. "Of course I'll help with the rebuilding effort. Actually..." she glanced at Whisper. "That's why we're here. Whisper and I investigated a temple in the swamps to the south. We found secret knowledge there. Something that might help us repair the village and prepare for any other attacks."

She coughed. "You're the current leader of Metru-Koro? Then you should hear about it first. Is there anywhere private we can go?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

"I'm... not sure... she doesn't seem to regard me as a threat any more at least. Just... give me a moment longer." Okuo dipped a hand into his pocket. A small unopened packet of rations, jerky. He opened it up and retrieved a piece of jerky and lifted it up, before gently placing it on the ground between him and the allegedly former Nixie, before returning to his sitting position and watching for what she would do.

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Ardoku - Todbuk-Koro

I looked up as the red Toa and the other beings left to go fight, if I understood correctly. I was unsure what to think of this at the time, having only memories of fighting as a last resort when cornered, but despite this the concept didn't seem too strange. It made sense, to fight for the sake of fighting, if you were honing your skill. No doubt I'd done some of that myself in the time lost to me, seeing as how I'd known... no, felt exactly how I was supposed to use the sword when I was forced to use it.

I quickly returned back to the present, still kneeling next to the matoran who was apparently in charge of the village. A job he didn't seem ready for. "Hey... how about a break? When's the last time you took a break and just relaxed?"

@Harvali

• Like 3

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

Kat’s hit connected - and from force of impact, Ulkarr keeled over, doing nothing to stop himself from stumbling. His expression did not even change.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-"

@The UltimoScorp

Navu was quiet as Knichou thawed Datrox. After he had finished, she thought it prudent to give further details.

"Datrox didn’t have anywhere to stay, so I offered him to stay at my place. The next day, when the League turned up to threaten the Turaga, he and Falh - first time I saw him, I don’t know if they already knew each other -  they had words with one of them - the creepy smiling purple one - warning him not to try anything, but he didn’t seem to take them seriously. Then Falh’s, uh, symptoms began. I offered Datrox to take him to my place. I tried to find a medic, or a doctor, but no one would help me, and when I came back, they were fighting each other. Falh was blaming Datrox for something, threatened me to leave, and because he’s over twice my height and got elemental powers I did. I came back later because NO ONE WOULD HELP ME, and..."

Navu grew visibly more distressed and angry the further she got into her explanation. She wasn't sure why. There was nothing she could have done. Nothing. She could do only nothing.

@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 2

IC: Grime | Fort Nektann

He stared at the dark being who requested his presence. Korruhn said he wanted music, alone and in private. Grime lived among skakdi, among aspects, and among toa too long before. He knew what that truly meant. They all saw Grime as little more than an easily exploitable tool. He was not cherished. Disrespect was normalized over the centuries. Grime served. He saw the same emotion in Korruhn's eyes and posture now: greedy.

He looked in the direction of Drukarus and saw him sitting by Barius. Korruhn watched Grime stare and wait. Then Grime nodded softly as an answer and rose from his stool. 

"I know just the place. It has a little balcony where you can see the stars, and we can be left alone. Follow me?"

Grime waited for Korruhn's answer. It was just them in the corner now, Caedast  having long since wandered away in search of sandwiches. 

OOC: @Crimson Jester

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

As Sorilax lay on the Suva-Kaita, he felt no connection to the shrine. Instead, he felt helpless, only able to concentrate on what remaining strength remained of his true form to remain conscious. 

The lights on the Suva-Kaita flickered. The shrine began to turn, to rise upwards again through the spiraling staircase. It traveled back towards Kini-Nui far above, Sorilax still on top of it. Eventually, he felt the warmth of sunlight returning. How long had he been down in the darkness?

The shrine came to a stop, sealing the way below, in the full light of the afternoon. Sala was nowhere to be seen. 

Sidra Nuva felt the warmth of the afternoon sun, heard the sounds of jungle rahi, and felt the cool wind off a silver lake surrounding an ancient temple down in the valley's center. She could see through the portal to the Elemental Ruins of Ice, although the shapes of Leklo and Ultann beyond the veil looked like watercolor paintings. The smell of trees untainted by the marshy waters of the Day Swamps, brought back pleasant memories of her old life before the end of her world. 

She felt her eyes drifting across the landscape. She saw a semi-circular dome rise up in the center of the temple, a golden being laying across it. She saw another rippling portal near the golden being, a flickering white matoran sitting by it. Strangely, the rippling portal was entrapped in a broken shape she knew too well: Nuparu's machine.

OOC: I am behind (page 131) and catching up.

@Kal the GuardianGuardian, @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

Like a gift from Destiny, the Suva Kaita had started to rise. It took all Sorilax had to lift with his legs and push himself onto it. He lay on it, exhausted, as it rose back up. The horrible feelings of the dark slowly receded as he entered the light. Twice he felt the urge to throw himself from the Suva Kaita and join the darkness. Twice he refuted the feeling.

The sun had risen high enough to no longer be blocked by Irnakk’s Tooth and he just let himself bake in it as the Suva Kaita came to a stop at the top. Sorilax closed his optics, just appreciating how he could feel the light as it struck him. He started Absorption of the sunlight, trying to refill his elemental energy. As he lay there, tired beyond belief, he lost track of time. His mind, not used to tiredness, wandered in every which direction, and he thought of fauna he had long since finished studying.

He knew not how long, but after a while, he came back to himself. His body didn’t need to rest, and so it had slowly been refilling itself even while he was awake. Sorilax slowly sat himself up, grateful just to be alive. He turned to look at the portal. Nuju was still standing there, patiently waiting.

Where was Sala? Sorilax turned in the direction of the Amaja Circle tower. He didn’t see Sala there either. Perhaps Sala had tired of waiting for his friend and moved on to explore. Sala had already done that here. He hoped his friend was feeling alright. Sorilax slid himself off the Suva Kaita, his brown and tan form standing tall once more.

Without the same amount of vigor as before, he walked to the Amaja Circle tower, climbing the steps to find his friend, and see what else there was to see here before they went back to Nuju.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Well, that was...unexpected. Kat hadn't expected Ulkarr to just stand there and get hit. Much less fall completely over. Had she gone too fast? Or maybe he just wasn't used to fighting hand to hand?

She backed up a little, "Uh... Are you...okay?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Navu's speech began to speed up and change tone as the stress got to her and caused hysteria. Knichou was generating two long, thin iron plates, but he stopped his work to crouch down on one knee and cut off the De-Matoran by speaking calmly but authoritatively, his dead-serious voice hovering above a whisper.

"You did the best you could have done. You did what you had to do. There wasn't anything you could have done that would have stopped Falh, given how powerful he was. You did the right thing to look for help. It's over now. You survived, and that's what matters."

Knichou paused, struggling to search for the words he would never quite fully believe.

"Sometimes... the only real option is to stay and die or run and live. It's why I'm still here. It's not your fault that you had to make that choice, it would have been too late to save Datrox even if the guards had shown up quickly, and if you tried to fight him alone, you wouldn't be alive to give us the information to avenge Datrox and bring Falh to justice. Datrox was a Toa, he knew the risks and accepted that your life was worth saving, even if it cost him his."

Knichou attempted to steady Navu by placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You're going to move on, one day you'll no longer worry about the terrible choice Falh forced you to make. It's going to be okay," Knichou lied.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

3 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

She saw a semi-circular dome rise up in the center of the temple, a golden being laying across it. She saw another rippling portal near the golden being, a flickering white matoran sitting by it. Strangely, the rippling portal was entrapped in a broken shape she knew too well: Nuparu's machine.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Oh. Of course you're here," she sighed at the sight of the machine. 

Every time.

Every karzing time.

No matter how far she fled or how hard she tried, pieces of her past kept finding her, waiting wherever she went. She couldn't even bring herself to be surprised this time, just disappointed in herself for daring to think things would ever go differently for her. 

She started to approach the two beings she could see, while glancing around for any sign or sense of anyone else. At this point, she was practically expecting Tuyet and her gremlins, or one of the other Toa from last time, to show up. If Leklo had been investigating the temples, it stood to reason some of his companions could have been as well. 

"Hello?" She called, as she neared the dome, "What is this place?"

@Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Navu's Hut)

She could hear the conversation. Most of it, anyway. What Navu described...had this really been the same man? Perhaps, somewhere down the line, Datrox did change. For the better. And it seemed, if he did, that it was what cost him his life.

The lack of a pang in her heartlight as she thought about it confirmed the good news, at least: the Toa of Fire was as past as past could be, like the memories of her home.

"You've been through a lot," Nale said, turning and stepping into the hut's threshold, pretending the smell didn't bother her. "You deserve some rest, and your home back. Once Commander Knichou is done with his investigation, we can get someone to come take care of this for you."

She looked to the Fe-Toa. Nearby in the floor was the weapon Datrox once carried--hard to miss it. His answer to most situations, up until this one.

"Are you almost done?"

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Knichou turned his head towards Nale as she reentered the hut. He stood up and dusted himself off as Nale spoke.

"Almost done here," Knichou replied, moving back towards the body. He picked up the two thin slabs of iron and began to speak as he worked. "No, we'll take care of this, don't worry."

The Toa of iron gently lifted the Toa of fire's legs, sliding one iron plate beneath Datrox's ankles. He did the same with the torso, the rectangular metal piece underneath Datrox, aligned with the elbows. He began to focus on the metal sheets, using his powers to bend them into place until both ends sealed together, binding Datrox's arms and legs together.

"It doesn't sound like Datrox was in the Metru-Koronan guard... or that he knew anyone else in the village... a shame..."

Knichou sheathed Datrox's sword and stuffed it in his backpack, with the large frame of weapon sticking out from the blob of nanites, too large to be fully engulfed by their protective protocols.

"Well, Vulimai probably knows wherever they're burying the victims of the attack, we can visit her."

Knichou strained to lift up the Toa's corpse, and once it was slung over his shoulder he caught his breath and continued to speak to Navu.

"I don't suppose Datrox told you where he was from? I only know Nynran funeral rites."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

"Yes." Ulkarr gets up with surprising speed and efficiency. "I assume it is now my turn?"

Reckless’s laughter turned to confusion. Did Ulkarr think they were operating on a turn-based system?

@The UltimoScorp

Navu was calmer now. Knichou and Nale were right. She couldn't have done anything, and she did deserve some rest. Today had not been good for anyone.

"Thanks... to answer your question, I don't remember him talk about where he used to live. He said something along the lines of 'not many knowing me here is a good thing'. If there's anything else you need, I can perform basic manual labour. That is my one redeeming quality."

@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 1

If Reckless was confused, then Kat was downright bewildered.

"Turn?" She asked with a frown. "I don't wanna sound rude but... Have you...been in a fight before?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Navu's Hut)

"It doesn't sound like Datrox was in the Metru-Koronan guard... or that he knew anyone else in the village... a shame..."

"...he said something along the lines of 'not many knowing me here is a good thing'..."

Nale frowned.

"He'd have known me, had I arrived in Metru-Koro sooner...the population of Metru Nui got so split up, I'm not surprised Karvan and I never crossed paths after the crash," she said. And, for Navu's sake, she added, "Let's just say we had a history."

It was beginning to occur to her that the Toa of Iron didn't realize whose body he was handling, and now Nale felt it was time she made it clear. After all, the most he'd known of the Ta-Toa was his last name and his relationship to Nale. "If we had any special funeral rites on our island, then those traditions are long forgotten to me. Just...treat him with the respect you would any other Toa."

Her optics met Knichou's. 

"Okay?"

@BULiK@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Karvan? Where have I- waaaaaaiiit-

Knichou looked back at Nale, suddenly piecing together that Datrox was the Karvan that Nale told him about yesterday. This situation had a significance Knichou had completely missed on until now. Datrox broke the Code, irreparably fractured Nale's team, AND broke her heart on top of that. All things considered, she was taking the discovery of his murder surprisingly well. The ex-Ghost's face reflected his realization that he had been walking through a metaphorical minefield. Had he done the right thing? Did he take the sword a bit too casually? He had a suspicion that he would find out later.

"Oh. OH. Okay. Yes. In... in that case let's head back to the ship first, get Datr-Karvan out of this hut."

The Fe-Toa slowly looked back at Navu.

"You don't owe us anything, but if you want to pay your respects, feel free to tag along. I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get away from all this for a bit," Knichou said, stepping out of the puddle in the center of the hut. "It'd be good to get some fresh air."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10), Atop the Amaja Circle Tower

With - Sidra (Kind of)

Having already climbed up the Amaja Circle Tower, Sorilax missed as Sidra passed below and walked to the dome of the Suva Kaita, where she called out to Nuju. Sorilax hadn’t been paying attention and wasn’t exactly in the best of conditions, so when he heard a voice and didn’t make it out amidst the cawing of the seagulls, he just assumed it was Sala. Somehow he had missed seeing his friend. But that was fine. As long as Sala was safe.

Sorilax wished to pull out his scrolls and document the Amaja Circle he now stood above, but he only had so much energy right now and he wanted to spend it learning as much as he could. So he crouched down on his knees and used his long arms to reveal as many of the Amaja stones in the sand as he could find, trying to see if there was some other purpose to them and this tower, or even trying to figure out the story that was trying to be told.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Lake

The organic occupants of the airship felt their stomachs drop as the ship rose into the air. It turned its nose towards the metal head that gleamed in the sunlight and began to move swiftly over the sparkling waters. 

"Barraki Pridak is dead," the Vahki replied crisply. "And Barraki Ehlek's location is currently unknown. Barraki Aurax rules the city now."

The newcomers digested this information as the ship continued on its trajectory. The skyfallen head, already vast beyond comprehension, seemed to grow even larger as they approached, until eventually they fell under its broad shadow. The blue sky was still visible above and behind them, but now the sun was hidden behind the face of a sheer metal cliff that rose incalculable bio above them. And yet, even this artificial monstrosity was not immune to the unrelenting march of life. Here and there, they could make out muddy nests tucked under warped sheets of metal, home to families of small birds. Reptiles scurried from crack to crevice, their cold blood longing for the sun's return. A wasp nest hung from the end of a shattered pipe.

Then their ship entered the gaping hole in the side of the head, and they beheld Metru Nui. The Vahki's repair effort had begun that morning, but it didn't appear any less damaged for their work. The incredible damage would take a similarly incredible amount of time to overcome. Still, the city was beautiful in its own way. Some towers still stood, their spires reaching up at a slight angle. Here and there, lit windows glowed yellow in the everlasting dusk that reigned inside the skull. If they looked closely, they could make out Vahki scuttling around far below them, cleaning up debris and shoring up half-fallen structures.

And before them: the Coliseum. Even before the fall, no building had ever come close to touching its grandeur. Now it towered over the shattered city like a lighthouse overseeing an ocean of broken stone, metal, and glass. The lights in its windows were like a beacon. Its silver spire looked like a finger pointing to heaven, defiantly accusing god himself. And where was Mata Nui to answer this accusation? Zaliyah and Ostrox felt a glow of pride at the reminder of their victory. The League had accomplished its goal and cast the idol down from its unearned place. Now all species could live here, free of the tyranny of a Great Spirit who did not love them.

Still, there was work to be done. The airship descended gracefully, coming to a landing on the platforms just outside the Coliseum. Blinking green lights signaled an empty landing pad, and it was here the ship docked, its well-oiled landing gear unfolding silently. With a hiss of steam, the rear door opened, allowing the passengers to disembark. The Nullifier led the way, its metallic feet clanking on the ground. Zaliyah's Vahki stayed behind. Now that they were back under Hive jurisdiction, the airship would return them to the work of carrying out Aurax's commands.

Zaliyah, Ostrox, and Iradra, however, were free to do as they pleased. The Nullifier waited patiently nearby in case they had any questions.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Onaku

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits

Cravious sought the place he had looked for before, but his heart sank as all he saw was layer after layer of dense stone. The mountain was unyielding under his gaze. He could hear the laughter of the pit witches like the skittering of insects over his eardrums. He felt a cold sweat break out in the hollow of his back. It was a trick.

He felt something watching him. Was this it? Had Irnakk deceived him? Sent him crawling through the tunnels in search of shadows he could never find? The dark god of the volcano fed on dreams and vomited back nightmares; had he let Cravious see exactly what he needed to convince him to descend into the pit? 

No. No! That couldn't be true. His fear motivated him to push his vision to its limit. He scanned the floor, the walls, the ceiling, but nothing appeared. In fact, unless his eyes were playing tricks on him, his vision wasn't working properly. He frowned. The inscriptions in the walls, almost completely hidden beneath years of ash and grime, stubbornly resisted his power. He could see through the dirt and dust just fine, but the symbols and carvings floated before him, impenetrable.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja nodded, and allowed Vulimai to lead them to her personal hut. Once safely inside, the Toa turned to the new leader of the village.

"Whisper and I visited a temple in the southern swamps," she said, wasting no more time on pleasantries. "It was huge and ancient, and possessed by some sort of guardian. It made us pass a trial to get properly inside. What we found there..."

She swallowed. "We found a way to give people powers through their masks. I don't know if you've heard of what Aspects—" she gestured towards Whisper. "—can do, but they can give power to other beings by sacrificing a still-beating heartlight. Obviously, that's not... not a great way to get power. But we've found a way around it. In the temple, we learned how to use a transform a single heartlight into a... a..."

Taja stumbled to a stop as she struggled to translate the knowledge in her brain into words. Her hands moved unconsciously, translating her thoughts into the hand speech that she and Jaa used to communicate. If the Ko-Matoran had been here, he would have read the phrase shadow-worm in the movements of her fingers.

"...a thing that can give powers to multiple people just by touching their masks. We could use it to give everyone access to powers that would protect them. Heal them. Keep them safe. With just one heartlight instead of many."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler

• Like 5

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Whira

Cravious gestured around the volcanic cavern, “And I don’t see where to go from here. My X-Ray Vision hasn’t worked since we entered this acc- this sacred place.” Whoa. That was close. There was no need to offend Irnakk in any way. The god was already inspecting him closely, he could feel it. And the whispers and cackling laughter sure didn’t help him any. It gave him this cold feeling that reached deeply, past his layers of machinery to touch his “organic” protodermis muscles. It was unsettling and he wanted it to stop immediately.

It was a good thing Whira was here, though. She forced him to put up a front of strength, to not show any sign of weakness. She was all about power, after all. And if one day he was forced to do away with her, then he needed every advantage he could get.

Otherwise he might have lost his mind in here, in this volcanic pit of darkness and heat.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

"...a thing that can give powers to multiple people just by touching their masks. We could use it to give everyone access to powers that would protect them. Heal them. Keep them safe. With just one heartlight instead of many."

"It doesn't have to be a person's heartlight, either," she added. "Nor a beating one. I assume your village hunt the local rahi for meat? One of their hearts would do the job." 

@Eyru @Sparticus147

7 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru Nui

The airship descended gracefully, coming to a landing on the platforms just outside the Coliseum. Zaliyah, Ostrox, and Iradra, however, were free to do as they pleased. The Nullifier waited patiently nearby in case they had any questions.

IC: Zaliyah - Metru Nui

Well, this plan had gone sideways sooner than expected. She'd hoped Ehlek was still around and would have been willing to help. She'd hoped the two Vahki from the Razorfish would have continued to serve her. She'd hoped to take on Aurax with the artillery weapon as her trump card. 

But during her lengthy career fighting for the League, she'd come to learn that things rarely went to plan, and today was no different.

"Thank you for bringing us home," she nodded to the Vahki as she stepped off the ship. "I'll leave you to your duties." 

@Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 5

IC: Tuakana & Axxon | The Desert

The sand moved beneath them. The sky grew darker. The volcano's breath obscured the sun, and ash filled the air. Eyes fixed on the mountain that now stood directly ahead of them, tall and black and spewing smoke, they continued their unrelenting pace.

• Like 1

IC Stannis & Parnassus | Fort Nektann

Stannis had exited the mountain fortress' innards and rested outside, away from the cacophony of the mess hall's noisy eaters and bickering table guests and looking to find solitude with the nighttime sky. He sat in the sand and reclined against a slab of rock and idly gazed at the multitude of thinking pinpricks of light above him, listening to their stories as they spoke their names to him. He smiled dumbly at himself as he nibbled at the stem of his pipe, content to simply be there for the moment and reflecting on how his journey had gone so far. His peace, however, would not last long as a familiar shadow passed through his peripherals and then settled its quiet form next to him.

"Nice night out," Parnassus said. The Aspect stared up at the star-speckled sky as well—perhaps they were trying to find what Stannis was looking at, as though there would answers up in that grand canopy.

The old Wanderer didn't turn to look at the interloper and instead remained fixated on the nighttime sky. "Is it?" he asked in reply. Slowly and meticulously he pointed his bony finger at a particular place in the heavens. "It wasn't for him."

The Aspect turned to look at where Stannis pointed. "For whom?" they asked.

"The one who's star was just snuffed out..." Stannis said, his voice turning sing-song and at a low whisper. "There. Another brightness swallowed again by the dark." At long last he lowered his bony finger to its place of repose folded across his lap. "Sit with me."

Parnassus took a moment to regard this strange figure. When Stannis had first arrived at Fort Nektann, he had seemed powerful, wise, every bit the hero when would expect from a being of his title. But as the evening had worn on, Stannis had become increasingly ... erratic. Strange. Perhaps even acting the fool. And yet, standing next to him, Parnassus could still smell the shadow that broiled within him, as dense and potent as the heart of a black sun. So the Aspect sat next to him. 

"Your companion," they said, tilting their chin mildly towards the fortress proper, "have you known him long?"

"Korruhn?" Stannis said. "No. No, but we found each other only a short time ago, both needing the other in our own strange way, exactly as Fate would have it. Destiny, you see, I've found oft works in mysterious ways. We don't always know what it's doing, but it's doing... something. Have you known Barius long?" he asked in turn.

"Yes and no," Parnassus said. "I've only known him for perhaps a few days. Of course, the days that I've known him haven't been inauspicious. Before I came here, after all, Barius was but another warskak. And now...."

The Aspect grinned.

"I did that, you understand," they said. "I made him what he is today. I do not believe in destiny, nor fate, nor an order of things. I do not think that things are driven by a higher power. The highest powers in this land are ourselves."

How so?” Stannis asked. He did not specify what he was questioning, Parnassus’ implications of sovereignty or his role in Barius’ ascension to war chieftain.

"I am Parnassus," they said. "I have powers that most beings could never dream of. Things move according to my designs."

They looked over to Stannis.

"I suspect you understand the powers I speak of."

Stannis sat wordlessly, wondering what angle to take with Parnassus. He did not know this Aspect—though Aspect he was known to be—and so was curious about him, almost, he thought, as curious as Parnassus was of him. The old analyzing the new was a familiar phenomenon for him to be a part of, though in this particular case it was he, the old, who was taken to be new to this land called Zakaz. A curious switch, indeed, he considered. “Well...” he said calculatingly and between chuckles though his nerves, truth be told, were clearly not shaken, “if I can’t even dream of it how do you suppose I can understand your powers?

"I said that most beings could never dream of it," Parnassus replied. "But do most of your kind hold a spring of shadows within their hearts?"

Many do,” Stannis replied honestly. "I do." He drew a long breath and took his time before continuing.

There is a darkness to bloodshed from the depraved obfuscation in battle. The people in the universe I lived in from had been fighting a war that lasted millennia, fought by thousands of warriors who slew and cried at the mayhem they wrought, and I was among them. Morality had no value after a while, principles of law and order were jettisoned in favor of pragmatic codes in cruel and loveless conflict. People, Toa who were taught to protect and serve, became little more than soldiers of habit. The Three Virtues—Unity, Duty, Destiny, the supposed high ideals of their society—became little more than the slogan of a morally compromised army that fought plainly to keep their vitriolic superiority over others. 'Faith' was praised by murderers and zealots alike, to the point that uprightness was a luxury enjoyed only by those lucky enough for their existences not to be enveloped by devastation. And eventually no innocents were left, all who lived fought, all who fought died, and all who died were sacrifices for a lord of death, their own ichor becoming the fuel for their pyres. I tried to stop it, as it was my role to do, but when the stench of bile wears off and you taste the iron of blood on your lips it becomes intoxicating. None are safe. That's the danger of war on societies.

"We have seen the tragedies rampant of a universe turned asunder and drenched in blood, and many of them we were even a part of. There is Darkness in everyone, Parnassus, just... some have let it bubble out from them, and then it's all they know.

The old man sunk a little, wrapping himself in his cloak tightly against an imaginary nighttime breeze. The shadows clustered around him; his eyes gleamed brighter for a second in contrast to the obscurity... and then it was over and he returned to a taller poise. 

"Another universe?" Of course, Parnassus had heard rumours of such things ... whispers that this island was but a mere piece of flotsam drifting between worlds ... but to have proof... "Tell me," they said. "Are there creatures like me, there? Like Korruhn? Aspects of Makuta?"

"In what was the Matoran Universe?" Stannis said, more of a clarifying statement than a question. "Yes... but not as they are here. Not as pervasive. They dwelled in the corners of it, influencing rather than directing. Most beings never even knew of them."

"Heh," Parnassus said. "Then it sounds rather dull."

"What is it excites you then, Parnassus?"

"What else?" The young Aspect threw their hand out to the line where sky met sand, deep black night and dark golden ground. "The horizon, wise one," Parnassus said. "What is still to be explored. What is left to learn, and discover. What can be created and destroyed, liberated and conquered. There be dragons, my kin would say of the murky waters beyond Kumu. So what excites me, Stannis of the Matoran Universe—is the possibility of being a dragonslayer."

"Adventure, then," Stannis ruminated in a deep growl. "Mmm. The waxing and waning of seasons are resplendent concepts to explore. Experiencing the sensations of biting frost that gradually give way to roasting sunlight, and the life and decay that play out in the intermezzos, are titillating and scintillating to the body but... over time... one begins to realize it all is a constant cycle of change and repetition and remaking. Over time, the fractal overtures of Fate begin to take shape, and then what was once exciting turns boring. 

"So no, it is not the experience you pursue," he said, and it was then clear that the Wanderer had been talking to himself for the most part, dissecting Parnassus from the small snippet of the younger Aspect's persona he had been given. "You don't want to simply feel the thrill of change and unknown, you want to be enveloped by it. Dragonslayers are not typically forgotten."

He looked at Parnassus finally then for the first time since when they met at the gates of the fort. His eyes were alight, shimmering silver like the stars above. "You want to be part of the narrative, not a reader of it."

Parnassus looked back at Stannis. This hero of the Matoran Universe. This self-styled Wanderer, man of Fate, harbinger of Destiny. "Who are you?" the Aspect said. "Tell me truly. Who are you?"

Who am I? Stannis thought and mulled the question, and its answer, further. He knew who he was with more abundant clarity than he had in eons, it was the whole point of his visitation to The Green Place, but he was still unsure how much to reveal. For all his ability to know where the paths of people led them, the ability had no power over his fellows from the Islets because by their very nature Aspects defied the concepts of Destiny and Fate—they could change the fabric of reality, so what was Fate to them? He could not perceive what path Parnassus would take, at least not by his divining powers alone, and the unknown presented Stannis a rather unprecedented opportunity. 

Already Parnassus had shown that he possessed some sleuthing skill of his own, able to ascertain Stannis was no mere toa-hero, but he approached Stannis for reasons of his own. Perhaps, he thought, and perhaps egoistically, it was to be more like the fabled mysterious visitor. Drukarus, it seems, held some measure of knowledge of Stannis as a legendary figure, and Stannis carried himself as a wizened sage just the same. So what point was there to withholding what was already being assumed? he considered. 

"You truly wish to know?" he said, giving a sidelong glance to Parnassus, questioning their curiosity.

"Tell me."

"Very well. I have as many names as there are stories about me," he said, "I am Stannis of Maru Nui, Third Spear of Helryx's Hagah, First of the Toa Maru, and Guardian of the Massif. Some call me Wanderer, Historian, and Prophet. I am also called True-Guesser,  Warmage, Wizard, and Archbane. I am the answer to the prayers of the crying and the map in the darkness for those who are lost. I am the disentangler of Fates and weaver of Fortunes. My name is Caedast, and I've returned at last."

@Conway

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 8

IC, Whira: Nightmare Pits

Cravious appeared to be struggling, although Whira could tell he was doing his best to find the pair an exit. Luckily, the shadows were no problem for Whira- she was shadow. The Aspect walked up to a wall and placed her hand on it, focusing her power as she did. The shadows next to the wall began to roil; Whira was using them to feel around, probing for another tunnel.

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro, Vulimai's Hut)

Guiding the pair to her hut, Vulimai ushered the two end as she took her seat upon her mattress, offering Taja the only other chair within the space, Whisper was going to have to settle for sitting on the floor. With the trio settled, Vulimai gestured for Taja to share what she desired to speak with the now current-leader of Metru-Koro.

Vulimai listened to Taja and Whisper on the secrets of this power that the pair seemingly found, with Vulimai contemplating on the merit of this right, Whisper's clarification thankfully preventing any form of misunderstanding. After several seconds of silent thought, Vulimai at last spoke.

"I...See. This sounds like a potentially great boon, but even though you have listed the cost for this power, it feels just to good. Is there anything else of importance you know concerning this power. And to answer your question Whisper, we haven't yet needed to go hunting beyond into the wastes that surround Metru-Koro as rations was amongst the items taken during our exodus of Metru-Nui. In addition, we have also been able to create surprisingly prosperous greenhouses, though that may just be due to the benefit of a Skakdi of the Green who once worked there."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits

The shadows twisted and seethed under Whira's command, but they found no tunnel. The barely-lit cavern, vast and dark with a malevolent presence, was a single room hewn roughly out of the rock, and there were only two exits: back up the stairs they had just descended, or leaping blind into the mists that roiled below the jutting cliff. Those mists surely held secrets of their own, but that knowledge, once found, could not be carried back out.

Whira's probing shadows disturbed the layers of grime and ash that plastered the walls, causing some of it to flake away and drift to the floor. The carvings that had resisted Cravious's vision were now more visible, if he decided to take a closer look.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Whira

Cravious watched with interest as Whira moved. Anything to take his mind off of how he was feeling. The shadows of the cavernous space suddenly writhed and scurried about. For a second, panic filled his Heartlight, before he realized it was Whira doing the moving, not Irnakk.

The Skakdi of Lightning took a deep, shuddering breath and closed his optics for a moment. When he did, visions of dead Skakdi and pit witches danced before him. He quickly opened his optics again, though the noises of the visions remained as old discarded limbs rattled in the distance and evil cackling softly reached his audio receptors.

Thankfully falling soot and ash caught his attention in the dim light, distracting him from Irnakk’s heavy gaze. He looked back up at the murals. It seemed Whira’s probing shadows had dislodged some of the grime covering them up. Not even trying to use his X-Ray Vision, he instead focused on his Telescopic Vision on the murals as he called out to Whira, “Can you fully remove the ash from the carvings on the wall? Maybe they can help us.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

• Like 1

"Yes. Usually short ones. I just thought that we were fighting within acceptable parameters, as to prevent serious damage."

"That is your error. Please, Toa, continue to hit him."

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Landing Platform)

Ostrox followed Zaliyah off the airship and onto the platform. He wondered just how the Vahki Hive worked… or how it was supposed to work. No amount of tinkering could make an inherently flawed artifice made from flawed minds work perfectly, after all.

"What, no greeting? No 'welcome back' from his 'lordship'?" He turned to the Vahki. "Where is 'Lord' Aurax, at the moment?"

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

"No no, it’s fine. I feel I should join you for this."

@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum

The Nullifier's clockwork brain whirred at Ostrox's question. Its eyes flickered. Otherwise, it stood with the artificial stillness of a robot. "Barraki Aurax is occupied presently. He has been alerted to your arrival."

It gestured towards the Coliseum with one staff. The silver weapon gleamed in the twilight. "Would you like an escort to a waiting room? Refreshments will be provided."

Elsewhere, deep in the Coliseum, a door slid open soundlessly. A Vahki walked into Aurax's workshop, where he and Saybo were tinkering with the ACR. Sparks flashed. The air smelled of hot metal and oil. The Vahki waited for a suitable moment to interrupt, then beeped to get their attention.

"Barraki Aurax. Lieutenant Zaliyah and Ensign Ostrox are returning from Metru-Koro. They were directed to bomb the village by Barraki Pridak before his death."

It waited for a reaction or a question. If it received neither, it would continue.

"They are accompanied by a Toa from the village. They will arrive in the city shortly."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum

It gestured towards the Coliseum with one staff. "Would you like an escort to a waiting room? Refreshments will be provided."

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"An escort won't be necessary," she interjected, careful not to sound too hasty or forceful. "Ostrox and I know the way."

@Toru Nui @Onaku

19 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro, Vulimai's Hut)

"Is there anything else of importance you know concerning this power. And to answer your question Whisper, we haven't yet needed to go hunting beyond into the wastes that surround Metru-Koro as rations was amongst the items taken during our exodus of Metru-Nui."

IC: Whisper - Vulimai's Hut

"I don't think there's anything else of note," she replied. "Sounds like I'll have to do a little hunting of my own before we can begin."

@Eyru @Sparticus147

• Like 2