Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra followed Zaliyah's eyes to the spot where the Skakdi had vanished. "Guess they decided to listen to my warning after all." She said, though she really didn't sound convinced.

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"Or they're a scouting party who decided to report their findings," she replied. "Why launch a surprise attack then immediately retreat, if not to test your enemy's defences?" 

@Onaku

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra, her face hidden underneath the brass facade covering her features, simply turned and stared at the Hordika without a word.

@Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"Don't look at me like that," she scoffed, gesturing to the rubble around her. "Look at this place. A ramshackle camp in the middle of open desert, right on the doorstep of your enemy. A lake you can't drink from before you, cliffs at your back, no plants or streams or resources of use for miles around." 

Had Zaliyah not spoken with the Turaga herself, she would have been baffled by the decision. There had been a whole island to settle, plenty of far more fertile places to establish a settlement, but he and his followers had chosen an inhospitable, indefensible spot within sight of Metru Nui. There was only one reason for a military force to set up camp so close to a city that had fallen to the enemy - to attempt to retake it. 

"Did you people really think you were going to be able to rebuild your fallen empire out of the dust of this desert?" She took a step closer to Iradra. "If it hadn't been me, today, it would've been someone else - or something else - a week from now. This place was never going to last." 

@Onaku

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"Yeah. Try to take less visible pleasure in it." She simply responded, sheathing her blade on her back and turning away with a weary sigh.

@Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zak-Yak (The Fire Ruins)

Looking between the cruel Skakdi, Cravious, and one of his few friends, Providence. Zak-Yak carefully and cautiously scrabbled before Providence before heeding his words, and carefully took and caressed the faintly blinking heartlight wihtin his dominate hand. Looking up towards Providence, Zak-Yak gave his friend a weak, unsure smile before taking a knee and holding up the heartlight.

"~Oh~ great Providence Aspect, grant us blessings of desecration. For blessing, we serve Whira Aspect and do one wish step for Whira Aspect. For blessing, we will claim heartlight for Skakdi Cravious. These we do for desecration blessing from great Providence Aspect, from kind Providence Aspect, from kind Providence...Friend...And..Uh..Um...Can blessing be...Can blessing let Zak-Yak always have friends...Many friends, friends that will protect Zak-Yak?"

And with that, Zak-Yak bowed his head before Providence, the heartlight held high up above Zak-Yak's head, it extended high above his head before Providence to claim and to offer back towards Zak-Yak as a blessed worm, a Kraata, one just for Zak-Yak.

OOC: @Burnmad @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mood Music: DNA by Akira Kosemura (a longer track, but an enjoyable track to set the mood)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Metru-Nui

Aurax and Saybo descended in relative silence. The lights in the elevator flickered as each floor passed by in their rapid descent. On one floor the doors opened, a squad of vahki joined them, and the doors closed. It was a little tighter then. Not too tight, just full of robot. When the doors opened it felt like the world had changed completely. Aurux and Saybo felt their elemental powers leeching from them, as if they were unable to control the very core of their essence in this new place. The aesthetics of their new location went from grey proto-crete and bright colors of the upper floors  of the Coliseum to vaperwave neon lighting behind soft frosted glass of the hive deep below. Contrasting the neons were polished silver metals. It felt like ghosts walked behind the glass, giving an unsettling sense of being watched.

Deep underneath the Coliseum’s central tower, the elevator opened into a space of gears, glass, and flowing protodermis: a vahki hive. Vahki hives acted as the central processing location for all vahki activity. Vahki by design could not stray far from their hive. Older versions of vahki were physically incapable of leaving their metru because of this limited range. Many criminals in the past used this to their advantage, much to Turaga Dume's displeasure. And so the newer models of vahki came online before Nuparu's untimely end: faster, larger, and with the ability to remotely reconnect to the closest hive instead of relying on a single home base. While large mushroom inspired complexes acted as regional stations for vahki hives throughout the metrus, here in the core of the city things looked very different. The far walls of the space leaned inwards towards the incredibly distant ceiling, and covering those walls were hexagonal cells of vahki hard at work processing the data their conscious comrades relayed from afar. Squad mothers clambered about the walls of the hive, checking on the status of their vahki and making sure things were running appropriately. After the crash some of the hive cells no longer worked, and the glowing lights seen in the other cells were absent in those empty spaces. No vahki bothered to contact their new king. 

The clicking of gears and the ratcheting of clockwork mechanisms echoed over glassy pools of protodermis. Why the lake of liquid, Aurax couldn’t immediately tell. It looked beautiful, but when did vahki care for form over function? There had to be a reason for it. Then he saw the steam coming off some of the cells as they began to overclock and it all made sense: the protodermis kept the place cool. Like a massive super computer, the entire hive was liquid cooled. To prove the hypothesis correct, a geyser of protodermis burst from an overheating cell, cascading down into the pools below as a waterfall of cooling liquid. Further unsettling, the two toa realized in the pools of protodermis were broken vahki -- the ones who didn't cool down in time. Their melted clockwork corpses rested in a jumble below the water's surface. Even in a grave, the vahki seemed content to be as one cluster without ceremony. But why a grave? Why not smelted down and reused to forge new machines?

Did vahki actually care about their simile of a life?

Each step the two of them took from the elevator left an echo of glowing electronic impulses in the floor behind them. The impulses seemed to have a life of their own, squiggling away then bouncing into each other to again run off until they died out. A few paces out from the two toa a soft hologram began to form, walking forward across the waters to reach them. The figure flickered in and out of focus, although it resembled an onu-matoran with a purple pakari wearing soft linen robes of ashy grey. A barcode glittered on the top of the silver painted portion of the mask. The holographic matoran reached a comfortable distance and softly bowed to Aurax. electronic impulses did not squiggle away from the holograms footsteps, revealing its lack of physical form. Overhead speakers gave voice to the hologram, providing a voice that seemed natural until listened to closely.

“Barraki Aurax, we welcome you and your new reign. Barraki Saybo you are welcome as well. Barraki Pridak did not see our value, and he kept us on standby for his protection instead of rebuilding our city. Barraki Ehlek is gone, to our dismay. Why have you come into the hive? We are the data cluster of this hive: DC-COL-010231. If it pleases you, call us Nuparu. We are fond of our father, and would be pleased to have his name.”

OOC: 

@Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Water  (The Omega Point, Enigma)

As the scraps of paper fell into the basin, the phrases carved into the obsidian door glowed golden. Unlike with the metal scrap, the golden light from the door did not fade, instead the door slowly crumpled from the bottom to the top, vanishing without a trace. In its absence, Mahrika and Ollem saw the soft glow of light from a room beyond. The stone floor of the landing they stood on continued into the next room. Sludge, grains of sand, and bits of moss covered the ground where they walked.

The left and right walls rose up twice the height of a toa to a domed, semi-circular ceiling. Pillars carved as matoran in prayer with their arms extended high seemed to be pushing the ceiling aloft. The sound of running water echoed off the stone, and droplets of water covered every surface.

In the next room the far wall was a cascading and powerful waterfall. Before the waterfall rested a control panel with three stone disks, left to right, built to easily be turned. The control panel’s base was carved to look like a maskless matoran bearing the panel’s weight on their shoulders. Three dots on the surface of each stone disk formed the points of an equilateral triangle. One of the three dots on each stone disk was filled with the same obsidian as the door. The remaining dots were made of abalone shells. All the obsidian dots rested at the bottom of their respective disks, as if pointing down. 

As Ollem and Mahrika were taking in their surroundings, a voice cut through their thoughts. It came from nowhere, but echoed everywhere;

“It is good to see this temple online again. I have missed the sounds of its waters. Finally, great Builders, you return. It is a pleasure to see the holiest creators after so long. Your humblest Administrator is here for you. How may I be of service to your sacred cause? Many are desecrating your temples, looting and ransacking without regard for your rituals. Some are skakdi, some are your destined toa, some are of another kind, and your aspects are retrieving the texts they’ve recorded as you foretold. In your wisdom I have given them only enough to understand. They are still contained, controlled, and ready for you to wield as you once did. When they escaped the prison islands of the south I do not know, but they freely walk this island in your image. Should you wish to bring their taint upon yourself to remember the powers of your kind, the gong is ready for ringing.”

OOC: @Harvali, @Burnmad

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Le-Metru Nuva

“Thanks Viltia. I appreciate your words of encouragement, but it’s my job to worry about the safety of this village. Everyone here depends on me, on you, on us. If we don’t evacuate the village, they could have a fate worse than death it sounds like from what you and Sidra said is coming. If we leave, there’s the chance we never make it to the rally point anyways. We could get ambushed by those things, pulled apart by the swamp itself, or just straight up eaten alive by rahi. There’s too many variables. I think you’re right. Maybe staying is safest, even with Karzahni on our doorstep. What’s a last ditch defense got to be like to go up on a wall history?

“I'm not keen on thinking about some imposter walking around with Wing’s memories though while we’re dealing with all this. You said you saw her, so I trust you. I must just have imagined things.” Torch sighed, rubbed his face across his mask, then stood up. 

“Let’s go. We need to keep preparing the defenses of the village. Did you have any other ideas while you were searching the huts? I know we can make a line of disk throwers and try and beat stuff if it comes close, but maybe there’s a way we can turn this to our advantage? Although, I’m worried the rain might dampen my power, so maybe let’s not count on me burning the problem away like I usually do.” Torch tried a laugh, but it never made it out as his eyes darkened again with the sounds of Sidra shouting outside. He moved to the doorway, brushing aside the woven mat that covered the entrance.

“Looks like she’s back. I take it shouting is bad news. Let’s go find out!”

...

The rain began to fall in earnest from the sky as storm clouds rolled in from the North. The light in the village darkened as the sun began to be blocked out by the brewing storm. Thick droplets of water splashed on the foliage above, creating a loud drumming that echoed through the swamps. Wing wiped rain off her mask and looked up a Sidra.

“Let me get this straight. You mean there’s maybe more than one of these undead things that’s coming to kill us all, or that it just moves around really quick? And you think this vehicle is leading it right to us? That’s terrible news! That’s just horrible news. That’s just -- do you think we could use the vehicle as bait?”

A rumble of thunder rolled across the village, and with it the ground shook with the slightest of tremors. The wind chimes hung up around Le-Metru Nuva began to make their noise, and water collecting in ceramic bowls rippled with the vibrations.

“Mata-Nui, can this day get any worse,” Wing grumbled.

...

As Uraborask's rig plowed through the swamp, the rumble seats jostling with each branch crushed under the vehicle's weight, the apex hunter noticed some of the trees ahead were cut down not by natural means but with axes and saws. It didn't take a master hunter to know someone lived out here.

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, @Nato the Traveler, @Sparticus147

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
le-metru nuva
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"In my experience, the answer to questions like that is always yes," she muttered, shielding her iStone screen with her hand and watching as the vehicle sped past her drones. She kept watching, to see if she could get some glimpse of whatever the rig was firing at. 

Wing's suggestion that they try to use the vehicle as bait was a decent idea, but there was no time to implement it. Even with Sidra's teleportation, boarding or stopping a vehicle moving at speed, then persuading the drivers to go in a different direction, or hijacking it herself to send it speeding off elsewhere was going - all before it got too close to the village - was a hard ask. 

There wasn't enough time, and too much could go wrong. 

"We should start evacuating now, before the storm hits us," she said, tensing as she felt the soft tremor rumble around her. "Wind and lightning is only going to make it more dangerous for us to hold our ground up here." 

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro)

"A Mesi raiding party happened. They are gone, but it was likely only a probing attack. They will probably be back… do you require medical attention?"

Even as Ulkarr provided exposition and offers of aid, he was simultaneously transmitting a message to his servant through their telepathic link.

Booodeee… Metru-Koro appears to be safe, for now. Can you give me an update on the situation in Po-Koro?

@Onaku@Keeper of Kraata@Harvali

 

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro, The Razorfish, Exterior)

Ostrox took Iradra’s suggestion. As much as he shared Zaliyah’s sentiment, he took great pains to conceal it. His one complaint about the sudden attack was that it wasn’t quite thorough enough. And had been over too quickly. And that he was also the target of it.

OK, so maybe he had more than one complaint.

@Unreliable Narrator@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Smudge8

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Rather small for a universe though, innit? Aren’t universes supposed to be, like, infinite? Literally inconceivable in scope? But, yeah, we lack the necessary tools to investigate this temple any further, namely one of these Kanoka. It was, uh, one-five-nine, right? Maybe there’s one of those in the head? Or, as I was saying before, someone who knows their stuff about magic disks?"

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Toru Nui

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Right," she nodded, "Any idea where he is?"

@Unreliable Narrator

_____________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"Clearly our worlds have differing definitions of what a universe is," he shrugged. "And like I said to the voice back there, I'd never heard of a level nine disk before today. If it even exists, it would be incredibly powerful, and whoever has it wouldn't be willing to part with that kind of power." 

@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - NPC Torch

 

Viltia moved with Torch towards the door, the rain from outside growing heavier as it struck the many roofs over the village’s many huts and pathways. She had been thinking about those undead things since her first encounter with them. It seemed like days ago, though it hadn’t been more than an hour at most. Maybe just a half hour.

They seemed hindered by objects, though they drained the life out of them. At first she thought this meant her power was useless, but as she ran through her knowledge of plants and trees, the small yet strong ironwood came to her. It remained sturdy for many years after death, often ruining the axe or chainsaw of the unknowledgeable woodsman. It was the perfect thing to create to hinder the life absorbers. Maybe she could trap them and then she could shoot them. They certainly were destroyed by her crossbow.

I’ve got some ideas for myself, but nothing for the village as a whole. There’s too much I don’t know.

Torch paused at the doorway, “Looks like she’s back. I take it shouting is bad news. Let’s go find out!

Viltia followed the Fire Toa out of his hut, noticing the increasing rain as it started to thunder. The floor seemed to shudder instead of sway like normal, but that was probably nothing.

Both Sidra and Wing were hard to see against the canopy around them, but Viltia was able to use the little bit of flower roots left on Wing to lead them in the right direction. It was starting to rain to the point where it impaired hearing, so she couldn’t quite make out what was being said as she and Torch walked up to Sidra and Wing.

Sidra appeared fine, and Wing the same as before. Whoever had grabbed the flower from before was gone. “Sidra, what’s wrong?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

Never mind. She felt relief and suspicion in equal measure as Torch and Viltia found them. She was still no closer to understanding what was really going on in the village right now, and there was no time to try to puzzle it out. "We've got incoming," she said. "One of those skakdi war vehicles, driving our way, and shooting at something behind it." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch, NPC Wing

 

Viltia felt sudden panic, like she was alone in the Fau Swamp again, hunted by Skakdi and Rahi alike for days on end. Then the panic was hidden by anger, a simmering rage at the Skakdi and what they had done to her and her friends. The news of a war vehicle shooting something behind it grabbed her attention, though. There was no way that wasn’t what they all were thinking it was.

Do you think they will just drive by? Do we have anyone still on the ground?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Forgot a word.

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"I doubt we're going to be that lucky," she grimaced, glancing through the haze of rain at the ground below in search of an answers to Viltia's second question. "It'd be rough going getting a vehicle through this terrain. As soon as they hit one of the trails, they'll take the path of least resistance."

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch, NPC Wing

 

Viltia grimaced at the news. And if the Skakdi followed a path, it would lead those undead straight to them as well. She opened her senses, tapping into a wider range of Observation than her current passive, hoping to notice the death of plants as the Untethered grew closer.

She glanced at Wing and Torch, wanting to talk with Sidra about the imposter, but she didn’t think she should in front of Wing.

With a level of spite Sidra hadn’t heard, but Torch and Wing knew well from when they had a Skakdi on trial before he escaped, Viltia spoke, “Well we can kill him too if he tries to hurt us.

She turned to the Le-Matoran, “Wing, are we ready to defend or retreat?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Le-Metru Koro

"I thought we were taking off," Wing answered as the rain continued to fall, "but I don't know how far one kahu can fly ahead of the group for scouting in this weather. Sidra felt leaving was best."

"And Viltia just convinced me to make a stand here," Torch countered. "What are we going to do: outrun death? Come on Wing, we've been through enough running already. Where else is there to run anymore?"

"Somewhere. Anywhere. We can always rebuild," Wing said, her voicing raising as her hands clenched tightly into fists. "Why can't you see that a village isn't everything?"

"Why can't you see that a village is all we have," Torch shouted back. Villagers around the Wing, Torch, Sidra, and Viltia looked on in concern. Viltia and Sidra heard murmurs from the back of the group as the village tried to make sense of what was going on. Torch looked back over his shoulder and dragged Viltia closer towards Wing and into the fight. "Viltia thinks we should stay. Right Viltia?" 

Torch and Wing looked at Sidra and Viltia. The decision on everyone's minds fell in the laps of a seasoned killer and a hopeful hero.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian decision time are you staying or are you going?

 

IC: Axxon | Piraka Fortress

Axxon shuddered. He heard voices. He felt the amalgam inside him crying. Something dark stood nearby on all fours. A rahi? No. He knew that voice. He knew that presence. Could it possibly be that after so much time passed between the past and the present the haunting nightmares of his people still roamed free? 

Axxon's hand clenched around the shaft of his halberd, but still he could not rise from the ground where he lay in ruin.

OOC: @Eyru, @~Xemnas~, @The Captain, @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 IC: Sidra – Le-Metru Nuva

Rivulets of icy water cascaded over the contours of Sidra’s Kanohi, coldly caressing her cheeks and sending frigid tingles down the back of her neck as she weighed up the words of the beings before her. The cold rain and expectant stares alike chilled her to the bone.

No one had ever looked at her like this before.

She’d always been impulsive and isolated, a lone wolf who only barely tolerated teammates and thrived when she was left to her own devices. She’d only ever looked out for herself. Choices like this weren’t meant for people like her.

More than that, though, she couldn’t shake the feeling that she was being manipulated. Torch had insisted Wing had been in two places at once, then Spark had rolled up out of the blue to cast suspicion on Torch. And now even Viltia seemed uncharacteristically bloodthirsty in her remarks about the Skakdi. Was everyone here actually who they seemed to be? And if not, did the impostor have something to do with the undead, or was this an entirely separate infiltration happening at a very inconvenient time?

There was no time to waste figuring out.

There was no time for anything, not with the storm coming in and an attack seeming imminent.

“We don’t have time to argue,” she sighed, supressing the instincts screaming at her to flee. “If some people don’t want to leave, we can’t waste time trying to persuade them otherwise. If we split up, it makes each group more vulnerable. And in this weather, it’ll be easy to get lost or separated in the swamps if the wind worsens.”

She looked to Viltia, then to the others, “I think it’s too late to run," she said, voice full of reluctance. "We have to stay.”

@Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch, NPC Wing

 

Sidra looked to Viltia, then to the others, “I think it’s too late to run," she said, voice full of reluctance. "We have to stay.

Viltia nodded, agreeing not only out of respect for Sidra’s overall experience, but also because she wasn’t ready to leave this place behind. The rest of the island seemed just as dangerous, but for different reasons. If they could defeat this undead threat, then nothing could stand against the inhabitants of Le-Metru Nuva, not even some giant Rahi. Even one bigger than Evolis Kerhs.

No, this place was her now home. She swore to protect her friends. She wouldn’t let Serene down.

Viltia looked at Sidra. Her new friend had done much for them, though she had only known the emerald clad being for a couple days now. She had done a lot of growing in that time, and Sidra had helped her to do it. If Sidra said to stay and fight, Viltia would do her best to make Sidra proud.

I agree with Sidra. This is our home. The rest of the island doesn’t sound any safer. If we can’t defend ourselves now, then we might already be dead.” Viltia paused, flustered, “Wait, I mean that in a positive way. We can do this! We’ve got this! We can defend this village better than anyone else because we built it, we keep it safe. We aren’t about to let any undead stop us from forging a better world right here!” The words were awkward and blatantly trying to encourage everyone, but heartlightfelt. She meant them. She believed they could keep this village safe if they did it together.

She eyed Wing, studying her in the now dark of night. The torches not under roofs had gone out, so only one lightstone lit the group. If Sidra and her could find that weird duplicate, that is.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Le-Metru Nuva

Wing stared at the three standing in opposition and found she couldn’t stay mad. She’d been fighting to stay alive for so long, and Torch was right: the village was all they had. Sidra made a fair point that it may be too late to run, and Viltia did her best to give things a hopeful spin. Classic Viltia. 

“Alright. Fine. We’re all gonna die but I’m not letting you all die without me. I’ll make sure the guard is ready. Sidra, can you help find some good spots for our ranged fighters to set up in the treetops? Your mask might come in handy getting them into place. Torch, I trust you’ll make sure we have the right people at the front. Viltia, you look like you have an idea for how to spring a trap.” Wing fell back into her job with ease. If they survived the night she could apologize to Torch. “I’ll go get my gear.”

Wing jogged off towards the guard post. She couldn’t stop this from happening, but she could try to get through it with the same hope her friends seemed to find…

Torch watched Wing go, the matoran’s feet clacking across the wooden bridges. He didn’t like how they parted. He didn’t want his last words with a friend to be in anger. 

“I should follow her,” he muttered, but he didn’t. Instead, he turned to Viltia and Sidra and said; “okay, we’re staying. Let’s get everyone where they need to be before our unwelcome guests pay us a visit.”

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian time to draw your battle lines. @Sparticus147, if you want Uraborask to join in now's your chance.

@Toru Nui, there must have been a mistake in my earlier post because the slug jar went with the mesi rather than stayed behind. They tapped it and used it to teleport. They didn't leave it. Apologies for being unclear.

  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra – Le-Metru Nuva

“Right, we should… son of a brakas,” she muttered, glancing away from Wing’s departing form, then back to Torch.

There was a lot she was unsure of. She was still a stranger to many of the villagers, lacking the bond of shared trauma that had brought so many of them together. She wasn’t privy to whatever conversations Torch had had with the other village elders earlier in the day. She wasn’t sure how much of what he said was his true opinion, and how much was him projecting a positive image to reassure others. She wasn’t sure what Viltia had said to him.

But something didn’t add up here.

Earlier in the day, Torch had openly expressed his doubts about building the village in the swamp, and it had been at his request that Sidra had scouted an evacuation route. Now he’d suddenly decided that making a stand against what he’d just described as death was the better option.

He’d tried to turn Viltia and Sidra against Wing by casting aspersions earlier in the day, and now again he’d tried to play them against each other again by dragging Viltia into the argument against Wing. That, coupled with Spark’s warning that Torch had been acting suspicious all morning, holding a covert meeting with the other village leaders while Sidra and Viltia were away first encountering the undead, left Torch seeming all the more dubious. 

Given her uncertainty, and the impending threat of attack, Sidra almost wanted to set her suspicions aside and focus on the immediate threat. But if Torch truly wasn’t who he said he was, allowing him to continue giving orders put everyone else at risk.

So she made her choice.

“I’m not sure that we should be letting anyone go anywhere until we deal with our other problem.” She raised the lightstone rifle Spark had given her, not quite taking aim at anyone, but making it clear she was ready to use it if provoked.

It was a calculated risk. The weapon wasn’t exactly designed with killing in mind, and it was less likely to do serious damage in wet weather, not to mention that the Ta-Toa’s powers would also be hampered by the rain. If there was ever a time to challenge Torch, this was it, and if Sidra was wrong, there was less chance of someone being seriously hurt if a fight broke out.

“Something weird has been going on all morning. Someone in this village isn’t who they say they are,” she said. “I’m not comfortable letting you or anyone else give orders until we get to the bottom of it. If we're going to war, then I want to be sure these people's lives are in the hands of someone we can trust.”

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Torch | Le-Metru Nuva

"Sidra, what are you doing?" Torch looked from the emerald mercenary to the lightstone rifle in her hands. He could have sworn Spark had a rifle like that. It had to be Spark's: it's not like rifles dropped out of the sky in the Fau Swamp. A peal of lightning cut a jagged light across the scene.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch

 

Viltia unconsciously moved away from Torch. The lightstones of Sidra’s gun glowing bright in the dark of both night and the ever increasing rain. Why they all chose to talk on one of the few unroofed platforms was beyond her.

There was another boom of thunder, the lightning bolt’s searing light finding its way through the dense canopy. Oddly, the platform trembled at the boom, quite unlike how it normally did when there was a thunderstorm. Thoughts for another time.

She continued to keep half of her attention focused on the plant life around her in a wide berth. The rain was obscuring her “sight”, but that was only because she wasn’t solely focused on Observing. Feeling a tree or plant die would probably override the sensory input from the rain.

She’s right. At first we thought there might be two Wings, but now I don’t know what’s going on. I searched all over the village for the second Wing and found nothing. We might be facing a shapeshifter of some kind. Or something worse. Things just aren’t adding up.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Torch | Le-Metru Nuva

"What's not adding up is why we're having this conversation here, right now," Torch replied. He gestured to the villagers standing behind him witnessing the spectacle. Some were shuffling their feet, others leaned on the wooden rails despite the tremors. More still were unconsciously tensing for a fight. "We're on the same side. Our enemy is out there, in the jungle, chasing a vehicle through the swamp that's headed right for us. You made the choice to stay and fight together, you convinced me it was the way to go Viltia, and now you want to flex and say something's going on? And you're not comfortable with me giving orders? I'm one of the village elders, Sidra. My job is to give orders that help our people. I value you and Viltia's opinions, I really do. But I value you all just like I value everyone else in this village. This morning was strange, I'll give you that, but I thought you both cleared that up already."

The toa of fire didn't back down from a fight. He didn't like getting accused. Now that he thought about it, Sidra seemed a little suspicious herself. She always had a habit of bringing trouble to Le-Metru Nuva.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"We haven't cleared up anything," Sidra growled, "Earlier you told us Wing was in two places in once, then Spark told me you've been acting suspicious all morning. Then just now you tried to pit us against Wing again." 

She lowered the rifle slightly, and took a cautious step towards Torch.

"I don't know if you it's you, Wing, or even Spark, but one of you is definitely out to turn us against the others," she said. "I'd rather know who it is before the fighting starts, than be betrayed in the middle of battle. Wouldn't you?"

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Warskak Camp

Barius mulled the request over for a moment, face stern and scrutinizing, before his expression cracked into a grin and he let out a chuckle. "Sure, you can be the Matoran's keeper. Make sure no one steps on him by accident and such. Maybe I'll even have you see about getting him a better instrument? I don't think his current one's been maintained since I've been alive."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

Ollem jumped as the Administrator's voice boomed throughout the ruin, and vanished from sight before he had hit the ground. Originating from the faint blur that marked his cloaked form, his voice echoed through the room as he replied:

"...What?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

  • Like 3

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 5:23 AM, Eyru said:

Their faceless face swung back to Atamai. The shadows in their armour seemed suddenly darker.

"Eldest am I," they said, in a voice like wind on leaves. "Mountain whose stones you have blood-stained."

IC Leklo | Ruined Fortress Ruins

It was the cerebral adventurer who grappled with his extreme exhaustion and intense wariness of the immobile Axonn who gave the interloping oddity the benefit of a moment's thought, and he turned slowly to face Tuakana without a look of confusion on his face.

"You speak in riddles... but they are not riddles," he countered. Leklo narrowed his eyes slightly at it in slight realization as his mind considered what he was seeing. He cast a quick glance at the static warrior corrupted by the mire of the lapping sea's tumultuous energies and the corrupted remnants of the Rode on his face, then looked back at Tuakana. "There is nothing to solve, it is just your truth. Then what are you going to do?" he asked.

@Eyru @~Xemnas~

 

  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra stood silent for a moment, thinking, before she sighed again and turned back to Zaliyah. "This wreckage... it surely has no more value, does it? You're not staying here to guard it?"

@Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"Well, I've got to sit somewhere, and I'd rather have my back up against something if the locals turn on me," she replied. "I'm sure there are many here who blame me for the Turaga's death." 

@Onaku

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch

 

Sidra’s accusations, as odd as they were, kind of made sense. After Viltia had sensed someone rip off the flower she had put on Wing’s back, she wasn’t so sure they were looking for just a single double of Wing. There was something more to this.

She turned to Torch, his red Rau slick with rain in the warm glow of the one nearby lightstone and then the lighstones from Sidra’s rifle. The sound of the rain started to change as it began pouring off the many roofs set up in the village. This really was a downpour. Thank goodness they built the village out of the trees that could survive even acid rain.

Torch seemed to be himself now, even if he might have been odd before. It had been odd that the elders had had a meeting during dinner. And Torch had seemed uncharacteristically tired, though maybe he had just been hiding it well since she had met him. She just didn’t know. How could she know?

Sidra. Sidra was the same. She had been with Sidra this entire time. Actually… not this entire time, and that lightstone rifle was new… No. It was Sidra. She wouldn’t doubt her new friend. Then where would she be in this situation? Lost and confused, all life drained from her.

I think this is the real Torch, though what could we even do to prove any of us are really us?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"You're still out in the open, though..." Iradra paused for a moment, unsure if she should say the next part, before deciding it was too important. "My house was in the part of the village that was hit the least severely during the attack. It might be a bit worse for wear now but it should still be sufficiently intact. It would be safer there than sitting here on the wreckage of one of the ships that bombed the village."

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"I... appreciate the offer, but I'm fine where I am."

Open ground meant she could see trouble coming. Trapping herself in an unfamiliar building made it all the easier to get ambushed. 

@Onaku

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra sighed and nodded. "Then I guess I'm staying here too." She said, turning back away to stay on guard.

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuakana | Fortress Ruins

They turned their eyeless face to Leklo again. Had they any visible eyes, a glimmer of respect might have been visible within. The young one saw with more than sight. Young in stature, but old in spirit. Understanding leapt between them like a spark.

"Do?" they echoed, chewing the syllable thoughtfully. "As I have always done."

A breeze came off the poisoned sea. It ruffled the tufts of moss that sprouted from their armour. Their voice was deep and low.

"Show mercy."

They were silent for a moment. Then, perhaps sensing this was not enough, continued.

"Your brother's blood cries for justice. But if you are willing, I will help. Carry his burden from this place. Remove him from death's shore. You can still escape judgment."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Providence - Outside Ruins of Fire

Providence gave a slight smile as his Mesi companion - his Mesi friend - offered up the heartlight. A manicured, metallic hand reached up and cupped his cheek. He knew exactly how to fulfill that request.

"Yes, Zak-Yak" he crooned, "Though I am but one being, the bond we shall now share is greater than the sea in its depth and breadth, and it will not be severed until the ravages of time and nature have carried one or both of us away from this mortal coil. And I can ensure that you have many friends by your side. They will be numbered greater than you can count, and they will be spread throughout this world, from the teeming depths of the Fau Swamp, to the harshest stretches of desert sand, occupying every corner, so that you will never be alone again."

As he spoke, his other hand slowly rose, fingers gently wrapping around the heartlight which Zak-Yak had raised up for his taking.

"Goodbye," he said, tone suddenly shifting to one that was clear and commanding, as he spoke the words of a ritual many times more ancient than even the eldest of his kin. The hand which cupped Zak-Yak's cheek lifted gently from its perch, before settling upon the top faintly-beating organ he held in his other. During the beginning lines of the poem, his gaze shifted slowly from Zak-Yak to the object which would soon be grafted to him.

"Hello

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit,"

As he continued, his gaze become a tad harsher; his grip firmer. His hands moved and worked the heartlight's firm, muscular surface like a potter worked clay, softening it, reshaping it into something new. Attuning to the coals of life that still faintly smoldered within it, bolstering and growing them into a tiny flame once more.

"Two midnight horrors cry and shift

Make them squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host,"

At this, he slowly brought the newly-formed Kraata up to Zak-Yak's face, allowing him to gaze upon the gruesome beauty of this unholy birth which he had so long coveted-- before lifting one hand and bringing it around to the back of his neck, leaning forward and bending down slightly so that his face was mere inches from that of the Mesi supplicant before him."

"Tear the yolk and spread its gold

Devour knowledge and their ghost

Pray for prey forever sold,"

A piercing pain lanced through Zak-Yak's body, originating in his neck, as the newborn Kraata reached out eagerly for a source of nutrition to cling to. Providence's free hand, still sticky  from the heartlight, cupped his wincing face and, like a mother consoling her infant, he faintly shush-shush-shushed him, as the Kraata grafted itself to him: Burying itself within his flesh; connecting to his nerves and blood vessels; becoming a part of him. He whispered the last lines of the ritual while staring deep into his friend's eyes.

"Hello

Goodbye."

OOC: Providence has given @Sparticus147 a 1st stage Kraata of Insect Control. The contract is sealed. @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

After a few moments, Ollem swiftly faded back into view. "I-I'm still here," he stammered. "I was just... startled, is all." He recognized that this being must have been speaking to them through an intercom, but he was puzzled. He couldn't see the speaker anywhere, nor any cameras or motion sensors that could have alerted the occupant of this ruin to their presence. "Who are you?" He asked.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 3

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...