Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Giant Sword

With - Sidra, Undead Horde

 

Pollen and spores were revealed in the light of the evening sun as it clambered and found its way through the dense foliage of the canopy. They drifted on the wind, seeking purchase in new soil or even trying to find a new host. The majority of the spores currently in the air were from a flat, dull orange type of mushroom that clung to the underside of low hanging tree branches. The trees were strangely not affected by them, though the Fau Swamp had many other things that were far stranger by comparison.

Viltia didn’t love these trees, but she admired them. They grew tall and strong. They were resistant to acid and fire. They managed to pull nutrients from a type of dirt that was overall lacking in anything of value for growing crops. And they provided a purchase for many forms of life to grab onto and keep themselves afloat in the murky home that was this swamp.

Her laser crossbow silently fired. Even her breathing was louder than the slight click of her pulling the trigger. Only the flash of light gave away that the weapon had fired. The undead body before her was atomized in small chunks as her shots hit their mark. However the body was unperturbed, merely drawing upon some unknown force to give itself more mass, though now it no longer looked like much of a Matoran.

All around her, Viltia could feel the life of plants being snuffed out, absorbed just like she had felt originally. The root floor she had created over the water was rapidly dying, apparently fueling this monstrosity. Both her ankles burned where the silver bound being’s fingertips had scraped against her. The pain somehow seeping into her armor to affect her organic protodermis muscles.

The hauntingly melodious voice was gone, replaced by an otherworldly voice that shifted and changed in unnatural ways. Viltia was starting to panic. She hadn’t practiced enough for real combat. She should have been spending even more time honing her skills. Right now she was just a hindrance, baggage to be picked up and carried.

We need to get out of here!” Sidra called to Viltia, “We can’t take these things on.

Viltia turned her head to Sidra, her friend’s call to action stirring her mind. No, she wasn’t useless. She had been practicing, a lot. And she was ready to forge her own destiny. She wouldn’t die here. No way.

Gripping her axe/laser crossbow tighter, Viltia opened her mental aperture to let out her elemental energy and manifest it as the Green. Her mind became focused, pushing out most everything else. Time seemed to slow down as she felt the air jump into vivid detail. The pollen and spores in the air died out as they hit the undead, allowing Viltia a hazy type of “sight” as she focused her attention elsewhere. All of the root “flooring” underneath the undead vanished, dropping the silver touched beings into the watery muck waiting below as Viltia absorbed the flattened roots back into herself.

The roots beneath Sidra, the Kahu, and her sprung into motion and the three were scooped up as trees formed below them. They rode them up into the air as the trees grew, eventually merging and becoming one tree as their width increased. Viltia wasn’t making a custom tree, merely one from the swamp, so branches sprung forth around them randomly, growing out and away from them as they rose. The sudden rise caused her stomach to flip and pushed her down on the branch that formed and grew in width below her.

Viltia could feel the base of the tree dying from the undead as the pair broke out of the canopy of the swamp. Oops. She hadn’t meant to make the tree this big. And her ratio of elemental energy used to what was produced was far off, but she had done it. She had used her element, eyes wide open, and in the midst of combat!

She cut off the flow of energy and scrambled for the Kahu, who seemed to be very confused, “They’re killing the tree below us! We need to go!

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

A long moment passed, and nothing happened. Taja let out a frustrated sigh. Of course it wouldn't be that easy. 

She glanced sidelong at Apex. The elder Aspect's irritation seemed to have been replaced by genuine curiosity. Her instincts told her to be careful, but she saw no harm in trying to bridge the gap. Anyway, she had a feeling she would need the Aspect on her side if she wanted to capture the secrets hidden in this blasted temple. 

"I'm not entirely convinced they were wrong," she said finally. "I didn't choose... this."

She looked down at her new body. She saw how her black armour drank in the light and refused to shine, and clenched her hands into fists. She heard the ancient being name her element void, and it felt right. Truer than darkness or shadow, the name reflected the icy hollow she carried in her chest. The emptiness.

"I used to be an astronomer," she continued. "I looked to the stars for guidance, and they never steered me wrong. But now I'm in a strange land. Under stars who speak a different language. And I've got to find my own way."

She looked up at the Aspect, refusing to flinch even under their primordial gaze. Apex's eyes were wild and strange, glimmering with an ancient intelligence that carried the burden of millennia. Taja felt suddenly small under their weight, but she stood straight and stared defiantly back.

"That's why I use this power, even though I didn't ask for it and I don't trust it. Because it was given to me for a reason."

The once-Toa of Sonics turned to the sky contained in the far wall. Her eyes flickered from one constellation to the next, and their names sprang to her mind like old friends. The sight of those familiar stars made her heart ache.

"Maybe the same reason that brought us here."

 

OOC: @Sparticus147

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air

As Taja spoke she felt a portion of her element rush back through the tube and -- with a thump -- return to the room and congeal itself into the shadows along the walls. Her orb of darkness had traveled as far as it could, and something pushed it back. Perhaps the pipe system was incomplete.

Morangad heard a dull and quiet thump as if someone outside had tried punching the room he stood inside.

ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Burnmad, @Eyru, @Sparticus147 you all deserve more than this, and there's more coming, but I wanted to get this clue up since it's been a wait. Thanks for your patience.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Koro

“There’s something down there!” 

The matoran shook in fear as he grabbed ahold of Nale, pulling her towards him instinctively. His eyes focused on her great mask. “You’re a toa! What are you going to do?”

Nale could hear it too now. The beating of drums and the shaking of shell-covered gourds echoed from the blast hole where the matoran escaped.

ooc: @Tarn

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
added MK
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Specters/Axxon | Ruined Fortress

The crackling firewall blossoming under Ultan’s command rippled as one of the specters slammed into it and  lit aflame with dazzling light. It reeled and staggered about, then pushed forward, burning itself into dust as it tried to make its way across. The other specters learned from its mistake, beginning to bound and crawl towards it but not touch it.

Not behind the firewall, Atamai found himself assaulted by two specters. They shrieked with ghoulish voices as they rushed him, claws carving through the air. Maskless, their faces were only partially present while portions seemed to still exist somewhere between planes. The specters needed to feed.

OOC: @Eyru, @The Captain, @~Xemnas~, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua
 

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Falls

Ollem and Mahrika worked through the challenge of climbing across the cliffside over a period of concentrated time. Both matoran were used to the harsh conditions of the world around them -- Mahrika being from the region and Ollem being used to getting into scrapes before his world fell apart.

Eventually, the pair crossed beneath the waterfall and into the carved mask of water breathing. Behind the roaring torrent of the waterfall’s current that made up the south wall, they found a perfectly ample space to rest from the strenuous climb. The space was limestone and pressed dirt, and at their arrival a small aquatic lizard had jumped into the falls and out of sight. At one time the space may have looked structured and intentionally carved out from behind the falls. Now stalactites and the occasional rusted tin can gave the space an abandoned feeling. A dark stone doorway of solid obsidian and a raised basin of still water before it waited in the far wall a few yards back from the wall of pouring water behind them. Upon investigation, they found a poem carved into the door’s glassy surface:

Many Together

Hastened Arrival

Without Flaw

OOC: @Burnmad, @Harvali

 

IC: Nixie | Air Suva

She watched the pair grunt and strain to move the suva following Sorilax’s plan. Nixie paid close attention to which direction the curving portion of the plant went. To give them space, she chose to sit under the entryway arch. The jungle outside was muggy, but the soft wind that seemed pervasive in the Fau Swamp tickled her neck.

The first position, the six rahkshi Sorilax mentioned, did nothing. None of them were surprised. Sorilax and Sala grunted and kept turning the suva. As the suva settled into the second position, three toa, Nixie suddenly felt a shiver of electricity run up and down her spine. She looked at how the plant curved in opposition to the half moon window and for a moment couldn’t help but think of how perfectly the plant mirrored it. She suddenly realized what they’d done: from where she sat in the entryway, the plant and the window formed a circular ring.

“Wait wait, don’t move it, something’s happening,” she said with a start.

They could all feel it: the electrical prickling along their backs and into their minds grew in its intensity. Suddenly a voice echoed telepathically to them and a soft glow emanated from the suva itself.

Suva Online. Current Inventory:

  • Mask of Levitation, origin Forgemaster Dume, power of levitation and personal weight control.
  • Hatchet of Air, origin unknown, power to create, remove, and control air within immediate sight of the wielder
  • Vuata Maca crystal, origin unknown, power to store and release electrical charges

Nixie’s eyes lit up with astonishment and shock. “Did you hear that too?”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

As Apex listened to the words of Taja, an odd feeling started coming over the ancient Aspect, a feeling of...Empathy.

Like this Toa, Apex did not choose the element of shadow, for it to be engrained into her very nature. And although it took Apex spending a near infinite amount of time trapped within the pitch black darkness of her former prison for her to truly understand the horror of it, she still knew that the void was something not to trifle with. And the idea of being displaced from your home and placed into a wholly new one, being forced to look upon the shambles of your old home. Apex couldn't help but feel empathy with this Toa.

And as Apex's thoughts dwelled upon the Toa, Apex could not help to think back on their initial meeting, and how the Toa did not allow her guard to drop once. It was a good instinct, and although Apex truly didn't want to fight in that moment, being prepared for a challenge was the right move in it's own right. 

At that moment, within the stone chamber of the ruins, Apex could, for one of the few times in her existence, felt a modicum of respect for another being, and a non-Rahi at that.

Turning her gaze towards the starry wall, Apex spoke calmly out, a softness filling the Aspects gaze as thoughts of an older time filled her mind, "I..Understand Toa. The shadow, the darkness, the Void, it is something to be feared, not to be trusted. And unlike the rest of my kind, I understand this fear, for I understand that it is not beholden to my kind as they might claim otherwise. I also understand being displaced from your home. Before you came, before the..S k a k d i..This place was verdant and beautiful, and now...Well, you have seen how it is now. I empathize with you Toa, and I simply hope that you aren't tr..."

At that point, the shadowy orb that Taja had originally sent down the pipe returned and splashed against the opposite wall, startling the Aspect and causing them to jump like a frightened river cat before frantically trying to return to their former composure.

"Hrmph, well, I do not know what reason may be for us meeting though, and lest you too wish to see the Skakdi of this island to be wiped out, than there is nothing further to be discussed. I wish you fair Toa...And warn you of the harm the void and my kind can inflict." And with that, Apex quickly fled the chamber, not risking further conversation with Taja. Truly the art of language was a tricky slope, one that the Aspect was ill-adapted towards. Leaving the left-most chamber and returning to the central chamber, Apex reckoned that the only route left was the central chamber, entering it and hoping to find the last of what she seeks.

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

“Wait wait, don’t move it, something’s happening.”

As Sala immediately let go of the Suva, he felt as the traces of energy flowed through the room and through their beings, that was when the voice came into each of their minds.

Suva Online. Current Inventory:

  • Mask of Levitation, origin Forgemaster Dume, power of levitation and personal weight control.
  • Hatchet of Air, origin unknown, power to create, remove, and control air within immediate sight of the wielder
  • Vuata Maca crystal, origin unknown, power to store and release electrical charges

“Did you hear that too?”

"Ye..Yeah, yeah I did too. Sorilax? Honestly, good eye Nixie, we might have completely missed that if yo..." Sala paused, as one of the words from the Suva registered in his mind. "Wait a minute. Dume? Forgemaster Dume? As in Turaga Dume? Nixie, do you think what I'm thinking? But, that wouldn't make any sense, would it? Or does it?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 7:09 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge)

"I must implore you to reconsider. Your superiors will surely understand that the reallocation of this vessel is done in the service of the greater good, no?"

IC: Taku Crew, Metru-Koro Plaza, The Taku

Berys was not convinced by Ulkarr's vague allusion to the greater good. How was this plan any more useful than Nale's, and how could it even possibly be successful and not a dangerous waste of time?

"Battle's barely over, and I haven't even taken an account of the damage. The captain's not here, and Nale's not either. If we leave now to fly directly towards a maelstrom, what good does that do? By the time we get there it would probably be too late anyways."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

 

Sorilax’s arms effortlessly rotated the Suva, the moving parts of his arm working flawlessly even without organic protodermis muscle to power them. Cravious truly did fantastic work. The arms of Avagah moved perfectly for Sala, powered by the Muaka Heartlight. His movements were fluid as the hands gripped the stone. He was really getting good at piloting the ACR. Sorilax was proud for him.

The first rotation provided nothing, not even some click like with a combination lock. Although that was not too concerning yet. The second position offered nothing as well. Sorilax was ready to continue to the third position, and then to a different rotation when Nixie called out.

“Wait wait, don’t move it, something’s happening,” she said with a start.

Sorilax could feel it. There was an electrical prickling that energized his true self, his gaseous form. It passed through him and rose in intensity as it connected to his mind. The feeling was not unlike his mental connection to those he had Desecrated, except the feeling was… well, pure. Kind of like that beacon of hope he felt in his mind to the north.

Suddenly a voice echoed telepathically to him and a soft glow emanated from the Suva itself.

Suva Online. Current Inventory:

-Mask of Levitation, origin Forgemaster Dume, power of levitation and personal weight control.
-Hatchet of Air, origin unknown, power to create, remove, and control air within immediate sight of the wielder
-Vuata Maca crystal, origin unknown, power to store and release electrical charges

Nixie’s eyes lit up with astonishment and shock. “Did you hear that too?”

Sorilax absently rose a hand to his head. There was some type of power outside of Taboos that could also run under the seams of reality? This was very promising. He grabbed his scroll for the temple and transcribed all he had just felt and heard along with the solution to the puzzle. He really thought it had been about a clock. Oh well. It was time to get back to work and study what was before them.

Sala responded to Nixie, "Ye..Yeah, yeah I did too. Sorilax? Honestly, good eye Nixie, we might have completely missed that if yo..." Sala paused, as one of the words from the Suva registered in his mind. "Wait a minute. Dume? Forgemaster Dume? As in Turaga Dume? Nixie, do you think what I'm thinking? But, that wouldn't make any sense, would it? Or does it?"

Sorilax nodded as he continued writing, “Yes, yes. Quite so. I too received that mental communication. Inventory, it said. Can we retrieve it somehow? Where would it be stored, though? There is nothing below this floor.

This certainly isn’t Aspect work. And that Dume character just so happens to be named again right after Nixie mentioned him. Very intriguing.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika leaned against the cave wall, panting. The climb was rough, and her body had been shriveled by time and neglect. She had made the climb, but as far as she was concerned, she made it solely thanks to Vokarda.

She breathed heavily as she rested, pulling out a canteen of water salvaged from the wreck of the Skakdi kingdom. She drank it, drooling it over her face, before gagging. The water tasted foul, It was not poisoned, not dangerous, but the quality was low after being polluted by years of the Skakdi mutilating the landscape. 

As the Ga-Matoran coughed she paused, staring at the door, and the canteen. Shakily she stood up and waddled over to the obsidian door. She her hand to the words carved into the glassy barrier, tracing them.

I … ‘without flaw.’ I-I do not remember much of my people’s culture, but I think there was a principle we respected. The Principle of Purity. I think it was associated with the three breeds of our tribe but other … other tribes only connected it to the Ga-Matoran. Given the Mask of Water breathing built into the waterfall, and that it’s a waterfall, could this be a puzzle involving that principle. Maybe to open the door?

She felt Vokarda massage her spine, it must be approval. Mahrika smiled and reached over to her back and scratched, trying to show affecting to Vokarda through the layers of Mahrika’s metal skin.

As she scratched her girlfriend Mahrika tried to focus and remember the superstitions of her people. The superstitions that ultimately failed to protect them, “‘Many Together,‘ I think our tribe also believed in a virtue called Unity. And ‘Hastened Arrival,‘ I think, I think they believed in a Skill of Speed too? I … I think that fits the phrases? Though I have no idea how to use those phrases. Or what to do with the basin. What do you think?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja contemplated the elder Aspect as she exited the room, and wondered if Apex was alone in her distrust of her own element. Certainly, Whisper seemed to hold the opposite belief. The Toa recalled how her travelling companion had denied Stannis's claims that shadow was inherently deceitful. Whisper saw light and shadow as purely elemental forces, unaligned with the petty morals of the people who wielded them. Taja wanted to believe that was true, but she was unable to shake the wrongness of her element. Perhaps because it was still new, and felt different compared to anything she had felt before. Maybe the feeling would fade with time. Or perhaps Apex and Stannis were right, and the power she wielded was essentially evil. Only time would tell.

For now, it didn't matter. Regardless of her element, Taja was going to fight against the forces that wanted to exterminate her people. And that started here, in this temple, with the uncovering of whatever secret power she could find.

Her bolt of shadow had splashed harmlessly against the wall, returning to the shadows from whence it came. It had obviously reached the end of the pipes and bounced back. Either the pipes led nowhere, or something was blocking the way.

Perhaps the other rooms would hold the key to this frustrating puzzle. With a sigh, Taja followed Apex out of the left room. Skirting around the still pond in the entrance chamber, she walked down the middle hallway into the room where Morangad still was.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

She watched on as Apex, then Taja, emerged from the tunnel and back into the main chamber, both wandering down into the middle tunnel. 

Whisper deigned not to comment at their brief appearances, not wanting to risk provoking the larger Aspect, or disrupt her focus on the search she herself was carrying out via the insects she'd summoned. She idly wondered what the pair had been discussing in the side tunnel - their voices had been too muffled by distance for her to make out their words - but she knew better than to pry. At best, Apex was tolerating her presence, and she had no desire to push the limits of that forbearance. 

@Eyru @Sparticus147

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge)

Well, this was a conundrum. He absolutely had to get to Po-Koro and Bode immediately, but not only was this cowardly wretch refusing him, he couldn’t fly this unusual machine by himself, as he didn’t know how it worked. There was no other means of transport, as far as he could tell, and if he went on foot, he likely wouldn’t get there in time. Bode needed reassurance.

You must remain calm. Find somewhere safe. I am attempting to get to your position, but the operator of this airship is refusing me. I will consult someone further up the hierarchy.

No doubt he could force Berys to see reason, he was rather small and weak, but there was also the entity currently possessing the machine, yet another complication. Not to mention how the others might not take that well, regardless of the fact it was undeniably justified.

"You will regret this decision." This was phrased as not much of a warning, and more of a statement. Ulkarr quickly left and went to look for Captain Knichou / Flyboy or Toa Nale.

@Harvali@BULiK@ZippyWharrgarbl

 

IC: NU-8020S, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable, Buggy and Wayward (Po-Koro, Vahki Transport)

The Transport halted within the boundaries of Po-Koro. The rear ramp descended, and the Vahki began leaping out of every exit.

"ATTENTION: THIS SETTLEMENT IS NO LONGER SAFE. PLEASE EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY. THIS TRANSPORT HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE."

The six Vahki, with Obedient still onboard the Transport, spread out through the settlement, directing the locals to the vehicle and trying to assist those who needed assistance.

@Harvali@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Tarn@Onaku

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Lounge)

"Ah. Room service."

Presumably, the automaton meant Rose and Skyra. Waveahk didn’t feel particularly injured. But he did feel… odd. He often felt odd, he was a mutant, but recently he was feeling more odd, more frequently.

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Right, I’m out." Enra stepped through the portal.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

With nothing more to go on, and no further questions coming to mind, Xane bid farewell to the disembodied voice and followed Enra out of the chamber. 

@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: "Nixie"| Air Suva

“No, that doesn’t make sense. It could be just a name. I mean, Turaga Dume is our leader,” she paused, remembering the broadcast made throughout Metru-Nui by a dark hunter in the final hours of the battle for Metru-Nui. “He was our leader. I assumed he was always an old grouchy politician. And how could it be the same Dume? We’re here outside of the old world and Turaga Dume was always with us. He never left Metru-Nui as far as I knew. Then again, I was more interested in school and hobbies than politics. What about you Sala, did you pay much attention to current events?”

Even as she spoke further words rolled into their collective minds;

 

Makuta Sorilax registered. Element shadow. Maker unknown.

Matoran Sala registered. Element plasma. Maker Sorilax.

 

Nixie suddenly realized what was happening, she was unsure what to do next but panic grabbed her. What did Sorilax do to liars? She tried to think about everything that reminded her of waiting, hoping that maybe her thoughts would have some effect. They did not.

 

Matoran Vhisola registed. Element Water. Maker expunged.

 

Sorilax, Sala, and Vhisola’s minds broadened from their immediate location. They realized so long as they remained within the toxic swamps they could recall this space and stow or retrieve objects from it.

But Vhisola didn’t really care about the fact she now felt like a local in the Fau Swamp. She was worried about what her newfound “friends” would do with the new information they gained. She took a timid step back towards the door.

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

She immediately tensed up upon the Matoran grabbing hold of her. Nale's optics looked towards the hole behind the shaken villager, and now she certainly could hear it--the haunting drumming. Something approaching. What was she going to do? Had something been living beneath the land Metru-Koro was built upon this entire time?

Nale was the first person to respond. She couldn't investigate this alone, all she imagined was her venturing into the caves and not returning. The Taku...she could contact the ship from here, thanks to Knichou, and call in backup. "Find somewhere safe," she said, pulling away from the frightened Ta-Matoran. "I'll...I'll deal with this." It was like he had said--she was a Toa. And in the past, she had certainly thrown herself at danger to help others. But this was something different.

The Fa-Toa put her hand over her audio receptor and attempted to tap into the Taku's signal as she walked towards the blast hole.

"--lo? Hello? Toa Nale to Taku. Anyone got their ears on? Turns out our day is far from over. Something going on down here."

@Unreliable Narrator@BULiK

IC: Rose - Lounge

A Vahki, and a League-reprogrammed one at that. Of course. Only this one was, for whatever reason, wearing a Kanohi as jewelry. What had the League gotten up to while they played about freely in the wreckage of Metru Nui? And why were they now employing the peacekeeping robots as nurses?

"Yes, clearly," she responded, not sure if Vahki had gotten better at detecting a bit of sarcasm. "I'd appreciate it."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend OOC: I've definitely forgotten who all is in the lounge.

IC: Jutori - Po-Koro

Things were quickly getting out of control. Jutori used his element to redirect the flow of mud long enough for a huts occupants, a pair of Matoran, to rush out in fear, the mud then quickly overtaking it once the Ba-Toa released his hold on it. "We have to get you to higher ground!" he attempted to shout over the panicking and the storm as the pair quickly latched onto the Toa. He noticed a spot of grey in the corner of his optic and turned in that direction, seeing Bode collapsing into the mud as it threatened to sweep the De-Matoran away. "Hey, don't just sit there!" he called out to him, but seeing a lack of response as the Matoran shouted something Jutori ran over and extended his sledgehammer towards Bode, now putting them both in danger. "Come on, grab onto this! You have to listen to me!"

@Snelly@Harvali@Toru Nui@Onaku

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"What's that about?" he asked Berys as Ulkarr departed.

@BULiK@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi grappled over to Collector and called out, “I can carry her to higher ground.” The Vortixx nodded and held out the Ta-Matoran, who Kanohi hook with his arm as he sailed past. He made his way back up the tower, dropping her off. She and the other Matoran huddled in the Knowledge Tower, even as the village was destroyed.

The vigilante turned Akiri panted, his arms sore from lugging around Matoran. But he couldn’t stop. Below he could see Ga-Matoran helping carry their fellows to the Vahki transport, some climbing on top, others ducking inside. And was that, Dalu?

The Ga-Matoran warrior had been carried onto the transport, and now hung by the edge, using her scavenged Vahki staff as leverage for Matoran to climb on. She still looked pretty busted up from the raid. 

Kanohi sighed out in relief, at least some injured were already being helped. Maybe, maybe he should prioritize them, look for the Matoran who were injured in the raid, the most vulnerable to the storm. He aimed his Volo Lutu Launcher and hurtled down, heading to search for more Matoran.

Meanwhile Collector was thrusting their Kanoka Blade over and over into the ground around the Knowledge Tower. It was a sturdier building, but it’s size put it at risk of sinking into the growing quagmire. They needed to freeze the mud before it could spread too far. 

As they stabilized the ground they heard flailing, a Matoran of Plasma was flailing in the water. They lumbered over and scooped him up, and Sucordak spewed water And mud, struggling to clear his mouth. “Collector, thank you,” he managed, “listen, the disks we have been forging, and the Forge, if it’s at all possible—

Karzahni,” Their optics widened, “the disks, the forge. Without them we will be back to where we started. It was so close, that power…” They sighed, looking over the village. Any forge was likely ruined by now, only good for spare parts. The disks might be salvageable though. But once again, their plans were dashed.

Then Collector heard the cries of the Matoran, and tightened. Power or not they … they should help the Matoran. Support them for nothing in return. Like the friendship they craved, “When things are stabilized I will try to recover the disks and anything else that can scavenged from the Forge. And where ever the Matoran go, I will try to help you build a forge there. But right now, it is more important the Matoran evacuate to safety.

Sucordak swallowed, “I … I suppose you are right. But please, at least take up the ones I was carrying.“ Collector nodded and reached their long arm into the water, dredging up four disks, two of regeneration, two of weakening, the latter would be useless now, but they still would take them. They slid them away, before resuming their task keeping the ground solid. 

Elsewhere Kanohi hurtled over to a hut a few Le-Matoran had climbed atop. As the stone structure cracked he drew his Kiril Staff, regenerating the shelter’s walls. “I can only carry you one at a time,” he swallowed, and leaned down to let one get on. One almost pounced on him, her long ape-like arms clamping on. He struggled under her weight, before he grappled away, heading to drop her off to safety. 

Below the grappling Matoran, Bode could barely focus on anything But the overwhelming roars of gushing water. As he huddled water filled his mouth, making him gag and lurch. The motion helped him catch sight of a Toa, leaning over him with wisdom and kindness, his hammer extended. Bode shakily grasped the handle, letting the Toa pull him upright.

As he pulled, Bode felt his body quake. It was all consuming, the screams and boiling water, the violent rain, it was like the world was ending. Was … was this destiny punishing him for his crime? Was the village suffering because of his murder? And … and the raid, did his evil cause it too? He … he thought he killed her after the rays, but now in this storm, his already breaking memory failed him. 

Kanohi meanwhile laid the Le-Matoran onto the Vahki transport. “M-more will be coming,” he stated, before hooking a hut and grappling away. As he hurtling through the air he brandished his Kiril Staff, striking the huts as he ricocheted between them.the buildings mended under his touch, buying the village a little more time.

And they needed all the time they could manage.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

 

“No, that doesn’t make sense. It could be just a name. I mean, Turaga Dume is our leader,” she paused. “He was our leader. I assumed he was always an old grouchy politician. And how could it be the same Dume? We’re here outside of the old world and Turaga Dume was always with us. He never left Metru-Nui as far as I knew. Then again, I was more interested in school and hobbies than politics. What about you Sala, did you pay much attention to current events?”

Sorilax finished cataloguing events as Nixie spoke, setting down the scroll, pen, and ink on his table of Shadow. It seemed odd that there would be two Dumes. He had never met anyone with the same name as someone else before.

Even as Nixie spoke further words rolled into Sorilax's mind;

 

Makuta Sorilax registered. Element Shadow. Maker unknown.

Matoran Sala registered. Element Plasma. Maker Sorilax.

Matoran Vhisola registered. Element Water. Maker expunged.


Immediately following the mental message, Sorilax’s mind expanded past his physical limitations to view the Fau Swamp from above, the sight of its borders somehow granting his mind knowledge of this Suva’s range. With that information came even more to think on. Like how the Taboo filled him with all the knowledge on Rahkshi, suddenly he knew he could stow or retrieve objects while within the Suva’s area of influence.

Sorilax slowly went over the information given to him, speaking while he reviewed what had just happened, “I am but an Aspect of Makuta, not a full Makuta, whatever a Makuta is. And my maker is the Antidermis pool, or so I thought. Sala was certainly not made by me. What is this Suva trying to say? It even got Nixie’s name wrong.

Pausing, Sorilax considered things further, “Well, maybe it has only space for a one word descriptor. And maybe it has a different outlook on what ‘Maker’ means, that might explain things, as I ‘made’ Sala into what he is now in a way. And I suppose Nixie could just be your nickname.” He absently motioned to Vhisola. “If that is the case about the nickname, or if somehow you don’t like your real name, don’t worry, Nixie. I think Vhisola is a very nice name. It sounds… Hummm… Well, like a scholar's name, or maybe an astronomer or philosopher.

Sorilax waved his hand as if to fan away the current topic, “In any case, I am far more interested in the complete mental view I just got of the Fau Swamp. It was wonderful to see it in its entirety from above. And the Suva itself, did you both feel that we can deposit and withdraw things? Incredible! This Suva and its functions is far better than anything I had hoped to discover here.

Moving back to his Shadow desk, he got back to writing. He wanted to perfectly capture things while his memory was fresh.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 7:08 PM, Crimson Jester said:

IC: Korruhn, Piraka Fortress

Leklo.

The Toa knew his friend was wounded, and wished he could have attended him sooner, but the push to suppress Axonn would buy he and his friends a few more precious moments. He ran to the downed Toa, and grabbed him firmly under the shoulder, lifting him to his feet.

"You're alright, get up." Korruhn said, trying to inject as much hope into his inflection as possible to get Leklo back in the fight. He was no medic, but he knew how to get the Alpinist going. "I've never seen a mountain knock you down that you didn't get back up and conquer." He grabbed the now-standing Toa, and began to walk him back to the battlefield, until he could stand again on his own feet. As he did, Ultan called out to him, rallying the two Toa back to battle. Korruhn turned to Leklo.

"You can switch out your mask with the Suva until we fix this one. Think you can hold in there 'til we can topple this mountain?"

IC Leklo | Fortress Ruin

"N-no," he stammered, relieved to see his friend alive and earnestly there to help him up. "It—it still works!" he pleaded in defense of his Kanohi Peá. It squeezed at his temples like glasses a few millimeters too small but he was still sure the headache was from his injuries and not the distorted mask, and he was determined to hang on to it, hopeful that he'd eventually learn its actual function with a bit of trial. Likewise, Leklo felt the ebb of elemental power grow stronger in him like a throb in his loins, ready to shoot out if only he'd just release it, yet it stayed locked away with a key he still hadn't found yet. The former alpinist wagered, stubbornly and perhaps recklessly so, that if he could not unlatch the door his latent powers hid behind they would emerge with the volatility of a volcano on their own in time, with pressure. 

And—oh! what a thrill that would be! 

He looked left and right for his swords but couldn't find them. He'd have to make do with what the Suva provided him. "I can fight, though—I think. Look out!" he shouted in alarm, seeing ghostly apparitions materialize. 

 

IC Stannis | Metru Nui

The elder Aspect remembered in his mind's eye the path his once-brother Oreius had taken. He started by exiting from the Coliseum's bowels, unfettered by vahki and evading League loyalists on his way through the bowels of the edifice, and then turned to a nearby chute station that could possibly take him to the ruins of Ko- and Onu-Metru.


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Koro

Even as she spoke Nale heard the sounds of drums beating and of shell-covered gourds shaking echoing out of the nearest blast hole. No light came with it. More terrifying, she heard the sounds of footfalls and stone crushing beneath something heaving. Before realizing entirely what was going on, she saw the makers of the music.

Scores of moss and fungus covered skakdi, stooped low and missing eyes, crawled, sprinted, and leapt from the blast hole. They carried weapons made from materials scavenged from both the sun-burnt wastes and the dark places of the world. Some were paired together with chains, and others with more permanent materials. Four dragged a large sled made of hide and scavenged bone. Riding on the sled was a vine-covered manas crab straining at its chains. Their screams and foul breath carried on the air towards Nale. 

The swarm of mesi soldiers who felt the commotion of the bombings above began their assault. They weren't many -- a hastily summoned search hunting party of thirty -- but they were fierce.

OOC: let the fight begin! @Tarn et. al.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Nui

Stannis quickly discovered the main working chute to Onu-Metru was sabotaged. Asking around provided the description of a toa of fire he knew all too well as the saboteur.

ooc: @EmperorWhenua, Orieus destroyed the chute from Onu-Metru in a prior post. You'll have find a different way.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air

The ruin had not changed since Morangad entered, and Taja found it the same as when he first took note of the space.

OOC: @Eyru

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamps

Sidra and Viltia found themselves pressed for time as the mass of connected undead began to clamber and kill the tree. 

ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

As she slithered around the main chamber, Whisper wracked her gaseous equivalent of a brain for a solution. Nothing about this place added up. Glancing into the other rooms had revealed assortments of pipes and writing and starscapes that weren't consistent between each chamber. Twice now the Administrator had emphasised the importance of thinking outside the box.  

There had to be something they were missing. 

While her insects continued to explore the chamber around her, Whisper stopped at the edge of the pool, peering at the lone lotus at its centre. It was strange, seeing something so pure and untouched in the midst of the mutagenic muck that plagued the pool. Everyone else had walked right past the curious sight to focus on the other chambers, but perhaps there was more to the pool than mere decoration. Given the obvious age of the structure, it was entirely possible that the water hadn't been toxic at the time the structure had been built, and being forced to swim in a temple of the jungle certainly seemed to fit the criteria of thinking outside the box. 

Deciding it was a prospect worth investigating, Whisper leaned forward and slipped quietly below the surface of the pool, intent on searching its sides and bottom for anything that might offer a clue to solving this puzzle. 

@Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja took in the sight of the next chamber. It was similar to the room she had just left, but both the ceiling and floor were laid with stars. Black and white pipes crossed over different walls; she guessed these were connected (or supposed to be connected) to the ones she had seen before. Unlike the pipes in the other room, neither had an opening into which something could be placed. They ran across the stone, seamless and strangely clean compared to their surroundings.

She wondered what the third room looked like, but first she wanted to know if Morangad had seen or heard anything when she tried to fire a bolt of shadow through the pipes...

OOC: @Burnmad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 10:20 AM, Kal the Guardian said:

IC: Viltia

Viltia cut off the flow of energy and scrambled for the Kahu, who seemed to be very confused, “They’re killing the tree below us! We need to go!

15 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamps

Sidra and Viltia found themselves pressed for time as the mass of connected undead began to clamber and kill the tree.

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp (Giant Sword)

Sidra was operating largely on autopilot as she clambered onto the Kahu's saddle. The world felt dull and indistinct, her mind clouded by confusion and questions. Too much was happening, too strange, and too fast, for her to make sense of. What were the undead? Had they followed her here, or was this some twisted coincidence? 

But amidst the haze of shock and uncertainty, one coherent thought won through. "Don't take us back to the village!" She pleaded to Viltia, "If these things want more people to... join them... we can't lead them back home."  

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Passing the seemingly inactive Aspect known as Whisper, Apex made her way down the central hallway. Entering the next chamber, Apex was greeted by a growing familiar sight of pipes, stars, and text...As well as her guide Morangad. Passing through the aperture and fully entering the room, Apex nearly jumped again as she noticed that Taja had seemingly followed after her.

This was not her desired outcome when she left the previous chamber, as Apex's goal was to escape the odd-feelings she was having when conversing with the Toa and to not lose her veil of strength. Well, Apex couldn't do much now except to force the Toa out, and she could figure that was not the right decision in this instance. Actively trying to not let the Toa's presence disturb her, Apex turned towards Morangad, asking him about his findings.

"Morangad. What has it that you have found within the chamber so far, anything of use or note?" Looking down and pawing at the ancient text of the Aspect, Apex thought for a brief moment before continuing, "I am sure you have noticed the text lining the wall, do you know its tongue, what it reads?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

"Well, other than what wa-" Sala's sentence was cut short as his mind was approached and expanded upon by yet another outside force that drew his mind out beyond his body and spread it across the whole of the Fau Swamp. Reeling back slightly and steadying himself against the Suva, not in the right mind to take care of the potential damage he might cause before he could stand back up straight, one of his hands clasped onto his head as yet another message flowed into his mind.

Makuta Sorilax registered. Element shadow. Maker unknown.

Matoran Sala registered. Element plasma. Maker Sorilax.

Matoran Vhisola registered. Element Water. Maker expunged.

"Argh, getting your head messed with more than once a day isn't something I appreciate much, argh. But...What was that. Maker Sorilax? That doesn't make sense I agree. But it may have some other implication with it, like something involving the ritual? Whatever it is, it obviously doesn't know much about you Sorilax..."

Slowly releasing his hand and the pressure it was applying to his head, Sala took a moment to think and realized an oddity in what the Suva message. Turning towards Nixie, Sala spoke out in a curious manner, a quizzical look plastered on his face. 

"Wait a minute, Vhisola? Why did it say a different name, and why do I vaguely recognize that name?" Vhisola was barely left a moment to respond before Sala cried out pointing a finger at her, "Now I recognize it, when we first approached I caught mention of a blog, I must've seen it at some point in my chronicles." Sala said with a grin at remembering it.

"Well, whether you want us to call you Nixie or Vhisola, it's up to you, but the more curious question is this. Why did it say your Maker is expunged. The use of expunged must imply that at one point the Maker was listed but was removed? Oh, and as for Dume, well..." Sala thought a good while upon the subject before continuing, "...he had to have been a Toa before he was our Turaga, and a Matoran even before that. But that does raise the question of how this Suva would bare his name and..." Sala paused as the shattered skull of Mata-Nui came to his mind.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Giant Sword

With - Sidra, Undead Horde

 

Viltia’s ankles were still burning as she climbed up into the first saddle as Sidra clambered up in back. The undead were rapidly approaching, the dead wood of the tree they were creating from their touch showing their advance in her mind. The Kahu crouched to spring into flight and Sidra’s words worked through Viltia’s distracted mind.

"Don't take us back to the village!" She pleaded to Viltia, "If these things want more people to... join them... we can't lead them back home."

Viltia’s heart wrenched at that. It made sense, especially coming from Sidra. But would she ever be able to return home? Her ankles throbbed in pain at the thought. Hopefully that wasn’t some time of homing power of the undead. If she couldn’t go back, then suddenly she would be all alone again, lost once more in the Fau Swamp.

She urged the Kahu to take flight. With a rush of momentum and gravitational forces, the Kahu was airborne, its strong wings flapping steadily as they rose higher before finding an air current to glide on. This time the warmth of the setting sun did nothing to cheer her spirits. Taking note of the swamp topography below them, Viltia got her bearings and took them in the opposite direction of the village. Hopefully her friends would be fine on their own.

The once hopeful exploration to wind down after a long day had quickly turned into a nightmare. She now doubted they would ever explore that giant robot body again.

Viltia tried to get herself to calm down. That undead horde reminded her of that Metru Mantis that had almost killed her. Its wickedly unnatural grin looming before her as it leaned in to end her life. She shook her head and tried to focus on the positives. On both occasions she had used her power to save herself. She was improving. She wasn’t dead.

She remained quiet and in thought as they flew.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Still in the air

"How far do you think those things can see?" She asked, after they'd been in flight for a while. The clear air and open skies had helped calm her somewhat, the sprawling green vistas of the forest helping push the images of the decaying, decrepit undead from her mind. "We can loop back to the village once we're out of their sightline." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Giant Sword

With - Sidra, Undead Horde

 

Taken from her thoughts by Sidra’s questions, she urged the Kahu to begin a slow turn. Off in the distance the tree she had made grow slightly above the canopy was a mere bump in the rolling “hills” that made up the canopy of the Fau Swamp.

Viltia fidgeted in her seat, “I’m not sure how far they can see, but one touched me on my ankles and it still burns. I don’t know, but maybe it can sense me now? What even were those things? They looked dead, except they weren’t!

The Kahu evened out and dropped lower to the tops of the trees to try to stay out of view as they took a roundabout way back to the village. Dropping this low was more dangerous than staying higher up, but it was at least not as dangerous as being in the swamp itself.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

"I... I don't know," she replied, "I saw them, or something like them, in Metru Nui in the days before we crashed here. Whatever they are, they're hard to kill." 

She hoped Viltia was wrong about the creatures being able to track her. But even if she was, the fact that the undead were out here at all didn't bode well for the village.  

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Canopy of the Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - Sidra

 

Viltia took a small joy from confirmation that they could at least be killed, even if the effort required to do so was great. The Kahu banked as it swooped past a tree that rose slightly above the others. The biting cold of the wind kept her mind off of her ankles and on the problem of those creatures roaming the swamp.

We have to prepare, then. We need to learn how to make better Kanoka so everyone can be equipped to help fight if they find us. Torch talked to me earlier about needing a Kanohi of X-Ray vision to help them mine safer. That would mean we could get better ores to make better weapons and machines.

Viltia shook her head. The clock was ticking, spelling out inevitable doom for Le-Metru Nuva. “I just hope we get as much time as possible before they find us.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

"I hope so," she echoed, though her heart wasn't in it. 

The combined strength of nearly every Toa in existence and the League of Six Kingdoms hadn't been enough to eradicate these things in the midst of their battle for Metru Nui. If anything, they'd probably ended up creating more of them, if their fallen had risen again as undead. 

Though she didn't dare give voice to her doubts, Sidra couldn't bring herself to believe that Le-Metru Nuva stood the slightest chance if the undead came for them. 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Canopy of the Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - Sidra

 

Viltia’s heart wasn’t in her hope. Her laser crossbow had done next to nothing with those things absorbing all plant life around her. This swamp was just a place to grow strong for them.

A dead limb twisted out of the canopy in a familiar way. They were almost back home.

Viltia worked her jaw in concern. “At the very least we need an escape route now more than ever.” She paused in thought as the Kahu dipped into an opening in the canopy, plunging them into darkness while their optics adjusted. “Maybe I could grow an airship and we forge an engine and high level levitation disks.

They were very close to the village now. At least all seemed quiet here.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

"Easier said than done," she replied absently. "We don't have... any of what we'd need for something like that." What she didn't add was that she wouldn't go anywhere near an airship even if they somehow managed the minor miracle of making one. The last airship she'd been on had exploded apart around her, burning and breaking and birthing a horde of living corpses from its wreckage. 

Too much of her history was already repeating around her. She had no desire to relive that particular experience. 

"We need to... I don't know, set a trap or something," she muttered. "Find a way to delay or destroy them." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

The Kahu gracefully banked its way through the canopy and landed in its pen. It looked back at Viltia and then started eating the food left out for it. Viltia continued to sit in the saddle, staring down at the now torchlit bridges, huts, and platforms that made up Le-Metru Nuva as many species moved about. Life was already so hard here, why did something like this have to happen? And of course the rest of the island didn’t seem safe, so what could they do?

And the best way to do that is to mine more rare ores to start making electronics and better weapons.” Viltia sighed, tired and wanting to forget what just happened, “Even acidic plants I’ve seen here wouldn’t do much to those things. Do you know how well they can climb mud walls? Maybe we can make a ton of pits or something.

Viltia turned in her saddle to look at Sidra behind her, “Do you know how they were killed before?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"I don't know, I don't- karz!" She dropped out of the saddle and slammed her fist against the side of the kahu pen. She gashed her knuckles on the coarse bark, but the pain barely registered, drowned out by the anger and despair threatening to overwhelm her. "I came so. Karzing. Far. To get away from everything I saw and did in Metru Nui. This was supposed to be a fresh start! How are those things here? Why now? Why me?" 

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (The Fau Swamp)

Passing through mud puddle, water pool, and algae patch, Uraborask slowly drove his rig through the marshes of the Fau Swamp, only a few hours from reaching the denseness of the swamp. Surveying the liquid ponds and the horizon of the treeline, Uraborask kept his eyes out for even the slightest movement, his vision of deduction working in overdrive as to ensure that nothing wrecked his rig before he got too deep into the swamp itself.

The Fau Swamp, contrary to what he told Cravious, Uraborask had indeed made multiple incursions into the Swamp. But true to his word, the last time he was in the swamp was when he attempted to guide a band of Skakdi in there. Uraborask had never went as deep as he did as that expedition, and it was on that trip where he realized just how deadly the swamp could be. Since then, Uraborask had never went back, knowing that although he was an apex predator amongst the monsters known as Skakdi, he knew he wasn't an apex amongst the real monsters within that swamp.

Looking across the treeline, Uraborask looked for a thin enough patch where he could drive through with his rig. He knew that here on out, it was going to be a rough journey, but not because of the terrain. Thankfully, Cravious's modifications actually did good work on making the rig semi-amphibious, allowing Uraborask to easily drive the rig through the deep waters and mud without trouble. The only trouble was going to be able to pass through the trees that formed the thick canopy of the swamp.

Reaching a relatively thin portion of trees, Uraborask at last entered the Fau Swamp, slowly driving past the trees and through the would be waist-deep cesspool of mud, algae, and other such ooze. The sound of insects filling the air as the thick muggy air blew through the air conditioning, with not even the ingenious system implanted by Cravious being able to prevent the humid musk of the swamp from spilling in. Uraborask knew that this was going to be an aweful and difficult trip, and something about it wasn't going to go right.

OOC: No idea who to tagged so simply enjoy the post whoever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia climbed out of the forward saddle to join Sidra when her friend slammed her fist into the paddock. Viltia jumped, not ready for the outburst. After all that had happened, she wasn’t sure how to feel. Sidra had never been like this before.

Sidra’s voice was full of emotion as she started to speak, "I came so. Karzing. Far. To get away from everything I saw and did in Metru Nui. This was supposed to be a fresh start! How are those things here? Why now? Why me?"

Viltia wasn’t sure what to say. She knew nothing of what Sidra had gone through, or who her friend truly was before. But Viltia would stand by her for as long as she needed.

Viltia placed a comforting hand on her lanky friend’s back, “You told me a couple days ago that we forge our own destinies. I believe that now more than ever. Whatever comes against this village, I will stand against it because I choose to do so, regardless of how hopeless things might seem. But you have another destiny that you’re making with that Great Disc. Maybe the reward will help you make your own fresh start, instead of having to find one.

I heard what you did earlier today. How you helped save other villagers from those giant mutated mosquitoes. If you felt indebted to us for helping you, I would say that it has been repaid in full. If you need to leave for your own sake…” Viltia paused, not wanting to say her next words despite knowing them to be the right thing to say, “...then you can leave, no questions asked. I’ll be waiting here if you would ever need help again.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Even if I wanted to leave... there's nowhere for me to go." Sidra replied, realising that for the first time in her life, the thought of teleporting away from her problems hadn't been her immediate reaction. If Viltia had been another Dark Hunter, if their encounter with the undead had been on a mission, Sidra would have abandoned her without hesitation, with the footage conveniently scrubbed from her nektann and excuses ready to be made. 

"Those things came from Metru Nui," Sidra turned back around to look at Viltia, "Unless you know of any settlements even further south for us to evacuate to, there's nowhere any of us can run to except right towards those monsters. Even if we got past them, who knows if they've even left anything alive?" 

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia’s optics lit up slightly both at hearing Sidra didn’t want to leave and at remembering something she had seen earlier, “Actually, I saw some smaller islands close by when I was on the southern shore gathering sand. We coul-” She stopped, realizing those undead looking beings had already been submerged in the watery muck, hiding out of sight, “Or not, since those things don’t need to breathe. They would find us eventually.

Shrugging, she shook her head, “I mean, maybe we could make a floating village in the sea. It might take me a week, but I could probably make us one.” She gripped the sides of her head in frustration as she realized the flaw there, “Actually I know nothing about boats, so I wouldn’t know how to make anything float or withstand waves.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Okay, so we can't really run for it," she summarised. "Not all of us, anyway." It was simple math. A group was only as strong as its weakest member, and even before some of the villagers had been injured in the mosquito attack, not everyone had really looked to be fighting fit. Not to mention the difficulties involved with gathering enough food and water to support the entire populace if they did have to make a run for it. 

"If we're going to stay, then we need to warn everyone, and prepare a defence." 

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia nodded, resolve entering her optics, “You’re right. We have to do at least that much in the time being. Maybe the village leaders will have better options.

Turning to the Kahu, Viltia unsaddled him to give him at least a couple hours downtime. However, she kept the saddles in the pen at an easy reach. She patted him and he cooed in a way that sounded to her like happiness. He had done so well obeying commands and staying calm. He deserved his rest.

Leaving him be, she exited the grass floored pen to take a bridge into the village proper. 
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

She nodded numbly, and followed Viltia up into the village. She was still reeling from the brief, horrifying encounter with the undead creatures. Questions burned through her brain, begging for answers that she couldn't provide. What were they? Why were they here? Was it something to do with her, or just another twisted coincidence? 

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Keitara (Something wicked this way comes)

Something prickled at the back of the crafter's mind. It took her a second to tie this to her elemental powers. Slowly and painfully turning her stiff neck, she saw…

Fire. Or the glow of it. It was too faint to be the raw burning she had at first feared, so the settlement likely wasn't ablaze. But…

Leaning on her shield for support, Kei reached for a pile of rubble and withdrew a longish piece of relatively straight metal. It hummed faintly in her hand, not taking well to the slug of power the Toa sent through it from her failing reserves, but it would do for a few strikes at least. Her power would probably have given out by then, if a fight were on its way. It wasn't her trusty lance, whose shattered remains were still slung across her back, but it would have to do.

"Something's… coming," she said, leaning on the improvised tool. "Something … or someone. I sense light.  Firelight, and it's getting brighter. I… I don't know what I can do" she finished hollowly, a note of defeat in her voice at her fading power. She needed rest, or daylight if nothing else. She was worried she was about to find out if one could become a turaga from exertion alone. If it wasn't for a faint pool of warmth spreading from the symbiote clamped around her mending spine, she felt she'd have run dry of power already.

(OOC:

@Keeper of Kraata, @Conway, @Smudge8)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...