Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

Cravious contemplated the nature of a Heartlight as Zak-Yak correctly accepted the wish Cravious had outlined and then Providence Desecrated him. Heartlights were present in almost every being, small, superpowered energy factories that could provide power for a whole being for many millennia. How they didn’t falter and how they used the energy provided by food at an extraordinary conversion rate were both questions he had yet to be able to figure out.

They were simple to extract if you had the right tools, yet most beings carved them out with swords and knives in barbaric displays that showed how little they valued the scrap left over when the “organics” rotted away. Studies on any form of life had continued to be fascinating to Cravious. Almost everything was all just machines, somehow operating more efficiently than he had ever been able to accomplish.

Even so called “organics” were actually still machine, just formed differently from the rest of the body. True organics only could be found in plants, which was very odd. Everything else was a form of protodermis. One day he hoped to recreate these fake “organics”, maybe even create a new lifeform, though he would need to figure out Artificial Intelligence for that. If he could, then Aspects would pay him ten times more than what they currently paid him for his custom made bodies.

In the meantime, his current tries with his Improbable Machine had produced pieces of muscle larger than he could pick up. And that was just less than a square inch of muscle. He was no closer to discovering the fundamentals after a few hundred years, and hence no closer to sizing down his creations. His Improbable Machine allowed him to do so much, but in the end, it was he who needed to figure out how to make something. He couldn’t just rely on a power to cheat his way there.

The shiny protodermis finish of the Heartlight morphed into a wriggling Kraata of black and… yellow, maybe? Cravious wondered what that power was. But wondering would have to wait. It was his turn to keep the bargain.

Cravious walked over to Zak-Yak’s ACR arm as the Desecration continued, crouching down to pick it up and heft it over his shoulder. He walked the Cube and motioned with his arm that still held the briefcase. The garage door slowly lowered down into its ramp form, the hydraulics droning as they extended. Clash stood at the top, warily eyeing everyone else.

Paying him no mind, Cravious hung the ACR arm from one of the many cables created for just such a purpose, and got to work. He activated his X-Ray vision, easily identifying all the problems ailing the severed arm. The support struts were shot, several integral pistons were pitted with shrapnel, a hose had been cut and was leaking, and the harness to strap it to the body was tattered and worn, looking like it was ready to break free in a couple places.

Cravious smiled. This was more like it. He grabbed his tools and tore into the ACR arm, chucking the damaged parts in the rough direction of his forge. They clanged as they hit the floor, other parts, and work in progress builds. He could feel Voracious scowling at him, but he paid it no mind.

Once properly stripped, Cravious hosed everything down to clean it and let it get blow dried as he moved over to his parts containers. Several struts, pistons, a hose, and new straps later and he was back at the ACR arm, a rolling table holding his parts. This arm was simple, the only notable feature being the claws on each finger. But he didn’t have to worry about those, they were fine, almost alarmingly sharp.

He slotted the pistons in, washers, nuts, and bolts securing their housings into place. The support struts he moved past to quick run the new hose along the length of the arm. Then he attached the struts. Not in the same place, as whoever had first made the arm didn’t know the first thing about the strongest angles to preserve integrity. Of course, they hadn’t been Cravious, so it made sense that they were inferior mechanics.

Measuring the new straps against the old, Cravious tested them a few times. These straps had little protosteel wires threaded into them. It wouldn’t affect comfort, but they would certainly take more damage before being broken.

He attached the straps, power drill clicking as the screws couldn’t be tightened anymore. Cravious was tempted to do more, but this was a potential future enemy, and adding more features might one day stab him in the back. Giving it one more look with his X-Ray vision, Cravious nodded to himself. He was done.

Grabbing the ACR arm from the ceiling cables, Cravious descended the ramp and headed back to the group. Zak-Yak had already finished being Desecrated. Cravious wondered how long it had been, since he sort of lost track of time as he worked. Eh, it didn’t matter. Everyone was still here.

Cravious presented the ACR arm to Zak-Yak before gently lowering it onto the ground before the Mesi of Light. “That’s my part of the agreement completed.” Cravious pulled a large walkie-talkie from his duffle bag and set it beside the arm, “That’s for when Whira has need of you.” Cravious inclined his head to Whira, “Shall we be off, now?

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~

Sparticus gave me permission to move and fix his ACR arm all in one post.

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins 

Taja looked at Whisper for a long moment. The sight of the multi-limbed creature no longer inspired the same horror and disgust it once had. She held no close affection for the Aspect, but no animosity either. They had journeyed together and helped each other, proving that unity was useful even between individuals with vastly differing perspectives and goals. She hadn't expected the experience to mean much to Whisper. But the Aspect's words seemed sincere. Could it be that this creature of darkness was genuinely grateful for her help?

Then again, she was a creature of darkness too now, wasn't she? And she would have bristled had anyone suggested it meant she was untrustworthy. Perhaps Whisper was beginning to understand more of what it felt like to be a mortal being. To lean on others and let them lean on you. To work together. 

Perhaps. She was sure the Aspect still had secret purposes that she couldn't understand, but, for now, they were still allies. They could still rally around a common goal.

Taja nodded at last. "You're welcome. You've helped me, too, even if it wasn't how I expected."

She looked around at their ancient surroundings, unsure of what to say next.

"My goal is the same: to gather enough strength to protect my people. If you know more secrets to share, or places to find them, then we might as well stick together."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Eyru said:

They turned their eyeless face to Leklo again. Had they any visible eyes, a glimmer of respect might have been visible within. The young one saw with more than sight. Young in stature, but old in spirit. Understanding leapt between them like a spark.

"Do?" they echoed, chewing the syllable thoughtfully. "As I have always done." Their voice was deep and low. "Show mercy." They were silent for a moment. Then, perhaps sensing this was not enough, continued. "Your brother's blood cries for justice. But if you are willing, I will help. Carry his burden from this place. Remove him from death's shore. You can still escape judgment."

IC Leklo | Ruins of Ruins

The to a was reminded of conversations he had long ago with senior seers who's minds were so addled with studying the stars and poring over prophesies while drinking poppy milk that they spoke in a language of malarkey when they did. They were not fools, as some more quipping matoran, like those from Le-Metru, would have thought, but their wisdom was expressed thoughts that came from a different mindframe entirely, of wisps and mirrors and allegories. This... being, whoever it was, spoke in much the same manner; Leklo chose to engage, therefor, like he had back home, recalling the mannerisms he adopted to best communicate with the seers: By matching it.

"Justice belongs to the injured," he said in reply. "Judgement goes to the guilty. Dirt and loam soak the blood, but it is not it's. Wherefore is there any guilt? Wherefore is the brother?" he asked. He didn't know where his friend had gone or become, but perhaps this entity knew something he did not, while also keeping his questions unrestrained to a single resolved answer as well. There was a wisdom to be discerned from it regardless, something ancient and native to this strange land called Zakaz, and he figured that if he stood nothing else to gain he at least would be able to see into the heart of this land and know it better. 

  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (The Fau Swamp)

Continuing to drive away from the site of whatever he encountered, crushing root and surmounting rock, Urborask noticed that the path he was blazing grew more and more clear of foliage with many stumps and stripped logs being organized just off to the side of what looked like a trail. Not even needing his deductive sight, Uraborask could tell that this was not some natural decay of the swamp or the traversal of a rather particularly large Rahi, no, this was the natural work of civilization, as hard as it was to believe that there was one in the Fau Swamp. 

Exiting from his truck, Skrillix happily following along from behind, Uraborask made his way to one of the nearest stumps, surveying what he could see, attempting to discern what had done this and where they had went...That was when Uraborask caught a sight that he couldn't quite believe. Footprints, small ones, footprints that could only be from one sort of being...Matoran. Uraborask couldn't believe it, he thought all the Matoran died when the Skakdi first arrived, and if any did survive, they certainly couldn't have been surviving in the swamps all this time...Unless these Matoran weren't originally from the island.

It was at that moment that a drop of rain landed on Uraborask's head, followed by another, and then another, and then a dozen more, and then a torrent flowed down from the sky, bathing the swamp in the drowning sound of pitter patter, pitter patter, pitter patter. Looking into the sky, Uraborask felt as the ground trembled, ever so imperceptibly, but trembled nonetheless. It was at that moment that Uraborask let out a beastly grin and softly growled to himself, "You are coming to me now aren't you...Prey."

It was at that moment a bolt of lightning struck out, almost in response, with the deafening sound of thunder startling the beasts of the swamp, from the largest Muaka, to the smallest Hapaka...Speaking of Hapaka's. Skrillix was most certainly, a small Hapaka, and as such, in fright, dashed off down the path, leaving Uraborask to let out a swear to Irrnak before nearly leaping over towards his truck and kicking the thing into gear to chase after the frightened hound.

Unknowingly, the path that Skrillix dashed off towards, and that Uraborask was following, happened to directly lead to Le-Metru Nuva, and that both the hound and the Skakdi would be there in less than a minute at the rate they were going.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

IC: Sala (Fau Marshes)

Another night of rest, another day of travel, that was what Sala thought to himself as he ate his morning meal, the constant chirping and buzzing of birds and insects alike filling the cool, humid morning air. At this rate, Sala had started to grow once again accustomed to the taste of stale meals and sleeping out in the open, under the stars and upon the earth. Back in the Matoran Universe, Sala was a traveler and chronicler alike and had traveled far and wide from Metru-Nui. And although Sala never made it to islands like Zakaz or Stelt, for obvious reasons, Sala had most certainly learned much about his old world through experience rather than simply reading about it. But when the Barraki declared their war, travel throughout the universe was restricted heavily, and eventually, Sala was forced to spend the last portions of his time in his old home trapped within Metru-Nui, fearful of the Barraki that threatened their life, rather than traveling free to explore what he wanted.

Remembering such things left Sala with a hollow pit in his stomach, one that killed his appetite halfway through as he climbed inside of Dawnguard and got ready to travel once again. That was when Sala noticed in the distance, far off near the eastern side of the Fau Marshes, a storm unlike any other, one that spanned several miles from what Sala could tell and pelted down in a rain thick enough to obscure the horizon itself and that the only illumination was the constant bolts of lightning that fired off in quick succession every few moments. And it was within the rain that Sala could...See...Something? Sala couldn't tell and he wasn't sure, but if it was something, then it was big, bigger than anything Sala ever saw or read about.

But now was not the time to discuss whatever it was, now was the time to keep on moving. Getting ready, Vhisola, Sorilax, and Sala proceeded to follow the path laid out by Sorilax. A semi-translucent mist clung loosely to the ground, with it not being thick enough to completely block view of the ground, but if one was not careful, a foot could certainly get stuck in the various mud puddles and ponds. But at this point, the trio were far from the hyper-lethal dangers of the Fau Swamp, and were now at last exiting the peripheral dangers that lurked in the marshes. Now was less a time to be fearful of aggressive reproach, but rather to appreacite the beauty of the nature that surrounded them, and that is what Sala did, taking out a scroll and using the inner plating of Avagah, drew quick sketches of his surrondings as Sorilax picked up on the lightened mood and began to offer his usual deposits of lore and knowledge to the company. Leaving the Fau Swamp, the gears of progress at last running smoothly after such hardship and trial that occured over the past week, Sala let out a genuine smile of contentment as they ventured forth.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Foothills of Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Sala, Vhisola

 

Sorilax was glad to be free of the Marshes and the ever present threat they posed. The ground gradually became firm as it hardened beneath their feet, the sun already starting to warm the rock upon which they now trod. The terrain appeared flat, but in actuality it was on an incline that steadily increased. Often the sun caused shimmers to appear in the distance that always escaped capture.

Rahi were now easily identifiable with the relatively open landscape and the sparse vegetation. Small trees and bushes struggled to scratch out a living for themselves in a place often devoid of water. Occasionally the shadow of bird Rahi passed overhead as they searched for a meal.

Sorilax took his companions on a different route than Sala and he had taken roughly a week before. They headed north, quickly finding themselves climbing one of the many foothills that lay before the majestic Irnakk’s Tooth mountain range. The air grew ever more dry as the heat rose. There was one section on the hill that actually required the trio to climb, but Sorilax simply crafted a set of Shadow stairs for them. He made sure to add railings when Sala remarked on their absence.

At the top of the hill, and the rocky outcropping atop that, they could see in the distance, distorted by atmospheric interference, Metru-Koro at the edge of the newly formed lake. The village from this angle seemed as if it had been spat out by the giant robot head like an unexpected sour treat.

Thankfully it appeared fine from here. Or at the very least it was no longer burning.

Sorilax turned to Vhisola, who, as all three of them were, was coated in several layers of dried mud and now dust, “Well, if you still wish to part from us at this juncture, then this is the place to do so.” He gestured to a trail on the opposite side of where they had climbed up. It wound down the hill in the rough direction of Metru-Koro, probably formed by Mahi in the area. “With the village in sight, I am confident in your relative safety during a solo trip. Still, take care, Vhisola, there are many dangers still hiding in these foothills.

He paused, one of many such instances for the Aspect, before continuing, “Your acquaintance has been most enjoyable. I am filled with some sorrow due to your imminent departure. I wish you the best, and that you may find the good beings of Metru-Koro intact and removed from any threats.

He conjured a Shadow hand to scratch at his chin while he thought about what had transpired between the three of them after finding the Ga-Matoran at the Air Suva a few days before, “And if you would be so kind so as to not mention my views on Aspects or anything about me finding Taboos to anyone else. Like I’ve said before, I am not prone to fighting, and I would prefer it if other Aspects didn’t find out I was fundamentally against them or trying to conceal Taboos from them. I must accomplish my Grand Wish, and dying would probably set me back considerably.

Sorilax chuckled at that and then raised his brow ridge, “Oh yes! If you would be so kind to return my scroll on Aspects, I have need of it. I believe I will have much to write about in the near future.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Water

"You must forget yourself, great Builder. I imagine your journey here was hard, and your exhaustion has clouded your mind. I am your humble Administrator, wise Builder. That horrid monster of nightmares living in the volcanic mound had torn his way through the fabric of reality and planted his most vile servants to grow like weeds within your peaceful garden. I, sensing your great grief, followed in pursuit. Have the years been so long as to forget this humble voice? When I arrived in your sky, the light I brought was a candle in the darkness. You, merciful Builder, chose to nurture that candle. Now I am a great wildfire, wise and powerful. You both come into your temple to pray, I assume. Please, perform the deferential rites laid before you as your own great minds have designed."

OOC: @Harvali, @Burnmad

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: 
Whira nodded slowly. “Yes, let’s be off. I believe that the deserts to the north might have my quarry of interest.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC, Aurax: Vahki Hive

Aurax raises an eyebrow. The way that the Vahki referred to their builder, Nuparu, as their father, was odd. But he was glad that the Vahki were welcoming, at least for now. The Toa wondered what he would find in the Vahki’s code. 

”Yeah, well, uh, Nuparu, I’m here to put you all to good use. You said Pridak didn’t see your worth? Well, I do. Unlike Pridak, I’m going to have you help rebuild the city. But, I’d like to give your code a once-over before we begin, just to ensure your loyalty to me, so I’d like you to take me to your nearest computer terminal, please.”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Atamai: Piraka Fort

Atamai said nothing as he waited for the stranger’s response, but he became aware of a faint stirring behind him. He briefly looked over his shoulder and saw Axonn stirring. He was alive. Atamai was glad that Axonn wasn’t dead, but it was still an important lesson on the power of the Disks. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Eyru

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Ash Barrens

The sounds of the morning grew as more and more Barius' warskaks began prepping to leave these barren lands and return to the comforts of home. As Parnassus passed through the crowds, guiding their hover-bike alongside them, their gaze lingered on moments of activity -- a fighter sharpening their sword, perhaps wondering if they would run into that sand-worm again; an engineer kicking at the smouldering embers of the ground, getting enough heat up to balance a pot of coffee over top of it. Small, mortal moments that the Aspect had never seen before. It was like a carnival, or what Parnassus understood carnivals to be.

Of course, Barius was a familiar sight, with the warskak having an early-morning rendez-vous with the newcomer Druukarus and the slave Grime. Even Parnassus could tell that the rest had done Barius well, but the new leader would need tending to yet. Of Corrivalis, the eternal follower, no sign could be found.

"Fair morning," the Aspect said, baring their teeth the way that they had seen the other warskaks do so in greeting (or in threat). "I hope I'm not interrupting anything?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

As quickly as the attackers had come, they were gone again. And Irna had done nothing.

Although she had never told anyone -- not Sans, not Skorm, not anyone -- she still had yet to fully heal from her encounter with Mata-Nui. The strain of melting through that much muscle had left her bone-tired for the past week; and speaking of bones, she had begun to suspect that more than a few had been fractured during that battle and had never healed correctly. She was beginning to think that she might never be strong enough to fight as she had as a younger woman. Being poisoned by Keitara and plunging from a crashing airship couldn't have done much to help her wounds along.

And she didn't like how these injuries had made her afraid.

While Skorm and Ulkarr and the others had fought, she had hesitated, had fallen back, had allowed others to enter the fray before her. She had been afraid to die, afraid to even fight....

"Mazor?" she turned to the person closest to her -- the person she had stuck with, strangely enough. "Are you all right?"

OOC: @Smudge8 @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

  • Like 2

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

T-Toa Arkius?” a voice whispered out. As Arkius searched the tunnel he could faintly see Jovan clinging to a wall, the Turaga’s mask seemingly missing. The tunnel was growing into a torrent, and chunks of the surface crumbled into it sending shockwaves through the water. The water dragged and ripped at the Turaga, Even as he struggled to hold on in his weakened state. He must have only just lost his mask, no way he could withstand the flood maskless for long.

On the surface, Kanohi swung across the village, pausing only to strike buildings with his staff. As the rock buildings regenerated he would grapple away, searching for more Matoran. Suddenly he spotted a Bo-Matoran clinging to the crude windmill. The metal structure was freaking, crumbling under the waves.

Kanohi landed atop of the windmill, striking it with his Kiril Staff. It mended, but parts of the cobbled together structure had been shoved and shaken by the storm. As it regenerated it no longer fit together, making it shift and slid under the flood. He was making it worse. And he did not have time to wait for Collector.

Kanohi grappled to a nearby hut as the windmill crumbled, his breathing heavy. He … he had to do this right. With shaky aim he aimed past the windmill and fired his Volo Lutu Launchet. He was ripped from the roof to fly past the windmill, extending his arm as he did. 

He hooked the Matoran, and immediately his arm screamed in pain. Still he endured and carried the Bo-Matoran away, before tumbling onto a different hut. Kanohi went limp there, panting beside she Matoran.

Thank you, Akiri,” the Matoran of Jungle managed, panting. Kanohi did not respond, instead moaning in pain, collapsed on the roof.

Oh, um, I think I can get you something for the pain,” The Bo-Matoran reached into his satchel and began to mix a few herbs, grinding them into a paste. But as he did there was a rumbling, the house beginning to quake against the waves.

Kanohi struggled and lightly tapped the staff to the roof, barely able to move his arm being being hit with throbbing pain. As he moaned the Bo-Matoran worked, lathering the paste into his wounds.

The Fe-Matoran felt his arms go numb as the paste was rubbed into him, and he shakily stood up. “I … I will get the Collector,” Kanohi said shakily, stumbling, “th-they can carry you to safety.” The Bo-Matoran nodded, and the vigilante turned Akiri grappled away. 

Collector frowned as they froze another chunk of the quagmire, Kanohi had been gone for a while. Had the Matoran gotten himself killed? No, had their friend gotten himself killed? They stood up and wadded through the mud, where had the Fe-Matoran gotten to.

Then with a thud Kanohi landed onto a rooftop, panting. Collector splashed aside the water, scooping the Matoran up, who nodded. “D-did not have time to wait. Got a Bo-Matoran to safety, but it won’t last. Can you carry him to safety?

Of course, why even ask?

The Bo-Matoran shivered as the stone hut quaked, the flood shredding away layers of rock. He could feel the structure crumbling beneath him, the water lapping and eroding his shelter. The Matoran swallowed, braving himself, only to feel himself lifted up by his waist by a large hand.

Collector hoisted him onto their shoulder, flashing a serpentine grin. Then with a stomp they wadded through the water, heading back to safer ground. The Matoran of Jungle clung on, even as he spied Kanohi hanging on the opposite shoulder, the other Matoran breathing heavy. 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Mahrika - “The Mask of Water(fall) Breathing”

Mahrika had stumbled at the sound of the Administrator, falling on her back. Shakily she laid there, trying to process. The … this Ruin was built to let Builders contact the Aspects? But, making pacts was sacrilegious to her people, she remembered that. She would have been a pariah. But it, this ancient ruins, the pacts were intentional? Her pact with Tuakana, when they saved Vokarda, that was … her people once did that? Without being considered monstrous?

If she had any hesitation at all in Tuakana, it flaked off her like dandruff. 

Vokarda massaged her back, embracing her spine. Shakily she stood up, hugging her partner through her abdomen. “I … I would like more information as well. I believe a lot of our history has been lost. I … do not remember much here. Can you tell me of our history?“ 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

 
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - Vahki Hive below Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

 

Saybo dutifully stayed at Aurax’s side, a silent servant ready to do whatever was required of him. The muted lighting and almost otherworldly scenery raised his senses. Surprise attacks while in unknown territory were always the most devastating. He tried to take in as much as he could of the structure of the room, noting the closest hexes with Vahki inside.

Something just seemed off in this place. And it wasn’t just the weird clean yet overheated smell. Maybe it was the pool of dead Vahki, or maybe it was the weird AI hologram thing. Whatever it was, Saybo remained casually at the ready, his pistol holster unclasped and ready to be pulled.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

Cravious nodded, his savage grin splitting his gaunt face. He led the jet black Aspect into the Cube, motioning to Clash to close up the garage ramp. With a whirr of quiet engines, the massive ramp lifted up, clanging into place. There was a moment of hissing as it sealed itself. The Cube was always ready to go without outside air for extended periods of time.

Lit by many lights on the ceiling, hanging from the ceiling, and built into many walls and desks, Whira saw a chaotic mess of mechanical parts strewn across the ground. No, they weren’t strewn exactly. They were in piles, kept out of pathways, and none of them appeared dusty, implying they were constantly being moved and used. They were chaotic, yet seemed to have a system to them.

Various hoses and pipes lined the walls and the few small rooms. They seemed almost comically large, and yet they produced no noise. Several weapon and tool racks and shelves  lined one wall, kept so orderly that they appeared to be part of a store, which they actually were. A customer door was set up on that wall and little price tags were below each item.

There were several walkways, ladders, and stairs that crisscrossed through the massive vehicle, leading to six separate rooms, all of which seemed to be securely locked up. In one corner, five hammocks could be seen partially behind a curtain. There were also several stations in the wall, looking like they were for navigation, weapons, and a couple with undetermined purpose.

The walls had several doors and hatches, all sealed and looking secured from the inside. Cravious’s garage portion lay immediately before them, with a couple ACR parts hanging from the ceiling, an almost finished ACR in Voracious’ workstation, and Cravious’ Debt Collector looking imposing as it sat nearby, ready for quick use.

Sagacious eyed Cravious from one of the balconies. He waved her off, “Take us north. To the Tarakava Warband. Well, former warband. I have a debt that needs collecting. Whira here and I have a lot of work to do.

Sagacious shook her head, thoughts her own, as she went back to the Cube’s steering and propulsion controls. With a lurch, the Cube began it’s trek north, transitioning from the legs to the treads for greater sustained speed in the current terrain. The ziggurat that was the Ruins of Fire slowly faded into the distance as she kept watch of the cameras.

Cravious bringing an Aspect on board and then traveling was an interesting play. She wondered what his plans might be.

Down below, Cravious pulled out his now sole remaining Heartlight from a sentient being. He offered it to Whira, grin still plastered on his face. He looked into her swirling purple eyes, “I, Cravious, will fulfil your wish of having me help you, Whira, Desecrate a Nui-Jaga. In return, I wish to be able to know the thoughts of friends and foes alike.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Snelly @~Xemnas~

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added Saybo. And accidentally said Tuakana Warband instead of Tarakava.

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Grime | Ash Barrens

With the aspect’s arrival, Grime lowered his gaze and muttered a hasty prayer under his lips. 

OOC: @Sparticus147, @Conway, @Burnmad

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Le-Metru Nuva

“Thank you Viltia, I appreciate that you trust your friends. Well, if someone had a Rode that would be a good start in getting to the bottom of things,” Torch commented after Viltia’s interjection. Torch didn’t need a rifle to snipe Sidra with his words. It wasn’t the last time he’d bring up her lack of trust. Torch turned his gaze from Sidra and Viltia to the crowd behind him. Turning around, he took stock of the villagers assembled in the rain. Of course luck wasn’t on their side: not a single mask of truth amongst the village. The other village elders wanted one badly to help with the occasional squabble, but even Beruv couldn’t make one just yet. Torch went to keep speaking, but then he heard the rumble of an engine over the falling of the rain. 

“What’s that sound? That’s not our generators,” Torch said as he pushed through the crowd to look out towards the path leading from the village towards the lumber yard.

 

Wing left the guard post in time to hear the rumble of an engine from outside the village. Her eyes widened as she saw the massive machine, with an equally massive skakdi driving it. When Sidra said a skakdi was coming, Wing had hoped for someone a little smaller.

“We got incoming,” Wing shouted as she leaned out over the rail and pointed her finger towards the careening vehicle. She kept staring out into the darkness beyond the vehicle in time to see the twisted movements of something large, ungainly, and alien giving chase.

OOC: @Sparticus147, @Kal the Guardian, @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Karz," she spat, hurrying after Torch. Great timing... 

Regrets spiraled through her mind. If she'd stayed behind to help Viltia search for the infiltrator, instead of looking for strays on the ground and trying to find an evacuation route, maybe they would have found them already. If she hadn't spent so much time posturing and trying to explain herself, instead of just hypnotising Torch into answering a few questions, this confrontation would have been settled already. 

But there was no time for regrets.

If the enemy was here already, then there was no time for anything...

@Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

Drukarus did not bear a grin of satisfaction or a look of surprised when Barius gave his answer, instead stoic Ba-Skakdi simply bowed his head and responded to Barius in the same deep, emotionless voice of his, "I thank you, warchief Barius." 

"Fair morning, I hope I'm not interrupting anything?"

Raising back up his head, Drukarus took noticed the same odd-entity known as Parnassus that Drukarus had met the other day, an odd facsimile of a smile upon their face. Giving a solemn response and not returning the smile in kind, Drukarus replied, "No, in fact...Our business here is done." And in one fell motion, Drukarus lifted the head of his maul, and firmly planted it upon the chains that bound Grime's feet, the soft clang of the mighty maul making contact with the chains muffled by the ground that was now being pressed against the great weight. Then, to those watching, a distortion in the air around the maul's head could be seen, as if everything around the maul was being pulled directly down into the earth, with the weight of the maul increasing by two, three, four, five times, and then snap.

Ceasing the flow of power and lifting his maul from the spot, the chains that once restricted Grime's legs were now shattered, crushed beneath the immense gravitonic weight, and a deep depression being left in the ground where the maul once was. With that, Drukarus looked back up towards Barius, a hard look upon his shimmering purple optics, an evident challenge to Barius to revoke his own words and to renounce what had just happened. 

Tearing his own gaze away from the warchief, Drukarus gave Grimes a light push on his back and directed the Matoran to follow him to the tree that Grime's found Drukarus asleep under, intent on continuing their former conversation.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Conway

IC: Zak-Yak (The Fire Ruins)

Within Zak-Yak's mind, a flowing cascade of voices were crying out, some of them reverent and grateful, others fearful and concerned, and one simply passive and expectant.

"Hello

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit,"

These voices ceased entirely when Providence spoke, for all at once Zak-Yak fell under thrall before Providence dark rite, his entire attention focused on the Aspect that was before him. And deep within Zak-Yak's subconscious, drawn to the surface by Providence's words, of his actions, from his compassion, came long ancient memories of kindness past, of true kindness. For Zak-Yak remembered how he was the runt of his siblings, so weak and small, dependent on all others for his own continued survival. Zak-Yak remembered the constant abused inflicted upon him by his brothers and sisters, never a single sign of pity ever given to him. Zak-Yak remembered his only source of consolation, the kind, loving, caring caress of his mother and the soft, beautiful, and almost haunting sound of her voice as she lulled Zak-Yak to sleep.

"Hello

Goodbye."

It was with those final words, and the flood of memories past that brought tears to the Mesi's face, a look of absolute joy and thanks upon the Mesi's face. And it was at that moment, that forevermore, that no matter what, Zak-Yak would follow Providence to the ends of the earth, for his kindness and compassion was all that Zak-Yak ever wanted, as he wrapped his limbs around Providence waist, crying tears of joy into the Aspect.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch

 

The sound of the engine barely made it over the sound of the rain drenching the assembled group or over the leaves below the village that helped to buffer the noise. Headlights cut through the stormy night like twin beams of lightning. It was now too late to shutter the lightstone lamps set up in the village in order to hide their presence.

Another shudder vibrated the village, though no lightning had struck. What even was that? Thoughts for another time.

Viltia went to the railing beside Torch, a crack of lightning striking and providing scarce illumination for a brief moment. Behind the rig was something large, loping along with mismatched limbs. Somehow it wasn’t absorbing any life from plants, because she would have felt it. That was kind of concerning.

Her mind leapt to the Kahu, thinking of using it to gain air superiority. But not in this rain, and not under the canopy. No, she would need something like a Nui-Rama or Nui-Kopen to be able to do that. And the village certainly would never be able to tame those.

Viltia grabbed her axe/crossbow from her back, finger on the trigger of the crossbow portion. It was through several layers of leaves, in the dark of night, and in the middle of a rainstorm, but she started firing, aiming for the unnatural mass behind the rig. She had to protect her friends, regardless of any imposter.

Her bolts remained silent when fired, but the light from them lit up the night and the lower canopy they were fired through. She remained half aware of herself and half immersed in the Green. She wouldn’t be surprised again. If any plant died around the village, she would know about it.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

"Jovan!!" Arkius cried out, audible relief in his voice as he reached out one of his hands, placing it upon the damp earthen wall. Focusing, he commanded the earth to gently envelop Jovan and pull him out of the water, before bringing him over, the immense earthen Toa grabbing the weakened and battered Turaga, placing him on his back where an earthen harness bound the two of them together, allowing Jovan to wrap his arms around the Toa's shoulders or neck if he had the strength to. "Hold on, Turaga, I'll get us out of this." With another focused use of his powers, Arkius thrust his free hand back into the wall, forging another hold for himself before willing the earth to pull him and Jovan up toward the tunnel's ceiling, before it seemed to swallow them up, the earthen Toa willing the earth to envelop and pull them up further through its depths until finally they breached the surface, a minor shell of earth protecting Jovan with an air bubble as Arkius got himself and Jovan out of the deep water flooding. Arkius noted with some relief that the rain seemed to have subsided, though the water flooding the village would still have to be dealt with.

Arkius promptly made his way over to his allies with Jovan still on his back, the earthen air bubble around the Turaga's head crumbling away now that it was unneeded. Another matoran clinging to the ruins of a building, trying not to get pulled away by the water torrent, caught Arkius' attention, who grabbed the matoran out of the water and carried them under one of his arms. The matoran weakly vocalized their gratitude, though Arkius did not respond, simply pressing onward. There was much work to be done.

@Harvali@Tarn@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Toru Nui

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Sub-Coliseum Vahki Hive

The holographic matoran inclined its head—in gratitude for Aurax using its chosen name or in obedience to his command, he couldn't tell. Its voice, emanating from unseen speakers overhead, seemed weirdly disconnected from its body.

"We welcome the opportunity to rebuild our city," Nuparu said. "Barraki Pridak's inaction caused us no small dismay. We are at your service."

As the hologram spoke, the two newcomers became aware of something happening beneath their feet. The sound of gears turning and pistons firing came from under the floor. A jet of steam spurted from an unseen valve somewhere to their left. A hole spun open in the floor before them, and a monitor rose slowly out of it, perched on a pole wrapped in thick cables. As it ascended, the screen flickered to life. Lines of indecipherable code sputtered across its surface, glowing acid-green. The screen whirred to a stop just below eye level, and the lines of code were replaced by a command line ending in a blinking cursor. 

The hole in the floor creaked as it spun in the opposite direction, wrapping its edges snugly around the base of the pole. The computer terminal stood before Aurax and Saybo as though it had been there all along.

"We have provided a terminal," Nuparu said. "Please access it at your convenience."

OOC: @~Xemnas~,  @Kal the Guardian

 

IC: Oreius | The Coliseum

Oreius stumbled through the halls of the Coliseum as if sleepwalking. Memories crashed against the inside of his skull, leaving him dazed. He had fought for so long to keep them buried, but the sight of Stannis performing that cursed ritual with Aurax had brought them all back. He had never forgotten, but he had pretended to forget. It had been so long that he had almost managed to convince himself that he really had.

Now that illusion was in tatters. He felt nauseated, but stumbled on. He had to get out of here. Get out of this city. Go find a place where things made sense, if such a place still existed. A place where black and white still existed in stark enough contrast so as to be discernable. How he hated these shades of gray! War had been easy compared to this.

He found himself in the elevator, going down. The last time he had been here, he had been ascending with a singular purpose that had given him an icy clarity. Kill Pridak. Now that clarity was gone, and in its place was a tangled mass of uncertainty and doubt.

He passed the occasional Vahki as he made his way out of the Coliseum, but the robotic soldier paid him no mind. It seemed Aurax had spoken truly: he was now a guest. The days of slinking undetected through back alleys and half-collapsed tunnels were just a memory. He could walk proudly through the city now, but he hung his head in shame. What good was his freedom if a heretic sat upon the throne, the city's rightful citizens cast out like dogs?

Out of the blurry mess of indecision rose, at last, the suggestion of a path. The heart of Metru Nui was the Matoran. If the city was lost, at least for now, then he would go back and protect its former inhabitants. He would shield them from the ravages of a cursed land until the time was right to return. 

His course decided, Oreius made his way towards the shipyards. It was time, at long last, to return.

 

IC: Tuakana | Fortress Ruins

"All are brothers," they said mournfully. "Here. Yonder. Gasping on the shore. The guilt is shared with the spilling. This land will not forgive forever."

They turned again to Atamai and the artifacts.

"What have you done?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Ash Barrens

Parnassus sidled up next to Barius, their gaze flitting between the shattered links of chain on the ashy ground, to the departing duo of Druukarus and Grime, to the visage of the warband leader himself -- trying to discern the thoughts within that massive skull.

"Cheeky individual, that one," the Aspect said. "Reminds me of a certain someone, actually."

OOC: @Burnmad

-Void

  • Like 1

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Warskak Camp

A faint expression of bemusement lighted upon the warchief's face as the latest threat to his rule left his audience, Matoran companion in tow. He seemed unperturbed by what had just happened; tickled, even.

Indeed, within his mind, he considered the move by Drukarus to be self-destructive, if anything. He had defied not the authority of Barius, but the authority of the one who had kept Grime in chains to begin with-- one who had come before Barius, and who was now very much dead. And the act of compassion which he had shown the Matoran would not win him any points with the Warskaks, either. It was true that they had formed some degree of attachment to Grime, but their affections were not for Grime the individual consciousness; no, they cared only for the musician as an oddity, a sort of pet. The act of breaking his chains endeared the Zakazian Skakdi no more to Drukarus than would the removal of a dog's collar. If the action the former warlord had taken was intended to be part of the game the two played, then Barius counted it a terribly miscalculated one.

But there were holes in Barius' reasoning as well, for in his musings, he did not consider the value of the Matorans' own loyalties. Time alone would tell their weight.

Presently, the hulking Skak turned to Parnassus, who had materialized at his side, as he reckoned darklings were wont to do. He did not engage with the Aspect's words; instead, he raised his voice over the growing sound of morning bustle, and announced to all who could hear: "I have decided that we shall return to Fort Nektann. When we next tread these sands, the settlement we visited yesterday will be reduced to rubble. We do not need their paltry tributes. The same goes for the larger settlement which my predecessor had aimed to visit next." He turned and gestured to the gleaming metal skull which loomed on the horizon. "The head which has crashed upon our island belongs now to us, and we will assert our rightful authority over the weaklings that reside within it!"

A chorus of cheers rang out at his declaration.

OOC: @Conway @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata

Will post my other characters later, have DnD now.

  • Like 3

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Corrivalis - Warskak Camp 

Watching on with the rest of his brothers and sisters in arms, Corrivalis raised his weapon to the sky and joined his warcry with those of his kin. Inaction and uncertainty left him feeling purposeless - it was good to finally know where the future would be taking him. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Providence - Outside Ruins of Fire

"That was quick," Providence muttered cheerily as Cravious returned in short order with a shiny new Talon. Almost too quick, he pondered internally. If the ACR arm were not obviously gleaming, he would have been suspicious that the Skakdi he'd just done business with had tried to cheat them on the repairs.

Bending down, he lifted Zak-Yak to his feet, and after accepting the device from Cravious, helped Zak-Yak to harness it to himself once again. Evidently, he was satisfied with the quality of the work, because he said nothing as Cravious and his entourage swiftly departed.

He looked around at those who remained. "Well, what now?" His tone was light and his cadence upbeat, indicating optimism.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Vezok's Friend The Cube and its occupants part ways from Prov & co.

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

Morangad weighed the shadow-corrupted Toa's words, massaging his aching neck as he formulated a response. "I do not know much about these ruins. I do know the location of another, however. But what I wonder first is whether more secrets remain within this place. In any case, I think we had best stick together for the time being. The swamp holds many hazards, to say nothing of our enemies, who have held dominion over this island for millennia before your coming."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Spart again

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

The Onu-Matoran listened apprehensively for the Administrator's response. He was so confused by the things this voice was saying; moreover, Mahrika seemed equally confused, despite being a native of this world.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 5:14 PM, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins 

Taja nodded at last. "You're welcome. You've helped me, too, even if it wasn't how I expected."

She looked around at their ancient surroundings, unsure of what to say next.

"My goal is the same: to gather enough strength to protect my people. If you know more secrets to share, or places to find them, then we might as well stick together."

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins 

And that was it.

She'd been expecting Taja to leap at the opportunity to make demands of her, to capitalise on the debt the way an Aspect or warskak surely would. It was further confirmation that these new beings were different, in ways she was still struggling to understand. 

"You wish to strengthen your people... and this new knowledge gives us the means to do it," she finally replied, "With these new kraata I can bestow powers without your people needing to take the lives of others. I tried to cheat the process when I... made you... but now I can do it right." 

@Eyru @Burnmad @Sparticus147

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja nodded at Whisper's reply. "Then maybe we should bring this knowledge back. Before the raiders finish what the League started."

She looked at Morangad. "You can join us, if you like. Metru-Koro welcomes anyone who comes in peace."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Grime | Ash Barrens

Free of his shackles, Grime followed dutifully behind Drukarus as the massive skakdi departed from Barius. Grime didn’t know what to expect, and he certainly didn’t plan to linger. Wherever She went, he followed. Seeing the aspect at the side of the new warskak leader gave Grime a moment of concern. Would She approve of the aspect’s learning of her secrets? Certainly not, Grime decided.

But mistakes happened. Mistakes got him into this mess to begin with. Mistakes could get him out. Mistakes could also end his life. Grime realized he’d stopped walking and dashed to keep up. 

Where did Drukarus plan to go next?

OOC: @Sparticus147, @Burnmad, @Conway


IC: Administrator | Ruins of Water

"Certainly," the Administrator replied to Mahrika's request. "What do you wish to remember?"

ooc: @Burnmad, @Harvali

 

IC: Vhisola | edge of Fau Swamps

On the journey, Vhisola saw a strange mountain to the west near the coast. It’s sides were far more angular than she expected of natural terrain, but without a telescope she couldn’t get a better look. Instead, she contented herself with imagining it to be a strange palace, or maybe a spaceship that could take everyone back to where they came from, while she ascended the stairs of shadow made by Sorilax.

Vhisola found herself breathing hard as she reached the top of the hillside. There, only a few more hours of walking away, stood Metru-Koro. She couldn’t help but wonder why the place grew up where it did: next to a toxic lake full of horror, within earshot of their mortal enemy, and out in the flat open. No matter the awkward placement, Metru-Koro was home now. She wanted to go home. She wanted to know her friends were safe.

“Oh, yes, the scroll,” Vhisola said as Sorilax’s words pulled her out of her thoughts. “Sure, here you go. Sorry, I sort of spilled breakfast on it this morning, but it cleaned off okay. Thanks for lending it to me, I learned a lot. I hope you become a great spirit someday and make this place better.”

She shouldered her pack and looked over Sala and Sorilax one more time. The thought of traveling to the ruins they spoke of exploring tempted her, but she needed to know her friends were safe. Maybe she could catch up with them later, and she could bring her friends along too? Vhisola thought about how nice that would be. 

“Thanks,” she said after a moment to her two new friends. “You’re both pretty okay. Best strangers in this strange land I’ve met so far. Best of luck on your adventures. Maybe stop by Metru-Koro sometime to let me know what you find.”

With that Vhisola began her walk to Metru-Koro, leaving Sala and Sorilax behind. It would be later in the day the two adventurers discovered Vhisola hid flower crowns in their bags.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147
 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Le-Metru Nuva

From the flashes of lightning, through the pouring rain, Sidra counted the arms on the aberration hunting the vehicle. In short, there were too many. Villagers split off from the ring around Viltia, Sidra, and Torch. They ran to their posts or to their huts in the trees. Viltia dashed to the rails, firing her silent weapon at the oncoming horror. Each hit blew wide holes in its corpse-strewn form, leaving behind partially formed entities to struggle in the mud, but the holes quickly sealed with the death of nearby plantlife. Its arms pulled it along, no legs to be seen, and it rushed towards Uraborask’s rig with the ferocity of a muaka cat. 

Wing shouted orders over the pouring rain and the rolling thunder. Disks flew from the treetops, spinning through the air with varying effects blossoming where they struck. 

The mucus strands spread as the host of untethered left behind began to rush forward as a single minded horde. Their mouths screeched, they sunken eyes bulged, and their tarnished masks glinted with what little light found its way through the upper canopy. 

The battle for Le-Metru Nuva had begun.

OOC: @Sparticus147, @Kal the Guardian, @Nato the Traveler, welcome to the challenge you requested! Should Le-Metru Nuva stand true and make it through this encounter, I believe it is fair for your characters to do that timeskip afterwards as we all talked about in the OOC topic. You can play your characters and the NPCs of Le-Metru Nuva too (including the ones I've been playing). Please note this is a deadly encounter, as the reward is very valuable. Let's play!

  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

Sidra felt like she was reliving a nightmare. 

The circumstances were different - rumbling thunder instead of roaring foundries, rain and cloud instead of smoke and thunder - but the horror and revulsion she felt within was harrowingly familiar. Just as she'd been unable to destroy Othorak after he and the Matoran he'd slaughtered had begun to rise from the ruin, she could see no way to destroy these monstrosities. 

Not her.

Not alone. 

She watched on wordlessly as the projectiles the defenders fired rained down upon the undead entity, slicing away chunks of it that left behind smaller, screeching creatures in the mud, while the main monster contained its hungry pursuit of the skakdi's rig. There was no telling how long it would stay focused on the mobile prey, given the abundance of stationary targets now above it. They needed to act now. 

"Viltia, stop firing! We need to contain them!" She ran towards where the Bo-Toa stood, shouting over the raging rain and thudding thunder, "Use the tree roots, like we talked about! Collapse the ground underneath the main creature, cut it off from life it can drain!" 

The conditions were perfect. She could already see how slick and muddy the ground was becoming. If Viltia could succeed in creating a pit, then the marshy mess would make it harder for the interconnected corpses to clamber out. And if it came to it, she knew Viltia was willing to kill the nearby foliage herself to prevent the undead from feeding on it. 

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Collector laid the Bo-Matoran inside the Knowledge Tower, smiling as other Matoran all but tackled the wounded to begin to treat his injuries. The Vortixx turned away and crouched, before stepping out of the tower. As they looked about they made a serpentine grin, drawing their Kanoka Blade and raising it to the air in victory. The rain had stopped, only faint sprinkling remained.

Collector,” Kanohi grappled over to latch to the side of the tower, “the rain has stopped, but the ground is still unstable, and there is still a flood. Can you help solidify the ground, while I regenerate the huts?”

I will do what I can,” they nodded, wading through the muddy water. With every so many steps they stabbed the ground, freezing it solid into dirty crystals. They groaned, their legs froze, before they flexed and shattered the ice. They stomped past it, resuming freezing the ground but trying to avoid freezing themself. 

Above the Vortixx, Kanohi grappled from hut to hut, regenerating the stone buildings. As he bounded and launched about, he spotted Arkius. “Toa Arkius,” he grappled over, “do you think you can stabilize the quagmire, keep the village from sinking?

He paused and looked away from the Toa, adding, “I … I know the village likely cannot last. Between the raid, the Skakdi knowing where we are, and now this flood we … Po-Koro is too unstable. But we need shelter for the night at least. Afterwards we will … we will try to mend the radio tower, see if the Taku can evavuate us to a more stable area. Maybe Metru-Koro, if it’s still standing.

The vigilante turned Akiri shook his head, “it’s kind of funny, isn’t it? I am in charge for less than a day, and Po-Koro crumbles.” If he still trusted in Mata-Nui, he would have taken this as a sign of disapproval from the god. He changed the subject, “did you see that monster? The giant beast? I … I think it was summoning the rain somehow.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Mahrika - “The Mask of Water(fall) Breathing

Mahrika hesitated, what could she ask? What exactly did she need to know first? Or rather, what did Tuakana need to know. Swallowing she said, “The Matoran of this land were all but wiped out millennia ago, I only remember bits and pieces of our culture. But I remember that the Aspects were considered dangerous by our superstitions, that it was forbidden to associate with them. Why is there a gong then to draw them here, in this older ruin? Why does this ruin encourage making a pact with them?

Then thinking of Tuakana she added, “There is something else I need to know too. I found this disk that can freeze what it strikes.” She pulled out the Kanoka, “I do not remember this kind of tool, but can you give me more information on disks like this?” They tried to focus on Tuakana, alert them that she was asking about the disks they sought. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Wincing as he hauled himself back onto two feet, Skorm surveyed the damage as  Okuo approached. "You mean the mutant skakdi raid, the bombing, or the warhawk leadership?" Skorm had had enough of this town. The Aspect was courteous, at least. "I'm fine, just... tired. Excuse me," he said as he parted the group to make his way back to Keitara. Irna was conversing with one of the strangers.

"Kei, you alright?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku @TL01 NUVA

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins of Fire

Whira's face broke into a thin smile as she took the heartlight that the Skakdi offered her. She opened her mouth, and spoke the same ancient words that Providence had spoken only moments before.

"Goodbye

Hello

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit

Two midnight horrors cry and shift

Make them squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host

Tear the yolk and spread its gold

Devour knowledge and their ghost

Pray for prey forever sold

Hello

Goodbye"

As the ritual proceeded, the heartlight began writhing, changing into a slimy, disgusting creature. A kraata. As Whira finished her incantation, she reached over and placed the newly created kraata of mind reading on the back of Cravious's neck. The creature bit down, uniting the two in their unholy bond.

"The contract is bound," Whira said.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Cravious has received a level 1 kraata of mind reading. 

IC, Aurax: Vahki hive

Aurax smiled and strode over to the computer. He flexed his fingers in an almost comical way, and began to type. His fingers became a blur as he entered in various commands and codes. He explored the deepest depths of the Vahki programming, and he all at once he gained and lost respect for their creator, Nuparu. Much of the programming was excellent, so much so that Aurax was impressed. Other parts of the code were... messy, and full of contradictions. Aurax didn't particularly have the time or patience at the moment to sort out everything that he saw, so he moved on to the next part of his agenda.

With a few mere taps of the keyboard, Aurax relinquished the Vahki's loyalty to Pridak and Ehlek, and replaced them with himself and Saybo. Satisfied, he pulled out the modified Vahki brain he had brought from his ACR. Pulling out a few choice wires, he connected those to the wires leading to the computer terminal. A new line of code entered the screen, although Aurax was so quick to do what he needed with it that neither Saybo nor the Vahki got to glimpse what it said. Aurax typed more phrases and commands on the keyboard, and then unplugged the Vahki brain from the terminal. He then hit the "Enter" key on the keyboard, and the screen read one line: "Releasing update".

Throughout the city, any aware passersby would have noticed every  Vahki pause briefly all at once as they received their new orders. Just as the odd moment came, it passed, and the Vahki continued on.

Satisfied, Aurax turned to Saybo and the surrounding Vahki.

"Please send what I am about to say to all Vahki within the ciy. I am about to announce my reign to my citizens. Be prepared for potential unrest. Subdue and escort any unruly civilians out of the city. Prepare for any potential attacks on the Coliseum. Protect me at all costs. Tomorrow morning, assuming nobody burns the city down, we will begin to rebuild."

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Piraka Fort

"I... I'm not entirely sure. I was desperate to subdue our attacker, and I decided the quickest way to do that was to combine the power of... these disks, and... I'm just glad I didn't kill him."

OOC: @Eyru @EmperorWhenua

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Sub-Coliseum Vahki Hive

Aurax's fingers danced over the keyboard. Most of Nuparu's programming wasn't particularly difficult for an ex-Nynrah Ghost to decipher, but it was convoluted and rather haphazard. If the Vahki's creator had any organizational methods, they were known only to himself. After a few false starts, Aurax finally managed to locate the directories he was looking for. He poured through the source code, eyes scanning for anything suspicious. Nothing turned up, but that was to be expected. There were hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of lines of code in these directories alone—it would take weeks of work to proofread it appropriately. Just the thought of it was headache-inducing. So he moved on.

There was no trouble replacing Pridak's name with Saybo's and his own: the name of the overthrown king disappeared from the code with just a few keystrokes. If only the actual killing had been that easy. But deleting Ehlek's name was less successful. When Aurax attempted to do so, the command line returned a simple message:

ERROR: 403 FORBIDDEN

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~  @Kal the Guardian

 

IC: Tuakana | Fortress Ruins

The Aspect swung their legs forward, striding closer to Axxon. They peered down at the fallen titan, appearing curious.

"Too soon" they intoned. "Too soon."

They looked back at Atamai.

"What cause for quarrel, young ones? Why this violence?"

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Eyru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Departing Irnakk's Tooth

The warlord turned with a grin to his ACR, preparing to climb into the vehicle and begin the journey back northward. However, seeing the E Street Wagon and recalling that it now belonged to him, he was faced with the problem of how exactly to get it back to the fort. He could carry it there, but it was quite a long journey. And it hardly befitted a warlord to carry his own chariot.

"Hey, you," He pointed at a young Warskak, barely more than a skaklet, who had no vehicle of his own. "You're driving my new car back home. Don't wreck it."

He casually tossed him the keys, which the startled Skakdi caught with no shortage of fear in his eyes. This was less of a privilege than a horrible responsibility.

Turning back, he hopped into his ACR, and raising one massive, armor-clad hand to the sky, signaled their march to begin.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

The Tiokaha frowned slightly. "I appreciate the sentiment, and I wish I could enter your town, but I am unable. I am what most would call a psionic."

His face resumed its typical passivity. "But, that does not mean I am entirely unable to aid your cause. We have a common enemy. The Skakdi which rule over this land are murderers and thieves, and they will surely destroy your kith and kin if they are able. I do not wish that this should come to pass. And... quite frankly, I wish their destruction for the sake of my own personal satisfaction." While he spoke, his nostrils flared, his brow furrowed, and his mouth formed a grimace, as a fraction of the hatred he felt towards the Skakdi seeped through his composed demeanor.

OOC: @Spart again, @Nato again, @Eyru

  • Like 2

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Ash Barrens

As the warskak caught Barius' keys, and the terrible weight of his responsibility pressed down upon his head, a hand clapped him on the shoulder. Parnassus' hand. They said nothing -- just bared their teeth in the way that Boss had done so many times before. Some of Parnassus' teeth might even have sparkled with similar veins of mineral, for they never could recall all the materials that they had cobbled together to make this body. This smile, they hoped, would make its message clear: I do not fear Barius -- not as you do.

Parnassus let go of the warskak and looked over to Corrivalis in the distance. They raised their chin slightly, another gesture picked up from the warband, an unspoken sign of understanding between comrades. The Aspect was already learning much from their time among the locals, and they were glad of it. It was, after all, only through them that the Seventh Seal would be broken open, and the true beating heart of reality bared forth.

Only through them, and their love.

Parnassus straddled their bike and took off, following Barius through fields of ash.

OOC: @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler

-Void

  • Like 2

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Corrivalis - Ash Barrens

The mimic clambered onto the saddle of his Tahtorak - a pale imitation of the real thing he had witnessed not so long ago - and rode off alongside the rest of the war party. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ruin Ruins

"Island," Leklo cautiously addressed Tuakana by the titles they claimed to have, "loam of this land, wind of this world, there was only love."

  • Like 1

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - Vahki Hive below Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

 

Saybo kept glancing at Aurax as he typed, though most of his attention was focused on remaining alert. Saybo had been forced to learn a few basics of coding with his old job, but everything Aurax was doing was far beyond him.

At least it seemed a fight wouldn’t break out. These Vahki appeared loyal for now, so long as no one could affect their code in the same way he was assuming Aurax was doing currently.

As he stood guard, he pondered Aurax’s aura of fear, whatever it was, and how it was getting easier to handle the longer he spent with his Great Being. He kept it shoved into a corner of his mind, forcefully ignoring it and not letting it affect his decisions. Perhaps it was a test of his devotion. If so, he would absolutely not fail his Great Aurax. He would persevere even if it cost him his life.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

 

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Foothills of Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Sala

 

Sorilax stood there, watching Vhisola depart. The wind blew in warm gusts that weren’t strong enough to threaten Sala and his perch atop the rocky outcropping. The sun was bright and the ground dusty. The scent of a small, hardy desert flower could be smelled filling the air.

After a short while, he turned to Sala, “Well, old chap, I do believe it is time that we carried on ourselves.” He looked at Vhisola, who continued to grow smaller as she walked away. He needed to make this world a place set on equal footing for the benefit of those who inhabited it. And he needed to do it without an Aspect’s nature. It really was time to move on.

The trio, turned pair, continued north, with a slight turn to the west. Sorilax talked to Sala as they went along, explaining the outside of Kini-Nui and what he had already written down about it. As they scaled a steep hill, Sorilax remarked, “Actually, the way we are taking now is much faster than how you are supposed to travel to Kini-Nui. There is a whole convoluted passage that I first took. It started at Naho Falls when I was studying the Ruin there. In a nearby cave I found a tunnel that led me through to a cliff, then a forest, then a canyon, with a snow field beyond that! That is not even the end of it, in the snow field was this gate barring entry. I studied it for a while before I merely used my power to climb around it.

Sorilax chuckled at that as he created a Shadow ladder for him and Sala to climb on.

On the other side was a jungle, with Kini-Nui nestled in the middle. Imagine my surprise when I found yet another location to catalogue and record. I was ecstatic. I was almost as happy as when I discovered a far northern type of Mahi that actually has enough features different to make it a new subspecies. I spent…” 

Sorilax continued for some time as they spent several hours climbing Shadow ladders up large swaths of sheer mountain walls. Sorilax knew no fatigue, and Avagah did all the work for Sala. The going was easy with the Shadow ladders, though very precarious. One wrong move and one would fall a very far distance.

They took a late lunch after descending into a valley and almost finishing scaling the other side, where they found a patch of flat ground barely wide enough to sit down on. Sala ate quickly and they were climbing once more.

It was dark by the time they crested the last mountainside, hindering them being able to see Kini-Nui from above. By the time they descended to the small jungle around the structure, it was time to rest. They could walk the rest of the way tomorrow. Who knew what danger might lurk there. No, it was better to be well rested and ready to tackle what may come in the light of day.

Sorilax smirked at this thought. There was safety in light, in the known. He hoped that soon he might be able to taste of that cup.

As Sala drifted off to sleep, Sorilax pulled the Shadow orb from his backpack, finding a flower crown from Vhisola atop it. How… useless. Sorilax closed his optics in regret at the thought. No, not useless. Thoughtful. It evoked emotions in a positive way, and so it held meaning. Placing the crown upon his head, Sorilax studied his Shadow orb.

It was a pure black, oddly mixed with the mutagenic waters from the Fau Swamp marshes. It swirled in ways not seen. In other ways it reached past the physical to touch something more.

There was something to be gleaned from the waters, he knew it. Walking a short ways away from Sala, Sorilax overturned a rock to find a small lizard sleeping, its coloration lost in the night. It opened its optics in surprise as its own shadows warped around it to form a second Shadow sphere. The lizard frantically scrambled around inside as Sorilax walked back to Sala.

The Aspect sat, calming his mind and starting his meditations once more. In his mind’s eye, he sat in his boat, the lighthouse that was Kini-Nui towering over him, its light somehow shining directly on him and only him. Everything else remained black. His boat, his oars, the sky, the sea. All was the color of the void between the stars, of the crushing depths of Taboo knowledge.

Sorilax plunged his hand into the inky black, once more pulling on the thread that stood for his knowledge of the Rahkshi Taboo. The force behind Taboos leapt forefront into his mind, filling it with its deep intricacies, most of the tenets hidden from his comprehension. Foremost of all was the knowledge of the Rahkshi Taboo. He hoped to test it out this very night.

In reality, he created small holes in the orb holding the lizard. He moved it to his mouth, grateful that he had paid extra for a working mouth, and breathed onto the small creature, part of his essence infusing into it. The lizard, who had calmed down considerably considering it’s situation, licked one of its optics.

Sorilax could feel the Rahkshi Taboo at work in the background of the world as it used him as a conduit to affect reality. It was weighing and measuring the lizard, and he felt a return of knowledge that it had too small a Heartlight to turn into a Rahkshi. He had figured that would be the case, but he wasn’t trying to do that anyway.

Sealing the lizard’s Shadow sphere, Sorilax merged both orbs of the night together, the mutagenic waters engulfing the lizard. The Aspect lost sight of the lizard for a moment, despite using Shadow to see since it was so dark out. But he could feel the Rahkshi Taboo trying to work, and there was something more. Something other. Something that was a Taboo, dancing just at the corners of his vision. It was right there, he could almost grasp it!

His mind was taken elsewhere as he sensed the lizard again. The mutagenic water was gone, and the lizard now had a stage one Kraata symbol emblazoned on its head and small spines running down its back. Sorilax could feel the faintest of connections to it. It wasn’t at all what he had thought would happen, but he knew he was almost there. He just needed to think more on what had transpired. He was fairly certain he had all the clues to figure out a new Taboo.

The lizard disappeared from the orb, surprising Sorilax and disrupting his meditation. His mind world vanished back into his subconscious imagination. The lizard reappeared on his head, where it circled a few times and nestled into the flower crown.

Shadow travel? Sorilax had thought the failure of his experimental Taboo usage would be death for the unsuspecting Rahi. Instead, it seemed the mutagenic waters of the swamp sustained life in the creature despite the Taboo failing its original purpose. How interesting.

Sorilax let the lizard remain where it was, dismissing his Shadow orb. He spent the rest of the night meditating on the experiment and pondering the implications. A new Taboo felt so close, like he had it in his hand, but couldn’t yet grasp it.

The sun was blocked half of the day by Irnakk’s Tooth, but Sorilax still roused Sala at dawn and the Matoran ate a meal of what they had gathered on the last section of marshland. Sorilax wrote down his findings of the night before, along with all else he had been discovering during his other nightly meditations. The lizard remained asleep on his head.

With the valley in shadow, but the sky a bright, vibrant blue full of wispy clouds, Sorilax led Sala the rest of the way. The jungle trees eventually fell away to reveal a clearing and there it sat, Sorilax’s goal of making himself better. Of creating a better world for all life.

Kini-Nui.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Torch

 

The Fau Swamp was truly a marvel. Normal swamps held wispy trees or short, fat trees full of gnarled knots. The Fau Swamp grew like a mutated rainforest, with many layers for life to blossom in the corrupted way it did here. Some of the larger trees grew to 200 feet tall and formed something called the emergent layer, towering over the rest of the canopy. The average height of a tree was 100 to 150 feet tall, like the ones that housed Le-Metru Nuva. A fall from the village was a deadly affair.

Below the emergent layer, lay the true meat of the swamp, the canopy layer. In the canopy layer could be found most of the life of the Fau Swamp in the form of mushrooms, vines, moss, and various other plants. The plants gathered nutrients from the frequent rains and how the thick swamp trees retained water in their bark. Many insects also call the canopy home. In fact, by Sorilax’s estimations, around 25 percent of the entire island’s population. Many Brakas groups can live their entire lives here and never touch the ground.

Below the canopy layer was the understory layer, home to many Rahi and birds. The leaves of the trees tended to be much larger there, and Viltia guessed that the average amount of light that reached it was only 5 percent. Due to the area’s nature as a swamp, one could find many patches where light did get through where trees didn’t grow due to ponds and lakes, but for the most part, it was a dark, scary place only lit by glowing fungi and Electric Bugs.

And finally, the bottom-most layer was the swamp floor, where only 2 percent of the sunlight was able to find its way through. Many fungi made their home down there, where most plants couldn’t survive in such a low light. A majority of the swamp floor was roots, mud, and murky water, full of garbage from civilizations past. It was a dark, dank, dangerous place full of giant insects and mutated Rahi super predators.

Giant mushrooms occasionally took the place of trees throughout the swamp, though they were rare. They were always easy to spot, due to them being able to be any color they wished. Purple, Neon Pink, Orange, etc. Their shapes were not normal, either, with many growing in strange patterns or unnatural shapes. Several smaller giant mushrooms grew from the large swamp trees themselves, the trees somehow gathering enough nutrients to provide for themselves and their parasites as well.

Le-Metru Nuva was close to the edge of the Fau Swamp, where it turned into marshes, and so the canopy was thinner and allowed more light to filter through. This helped them grow crops and also to move about on the swamp floor with more safety. They were nestled in the middle of the canopy layer, with the understory layer providing even more leaf cover to hide their presence from any who might peer up from below.

But all that height and all that secrecy was for nothing in the end. The undead had found them. In the dark of the canopy, in the dark of night, and in the dark of a rain storm, the undead had found them nevertheless. They were led to them by an unsuspecting Skakdi, though Viltia knew in her Heartlight that the undead would have found them anyway.

Her shots, though they hit their mark and atomized large chunks of the arm being, only made things worse as other chunks started to form their own undead. The silver mucus that tied them together could be seen even from 125 feet up through the torrents of rain.

Her mind was extremely focused to the point of losing vision of all else except her connection to the Green as she channeled the hours of practice she had put in firing her laser crossbow since she had become a Toa.

Sidra’s words cut her focus like a machete through a vine and brought her back to the full situation.

"Viltia, stop firing! We need to contain them!" Sidra ran towards where the Bo-Toa stood, shouting over the raging rain and thudding thunder.

Viltia stopped, placing her finger on the trigger guard like Spark had taught her, momentarily confused as her mind adjusted to more than just firing. She could feel the undead below draining the life of the trees and scarce foliage.

Sidra continued as another vibration hit the village, though it didn’t line up with the thunder yet again. "Use the tree roots, like we talked about! Collapse the ground underneath the main creature, cut it off from life it can drain!"

Viltia nodded, thinking through what needed to be done. The swamp floor was too far away for her to affect. She needed something to use as a conduit.

The trees.

Viltia moved to the other side of the platform, Torch stepping aside, and reached out her left hand over the railing, grabbing a hold of the leaves that were the normal view of the village. The tree they were connected to filled her being as she gave herself completely over to Observation of her element. She was old, she was worn, she was sturdy.

She wiggled her roots, grabbing the roots of other surrounding trees and connecting mentally to them as well. She continued this until she was many trees. A vast ecosystem contained on a few sturdy trunks. She went until she completely surrounded the actively dying plants. Then she curled her roots, pulling them under herself. There was a great groaning that could even be heard above the rain as the tree roots moved beneath the village. Le-Metru Nuva swayed but held firm, clinging to the separate trees it was built upon.

The ground came alive as it wiggled and shifted at the motion, making loud, wet slopping sounds as pockets of air were created and released by the movement. The mud became muck as all the roots below it retreated and the ground began to sink and suck in all upon it.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 This is my personal head canon for the Fau Swamp and not an official GM ruling of how the swamp actually functions. But this explains how I've been writing for the Fau Swamp since the beginning of SKR. Basically a mutated Swamp/Rainforest mix.

 

IC: Le-Metru Nuva NPCs - Various Species - Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, Uraborask, Viltia

 

Due to limitations that only recently had been lifted, most Kanoka discs thrown were of Onu-Metru designation, though in this case it happened to be a good thing. Even as the discs struck, several were diverted from their courses and so returned to their throwers, giving them second chances.

Most discs were of level 1 and 2, and so offered weakened results, but they were far better than nothing. There were several level 3s that had been made that day and the day before that were being kept in hands only to be thrown if the threat moved closer. There was no need to waste them.

Most of the guard posts were below the canopy layer, where the thick branches formed their own roads of traversal. One might be able to walk from one end of the Fau Swamp to the other if one were wise enough. The guard posts were far closer to danger, but it was required if they wanted to be able to protect the swamp floor below Le-Metru Nuva from rampaging Rahi.

Many of these posts were now filled with many differing species. They were hidden by the dark, thick leaves, and the downpour of rain. Only the thrown discs revealed their locations but for a moment.

A female Voritixx threw her discs with well honed accuracy and the aid of a Ruru, her vision the best of the village in the dark. She was now behind the horde as it advanced on the swamp floor.

A male member of Lariska’s species threw Kanoka and knives with abandon, his Mask of Rebounding offering him many chances to strike again as long as he caught what returned to him.

The male Zyglak was oddly silent as he handed out weapons to Matoran that had no combat training or experience. The weight of the situation hung heavy upon him. If the undead scaled the trees, he would be the first to enter the fray to protect those who couldn’t protect themselves.

Spark leaned precariously over the edge for the village’s only elevator. It had been lowered down into the understory layer of the trees, where he used his Matatu to retrieve the Kanoka that had struck true and had not returned to their throwers. He grabbed as many as he dared before signaling with a lightstone to have the Steltian that worked the elevator to pull him up so he could start restocking the villagers’ defenses.

Torch left Sidra and Viltia to check on the non-combatants, few though they were. The rain fueled his anger as he wished for it to stop so he could melt down the monsters below. He didn’t save everyone here just so they could die a couple weeks later. When he saw the Zyglak finish arming the few non-combatants, he brought the Zyglak and the group to the elevator to help with the Kanoka redistribution chain.

Beruv cooled off a level 4 weaken Kanoka, head swiveling as the roar of an engine beat out the sound of rain. Then there was a great groaning of trees, as if the forest itself had come alive. For once, she stopped work of her own volition. Concern passed over her face. Just what was going on? Something horrible was happening, she just knew it.

Shuttering her lightstone lamps and closing both forges’ blast doors, the hut fell into darkness as Beruv grabbed several discs, using her memory to guide her hand. She moved to the door and slowly cracked it. The sound of rain and a rush of humidity flooded the forging hut, though no explanations for the weird noises presented themselves. Lightning flashed, though it provided little light and didn’t help her see anything of value.

She eased out into the night, confident that even a starving Rahi couldn’t find her in this oppressive rain that even managed to filter down through the many layers of leaves and branches.

Wing was in her element, jumping from post to post, running along large, slick branches to give orders to her guards. Her feet ran true, her balance remained strong. She did all she could to provide the best defense in a disastrous situation.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Northern Desert

With - Whira

 

Cravious felt… odd. It was one thing to see the ritual’s results and quite another to experience it yourself. He touched his new Kraata, which seemed to pulse with life. It felt just like the protodermis muscle that sat around his face and down his back. And it was just sitting there, he was one with it now. It was… odd.

And there was no sudden surge in power, no immediate ability to read minds. Cravious was disappointed at this, but not surprised. Based on his hirelings, stage 1 Kraata were fairly weak and offered little benefit. Some appeared to do nothing unless a specific circumstance took place. All he needed to do was help Whira get stronger, and then take her out if he must.

He kept his savage grin, “Bound indeed. I just need to make a quick stop, then you can take us where you will.

The craggy rock of the mountain sped away underneath them as they traveled north, with the ground quickly becoming sandy. The treads of the Cube took the sand in stride and kept them booking along. Half a day passed by as Cravious used his telescopic and X-Ray vision to avoid any and all potential hiccups and threats while they rode on.

The sands started to have boulders occasionally poking out as the terrain changed once more. There were occasionally large clumps of boulders, like some giant had tossed them there in his spare time. It was at one of these clumps of boulders that they stopped, some distance away.

Cravious grabbed his briefcase and retrieved the Debt Collector’s Heartlight key. He expertly climbed inside, closing it upon himself. Speakers on the ACR projected his voice to the nearby Whira, “An orange Skakdi, named Cudgel, of the Tarakava Warband has failed to deliver the payment specified on his now expired contract. As such, his life is forfeit and his payment to me has become his Heartlight. I will kill only him, as that’s just good business, but things may get messy anyway, even with only a few Skakdi left in their group. Care to tag along?

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Le-Metru Nuva)

Quickly passing through swamp lands, the cleared out foliage slowly coming back to the usual denseness of the Fau Swamp. Up ahead, Uraborask could faintly make out the shape of Skrillix, running on all four of their wee paws towards a particularly large and thick tree, one that seemed to have a particularly dense canopy from the lack of rain that seemed to be coming down. Just managing to catch Skrillix dive into the thick roots of the tree, Uraborask was halfway there till he heard the sounds of voices, yelling over the storm overheard, followed by a flashing light, unlike that of the lighting that would occasionally strike in quick succession.

Following the striking beams of light through his rear view mirror, Uraborask was returned to a grueling sight. The silver bound creatures of death were once again upon him, though not fast enough to keep up with him in his rig, they were still fast enough and persistent enough to keep up pace with him. Once again, that same animalistic fear came over the Skakdi as he unknowingly found himself pressing ever so harder on the accelerator.

As the howling, shrieking, and wailing mass slowly shrank in his mirror, Uraborask's attention returned to what was before him, and he had only seconds to make his decision as he realized he was seconds from hitting one of the Fau Swamp's many sturdy trees. Quickly swerving to one side, the loose mud formed from the storm put the war rig into a slide, with the back half of it striking the tree, sending the rig into a spin till after hitting a rut, it ended up flipping once, twice, thrice, till the rig slid to a halt against the base of the the tree from which Le-Metru Nuva was stationed on.

Opening his eyes, the sturdy construction the rig thankfully keeping him in one piece, Uraborask quickly freed himself from his restraints with the use of his machete, his long arms easily making the jawbone within his reach. Wedging himself and ensuring he didn't just crash down onto the passenger seat, Uraborask looked through the windows and continued to see the oncoming hoard, as well as a variety of projectiles striking into the creatures with seemingly minimal effect. Uraborask that at this rate, whatever these things are were going to be upon him, and he was not dying today. Grabbing his unstrung bow, his quiver, and his machete, Uraborask broke through the driver's side door and nearly left the vehicle before remembering the special feature installed by Cravious. Looking back down at the main console, Uraborask was glad that it surprisingly enough was still functional, barely, but functional nonetheless, as he set the Cordak blaster to autonomous fire, directed in the direction of the wretched hoard. Hopefully the several spare rounds left by Cravious will be put to good use.

Dropping from the rig, the poonk poonk poonk of the Cordak blaster firing off behind as he immediately went to invesitgate the roots, the hollow sounds of explosions going off as he reached deep into the borough. Nestled near the base root, cowering and shivering from fright and the cold rain, Skrillix could softly be heard whimpering as Uraborask reached out for the little Hapaka. Pulling out the mud covered hound, holding the wee thing in his single massive hand, Uraborask deftly wrapped Skrillix in his spare guilly suit before turning and taking full stock of what was happening.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian Kughii, please have mercy.

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

Reaching the tree that he was sleeping against the previous night, Drukarus turned towards Grime and was about to speak to the little Matoran before the roar of Skakdi could be heard and the signs of preparation for departure swept throughout the camp. With a sigh, Drukarus planted his ungauntleted hand onto his face before staring back up, looking amongst the Warskak for the largest rig which with he could join for the journey back.

Finding a fairly sizable war buggy, several Skakdi and their supplies were already strapped into it, Drukarus joined the Skakdi on board, while also, with one hand, plopped Grime's next to him, away from the other Skakdi. Drukarus stared ahead, a stoic look upon his face, unwilling and not allowing any of the other Skakdi to get to him with any jabs or remarks, with any who attempted to overstep their bounds meeting Drukarus's dominant gaze.

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator @Conway @Nato the Traveler

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Listening to the three beings converse, Apex sitting on her hindquarters looking at the conversation like some sort of shallow cat, waiting for the mouse it caught to run over till chasing back after it. But this measured patience and casual attention given to the conversation quickly shifted into worry when Taja made mention of Morangad coming to their settlement of Metru-Koro.

From her week of freedom, from the Ash Barrens, to the Fau Swamp, Apex had only managed to find one being of like-mind, and Apex was genuinely fearful of losing that. That is why a noticable sigh left Apex when she heard Morangad deny such a request. Seeing the swing in conversation, Apex interjected herself into the conversation, taking a step closer to assert her presence.

"Indeed, there is no greater threat upon this island other than the Skakdi and the monsters of myth and machine that they spawn. If your people wish to survive this island, than it not only needs to be repaired, but those who originally brought it to ruin needs to be destroyed. They must be made extinct." Apex said the last part with a growl in her throat, with each syllable being emphasized by the lull of her wrath.

Turning her now glowering gaze towards Whisper, Apex spoke up with barely pent up excitement and anger, "You...You mentioned a..A name...N E K T AHHHH!" Apex could not help but allow her rage to take her, the mental image of that arrogant smug upon that Skakdi's face as Apex was forced into her near-eternal prison. Fueled by her rage and quickly needing an outlet, the few semi-solid Skakdi corpses were quickly torn into a startling swift display as jaws gnashed and claws slashed. And although it wasn't longer than a few moments, the few remaining corpses that were in one piece were now strewn across the room, with Apex heavily breathing, she turned back around, and in a much calmer voice, spoke.

"Tell me all you know, about Nektann!"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Burnmad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

"They must be made extinct. You...You mentioned a..A name...N E K T AHHHH!" 

Whisper recoiled as flecks of desiccated skakdi scattered in the wake of Apex's savage swipes. The larger Aspect's rage and hatred were palpable, seeming to radiate through the room, and she slithered back a few paces, lest she find herself the focus of Apex's ire. 

"Tell me all you know, about Nektann!"

She waited for Apex to calm, for the flaking pieces of dust and flesh hanging in the air to settle, before replying. 

"You clearly know more than I do," she said. "This sounds... personal. And if genocide is your intent, then I'm not sure Taja's people will want to aid you."

As she spoke those words out loud, she reached out with her mind, utilising for the first time the telepathic connection between herself and Taja. Watch your words with this one. She'd been aboard an airship, seen other vehicles and technologies in Metru-Koro, and witnessed the destruction that had been rained down upon the village. The newcomers had a knack for industrialisation and engineering - and the destruction that came with it - that surpassed that of the native warskaks. If she hates the skakdi for their machines, then she may view your people as a threat as well.

@Eyru @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja managed to receive Whisper's silent communication without betraying any surprise, but the intrusion into her own mind made her question everything she'd just thought and said.

All this time, the Aspect had been harbouring a secret power, and she hadn't been told. Hadn't even known it was a possibility. Once again, she was confronted with the stark truth that Whisper was an other, with secret plans that didn't necessarily line up with her words. Perhaps, despite all appearances of growth and change, Whisper was still a creature that only knew how to treat people like pawns.

But for now, she was right, and Taja didn't feel like starting a fight in front of an elder Aspect who seemed entirely crazed with rage. So she swallowed her irritation and feigned being entirely at ease.

"I don't know anything about Nektann. But if he's one of the raiding Skakdi, then he threatens my people. We're on the same side."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Looking towards Taja, Apex spoke in an almost sinister tone, akin to that of the sadistic cackle of Kavinika and the proud roar of a Muaka, "Good, you understand Toa. I assure you, unlike the shadowling you follow, that this is a necessary act, for even if every Skakdi upon this island were to die, it would not even amount to a tenth of the death and ruin they have inflicted upon this island and its residence." 

Shifting her gaze, with an almost venomous glare at the unsettled Whisper, a gaze like that of the deathly doom viper. Glaring towards the younger Aspect, Apex spoke in a similar tone, but this one devoid of the satisfaction granted by Taja's agreement. "And you...Little Shadowling, you yourself presume much. Although it is true that I am perhaps many decades, if not centuries, your senior..." Briefly breaking gaze, the thoughts of Apex's many years entombed slowly creeping back into consciousness, Apex steeled herself as she spoke the next words, "...My grasp and understanding of the world beyond only recalls a time before the island's full devastation, before the Skakdi truly planted their vile presence here...So, lest you are younger than I originally presumed you to be or you like I had spent their time in isolation till but a week ago...You would surely know more than I. Now then, please tell me...What do you know of Nektann, and how is it that he has imprisoned the greatest of our elder kin?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Burnmad

IC: Gore Fury (The Wastelands)

By now, Gore Fury would've been at Fort Nektann, experiencing the most grueling forms of torture from the sadistic and savage Skakdi that called the fort home...Instead, after spying a small herd of Kane-Ra, and growing an appetite for something beside fish. Gore had attempted to get his hands on some Kane-Ra meat, and getting lucky when the herd strayed a bit too close to a Sand Tarakava pit trap, and Gore lucked out and caught an adolescent. 

Dragging the still sizable, but lean and young Kane-Ra back to the Grillmeister, Gore was in the mid-process of setting up a lovely barbeque when the first of the rain drops came down, followed by the sounds of thunder, and roaring. From the distant horizon, Gore was just able to see, through the sharp flashes of lightning, the massive beast that strolled into Rigger's Bay, and could not help but whistle at the enormity of it.

After which, after the Rig's complete destruction and the mass genocide of the native Skakdi population, all of which Gore learned about from the radio broadcast of The Gadunka, Gore had spent the rest of his time cleaning up the mud that had now covered the Grillmeister, and preparing the Kane-Ra to be a long-term travel meal. At last ready to head out, Gore kicked his hot rod into high gear, when in the distance, he caught a most curious sight. A full convoy of rigs heading north.

Curious and not wanting to seem rude by keeping his distance while heading in the same direction, Gore turned off from the shadow of the large rock which he had parked his hot rod and made his way towards the head of the mass convoy, hoping that perhaps he could share his culinary arts with even more of the native populace while being able to learn a thing or two from them as well.

OOC: @Burnmad @Conway @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler Guess who's back!

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Gore Fury
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

"I know he rules from a fort that bears his name to the far north, that he leads a warband, and has raised at least one Tahtorak in recent times," she replied, choosing her words carefully as she contemplated the revelations in the elder Aspect's enraged words. How old was Apex? How long had she been alone for? "His current whereabouts, or how he came to trap an Aspect are beyond my knowledge."

She slithered closer, sizing up her bestial counterpart. "Now, please elaborate on what you mean when you say you want to make the skakdi extinct. That's a very... powerful word."

@Sparticus147 @Eyru @Burnmad

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Administrator | Ruins of Water

“What is your name, dear Builder?” The words of the Administrator were a velvet whisper to the right of Mahrika. They existed for a moment, a breeze on the wind, and then they vanished without an echo. 

“You forget much. Some questions you ask I cannot answer until you have overcome the trials of this temple. To overcome is to become.

The water continued to pour down along the far side of the room. Puddles rippled on the floor where age made the space uneven. The glittering of starlight flickered in and out of focus behind the waterfall. The stars themselves seemed as three separate constellations, all dim and far away. The Administrator continued;

“The disks you speak of are kanoka. They were forged from purified ores of protodermis found upon this island paradise. They are made of the same alchemical material as you. Some say spirits of the dead live within kanoka. I have found no proof of this. All I know is kanoka disks range in effects and strength. The weakest are simple to produce, but the strongest were forged only after the great monsters of the volcano began to walk this island. Only six were forged, and the fights to slay those titanic beasts of horror were memorialized in the temple walls of Kini-Nui. The Great Disks are one of your culture’s finest creations, glorious Builder."

OOC: @Burnmad, @Harvali

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Apex took in Whisper's words with a contemplative look, the stern glare melting away as Whisper gave the elder Aspect what she sought. But when Whisper proceeded to question Apex's use of the term extinct, Apex's gaze grew annoyed at the shadowling's questioning, as if they did not understand the simply fact of why rain falls down, or why the trees grow up. Focusing their attention towards Whisper, taking note of them seemingly trying to measure up against Apex, Apex glowered down towards the young Aspect and spoke towards them in a condescending tone.

"Yes, extinct is a powerful word. A powerful word for an admittedly powerful foe...At least in their ability to resist death. But you do not understand that true extent of the Skakdi's malice. This island was once home to forests, ice flows, and grasslands...And now it is nothing but swamps, ash, and sand."

Looking over towards Taja and taking note of their presence, Apex recalled the differing opinion that the two pact-bound beings had, and thought of a most Aspect-like thought, one of the few that the beastly Apex has.

"Besides, do not tell me you sympathize with that which cannot even understand sympathy? They certainly did not feel sympathy when they extinguished the Matoran that once lived on this island. Why shouldn't we meet genocide with genocide when it is so justly deserved?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Burnmad

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...