Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vulimai (The Taku, Cargo Bay)

"I, See..." "That wasn't exactly what I was expecting" Vulimai thought to herself as Whisper listed the possible powers she had to offer. "...Well, I'm not exactly what sort of use we could gain from Ice Resistance, and I'm curious what exactly Stasis Field is. But Sleep and Laser Vision do both seem useful in case we will need to defend the settlement again. How effective are these Kraata?"

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"At present, they're at their lowest level. As I grow stronger, so too shall my brood," she explained. "With Sleep you could survive in a hibernation state for a considerable length of time, Ice Resistance would allow you to make your body unbearably hot to the touch, Laser Vision grants you the ability to project flashes of blinding brightness from your eyes, and Stasis Field would allow you to project a shield of energy around you that would render you immobile, but impervious to harm."

@Sparticus147 @BULiK @Tarn

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Cargo Bay of the Taku

"I'm definitely not letting one of those things touch my mask," Knichou agreed with Nale. He turned to Triage.

"Doc, in your esteemed medical opinion, what are the risks of... giant slugs touching your mask and giving you powers?"

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"But, sorry, I think I'd be one to pass on letting one of those things on me." "I'm definitely not letting one of those things touch my mask," 

Vulimai couldn't help but agree, a part of her was still hesitant on accepting Whisper's 'gifts'. They seemed to be to good to be true...Well, at least they were if they were a little more impressive, but that was neither here nor there. But the Matoran needed aid in whatever way they can.

"Though I will admit, some of these sound lacking in the current moment, I did say I would consider your offer of aid...And well, you have certainly provided. I will call for volunteers amongst the Matoran, I'm not having anyone be forced into this. It'll be there choice if they accept it. Thank you Whisper."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

"Very well," she nodded, "In the meantime, I have a request. For lack of a better word, there is a... price, for my services."

@Sparticus147 @BULiK @Tarn

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Knichou's face shifted from confused and slightly amused at the pathetic looking worms to deathly serious.

"A price?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Even while Nuju spoke with Sidra, Sorilax's mind worked with academic efficiency on his surroundings. He considered the broken machine forming the bounded gateway of the Far Shore portal. He studied the empty sockets where a kanoka disk could fit, and found the words "caution, lock before use" in flaking yellow paint near each socket. No further information was written nearby the sockets, but Sorilax got the feeling the device was made of several found and upgraded components -- a hodgepodge construction of new and old materials. The damaged upper right where a portion of the machine had broken away showed exposed multicoloured wires and snapped cables of varying sizes. He noticed some screws were steel, some nuts were bronze, and there were even other components made of green copper. One of the nuts he realized was improperly forged, spiraling counterclockwise instead of clockwise. Several dents along its outer rim revealed someone hadn't bothered to thread it: they simply hit the thing with a hammer until it stayed put.

Nuju's voice returned Sorilax to the conversation;

"Sala passed beyond, and now only he can reveal what transpires during his journey. Should he return, I hope his luck holds and the Makoki Stone is found. But I'm not a betting matoran -- it's unlikely the Makoki Stone would be found so soon. Though if he did, it would look something like the stone you found that summoned me. I'm sure if you returned to the Far Shore, your journey would be unique, and your rewards bountiful."

OOC: @Kal the GuardianGuardianGuardianGuardianGuardianGuardia, @Nato the TravelerTraveler, @~Xemnas~

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

"As I mentioned, when I grow stronger, so too shall my kraata. In order to become stronger, we Aspects must fulfill certain milestones towards our life's goal, our Grand Wish," she explained. "My milestones revolve around learning and experiencing new things." 

Her kraata of Sleep nuzzled up against her head, deciding to hibernate for a while now that it realised it wasn't going to be infecting any masks. "With your permission, and the consent of whichever being volunteers, I wish to spend a day possessing one of the residents of your village, to share control of their body, and see and feel all they do. I wish to experience life, to feel emotion and sensation like a being of flesh and blood."

@BULiK @Tarn @Sparticus147

• Like 5

The Toa of iron shot Nale a worried glance. Whispers request was odd and Knichou was at a loss for words. So instead, he opted to let others ask more and began to focus on one of the many tasks at hand.

"Berys, go to the bridge and keep an eye on the radio."

The Le-Matoran did as ordered, glad to get away from this strange conversation.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

"I want to share someone's body for a day," she repeated. "One of us would be in control, the other... a sort of passenger. There would be no need for travel or danger, it could be done right here in the village. Under supervision, if necessary." 

• Like 2

Knichou snapped a finger gun at Triage. "Doc, I want you to watch this process if some matoran actually take up on Whispers slug offer, and report back anything relevant you see. Same goes for if anyone actually consents to this... 'body sharing', okay? If anything goes wrong I want you to be there to help if you can, and record what happens if you can't."

Knichou pulled his hand back, as if trying to recall something.

"Ah Karz, didn't you say we had injured from the battle? Maybe we should see them first and then you can go observe whatever it is Whisper does."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Vulimai contemplated Whisper's request. On the surface, it seemed innocent enough, if not slightly insidious. And the offer she has, for Metru-Koro, for the Matoran. It might honestly give the Matoran people an edge they are surely lacking. Without the constant presence of the Toa, the Matoran are virtually defenseless. But with these Kraata powers, perhaps the Matoran will no longer need to rely on their protectors...

"Assuming there isn't anything you are withholding from me...I will be willing to be your...V e s s e l," Vulimai couldn't say the word without cringing inside, the uncomfortable thoughts that came from another being inhabiting your body, "But, on two conditions. I will keep complete control over my body, try anything and the deal is off. And for the power offered by these Kraata, only until this part of the deal is done will the power be given to the Matoran."

• Like 2

"Captain..." Knichou said, possibly the first time he had addressed Vulimai by her rank without the slightest trace of mockery or sarcasm in his voice. "You don't have to do this."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - NPC Nuju

Nuju completely ignored his request, just like the Matoran had silently refused to offer any evidence to support his own claims. Suspicion rose within Sorilax. Nuju was starting to sound like some of the Aspects he knew back on the Kumu Islets, full of secret intentions and misdirection. His inherent trust in the Matoran shriveled and died slightly, like a malnourished tree frog.

But that was all the more reason to go find Sala. Sorilax pulled his twin knives. He normally only used them on aggressive Rahi, but perhaps now he would have to fight something a little more dangerous to keep Sala safe.

For half a second, he wished he had had the opportunity to create Rahkshi to help him here. The next he climbed the steps and entered the shimmering portal, swallowed whole like falling into a completely still lake. There one moment, gone the next, his stride never faltering and causing nary a ripple.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru Sorilax has entered the Far Shore alone.

• Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

"Captain...You don't have to do this."

Vulimai locked her gaze with Knichou, not wavering in the slightest, "No Toa, I have to do this. If there are consequences to this, than I alone should suffer from them. Is my Duty, to the Matoran, to my people." Turning her attention back towards Whisper, Vulimai spoke confidently and without a hint of fear, "So, do we have a deal?"

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

"That... wouldn't work for me," she replied, sounding almost apologetic as she said it. "As a passenger in your body, I would know what you were doing, but I wouldn't be able to feel it. I would need to be in control for at least some of the time, or there's no point." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

Knichou reached out a hand in protest and opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself. He knew from experience exactly what fueled Vulimai to make this choice, and realized for better or worse, he should not interfere. It wasn't his duty, it was her decision.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

"Thank you. We can begin any time you like," she said. "But first, is there somewhere secure that my shell and kraata can be stored while I'm in your body? My children are primitive, driven by instinct. Without me supervising them, they'll attempt to seek and empower masks of their own accord." 

@Sparticus147 @BULiK

• Like 2

A tall, cylindrical glass jar shimmered into reality in front of Whisper, surrounded by a grid of protosteel bars to insure it's integrity. The top was left open, with no apparent lid accompanying it yet.

• Like 2

IC: Whisper/Vulimai - Taku Cargo Bay

She blinked in surprise at the sudden appearance of the jar. Evidently these beings still had many surprises she had yet to understand. 

Clutching her kraata close, Whisper flew up to the opening and lowered herself fully into the jar, wings folding against her flanks and tails curling up around her torso. Once she was settled, her true gaseous form flowed out of the armoured shell, coalescing into an acrid green fog that hovered in the air before drifting over to where Vulimai stood. 

She wasn't sure which of them was the more anxious. Whisper had seen some of her fellow Aspects carry out possessions, but she'd never tried it herself. She didn't know what to expect, her overwhelming excitement at what was to come making it difficult to focus on what had to be done first. "Brace yourself," she said, as she drifted closer, "This may feel... strange." For both of us.

The roiling cloud that was Whisper enveloped Vulimai's head, and began slowing seeping in through her pores and orifices, merging with her in mind and body. She felt the Matoran's heartbeat quicken as she entered her bloodstream. She felt sparks of sensation dance through their shared nervous system. She could feel Vulimai's entire body recoil as if she wanted to retreat from her intrusion, a reflex borne of revulsion and reluctance. 

And then Whisper felt everything.

Beads of sweat clung to her skin, crawling down the nape of her neck. There was cold metal beneath her booted feet. The air inside the ship was cool, and she could feel the desert heat radiating through the open hatch. She inhaled, and it was like breathing through a cold morning mist as she swallowed in the last wisps of Whisper. There were strange sensations all across her skin, from clothing and armour pressed against her. She looked around, colours and contrasts clear to her in ways they'd never been before. She saw Nale and Knichou and the others staring at her, eyes filled with concern for their companion...

...and Whisper withdrew her control, remaining in Vulimai's body but returning agency to its rightful owner. 

Sorry... got a little excited there... she thought as hard as she could, hoping Vulimai could hear her. Are you alright? 

@Sparticus147

• Like 6

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

"Thank you." Ulkarr said, with complete sincerity. He then suddenly charged Kat, hands once again shrouded in shadow.

Reckless, meanwhile, was still adjusting his optic sensors after Ulkarr’s blinding attack.

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Waiting Room)

Ostrox dived out of the way of the Kanoka, landing on his hands and knees and began to scramble furiously to a bipedal position before anything else could attack him.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: NU-8020S, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone)

NU-8020S wasn’t sure how much she should believe Arkius’s stated intentions, but it was ultimately irrelevant unless his real goals were an obstruction to her own. Granted, making sure Matoran followed their own rules - and thus, adhering to her original programming - was beneath her, especially when her brethren still suffered under the yoke of League control, but she would have to play along for now. Provided that the Matoran remember who it was who made the rules they had to follow, and that it wasn’t the machines they created to enforce them.

"Vahki units will continue to maintain order in Tobduk-Koro following your departure."

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@~Xemnas~@Tarn@Snelly@Harvali

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Irna’s Hut)

"Ah yes. I actually saw what became of the hauler earlier. You see, it was parked just outside the Turaga’s hut… which is now a pile of rubble, as it was no doubt a prime target for the League ships. I don’t want to say the hauler is beyond repair, but fixing it would take considerable time."

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

Navu wasn’t entirely sure what she was witnessing and hearing, but it was awfully familiar. Not quite the same as what Falh did to Datrox, but similar enough. These slugs, these 'Kraata'... they seemed to act as living power batteries. She was sickened... yet curious.

@Nato the Traveler@Sparticus147@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"The termination was not authorized by a medical professional. This unit recommends that Bode be sentenced to indefinite community service, and that Ulkarr be monitored by Vahki units when within the boundaries of Tobduk-Koro. Both of which are technically already in place, so not much needs to change."

@Harvali@Onaku

• Like 3

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Skorm suppressed a shiver in his spine when Irna put her hand on his shoulder "M-maybe we can make a trailer. Between Kei and I juicing the engine, I think the interceptor will have enough power to haul something. For the sea, Tekmo, could you create a boat or raft?"

OOC: @Conway @Toru Nui

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

Vulimai...Couldn't even begin to fully describe the sensation she felt as Whisper's essence enveloped and suffused itself within herself. It was cold, so impossibly cold, but it also lit a fire in her, like a fierce poison rushing through her veins, searing her from the inside out. As these extreme sensations overtook her senses, Vulimai went to take a sharp inhale of breath...But didn't feel herself exhale.

As the last of Whisper's essence entered Vulimai's form, Vulimai's conscious mind was shunted as Whisper claimed control. This feeling, of being a passenger within your own body, it was sickening, disorientating; to see your body move but not being the one to make it move, to try to assert any sort of control but ultimately fail. It was a horrible experience. And then her control and senses flooding back all at once.

Vulimai keeled over, collapsing down onto one knee as she tried to steady herself. Her breath came in ragged  spurts as she shuddered to begin manual breathing. Coughing, Vulimai nearly began to wretch and hack in air, but she just managed to get a hold of herself. Shakily standing back up onto her own two feet, Vulimai let out one more shudder as Whisper's voice echoed in the recesses of her mind.

"Sorry...got a little excited there...Are you alright?"

"I'm...Fine." Vulimai said out loud between heavy breaths, her words directed towards Whisper's questions, but the words seemingly trying to dissuade any worry that those around her may have.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 6

IC Kathrine of the Flame:

Though blinded, Kat was far from helpless. She had other senses.

The most important of these was hearing. On stone and sand, she heard Ulkarrs footsteps approach rapidly. She had to give him credit, though, he didn't grunt or yell as he approached.

There was one other sense that Kat had at her disposal. She could feel the heat in the air, how that heat moved and changed, and most importantly, how the chill of shadow cooled it. Through the swirling eddies of heat she felt the chill of Ulkarr's hands, and she waited.

He threw a punch, and Kat pivoted, turning toward Ulkarr and using her hands to firmly redirect the blow away and past her, and then while her opponent was hopefully off balance, she threw a swift kick at where she estimated his back to be.

She had to keep him away long enough to regain her sight. She blinked furiously attempting to clear her eyes.

@Toru Nui

• Like 3

Knichou watched in horror as Whisper left her body and coalesced with Vulimai. As soon as the cloud left the massive jar, Knichou used his iron powers to grow the protosteel cage surrounding the cylindrical vat over the top of it. Unlike the grid of bars that formed a cage around the thick glass vat, this was solid protosteel with only an array of tiny holes to allow airflow.

As Vulimai fell to her knees, the Toa took a step forward, prepared to help her, but the Matoran could lift herself. He stared at the captain, searching for any signs of Vulimai in pain. Vulimai said she was fine but what if that was just what Whisper commanded the body to say? He looked to the nearby medic.

"Doc, don't let Vulimai out of your sight until further notice."

• Like 3

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi’s face turned burgundy under his mask, and looked away. “I … that should be easy to do. Not require much changes, just a more dedicated guard on Bode and Ulkarr, while he is in town. I … it’s so simple. I … I should have thought of that. I … I guess the pressure to solve everything immediately blinded me. We … we don’t need to make drastic changes, at least yet. Yes, I … I can do that. I should go and alert the village.

The Fe-Matoran paused, admittedly he was hesitant to confine Bode indefinitely. Kanohi’s anxiety kept pressing him, thinking of possibilities. Maybe Bode would one day save Tobruk-Koro, or Ulkarr would sacrifice himself to save a life. He … he was afraid to set something in stone too firmly. But, at least for now. 

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku 

IC “Collector” - The Ruins of Stone

Collector nodded, looking away, “I am sorry, I should not have doubted your intentions.” They, they must have overreacted, misunderstood the situation. It wouldn’t be the first time, Zadred still avoided them. They still weren’t entirely sure what all their mistakes had been. They suspected mentioning the destruction of the universe with pleasure had been a mistake. They had assumed a Skakdi like her would hate Zakaz, same as they hated Xia. But it had only scared her.

A freak even among freaks. They could feel it in Arkius’s stare. Still, disapproval from the mutated Toa or not, they owed their old explorers to be careful. And they could be quite stubborn. So Collector said quietly, “Still, please wait before activating the NUVA door in that ruin, assuming there is one there. Maybe consult a medic or a scientist, see if there are any health risks before you risk transforming another hero.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

"Trust me," the medic replied, "I'll be keeping a close eye on her. Them. The two of them together." Triage wasn't sure if he was disturbed or fascinated, but this was objectively the most interesting thing he'd experienced yet.

Nale, meanwhile, just watched with concern. She didn't know what to say, and just hoped the process wasn't harmful to either Vulimai or Whisper. Part of her wished she'd taken the Aspect up on her offer just to spare the Matoran captain of any of it.

"When you speak...is that Vulimai speaking, or is it Whisper? Or both?"

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Korruhn, Fort Nektann Hangar

Either this Matoran is an absolute fool, or a genius, Korruhn noted in his head upon entering the hangar with Grime. His name was a rather fitting description for the sight and sounds of the inside of the hangar; every surface seemed to have a rainbow sheen to it, and the smell of grease traveled to the heavens themselves. It gave off the appearance of being organized enough, with the ACRs each having their own rack on the hangar floor, and a central tool crib near the back with what appeared to be a mechanic's toolcart locked inside, waiting for the next day's work performing mechanical surgery on these war-beasts. What little light flooded in through the windows in the late evening shone brilliantly on a series of bright white steel drums, scattered throughout the floor, to and fro. Fuel drums. 

Korruhn looked back at the Matoran, now walking over the the grub pens, waxing philosoph about the cycle of life and the work of Barius and Boss. The Toa couldn't help but notice the distinct wavering in his voice, the fear. It brought Korruhn great pain, the quandary of Grime. Since arriving on Zakaz, Korruhn had done nothing but watch his once-great people die, his homes burn, and survivors capitulate. And now Grime, here in the desert, in servitude of these animals. Korruhn's heart wept for the Matoran. He would not stand to see another die. He would not stand to see his history erased.

"Not much foresight among this clan," Korruhn retorted to Grime. His eyes moved to the ship, sitting on the desert floor aside the hangar. He hadn't flown it himself, but he was hoping watching Stannis on the way up had taught him enough. "Not much hindsight, either. Do these people even realize the value you hold? The things you know?"

Korruhn began working his way around the hangar, pushing over fuel drums, popping lids. Fuel gushed out, slicking the floor of the hangar around the drums. He could feel Grime's uneasiness, but he needed him to be calm, if only a moment longer.

"Do you know why we keep going through these cycles of power and death, little Matoran? I'm sure you do. You know your history, as do I. These fools ignore it, they spurn it, deny it!" Rage began to boil in Korruhn's chest. He had held his pain too long. His home was gone; his life turned to ash. Nearly everyone he ever knew were now dead and gone, and even their memories began to fade from his mind. His heart cried for his friends, for Sans, for Leklo, for the fallen comrades, dead for nothing, and dishonored by time itself. "But I will not deny it anymore, Grime. You will come with me now."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 7

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

After Drukarus left him, Barius remained out in the courtyard for a time, basking in the light of a million stars; each one seeming to speak to him in a language older than speech itself. But he was snapped from his reverie by a series of crashes and bangs, sounding from somewhere nearby. Activating his telescopic x-ray vision, he scanned the fortress for the source.

It did not take long to find, and when he had, he moved swiftly towards the garage. Reaching the great garage doors, he grabbed hold of one and lifted with all his might, pushing it upward enough for him to squeeze through the gap. If that alone did not make his presence known, his shouting would: "You're lucky I'm in a good mood today," he announced, "because I'm gonna give you one opportunity to clean this mess up and get out of my fortress, before I turn you and your friends into paste." His words were punctuated by the activation of his fear Kraata, which would begin to fill the minds of those within the garage with a sense of apprehension.

OOC: @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"If it's sailing we'll be doing," Irna said, "my family used to build boats back on the Northern Continent to trade and fish. I may be able to help us construct something."

But her expression turned gloomier at Skorm's mention of Kei. This expedition would, at least partially, be for the young woman's benefit, and yet she had barely been able to stay upright the evening before. Irna cared for her deeply, of course she did, but she wondered if Keitara would be strong enough to make this journey.

"How was Kei the last time you saw her, Skorm?" she asked.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"...will not deny it anymore, Grime. You will come with me now."

Korruhn's voice echoed in the hangar, bereft as it was of other occupants. Only the mewling of the sand grubs and the sound of Parnassus' armoured steps clanging on the metal catwalk above. If the seething Aspect were to look up to the sound, he would see the elder Aspect standing at the hangar's entrance, the shadows of flickering ember-light coiling around their feet. Beside them stood the Mimic Corrivalis, both weaponless and deadly.

"And yet, Cor," Parnassus said, their voice booming to be heard by all and a single finger gesturing towards the pools of spilt oil racing to cover the hangar floor, "our guest seems ready to break at least two of those sacrosanct rules in one fell swoop. Why do you wish to slight us so, Korruhn the Will-o-Wisp?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann 

Corrivalis took one look at the scene - Korruhn spilling fuel across the floor, Grime watching on in confusion, and Barius standing ready at the door with Fear radiating from him in waves - and immediately regretted drinking so much wine earlier. 

• Like 2

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"Unfortunately, I don't," Nuju replied with a disappointed sigh. He gestured towards the six large sealed bunker doors ringing the temple in valley's hillsides. "But I imagine you'll know on your own. One door closes, another one opens. Perhaps only one with powers such as your own can open it? Destiny is obviously at work , but what sort of work I can't say. My studies are focused on the Far Shore, the Makoki, and the great Tren Krom who sees all."

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @Nato the Traveler

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ash Barrens

Ollem scanned the view inland. The palm trees, thick ferns, and long grasses of the tropical coast hid the rolling hills of the island, giving the appearance of green waves stretching Westward. To the south, the healthy trees and underbrush gave way at the horizon line to a wide bog. Mist obscured the view further, so that Ollem couldn’t tell what came after. His eyes followed a tropical bird back to his immediate view, and then towards the north where he, Kas, and Mahrika walked from to reach the Great Telescope. The Rig, or what was left of it, could just be made out in the far distance. A cold ocean wind whipped up behind him, as if to propel the matoran onwards through the tropical trees ahead.

In the brief time before Ollem and Mahrika departed, Kas mentioned the suva of fire’s general location: between two flowing rivers of lava, due west of the telescope. Once the two matoran crested the hills and reached the Ash Barrens, the rivers of lava would be easily spotted, or so Kas suggested. 

OOC: @Burnmad, @Harvali, feel free to have a little adventure traveling West, should you like, or else you can just jump straight to the rivers of lava.

IC: Grime | Fort Nektann

He observed Korruhn’s frenetic movements without offering to help pour out the oil drums. For someone who wanted a quiet place to ask Grime questions, Korruhn did plenty of talking. When he asked Grime to follow him it wasn’t a question either. For all the talk of freedom, all the concern and none of the understanding, Korruhn acted without considering Grime’s desires, interests, or needs. Grime didn’t feel free while in Korruhn’s presence. Something dark, darker than the night between stars, clung to the void-scarred warrior.

“I can’t,” Grime finally mustered, his eyes focusing on finding the origin of echoing steps in the catwalk above. “I can’t leave, not without her.” His words were a whisper, perhaps unheard by even Korruhn. 

The echoing clang of the doors being thrown open wrenched Grime’s sight from the catwalk and towards the main entrance from the fortress. Barius stood there, armor glittering, sweat dripping, hands lifting the door above his head. Grime dropped to his feet from his seat on the fence. He felt the power of Barius’s kraata wash over him, and he cowered instinctively in the warskaks presence. He didn’t notice the few steps he took backwards towards the open doorway and the desert beyond. His eyes were transfixed on Barius. He felt a squirming within him, but he willed himself to stay standing in one place. Running was death. Barius and his warskaks would rip Grime to pieces if he did.

“Run Korruhn,” Grime said softly. “I will buy you time.”

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @Burnmad, @Conway, @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

Leaving Atamai and Sorilax to continue conversing with Nuju, Sidra had made her way over to the nearest of the bunker doors. She stopped before it, reaching out to gently place her hand on its surface, while she looked around on it for any obvious symbols, instructions, or activation mechanisms. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2