Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum, Waiting Room B

The Nullifier stood quietly to one side as its guests made themselves comfortable in the waiting room. It didn't pay any particular attention to Zaliyah walking to the washroom. The peculiar need of partially-organic beings to wash themselves was completely foreign to Vahki, and their programming didn't designate a need to understand it, so they didn't bother trying. The only useful thing they knew about these water closets was that there was usually only one way in and out, so they were excellent places to corner their prey.

Then the radio broadcast came through, and the Nullifier realized it had underestimated just how useful washrooms could be. Its head snapped to the little hallway where the two single-stall rooms were located. It immediately began to move towards them, the canister on its back already beginning to emerge, ready to broadcast its nullification energy at the slightest threat. Electricity crackled down its staffs.

"Move," it growled mechanically at Iradra, who stood in its way. "Or you will be considered an obstruction of the law and dealt with accordingly."

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui

• Like 7

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"That too many big words. But... sound like you gonna make big fight."

An audible gasp escaped Zaliyah's lips.

"Poroka always ready for big fight."

She'd written him off, assumed he'd gone down with his airship, one more victim of Druu's betrayal.

Zaliyah had never been happier to be wrong.

"It'll be the biggest, I promise," she grinned. "See you soon." 

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits

Even as the nauseating smell of old blood and rot rose around them, Whira continued to scrap away the grime and ash from the walls. Bits and pieces flaked away here and there, revealing more petroglyphs. These were carved in the same hand as the previous etching depicting the giant being, and the artist's focus was noticeably different compared to the first pictures. Instead of focusing on gory injuries and expressions of pain and fury, these etchings depicted beings who showed no emotion. Their mouths were straight lines, and their eyes were solemn. Even the pictures of blood and war were carved in a serene manner, like the dying and the dead had accepted their fate.

The first carving showed more wars between different beings. Clouds spilled lightning down upon frilled Skakdi with exaggerated, monstrous proportions. Their toothy smiles were almost as big as their faces. Whirlwinds swept up ACRs and Rahi steeds,  knocking their riders to the ground. Spears of stone shot up from the ground, impaling whatever was unfortunate enough to be standing above them. All these displays of elemental power appeared to be the work of six Toa-shaped beings who stood to one side, their faces serene, each pointing to the battlefield with a single judgmental finger.

The next scene portrayed a single Toa standing beside what appeared to be a forge. With a shock, Cravious recognized it as the shrine he had seen with his X-ray vision. It was stylized, certainly, but the shape was exactly the same. Exaggerated flames licked out of the sides, looking for something to consume. The Toa had his hands held out before him, palms up, as if receiving a gift. And below the Toa, arranged in a semi-circle, six smaller beings knelt on the ground, their hands raised. Cravious frowned and looked closer. Each small being was holding some kind of jewel or light in both hands, proffering it to the Toa. And though each small being knelt with a serene expression on their face, they were each bleeding from a hole in their chest. 

The following scene depicted the same scene, but some details had changed. The six smaller beings now lay sprawled on the ground in six pools of blood, their eyes closed, but their faces still wearing their strangely peaceful expressions. Their six gems were gone. The Toa now stood with both hands raised above his head, and above him hovered a semicircle of six floating spheres. The Toa's face was the only one in this series with a different expression. His mouth was slack, and his eyes were wide with awe. The same cuneiform letters that ran through the other scenes ran through this one too.

The next etching was worn away, lost to the ravages of time. Cravious looked back at the scene of the Toa and the spheres. He found himself strangely drawn to it, like there was something in it he recognized. He looked closer. The Toa was unknown to him. The forge, burning so brightly in the previous scene, was now out. And the six spheres... wait. No. They weren't spheres at all, he realized.

They were disks.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

A buzz came from Aurax’s tablet. He paused and looked up from his ACR.

Then came words that lit a fire of rage in Aurax.

He listened to what Zaliyah said. Everything she said was true, of course. He did kill Pridak. But what he was annoyed most with was that he hadn’t even gotten a full day of being king, and someone was already trying to take him down.

Grinding his teeth together, he could almost hear Pridak’s voice in the back of his head shouting I told you so! He stormed over to the tablet, unplugged the OTIS brain from it, and picked it up. He was lucky that he had hacked his tablet in such a way that it would receive radio signals from a certain frequency; it was how he had received the radio message in the first place, and it made it all the easier for what he did next.

With a few swipes and taps, he connected the tablet to the same radio frequency he had used the previous night to announce his reign.

Before he began to speak, he had an idea. A crazy idea, one that he wasn’t sure would work. But he would darn sure try it. He activated his Mask of Charisma. He had no idea if its power would be carried through his voice over the radio, but even if it didn’t work, he hoped he would at least convince some people to help him.

“Citizens of the Kingdom… as you have heard, a traitor named Zaliyah has raised allegations against me, and wants to usurp me. But I tell you this. Pridak's dying words to me... His dying words to me… you want to know what they were? “Take care of our people”. He charged me with protecting you. And that’s exactly what I intended to do when I took the throne.

“I have brought peace to the city. But as you can see, not everyone wants peace. Zaliyah, Ostrox, and an unknown Toa have entered the Coliseum, intending to kill me, and bring further chaos. My friends, this can’t be allowed. Will you let your new peace be destroyed by anarchists?

“Now, to further incentive you all to make the correct decision, I offer you this; anyone who brings me a head of one of the traitors will be greatly rewarded. All the treasures of the despicable Turaga Dume will be yours for the taking. Weapons, masks, artifacts, any of these can be yours. Kill the Zaliyah, Ostrox, and their Toa companion, protect the peace!”

Aurax pressed a button and ended his transmission. He messaged the Vahki: kill Zaliyah and her two companions, as well as any who attempt to kill me. And send in that Kranua I requested to help eliminate them.

Aurax walked back to the cabinets and shelves. “We have to be ready for anything, Saybo; let’s look and see what weapons we can find to help us. If things really start to go south, we’ll escape through the elevator. We can create a thick mist by combining our elements.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Eyru

IC, Atamai Nuva: Ruins of Stone

Atamai fell. He fell, and fell, and fell. As he did, he felt afraid, then dread, then anger, then euphoria, and every emotion under the sun.

Then he felt nothing. He felt… empty. He suddenly felt himself on solid ground. He looked down, and saw the ground rippling, as if he were stepping into a puddle. But there was no water, nor a reflection.

Atamai raised his head, and saw a door, a portal. He could barely make out the shapes of his friends. He walked over to it, and stepped through, fully reborn as Atamai Nuva.

Everyone present gawked at him. Finally, it was the Collector who broke the silence.

“Admin, what have you done to them? What is this?”

"Some side effects may have occurred, which I shall document for future research purposes," the Administrator replied.

Jutori was the next to speak. "Side...side effects? You call this...!" Jutori and Atamai locked eyes. Jutori spoke again. "Well, you're certainly...shinier."

Atamai looked down at himself. He saw that Jutori was right; his armor, which had been silver and burnt orange before, was now pure silver. He also realized that his telescoping eyepiece was missing. He reached up and felt his mask. It felt different. He wasn’t sure what kind of mask it was, nor of its shape.

The Toa Nuva of Iron looked around the room. “I suppose I am shinier, Jutori,” he said. “And… I don’t think that’s the only thing different about me. Before, I was Atamai; now, I am Atamai Nuva.” He looked over to the back of the room, and saw that a new portal had opened, leading into the jungle, with a structure in the distance.

“And… I believe that I’m supposed to go through there. I’ll be back shortly, and then I’ll answer your questions,” Atamai said. He passed by the crowd, and stepped through the portal.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator and anyone else at the ruins of stone

• Like 9

IC: Knichou and Nale, Metru-Koro, Memorial (Recommended Listening)

The two toa carried the third one over to the newly formed slab of iron, slowly resting the body atop the various pieces of dried wood that adorned the shrine. It was a nearly perfect rectangle, sized slightly larger than the Toa it now supported. Had the ramshackle metal structure not been made in the shade of the Taku moored overhead, it would have been rendered hot to the touch from desert sun.

Knichou retreated slightly, reaching behind him to unsheath the massive sword Datrox wielded in his final moments. The black blade glinted against the harsh afternoon sunlight. He called that the ‘Obsidian Blade,’” Nale said, backing away from the pyre.He cared for it quite a bit.”

Clearly he wasn’t a geologist,” Knichou remarked, flicking the protosteel blade with a finger and causing a metallic echo to resonate from the weapon. This protosteel was well-forged.”

Yes, well,” Nale began,If it was real obsidian, then it wouldn’t stand up to what he used it for. It was a theming thing, I suppose. Fire. Obsidian. You know.” She leaned closer and ran her finger along part of the blade, noticing wear from a past fight. The blade’s usage in defending Metru Nui from League invasion was unknown to her. “Our island was no Nynrah, but we had blacksmiths. Matoran experienced at making fine weaponry. He wanted something big and flashy and...strong.”

Right,” Knichou finished, watching Nale inspect the well-polished exterior. The connection between the blade and its name was more clear to him, but no less novel. Big, flashy, and strong were qualities of weapons that many customers valued. If a weapon’s threatening appearance can convince an enemy to not fight, then it would win many battles.”

The engineer rotated the sword on its side and carefully lowered it on Datrox’s torso, the weapon’s wide frame covering the crude hole where the Toa’s heartlight once glowed. The former Ghost willed the iron bonds locking Datrox’s limbs together to unfurl and sink into the monolith. Knichou slowly moved both of fallen Toa’s cold hands to loosely grasp the hilt, shivering slightly once the process was done. He was still not used to dealing with the dead.

Nale took a long look at the body, but whatever she was thinking, her expression hid it. It wasn’t a look of sadness, or any leftover feelings she might have had for this complicated man laid out before her, but that same kind of face the Fa-Toa would put on when work had to be done, much like she had before the battle over Metru-Koro. This was taking care of the fallen, not someone close to her. Not any longer, at least.

Had Datrox truly wanted to make amends, come find her and give the pair closure, he had long missed his chance.

While Nale took in the last view she’d have of the slain Toa of Fire, Knichou ensured all the wood he and Navu had gathered was distributed properly around the body. Soon, all the pieces were in place, with nothing left to do but give the Toa of Fire his final blaze of glory. Knichou materialized a ornate dagger in his hand, and began to speak in verse, remembering words from similar ceremonies of a life long past him now.

Goodbye,”

Datrox Karvan,”

Ye withered shell,”

Live on o’ Spectre,”

Let legacy swell,”

Become one with Creation’s sweet nectar.”

The ex-Ghost slashed the dagger against the edge of the Obsidian Blade. Sparks danced across the pitch black silhouette, coming to rest on many planks of wood long since dried by the desert sun. Nearby Matoran kept their distance from the ritual but looked on just the same.

Mortal iron and phosphor,”

Are no longer your needs,”

They fertilize so our sons and daughters may prosper,”

Your heart is what feeds.”

The embers grew to crackling flames, cleansing the disgraced Toa with their entropic fire. At first it was merely the wood, but as more planks and logs were set ablaze, their combined temperature overwhelmed the residual heat resistance of the Ta-Toa’s body. Muscle and flesh roasted and specks of ash began to rise to the skies.

It overcomes hardship,”

And grows the seeds,”

Of your friendship,”

And of your deeds,”

Goodbye.”

Nale stuck close by and watched as the flames rose, reflecting orange on her armor in the shade, and appearing to dance in her optics. Knichou’s armor adapted to the powerful heat emanating in front of him, yet he instinctively backed away. The ex-Ghosts’s visor tinted from the bright, shifting light ahead of him. What was once a Toa was now hard to distinguish against the twirling orange spires that consumed the altar.

Finally managing to peel his eyes away from the primal awe of the flames, Knichou looked back to see Nale staring into it, seemingly unbothered by the heat. He moved to her side, as silent as a fikou in a ghekula’s pond out of respect for her deceased comrade. He wrapped his left arm around her shoulders, and gave a comforting squeeze as if it could share his warmth and overcome the otherworldly chills caused by the roaring fire.

The two survivors watched a troubled man become freed by Zakaz’s winds.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 8

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Having exited Vulimai's hut, Taja and Whisper stood by and watched the funeral. Knichou's customs were strange to Taja, but the solemn and reverent way he spoke the rites sent chills down her spine. She didn't know whom they were mourning, but it was probably someone she knew, or at least had someone she had seen around the village. She clenched her fists, remembering how much they had all lost.

As the fire began to burn brighter, she found herself mouthing her own words silently. Words she had learned in another world. Another life.

May the Great Spirit carry you to Artakha. Be at peace.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 4

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

Vulimai exited the hut soon after Taja and Whisper, and ended up following the pair as a thin trail of smoke began to rise up not too far towards where the Taku was landed. Following just behind the two, Vulimai arrived at the funeral pyre of Datrox, where many of the other Matoran of the village now crowded, paying their respects to the fallen Toa.

Looking amongst the faces of the Matoran, the same somber mood that held them after the bombing remained, but within their eyes, life burned, if not dimly like the embers that rose from Datrox' body. After the bombing, any hope and faith that remained had left the people of Metru-Koro, with all life and light being lost. It was a morose that held even the guards which Vulimai attempted to comfort, many still holding that same dead look when she dismissed them. But here, with this display, something about it tugged at the heartlights of the Matoran, as each one took part in giving their respects to one they didn't even know, with simply the act stirring sentiments of life and loss in the crowd, as offering of words of faith and passing were spoken beneath their breath, words of Unity, Duty, and Destiny...Words of faith that died upon the Matoran's arrival to this land.

Vulimai allowed a weak smile, the pyre pulling up thoughts of Juno within Vulimai's mind...But she did not allow herself to dwell on such thoughts, no matter how much she desperately desired to do so. Juno was gone, and Vulimai had her duty. Swiping a tear away from beneath her Kaukau, Vulimai spied Knichou and approached them, silently waited for them to take notice, allowing them their brief moment of respite before they were called to uphold their Duty.

OOC: @Eyru @Tarn @BULiK @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

Far shore of what? She frowned.

Had she somehow been transported to a different island? No, that didn't make sense. This was Sorilax, the Aspect that Viltia and the other villagers had spoken of. His mind was an open book - or library, to be more exact - and she saw no indication that he was anything but who he introduced himself to be. She had to still be on Zakaz, somewhere... though the presence of the disk machine left her uncertain of even that. 

Only as she contemplated the rest of the Aspect's question did his words fully register, and she glanced back the way she'd come to see that there was indeed another portal. Evidently she wasn't the only one who'd found passage here. "I came through the portal, yeah. How about you?" 

@Kal the Guardian

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

She observed the strange ceremony in silence, sensing that this was a moment not to raise questions or ire. Given the odd looks she received upon her initial arrival, she decided to draw the lengthening shadows around herself to somewhat obscure her presence. 

She didn't pretend to understand why they were giving so much attention to one of their dead. The warskaks tended to loot their victims and fallen comrades alike, and those they preyed upon were usually too preoccupied with fleeing for their lives to bother trying to tend to their deceased.

Whisper waited until the ritual was complete and some of the other gathered beings to depart before turning away to make her own retreat from the scene. 

@Eyru

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

Through the swamp Apex and Morangad trudged, following a similar path they once walked before, till at last, they returned to the Grand Temple Ruins. Apex surveyed the structure, though no notable change was evident, obvious considering how soon they have returned.

Breaking the clearing, Apex approached the stairs of the temple before entering the main corridor that lead into the central chamber. What Apex sought was clear, but unless Morangad asked, Apex did not yet feel inclined to share it. But as Apex entered the main chamber, Apex was surprised to find the familiar form of Viltia, and the vast bloom they made within the pool, bringing much more life to the structure.

"He..llo?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147

IC Stannis & Parnassus | Fort Nektann

For a moment, the young Aspect said nothing. One who knew them well enough might even believe, just for a second, that they were stunned into silence by these words.

"I...," they began to say, before pausing yet again. "By yolk and spring, I ... had suspected that I spoke with one of my own kin, but I did not know that I was speaking with..."

For, truly, the name Caedast was one that was whispered only by the deepest shades of Kumu, by the progenitors old enough to have known the prodigal child and who still allowed themselves the chance to pray to the dark places between stars for his swift return, allowed themselves to howl in grief -- parents of a lost son.

"...it is good to see you safe, coz," Parnassus said. "There are many of our home who would wish to look upon you once again."

Indeed?” Stannis asked, incredulous to the thought. “I find that hard to believe as I cannot imagine many know my name anymore. I have not been home since well before the Ark left. Who, then, knows my name and what do they say of me?"

"They are few and far between," Parnassus admitted, shrugging their shoulders. "And old enough to have forsaken their own names in the pursuit of the Final Seal. But I have overheard whispers of you, nonetheless, since I was but a will-o-wisp darting between the grimoires and flasks of our home. Our family misses you, Caedast. You have been gone a very long time, gone to...

The younger Aspect paused again.

"This ... Ark you're talking about," they said. "This I'm certainly not familiar with."

I’m sure you’re familiar with the gargantuan head that crashed but a fortnight ago.

"... ah. Yes. Of course."

Parnassus looked down at their hands, embarrassed for a moment.

"Why did you leave?"

Like any other of my kind, I exist because of the Builder’s dreams. Where else would I have chosen to go except where they were sleeping? To feel their pain, Parnassus, to experience their lives and watch their existences unfold. They are a knowledgeable and powerful race, but also mired with ignorance and superstition that preys on their reckless instincts. And yet... they possess the potentials to be good, to protect, and to learn from their mistakes. I followed them because they are flawed, and because it became my responsibility to guide them through their questions, tormenting as they may be. They would return here, as all things do, eventually—call it self-service or selflessness, but my purpose was satisfied by obtaining their trust.

Stannis let those notions sink in before adding a final point. “A better question would have been, why would I have stayed?

A knowing grin broke out across Parnassus' face. "We're of a mind, you and I," they said, their hand nearly fluttering over to playfully tap Caedast on the chest before they thought better of it. "I could never have stayed in the Islets. Nothing new was ever made there. Everything is just ruins built atop new ruins. No one creates anything. But out here..."

Suddenly, Parnassus was on their feet, pacing across the sand. "You left to become a god to these Matoran, yes. I left to become a god to the warskaks. We're alike, you and I."

The Wanderer’s attention had been seized at Parnassus’ notion of godhood and he lifted his attention back to the other again. Caedast hesitated to label himself as questing to be a god of any level; gods, he thought, were flawed in their own ways, corrupted with their power and drunk with disattached cruelty. Mata-Nui was such a thing, as was Tren Krom (he shuddered at the memory of His name), all gods until they became the villains. Stannis had not lusted godlike power but for unlimited knowledge, to share it, give it, and promote freedom away from the shackles of uncertainity. What, then, was Parnassus alluding for himself? 

Juvenile,” he chastised... though not necessarily unkindly. “Any so-called ‘god’ who calls himself that is no god,” he warned. “Gods die, alone and forgotten, their hymnbooks left to rot in their wakes. There is no glory in being a deity, only fear that dissipates as soon as you no longer wield the seats of power, and so I never wished to be their 'god.' No, I followed the Builders to learn from them and teach them in turn. Everyone has a ripple effect around their actions, I chose to directly interject myself in their story so that the ripples of the actions I take reach far, but I claim no divinity—they called me a prophet for a reason. 

You want to be remembered? To be revered and adored?

I will be remembered,” Parnassus said, perhaps more forcefully than they had at first intended. Who was this Caedast, who claimed to be working towards the good of all? Certainly most unlike the rest of their family. “I will be a hero to these people. Stories will be sung about me. Children named in my honour. My ripples will be waves crashing over all of Zakaz.

"Gods don't kiss babies and get laid," Stannis rebuked, "those are the treasures of earthly life." He sighed. He was matching Parnassus' anger note for note and softened his tone upon realizing the error. 

You have ambition—that is good, as you will need it to progress,” he said, "but you must also have the wisdom to use that spirit. We indeed are not too dissimilar, Parnassus, because we come from different perspectives, but to each of our wishes there is only. one. solution.” He reclined himself further on the rock behind him and moved his mouth as if trying to put words in his mouth before fin ally settling for the mouthpiece of his empty pipe. He sucked at it, drawing from the embers a bit before turning slightly blue in the face and gave up. 

A nighttime guard patrol walked by and slowed as they watched the two beings with wary eyes. Parnassus they knew, of course, but Barius had never officially given Stannis free-reign to roam or any sanctions of friendship so the Wanderer was quite aware he only sat unmolested presently by virtue of Parnassus’ friendly presence. That was the life he led, it seemed—always moving from  safe shore to thin ice and never anywhere in the middle. There was always some factor of risk, but Stannis was accustomed to it—knowledge was rarely ever a low-hanging fruit after all. Parnassus intrigued him, and Stannis Caedast kindly recalled his younger days when he first learned to explore the world and begin the laborious quest for his Grand Wish. There was a lot of himself he saw in the younger Aspect, the same rampant idealism and self-assuredness that would surely have sundered his own quests had it not been for a dedication for learning and growing. A spirit born from people's wants to be remembered, however, did not necessarily possess those same intuitions, and so Stannis chose to share what he knew. "Allow me to share with you something I have learned to be true."

We exist for single reasons, pursuing dreams we cannot dream, chasing nightmares that do not scare us, and granting wishes that are not ours,” Stannis said, his voice low and melancholic. “The truth us people create gods when they wonder why things happen, but people create idols when they have glory to give to people. Gods are ethereal but heroes... those are real. You want to be idolized? Make them—these people you wish to be fondly remembered by—make them see themselves in you. Show them that you fulfill some part they have been missing, that you are not an alien to them but one of them. Show them how they can be the heroes of their own lives and you will always be the shining beacon of they strive to emulate. Mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery.

"But you don't have to take my word for it by itself," he added. "You can ask the dozens, if not thousands, of individual lives I have touched and inspired in my time on the Ark, each of them holding some cherished memory of me they will never forget. Atamai. Talleah. Arkius. Jutori. Nakaii. Antrim. Sulov. One such example was the very same who cooked our meals tonight. Gore Fury was but a child when he saw me for the first, and only time,  yet it was by my act of mundane kindness back then that I became enshrined in his mind so that merely seeing my face today urged him to cook his family's stew my honor, an ode a lifetime in the making.

"People will care, Parnassus, but only if they see you as someone they can emulate first. That is a true influence. Nobody wants to be like their god; they want to be like their idols."

Parnassus was silent. They looked down at Caedast, into his eyes as grey as quarried stone. Their first thought was that he was a fool, an ancient relic who had spent too long playing at being one of these Builders that he had forgotten who he was, where he had come from, who his family was. Perhaps he did not even want to be an Aspect anymore. Perhaps that was why he had left in the first place.

And what about you, Parnassus?

Their second thought was a memory of home. Of the books that they had consumed in their days as a mere will-o-wisp. Tales of the mightiest of Builders, the ones chosen by the Great Spirit to bend the very elements to their will in the service of the many. It was a transformation story, a coming of age -- a corruption of the facts of desecration, of the rites of Makuta. But perhaps because it was a corruption of those facts, Parnassus had related to it so. They, too, wished to be transformed, made more and better and stronger. Made into a hero with a flash of light. And so, when the time had come for them to venture into the wider world beyond the walls of Kumu, Parnassus had fashioned for themself a body which most resembled the heroes they had read about.

Only if they see you as someone they can emulate first.

Parnassus was silent for a moment. "I will ... bear that in mind, coz," they finally said, looking away, back to the orange firelight of the fortress. "Thank you."

You’re welcome.” He sat in silence for a beat. 

I can help you, you know,” Stannis then said. “There’s a storm coming to Xa. It’s brewing over the horizon and under our feet—you feel it too, I know it, I can see it in your eyes clear as lightning. It will pull things asunder as all storms do, but I can help you thrive through it, even assist you in attaining your quest. We are not rivals, Parnassus, I have nothing to suffer from offering you a hand... should you choose to take it.

"I am no Builder," Parnassus said. "I would not be part of your flock, coz."

You don’t need to be a Builder to hold wishes in your heart. I exist to obtain knowledge and to share it, I empower people to make insightful and educated choices that wouldn’t otherwise be able to make. I explore and learn so others don’t have to have to wonder the why or how at the cost of their lives. Builder or not, I am offering you my knowledge just the same.

"With the greatest respect, coz," Parnassus said, taking a step towards Caedast, "you are also an Aspect of Makuta. And our family does not offer such things out of the goodness of our hearts. Not without promise of recompense."

You’re right. As we both know what we are, it would be foolish to try to deceive you with duplicitous promises and tenebrous half-truths, so you can be sure as night that I am being genuine. After all, you can see through any nebulous deceptions, is that not right?

The old man continued. “I do not offer you charity, Parnassus, I offer you help. Knowledge always carries a price but is history tells us anything it is that it often costs far more not to possess it. I may need banners in the coming storm, an in exchange you will have ample opportunity to show yourself as a hero of legend yourself. That, my Parnassus, is all in the bargain.

Parnassus considered their cousin’s words. They could not trust their own kin, that much was known by all Aspects. But this cousin had also lived amongst the Builders for most of his life — perhaps they had inspired in him a touch of sentimentality. Perhaps he was being honest with Parnassus. And if what he said was true...

Tell me your tales, coz,” Parnassus said. “And if I found them helpful, I may aid you through this storm you have seen on the horizon.

I will share with you all you want and more,” he said lazily. “All I need... is a heartlight.

The stars seemed to dim suddenly, sharply. “You would desecrate me?!” Parnassus said, advancing swiftly on Caedast.

Stannis remained in repose seated upon the sand, looking for all the world like it was some curious bird advancing on him and not a fellow dangerous Aspect. “To show you the truths of life and death, to teach you the stories and knowledge I’ve attained, to provide you the license to do as thou wilt when thou wilt, I would offer you the same as I would any other, with no lies, no deceptions, no tricks. And then you can become the idol of the people you wish to be in their lifetimes, not by the end of yours.

I told you, Caedast,” the young Aspect said, “that I would not become one of your flock. I will not become your servant, either.

So you did—and I would not think of you as a servant, either, which is why I would offer an equal trade." He leaned forward, tilting his head sharply upwards to look up at Parnassus, looking meek and small in contrast to his enraged and inflated fellow.

Two heartlights," he said. "One for you... and one for me.

@Conway

• Like 7

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Berys and Arnex sat on the edge of the cargo bay doors of the Taku, looking down at the funeral below.

Knichou and Nale stood deathly still for a long time, attention consumed by the bonfire, even as various Matoran passed through to pay their respects. The burning wood popped and embers sizzled as less and less of Datrox remained. After a few minutes that felt to Knichou like a few hours, as less fuel remained for the fire and the body became more visible to the onlookers, the Toa of iron slowed his breathing and closed his eyes. He pulled a Nale in a little closer as his muscles tensed, his mind reaching out to feel the altar.

Most, if not all of the organics in Datrox's body were ash, but the metal mechanical form still remained. Knichou did not want Nale to see Datrox like this. The metals constituting the pyre obeyed his commands, and those watching would see the strange, almost lifelike sight of steel flowing through Datrox like blood, the emaciated silhouette looking rejuvenated as metal flowed through what used to house the Toa of fire's veins. The metal grew until it fit the shape that Datrox had been before, sealing the corpse in layers of protective steel.

Knichou wanted to make Datrox whole for Nale. So that the Toa would be remembered for his strengths, not his flaws and mistakes. It was how Knichou hoped to be remembered. Datrox's left arm, a robotic contraption that went apparently unscathed by the scalding fires, separated from the body at the shoulder to float off and land in the dirt nearby. A new arm of pure steel grew in it's place, matching the style of the right arm perfectly and completing the Ta-Toa's sturdy grip on the Obsidian Blade.

The outside of the unusual casket began to shift, matoran characters embossing themselves into the sides of the rectangular monolith.

Here lies Datrox Karvan of the Toa Rode, slain while performing his Duty of protecting the Matoran after the Fall.

A different color of metal reflected the twirling flamelight. Copper grew over Datrox's maskless face, shaping into that of a Noble Huna. A mask of victory, a familiar ceremonial item to those in Metru-Nui. Datrox did not fail. He did his Duty; Navu's life was a testament to his victory, and this powerless Kanohi would reflect that on his memorial.

The flames were not as strong as before, although they stayed steady while they consumed their last meal. After a few minutes, Knichou's work was over. His muscles relaxed, but he did not budge. He thought about many great friends that he had been too grief stricken to bear remembering in years prior. There was sadness, yes, but also peace. He did not want to leave.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

Vulimai waited and watched, and was left in silent awe as Knichou used her element to enshroud and emboss the iron slab with the form of the fallen Toa, ensuring that his visage and memory would never be forgotten, the copper Kanohi of victory marking their sacrifice in the line of Duty. It was an honorable gesture, one that Vulimai hoped to have made into a monument to the fallen, if Knichou would allow such.

And...A part of Vulimai was also happy. Happy that this treatment wasn't wasted upon Turaga Sans, wherever his body may lie now. A part of Vulimai hoped his body was lost, that the citizens didn't still hold any attachment to their Turaga after this disaster...But Vulimai knew better, and she knew that some would still hold faith in their Turaga's actions, no matter how misguided they were. She just hoped that none would wish a monument in his honor, a request Vulimai wouldn't be able to refuse.

But as the fires died down, and Matoran returned to their Duties, Vulimai and the Toa would be needed to return to their Duties as well. Stepping up next to Knichou, Vulimai let out a cough to catch the Toa of Iron's attention before speaking. "Toa Knichou, I require your assistance upon a matter. If you will, please follow me back to my hut so that we may discuss it in private, lest you have an alternative place more secure." Vulimai's words were commanding and urgent, but they were not harsh. Vulimai knew loss and saw how Knichou held onto the other Toa by his side, but Vulimai needed Knichou and only hoped that the Toa would not be too upset with Vulimai to deny their help.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Rode Memorial

Knichou's tranquil pondering was interrupted by a familiar cough near him. He opened his eyes to see Metru-Koro's leader looking up at him. The engineer turned slightly to his right to face Vulimai, quickly letting go of Nale's shoulder with his left arm and instead clasping his hands behind his back as if that was how he had been standing all along.

"C-Captain," Knichou greeted, searching for words to say while distracted by his mind racing on other matters. "If there's something that needs to be said in private, there's always the Taku's bridge."

Knichou pointed upwards at the airship to keep his hands busy.

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Central Plaza)

Her optics finally broke from the pyre, as it shifted and turned into a casket, and they trailed the wisps of smoke continuing into the sky and traveled to the Taku floating above, the dead skull sitting on the horizon behind it, and to the man beside her. Holding her.

"I...thank you for doing this," she said finally. "You didn't have to do all this, but...it's better than being forgotten in an unmarked grave, that's for sure."

Knichou retracted his arm at the arrival of Vulimai, and Nale too changed her stance, crossing her arms and pretending to survey the immediate area. The moment..had passed.  Just a little longer...why not just a little longer?

"You have been away from your ship for some time, Commander," Nale said, now looking at the Toa of Iron again. "Maybe she's missed you."

@BULiK@Toru Nui@Sparticus147

• Like 5

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Saybo’s hand gripped his pistol as Zaliyah’s broadcast came through. Her vile mouth spewed foul words like oil spilled in a pristine pond. He was ready for her to burst through the workshop door so he could gun her down for her atrocities for denying a Great Being such as Aurax. It was unthinkable, and should be rightly and justly punished. He didn’t even need emotions to know that.

But Aurax, in his great wisdom, didn’t order Saybo to do so. Truly, Aurax was a just and kind Great Being, offering his other subjects the opportunity to slay the corrupt intruders. Instead, Saybo nodded his compliance to Aurax’s commands and suggestions, and grabbed as many weapons as he could find, setting them out for inspection.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10), Atop the Amaja Circle Tower

With - Sidra, NPC Nuju

You did, did you? Hummm. Very interesting. You don’t seem to be a projection like our friend Nuju here.” Sorilax inclined his head towards the Ko-Matoran, his flower crown jostling slightly, causing the small shadow lizard to raise its head from its sleep. “As for me, my companion Sala and I spent the last four days walking from the Fau Swamp to the south, taking our own path north through the drab marshes before climbing these mountains. It was quite a long and arduous trip, though I suppose in actuality I don’t get tired, being an Aspect and all. And in Avagah, Sala doesn’t get that winded either. So, perhaps arduous was an inaccurate statement.

Sorilax scratched his chin, “But if you came from the Far Shore through this portal, can you validate Nuju’s claims with evidence, that it is a place that validates all universes?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Grand Temple Ruins

With - Apex

Viltia jumped at Apex’s deeper, growling voice and shrieked in surprise. Already prepared for a Nui-Rama to attack her at any moment, her tethers shot out in all directions, grabbing whatever they could find. They pulled Viltia up into the air, away from the noise, spinning her to face it. They did this all as naturally as could be, acting without thought at the sudden sound, shifting and moving to adjust their grip if need be. She looked like a large, glowing spiny urchin.

The Rahkshi Staff, which one of her tethers was wrapped around to hold it, was pointed in Apex’s direction even as Viltia fumbled for her axe/crossbow.

But her demeanor completely changed when she realized who it was. Her tethers gently set her on the floor and she left her axe where it was on her back. She placed a hand on her chest, trying to laugh off the scare. She walked over to Apex, “Sorry about that. I thought you might be a Nui-Rama. How have you been?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Eyru

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Whira

As more and more information was revealed, Cravious became more and more focused. The horrors of the space seemed distant as he drank in the sweet elixir that was knowledge. There were special discs that had been made here in these very lava flows. Perhaps the level 9 disc that he sought to make. They had taken Heartlights as ingredients, which was odd, but also oddly fitting. Based on the depictions, they had been Matoran Heartlights, but he sure hoped that part wasn’t mandatory.

The closest parallel he could think of was Aspects needing the Heartlights of sentient beings, so perhaps that would work here as well and they wouldn’t need to go find expendable Matoran. Wherever they might be.

Cravious pointed at the carvings, “I believe we just got what we needed. We need a Heartlight. Probably from a sentient being. And I’ve seen that forge from outside the volcano. No doubt we should cast our Kanoka and then Kanohi in the lava flows outside. Though the Heartlight might be a problem.

He turned to Whira, “What do you think? Do you see something else in these ancient carvings?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

"I don't know anything about a far shore," she replied, intrigued by the Aspect's comments about validating other universes. "I came here through a portal in the Ruins of Ice. And before that... you and I came from the same place. The swamps. Le-Metru Nuva."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Waiting Room)

Ostrox looked up from his reading material. To distract the Vahki from Zaliyah and the Toa, he rolled up the tabloid garbage 'news'paper and threw it at it, getting ready to leap out of the armchair if it went for him. "No. Bad robot, very bad."

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Central Plaza)

"OK, so… my house is mostly unscathed, but the crops I was growing outside it are… not. Is there anything else I can help you with? Any available positions?"

@BULiK@Tarn@Sparticus147

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi stumbled at the Toa’s words, unfolding his staff to lean on. “I … I can’t take a break,” he said in a growing rush of frantic words, “the world doesn’t take a break. My village was destroyed, Metru-Koro invaded, b-but worst of all the universe we lived in was torn apart. The very head of the universe was ripped from its neck, crashing into this island. S-so many people died, so many who deserved to live. Millions died on the impact, both League and Matoran. Just … mangled and slaughtered by g-gravity alone. A-and we don’t even know if the rest of the universe survives, with such a hole cleaved into it, the air might rush out and leave everyone suffocating. We are some of the few survivors, and more of us keep dying. I have to keep them s-safe.

OOC: @Onaku after ages, I muster up a post.

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins Exterior:

True to her word, the Toa of Fire did nothing to dodge or impede the attack, the bolt if darkness hitting her square in the chest. It was cold, like the sudden chill of a cloud covering the sun, and it seemed to sap away the warmth of her skin for a moment.  The impact shoved her backward but she leaned into the attack, and to her credit, did not fall or falter.

It was very exciting, in fact. Kat had often trained with other masters besides Lhii, but the Shadow master had always been disinclined to training her. Added to that, they had never had a student that Kat had ever seen. Thus, her experience facing shadow powers was almost entirely nonexistant.

Which naturally got her fired up.

Her grimace of discomfort gave way to a grin, and with a high pressure burst of movement, she leapt, a burst of Flame from her heel pinwheeling her into an axe kick at the Aspect who faced her.

@Toru Nui

• Like 4

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - Sidra, NPC Nuju

Sorilax gave the stranger before him a sideways glance. He knew everyone in Le-Metru Nuva. There weren’t that many beings living there, and she wasn’t one of them. But… even knowing the name of the village validated her claims. And if she hadn’t come through this portal right before them, then perhaps the other ones must simply be to the same, or possibly slightly altered, timeline. And if she had come from an altered timeline, then perhaps that timeline’s him knew her, so he should seek to find out if what she claimed was true.

Though you knowing the village’s name lends credence to your claims, I do not remember ever seeing you before, and I know everyone who lives there. Well... I suppose I have been away for some time, so not currently. Can you offer any assurances that what you say is truth?

He did not miss her saying she knew nothing about the Far Shore. He was mentally gathering what Nuju had told him, ready to launch into a lecture when the time was right. As for coming from the Ruins of Ice, perhaps he might want to take that portal to record the place. Whether this timeline or another, it would be good to write down its essence so it could be remembered.

• Like 1

IC: Zaliyah – The Coliseum

“Easy there,” the washroom door creaked open, and the misshapen form of Zaliyah shambled out into the corridor. “Our escort is just doing its job.”

She glanced at the Vahki, feigning normalcy as she smiled at the automaton.

“You can tell the Barraki we’re ready to see him now.”

She didn’t truly expect the machine to take her request seriously at this point.

She’d heard Aurax’s message over the radio, his refutation of her claims and call to arms. Somehow, the thought that he would counter her broadcast with a tirade of his own hadn’t really crossed her mind. She’d expected him to scamper away with whatever loot he’d scrounged up the instant his lies unravelled. He hadn’t exactly gone to much effort to conceal the truth, after all, given that he’d allowed Oreius to tell the real account of events to the survivors in the village, and opened the city up for those villagers to return to. Even without Zaliyah’s interference, Aurax would have had a day or two at best before the Leaguers learned the truth from the refugees and turned against him.

But evidently, he either hadn’t had the time to put an escape plan in place, or he truly intended to fight for the city he’d stolen… or let others do the fighting for him.

@Onaku @Toru Nui

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Kini  Nui

"I can show you, if you, uh... open your mind," she said. "Just bear with me, because I've never actually tried this before." She drew upon her newly improved powers, and attempted to project her thoughts into the Aspect's mind: her memories of Viltia rescuing her from the swamp and showing her around the village.

@Kal the Guardian @Eyru

• Like 4

With - Sidra, NPC Nuju

Oh? So she had some kind of mental ability? Perhaps Psionics? Sorilax readied himself for the information. When it came, Sidra could feel him stripping apart the memories, categorizing them and placing them in the relevant alcoves in his mind. He cross-checked her memories with his own, noting that the village was in the same state as when he had left it, meaning she had shown up soon after he had left.

With the way Viltia spoke, and the way the villagers acted, everything seemed to point to this Sidra being part of the same timeline and universe as he was, or at least one so similar as to be basically the same. He wasn’t sure if the distinction was important or not.

Sorilax nodded to himself, “Well, that is certainly the same village I know. In fact, the beings there are exactly as I remember. So perhaps those other portals simply cross the space of this universe, and don’t lead elsewhere or elsewhen.

The shadow lizard lowered its head, falling asleep to Sorilax’s voice.

As for this place, hummm, where to begin?” He pondered for a moment. Well, more like a good fifteen seconds of silence. “Actually, it may be far faster to just read my memories, if that is within your capabilities.

Sorilax gathered the knowledge and memories he had of this place, beginning from entering the clearing around the temple to walking down the Amaja Circle tower steps. Then he thrust them from himself, so that Sidra wouldn’t be lost in his ancient mind.

To him, they were memories. To Sidra, not familiar with how his mind functioned, they were transcripts of what had happened, with hundreds, or maybe thousands, of addendums attached that either added his own knowledge of the subject or his thoughts on what had happened. They were still memories, however, and Sidra would be able to easily understand the gist of what had happened here.

Sorilax and Sala had arrived, with no Far Shore portal in sight. They had walked around and found the dead Toa of Water. They had buried the Toa with respect nearby. Sorilax had solved the Suva Kaita puzzle, with it descending and offering him a Taboo, which he had used to change his element to Light. Then Sala had placed the partial Makoki stone in the giant head, summoning the portal.

After that, Nuju had arrived from the portal, offering knowledge. The addendums on Nuju’s words were plentiful, too many to go through, but the transcripts of what Nuju had said offered a much deeper understanding of the world, though at every turn, the smallest of Sorilax’s addendums screamed for evidence or proof of some kind, which Nuju had never offered.

Then the memories moved to the dark abyss below, and the doorway of death, that had almost killed the Aspect. To cap things off, she saw the uselessness of the Amaja Circle to offer hidden knowledge and then how he had noticed the other portals and the unearthed bunkers near them.

• Like 3

The onslaught of information was momentarily overwhelming, and it took several moments for Sidra to sift through them. Being exposed to hours of another being's life in a matter of seconds was a strange experience. The way Sorilax sorted his thoughts was equal parts alien and familiar to her, less like truly experiencing an event and more like reading a rough draft of a scholar's thesis, full of suggestions and alterations. She couldn't keep up with it all, and didn't even try.

The miasma of memories left her with more questions than answers. The knowledge of taboos and Aspects and altered elements opened up all kinds of intriguing possibilities. This Far Shore that Nuju had spoken of sounded like a place worth exploring. But if the machine had already been here, then it couldn't be the same one she'd attempted to destroy in Tuyet's cave. Was this one from one of the alternate dimensions the Toa had mentioned, or did this one pre-date the one she'd encountered before? 

But none of what she's seen or experienced through Sorilax helped answer the other question burning within her. Why was she here?

"I see...clearly there's much left to discover in this place," she finally said. Her mask glowed briefly, and one of her nektann crawled up to perch atop her head, beginning to slowly rotate as it filmed a panorama of the location for future reference. "When I left the Temple of Ice, I felt... drawn to this place. There's something here I'm supposed to do, or find, I think. Did you or your companion feel anything like that? Or have any idea what I might be looking for?"

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

With - Sidra, NPC Nuju

Sorilax nodded in understanding, “Ah, Kini-Nui has called another. I was drawn to this place to finally free myself from the clutches of my nature as an Aspect.” He held up his left arm and created a small glowing ball of golden light. “Not only have I changed my element, but who I fundamentally am. Finally I can feel emotions fully. No longer do selfishness, greed, and conniving poison my thoughts. It is the best feeling I have ever felt. And now, combined with figuring out how to do Desecrations with Rahi Heartlights instead of Sentient Heartlights, I no longer fear that my Aspect nature will lead me astray. I can offer help with truth and sincerity so that I might one day help all Life.”

He waved away the topic, “But as for yourself, I can not speak with certainty as to why you are here. Perhaps you are here to unlock the secrets of Tren Krom by searching out the Far Shore for the missing Makoki Stones. Perhaps you are here to open those bunkers and use what is inside. Perhaps you are even here to fight the darkness that lies below, though that one I doubt most of all. I would caution any who seek to challenge the void filled shadows deep beneath.

Sorilax stroked his chin once more. “Maybe you can access the Suva Kaita. I could not, but perhaps Aspects are not allowed. Hopefully they are not, actually. My species isn’t exactly what I would call ‘good intentioned’.

But it is hard to offer suggestions for your purpose without knowing what, or what circumstances, in the Temple of Ice caused you to be drawn here. I know my own ultimate goal that I am striving towards, though right now I too am not certain where it might lead me next. Perhaps meditating would help rearrange your thoughts? It certainly has helped me these past weeks.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

"Meditating aint really my thing," she replied. "I do my best thinking on my feet." Most of the suggestion he'd made so far sounded enticing, and there was nothing really preventing her from attempting all of it while she was here. The fact that a being powerful enough to change their own element and create power out of heartlights wasn't able to access some of the temple's functions suggested a very specific kind of lock, perhaps one that her new power was the key to. 

Still, the last Suva she'd encountered hadn't required anything special to unlock, just patience and exertion. So perhaps the bunkers he'd spoken of were the place to start. There were six bunker doors she could see...  and there'd been six Great Disks... so presumably six temples with NUVA doors. 

"I didn't catch your name before," she turned to the strangely-shimmering Ko-Matoran. "I'm Sidra. Do you know anything more about this place, and the portal that brought me here?"

@Kal the Guardian @Eyru

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Rode Memorial

Knichou gave a light chuckle at Nale's jokee. "I certainly hope she didn't take too much damage in the attack."

"Oh, and there's always room for more help on the Taku if you want to tag along," Knichou said to Navu, before turning and making his way to the rope ladder to enter the Taku. He took this time to respond to what Nale told him before Vulimai's interruption.

"Like I said when you showed me the dagger, Nale - it's important to not let the past be forgotten. Even if it hurts... it's too important."

He paused at the foot of the rope ladder, wanting to say something more, but stopped himself and instead began to climb upwards. When he was aboard, he gave Berys and Arnex a nod.

"This is Berys, he'll answer your questions," Knichou told Navu, before leading Nale and Vulimai up to the Taku's bridge on the upper deck. On the walk up, he took care to look out for any battle damage, and wondered what it must have been like during the battle. When the two captains and the commander were on the bridge, Knichou addressed Vulimai.

"What do you need?"

~~~

Berys sighed as he was given another thankless task. Who was this lady? Replacements for Suhaku and Exuze?

"Who are you? Any skills that might be useful on an airship?" The Le-Matoran asked Navu.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 3:30 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Northern Gates)

Tekmo followed Skorm. "I’m sorry, but what was it that IV just said?"

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

On his shoulder, IV suddenly was very interested in the scenery. Skorm smirked. "Something about being carsick, I think. Anyway, we should make our way to Irna's place; I think Kei has been sleeping there, and we need to go over the plan with her. And she's good with tech, so she might be able to come up with a solution for my two-seater having to take four people across the island and what I presume is the sea."

Skorm looked away to the horizon, his eyes taking in the rays being shed and scorching the wastes around them, broken up by lonely clouds as the two toa walked through the scarred Koro. "I really wish we had a map of this island." When they were outside of Irna's hut, Skorm lifted IV off his shoulder and onto the ground. "Go get Kei, she'll be happy to see you."

IV scurried into the hut, clicking and chirping. Skorm's smile faded back into seriousness as he turned and leaned against the side of the hut, crossing his arms "What happened to you? I haven't seen you since we split before the battle."

Inside Irna's hut, IV scanned the interior, searching for the person both it and Skorm had classified as 'friend'. Spotting Keitara, IV activated its wing modules to fly up to land beside her on the bed. IV chimed a preprogrammed soft wakeup alarm; a relic from its time as an assistant to a now-dead Ghost. IV felt things were right.

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA

• Like 4

The times, they are a-changing...

IC “Collector” - The Ruins of Stone

Wait, what is — where are you going?” Collector spun their head back and forth so many times they grew dizzy, “Toa Atamai, what about the village?” They hesitated, in part because their head was spinning, but also something seemed off about Atamai. But Collector did not understand people enough to know what. He seemed … more decisive, but in a way he had not been before. It was … there was a coldness, not a physical temperature coldness like Collector’s Kanoka Blade, but it was familiar all the same.

Then Atamai ‘NUVA’ vanished, seemingly abandoning the few surviving Matoran. Collector stared there, this … this didn’t feel like what a Toa should do, did it? Toa were great heroes, beloved by the !atoran, powerful saviors of the Matoran. It … it didn’t feel right. The Vortixx turned to the main Toa present who had not been changed by the light. ”Toa Jutori, what … what do we do? Should we follow him? Is … this seems odd, right? Not the portal opening, I don’t understand magic maybe that’s typical of magic, but Atamai, am I imagining things?” 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 4

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

The medic had already been on the bridge, seated next to the radio. He gave a nod as greeting to Vulimai and the returning Captain Vella and Commander Knichou (something that he knew would get confusing, eventually), and tapped his fingers against the console nervously before speaking up. "Knichou, I know this might not be the best time, but...Taku didn't make it out of the battle without any scratches. As soon as you get the chance, I need you to see the injured."

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone Interior

The Toa watched his friend--or perhaps, the being that had been his friend--leave, and for a moment seemed to act as if Collector wasn't there. Jutori looked confused, astounded...as many adjectives as possible to describe how he felt after what had taken place. The gift behind the NUVA door...wasn't to be shared.

He stared blankly at where the portal had been for a moment, then blinked a few times. "I...don't think we can follow him," Jutori finally answered the Vortixx. "I think whatever's happened, Atamai has been put on a path that deviates from our own."

The Odd Company's grand adventure to discover the secrets of Zakaz had turned out to be something much more complicated. And they still had a giant monster running around the place. The Ba-Toa sighed and placed a hand on the side of his Mahiki. "Blasted island," he said. "When are things gonna start making sense?"

@Harvali@Onaku@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Arkius - Ruins of Stone

Finally, seeing Atamai emerge, and then abscond a moment later through the portal, Arkius sighed and stood up fully, towering over most everyone present. "He has his own path to follow now. We who are left have a different task on our hands." The tone with which he spoke was distinct and unlike the way anyone remembered him having spoken before. More refined, self assured, and just slightly deeper to top it off. He turned and looked at Kilo, an uncharacteristic glint of cold intelligence behind his white-green eye. "According to what I was told of this temple's discovery, it was located through cross-referencing the equivalent shape of this island with the shape of Metru-Nui, and comparing the coordinates of the Great Disk in Po-Metru with the equivalent geographical coordinates on this island. Kilo, surely the same be done with the coordinates of the Great Disk in Onu-Metru, correct?"

@pokemonlover360@Tarn@Harvali

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

The Toa of iron cursed under his breath and thanked Triage. He had a feeling the victory (yet also surrender somehow) didn't come without a cost.

"Okay. We can do that as soon as Vulimai is done saying what she needs to say."

• Like 2

IC “Collector” - The Ruins of Stone

Collector’s head jerked towards Arkius, was his voice different? Their hand fiddled in their air, craving to grab their Kanoka Blade. They fought that urge. “Toa Arkius, I … are you sure we should pursue a new quest so soon? There are less than two hundred Matoran left in this village, and until the radio tower is fully rebuilt we don’t know the fate of Metru-Koro. These may be the last Matoran left. I … I do not know if we should abandon them.” Like Collector had abandoned the Matoran to join the last quest. 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

• Like 4

IC: Arkius - Ruins of Stone

"Don't be foolish, Vortixx, obviously we are not abandoning these people as too many have before. This task will undertaken by a group of no more than four individuals. I, with my powers, and Kilo, should they prove capable of calculating this place's Earthen equivalent as I have faith they can, will guide two other Toa; Jutori and Vashni, through the underground to reach said temple. There are at least two other candidates outside, both who may qualify for this journey should either wish to remain behind, but we should head out immediately so as to not leave this village's defenses diminished for too long."

@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Tarn@Harvali

• Like 3

IC: Marrow – Mesi Tunnels

Time went by, and the tunnels grew ever darker, colder, and quieter, as the sunless surrounds steadily swallowed up the confidence and calm of Marrow’s motley companions. In his experience, even the bravest of beings grew fearful and furtive when they were cut off from light and life for long enough.

Marrow trudged on in silence, only speaking up when spoken to. His bare hands and feet trailed along the walls and floors of the tunnel, feeling for the footprints and furrows left by those who had walked these ways before him. Occasionally his hands would brush over the miniscule creatures that scuttled and slithered in the dark, and he would hastily pull away to avoid being bitten or stung.

Though he called the dark home, it was not without its dangers.

Deeper and deeper they went, the tunnel sloping and spiralling ever downwards. Though he could no longer perceive them, Marrow knew that sporadic tufts of luminescent fungi and foliage would be becoming visible on the walls and ceiling, having spread up from further below, where those Mesi who could still see relied on the illumination the plants offered.

“We are growing closer,” he said, before continuing onwards.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

1 hour ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

Oh, to know what thoughts went through Parnassus' mind, fluttering like the shadows of moth wings flying for a heatstone. Gliding one after another towards that final, fiery destination— "Very well, coz," the young Aspect said. "I accept."

"It's agreed, then," Stannis said. "We learn from each other, benefit from one another, neither beholden to the other but better from it." It was an old custom, he thought, a virtuous one and, Oh! How easily Mata Nui's so-called Three Virtues could be manipulated to fit whatever narrative anyone wanted. Perhaps that was the beauty in them, and how the being had abused their flexibility so much. 

"Ah, you can do it more easily than I. Suspicious eyes are drawn to this feeble old man, I'm afraid," he said, his voice low. "Bring the lights and we shall seal this."

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

Diverting shadows to his hands, Ulkarr moved to intercept Kat’s kick by grabbing her leg. While his hands grew darker, his eyes began to glow...

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Achro (The Coliseum)

Achro couldn’t believe what he had heard. These people had just gotten new management, and not a day had passed before they started disputing it again. This was not the behaviour of civilized creatures, no… this was the behaviour of SKAKDI. He wondered if he had chosen the wrong side, not for the first time.

He went back to bed. Why bother trying to schmooze the new boss when there wasn’t a guarantee he was going to last the night? If this nonsense persisted, he’d have to hand in his resignation. Or take charge himself. Everyone else seemed to be doing it, these days...

IC: NU-8020S, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone)

Impressionable was having difficulty processing what was going on. As was Obedient, but he wasn’t overly concerned with the one called Atamai and his unusual transformation, so long as the Squad Mother was not.

The Squad Mother was, but that could wait. Evidently, the Toa were chasing the secrets of this island, as was Takadox and his assortment of pawns. A desperate fruitless grab for power - or at least, it would be, if the fruit had not literally been borne before her. Also, this was an opportunity to one-up the prototype, and there was no way she was going to pass that up.

"I must interject, to provide relevant information. While traversing the island, we located a temple of similar design to this one, east of the central volcano. We did not have the luxury to investigate it, as hostile organics - including our target - were currently occupying its interior, forcing us to withdraw, as their numbers were too great and their capabilities were unknown. The structure itself did not seem significant until now."

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@Harvali@~Xemnas~@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

Well, so much for Berys answering her questions. "I’m Navu, and I can perform basic manual labour." Best to be honest about such things.

@BULiK

IC: Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

Lawful attempted to console the Akiri, in his own way. "There is no need for concern. According to this unit’s analysis, you have performed adequately."

@Harvali@Onaku

• Like 4