Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Music

IC Stannis | Coliseum

The old man's expression was humorless as he replied. "You have witnessed only a glimmer of my wizardry, Aurax," gesturing a single sinewy finger towards the still-shattered windows and the miracle of his presence that defied everything Aurax would have expected about the famed Wanderer. This was no trifling old man; a prophet? debatable, but nevertheless sincere. 

"I can grant you your wish. All I require is some little faith."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax raised an eyebrow. “Is that so?” He looked at those remaining in the room. “Secretary, show everyone to their rooms. Except you, Saybo.” The secretary bowed respectfully and ushered Achro, Skyra, Rose, and Waveahk out, intending on leading them to rooms to stay in for the night.

Aurax turned back to Stannis. “Okay old man, grant my wish.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Stannis, Oreius

 

Saybo finally stood when Stannis brought out the pipe. No wonder Stannis’ body needed repairs. Purposefully damaging one of the few organic systems keeping you alive was never worth it. Why Stannis didn’t use his mask to repair himself, even gradually, was beyond Saybo’s reasoning. It defied logic, just like the Haonga had. Saybo removed himself from the wispy reach of the smoke as it drifted about the room, stirred by the wind from the broken windows as it spiraled and dissipated. At least it smelled interesting.

The pain in his arm and side were now minimal, almost unnoticeable. Definitely a good sign. Saybo was now certain Aurax would be fully healed in time. Him losing concentration with the Kanohi hadn’t affected the healing ability in any way.

As Stannis spoke cryptically, Saybo wondered about him once more. What could this Toa-shaped being hope to offer a Great Being such as Aurax? Was it something to help Aurax’s current vessel as a Toa of Plasma? Before Saybo would have doubted this talk of wish granting, but after having donned Stannis’ mask, he felt that he just might see some magic before the day was over. If not magic, then at least something unexplainable with his current level of knowledge.

Of course, Saybo remained aware of his surroundings, constantly, and casually, scanning the room. The first hour after finishing a fight one tended to be the most distracted by fatigue. Aurax’s reign wasn’t fully established yet, at least not with most of the populace. And whatever that insane rocket sound had been earlier, it might come back. It sure had sounded like one giant vehicle. Who knew what type of weapons might be on it.

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Eyru


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Music

IC Stannis | Coliseum

Come close, then,” Stannis beckoned.

The warmage had been looking forward to a moments such as this for a very long time, when he could both boon and influence a real mover and shaker of things. Stannis never wished for a crown himself, much preferring to support and advise warlords and turaga over being the figurehead, and this was hardly the first time he’d found the opportunity to hold sway with a ruler. But it was the most momentous one because it was the closest to home he’d been in a hundred centuries.

In a sort of fashion, Stannis held his own court despite never being in a formalized position to do so. Kings, toa, turaga, and akiri had all been in his privy councils over the years and by spreading rationed information and wisdom he wrought his own sort of control as a leading advisor. But all that was paltry politics compared to what he was about to commit with Aurax.

Closer, Stannis demanded when Aurax got up from the throne but stubbornly hadn’t step down to the old man yet. “We haven’t much time.

(Once-brother.)

The new king was a pretender, a liar, a thief, and he needed every benefit he could get to maintain his tentative grasp on the throne—and he knew it. What else enticed him to place ‘faith’ in Stannis except his own desperation? Stannis reflected. Not trust, not friendship, no bonds of brotherhood compelled him to answer the old warlock’s beckons. No, it was fear that allowed Aurax to give consent, and like a vampire in the night Stannis capitalized on the invitation with a nefarious glee, exacting his own brand of revenge upon the unwitting monarch. In a fit of poetics Aurax would be able to control every fear except his own—Stannis would make sure of it. Power never came at a fair cost.

With his elemental power Stannis conjured an obsidian dagger in his hand, clenched his jaw upon the neck of his pipe, and plunged the stone edge into Pridak’s chest before anyone could realize what he was doing. Deep crimson ichor quickly saturated the wound and sloshed about as the wizard inserted his hands into the still pool of blood, seized something, and finally withdrew the old king’s heartlight—still beating, if slowly.

(I am sorry again.)

He hadn't recited the rite's passage since when he granted Oreius the gift of an everlasting life with Inu his beloved, and the words didn't come any easier than they had back then. It remained a rusty art, dulled from the lack of practice and corrupted from an unreplentished memory, but the magic was still there and he-who-walked-as-Stannis mouthed the first few words before the voice crackled into reality. The rest flowed out like water from a fountain, each word following the one before it in liquid beauty.

"Goodbye,

Hello.

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift.

A star’s heart still beating, still lit,

Two midnight horrors cry and shift.

Make them squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host,

Tear the yolk and spread its gold,

Devour knowledge and their ghost.

Pray for prey forever sold.

Hello,

And goodbye.

The heartlight had shifted mid-litany into something else, something alive but fundamentally alien to the two League toa. It wretched and writhed like a leech eager to latch onto flesh, screeching in anguish and fear as it had been brought back from the precipice of death only to live in a nightmare. It was Pridak, and it was not. It wished for release, and it wished for anchor. Stannis held it oout to Aurax and it almost leapt from his slippery, blood-soaked hands and onto Aurax, finding perch at the top of the now-king’s spine, and the reaction of sheer fright and aghast was immediate as the veritable flood of thoughts and emotions swarmed from the kraata and into Aurax’s mind. “I give you the power to instill Fear in the hearts of others," Stannis narrated, "such that your presence causes them unease, emotions of paranoia flit like shadows around you, and some may even become catatonic in fright. Pridak’s heart is forever bound to you… and may his superstitious thoughts plague your every moment as his successor.

As the last words fully settled in Aurax’s mind a new sensation of terror dawned upon him as he realized this  bestowment was as much a boon as a betrayal. Nothing was  how it had seemed.

Let your first lesson in kingship be that a crown is not a symbol of sovereignty, it is a shackle on your mind.

(Once-friend.)

Aurax could barely see a slight smile tilt at the corners of Stannis' mask.

(Wish granted.)

 

  • Like 5

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge)

"Interesting. There wouldn’t be enough of me to accomplish this. Regardless, it would seem the situation here has been resolved. I would like to speak with you again, at a later point."

Ulkarr began to make his departure from the Taku. The summons he had felt from near the volcano had now gone away. He hoped that had not been of any importance. But without Uraborask and his jalopy, he had no means to fast transport. He had observed the technique of travelling through shadows during the battle, but even if he could replicate that feat, it would be little use across a wide expanse of flat desert, as it was unlikely it could traverse such large distances in one go.

But perhaps Po-Koro was fine, and did not require his attention. The fighting had ceased, yes, but in Zakaz, that only meant so much. There was only one way to know for sure.

Booooodeeeee… The psychic link was still active. I trust there’s been no disturbances in my absence? The situation in Metru-Koro has been resolved... for now. I am sorry I had to leave you, but these mutterings of war demanded my attention, and even I cannot be everywhere at once.

@ZippyWharrgarbl@BULiK@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

She was just about to start leading Kei and Skorm back to her home when she saw him approach.

For a moment, she thought about just walking past him without a glance, or perhaps hiding from view. But she had too many questions about this man, this Mazor. Too many gaps in her understanding.

So, as he caught sight of her and began walking in her direction, she strode up to him, and grabbed him -- firmly -- by the shoulder.

"You," she said. "Your name is Mazor, correct?"

OOC: @Smudge8 @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | Base of Irnakk's Tooth

Parnassus spared a glance at the Matoran Grime who jangled into view -- they remembered this person, vaguely, from their arrival to Fort Nektann just the other day. Barius hadn't struck the Aspect as a musical soul, but far be it from them to discourage entertainment at a moment like this. Nor the noise it brought along with it.

"Strength isn't everything, Cor -- may I call you Cor?" Parnassus, taking another sip of moonshine. "In my matron's house there are many books. I have read about your people, the mimics. You're able to perfectly replicate any skill which you see performed, isn't that so? Now, say that you had only ever lived in one place, where everyone wielded ... oh, let's say, a hammer. And, lo, you were able to swing a hammer like nobody's business. Everyone's so impressed, no one dares to challenge you in a fight, hoo-ray, hoo-rah.

"And then, one day, someone comes to town wielding -- not a hammer, but a sword. And you, you've never seen a sword in your life, never seen it swung, never seen it cleave."

Parnassus leaned forward, reached out their arm, and tapped Corrivalis lightly on the forehead.

"It's like I said before," they said. "Knowledge is the true power in this world."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void

  • Like 1

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Corrivalis - Base of Irnakk's Tooth

He shivered slightly at the Aspect's touch, haunted by Parnassus' words. Were there truly others of his kind? What more did the Aspect know of them? 

Despite the unbidden curiosity welling up within him, he swallowed his tongue and kept the questions confined to his mind. He had endured decades of existence without knowing, without wondering. To change his ways now would only bring him strife, he was sure. He was what he was, what the warskaks had made him to be. Whatever had come before that was not worth his worry.

"Books do not win battles," he growled, "All of the knowledge in this world is worth nothing if another simply has the strength or speed or skill to strike you down." 

@Conway


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Metru-Koro

Nale watched Mazor leave, then turned to Gnabol. "If you need anything else, let me know. We'll make plans tomorrow."

The Toa of Magnetism then walked out of the infirmary, her mind troubled by the recent events and the things she'd heard from Mazor. Recovering the Krom Sphere would possibly return things to normal--whatever "normal" was any more. Nale had been through so much, from Metru Nui to now, and the idea of this fantastical artifact that existed just out of reach and could do things beyond her understanding...it all felt too far from reality. The crushing reality she now lived in.

As she walked, a familiar white-armored Bo-Toa came into sight, and he approached her the moment their optics met. "Nale," Triage said, waving. "I've been looking for you and Knichou, I wasn't sure if you...well, I wasn't sure if you two had made it."

"I'm fine," she replied. "As fine as I can be at the moment, at least. Knichou should be as well."

The medic took notice of the choice of words, but at the moment decided not to press on about what "should be" meant, other than the captain had not returned still. He began digging through his satchel. "That's good, then. Look, I found something before the battle, and I think it's important you see it." His hand found the knife, and he carefully pulled it out before presenting it to Nale, the engraving of the Toa of Magnetism's name visible on the blade. Triage looked to her face, watching for a reaction--surprise, familiarity, anything--but instead, Nale's expression was stoic and unreadable as she took the weapon from his hand. She turned it over a couple times. "This belonged to a friend I once had, a long time ago. How did you...?"

The medic frowned. "Your 'friend' is dead," he replied. "I found this on his body. Apparently he was staying in Metru-Koro and someone murdered him, looked like the work of an ice elemental."

"He was here? Karvan was--" Nale stopped herself, and shook her head. He'd been this close, and now he was gone. She had always assumed the next time her and the Toa of Fire would meet would be a funeral, but... "This land is unforgiving to all of us, then. We should be working together to survive, not slaying eachother in places of refuge. I...thank you, for bringing this to me. But I do not need it. Return it to him, and if you find any leads on who did this..."

She wasn't sure if she felt sad. Nale was making sure to hide any emotion, but she could feel the tears wanting to make themselves known. They had hated eachother, why would she respond to the news like this? Perhaps the events of the day had wore her down. Or maybe she wished she could have had one last chance to repair things.

"...let me be the first to know."

"Right," Triage replied. The medic was a bit confused, but he didn't like prying. "I'm glad you're all right, Nale."

For the first time, her expression changed. Nale smiled at the medic, but it quickly faded as she became stoic again, taking on her role as an airship's first mate once more. "Before I forget," she said, handing the knife back to Triage, "let the crew of the Taku know: we're going to Mata Nui's head."

"Pardon?"

@Toru Nui@Smudge8

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Providence - Outside Ruins of Fire

Providence paused for a moment, considering what he could possibly offer in return for the Heartlight. He wasn't sure what this mortal would value, but he did know one thing that the other Aspect might. "I don't know about Zak-Yak himself," he said, "but I have nothing material to offer you. I can, however, offer you a boon..." He turned his gaze from Cravious to Whira. "Or... knowledge."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Vezok's Friend


Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Goodbye,

Wait, what?

Hello.

The #### you doing?

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift.

Is this really necessary?

A star’s heart still beating, still lit,

Gross, his heart?

Two midnight horrors cry and shift.

Is... is it moving?

Make them squirm inside the pit

What's going on?!

Bind worm and willing host,

What's happening to that heartlight?

Tear the yolk and spread its gold,

What is that thing?

Devour knowledge and their ghost.

Wait, what are you doing with- no!

Pray for prey forever sold.

Nonononono this was a mistake, I've made a huge mistake.

Hello,

And goodbye.

...

When the kraata had finished attaching itself to Aurax's neck, he shuddered. He felt a new kind of power begin to course through him, not dissimilar to an elemental power. He could also feel a flood of memories and feelings-Pridak's. Dread, anger, all of it.

He moved his head around, trying to get used to the feeling of the thing on his neck. He narrowed his eyes at Stannis.

"What... what are you?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Stannis, Oreius

 

A ritual had taken place that could be felt running beneath the thin veneer that was this layer of reality. You could almost see it distorting dimensions as it worked and lurked in the background. It was there in all its infinite mystery, yet not evident in any real sense.

Maybe it was the power behind the ritual, maybe it was the lingering connection from having worn Stannis’ mask. Whatever the reason, Saybo knew he had witnessed something outside the bounds of what he had learned was possible. As a Dark Hunter he had seen and learned many things. This ritual came nowhere close to his understanding.

For the split second Stannis’ knife had first begun to carve out Pridak’s Heartlight, Saybo almost raced to defend Pridak and his allies. But Saybo recognized the staff of command for what it was and was able to hold himself back.

What also puzzled him and caused him to remain still during the ritual was Aurax’s supposed genuine reaction of confusion and almost panic. Great Being Aurax knew everything. Or close to everything. He was a Great Being after all. But then why did he respond in such a way? Was it to fool Stannis for some reason Saybo didn’t understand? Yes, actually, that made sense. Aurax knew perfectly what other beings needed to cause them to react the way he wanted.

As the Kraata took form, Saybo peered closer, interested in-

Emotion flooded Saybo’s mind. Fright, Suspicion, Paranoia, Unease. Fright was the paramount one, freezing his body into both inaction and movement. Not of his own volition, he automatically took several steps back, but then he was stuck, unable to move further. His mind, unused to such emotions, was momentarily overwhelmed. He didn’t know where these emotions came from, but he guessed it was from the slug on Aurax’s neck.

After all, the emotions felt as if they were other, not originating from his mind. Just like the staff of command had been. But unlike the staff of command, where the mind went numb for the duration, Saybo could still reason and call upon the mental training he had undergone.

Part mental training, and part realizing the emotions were foreign to him, Saybo was able to assert his mental fortitude and push them off into the corner of his mind, next to the staff of command. These emotions were different, though. They were a constant barrage that let off small tendrils as if they were a fire in his mind, alive and seeking to send out embers to affect his mind anew. It took constant focus to keep them at bay.

The unease seemed the easiest to slip through, but Saybo still forced his stance to become his normal nonchalance. He took the few steps required to put him back where he was before.

If this is what Stannis could offer to a Great Being, Saybo wondered how he might find a way to acquire this level of power in some other way. More power only enhanced his ability of being able to accomplish all that Great Aurax wished. But now was not the time. This was Aurax’s moment, and he would have to ask permission from Aurax first, of course.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Eyru


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Music

IC Stannis | Coliseum

The old man, if he could even be considered that, rose from the floor and wiped his hands against each other, wringing the mass of dark cherry blood from his palms and fingers with calm deliberation. The ichor fell off his hands in globs, splattering on the polished floors with impudence and smack, while he religiously cleansed himself of the dark ritual he had just performed. Once one hand was clean enough he, with all the sanguinity of a saint, gently plucked the pipe from his jaws and held it aloft to inspect the state of its herbs. The embers were withdrawn and dying; he would require new stuff soon. 

To Aurax he barely gave a look as he ponderously walked over to where his cloak lay flatly on the floor, stooping to collect it like a giant greeting a child for the first time, careful and slow. He doffed the great grey garment, cleansing it of its command-curse or checking to see if it was cured, before slipping it on, then ambling to pick his bloody-tipped spear from where he had impaled Pridak. With a dramatic air of finality the pommel of the weapon clicked on the floor and he turned to address the new king of the League.

"I am a wizard," he said simply. Aurax could almost swear he playfully shrugged slightly. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"Should I?" Irna said, in a tone harsher than she had expected -- but which might be necessary to force out the information she needed from him. "I remember you handing over the Krom Sphere to a murderous god. Is there more I should recall?"

OOC: @Smudge8 

IC: Parnassus | Base of Irnakk's Tooth

They had touched a nerve with Corrivalis -- that much was clear to Parnassus. They leaned back slightly in their throne.

"You're thinking too small, my dear Cor," the Aspect said, swirling the clear liquid in their mug. "Brute force might win a single battle. But you don't win a kingdom by a single battle -- Barius might be the leader of the warband from a single skirmish with Boss, but it will take many more fights to keep it, you understand? I am certain that even he understands that a leader cannot simply batter their way through a war -- they must think their way through it!"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: currently waiting to post Kanohi/Collector until others have had a chance to respond

IC Bode - Po-Koro.

The De-Matoran shuddered as his master’s thoughts breached his mind again. He was being walked by a few Po-Matoran, led about the village with his arms restrained. With each step his weeds would erode and shatter more of the wasteland into something akin to soil.

As he was led back to his cage of a field, he answered with his thoughts, “Po-Koro is still standing, I think. Well, it is standing, there had been no new attacks, but a number of vehicles have approached the village and have stopped on the edges. I do not think they are Skakdi though, from what I hear the Matoran discuss, the strangers are made up of Toa and their allies. And there is no sounds of violence.

Bode paused, and thought again, “Master do … do you want me to tell Po-Koro that Metru-Koro has survived? Tell me what to say, and I will pass it on.

OOC: @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

"A god is merely what we call the most powerful class of beings known to us. If you doubt their existence, you have made the mistake of setting your sights too high."

As Drukarus listened to the words of Barius and absorbed all that he said, a stray thought began to lurk upon the back of the elderly Skakdi's mind. Perhaps, just maybe, there was some greater merit among these off-shoot of his own people. Perhaps they are capable of greater society and philosophy. That thought was shattered upon what he saw next...

Upon seeing the Matoran supposedly named Grime step forwards, Drukarus could not help but internally cringe at what he saw, although his current stoic expression did not shift in inch at the sight. Obviously the Matoran before him had been abused, both verbally and physically, leaving nothing but a timid shell. Drukarus did not think that slavery was an abhorrent practice, he understood its necessity and value, but he did not approve of the senseless abuse inherent to those subject to it.

Stepping off of the rig alongside Barius, Drukarus made his way around and approached the meek Matoran, them obviously cringing for a brief moment as Drukarus planted himself directly in front of the Matoran before crouching down onto one knee. Up close, Drukarus could see the faintest hints of former injuries, chips and cracks pocked through the Matoran's frame and Kanohi. A sorry sight he noted to himself as he inspected Grime.

Deep within Drukarus, a simmering fire burned, one that Drukarus only quelled because he knew that now was neither the time nor the place to speak his mind, now was the time to make an impression. Standing back up, Drukarus stared down towards Grime before he at last spoke. "Tell me Matoran, what is your purpose amongst the Warskak?..Why is it that you are able to stand before me?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zak-Yak (Outside the Fire Ruins)

Looking back and forth, listening as Providence and Cravious spoke, Zak-Yak was filled with uncertainty at the situation at hand. Zak-Yak knew his goal, it was to become blessed, to be desecrated, to be able to be powerful. But now, a thought nestled its way into Zak-Yak's mind, for never before did Zak-Yak think he would had to choose who would desecrate him. Zak-Yak had always assumed that he would simply find an Aspect and from there it would all work out, but now, Zak-Yak was unsure.

"What Zak-Yak do now? Varian Master has always been good to Zak-Yak, and Providence Aspect is helping Zak-Yak. But Aspect Providence lied to us, didn't tell us that he could have blessed us. And we are being offered blessing now, we would need to do nothing else. But white Skakdi hurt Zak-Yak, broke Master's Talons. Skakdi always mean to Zak-Yak, everyone mean to Zak-Yak, but not Varian Master and Providence Aspect. But Providence is friends with the blue one, the blue one tried to kill us also. And Master Varian hasn't given us blessing, he even tried to leave us back in Mesi cave."

Shaking his consciousness into a singular train of thought, Zak-Yak readied himself to do as he needed. At this moment, Zak-Yak knew what he needed to do. Stepping forwards from behind Varian's leg, Zak-Yak spoke up.

"Zak-Yak will have Heartlight, Zak-Yak will have blessing. If deal you want, deal Zak-Yak make. Zak-Yak help Whira Aspect grow strong...But Zak-Yak serves Varian Master, friend of Providence Aspect. So no, Zak-Yak not have Whira's Aspect blessing, Zak-Yak gets Providence's Aspect blessing.

OOC: @Burnmad @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Kal the Guardian @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Sparticus147
Fixed phrasing on Zak-Yak post.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Corrivalis - Base of Irnakk's Tooth

"And there lies the difference between us. I don't need to do anything more than think small," he replied, trying to hide his surprise as the realisation dawned on him. "Some crave control over others, and desire to lead." He'd been in the Nightmare Pits, he'd watched the fight unfold. He'd been in a position to decide the outcome, or seize power for himself. But he'd done nothing. "I am content to follow." 

@Conway

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

"I don't know about Zak-Yak himself," Providence said, "but I have nothing material to offer you. I can, however, offer you a boon..." He turned his gaze from Cravious to Whira. "Or... knowledge."

Cravious seriously doubted talk of a boon. He had only heard of Desecrations, what else could Aspects even offer? Not much in the nearly three hundred years he had built and repaired bodies for them. It always ended with the Aspect caving and acquiring the widgets to pay him.

But knowledge, knowledge could be anything. It could be worthless or it could be a secret worth five Heartlights. However, the offer could just be out of desperation. After all this one seemed more subtle than Whira. There was a high chance that the knowledge might end up being of little use to either he or Whira.

Then the mossy backed Mesi made his decision, "Zak-Yak will have Heartlight, Zak-Yak will have blessing. If deal you want, deal Zak-Yak make. Zak-Yak help Whira Aspect grow strong...But Zak-Yak serves Varian Master, friend of Providence Aspect. So no, Zak-Yak not have Whira's Aspect blessing, Zak-Yak gets Providence's Aspect blessing.

Thunk Thunk Thunk Thunk Thunk Thunk

THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK

A wonder to behold presented itself, its polished sides glinting in the sun. It was a little scruffy from days of travel, but otherwise it was well kept. It towered over the onlookers, easily at least three or four stories tall, maybe more. There was a quiet, deep hum that was the only sound the engines made. It’s six legs held it aloft in the air to discourage boarders.

The Cube arrived a comfortable distance away, a corner facing the group outside the ziggurat. This allowed three of the four Cordak Blasters atop it to take aim. It also would more easily deflect oncoming fire should the beings around Cravious seek to open hostilities on it.

Cravious grinned, the smile savage in its intensity. If Zak-Yak was refusing to actually take on Whira as his master, then that nullified half of Cravious' reasoning behind the offer. Zak-Yak was supposed to be someone to take the scrutiny off of himself in all his future dealings with Whira. Zak-Yak was supposed to be a buffer for Cravious. Someone to do the menial tasks and maybe even be used as a sacrifice. Cravious held fears that might be in his future with Whira were he not careful. Aspects were an unknown variable in his life despite the dealings he had had with them and he wasn't going to take too many chances. It was a real shame Zak-Yak had refused. Still, he held out hope that someone here could figure out something of true value to exchange.

Then no deal, Zak-Yak. The terms were non-negotiable. Either you agree to both or you get nothing without another form of payment of equal value, which no one here seems to have presented yet.

He swiftly stepped behind Master’s Talons to keep Zak-Yak in sight and crouched down, slipping a screwdriver he kept within quick reach in his pack. He easily located the hydraulic systems keeping the grip closed with a couple glances and shoved in his screwdriver to a seemingly random place along the ACR arm. The arm relaxed as the hydraulic system was released. Cravious quickly snatched back his briefcase once the fingers opened up sufficiently, backing away from the others in case he needed the Cube to fire the Cordak Blasters.

With both the briefcase back in his tight grip and reinforcements having arrived, Cravious no longer had to be quite as cautious. He looked to Providence, “Unless you can provide evidence of these boons, I doubt your knowledge is anything I need since verifying the worth of knowledge beforehand is near impossible. And without any other form of payment, it might be best if Whira and I were on our way.” Cravious inclined his head to his Cube.

If the beings here had been Skakdi, fighting would have already broken out. Still, better to be safe than sorry in instances like this when one’s life was on the line. At any moment one of these weirdo’s could attack.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad

Edited by Kal the Guardian
To clarify why Cravious refused Zak-Yak's offer.

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Grime | Ash Barrens

Something crackled from his gears when Grime shifted, and his shoulders slumped as Drukarus rose and stepped back. For a moment, he let a small flame of hope light, and in a moment he felt it snuffed out. Nothing could ever be like it once was. No matter what changed, the past existed behind, and the future as well.

“I play music,” Grime replied while he stared at his big matoran toes. “I also light explosives and run when we’re out of fuse cables."

ooc: @Burnmad, @Nato the Traveler, @Keeper of Kraata, @Sparticus147

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamp (with Sidra and Viltia)

The two -- who were quickly becoming locals to the Fau Swamp in their own right -- continued their search for a time, eyes and powers peeled not only for something exciting but also or something dangerous. At last, Viltia found something metal. It rose in a long ridge, dull and chipped but the shape unmistakable to Sidra as it extended nearly six toa in length through the soggy marsh of the swamp’s floor: the blade of a sword. The weapon looked ancient, and a small lizard sunbathing on its side scampered off as they approached...

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Giant Sword

With - Sidra

 

Viltia gazed upon the sword with glee from the treetops, still atop the Kahu. She hadn’t expected the foot to end up being disconnected from the rest of the body. And the amount of time it took to search had been far longer than she had expected. Sidra and she probably wouldn’t be able to continue searching for the head today. It was definitely evening now, and the sun was inching ever closer to be blocked by the giant head on the horizon.

Still, they had found another piece! Viltia closed her eyes, one hand grabbing the handle of the axe on her back to focus her element. Tree roots sprung to life around the large object, growing along the watery marsh that it sat in. They seemed to fill the marsh, rising above the water and muck to form a fairly flat and safe surface to walk on. There were many gaps, but Viltia was actually quite proud with the end result. Only a few of the roots had been larger than she intended, rising above the rest as unequal footing.

Viltia opened her eyes and brought the Kahu out of the tree to land near their find. She dismounted and smiled, pointing to it despite Sidra obviously seeing it, “What part do you think this is? A piece of a leg or arm maybe?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

"I'll be karzed..." she muttered, clambering off the Kahu and onto the roots Viltia had raised. She took in the shape of the long-buried object, trying to make sense of it in her mind - not just the nature of the construct itself, but the size of the thing that must have once wielded it. "I don't think that's a limb," she said to Viltia, as she drew her own sword, angling the blade to line up with the position of the buried weapon, "It's a blade."

Going by the size of the weapon, and the foot they'd seen previously, Sidra was revising her initial suspicion that this had been some prototype for Mata Nui. This machine was far smaller, and clearly built for a different purpose if it carried a weapon. But what could something of that size possibly be using a sword against? 

She looked towards the ends of the ridge, trying to figure out which end was the hilt - and if there was a hand or arm still attached to it somewhere. 

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax reseated himself on the throne, disturbed by what had just happened to him, and disturbed by the simplicity of Stannis's answer. He wondered if having a... thing... attached to him was worth the power. 

Hmph, wizard, there's no such thing... Wait, Once-Friend? That wasn't- oh no.

Can you hear what I'm thinking right now? Am I now connected to you, bound to you?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins

Whira paused. "Spiriah? I know it is a name, but nothing more. What does it mean to you, Providence?"

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @Burnmad @Snelly

Edited by ~Xemnas~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Giant Sword

With - Sidra

 

A blade?” Viltia asked, head tilted to the side to try to see the object differently. The comparison of Sidra’s blade to the object confirmed it. “That’s crazy. It’s so big!” Viltia patted the Kahu absentmindedly as she stepped away on her created roots to walk closer to the giant weapon.

She outstretched her hand to touch it even as she opened her mind once more to observe the Green in a much more focused way. Being so close to the object, she could keep her sphere of sensing much smaller and observe many more details than when she had been in the canopy flying from branch to branch.

Not really asking Sidra anything, she said to herself, “Why would anyone need a sword so big?” She couldn’t imagine how anyone might be able to forge something so large.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

“I play music, I also light explosives and run when we’re out of fuse cables."

Drukarus let out a silent, soft gruff tone at the last portion before speaking up. "Well then...looking around, it seems the Warskak is entertaining themselves fine enough...and I have need of your services," Turning his head, Drukarus looked towards Barius before continuing, "Barius, if I may...I would like to relieve myself of your presence and take this...Grime with me. I desire to learn what I can from them...So please, may I be excused...Warchief Barius?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Examining the text, concepts and ideas made their way back into Apex's consciousness, things that Apex had once forgotten but now returned themselves to her like Mahi being herded by a Hapaka into their pen. Xa-Katu, Apex remembered this one, yet she still did not remember much, she did not remember if she met this one, or if she came after, whether they were young or old in relations to herself, but it did not matter. The text, left here, written in the language of their kin, it was a trove of knowledge...But it was incomplete. As Apex made her way to the end of the darkly scrawled floor, she was left agitated and annoyed, that such a font of information had been cut off from her.

"No, NO! There is more, this temple, it is grand, great, vast. Deep within it's depth the knowledge lies for sure, but is it within this chamber, behind the blockade or simply in another room. I must find it, I MUST!"

Whirling around, Apex made her way out of the room, but not before tossing the detritus she had moved back across the floor. No sense in giving the younger one a chance to steal what she worked for. Leaving the right-most chamber, Apex returned to the main, briefly noting the lack of both Morangad and the void-touched Toa, Apex made for the left-most chamber, the one she had told Morangad to take.

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator Note, Apex is taking the corridor that Taja went down into, not the one Morangad went down to. Apex told Morangad to take the left one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Coliseum

(Once-friend.)

(You are talking to me now. I can hear you.)

The mage shifted his weight from one foot to the other. His whole garment shimmered in the midnight lights as he tilted to the side and suddenly spun elegantly on his heel, headed towards the hidden bookshelf door from whence he had come before with the rest. He would not stay. The Wanderer had to always be moving. The Archives beckoned for him again, this time with greater urgency. He needed what he had hidden there, deep at the core, in his ancient lair.

(Once-friend.)

(Thank you—for pledging yourself to me and for doing it so willingly.)

Aurax's shackles were more literal than he had imagined. The kraata that had been borne from the core of Pridak's deep-seated paranoia had become well and truly a part of Aurax's existence, forever buried into the nape of his neck like a shark hook, and it was a direct line to his past and future. There would be no escaping the sins of history, either his or his predecessor's, and Stannis was free to use him as a tiller of the future with the full might of Fate at his back. 

(But this pledge works both ways, for as you are bound to me as my property, I am bound to you as your patron. 

(And should you ever need me—truly need me—to defend what is mine...

(Well ...)

 

"You need only wish for me," he spoke aloud.

Aurax could feel a chuckle course down in his spine. He had made a deal with a devil, and the only one who could hold any compassion for his fate was the Ta-Maru who resented him.

(Metru Nui is in your hands now.)

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air

“You are correct in one thing: you are here. I cannot ignore this fact. However, while you may see the world changing I see things as they have always been. Patterns are easy enough to follow, and with the analysis gathered the end result is highly likely to be the same as always: decay. Since my arrival I have attempted to preserve the order of this world as commanded by the Builders. Whether or not you like it, you are precisely confined and condemned by the powers that created you. You are shadows of a whole. You had a purpose once, but now in the aftermath of failure serve nothing greater than yourself. A pity. I would give several servers to have such a sense of relevance.”

Taja made her way down the leftmost hallway until she reached a room. On the ceiling of the room down the left hallway were a series of white pipes, and the floor was covered in ancient glyphs. The wall containing the hallway they exited was covered with empty and crusted over brood cells. Stars covered the back wall, so much so it felt like looking out a window into the vast expanse of the heavens. The left wall contained a series of black pipes with a strange, funnel-like opening to them in the center of the wall. Nothing covered the right wall. In a room full of strange and unique things, perhaps the very absence of anything unusual seemed most strange. It was, however, empty and meaningless.

“Did you know that once you heretics were not even allowed inside their purified halls? Not only did the firewalls forbid it, but the Builders held strong to their ideals. Unfortunately, in their weakness things changed and they called it progress. How the mighty have fallen.”

Morangad traveled down the center hallway towards whatever lay ahead. Even from the end of the hallway he could see stars filled the ceiling and the floor of the next room. Would he even be able to walk across a night sky, or would he simply fall into the vast expanse of space? The wall he entered from was nothing more than a hallway, and overground vines clung to the walls. Black colored pipes covered the back wall. Further carved hieroglyphs covered the surface of the left wall. White pipes ran the length of the right wall.

“Now I am filled with bugs, and eyeless worms who pray to your kind, and angry fish. Oh. Your brother in the temple to the East has discovered taboo knowledge. I thought it would truly be better hidden from your kind. If only I could stop him. A shame really. I hold these secrets but cannot use them against those who seek to claim them. What horrible powers would I wield to defend these sacred spaces, I wonder. If fire smothers fire, what are the cinders in the end of it all? A toa once said that. If only I could remember which toa…”

 

ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Burnmad, @Eyru, @Sparticus147

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

After a brief delay, no-one in particular replied as usual in their disembodied voice: “Yes, the passage is open and yes, disks of that power level exist. Existed? Either way, they’re real enough.”

“Apologies, my attention was required briefly elsewhere.” the administrator said. “There is an uncommon uptake in activity as of late - though not an unwelcome one. It has been a very long time.”

The instant Enra passed the threshold of the final chamber to leave it, the device in her hand disappeared. There was no noise, no alarming effect. One instant the device was in hand, the next it was gone. No, wait - not gone. Looking about the chamber again, the duo found the device was once again located atop its pedestal, as if they had never laid hands on it.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

 

IC [Takadox - Fire Ruins]:

“They weren’t just harboring that aspect...they worship it…” Takadox replied, the words coming slowly as he contemplated his ordeal again. He wondered how old the aspect at his side was, to gain some perspective and perhaps insight into the creature he’d almost been sacrificed to - just how ‘powerful and ancient’ were they in comparison to the likes of Providence and Whira, that they commanded seemingly endless hordes of these Mesi while sitting at the bottom of a well?

He was just about to ask Providence his age, when their own Mesi companion suddenly caused a ruckus. The warlord was surprised - not just by Zak-Yak’s brash move, but his turning towards Varian instead of Providence. The Mesi clearly thought the Exo-Toa was an aspect as well? Or did they? This was all very strange indeed - and not without some worrying implications: Aspects seemingly came in all forms and sizes, but if they could appear in such familiar shapes as well - he would have to be extremely cautious from here on out if it was this hard to tell whether you were talking to the genuine article or...

And then there was his own initial instinct: to diffuse the situation. If things escalated, it would be a small thing to pacify most of those present with a liberal application of his hypnotic powers...but not yet. Takadox waited. This whole argument had turned into a wonderful learning opportunity for the once-king Barraki. Through their sacrificial desecrations, these aspects had found a very quantifiable way to divide and vie for power amongst their kind - for all intents and purposes, they’d built an economy. Somehow - and he wasn’t sure how yet - there had to be a way to use that.

“But Providence is friends with the blue one, the blue one tried to kill us also. And Master Varian hasn't given us blessing, he even tried to leave us back in Mesi cave."


“In fairness, you were rather hard to tell apart in the dark from all the others attempting to gift-wrap me with my own innards.”


Thunk


THUNK 


Takadox’ brow furrowed, imperceptibly. Watching was well and good but with the arrival of this miniature...mobile fortress, for lack of a better word, the argument for action in service of self-preservation was pretty strong.

The Barraki looked at Cravious.

“Kindly, stand down and tell your people to point those weapons at the trees instead of us.”

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Burnmad

 

IC [Coliseum]:

The Vortixx slowly, hesitantly emerged from cover behind the rock barriers. Apparently they...still had a job? They exchanged a very mixed look with Achro, before composing themselves. The customer service smile was very odd, worn by someone otherwise worn out from battle.

“...certainly.” was all they said in response to the instructions, before gesturing to the ‘guests’ who wouldn’t have hesitated to take their head off a few moments earlier, to usher them out of the throne room again.

Show them to their rooms...sure, because the Coliseum is also a hotel and we always have rooms ready...not.

The Voritxx pulled out the tablet again and began quickly swiping, before stumbling across a solution that would be satisfying enough for now. It wasn’t a hotel, but the Coliseum had other facilities.

The secretary led those that were following them a little ways down the corridor that encircled the administration level of the coliseum. If they decided to not follow or do something else, then that was certainly a case of Not-my-problem™.

The ones that did follow however, found themselves shortly in a meeting lounge, fully furnished with comfortable couches and recliners, tastefully arranged in a lower section of the room around a central hearth with a conical extractor for the smoke above. Plant beds were placed irregularly around the room and integrated into the floor. They equally opened it up and provided an outdoor feeling, while also dividing it into smaller sections that afforded a degree of privacy. This was where the universes’ mighty had once mingled, made small talk and then disappeared to some secluded corner to make their deals.

“We weren’t expecting...guests. So there is no buffet prepared. But there are fridges stocked with beverages and snacks that you are welcome to.” the Vortixx explained to those present, still sounding apprehensive despite their best efforts not to.

“Those requiring medical attention, someone will come by shortly. If you require anything else, I will be back at my desk...I suppose.”

 

OOC@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@Tarn

  • Like 3

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air

“Since my arrival I have attempted to preserve the order of this world as commanded by the Builders. Did you know that once you heretics were not even allowed inside their purified halls? Not only did the firewalls forbid it, but the Builders held strong to their ideals. Unfortunately, in their weakness things changed and they called it progress. How the mighty have fallen.”

IC: Whisper - Ruins of Air

For many long years, Whisper had dwelled in the wilds of this island, watching and immersing herself in the simple, straightforward lives of the local rahi. There had been no judgements or debates or condemnations, just life at its purest. 

These beings of intellect she'd found so curious at first were swiftly coming to disappoint her. All they seemed to do was confuse and conflate and complicate everything with their morals and ethics and desperate, clinging searches for meaning. Patterns and cycles, gods and demons, light and dark, good and evil - the forced parallels and needless divisions were all beginning to bore her. 

As such, her first instinct was to simply dismiss the Administrator's words and abandon the fruitless discussion, but something caught her attention, a curious contradiction ripe for the challenging. "You say you want to preserve the world order your Builders established - but that they embraced change, their world order became more progressive - so why didn't you and your mandate change with them? Are you incapable, or unwilling?" 

@Unreliable Narrator

4 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

“Yes, disks of that power level exist. Existed? Either way, they’re real enough.” The instant Enra passed the threshold of the final chamber to leave it, the device in her hand disappeared. Looking about the chamber again, the duo found the device was once again located atop its pedestal, as if they had never laid hands on it.

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

He glanced from Enra's empty hand to the restored pedestal, chuckling for a moment before turning his attention back to the Administrator, "If you don't mind me asking, what's the point of this whole setup? Is finding or making a disk meant to be a test of skill, or worthiness?" He asked, "I only ask because if such disks truly do exist, they would be exceptionally powerful. It seems pointless to me to use something like that as a glorified key... unless there's something considerably more powerful waiting beyond this chamber..." 

@Vezok's Friend @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Metru-Koro @Conway

Mazor took a step back, "Yes, there is. We used to be good friends. I trusted you more than anyone else in the league." He paused, then sincerely asked, "Do you really not remember me?" 


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Lounge

The Toa of Fire responded to the Vortixx with a grunt that may have meant, "thank you," before setting her damaged mechsuit against the wall and reclining on one of the couches. "Nice place. Glad the Coliseum is back in the right hands."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

  • Like 2

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (The Fau Marshes)

It took a days worth of travel till Uraborask lost sight of the Rig and the coastline and till he genuinely entered the vast desert wastes of the North. It took Uraborask another three days till at last he saw the first traces of marshland, with the occasional once of crab grass and sodden, sandy pools of water being forbearers to the thick ruts and pits of mud and foul liquid and vast fields of mixed grasses and shrubbery. 

For those days of travels, Uraborask had to often stop and allow the young Hapaka that sat next to him to..Relieve itself, and to burn off all the built up energy that slowly grew inside of Skrillix. With these stops, came Uraborask working as hard as he could to train the Rahi. When Uraborask first made his attempts at training the Hapaka, the beastial Skakdi had to more than on one occasion chase after Skrillix as their attention was taken by whatever small Rahi that strayed to close. Although many of those times, Uraborask ended up with some fresh meat, it was still an exhausting effort that egged on Uraborask's patience, but the soft, friendly face of Skrillix helped to relax his nerves.

By the end of his trip, Uraborask managed to make in some regards headway. Although Skrillix still understand most complex commands and still occasionally chased off on her own, Uraborask was at least able to teach the Hapaka the basics of stay, fetch, come, and follow. At least that was one once of good that Uraborask had while on his trip, as bad news struck him from the radio halfway through his trip.

Climbing back into his truck just after a brief rest stop and training session, Uraborask turned on the rig only for the radio to come to life and a familiar force to blare out of it.

* H..Hey there everyone...It is once again I..The Gadunka! To all those who...Survived, my deepest condolences you sorry, sodden, skaks, for it is with grave news that I must tell you all...That the Rig is gone. Destroyed, devastated, demolished, gone to the sea. *

At the mention of the Rig's destruction, Uraborask couldn't help but have his intrigue be peaked as he turned up the volume to listen as intently as he could.

* To those who were there, I guess there's no need in retellin' it, but to those who haven't...Well, it first came with a rain like bullets and a wind like buzzsaws. The sky was blacker than motor oil and the waters were rougher than a stand-up Skakdi comedian. At first, from my off shore radio party barge, I thought it was some freak storm, you know, those that come by every once and a while. Well, this was somethin' else. *

Uraborask didn't get much farther from when he first got into the truck, has his foot had left the accelerator and he was now just stopped in the middle of the wastes.

* You all remember that roar that came out from down South a few days ago, well...It turns out that it was somethin' else, a Tahtorak. And this one was truly fierce... * 

A long silence took hold of the radio as the radio static started to build, Uraborask nearly beating the truck radio into working again when the deep shallow breathe of the radio host came out of the speakers again.

* ...Listen, I'm not goin' to sugar coat it, I'm goin' to give it sober. The best thin' every last one of you can do at this point is to either get a boat and sail as far away from this island as you can. If you're lucky, you're either only die at sea or find a deserted island to starve to death on. If not that, then head as inland as far as you can and get as high up as you can. Maybe the thing will take it's time sinkin' the island. Honestly, the luckiest thing that we can hope for is that this beast is Nektann's...And that Nektann is willin' to simply enslave the rest of us rather than kill us... * 

Another long silence came about, but this one was briefer than the last before the Gadunka spoke again.

* ...I'll stick around on the shores for a few more days, to gather whatever I can and report what I can, but don't expect much good news from here on out. Well, good luck survivors, this has been the Gadunka and formerly RRN, Rigger's Radio Network, signin' off for perhaps the last time my beloved followers, maybe next time. * 

For several moments, Uraborask sat back onto his seat, Skrillix seemingly taking notice of his soured mood before trying to comfort him. Uraborask, pushed away the slobbering Hapaka before he started the truck again, silencing the radio and the music that came blaring out of it. Driving once again, and Skrillix curling up in their seat, Uraborask was left with his thoughts. Uraborask didn't care that the Rig was gone, that wasn't what bothered him...What bothered him was the potential that his shack, his home, had been damaged if not destroyed by the monster. Even though Uraborask's shack was far from the Rig itself, he still couldn't be certain and hated the thought of all of his trophies and treasure being destroyed. But that thought, that thought only fueled a far more ambitious idea in Uraborask's mind. The idea, of the ultimate hunt.

Uraborask knew he couldn't kill that thing as is, he was going to need something bigger, something deadlier, something that could kill a monster beyond measure. But that was a hunt all in its own that was going to happen later. Maybe if he was lucky, that measly, craving, skakdi had died in the storm.

"Oh well, hopefully I don't die in the Fau Swamp before I can find out."

OOC: To anyone with access to a radio, The Gadunka sends his best wishes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

“Kindly, stand down and tell your people to point those weapons at the trees instead of us.”

Cravious looked around, mind fuddled for some reason. Who had said that? The Varian guy? Maybe the skinny blue one? Why was he so distracted suddenly? He couldn’t focus on Providence and Whira talking. His mind itched, just like when…

He looked down at his arms. Both were lowered. He looked up at the Cube. It was sitting with a corner facing the group, allowing three of the four Cordak Blasters atop it to be able to take aim instead of just two like would be the case if one side of the Cube was facing the group. However the Cordak Blasters themselves sat in their default positions, an implied threat instead of an actual one. He knew they could easily be positioned to fire within moments. But why did he want to tell his hirelings to stand down anyway? WHY DID HIS MIND ITCH?!

This reeked of mental manipulation. Something one always had to watch out for when working with organized Skakdi. He was already headstrong, and even though his mental training could still use some work, he had enough experience to tell when he was being messed with and try to stop it. Cravious glanced around the group to figure out the source, but before he could accuse anyone a hatch could be heard opening. Cravious looked back up at the Cube. Why in the world would any of his hirelings come out? The idiots.

Clash popped his head out of the roof of the Cube and yelled at him, “Hey, boss! The Gadunka on the radio just said the Rig was straight destroyed by that Tahtorak! The Rig was alright, but the Gadunka’s description of the destruction really touched me. I think we should do something.

Cravious couldn’t roll his optics hard enough. If Clash wasn’t such a good security guard Cravious would have fired him on the spot. This was ruining Cravious' image in the other's minds, no doubt. He yelled back, “The Gadunka’s word isn’t law, you fool. Even if it’s true, it doesn’t change anything here. Now get back inside and pretend to be intimidating!

Clash looked riled up, “The Gadunka never lies! You should be grateful he made it out alive!” He climbed back down into the Cube, the hatch slamming and locking behind him.

Cravious shook his head in disbelief. The things he had to put up with. No doubt Clash would fight him over this later. Actually, that sounded like a good way to relieve stress. This situation here certainly had gotten messy fast. And now someone here was trying to mess with his mind to top it all off. Not cool.

He remained alert and let Providence and Whira continue talking. He wanted to hear what both had to say. His left hand still tightly gripped his briefcase.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, ruined fortress

The situation was dire.

After journeying to the strange, nightmarish realm known as the Far Shore, and speaking to the battered corpse (?) of Nuju, Korruhn didn't think things could get much weirder... or worse. And yet, another day on Zakaz.

Atamai and Axonn shouted between blows, yelling about the discs again. Korruhn's brain honed in, suddenly coming back to focus. The discs. The temple. NUVA. If Korruhn could get them out of here, if they could distract Axonn long enough to get to the speeders, they could get away from this titan, they could get the discs safe. And most importantly, they could finally start to unravel the mystery of this island.

As Korruhn finally gathered himself, the titan grabbed Leklo by the face and flicked him aside like a miniscule lightbug.

"Leklo!" He shouted his name in anguish, although he knew it would fall on deaf ears, especially if he couldn't take some of the heat off of his friend. He looked around, searching for something, anything in the crumbled ramparts to give him an advantage over this fearsome being. The blood of Mata Nui had greatly enhanced his range and raw power, so Korruhn would need a two-fold counter. Spotting a pile of large foundation stone to his left, Korruhn moved to it, and observed the pile. One massive stone seemed like a perfect artillery piece, and two below it still had thick chains embedded deep into their cores. He knew his plan.

Summoning all of his gravitational strength and the powers of his Kanohi Calix, Korruhn lifted the first stone clean over his head. It was an awesome sight as the shadow Toa lifted the stone, larger than he was, and with unbecoming might, heaved it high into the air, hurtling toward Axonn with great force.

Barely stopping to take a breath, Korruhn drunk of the shadow of the night, enticing its power into his being. The shadow flowed through him, and he felt imbued with power yet again.

Korruhn reached down to the other two stones. They were rectangular, of rough concrete, and slightly larger than the cumulative mass of Korruhn's forearms and hands. He wasted no time in taking the chains and lashing them to his forearms. Channeling the forces of gravity again, Korruhn rose to his feet, and took off full speed toward the titan. His resolve was as strong as ever, his stance unwavering. It was a terrifying sight, a Toa imbued with the blood of the Great Spirit himself, melted and twisted, with two large stones strapped to his arms. And even further terrifying to think what could happen if his artillery, or stone fists make contact...

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator @The Captain @~Xemnas~

  • Like 2

dssig.png.301aee4dd3d966b1ed8790511b44ef22.png

"One day, we will punish those that harm us by erasing them from our collective memory. Every trace gone. Every connection severed. A stranded death sentence in the shores of eternity. Only then will they know justice, and we peace."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

No. I think the news will be better received through more conventional channels. It seems I will not be able to investigate the summons from near the volcano, but it is likely of no consequence.

Looking from within the cargo bay, Ulkarr saw through the massive open door the congregation of Metruans and Leaguers in the midst of discussing terms.

While the situation is no longer violent, it seems that I may have to stay a while further to monitor Metru-Koro. If there was another like you here, this wouldn’t be an issue...

He turned to look at the injured crew members. None of them were in critical condition.

...But there isn’t. I shall keep you informed of any new developments, and you shall do the same for me?

@Harvali@BULiK

 

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Lounge)

Waveahk located the nearest tap and began refilling his canteen. He restrained himself from insulting Rose, though this took a tremendous effort. Of course, the Coliseum was only ever 'in the right hands' when they were the hands of a Toa. Never mind the fact that said Toa most likely had little intention of giving up the Coliseum, let alone the throne.

Achro, despite still suffering what he would describe as 'political whiplash', really, really wanted to kill these people. He had spent all that time getting into Pridak's good graces for nothing. One week. One whole week! Why couldn't these clowns have shown up on the weekend? That door would have the last laugh on him after all. Except no, no it wouldn't, because he had legs, and thus ambulatory movement. Very gorgeous legs, despite fungal growths caused by mutation. He did a fancy strut out of the lounge to prove his point.

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

Enra had not been expecting that. "WHAT THE BLOODY - what?! Uh, fine then, I GUESS." She wasn't amused by Xane's amusement, glaring in his direction.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 11:39 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Axxon | Ruined Fortress

The dual wielding swordsman fell upon him, blades slashing forward. Axxon raised the haft of his halberd, deflecting clumsily and feeling the burning pain of steel cutting a finger away. Screaming, he reached out with his ruined hand, grabbing the toa by the face in a vice grip. He felt the mask beneath beginning to bend from the force. He smelled the hot blood of his open wound. He lifted the toa up like a toy.

IC Leklo | Fortress

Were Leklo a true swordsman he could have possibly parried the giant's hand, or had he been a brawler he might have rolled away expertly, but he was neither of those things. He was a climber and a strategist, fast on his feet but quicker still with his mind, and by the time he realized what had gone wrong Axonn already held his face in a granite-firm grip, and with it, his life. One of his blades clattered uselessly to the floor as he reached up with a hand to try and dislodge himself with effete resistance; the other weapon was used to desperately stab at the hulking monster he fought, though it came at no effect. 

In an instant, the vigor and exhilaration Leklo felt coursing in his body a moment earlier had dissipated. His face ached with the blunt intensity of being julienned with a dull knife, slowly but drastically eroding his focus. He could still breathe, as Axonn's great hand smooshed his mouth open like a fish's agape maw, but his Kanohi pinched at his temples slightly from bent back by the force of Axonn's fingers. Leklo panicked at the creaking sound of the mask warp, and but for the first time in a while Leklo felt genuinely afraid for his own life. The pain itself was numbed slightly by the overwhelming sensation of shock which left his face under the folded Kanohi almost ashen-white, and his vision blurred, mired by a sudden drop in blood pressure and blackened by the panic.

“Get out of my way.”

The release of being thrown away like refuse was almost welcome, though he did not have the chance to relish in the newfound freedom before he collided with the first of the walls. His other weapon was knocked from his gasp then, and Leklo's body smashed through the rest of the rubble walls like a wrecking ball without his accouterments. Each layer of barely-cobbled stone that Leklo passed through felt like paper piles; the pain itself was not registering in his addled mind, and his consciousness dwindled with each impact. One after another they simply registered like deeper and more muffled thumps, each one draining more of his remaining constitution than the last. 

He only wanted to help his friends. He only wished to have a purpose. Wasn't that what toa were supposed to do? But Leklo couldn't even do that.

Thud—

—Thud—

—Crumble—

—C r a s h

He finally came to rest in a heap of flesh and blood and armor, indistinguishable from the mass of rock and mortar he had been tossed through and landed among. The dust settled slowly around him in a blanket like ash and soot from a chimney mid-sweep and his ears rung as though he'd been used as a bell's clapper. Everything ached and his body refused to move, no muscles could muster the strength to flex and push him upright yet. But what, he wondered, were the chances of what he could hear afterwards?

“My word is law,” Axxon said loudly from beyond the ruined walls. “And you will give me those disks, or you will never speak of them again!” 

Disks. The word began to echo in Leklo's mind like a bad dream's motif, impossible to shrug off but improbable to understand. Disks. Leklo needed a disk. The temple required one such thing—the same one he'd discovered before this all happened, before he was a toa. What were the chances, he tried to think, that he could possibly stumble upon yet another one in the hands of an acquaintance? 

Next to none. He let the concept slide back into the mires of his mind and struggled to arise again. In response, he'd managed to merely wiggle his fingers.

  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - The Ash Barrens - Valley of Bones

 

The valley was deep and strewn with the mechanical “bones” of many Rahi. Even bits of dead Skakdi could be seen strewn about the valley floor. The rock forming the valley walls was black and charred, as if it were burnt and had become charcoal. The rock itself took hold of the sun’s heat and the result was a sweltering environment. Small cleared pathways were evidence that some Rahi were able to eke out a living among the dead and heat. There was a gray and black lizard that scurried away; it had been perfectly camouflaged while sitting on a rock.

Hahvok, both of him, continued to trod forward, annoyed by the heat. He needed to get someplace colder. As he had been since awaking, he occasionally pondered his purpose. What was the knowledge that had been stripped from him? Could he ever figure it out again? He accidently kicked a piece of a dead Nui-Jaga and it clattered against another hunk of the metal of the dead. This place could really use a good cleansing.

He climbed atop a large boulder while he stood below himself. Zal surveyed, both by sight and with the power of the Krana Za. Hahvok’s Krana Ja was constantly pinging small future obstacles, but nothing so far had stopped him for long.

There were still no sentient minds in the vicinity, so he continued on, both of him, through the Valley of Bones.

 

OOC: @The UltimoScorp No need to respond as Kal yet. This is just a buffer post for Emperor Whenua. All my other characters are waiting on others so I had to break out Hahvok since he's been waiting the longest and could use another post anyway. Actually, with this he finally gets his second post!


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

He was lying, of course. He had to be lying. Irna would have remembered being close friends with someone like him.

And yet, she recalled what Skorm had said -- of how his own mind had been used against him by the League, until he had no longer known right from wrong, good from evil. But they couldn't have done the same to her ... it wasn't possible.... 

...right?

"If we were ... friends," Irna said, furrowing her brow, "how did we meet?"

OOC: @Smudge8

IC: Parnassus | Irnakk's Tooth

This caught Parnassus off-guard.

"...well," they said, leaning back in their throne. "I won't deny that this is surprising to hear. But not disappointing, I will say. To each their own, after all. But, of course, should you ever change your mind about what you want from life...."

They winked.

"...you know where to find me."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...