Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Sidra's right here, and yes, she is," Sidra waved to Wing, "How can I help?" 

@Kal the Guardian

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Viltia watched as Wing responded to Sidra, Ah, good. This way, please. I’m told you already have experience, so I’ll be brief.” The green Matoran stood and motioned to a nearby hut that she began walking towards. The inside turned out to be full of gear, dried food supplies, medical supplies, and weapons.

Wing gave Sidra a quick rundown of things to watch out for when out on patrol, handing the former Dark Hunter a papyrus scroll that had even more things to know on it. The scroll itself was a summary of what Sorilax had taught the village. She told Sidra of plants, Rahi, and giant insects that were especially dangerous. There was even talk of finding the best routes through tree-tops if the need ever arose. Basically Wing gave Sidra a quick lesson on everything unique to the Fau Swamp.

Then she motioned to the few iron and even fewer protosteel weapons. The Kanoka there were all level one, but several of each default eight kinds. “That scroll should tell you the rest. Don’t lose it. It’s a pain to write. Crazy Phase Dragons, I miss iStones. Anyway, take whatever you think you might need.

Wing put up her hands in a gesture of cluelessness, “I’ll be honest, I didn’t used to be a guard back home, so I have no idea what your ‘scouting’ means. Whatever information you can bring us will be great. Whether its maps and charts or just verbal descriptions, anything knowledge will help at this point. We haven’t ventured too far from the village yet. Too many lost lives whenever we try for that to be viable.” Wing thought of the Matoran and Steltian that had died from a giant centipede while on patrol. It wasn’t worth it.

Viltia hung out by the door, watching the proceedings. Maybe Sidra might need to talk to her before heading out. She wasn’t sure. Better to be safe than sorry.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

After briefly skimming the scroll, Sidra tucked it away and addressed Wing, "Can you give me a quick rundown on any locations outside the village your people have to travel to for resources and supplies - how far away are they, what sort of work is done there, and so on. My first priority will be securing safe routes to those locations, then we can focus on trying to build up a proper perimeter."

@Kal the Guardian

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Oh yeah, Viltia wondered about that, too. She knew there was someplace Sorilax had shown them to cut down lumber, but she hadn’t ever gone there.

Wing pulled out a scrap of paper, a quill, and some brown ink, “So here we have Le-Metru Nuva.” Wing placed a dot down. She then drew a seemingly random squiggly line, “This is roughly the separation from marshland to swamp. It’s fairly easy to tell by sight since marshes generally don’t have trees.

She placed a dot basically right next to Le-Metru Nuva, “Here we have our forging hut and mining operation. Slow going, that work. I’m told we have to be extra careful because of some underground dweller called a ‘Mesi’.” She placed a dot further away on the line of where the swamp met marsh, “And here’s the farthest we go out to cut trees and gather lumber before dragging it back. That’s the most dangerous thing we do right now, and that’s saying something in this place.

Wing placed a north marker at the top right of the paper, “We gather berries and good mushrooms here and there, along with looking for more Colony Drones, but that’s always spur of the moment and we don’t have specific spots we go to. Oh!” She held up a finger and wagged her finger absently into the air, “I just remembered something else.

She drew another dot that was on the opposite side of the woodcutting dot, “Here’s where we gather water from a spill off that flows into the swamp from the marshes. It’s the cleanest water we can find, but we still have to boil it like crazy to make it drinkable.

Wing stood back from the desk she had been drawing this on, “We have the village and mining hut covered at all times, but we take security groups out to gather wood, food, and water.” She paused to think for a second, “I know eventually we’ll need a place to put our garbage as well. Right now we use basically everything, but as we grow in security and technology there’s no way that’ll be the case.

"Okay," a few dots and squiggles weren't much to work with, but the well-trodden paths made by those making regular treks out and dragging supplies back would help her connect the hastily-drawn map with the real terrain. "If your lumber route is the most dangerous, I'll start with that."

@Kal the Guardian

With - Sidra

Very well,” Wing said as she handed the crude map to Sidra, “I can show you our lumber route and water route, but then I need to get back on lookout. You’ll have to take the rest from there.” Wing left Sidra to pick out any supplies that might be needed.

Viltia stepped back to let Wing through the door. If Wing was going with Sidra, then she should probably check up on Torch and make sure everything was going fine with mining more protodermis ores.

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

As Sala investigated the Suva, from what he saw and could gleamed, Sala assumed as best he could with his cursory knowledge of the island's history, that what was inscribed upon the Suva was some historical record left her by the Matoran. Peering closely, thoughts and ideas quickly began streaming through the Su-Matoran's mind on what the pictographs ultimately meant.

"So, It's probably easy to assume that the dark clouds are supposed to be Aspects, and the Rahi are under their control. Or what if, those were the original vessels of the Aspects. Maybe they were originally in the form of Rahi rather than the form that Sorilax has. But why would such a change in form occur? And if that is the case, did they look like Rahi, or did they possess them?"

As Sala continued his examination, Sala's thoughts slowly began to come out in halting mutters, only faintly audible over the ambient sounds of the swamp.

"And this next image, it is obviously the Toa of the island defending the Matoran and the island itself. So far so good, pretty easy to figure that I suppose. But what is with this next image? What are those, Skakdi? They remind me of Skakdi, but that doesn't make any sense. And the Skakdi, they almost look, Turaga-like in their visage. Maybe the next panel will help...

Sala's train of thought continued to go off alongside his speaker, his mutters quickly became quiet mumbles, loud enough to potentially catch the attention of the other two residents within the chamber. And even if his mumbling didn't catch their attention, Sala's next verbal exclamation certainly would. 

"Now what is that suppose to mean?! What is this suppose to imply? That the Skakdi cursed the Toa, or is this supposed to be some kind of blessing? Why would Skakdi grant the Toa a boon if that what that is supposed to be? And if that is suppose to be a curse, where did the Skakdi get such power, is it something the Aspects of ol..."

Sala's voice went silent as he peered at the eight pointed star. The sight of it, the way it was shaped and curved, the carving of it. It was...Alluring, something about it was both real and ethereal in all regards, something that Sala recognized and knew yet still couldn't discern from the deepest pits of his knowledge. Slowly, Sala's hand went up to reach for the odd sign. Before the rather intrusive mating call of that still yet to be name bird Rahi broke through the silence and brought Sala to his senses.

"Of...Um, uh, hey Sorilax! What do you make of this?" Sala called out to his chronicling companion, hoping their second opinion would be of use.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

"Sounds good," she took a few rations, then followed Wing out of the hut, smiling at Viltia as she passed. "I'll see you later." 

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

Sorilax grabbed his own pen, ink, and scrolls as Nixie talked. He was eager to begin, but figured it best to remain focused on the Matoran that still might need his help.

“I found this hole,” Nixie gestured at the pit trap, “which is good. Because now we know where the hole is. I also found out there’s matoran lettering on the walls, but the words talk about something I don’t know. Something about change and impermanence and cycles and Kaita. You wouldn’t happen to have any ideas of what “see with eyes unclouded” would mean, would you?”

Yes, it is very fortunate for Sala and I that you did. However I do not detect any others, so you have no cause for concern. As for ‘see with eyes unclouded’, that could mean many things. The foremost thought that comes to mind is seeing as the ‘gods’ do, or being able to see and understand some or all of the hidden workings of the universe. But that is just a cursory guess. Hopefully our coming studies of this temple will reveal further details.

He went to begin his documenting. This process would take days to do properly. Oh the joy of the knowledge learned and kept. He was so glad to come here. He was about to start with the entrance frame when Sala spoke.

"Of...Um, uh, hey Sorilax! What do you make of this?"

Sorilax made his way over, ready to tell Sala the best way to begin an investigation was to start at a focused beginning and not just look at everything all at once. You could lose details if you did that. But the inscriptions Sala showed him really intrigued him and the lecture never left his thoughts to become words.

Hummm…” he pondered, “It seems to me that my ancestors rode or possessed Rahi into battle and were defeated by some unknown beings. Possibly Toa. Then Skakdi, like the ones from your world, appear, possibly above the ‘Toa’ in rank, importance, knowledge, or possibly in power. Then a Kaita from the ‘Toa’ is shown with the knowledge of the stars, or perhaps the minor universal concept that a Kaita represents. And on it’s chest, great jumping Mahi! I believe that to be a Taboo. Can you see it, Sala? Right on the Kaita’s chest.

Sorilax pulled out his scroll on Aspects, finding a blank section and carefully replicating the symbol. Documenting the rest of the room could wait. He needed to somehow make sure another Aspect couldn’t gain a hold on this Taboo.

He looked up from his drawing. The Taboo seemed to call to him, filling his mind with wordless whispers of potential power and knowledge. The knowledge he needed. The power he would keep from other Aspects.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

With - Sidra

Viltia waved goodbye. She would meet up with Sidra later, after dinner so they could continue learning about Kanoka crafting. In the meantime, she needed to go see Torch. The green and violet Toa made her way across the wooden jungle that was the ever-growing village. Thoughts of the giant foot filled her mind. She couldn’t wait for Sidra to learn more so they could find its head.

IC Kilo-M9 - Po-koro:

Usurper unit does not match current database entries. Analyzing...

Neutral color scheme. Bulkier torso design likely contains additional components. Disk launcher still attached to cranial unit. Current armaments: Ko-metru disc of unknown power level and ability, staves of presence, possible additional abilities. Voice pattern has unusual amount of condescension in tone.

Analyzing potential combat sequence. Usurper likely begins with disc launch as primary ranged damaging attack. Ko-metru disc renders blocking difficult. Dodging more efficient. Optimizing evasion pathfinding. Current elevation on vehicle provides minor cover to this unit. Also enables additional containment blast firing angles around potential obstacles. Usurper’s stance next to vehicle limits lateral dodging opportunities.

New obstacle detected. Ally Kanohi is currently standing between this unit and target. Elevated position enables firing arcs past obstacle. Target may attempt to attack or take ally Kanohi hostage. Will need to evacuate ally Kanohi from firing line when possible.

Ally Jutori is raising concerns about possible violence. Multiple allies appear confused about motives. Explanation is required. Preparing communications...

This unit is following protocols,” the machine stated to its organic allies. “Ally Kanohi, when concerns were raised with kralhi units’ ability to perform duties, the Creator, under guidance from Turaga Dume, created usurper units. All kralhi units were brought to the Coliseum to be decommissioned. Usurpers were deployed to dismantle all units by force. Kralhi units, being programmed with independent thought processes and self-preservation instincts, resisted destruction. Those that could fought and ran. Ever since usurpers have possessed kill on sight orders for all kralhi units. This kill order has never been rescinded, meaning these usurpers are an active threat to this unit and must be dealt with accordingly.”

The mechanical enforcer paused a moment before continuing. “Additional information: only known usurper hives are based in Metru Nui. Any active usurpers would need to be activated there and must have been rebuilt by the remnants of the League of Six Kingdoms. Unless these usurpers have managed to bypass any failsafe to prevent rebellion, it is likely they are under or could be brought under league control at any time. That makes them a threat to the matoran that must be dealt with accordingly.”

Once the matoran words were spoken the machine let out a series of low whirs, noises that its companions had never heard it make before. NU-8020S would recognize it as matching its own mechanical language.

Usurper word choice of ‘prototype’ is incorrect,” said Kilo-M9 to its fellow machine. “Prototype implies inferiority. This unit knows enough features were removed from usurpers during mass production for that to not be the case.”

OOC: @Tarn@Harvali@Toru Nui@Snelly

• Like 7

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Sidra – Fau Swamp

Wing showed her out of the village, and onto the path where the villagers were journeying out to collect their lumber and water. The track was well-trodden, worn down by frequent treks, and marred by drag marks from hauled timber.

Parting ways with her Matoran guide, Sidra set off along the path on her own, eyes and ears carefully sweeping her surroundings. In their guarded groups, the villagers would deter most predators, but on her own, Sidra knew she might present a more enticing target for any prowling beasts. A few times, she heard movement in the underbrush, but on each occasion, a rhotuka loosed overhead sent the creatures scurrying or scuttling off, in search of easier prey.

Eventually, she reached the spot where the path branched, one wider, more worn track leading towards the lumber location, the other narrower and less used, leading to the spill-off where the villagers were getting their water.

She activated her nektann and sent one to follow each path, before pushing on directly into denser undergrowth where the paths diverged. She wanted to get a good vantage point to observe any animals that crossed the paths, and soon found one in a sturdy, gnarled tree tangled in thorny vines. She found a solid branch and pulled herself up onto it, before reaching out for another handhold. Her hand closed around something that looked like a vine, but stuck to her palm, and vibrated as her hand closed around it.  

“Aw, karz.”

A chirping orange blur dropped from the canopy and slammed into her, flinging her back onto the forest floor. The spider's webbing stuck fast to her hand, snapping loose and pulling down a tangle of branches as she fell, hard, onto the sodden dirt. 

The fikou snapped its mandibles, scraping at the armour of her chest and shoulder in search of exposed skin to sink its fangs into. Sidra managed to shove the spider aside with her gauntleted hand, and tried to scramble away, but the weight of the webbing and foliage still ensnaring her other hand anchored her in place. The spider swiftly righted itself, and prepared to pounce again, then paused as it found itself the focus of Sidra’s hypnotic gaze.

“Back off!” She snapped, stepping towards it and waving her arms to appear more threatening, “Go away!”

It was a gamble, but a calculated one. She knew her hypnotic power worked on intelligent beings, both biomechanical and fully organic beings. Rahi had minds, so it stood to reason that hypnosis would work on them to some degree. The fikou didn’t speak her language, of course, but her intent and body language were clear enough. At the very least, being caught in the power disoriented most beings, even if they didn't hold her gaze long enough for the control to take effect. Her hand inched towards her ice sword, ready to strike if the spider made another hostile move.

The spider remained still, staring at her like a mukau caught in a spotlight. It’s compound eyes couldn’t blink, couldn’t turn away, couldn’t escape her gaze. As Sidra took a step closer, the spider took a step back, before finally turning and scurrying away back up its tree. Sidra let out a sigh of relief and released her power, not entirely sure if she’d actually succeeded in hypnotising the spider, or if the experience had just weirded it out enough to abandon the hunt.

After cutting herself free of the webbing and checking herself for injuries, Sidra chose a different tree, carefully inspecting it as much as she could from a safe distance, and clambered up the trunk, finding herself a perch halfway up that offered her a decent view of the paths.

By that point, her nektann had both reached their destinations – one pacing at the edge of the waterway, the other perched atop a tree stump near the lumber site. She ordered each one to occupy a tree in its vicinity, and left them to observe their surrounds.

The hours went by slowly, the oppressive tropical heat growing as the sun climbed higher in the sky. Sidra ignored it, dividing her time between watching the paths, taking notes, and thoroughly reading the details of the scroll Wing had given her.  

Every now and again, her iStone beeped quietly, informing her that one of her nektann had spotted something. She checked the camera feeds each time, adding whatever creature the drones had seen or heard to her the tally she was scribbling down on the back of the scroll. 

The sturdy trees near the lumber location seemed to be home to a few brakas and kewa, though a kahu had also passed through at one point, perhaps looking for an easy meal from one of the kewa nests. The ground was a different story, with the nektann picking up a small pack of kavinika, and even a young ash bear sniffing around the felled trees.

The paths before her had been relatively clear save for the occasional reptile or lizard. The larger predators had likely grown accustomed to the armed parties regularly using the route, and knew to avoid it.

Near the water source, however, the other nektann had observed an abundance of rahi, predominately taku and ghekula, which had scattered in the wake of a large bog snake that had come hunting. Beyond the creatures that lived in or near the water, other rahi had come through to drink, from a lone gukko to a pair of cable crawlers to stranger creatures she didn’t recognise.

Everything needed water. It was the lifeblood of any ecosystem, and while having a viable water source nearby was good news for the village, it also meant the villagers would be competing with any and every other creature in the region that also needed that water. 

Overhead, the sun passed its zenith and began to sink back towards the opposite horizon. Sidra sipped on her water, snacked on her rations, swatted at the pesky niazesk buzzing around her, and continued her observations.

She was in the process of relocating the lumber nektann to a higher vantage point, hoping to get a view of a group of nui-rama she’d heard flying over the canopy a few times throughout the day, when she received a notification from the drone watching over the water spill-off.

Leaving the lumber nektann to continue its climb up a larger tree, Sidra switched to the camera feed from its companion. At first glance, she saw nothing of note. No new animals had wandered into frame. But then she noticed that the flow of the water had changed, as if something was obstructing it further upstream. She instructed the nektann to adjust its angle, focusing on where the water spilled out from the main swamp into the marsh.

It looked like a murky, miniature waterfall, stagnant swamp water forming a lumpy, trickling cascade down a slope, the nest of roots and rocks in its path helping to somewhat separate and filter the fluid. Nothing stood out as particularly unusual to her. On one side, the bank was soft dirt overgrown with greenish weeds, while the other bank was a little higher, formed of streaky brown-yellow rock mottled with moss. She left the nektann to observe the new angle while she resumed her watch over the other locations.

The other nektann had made it to the top of the tree just in time to observe a pair of gorgeous nui-rama, their carapaces coloured in vibrant shades of cobalt and crimson, cruising past. They were relatively small, smaller than the fully grown specimens she’d seen in her old universe, and much smaller than she would have expected given the giant proportions some of the creatures here were said to grow to. They were probably juveniles, she guessed, scouting new hunting grounds away from the larger, established adults.

She added the pair to her tally, then switched back to her other nektann, which had sent her a notification yet again. This time, the cause was clear: the small ash bear she’d seen earlier had come in for a drink. It seemed overly cautious, sniffing the air and scratching the ground before approaching the bank.

It bent its head to drink.

Sidra stifled a yawn, rubbing her eyes.

The bear was dying by the time she looked back.

What she had taken to be a shelf of rock on the bank of the spill-off was in fact a colossal centipede, perfectly camouflaged by its natural colouration and the mossy growing across its carapace. It reminded her of the crawling transports used by the Vahki on Metru-Nui, but hewn of muscle and malice rather than metal. Its sword-like forelimbs were buried deep in the bear’s flanks, flooding the convulsing creature’s veins with venom. Several more of its forelegs were hooked into the bear’s fur, holding it tight, stifling its struggles. After only a few scant seconds, the bear wheezed one final time and fell limp, and the centipede wasted no time in dragging its unfortunate prey away to a more secluded location, moving with the swiftness of lightning as it undulated away into the undergrowth.

With the immense arthropod no longer partially blocking the spill-off, the flow returned to normal… save for the oily slick of blood and venom trickling away.

It was a sobering reminder – as if she needed one, after the encounter with the fikou – of the dangers that lurked in the swamp. She’d never been the biggest being in the room, but there were creatures here that dwarfed even the titans that had made her feel puny.

Deciding to call it quits while there was still light in the sky and life in her body, Sidra finalised her notes, recalled her nektann, and teleported back to the village.

Once returned, she tracked down Wing to make her report, walking him through the numbers and types of creatures she’d seen.

“We’ve known all along that this place is full of nasties,” he said, once she was done. “Not to diminish your efforts, but I don’t see how this is going to help us make it any less dangerous.”

“If you can spare the people and supplies, I’d suggest establishing small lookouts, or even a proper guardpost in the trees somewhere out there,” she said, “I think maintaining a constant presence will help deter the creatures that rely on ambush hunting, and the guards would be able to spot other rahi from a distance and warn workers on the ground. Over time, I think most animals will learn to avoid the area.”

“I suppose so,” he nodded, thinking it over. “I’ll have a talk with some of the others, see what they think.”

“I can head back out tomorrow to look for some good spots, if that helps?” She offered.

As wild and unruly as it was, she kind of liked it out there in the swamp. There was no city bustle, no spewing pollution or roaring machinery to mar the abundant, abhorrent nature of the place. Perhaps this was a place worth staying, if she could help make it a little safer. 

“That would help,” Wing nodded. “Thanks for this.”

Her work done for the day, Sidra set off for her bunk. Dinner was still a couple of hours away, and she wanted to get some rest before tonight's forging lesson. Her goal to create a new Great Disk had slightly slipped down in her priority list, but it hadn't been forgotten.

Whatever Nuva was, she still wanted it. 

@Kal the Guardian - feel free to timeskip us to dinner or disk-forging, unless you had something else you wanted to do first. 

• Like 3

IC: Mazor-Metru-Koro  @Tarn  @Toru Nui

Mazor could feel the gaze of Nale and Gnabol eating into his concience. That moment, when he had handed over the sphere, it had felt liberating. But now he only felt guilt. He couldn't stop thinking about the destroyed village around him. It was his fault. By giving away the sphere he had allowed the crash to happen, and as a result much of the universe was suffering.

The last Skaklet was still squirming in his arms. "I'll be right back." He said haistily. "I'm going to go calm this guy down." He turned and left the building, trying to rock the Skaklet to sleep.

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi began to rub his head, drumming his mask with his free fingers. He … he never stopped to think about what would have existed before the Vahki. Let alone what would have happened to their predecessors. 

He … how could Kilo’s people, these Kralhi, how could they have been wiped out? Kilo seemed to think, to reason, and he said he had objected to being destroyed. If … if the Kralhi resisted, then they could think. Maybe not the same way as a Matoran but, but they resisted, they didn’t want to die. And if someone can speak up, advocate for themself, people should listen. Kanohi hardly could speak in moments of intense stress, but the Matoran tolerated him. How could they just ignore someone demanding not to die? It was … it was evil.

How could Matoran …  exterminate the Kralhi like that, just because they might not have been good at their job? Kanohi, he wasn’t good at his jobs either, but they tolerated him. How could the Matoran just … wipe out a race they built? Even if the Kralhi weren’t fully people, you weren’t supposed to kill a Ussal if it wasn’t good at its job. You let her retire, live in peace. Regardless of personhood it would be horrifically cruel to kill a Rahi. Kilo seemed to be able to advocate better than Kanohi, Kilo was more clearly a person. You didn’t kill a person for not being a good worker. The Matoran wouldn’t … they couldn’t—

But they could, couldn’t they? He had visited the Great Temple of Metru-Nui, when he fled to Metru-Nui, seeking answers. They taught that the Matoran were the chosen of Mata-Nui, above all others. He thought it was … he didn’t even question it. And … and Okoto never knew of any other races, but even back home the Turaga taught that Matoran were the chosen of Mata-Nui. He should have thought, it should have been clear that the Matoran treated their own breed differently from how they treated others. 

But to exterminate a race? It sent shivers down Kanohi’s chassis. He paced about, rubbing his head, trying to think. It was … unfathomable. But he … he knew that Vahki were considered disposable, He saw them being used merely to stall the league so Matoran could escape. He … he never even questioned it. Imagine what it would be like for the predecessors they replaced.

All Kanohi could manage was to weakly mumble out, “I never … I am so sorry Kilo. I … I am so sorry.”

Collector‘s optics meanwhile narrowed, and they said, “You are correct Kilo, as quickly as Metru-Koro was built up, they could not repair or maintain Vahki. A few Nullifiers could survive on their own, but a transport full of Vahki? Only the League would have the capabilities.” They brandished their Kanoka Blade alongside Kilo, a frosty mist coming off of it. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @pokemonlover360 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ollem - On the Road with Mahrika

Ollem listened with rapt attention as Mahrika described the tribes that had once populated this land. He seemed particularly intrigued by the concept of Kaita, and he was intent upon asking more about it. However, when she said that none of it mattered, he frowned. "I think it matters," he said. "Even if it's so old that you can barely remember it-- it's still something that you were a part of. Something bigger than yourself... something wonderful." His thoughts turned back to Metru-Nui. That had certainly been something bigger than himself, but it had been anything but wonderful.

He smiled when she offered to weave something for him. "I'd be honored to wear a Mahrika original."

OOC: @Harvali

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika nodded vaguely, reaching to touch her chest where Vokarda lurked. “It was good to have other Matoran who could speak to me, to be a part of a tribe.

She paused and muttered, “I don’t think my tribe would approve of me.“ She cleared her throat and added, “I mean, hiding for millennia while the Skakdi ruled. They would want me to defy the invaders, die bravely. Like our Toa and our guards did, when the Skakdi tore them apart.

She shook her head, her people were dead. The only reason she and Vokarda were alive is because a trickster had taken mercy on them. A noble trickster, albeit one she has not been able to hear from in some time. 

Maybe they were dead too.

OOC: @Burnmad

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: NU-8020S (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport, Exterior)

"Yes, we came from Metru Nui. I did not claim otherwise. However, the Barraki saw that simply reprogramming the Vahki Hive would be far easier than reconfiguring each individual unit, and connection to the Hive can only do so much when you are as advanced as I am. We are not even in range of the Hive, this far from the city. Besides, if I was here as part of an invasion force, there would be more of us, and I would not be explaining any of this to you."

@Harvali@pokemonlover360@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Nuva Chamber)

"Oh, you mean those creepy-looking mask things? I didn't know they could give you powers. I thought they were just something you used to look scary. Haven't seen any of these 'Kanoka', though."

@Nato the Traveler@Eyru

Edited by Toru Nui

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Po-Koro

As Kanohi’s heartlight pounded he continued to try to act as a barrier between the two robots, though he was distracted now. The Matoran, he never stopped to question a lot of their beliefs. He was gullible, accepted it without question. And now he … he was uneasy. How could he not know that Metru-Nui was the extermination of a young race? How could he not know that Matoran could be so cruel? He … he knew he idolized Toa and Turaga, and that he romanticized Okoto, but this?

Collector was less shaken. They turned to the rest of the Odd Company, saying, “They are not wrong, a single transport does not make sense as an invasion force, unless the city is so damaged that the League has almost no ability to make Vahki. It’s possible the Barraki might think it possible to wipe out Po-Koro with just these forces, but even so.

They turned back to the Vahki, “You say you are not under the command of the Hive. Then what is your current directive? Why have you come here? Have you defaulted back to your older programming of enforcing order among the Matoran?

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @pokemonlover360

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

Nale lowered her head and sighed as Mazor left. "So, there's an artifact that can affect reality, that may be connected to everything that's happened...and we don't know where it is." The Krom Sphere seemed like the answer to a question, just barely out of reach. The answer to everything her and the other survivors had gone through. But Mazor wasn't willing to speak of it, clearly, and she was going to respect that.

The Fa-Toa turned to Gnabol, deciding to change the subject for the moment. "How long have you two been travelling together?"

@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Jutori - Po-Koro

Jutori rubbed the side of his head with his free hand, a headache beginning to make its presence known as he observed the events unravel before him.

So, the Vahki had massacred the Kralhi, with Kilo being a survivor. The Toa of Gravity had always assumed the older models had just been phased out, not outright destroyed by their successors, which was a far more harrowing concept. Jutori immediately understood why his friend was acting this way, and that yes, Kilo could indeed harbor grudges.

And this particular Vahki seemed to be able to carry quite the conversation, and even seemed aware of how advanced she was. Getting a better look, Jutori recognized NU-8020S as one of the models that had been rolled out during the war, Squad Mothers, which he always thought was a misnomer because he found them to be far from motherly. Along with the revelation of the kill order, the idea her kind had been reprogrammed by the League for their own purposes wasn't helping the Vahki's case, but he believed her words that the lone transport wasn't an invasion. He'd seen what a League invasion looked like. Unless they'd gotten desperate, this was not it.

This robot fight is getting complicated.

@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator, Sorilax | Air Suva

Sorilax couldn’t look away. The symbol, like a melody hummed for hours without thought, couldn’t be ignored. Without his knowledge or choice his hand reached out, slowly and shaking, to touch the carved taboo…

Goodbye

Tortured is the heart that lies empty

Full is the belly of the beast

A shell protects the broken yolk

Sleep is better than peace

Hello

In his mind Sorilax saw the flashing of memories of armored warriors piloted by kraata. He saw the intricate details of these dogs of war, and felt their name come unbidden from him into the jungle air: “rahkshi.” 

The word itself felt like a burning of the land, and the surrounding rahi seemed to silence at the very mention of such a vile creation. But Sorilax, for all that he wished he couldn’t, now knew one thing perfectly: how to create rahkshi of his own.

The taboo symbol burned itself into the palm of his armor, etching the knowledge permanently as it faded from its previous home in the artwork on the side of the suva.

Nixie shuffled uncomfortably in place. She couldn't help but notice how adamantly attentive to detail her new two companions were. Granted, they were so attentive she was starting to feel a bit... concerned? Worried? Jealous?

"So, what's a ... what you said? Sounds ominous. Or is food?"

OOC: @Sparticus147 and @Kal the GuardianKeep your eyes peeled for a PM, Kal.

IC: Axxon | Destroyed Fortress

When Axxon resurfaced, he did so as a screaming, howling man unable to admit defeat. Something clung to his back inside him, like a caged and unwanted child. Axxon’s hands, large before in their gauntlets, now became the defining visible feature of his defilement. Silvered bands of liquid protodermis slowly cooled and burned themselves into his frame. His body absorbed the blood of a dead god, drinking readily of the curses. It fed him, and tainted his soul. He strode from the water, nearly double Atamai’s height. The untethered who existed beneath the waves in their undeath slowly flaked off him as they left the cursed waters. His kanohi rode would forever hide a dark secret: while he could no longer remove his mask as it burned into his body, his new third eye would never look upon the sun. Instead, it forever gazed into the darkness behind the mask of truth.

The surf broke against his ankles, and his halberd high in one tortured grip he screamed into the night his pain and rage. Those nearby could only hope he might turn a run, sparing them the sacrilegious damnation they deserved for witnessing such a sight.

“Give. Me. The. Disks,” Axxon howled. Pain blinded his actions, and he charged bullheaded towards where he thought Atamai might have landed...

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @EmperorWhenua, @The Captain, @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

Happy chat.

“Rahkshi.”

From those words alone, Sala felt truly uncomfortable within his own frame. This feeling wasn't helped by the Kraata upon his neck seemingly having a spasming reaction to this word, like that of a Hapaka being asked, who's a good boy. Taking a moment to settle the worm down, Sala stared back at Sorilax and took note of the odd, distant look upon the Aspect's face, the taboo mark now upon his hand.

Reaching up towards his companion and placing the hand of Dawnguard upon Sorilax's shoulder, Sala softly spoke to his friend and mentor, hoping to break him from his stupor. "Hey, uh Sorilax. Are you alright? I don't think I've seen you like this ever, not even when you spent nearly an entire day studying a new species of moss you found near Le-Metru Nuva..."

"So, what's a..What you said? Sounds ominous. Or is it food?"

Being reminded of the other member of the company, Sala looked back towards Nixie before returning his gaze towards Sorilax, worry lining his gaze. Although Sala was deeply concerned with his friend and ever so slightly disturbed by all this taboo business, the chronicler's natural curiosity slowly took over.

"So..Um..Uh...Yeah, what was that you mentioned, concerning Kaita? And what are these Rahkshi you just mentioned? Is it related to the Aspects and the Taboos? Does it relate to these murals?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru Nui Moat

The Toa of iron waited on the inflated platform for Tekmo and Vulimai to join him. Unfortunately, his hopes for enough time to think up an elegant solution for the group to escape the present situation were dashed when he noticed the massive raft beginning to sink as it was slowly corroded by the toxic ocean. This was not helped by the massive boom of the Wombat's wreckage exploding in what appeared to be a catastrophic overcharge of the plasma cannon aboard. Knichou had to act quick, and so while Tekmo and Vulimai sprinted across the massive construct, Knichou closed his eyes and thought of the safest way to get his allies out of here.

Knichou had seen Toa canisters before - many were manufactured on Artakha, and Knichou had even bought one from craftsman on the island. Knichou had disassembled and reassembled the canister in order to study the vehicle's life support system and to attempt to make it completely safe for Matoran to use. When he bought the Taku to escape the oncoming League fleet, Knichou set aside a room to house this Toa canister as a sort of escape pod, which eventually Stannis used to infiltrate the Coliseum undetected.

Calling upon this knowledge, Knichou focused intensely on bringing the object into being. Reality warped in front of Knichou and a canister materialized from thin air. The Toa opened his eyes, and sighed in a mixture of relief and pain.

Knichou felt tired. Too tired. Way too tired to try to fly all the way back to shore. He knew a single Toa canister would not be enough to fit everyone. Pushing his mind to the absolute limit, Knichou used his kanohi once again to conjure a second Toa canister. He was driven with an unreasonable determination, that once his work was done, he could finally rest, no matter what happened.

As Tekmo and Vulimai finally reached Knichou, they saw the exhausted Nynran's knees buckle as he collapsed to the surface of the inflated coffin, completely unresponsive. In front of him were two Toa canisters.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: NU-8020S (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport, Exterior)

"I am here because we share a common enemy in the League. I come to you not out of programmed obligation, but of my own free will. Sadly, I cannot say the same for my squad however, being less advanced, they follow me because they believe they have to, not because they choose to."

@Harvali@Tarn@pokemonlover360@Snelly

IC: Tekmo (The Moat, Keitara Island)

"This is a very interesting situation. Right, I take one you take the other with the Captain? I'd take him myself, but, you know..."

Tekmo tries to load Knichou into one of the Toa Canisters.

@Sparticus147@BULiK

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

"A few days, give or take. We found each other when we were both following the floating orb water I mentioned earlier. We found these scamps along the way, along with this." Gnabol handed Nale the map of Zakaz they found. "The hitchhiker's guide to the wasteland."

@Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

Just like when hearing the gong, memories resurfaced that Sorilax doubted could be forgotten naturally. The Skakdi in the drawing were clearly Rahkshi to him now. They certainly were; there was no doubt in his mind. He remembered seeing Rahkshi march. He remembered seeing them fight and destroy. He studied them, though he hadn’t been able to create his own. They were savage, violent creatures the older Aspects had unleashed. Older Aspects who… well, he couldn’t remember their names, faces, or even what they had done, but that didn’t surprise him at this point.

Instead his mind was filled with knowledge. It was filled with both the poem required to control and shape otherworldly power and with the knowledge of what Rahkshi were and how to create them. And with that knowledge came further understanding. With the Taboo now in his mind, he realized the final puzzle piece to figuring out how to use Rahi. The problem lay in the desecration poem.

A star’s heart still beating, still lit.

That referred to sentient life, the soul and spirit and its the connection to the universe. Rahi were of the earth, not born of the stars. Rahi without soul and spirit thus had to be referred to differently. A potential alternative could be:

A heart of earth still beating, still lit.

No, not just a potential alteration, the alteration. Sorilax felt his Kraata power expand to grow another stage up. He felt the connection in his head to his desecrated develop to something more, though he couldn’t tell what yet. He felt his connection to the force behind Taboos grow like an underwater cave devoid of light collapsing to allow the crushing depths of the sea in. He had completed his second step with just the knowledge in his head.

The sudden non-stop growth in power took him aback and he was left momentarily bewildered. He hadn’t even meant to touch the symbol. And he certainly didn’t like that he had done so unwillingly. What else might his nature as an Aspect compel him to do beyond his control? He needed to change his nature from dark to light somehow. Perhaps… he might actually know a place where he could begin his search. It had called to him when he had found and studied its outside structures. He had wanted to step inside, but at the time he had kept focused on his current course of finding all the temples on Zakaz and cataloging them before going inside any of them.

It called to him even now, he realized, like a mental beacon floating in the sea of his mind. It offered a light to see in the darkness, a path forward to be able to avoid the devastating shadowy rocks just below the surface.

He had a destination after Sala and he were done here. He knew where he must go.

Thinking of Sala, he realized his friend was talking to him. How long had he been lost in thought?

-at you mentioned, concerning Kaita? And what are these Rahkshi you just mentioned? Is it related to the Aspects and the Taboos? Does it relate to these murals?"

Sorilax lowered his palm, which now bore the mark of an eight pointed star. It signified the dark knowledge he had just learned. He hadn’t even realized he had been staring at it on his palm. “These murals depict Aspects trying to destroy and wreak havoc upon your kind and their ultimate defeat. The spined beings are Rahkshi, not Skakdi. This is a catalog of Toa using a Kaita to defeat the evil that are Rahkshi.

He glanced at Nixie and then looked at Sala, “I apologize for not being able to recall things like this sooner. It seems something is blocking my memories of the time before Skakdi on this island. Like hearing the gong earlier, this Taboo has opened my mind to things I didn’t realize I had witnessed or studied.

Normal beings would at this point allow the other being in the conversation a chance to respond or comment in some way. Sorilax was no normal being. His tone changed from being humbled and slightly sad to becoming his teaching voice.

You see, Rahkshi are beings of anger and malice, barely heeding orders and bent on destruction. They are created by an Aspect breathing his essence into any living creature, not just one of the stars; Rahi will do as well. This process does not have to be willing on the part of the living creature. You then place the living creature within Energized Protodermis.

Sorilax gestured with his hands dipping something into liquid while shadow hands held his scrolls, ink, and pen. “Energized Protodermis is a little studied liquid that has the ability to transform anything into its destined form. If the object or being has no destined form, that object or being is erased completely. Energized Protodermis can become tainted, as there are two outcomes to dipping the living creature into Energized Protodermis in the Rahkshi creation process.

If the Energized Protodermis is pure, the Aspect may choose which power the Rahkshi will be. If the Energized Protodermis is tainted in any way, the Rahkshi produced will be a random power out of the forty two possible Kraata powers.

This Rahkshi loses all memories from its past and becomes a non-living suit of armor for a Kraata without a host. The creator Aspect may possess this suit themselves, or puppet it, regardless of distance, at any time. While within the armor, the Aspect is able to use the Kraata power it contains.

At my current progression with my Grand Wish, I believe I could make two Rahkshi before not being able to create any more. Speaking of that, Sala! I figured out how to use Rahi Heartlights for Desecrations. I feel with certainty that I have completed my next step to my Grand Wish. I know it will work now. I can’t begin to describe the joy that fills me from such news!

Sorilax grew more serious, “But not all is well. I did not mean to touch the Taboo. My body moved of its own accord. This absolutely can’t be allowed to happen again. I must figure out a way to break free of the shadow that haunts my soul. And I think I know where I might be able to accomplish this. It’s at a location at the center of Zakaz. There’s a temple there unlike any of the others on this island. Even now I can feel it’s light calling out to me, almost like the lesser spirit a Kaita represents reaching down from the stars to fill the minds of the three become one.

Oh yes,” Sorilax’s voice went back to teaching mode, “Kaita are the fusion of three beings becoming one. The beings must be the same species and differing elements. They fuse through mental cohesion and a focus on a common trait. As long as the mental focus remains, the fusion so too remains. If one of the three becomes out of tune with the rest, the fusion is disrupted and they become three once more.

While a Kaita, whatever the beings decided to embody alights upon their minds. They become a lesser spirit of one facet of a cultural ethos.” Sorilax pointed to the last engraving, “Minds graced with of the knowledge of the stars, if you will.

Now I am not sure quite how I know this about Kaita, though that does not cause me to be surprised. I am fairly certain the fusion of Kaita increases power in some regard, but I know not how much.

Sorilax pat Sala’s shoulder, “Now let me write down this Taboo in all its detail, then we can begin documenting the room. It should only take a couple days with you here to help.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator Sorilax has finished Step 2 of his Grand Wish. Only 5 more steps to go in 15 days. B-)

With - Sidra

Viltia found Torch below the earth in the glow of a lightstone lamp. He was huddled over a schematic of the current mines and discussing with several other Matoran how best to further dig. He noticed the glow from Viltia’s approaching lightstone and smiled, handing the map to a Matoran and walking over to her, “Greetings, sister. What brings you down here?”

Viltia shrugged.

Torch looked at her skeptically, “Yeah, uh ha. I know why you’re here. Yes, we’ve gathered enough materials to make a better forge to be able to make protosteel. And yes, we have enough protodermis ore to make better tools to then make better filters and molds. All we have to do is build the upgraded forge. It should only take a few days.

Viltia smiled, overjoyed at the news. She was glad Beruv would have better tools, but mostly she was glad for Sidra and herself. They were close to getting one more step towards helping Sidra make that Great Disc thing she had talked about last night. What really mattered now was the experience Beruv said they both needed.

Torch looked around with the glow of the lightstone, hand resting on the tunnel wall, “Although tunneling has started to slow. Roots go deep, and larger and more pure ores are even deeper. But the more we dig, the larger chance we have of running across Mesi. Sorilax made it clear we don’t want to do that.

Viltia tilted her head, “Can I do anything to help?

Torch smiled grimly, “Figure out how to make a Kanohi of X-ray vision as soon as possible. That would help us tunnel way more effectively and safely.

Viltia squinted her optics in mock suspicion, “Wouldn’t that require you to build the upgraded forge and protosteel tools?

Torch smiled for real this time and held up his hands in mock surrender, “You got me there. Let me finish up here and I’ll get to work on that forge. Like I said, it still may take a couple days.

Viltia nodded, “Stay safe, brother.” They touched fists and Viltia made her way back to the surface. She spent the rest of the day guarding the village and practicing her aim with her crossbow, which she was getting fairly decent at. Wing had once told her true aim came when one practiced while moving, but Viltia wasn’t ready for that yet.

Dinner was a hasty ordeal due to Viltia’s anticipation for what was to come afterwards. Only Sidra still eating kept her restrained and in her seat fidgeting. When Sidra finished, the two went back down to the swamp floor and over to the forging hut in the waning light of evening. Beruv welcomed them both as they entered and asked, “Any questions before we begin?

Viltia was ever so slightly hopping in joyful impatience to begin.

OOC: mobile

"I don't think so." Viltia's excitement had been palpable all through dinner, and though her mood had seemed more subdued, Sidra was equally eager to begin. "Let's get started." 

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Korruhn, Protodermis lake

Falling.

It felt endless, the falling. The searing pain of acid breaching the chinks in his armor. The crawling of flesh as protodermis invaded through membranes, transmogrifying and defiling his physical being of its own volition. Korruhn could not bear, and all subsided as he lost consciousness.

---

Waves crashed, undulating against the crumpled form of the Toa in the pitch-black sand of the beach. His body swayed gently with the lapping of the sea upon the shore. The rocking woke the being from his deep slumber, and the Toa exhaled, violently upturning lungfuls of toxic protodermis onto the sand below his face.

The breeze that whipped in from the godhead toward the shore was cold and moist, thick water droplets, slicked with oil, clung to every surface around. With it, it carried a distinct miasma, not unlike the air left behind after a catastrophic event. The smell was nauseating, which both disgusted Korruhn and assisted in waking him.

He stood slowly, his limbs aching from whatever had assailed him in the lake. As he opened his eyes, he began to take in his surroundings. The beach looked as it did moments before his fall, scarred and marred where combat and speeders had staked their claim. The fortress--or what remained of it-- dangled precariously over the lake now, heavily damaged from the battle. Wind whipped through it, producing a horrendous wailing sound, not unlike that of tortured souls. The sand was... black. The sky was grey. Aside from bits of green moss dotting the landscape of black hexagonal stone columns, and the very peculiar sight of a rainbow in the distance, lacking a blue vein the world through Korruhn's eyes had turned a dismal greyscale.

It was then that he noticed the silence. Aside from the howling wind, Korruhn could hear not a sound. Where had his friends gone? Where was Axonn? And why had they left him here, on the shores of the lake of death?

Korruhn began to step away from the shore, toward the shelter of the husk of the ancient fortress until he could come up with some sort of plan. The silence did nothing but serve to amplify the cross-chatter in his brain, and he needed to resolve that before he could get in the mindset to move forward.

Korruhn had taken about a dozen steps forward when a single black handprint, large and seemingly made of the same tar he'd summoned before, appeared in the sand in front of him. A second appeared, closer to him than the last. And a third.

The Toa stepped back, and began to reach for his blade. And that's when it all went to Karz.

He turned to run as the handprints picked up their pace. He could hear a disembodied growling now, like a beast baying at it's prey. He ran with all his might, ducking to and fro to lose the handprints, but it seemed to know his every move. As he looked back, Korruhn's left foot collided with a stone, and he crashed into the ground. As he rolled onto his back, and looked upon the scene, Korruhn couldn't believe his eyes.

Matoran, Toa Turaga. All silhouettes of black tar, all walking in the same, zombie-like state across the shore and into the lake. Before he could react, the creature bayed again and closed in. A dozen black tar silhouettes appeared to rise from the ground around him, and they grabbed at him, their clawed hands gripping him feverishly and pinning him on the ground. Korruhn thrashed and threw himself around violently, but the aggressors pulled him with unyielding power, dragging him to unknown...

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC, Atamai: Fort

It all happened so fast.

First the big shadow monster appeared (what was that all about?) and smashed the wall of the fort, Atamai was thrown back, then Axonn and then Korruhn went into the waters of the lake. Before Atamai could even consider the possibility of lifting the two out using his elemental power, Axonn emerged almost as soon as he entered. 

Okay, the short guy is big now, Atamai thought.

The enlarged warrior charged at Atamai. Atamai gripped Dume's hammer tightly, and tried to remember the Archives entry for the weapon.

Okay... I think they're called Power Hammers or Kanoka Hammers... if thrown, they can return to the thrower, they're imbued with an elemental power, and they can grant any object a random level 3 Kanoka power. Difficult and time-consuming to craft, hence why we only ever had one in the Archives...

Atamai willed power into the hammer in order to see what elemental power it was imbued with. To his mild surprise, the head of the hammer burst into flames. Fire, interesting. He let out a battle cry, and flung the flaming hammer at Axonn, using his elemental power to carry it farther than normal.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Whira: Ruins of Fire

Whira studied the Skakdi before her, and then nodded. "Very well, I will grant your request," she said. "Follow me outside so we can discuss this in more detail." She then exited the temple and waited for Cravious to follow her.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by ~Xemnas~

With - Sidra

Alright then,” Beruv responded. She motioned to the half of the room absolutely littered with building supplies and the groundwork for a better forge, “Once the new forge is made, Torch and Match will be hard at work making better tools for us. So we need to get the basics drilled into you two before then. Let’s start off by seeing how much you remember from yesterday…

The time flew for Viltia as Beruv taught the two apprentices. To Viltia, all the requirements of knowing the purity of ore by sight, knowing the heat based on color, and getting a feel for whether or not to reforge all seemed familiar to her. It was just like growing plants. You had to know when to water, when the plant might be waterlogged, when was the time to harvest, or even knowing where to prune to ensure the best possible growth. The similarities made it much easier for Viltia to get used to the new craft than she had originally thought.

In fact she was encouraged by how well she remembered the lesson from the day before. She hardly messed up at all. Okay quite a few times but not as many as the day before. She still didn’t know everything instinctively, which Beruv said was needed to move quickly enough to forge the higher level discs, but it was a promising start in her mind.

Beruv went over much of the same as the night before, except this time she tried to correct, not outright teach. After the initial correcting, she had them make several discs with the intentions to ingrain the movements into their minds. It was more about repetition than knowledge. She stepped in where needed, which was actually a lot with these rookies. One night of lessons could not craft a master disc-maker. But she was still impressed with their progress and told them as much. She had been apprenticed with two others in her past and all three of them had taken longer to learn than Viltia and Sidra were.

By the end, Viltia was a little frustrated that they hadn’t learned much more compared to the previous night, but due to everything else she was learning, she greatly appreciated the need for repetition to ingrain actions into your mind and body. You needed to be able to react without thought, not just act after you decided to.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira

Cravious watched as Whira left, then looked at every other being in the room. He stood tall, his gaunt face clearly sizing up each and every one of them. He said nothing as he studied them openly. Then he turned, the parts and tools of his duffel bag clanging as he strode swiftly outside the structure.

Noting the Aspect’s location once he was outside, Cravious joined her. He then crossed his arms as if to say ‘I’m waiting’.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nowhere

Korruhn's perspective shifted as something pushed him into the sand, the same unseen entity whose handprints he desperately avoided, and pulled back his head until his eyes faced the lake. He couldn't escape no matter how hard he struggled. In the periphery he saw the long lines of shambling dead, lost to wander throughout causality.
A matoran in white armor filled his view, walking across the water of the lake. Small ripples echoed out over the waves with each footstep. At last the matoran reached him, bending down until they were face to face. Something wriggled behind the matoran's mask, and Korruhn couldn't be sure it was a face. For a moment he saw the matoran covered in wounds, his head battered in. Just as quickly, the wounds vanished. 
The matoran reached out and placed a hand on Korruhn's jaw, feeling the edge of the mask with a sad expression. Korruhn's right arm began to twist and shake, spasms filling him with a sharp pain as the arm tried to move on its own without success. Finally, the matoran spoke. His words sounded like an echo carried from far away on a cold winter wind;
"Welcome to the Far Shore, my darkened star. I'm glad to see you brought our mutual friend with you."

Ooc: @Crimson Jester 

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, Nowhere

Struggling was no use. Korruhn could never summon the might to escape whatever this was, not to mention he was in the worst physical condition he can ever recall, currently. Instead, he chose to try to figure out who this Matoran was, and what he was doing here.

"What do you mean, mutual friend?" Korruhn strained to speak in his current position. "Who are you?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

On 8/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, Crimson Jester said:

On the precipice, Korruhn's consciousness was rapidly fading; the attack had sapped every last joule of energy he had, and then some. His eyelids grew to the weight of portcullis', his muscles and servos became non-responsive, and the world around him began to spin in his optical receptors. The Toa tried desperately to fight through it, but he had no strength left to muster.

The last thing his compatriots saw was the limp body of Korruhn drop to it's knees, and then fall forward, off the island and into the Protodermis Sea...

IC Leklo | Piraka Fort Ruins

His breathing came in sharp inhales and controlled exhales; the brief—unbeknownst to him—lull afforded by Axonn’s sudden plunge into the waters of the unnatural moat was an unexpected and sudden change for which Leklo’s heartlight struggled to settle down for. His mind still raced for explanations and threats and his blood pumped vigorously in the wake of his great exertion, and his body heaved with the effort of becalming himself. He stood there, shaking lightly in the nighttime air, and stared in the direction of the waters where the man with the big hands had fallen in and observed for any telltale signs of life. His mind still wanted to fight, to defend, and feel the thrill of danger.

It couldn’t have been that easy, could it? It shouldn’t have been. No single scratch and scare would have been sufficient to end this scenario, he though, and in his heart he demanded more from Atamai’s assailant. Unable to divert his attention from his fraught expectations quickly he simply stood thus. He wanted to check in with his friends and to actually greet Atamai as an ally but he remained transfixed by the slight froth of bubbles on the surface of the inky water that possessed mysterious qualities they as surveyours had simply noted with question marks on their reports. Leklo half expected Axonn to emerge like a leopard springing out from a secret perch in a blizzard, and hoped that to be the case despite himself, bound by a morbid curiosity. So intently frozen was he in the moment that he failed to realize Korruhn’s flagging body so close to the edge of the ruin until it was too late. The movement in the corner of his eyes snapped his attention back to the world around him. He wanted it to be a combatant charging for him; he was unprepared for it to be his best friend falling away.

“KORRUHN!” he yelped in surprise as the dark toa slumped and fell like a tipped domino towards the gently lapping waves.

Leklo wanted to reach out with his powers

what were the odds?

what if he caught on a rock?

what if the waters had no secrets?

—but there was no response. Leklo and his wish was powerless as his best friend and strongest ally seemed to slip away from him to an unknown fate. His legs suddenly strung into motion and he raced to the ledge, reaching out with an open hand to claw him back to the ruin, to where he would be safe and could recover from his ordeal, but his hand swept through only air. Korruhn slipped into the same darkness as Axonn.

Leklo found himself frozen again, only the fascination he held before had been joined with an incredible sense of fear.

What are the chances?

—What are the odds?

—What if?

What if something terrible had just happened and Leklo had done nothing to prevent it? What then?

He wished someone could tell him it would be okay, that this terrible world called Zakaz was just a nightmare and that they could go home and be normal again. He would give anything for things to be okay. Dume had given him a toa’s body and abilities, but at what cost? Nothing was worth the terror of this world, and Leklo never wanted such might regardless, might which had proven worthless to him and everything he ever cared about.

It was then that something did come from the waters. First it was a swarm of sprites, emerging like flies from a carcass, all scrambled and garbled ghosts of conquests past, and then a frothing like maggots as the water bubbled and churned in the releasing of Axonn from its cursed waters. Out strode a hideous monstosity that only passingly held any resemblance to the warrior who fell in a moment earlier. This was the answer to Leklo’s litany—he regretted it immediately. He did not want this fight to continue, he wanted his friend back.

Korruhn was nowhere to be seen and his water did not turn or provide any hope. Leklo threw back a glance at Atamai before pulling his swords back into their grips, his heart aching for relief of any sort, for security and purpose, he wanted his friend back, but he would make do with the thrill of vengeance juuuuuuust fine. He summoned the blaze of plasma in his blades to neon brilliance before he dauntlessly charged to intercept the hulking monster, intent on slicing it to oblivion with a mercilessness that belied his true morality. 

@The Captain @Unreliable Narrator @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

By night's end, Sidra's arms were tired, her face strained, her fingertips blistered, and her impatience mounting. She'd made progress, crept closer to accomplishing her goal, but she didn't feel nearly close enough to where she wanted - where she needed - to be. 

Her rational mind understood the value of repeating technique, and ensuring mastery of the basics before moving on. She'd had to endure her fair share of harsh training as a Dark Hunter. Compared to them, Beruv was a tolerant teacher, correcting her mistakes without criticism, improving her without punishment or pain. If Sidra had ample time ahead of her, and a genuine interest in mastering Kanoka crafting as a long-term career, she would have been perfectly satisfied with the way things were paced. 

But a panicked, impertinent haste was burning within her. What if someone else beat her to recreating the Ice Disk? What if the Toa decided to block or bury the temple, to stop her from getting back to it? The longer she took, the greater the likelihood of her being robbed of this opportunity. 

She kept those thoughts to herself, though. She didn't want to ruin the mood for Viltia. Sidra only needed this to work once, but she did need it to work. Worried though she was, she knew there was no sense rushing the lessons and running the risk of ruining her only resource for forging the Great Disk. She just had to be patient, and hopeful. 

When the lesson was done, Sidra compared this night's work with her effort from the previous lesson. Even to her relatively untrained eye, the differences were clear - the consistency of the metal, the curvature of the Kanoka, the warmth of untapped power waiting within it - all improved on the previous evening's work. But it still wasn't perfect. She could see the scratches and inconsistencies, feel the uneven edges and minuscule divots in the surface. 

Still, it was progress, and for tonight, that was enough to satisfy Sidra. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

With - Sidra

Viltia bid Sidra and Beruv goodnight and barely made it all the way to flop onto her bed in a heap. Her arms, which had already been sore from practicing with her crossbow all day, were now barely functioning. Only her enthusiasm to keep learning had kept her from noticing how tired she actually was.

Frogs, crickets, and the hum from the occasional Electric Bug quickly soothed her to sleep. Even if there had been a crisis, she probably wouldn’t have woken up. She slept deeply, the only dream she had being the one when she was slowly waking up. It was of her and Beruv back in their old village. They were forging protodermis seeds for Viltia to grow in her greenhouse. It was an odd mix of past and present.

Viltia awoke to a body still slightly sore from the day before. She had taken for granted how fast her muscles had adapted to any type of work as a Matoran. Right now she was really feeling the pain that was associated with muscle growth for everyone else. Although today she would get to rest, relatively. She was scheduled to keep watch near the mines and she planned to practice with her mask today as well. Though she sure hoped the Kanoka forging tonight would be more than just the same as last night.

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai (The Protodermis Moat)

As Vulimai reached Knichou, she silently let out a silent curse at the sight of the collapsed Toa. "Karz, at least we have these to get out of here. Here, let me help."

Making her way into the canister first, Vulimai helped Tekmo get Knichou into the chamber by pulling her down into it. Looking back up towards the green Toa within the tight chamber she was now stuck in, Vulimai called up, "You know how these things work? Or are we just praying that they are tough enough to get us to shore at least?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @BULiK

As Sala stared intently towards his friend, Sorilax finally broke out of his odd stupor and began to speak Sala, with Sala quickly realizing this was going to be another enlightening lecture. Pulling out some of the ink and paper that Sala has, he readied himself to write down all that Sorilax was too say...Except, something was caught within Sala's throat as a deep sensation made its way throughout his core.

Going out from the nape of his neck and down his spine and surging through his entire form, Sala felt a strength worm its way through him. The strength, the feeling, it was cold and heavy, but it seemed to fill Sala's being, filling up whatever empty space was left inside of his heart from the past few days. It took Sala several seconds of concentration before he could determine the source of this endowment. "The Kraata, it was from the Kraata. What did the Kraat- No, something else. Something else had unlocked this strength. It's..It's almost like a valve has been opened. And whatever was being withheld.. It is coming forth in a great shadowy plume."

Looking back up towards Sorilax, who was nearing his lecture, Sala tried his best to understand what had been spoken to him. "Wait, wait, wait hold on. I uh, um.. I think I zoned out for a bit, something uh, odd just happened I think. So wait a minute, these Rahkshi, that what this is, that what is on the Suva carvings? If Aspects were able to make these, then why aren't they able to now and what happened to them all? And Kaita, what are these Kaita exactly and how did they come about, that doesn't just seem like something that just happens. And uh, um, WAIT! You mentioned being able to make desecrations with rahi heartlights now, how are you so sure and what does this mean now? I mean, if you're able to do this now and you've made it to your second step, why do we need to study this place now? And um, uh...Oh.

Looking up and over, having stopped in his tracks as Sala had been pacing and wildly gesticulating, Sala took in and recognized and realized that the two chroniclers weren't alone. And the confused and potentially frightened face of the Ga-Matoran certainly left Sala unsure of how best to continue.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

IC: Tekmo (The Moat, Keitara Island, Toa Canister)

"Praying has never worked for me before. I admit to being unfamiliar with such devices, but I’m certain that these were built with user-friendliness in mind. Besides, now is the perfect time to learn. I will see you on the other side, make no mistake."

Tekmo wiggles himself into the Canister, closes it shut, and examines the interior.

@Sparticus147@BULiK

She slept restlessly, haunted by dreams of roving rahi. Her work with the Dark Hunters had mostly been conducted in urban areas; she had rarely encountered rahi beyond the occasional exotic pet or guardbeast. But having spent a day immersed in nature, watching and recording their activities, the treetop village didn't feel as safe any more. The thought of something monstrous crawling up the tree trunks to attack her in her sleep kept her tossing and turning long into the early hours, despite her rational mind's assurances that the rahi had far easier prey available. 

She woke up tired, but exhilarated for the day ahead. She needed tasks to focus on, goals to accomplish, to keep her mind from wandering to dangerous places. She had scouting to do, disks to forge, and fears not to dwell on. Still, as she stepped out of her hut and started working her way down towards the forest floor, she was a little more wary and watchful of her surroundings than she had been the day before. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai (The Protodermis Lake)

As Knichou's unconscious form was fitted inside of the canister and Tekmo left to board his own, Vulimai was left to close the hatch of the canister she was now forced to share. Using all of strength, Vo-Matoran captain used all her strength in closing the pod, taking extra precautions in ensuring that the pod was closed completely. 

"I certainly don't want to see what happens when you take a dip into the fluids of a god. No, you don't want to either, good we're agreed then." Vulimai said to the unconscious form of Knichou as she began to situate herself within the cramped space. Back when she jumped with Knichou and later Tekmo, Vulimai didn't care much about the constant feeling of static shock she felt whenever she touches someone, but at that moment, the shocking sensation that Vulimai felt was excruciatingly irritating at the current moment.

Back when they had jumped, the sensation of the whipping wind as it flew past them helped mask the sudden electrical feeling she felt from the physical contact that she always felt when touching another, but within the cramped confines of the Toa Canister, Vulimai could do nothing to stop herself from rubbing against the Toa, each point of contact leaving her with the shame unsettling feeling that jolted her muscle fibers and surged through her nerves.

At the moment, Vulimai was not having fun. At least Vulimai could hope that constantly being shocked would wake the Toa from their unconscious state sooner rather than later.

Speaking of the Toa, as Vulimai shifted within the canister and looked about within the confines of it. Vulimai could not help but catch the glint of gold upon Knichou's face. Although the only lighting within the canister was the feint illumination given off by some of the monitors that lined the walls, Vulimai could still make out upon the Kanohi the intricate craftsmanship and elegant curvature that denoted the quality of the mask. Staring at the mask, thoughts began to race through the guard captain's mind as she quietly vocalized them to herself.

"Wait, is that? No it couldn't be, but...Where did these canisters come from, and that macabre inflatable that broke our landing?.. Did Sans really have it? Did he really have the mask of creation?" Vulimai grew silent for several long drawn out second, "Did that old Mahi of a Turaga really have a Kanohi of such power and didn't even think to tell me let alone allow anyone to use it to help rebuild?!"

*Kerplunk*

At that moment, Vulimai's speech was more than just a whisper, and the only thing that stopped it was the muffled kerplunk sound of liquid and the sudden and bumpy sensation that the occupants felt as the canister finally fell into the Protodermis lake as it finished consuming the inflatable island. Leaving two canisters to float and bob within the deadly pool's ebb and flow.

OOC: @Toru Nui @BULiK Hope this is cool for you two.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Her guard shift above the mines proved to be quite eventful. At one point it was almost overwhelming. Part of the mining hut was destroyed by a giant Swamp Stalker that had wandered in from the marsh. It hadn’t been attacking or anything, but it did prove hard to control with her mask, giving her some much needed experience with her Kanohi. Using a combination of Colony Drones and her mask power, they were able to guide the large Swamp Stalker back out into the marshes, but not before it trampled many young plants, released spores best kept out of a being’s body, and opened up the entrance to their mine on accident with an errant swing of its tail.

Apparently its passage caused many other Rahi and insects to come and investigate, which wasn’t too fun either. Viltia got rigorous training in with her Kanohi of Rahi Control without even realizing it while she focused on her and her friends not dying. Things quieted down as afternoon set in, but Viltia was still on high alert for any other intruders underneath her new home.

By dinner things were relatively back to normal and she gratefully offered up her post to the next shift. This evening it was her turn to help make dinner and while she physically went through with the task, mentally she was thinking of the giant robot they had found, her quest to make Kanohi, helping Sidra make her Great Disc, further learning her element to become a true protector of the village and as competent as Sidra was, and wondering if Torch had finished the new forge yet. These thoughts allowed little room for anything else and before she realized it, she had finished helping to cook and even finished her own meal.

Sidra's day passed in relative peace. She spent a few hours scoping out the swamp near the water and lumber sites, identifying suitable trees and clear ground for establishing watch towers or camps. After her observations the previous day, she did her scouting with a greater level of wariness, tensing at every crack and creak of branches. There were so many things in this swamp far larger and more fearsome than herself. It was little wonder the village was losing people. 

By day's end, she had a few more scratches on her armour after run-ins with a hungry kavinika in the marsh, and a pair of angry rock ussals near the river. She also had a few decent locations marked down for possible sentry sites, which she passed on to Wing after her return to the village near dusk. 

By the time she got her food and found Viltia, the Toa had already polished off her dinner. 

"You're hungry," she said, sitting down beside her, "Long day?" 

@Kal the Guardian

With - Sidra

Viltia looked over as Sidra joined her. She smiled, which turned into a yawn she couldn’t quite contain, “Uuuughh, yeah it was. Some dumb, giant Swamp Stalker wandered in and I coudn’t completely control him. It took us almost an hour to get him to leave.

Letting her forehead strike the table in an exaggerated fashion, she moaned in exasperation, “And then a ton more Rahi and insects showed up like they knew something different had happened. I used my mask so much today, it’s crazy. It’s so weird to feel tired mentally and not physically.

She tilted her head on the table to look at Sidra, a spark emerging in her eye, “I mean the swamp has been quiet for a few hours now, we can totally still do disc forging. No way I’m missing that no matter how tired I feel. I just hope it’s not just more repetition tonight.

"It might be boring, but repetition is important for developing new skills," she replied, though she shared Viltia's hope for a more in-depth lesson tonight. She continued talking between mouthfuls of food, "It's good for you to be getting in that practice with your mask as well." 

@Kal the Guardian