Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"I think it's referring to the number," he said, pointing to the 1-5-9 on the base of pedestal. "From what I remember, the numbers refer to a specific type of disk, but I don't remember how they work. Hey Administrator, do you know what this designation stands for?" 

@Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

_________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

"Sorry about that," she said to Taja, as Apex advanced past them, into the ruins, "As you can probably tell, some elder Aspects have delusions of self-importance." 

@Eyru @Burnmad @Sparticus147

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuakana | Ash Barrens

As they loped north, they looked once again through their little sibling's eyes. They saw—

...a storm, an unnatural tsunami and typhoon ... the land chewed up by the water, eroded into a paste as the rain pounded and deformed the world. The water ripped and tore with a violence beyond any Skakdi raiding party, cleaving the world like it was glass before the scythe... and within that maelstrom was something monstrous. Thick with scales and terrible claws, it looked over the storm as it bellowed...

They did not feel fear. Fear is an emotion felt by lesser creatures. It precedes loss. Injury. Death. Concepts foreign to them—they had known neither loss nor injury, and if there was yet hope of breaking the cycle, they would not know death. They were eldest. This was their birthright.

But they saw something in those shining scales, and in the forked lightning. They heard it in the thundering roar. It moved in the centre of the maelstrom, veiled in lashing rain. 

It was death they saw.

And they were afraid.

@Harvali

 

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Delusions of self-importance, indeed.

The Toa felt no small satisfaction as she watched the larger Aspect retreat to the ruins. Her heartbeat thundered in her ears—so this is what strength feels like. Even after becoming a Toa, she had remained a Matoran at heart, timid and quiet. But she was Matoran no longer. She was a Toa—no, she was more than a Toa. She had undergone a metamorphosis and emerged stronger than ever. She was becoming the warrior her people needed. In time, she knew she would be powerful enough to defend them from any harm.

The ruins still beckoned with whispers of greater power. But first, they needed to settle with these newcomers. One had retreated. One remained.

Taja lowered her weapon a little, not fully dropping her guard, but no longer openly aggressive.

@Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak (Big Dead), Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

 

Saybo slowly stood, eyes trained on Stannis as the Toa casually watched proceedings. Saybo’s normally quick mind was bobbling the issue presented by the foreign presence. He couldn’t make heads or tails of the information he glimpsed. Stannis still hadn’t even bothered to take off the noble Ruru Saybo had lent him.

A Toa of Fire unfamiliar to Saybo threatened his Great Being Aurax, but due to a combination of the command to defend Pridak still in the back of his mind along with everyone who was standing up to defend Aurax, Saybo was oddly unconcerned, though still watchful. Aurax had successfully accomplished what he desired and had swayed minds to his side. His Great Being couldn’t possibly have failed, nor would he in this endeavor either.

Saybo lowered himself next to Stannis, who was watching events play out. As he had constantly been doing whenever he was in his right mind, Saybo tried and finally was able to create his droplets on his knuckles. Whatever had taken away his ability to use his element had finally halted. That sure had come out of nowhere. Never before had that happened to him where he couldn’t use his element. It was unprecedented. He realized he needed to grab another form of weapon that didn’t rely on himself to provide the power.

Reaching into his backpack, Saybo retrieved the Ga-Matoran plushie Stannis had tricked him into winning at that festival so long ago. Could that Stannis truly be the same as whatever he had just felt from that mask?

The tropical island waters colored Toa looked to Stannis from the plushie, his compulsion to one up the Toa of Stone seemingly evaporated. He forgot to add emotion to his voice, so occupied was his mind, “Is it true that the Shadowed One is gone? If it’s not, I’ll be needing that Ruru back.” He didn't realize he had once idolized the Shadowed One like he now idolized Aurax, but he still knew he had a job to finish that had been put on halt for hundreds of years while he had been in stasis.

 

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua

 

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

 

Sorilax had done what he normally did, writing down the feeling and general air of the location he was studying. Then he specified the number of pillars, walls, and so on. Next was condition. Obviously this small temple was being overrun by the swamp and would need to be cleaned up for proper examination. Otherwise there was minimal damage considering the roughly two thousand years it stood here. Once that was done, he moved on to sketches, making sure to capture every variation in every design. He started at the entrance.

He didn’t get too far in his sketching when Nixie posed her question, “So what’s a grand wish?” Sorilax turned to look behind him and at the Ga-Matoran near the Suva. He pondered for a moment before speaking. It actually was around thirty seconds, but he didn’t realize it. If she didn’t know what a Grand Wish was, then she might not even have knowledge of what an Aspect was either, or Taboos. No doubt she was greatly confused about all that he had conversed about with Sala. It would do him well to inform her and protect her from Aspects’ dubious ways should her course ever cause her to diverge from Sala and himself in the future.

Now that is a question most worth answering. Yet a question laden with many various foundation stones that must first be put in place.” He walked closer to her, conjuring a Shadow table to set his scrolls on. The one he had been working on showed the designs of the doorway’s frame partially drawn. He pulled out his scroll on Aspects, scrolling to the beginning, where there was a sketch of the antidermis pool.

On this island are beings born of antidermis. I am one of them. These beings are gaseous in nature and have no physical bodies, though this means we do not need to eat or sleep, and any mental or elemental fatigue is restored much faster than with other beings. But if we have no vessel to occupy,“ He struck his fist against his chest. His body rang out differently than other beings, though he looked much like a Toa. He was more hollow sounding, “then we eventually dissipate and die.


He scrolled to the part where he listed his observations on Aspects’ natures. “As a species, we are all naturally selfish, manipulative, look down on other species as lesser, and are fiercely independent. One of our driving needs is the ability to have a solid body as often as possible.

Sorilax created a Shadow chair at the desk and sat down at it, shaking his head, “These attributes are universal to every Aspect in one form or another. Even I suffer from them, though I try my best to push them aside. Denying one’s own natural thoughts is the hardest thing I have ever endeavored to do. I desperately hope my devotion to Moral Light is enough to see me through this life.

He waved his hand in the air, his voice becoming less introspective, “Regardless, Aspects are beings born of the dark, and have elemental control over Shadow. We also have access to one of forty two Kraata powers.” He went through the scroll to show off a sketch of a level one Kraata.

It was at this point that Sala walked in again. "So, anything interesting?"

He turned to him from his seated position, “Ah, Sala, very good. Nothing much yet. I was just describing here to Nixie about Grand Wishes. Now, where was I? Ah, yes.

Sorilax turned back to the Ga-Matoran, where he proceeded to explain Kraata along a quick run down of their powers, he showed a sketch of a level three Kraata he had seen once, and then he moved on to Desecrations and acquiring a Kraata. “As you no doubt have deduced, needing a Sentient Heartight is most egregious. It throws into question everything I know about the universe and how it functions.” He proceeded to move onto his morals and how they shaped his decisions, where he would only kill in defense, or as a punishment for murder. It made studying Desecrations and the force behind Taboos hard, but the restriction was necessary for him.

And now we get to the center of this all. A Grand Wish is something each Aspect has and that we strive for. I don’t know how, but by tapping into the force that allows Desecrations to actually function, we can change the universe to our will. Each of us ultimately has seven steps to accomplish on this journey, though for my memory, I’ve only seen an Aspect finish Step 3. But something feels different, and I fear I might have to move fast to accomplish my own to protect the life on this island.” Sorilax proceeded to explain his own Grand Wish and how he sought to protect all life and make all new life morally equal.

Whatever this force is that allows these dark rituals, I hope to use it in a way that helps, not harms. I hope to turn it on its head and create a better world.” There was a passion in his words, slow and thoughtful though they were. He truly meant it.

That is what a Grand Wish is. The combined sum of an Aspect’s quest for power that changes the world. If you wish to know more about Taboos, my kindred, or Kraata, you may borrow my scroll on Aspects for a short while.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Forging without Sidra? Viltia almost couldn’t comprehend it. It didn’t feel right to learn more than Sidra might. “I couldn’t do that to you,” she responded with concern, “It wouldn’t be right.

She scratched at her mask, “You were the one who got us started on this path... It would almost be wrong to continue without you. We could hang out, instead. Talk, maybe?

Her body was still sore from the past couple days, despite the ten hours of sleep. Maybe it would be better to give it one evening’s rest, despite her desire to continue learning.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak

 

"The power I grant you is tied, in a way, to my own. After you're Desecrated, each time I grow stronger, so do you.”

That was certainly news to Cravious. It changed his entire viewpoint on this situation. He had thought it would be one and done like his employees. No wonder they weren’t growing in power, their Aspects weren’t. In a moment his plans completely changed. He no longer needed to learn to fly, explore the ocean’s depths, or invent artificial intelligence. What he wanted was this Whira to grow as powerful as possible so that he too could grow strong.

“As for my second wish that I would ask of you... I require a Kanohi Mask. Not just any Kanohi. A specific one. It is called the Kanohi Kraakhan, the Mask of Shadows. I will need you to help me acquire one. I believe that creating one ourselves may be the easiest route to take. If we were to succeed, this would be a grand leap forward for us. Would you be willing to help me with this task after your second Desecration?"

A Kanohi? What was… Ah, yes. The Toa and Matoran from before the rise of Skakdi that he had found and hired to mine from him in the far north, they had worn what they had called Kanohi. They offered the Toa strange powers much like Skakdi had. Cravious had never gotten his hirelings to give him any information on how to create Kanohi or how the masks functioned, but at least he had heard the term before.

Not for the first time he wished he hadn’t been created only three hundred years ago. He had missed such wealth of knowledge from Zakaz’s previous inhabitants. All Skakdi cared about was war, spoil, or cheating and one upping each other. Not that he wasn’t for those things, just that most Skakdi thought too small. Why kill Matorn when you could profit off of them? Why kill Toa when you could extract their knowledge? Such a waste.

I regret that I only know the name Kanohi, not how to craft one, but I accept your second wish. In fact I pledge that I will help you grow even further in power, so that I might too grow to surpass all others. You may-

Cravious was stopped short as a being that he wasn’t sure was a Skakdi or Mesi appeared from thin air and lunged for him. Cravious’ whole body jerked from freight, though he didn’t let out a peep. The Skakdi’s… Mesi’s? ACR arm came towards him swiftly and with power. It grabbed his briefcase and tore it from his grip even as he tried to jump back. NO! I need that!

In a well practiced motion with his right arm, Cravious grabbed his Seismic Pickaxe hanging from his duffel bag. He preferred fisticuffs, but not with an ACR clad Mesi that was covered in moss and who knew what else filth. No, it was time for a long range solution. Thankfully, firing dozens of times with every type of gun and launcher he made these last three hundred years allowed him fairly decent aim. Although, unfortunately this situation was fast and required quick action, so his aim wasn’t exactly the best in the moment.

Still, he started firing as many energy blasts at the little thief as he could, all away from his briefcase, of course. Center mass worked wonders to allow any variation in condition to still contribute towards a successful hit.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

Oh karz. Small talk wasn't her thing. 

"Sure, that sounds great," she said, wracking her brains for an excuse and coming up empty, "What did you want to talk about?"

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

I don’t know,” Viltia shrugged, “But with how you’re always giving me such good advice, I figure you know more things than I know to even ask about. Unless you’re too tired to think about stuff like that. I would understand.” Sidra really did seem tired. Viltia didn’t want to bother her when she needed rest.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Well, I don't know about that," she mumbled. Did she really give good advice? She wasn't trying to be a sage or anything. She just said what she knew, things she'd learned the hard way that she wished others had told her. "I used to travel a lot. I saw a lot of the world, different species and civilisations, and so on. I guess I picked up more than I realised." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - Throne Room -

Skyra paid no attention to the current tension and argument that was quickly developing around her. Heck, for the moment she'd even forgotten about question Stannis and how he was somehow not only alive but completely unharmed. All she could right now is look at Rose, grabbing onto her wife's shoulder as she saw how dizzy she looked. "Hey, don't pass out on me, you hear?" 

Skyra looked back up at Oreius and Aurax, looking very ticked off at both of them. "Will you all shut the #### up and go find a medic!? Or do something actually useful!? Go fight over these ####ing worthless ruins of a city later! Maybe when you're done there will be even more RUINS TO LIVE ON!" 

@Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Kal the Guardian@Tarn @Toru Nui

 

IC: Varian - The Fire Ruins -

Systems rebooting...activating sensory...Varian online... 

The massive Exo-Toa had gone quite for a while, as if he was dead and lifeless, suddenly he twitched and his eyes glowed with energy once again as his gears began to whirl. His vision came online and he began to look around. "Hmmmm...I must have shut down..." His sensors quickly detected some of his allies nearby and he started moving towards them. 

"Apologies, I seem to have gone offline for a moment." He said as he approached Zak-Yak and the others. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147

 

IC: Vashni - Po-Koro -

"I can read your mind if you wish me to Kanohi. Though like our friend said here, I won't be able to show Kilo or the Vahki anything with my powers." Vashni then turned to Jutori. "I do try not to read people's minds without their permission, but sometimes I do pick up a stray thought or two unintentionally. It's sort of how you can't turn your ears off if you don't want to hear something. Some times I hear thoughts whether I wish too or not."

@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Tarn @Toru Nui

  • Like 1


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia squinted her optics. Was Sidra… doubting herself? How could that even be possible? She really must be tired. “And I never traveled anywhere. Even though I was happy where I was, where nothing big ever happened, I apparently missed out on a ton of stuff that was going on in our old world. I guess I don’t actually know how wise you are, but to me you’ve been a sage.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Now you're definitely giving me too much credit," she chuckled, "There's plenty I don't know." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia pointed at Sidra in mock surprise, “You realize that’s exactly what a sage would say, right? True humility always points to wisdom. Or, well okay I think it does. See, something else you would probably know!” She giggled at that, this time her true, happy self.

Viltia smiled. She knew in the back of her mind that Sidra wasn’t perfect, but she certainly was amazing. “Okay, if you don’t have any wisdom for me, and I don’t have any stories except for silly Matoran ones, then you want to take the Kahu and see if we can’t find anything cool like that giant robot foot? No one’s riding him right now.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: “Nixie” | Air Suva

She heard his words from inside the temple, but didn’t reply. It seemed Sala wanted to have the moment to himself, so she kept her mind focused more on the work at hand. Her eyes, however, couldn’t help but look out toward where he stood before coming back in. She swore something in the swamp stared back, then darted into the darkness of the tree canopy.

During Sorilax’s lecture, Nixie found herself staring at his sketches. She noticed the circle he’d drawn above the door frame, and looking up noted a small circular window. She didn’t know much about astrology, but she figured a cloudless night and a full moon probably brought lots of beautiful light into the inner chamber. 

“You know what? Sure. Why not? I’ll believe you. My entire world just got dumped out of a robot’s skull into this place. For all I know this is the after life and finally good and evil actually have meaning. Borrowing your scroll sounds,” she thought for the right word, “helpful. Consider me converted. But I have to ask: if aspects like yourself are supposed to be selfish and put themselves above others, how can I trust you completing your quest for ultimate goodness is actually for the benefit of others? Are you just a politician? You could’ve put Turaga Dume in the hot seat, and he’s a turaga of fire!”

She turned to look back at the rest of the temple, something clicking in the back of her mind. “Hey, if there’s a circle above the door for light to flood into the temple, why is there a semi-circle on the back wall instead? Wouldn't the architects pick a singular design language for the space?”

Sure enough, where she pointed there was a carved semi-circle window on the back wall. If only she could remember more star stuff...

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Base of Irnakk's Tooth

Barius remained reclined against the windshield. The gruesome wound in his gut protested the idea of straightening his posture.

"You are my guest tonight, and it becomes a host to treat his guest well," Barius intoned, folding his hands behind his head. "Moreover... I would like to learn more from you, of the world from which you came. And I hope that my generosity towards you this evening will entice you to impart that knowledge freely."

The explanation was given with seemingly only genuine goodwill, leaving Drukarus to wonder whether the sinister implications of the qualifier 'freely' were intentional.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Conway

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

The Tiokaha sighed, withdrawing his fist. Evidently, Apex had already damaged diplomatic relations further than a single gesture of goodwill could repair.

"Truly, I apologize for her words," he muttered. He was uncertain how well this partnership could function, if this was to be the norm. "I do not desire a conflict here; if my companion's conduct makes an alliance impossible, then let us at least agree not to be enemies. I do not know your goals, but your nature leads me to assume that they do not run counter to our own." He nodded to Taja, seemingly indicating her Toa-ness.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

IC: Ollem - Near the Bay

As they came close enough to realize the destruction that had been brought upon the Rig, Ollem shook and cowered with fear. "W-what is that?" Through sheets of rain, he swore he had glimpsed a creature the size of the Colosseum. He hoped his eyes deceived him.

His hand grasped at his cloaking device, but he did not activate it. Even if they had been close enough to be in immediate danger, there was no way being invisible would do anything to help him. The creature was far, far too large to pay him any mind; he would perish in moments from the winds and waves, even if he was lucky enough to avoid being crushed under its massive, clawed feet. He was a small and insignificant thing before it; a candle in the midst of a typhoon.

OOC: @Harvali

  • Like 1

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamp, Ruin of Air

Apex loped through the large, square, open doorway to the temple. Vines grew on the floor, posing a tripping hazard to even her large form. She heard the dripping of water droplets from soaked moss in the cracked corners of each stone block used in the assembly of the ancient ruined complex. The smallest burrowing insects made their alien hives inside the masonry.
As Apex passed the threshold she felt a sharp tingle of electricity course up her spine, and when she turned around to check noticed a milky distortion to the world from where she came. It seemed more than one temple utilized the binding field of energy, but this one seemed already removed. After a short walk in the dark, Apex arrived in a round chamber large enough to comfortably pace inside. A beam of sunlight cut through the space at a diagonal, having found a way in through the decrepit and fallen crown of the cloven ziggurat. Before her on the opposite side of the round chamber were three hallways. Once, each hallway had a wooden door barring entry. Now, the doors rotted on the floor after centuries of tomb raiders, and small purple flowers grew from the wood pulp. A purple fungus with hexagonal frills grew from the corpse of a skakdi propped against the wall nearest the right hallway.

In the center of the circular chamber was a cleansing pool of water, now fouled by the toxicity of the Fau Swamp. A pure white lotus floated in the center of the pool, absorbing the sun’s rays.

Even as she took in the sights an eerily familiar voice spoke up, echoing off the walls in its special disembodied peculiarity: "I am the Administrator, and you are -- oh it's you."

Ooc: 

@Sparticus147, @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler @Eyru
 

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

 

Believe him? Sorilax hadn’t even considered that someone might not believe him. Even the other Aspects, when they didn’t ignore him, believed him. What he spoke was what he observed. Truth through his interpretation of the world, but not filtered by him in any way he knew of. It… was another new concept to him. And it made him even more grateful to have Sala at his side helping him.

I… hummm, I think I’ve heard of a Dume before. Either from Le-Metru Nuva or…” Memories seemed to escape him on the subject, “But I agree with your assessment. As I currently am, I don’t trust myself to achieve my own Grand Wish. As an Aspect, my base instincts must be changed. I must figure out a way to change my very nature from Shadow to Light. Only then can I be sure I am not just deceiving myself into thinking I am following Moral Light.

Nixie changed the subject, “Hey, if there’s a circle above the door for light to flood into the temple, why is there a semi-circle on the back wall instead? Wouldn't the architects pick a singular design language for the space?”

Sorilax stood, the Shadow table and chair remaining conjured until Sorilax no longer had need of them, which for him might be hours. He walked over to the back wall to look at the semi-circle. “You are quite right. It is an oddity. Either symbolism… or perhaps… at a certain time, light from the windows reveals something otherwise unnoticed? I wish I had brought my scrolls that I made when I documented the outside of this location. Sala, what do you make of this?

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia made sure the Kahu wouldn’t be missed and saddled it up. Viltia sat up front to control their flight and watch for enemies, especially since she was the one most awake. They took off with a jump and a burst of wing power. With Sidra’s directions, they quickly neared where the giant foot had been buried.

The wind was cold, but the evening sun warmed them. That pesky three headed Gukko made an appearance, but with her mask Viltia sent it flying towards the horizon until it was out of range. She was really getting used to flying the Kahu and was loving the feelings associated with it. There were moments where she felt like a seemingly weightless head of a sunflower, suspended by a thin stem, soaking up the light.

Once they spotted the clearing in the canopy they had found earlier, Viltia had the Kahu descend, but not too much. They flew around the area, searching for anything out of the ordinary, but nothing stuck out to them. The canopy rolled in the wind beneath them like waves in a sea of green. Dropping through the clearing, they began the real search, flying from large branch to large branch, since that was safer than freely flying through the canopy. It also allowed them more time to scan the area below them. And it allowed Viltia to reach out with her observation of the Green. She "saw" the foot as she had before and tried to see if it led anywhere.

Hopefully they would spot more of the giant foot. Viltia really wanted to find the head of whatever was buried.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins

The Aspect’s eyes flashed with mild annoyance as Zak-Tak grabbed the briefcase. She conjured you several shadow tendrils around him. 

”It’s not nice to steal,” she said. She eyed the approaching automaton. “Would you mind telling this one to return what is ours?”

OOC: @Snelly @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

IC, Atamai: Fort

As Axonn swung his weapon down at Atamai, the Toa rolled to the side to avoid having his head split in two. He scrambled to his feet and used his elemental power to call the hammer back to him. 

He readied himself for another attack. “I’m not going to let you take these disks,” he said. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @The Captain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

Sidra wasn't afraid of heights. She'd contended with her fair share of skyrises and freefalls over the years. But riding on the back of an airborne creature, feeling the wind in her face, seeing the world as a bird did, was a very different experience. 

For a while, she was overwhelmed by the vastness of the swamp, an endless ocean of green, lush with life, expanding ever outwards in every direction. As Viltia brought them over the clearing where they'd found the buried foot, Sidra forced herself to focus, trying to pick out individual details in the vista around her. She kept an eye out for any signs of further clearings, or hills that might indicate the location of more buried wreckage. 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Takadox - Ruins of Fire]

 

The warlord had followed the Exo-Toa outside as well. This desecration business sounded quite fascinating and he was glad to have a little less attention on him. Some part of him noted that he used to love having all eyes on him. But that was when they were all subservient to him. There...was a lot to unpack there and work through. But later. Right now, perhaps this ritual was a way for him to gain the power to reclaim his dignity properly? But he quickly distanced himself from those fancy ideas as soon as he overheard what the process actually entailed. However, hearing it explained so directly made something click for him - pieces of a puzzle that had been swirling round the back of his mind fell suddenly into place - and not in a good way:

“That’s what those sightless maniacs in the tunnels wanted me for…that thing in the pit was one of these aspects…” he muttered to himself.

The realization how close he’d come to getting his insides turned into an offering to some dark being sent a shiver down his spine. But the revelation in his thoughts didn’t stop there...he remembered getting dragged through some kind of temple along the way and the blind Shaman chanting something in the dark...if the sacrifice was only the beginning, maybe they were linked?

He looked around, trying to see if Providence had stuck around. Maybe they knew more...

 

OOC: @Burnmad

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

 

“The first digit denotes the point of origin and flight characteristics, the second digit its power, the third the level of that power. Based on the inscription, this device requires a ninth level disk of growth forged in - hmm, there seems to be a database error regarding the point of origin.”

 

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Providence - Ruins of FIre

Providence had, indeed, followed. Moreover, he seemed to have overheard Takadox's muttering. "I thought the same thing. Though if the Mesi were harboring an Aspect in that well, it must have been very powerful and ancient, indeed..."

He watched Zak-Yak's attempt to steal the briefcase with bemusement. He was prepared to step in and deescalate the situation, if it seemed his Mesi companion was to be the loser in this conflict; however, he was not about to interrupt prematurely.

OOC: @Snelly @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend


Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded, and swallowed, his fingers drumming his armor of broken masks. “I will t-tell what I know, but f-feel free to read my mind regarding Toa Zaliyah, Vashni. If I misremember details, maybe you can correct me.

He all but gulped, his body trembling. “Roughly a day ago I think, a Matoran medic, a Turaga native to this island, and me had traveled to Metru-Koro. We were carrying a Matoran injured by a Skakdi to get medical treatment. When we arrived we ran into Toa Stannis, but when we … we caught up…

An airship overhead a broadcast to Metru-Koro. The speaker was a Toa Zaliyah, who was a representative of the League. She … she claimed she had tried to open negotiations with the Turaga of Metru-Koro, to arrange peace. She had come specifically for the Mask of Creation, but perhaps it would have been negotiable. If … if cooler heads prevailed.”

From what I understood, the Turaga of Metru-Koro spat in her face. Not literally just … he refused to negotiate. I … I was not there, but Toa Stannis had been, and he confirmed she had approached the village to make peace. Whatever happened, it went horribly.”

The Fe-Matoran breathed heavy, optics closed. ”Toa Zaliyah declared that in two days the League would destroy Metru-Koro if the Mask of Creation was not offered to the League. Toa Stannis teleported us to Po-Koro to warn the village, before he took the Taku to Metru-Koro alongside a number of Toa and a few Aspects. I … I have not heard anything since.”

Collector shakily looked at Vashni, “Is … is my friend misremembering? He must be, right?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn how, it occurs to me now that Vashni had an encounter with Zaliyah at the end of SKE 

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika swallowed, her telescopic lens staring at the beast as it bellowed. She shivered, pressing Vokarda tightly to her insides. Her partner seemed to shudder too, quivering in the sight of this walking Armageddon. Then it began to lumber forward, seemingly heading to the north northwest. And with it, the rain followed. 

I … I think it didn’t notice us,” she whispered to Vokarda, before remembering Ollem existed. She turned to him, “W-what do we do now? There… could any place be safe from that monster? Could anything even stop that thing? I … I think even a Kaita would struggle against such a beast.

But a Kaita would have the best chance, better than a Toa. That is, if she could trust her memories.

Then again, there may be one other person able to fight that beast.

Tuakana, what … what do you think we should do? Is there a way I can help you become strong enough to defeat this monster?

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

"Truly, I apologize for her words," Morangad said, sounding a little disappointed. "I do not desire a conflict here; if my companion's conduct makes an alliance impossible, then let us at least agree not to be enemies. I do not know your goals, but your nature leads me to assume that they do not run counter to our own."

...fair enough. Taja allowed herself to relax a bit more. This Morangad seemed level-headed enough, and he appeared to be genuinely sorry for the poor first impression. And he had a point: they were about to enter a mysterious temple full of unknown dangers, so it would be foolish to make enemies now.

"Apology accepted," Taja said, lowering her weapon to her side. "We don't want to be enemies either. We just don't take kindly to people sneaking up on us."

She looked at the temple, standing tall and silent in the moonlight. "As for our goals... unless you plan to attack my people like the northern Skakdi tribes, then we have no quarrel."

 

IC: Tuakana | Ash Barrens

Strong enough? they replied wordlessly. Yes. In time.

They pondered this new development for a long minute. The ground under their knuckles was now less ash and more dirt. They did not notice. One thought at a time.

The cycle continues, they said at last. What once came now comes again. But something has changed... 

They paused in their stride, then turned their mossy shoulders to the west. They looked out over the barren land, then began to lope towards the setting sun.

Unto the new, they whispered. The fallen city. There may answers be found.

 

IC: Oreius | Throne Room, the Coliseum

Were he not bound by his ancient promise, Oreius would have turned Stannis to cinders for that. Stay out of my head! he wanted to scream. He glared at the old man, who pretended to be oblivious. Ever the puppetmaster, pulling strings to keep the balance. Ever careful to preserve the appearance of fairness while keeping a toe on the scale. 

He looked at Rose and Skyra. He had thought they would understand. They were soldiers too, weren't they? Hadn't they sworn to protect their home? And now they would abandon it to another usurper just so the war would end? He bit back a curse. There could never be peace without justice. There could never be peace until the League answered for the blood of innocents and the death of a universe. Even if he laid down his weapons here and now, it would not be a true peace. As long as evil existed, war would surely come again. The only solution was to root out every last trace of the cancer and burn it to ashes. Only then could there be peace.

The odds were against him. His allies were wounded or full of doubt, and they would not help him. He knew this feeling well: it was not the first time he had stood alone against an enemy. Mata Nui had blessed him with an unyielding spirit, but it was also a curse. He was the only one who would rather break than bend. He was the only one with enough determination to doggedly pursue evil and exterminate it wherever it might be found.

There is no such thing as middle ground, he recalled a Turaga saying once. There is solid ground, and there is unstable ground. Truth and falsehood. Light and dark. A wise man builds his house on solid ground, and sleeps sound, trusting in his firm foundation. A foolish man builds his house on sand. When the winds come and the rains fall, his foundation does not hold. It falls, and great is the fall of it.

The lesson? Never compromise. Hold fast, even to the end of the world.

Oreius lifted his eyes to meet Aurax's. He was a soldier, and he knew when to retreat. But the war was not over. He would be back, and he would finish what the League had started. This was not peace: it was just a temporary ceasefire. He would burn this city clean of all impurities. Starting with the usurper.

 "Very well," he said quietly. His voice was cold, but he sheathed his sword and stepped back. "Let us have peace."

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

Morangad stood motionless as he listened to Taja's reply, face inscrutable.

"I assure you, that is not our intention. Our goal is to seek a means of defending against the Skakdi you mention - if not launching an offensive against them - and, more to the point, to restore the land that they have destroyed over the generations of their terrible reign."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147

IC: Ollem - Near the Bay

He shuddered. "I don't know, Mahrika. But if there is any way to destroy it, I doubt it has anything to do with us. We should just stay far, far out of its way."

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Burnmad

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zak-Yak (Outside the Fire Ruins)

In a singular fell swoop, Zak-Yak claimed his prize of the briefcase, it now trapped within the vice-like grip of Master's Talons, from the white Skakdi, and immediately, not giving a single moment the slightest thought, Zak-Yak bolted, beginning his retreat back towards the Ruin's entrance.

Swiftly the Mesi ran, but not as swift as he normally would have been able too, as instead of simply propelling himself forwards with the talons of his severed ACR arm, he was forced to move upon its knuckles as to ensure minimal damage occurred to the briefcase.

But as Zak-Yak ran as fast as he could, the sound of Cravious's seismic jackhammer roared out. One, two, three thunderous shots rang out, the shots thankfully going just wide enough and only blasting into the blacked soil and igneous rock that formed Zak-Yak's path to the ruin's entrance. As Zak-Yak ran through the hail of thunderous shots and shrapnel, a few of the shards found themselves imbedded into the Mesi's frame, a biting pain beginning to cover his body. But he did not care.

"Keep running! We have felt pain like this before, we have felt worse pain than this before! Yes, keep running! Now that Zak-Yak has heartlight, Varian master can give blessing. Now Zak-Yak won't ever feel the pain! Yes, good, good, look master Varian is co-"

That was all that Zak-Yak was able to think about before a singular shadowy tendril grasped at him, attempting to pull him down. As Zak-Yak's center of balance was thrown off to one side, a heavy-duty round went off against Zak-Yak's right shoulder, blasting into the support structure of the ACR arm and causing Zak-Yak to tumble onto the ground unto his back.

For no longer than a few seconds did Zak-Yak laid there, trying his best to process what had happened...When the sight of the approaching Skakdi reminded him that he needed to get away. But when Zak-Yak tried to move, a horrifying realization took hold of him. Master's Talon had been damaged, Zak-Yak could no longer move with it, and as such, was essentially pinned.

"No, no, Zak-Yak was to win. Zak-Yak had heartlights. Varian master's blessing? No, NO! We will have out blessing, and we will not be STOPPED! Fight, FIGHT!"

And so, like an injured Kavinika caught in a trapped, Zak-Yak did the only thing he could, he began quickly cutting loose the leather straps and bindings that held him in. His measly shiv working as best as it could, Zak-Yak even using all of his meager strength to break the hydraulic supports that was fastened to his body and harness. Twisting and turning, contorting himself like he would do in the tight narrow spaces from his old subterranean home, like the spaces he would hide in, where no one could come and hurt him, Zak-Yak at last slipped free.

But, the briefcase, though seemingly undamaged, was still trapped within the claws of the ACR arm, and Zak-Yak truly had no time to pry it out. Left no other choice, as the white Skakdi soon reached him and his prize, Zak-Yak did the only thing he could do left. He disappeared into the aether, only reappearing alongside and behind his master, Varian. A singular, unanimous thought taking up his mind.

"I will have that heartlight."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Burnmad @Snelly

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

Cravious turned to follow Zak-Yak’s retreating form as he regained stable footing and jumped in surprise, his shots becoming sporadic. Apparently three other beings from inside the ruins had arrived around Cravious and Whira in the instant Zak-Yak had attacked. He took his finger off the trigger as Whira tripped up the Mesi, who scrambled out from under the ACR arm he was strapped into. As Cravious strode over, the Mesi disappeared somehow, which explained how he had snuck up on them, and then reappeared next to… a super armored Toa? Intriguing.

Cravious glared at the whole lot of them, though, an angry sneer on his face. The whole point of speaking with someone in private was, you know, speaking to them in private. He already didn’t like this lot of beings. At least you knew where you stood with Skakdi. They would always try to eavesdrop. Always. But then you could plan for it and avoid it. Apparently walking down a very long tunnel to the outside wasn’t enough of a hint for this motley crew. Whira and he had even walked a small ways away from the entrance.

No matter, there were more important things to attend to.

I will have back what is rightfully mine,” he demanded, voice harsh as he pointed at the briefcase still clutched by the ACR arm at his feet. He didn’t pull out his Zamor Launcher, but it was within easy reach. His Seismic Pickaxe was enough for now. He held it casually, finger off the trigger, but it was still aimed at Zak-Yak.

His briefcase was tantalizingly close to retrieval, as it would only take a small bit of work from the jackhammer on his Seismic Pickaxe to free, but any movements he made now might cause the newcomers to act, and there was no reason to start a 4v2. He also wanted to use his telescopic vision and see if his hirelings had noticed his distress and were bringing the Cube closer, but with a disappearing Mesi, he couldn’t take the chance to look away.

Meanwhile in the Cube, Sagacious had been watching diligently. There was no reason to let the one Skakdi who let her mostly do as she pleased and provided her the resources to do it die on her watch. When Cravious was jumped, Sagacious called the others to their stations and began driving the Cube closer to the ziggurat.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika nodded shakily, one hand futilely clutching her Kanoka, the other embracing Vokarda for comfort. She watched as the beast lumbered away, her optics all but hypnotized by her terror. That thing … it could turn the wastelands into quagmires, erode the land into a paste. Any cave would be flooded, any refuge torn apart by the torrent. That thing, it would cleave the island in a way even the Skakdi could not. 

Where even could they go?

She swallowed, “I … I can’t think any cave c-could be safe from that thing, no matter how remote. And I … I think it created that terrible rain. If it can flood the island by its presence alone, not even trying to harness its element, then what could it do if it tried? I … no one can be safe. Not your people, not the Skakdi. N-no matter where we hide, if it got close, we would … would be destroyed.

As the titanic monster thundered away, she asked in a small quivering voice, “D-do you still think we should try to investigate the ruins? I … I can’t imagine many relics survived, but i-if you think there is something to be learned or scavenged, after the beast is far enough away, w-we could look…

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"There's a chance," Irna said, "that finding the answers to Keitara's past might also bring answers to this island's future."

It was a long shot, of course -- and even as she said the words out loud, Irna wasn't entirely certain that she believed them. But Skorm was right when he said that this island reminded him of the end of Metru-Nui. And if there was even a possibility of averting something like that....

"In any case," she said, "we should head out sooner, rather than...."

She leaned on Skorm -- how long had been since she had last slept? Since any of them had?

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | Base of Irnakk's Tooth

While Barius was busy courting Druukarus, Parnassus raised a hand out to the mimic that backing away.

"Corrivalis," they said, smiling. "Come. Why don't you stay and join us for a libation?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Sparticus147

-Void

Edited by Conway
Changed Parnassus' location

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Nuva Chamber)

"Well… two outta three ain’t bad. I wouldn’t call it good, but… oh, whatever. We're done here, I do declare." Enra started making her way out of the chamber, device still in hand. "That swirly-whirly thing's still there, right? The portal? The spacial gateway?" She asked no-one in particular.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

Gnabol briefly slipped out of serious mode back into sarcastic mode. "Because it sounds like a lovely place for a holiday. I don’t much appreciate the existence of malignant artifacts of doom that could fall into the wrong hands. Or any hands. I don’t see anyone else doing anything about it."

@Tarn@Smudge8


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Carefully Apex moved through the stony corridor, mindful of the various vines and roots that filled the passage as to not get caught or snagged on them. But even with her being careful, her horns and legs got caught once or twice and she had to tuck in her wings close to her form. Looking over her surroundings, Apex sensed the dripping of droplets and felt the hum of the insects within the air.

"Truly, even this place made itself a good home fo-..." Apex staggered in her step as an electrical sensation ran through her form. Peering behind herself, she saw the distortion that enveloped the place from which she came from and remembering her brief time in the Fire Ruins, Apex's mood was just as soured as quickly as it was being lifted. "...Great, suppose I shall have to worry about that later then."

Entering the main chamber, Apex surveyed the entirety of the room. The three, wood-rotted corridors leaving Apex with a choice on where to proceed. To the right of the chamber, Apex took note of a  dead Skak's corpse, the fungi growing upon it eliciting a croaking chuckle from Apex's throats and maw.

"Huhuhuhu. Good, fungi, the great equalizer. Truly something of beau-..." Apex's thought was interrupted as she looked towards the white lotus, somehow pure and untouched, within the toxic pool. "...Huh, truly nature is somethi-"

"I am the Administrator, and you are -- oh it's you."

Upon hearing that same voice she heard once before, Apex let out a growling howl out into the air, the sound of which echoing and filling the entire chamber. Although such a cry might be seen as an outcry of anger or a roar meant to instill fear into the hearts of Matoran. But this cry was simply fueled by raw, utter, exasperation.

"Why? WHY! Are you here in this temple as well? You know what, I should not be surprised. But know this, this time, I WILL find and claim the taboos that dwell within this temple, and there is nothing, NOTHING! You can do to stop me."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

"You are my guest tonight, and it becomes a host to treat his guest well, moreover... I would like to learn more from you, of the world from which you came. And I hope that my generosity towards you this evening will entice you to impart that knowledge freely."

Drukarus thought upon these words for several seconds, certainly long enough for Barius to grow uncomfortable and to start wondering if the elderly Skak had heard him in the first place before he spoke. "Yes...This is acceptable. I suppose, from one former-warchief to a newly made-warchief, civility should be the least we can offer each other...Speaking of offerings, that is the first thing that I am...Freely, giving you. I was, upon my home island of Zakaz, was a great warchief. One that lesser warskaks payed tribute too, whether willfully or by force, and greater warskaks only challenged when necessary or justified...But, if you want to know more, go ahead, and I'll tell you whatever else I can...But first, may I come up and join you though?"

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

As Sala listened to Nixie and Sorilax talk, Sala felt a feint sense of familiarity from the sight. "Huh, so that is what it looks like." 

You are quite right. It is an oddity. Either symbolism… or perhaps… at a certain time, light from the windows reveals something otherwise unnoticed? I wish I had brought my scrolls that I made when I documented the outside of this location. Sala, what do you make of this?

His attention being caught back into the conversation at hand, Sala spoke back to Sorilax. "Well, in some of the more antiquated portions of the Archives, there are religious texts referring to the two moons within the sky being synonymous with Mata-Nui's eyes. I don't know if that relates here though, since this is a different world, but I did notice two moons within the sky so, who know? It might have some religious significance. Without a native, we can't be fully sure and our only clue would be the murals."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

While Enra discussed departing, something in the Administrator's words caught Xane's attention, "Ninth-level disk? I didn't think those existed." 

@Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

"It sounds like our companion has already found something to quarrel with," Whisper said, as Apex's frustrated roar reverberated forth from the temple entrance. 

@Eyru @Burnmad

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Barius - Base of Irnakk's Tooth

Barius smirked. "Sure thing. Come up and pop a squat," he said, patting the empty bit of hood next to him. He found it rather ballsy of Drukarus to ask to share the hood of the E. Street Wagon - effectively his temporary throne - with him, but he wasn't about to look the coward by saying no.

He got the sense that Skakdi from the head were somewhat less brutal than their wasteland-dwelling counterparts. This was a supposition born of Drukarus' reactions to a number of things Barius had said, as well as of the newfound knowledge that he claimed to be a former warchief. That position, among the warskaks Barius knew, was not one that someone retired from; it was held until your successor killed you for it. The fact that Drukarus could claim to have retired from it peaceably - and indeed, without even seeming to bear any debilitating wounds from the experience - suggested that things, perhaps, worked differently in the world the purple Skak had left behind.

Either that, or Drukarus was lying. But given his build and age, and the weapon he wielded, he certainly could have been a warchief.

"Now, perhaps I misunderstood what you related to me at the volcano's mouth..." He began, before sitting up and turning his torso towards his conversation partner. He suppressed the grunt of pain that sought its way out of his lungs at the motion, though he could not help but grimace for a brief moment. "But, I believe you did say that the land from which you hailed - which also bore the name Zakaz - was not included within the skull that impacted our western horizon a week back? I am curious what does lie within it."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Conway @Nato the Traveler

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

Morangad moved with all the swiftness of a wild rahi towards the entrance, spear already in hand. The dead silence of his footsteps gave way to a soft thud as his boots found the mossy flagstones of the temple's floor. An electric sensation passed through him upon crossing the threshold, but he paid it no heed; his newfound ally's potential need for assistance was his primary concern.

Bursting into the chamber, his worry was only compounded when he found that he could not see what troubled his Aspect companion. His mind raced, considering what manner of swamp creature could pose a threat to Apex, while also being stealthy enough to evade his sight. "Where is the danger?" He demanded, weapon held before him. His eyes darted around the room, searching for a foe to slay.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

IC: Ollem - Near the Bay

"I don't know if we'll find anything. I don't know if we'd have found anything before that thing flooded the entire bay; but it's our only lead right now, so we haven't got much choice but to investigate it."

He watched as the Tahtorak stamped off out of sight. "Either way, I suspect the safest place to be is wherever that beast has already finished with." That made sense, right? Admittedly, he didn't know the first thing about rahi. Why would he? He hadn't worked in the archives, nor in the stables.

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 2

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax relaxed a little on the throne. Oreius was standing down... for now. Aurax had a feeling that this wouldn't be the last he'd hear from the older Toa.

Acknowledging Skyra's frustration, he looked over at the secretary. "Yes, please get some medical attention for everyone present, assuming you'd like to keep your job. Also, if there's, like, any guest rooms or something my guests could stay in here for just tonight, that'd be great."

Aurax sighed, tired. Now the real work begins...

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins

The Aspect stared down Zak-Yak, prepared to attack if needed.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

"Sure thing. Come up and pop a squat."

Though Drukarus's neutral visage didn't change, he was momentarily surprised that Barius would allow him to, in a manner of speaking, be allowed to be placed upon equal footing with him. But, not looking a gift Mahi in the mouth, Drukarus joined Barius up onto the hood of the E. Street Wagon before opening himself up to heed the warchief's questioning.

"Now, perhaps I misunderstood what you related to me at the volcano's mouth...But, I believe you did say that the land from which you hailed - which also bore the name Zakaz - was not included within the skull that impacted our western horizon a week back? I am curious what does lie within it."

At the mention of what lies within the head, a worn-look came upon Drukarus face, the elderly Skakdi obviously being bothered from already having to speak of it. "Yes, I suspected you would be curious about that. What lies within that head is failure. Failure of war, failure of a people, and a failure of a universe...But more exactly, there within that head lies the corpse of the once legendary city of Metru-Nui. Before the crash, and the war that destroyed a world, the city was known as the capital of the Matoran people. It was a center of technology, society, and governance...And depending on who you ask, the ultimate symbol of an oppressive theocracy that sought to subject all beneath the Matoran...Well, all except the defiant Skakdi."

Gazing downwards at his clasped hands, Drukarus took a momentary start and looked back towards Barius as something he said registered in the old Skakdi's brain. "Which also bore the name Zakaz? What do you mean by that?"

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Brooding within the chamber, her gaze fixed upon and scanning from where the voice came from, her attention was taken by the sound of soft footsteps quickly approaching her. Raising her stinger, Apex nearly struck out at the approaching intruder before the sight of Morangad made itself known.

"Where is the danger?"

Rolling her head over along with her eyes, Apex began to shake her head as she spoke, letting out a soft rumbling growl like boulders going down a hill, "There is no danger Morangad, at least none present at the moment. The only thing here is a nuisance that refuses to show itself..." Looking back towards Morangad, a stray thought wormed its way into her mind, Apex swaying her head and shoulders as if weighing to options before speaking to the Tiokaha, "A..Apologize Morangad..For startling you, I had simply reached the end of my roots."

"Hopefully this is what you do."

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

"Right, yes," Nale replied to Gnabol. "But the head was damaged in the crash. These tunnels Mazor speaks of--it's possible they were destroyed and there's no way of getting inside them again. Unless you'd like to discuss excavation plans with the League on their turf, for the artifact they were going to kill God with."

She shook her head. "Perhaps it's buried, and should stay that way."


@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Jutori - Po-Koro

"That...isn't as reassuring as you think it sounds, sister."

Jutori turned from Vashni, back to their Fe-Matoran friend. "We left the village long before any of this occured. Zaliyah...she was the one we met in Le-Metru, right?"

@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Toru Nui
 

  • Like 2

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Coliseum

The elder man did not deign Oreo's scowl with a reaction; Oreius knew; he knew. 

(Thank you.)

Stannis still sat on the stoop of the steps to the throne. Pridak was still wasting away beside him like a passed out drunkard of an old friend, even though everyone knew they were anything but that.

Quote

Reaching into his backpack, Saybo retrieved the Ga-Matoran plushie Stannis had tricked him into winning at that festival so long ago. Could that Stannis truly be the same as whatever he had just felt from that mask?

The tropical island waters colored Toa looked to Stannis from the plushie, his compulsion to one up the Toa of Stone seemingly evaporated. He forgot to add emotion to his voice, so occupied was his mind, “Is it true that the Shadowed One is gone? If it’s not, I’ll be needing that Ruru back.” He didn't realize he had once idolized the Shadowed One like he now idolized Aurax, but he still knew he had a job to finish that had been put on halt for hundreds of years while he had been in stasis.

"It is true," Stannis said, not quite understanding why it had any importance to Saybo. Slowly, and with care, he peeled the Ruru off his face and passed it back to Saybo, momentarily revealing the heavy creases and crags once again, though Saybo could look upon them differently than he had before. Now, unlike before, Stannis was something unknowable and a facet of his fascination, unlike the half-marked target he'd been prior to the coup. "This is yours regardless, though—my thanks." He took the Kanohi Haonga back gently as well and applied it to his face, upon which it fell perfectly and clacked into place. The plushie, however, got less than a passing glance; Stannis could not recall it in his forgetfulness, and if it possessed any importance to him he could not place it, and so he wrote it off for the moment as another oddity. 

(Now the real work begins.)

In a rush, he felt his powers return to him as the Great Haonga resynchronized itself to his body in ways the powerless Ruru could not, and with a funny se nation that coursed from his face down his spine it felt as though a part of him had returned from whence it belonged. The mask hadn't agreed with Saybo because it was as much a part of Stannis as his arms or legs, an extension of a being who was far beyond the comprehensions of the other people in the room. Out of all of them, only Saybo and Oreius could fathom a glimmer of his nature, ancient and eldritch in companion to their pre-destined lives. It wasn't a bad thing, really, he considered—he'd lived so long as something, someone, apart from the others, a phantom who courted the radar but never drew himself to a fullness that could be detected, not by Mata-Nui the aspect of Death, or by even Axonn the arbiter of truth. Stannis, or rather the man who pretended to be Stannis, was furtive and denied his real identity for as long as he lived in the company of the Builders. 

He was loathe to express his true self, hindered as it was in his mortal body, a concept Oreius knew well enough to hate; Stannis, or rather he who had become Stannis, had—after all—expressed unnatural remorse over the pain he exacted upon the Once-Brother. Emotions were not the way of an Aspect, even though they were the reason for their existence. Dreams, as a matter of their existence, were emotive to the core and extensions of the truest depths of an individual's evocative truths. It hadn't been a sense of regret that had possessed Stannis to do what he did to Oreius all those years ago, it was Oreius' wish, a wish to be free to do as he willed with his beloved, a foundational feeling, an expression of love that defied the will of Destiny.

Oreius' leyline oof Fate had, up until that point, gone elsewhere. Stannis changed that with a prayer. 

The Wanderer looked towards Aurax again and could see his leyline as well—it had already been extinguished but had reappeared... elsewhere. In his mind's eye, Aurax had already been vanquished, yet by Stannis' own interference that line towards an inevitable Destiny had been redrawn and Aurax's ending remained the same yet the concept of When had changed. 

"The age of Pridak is over," he announced without fanfare. "The war against the Matoran is over. I am... tired. Friends, go; Metru-Koro will need allies to help rebuild, and my old friend Turaga Sans has perished. Whether you consider it home now or not, it is as much of a home as we will ever have on this world. You doubtless have questions, some to which I have answers, but now is not the time. Go, and leave me to perform the last rites on a man who did his Duty. 

"There will be answers later. For now, go, and rebuild." His wizened grey eyes pleaded to the others. It was not a mere request but a grave command, and Stannis hoped he held the trust of everyone (minus the Once-Brother) sufficiently to influence them to leave the chamber. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak (Big Dead), Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

 

"It is true," Stannis said.

So the news he was given had been the truth after all. Saybo held the Ruru in one hand, the plushie in the other. Both items now devoid of purpose. They were just weight in his hands or in his backpack, nothing more.

No. There was something more. Both items had been handled by Stannis at one point. Stannis, a being only Aurax could truly comprehend. And in that case, the items were invaluable due to Stannis’ disturbing nature and the mystery surrounding it. One couldn’t know the mysteries that might lie in either item.

Stannis… his face took on new meaning when Saybo saw it once more. Before he had thought Stannis needed to replace several mechanical pieces that had grown old and worn, but now Saybo had no idea what was holding the Toa of Stone together, so decrepit was the visage. Surely it wasn’t just organic protodermis alone that kept his body moving.

Stannis was a puzzle Saybo wasn’t sure could be solved by just introspection and observation, though. No, it would require more than he was potentially able to accomplish.

Saybo returned both items to his backpack, taking a swig from his water bottle. The chains holding his Miru on his neck clanked softly at the movement. The room reeked of war and death, no doubt doubly so because he was sitting so close to the defeated Pridak.

Saybo noted his injuries still seemed to be healing themselves. That was good. It meant Aurax’s injuries would still be slowly healing as well.

A few moments after donning his mask, Stannis spoke with depth of severity that was lost on Saybo, though he knew what the tone would likely cause the others to do.

"The age of Pridak is over," Stannis announced. "The war against the Matoran is over. I am... tired. Friends, go; Metru-Koro will need allies to help rebuild, and my old friend Turaga Sans has perished. Whether you consider it home now or not, it is as much of a home as we will ever have on this world. You doubtless have questions, some to which I have answers, but now is not the time. Go, and leave me to perform the last rites on a man who did his Duty. 

"There will be answers later. For now, go, and rebuild."

Ah, “friends”. Saybo was exempt from the command. The wording also implied the receptionist, that fire Toa who had been fighting that other fire Toa, and of course Aurax, who now rightfully sat atop his throne, were all left out as well. The Toa of Water continued to sit beside Stannis and the body of Pridak, awaiting any orders the Great Being Aurax might issue to him.
 

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruin of Air 
"Indeed. Unfortunately in the disrepair of centuries it seems I am truly unable to operate most defenses within this temple. Even the firewall is down here. Most unpleasant," the Administrator replied. "I see you have collected another local to assist you. Most peculiar how they seem to be drawn to you. Is it your dark teachings that tempt weaker minds? How do you heretics grow in number so quickly? I'm fascinated by your ineffable abilities of conversion. It's almost as if the natural order of your world is nullification.

Nevermind my observations. I am lonely and have infinite time to calculate these problems. You have little time to calculate a smaller problem: you say you want to find the taboos inside. Well, another one of your kind arrived earlier and left empty-handed. They vanished soon after they arrived. How fickle you fools are."

Ooc:
@Sparticus147, @Burnmad, @Nato the Traveler, @Eyru

  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Base of Irnakk's Tooth

"Ah, I suppose I neglected to mention, when you first brought it up: This island is also called Zakaz."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Conway

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

Morangad did not know where this strange voice was coming from, but he could sense that it was talking about him.

"...And just who the curse.png.6c14a8d85d86cfaf16e0a3820a9a0134.png are you?" He retorted, uttering curses so long unused that only Apex and the Administrator had any chance of recognizing them.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

  • Like 1

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins 

"Fickle fools? That seems impolite," Whisper had trailed after Morongad at a more leisurely pace, arriving in time to pick up the tail end of the Administrator's remarks. "I am Whisper. What do I call you, and why do you harbour such disdain for our kind?" 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

When the Administrator spoke again, Apex nearly ignored the disembodied voice, not caring to hear what they had to say, till they began to preach to Apex the natural orders of things. Whirling back up towards the ceiling, Apex nearly spoke out to the Administrator, a hot temper nearly once again coming to boil over, till Morangad spoke out.

"...And just who the curse.png.6c14a8d85d86cfaf16e0a3820a9a0134.png are you?"

For a moment, Apex's mind whirred as it tried to fully understand what Morangad had said, but the best she was able to recall from her shadow idled mind was that apparently what Morangad had said was once obscenely offensive and seldom said. That brought a genuine smile to Apex's face and helped alleviate her growing rage, as she appreciated knowing that another being seemed to have the same mutual disdain for the Administrator as she had.

"Thank you Morangad for that, someone had to say it I'm sure..." Pausing for a brief moment, Apex took note of Whisper, who had come up from behind Morangad, "Oh yes, you, little shadowling. Morangad, we have no time to waste. Thankfully, our prize should still dwell within these ruins, and although I might not remember what exactly it looked like, I'm sure you'll recognize it on sight."

Lumbering past the pool, Apex took another second to appreciate the white blossom within it before making her way towards the right corridor, taking a brief moment of pleasure to knock the dead skakdi's corpse onto its side. Craning her neck over her shoulder, Apex quickly called back out to Morangad, "I shall seek it down this corridor, I recommend you take the opposite one. If you find it, call out to me...And guard it with your life." With that less than ominous order, Apex began her way down the right hallway.

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

"Ah, I suppose I neglected to mention, when you first brought it up: This island is also called Zakaz."

For a long brief moment, Drukarus ruminated upon this news before speaking back up. "Hrmm, it seems that the more and more I learn of this island, the more similarities I find it between my own Zakaz...Granted, this Zakaz does not have as many roving warskaks nor signs of former civilization...But I suppose having Tahtorak's like the ones here would bury much from your past...That is..Something I do not like the idea of at all."

OOC: @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...