Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - Sala, Nuju

 

Sorilax finished taking down Nuju’s words. This Matoran was giving him weird vibes. On the one hand, Nuju’s words had a ring of truth to them, clear and loud, but on the other hand, he still offered no evidence to back up any of his claims.

The Aspect wasn’t sure what to make of it. The researcher in him knew he had to find some sort of evidence. These claims were too deathly important to ignore. He needed verification if he was to properly protect all Life in the future.

Nuju finished, "I appreciate you waiting Sala, and I hope I answered all your questions Sorilax. But now I have a question of you both: with everything I said and you have learned, what are you going to do?”

Sala spoke and Sorilax turned. Wait, where was he? His fellow chronicler was seated up against the wall of prophecy, his voice full of emotion. "What now? What now?! I don't even know! All this time, I've been trying to help Sorilax achieve his Grand Wish, in some vain hope that it would lead to everything being put back to the way it was. But now, it only just now struck me the significance of Mata-Nui's death now with the full context and how nothing will ever be how it once was. And then this entity, Tren Krom, who seems to be an overseer laughing at our lives like we're characters in a book, you say we could reach his world but what is keeping him from simply stopping us?..." It was at this point that Sala's laugh started to descend into sobs, "I...I..ju-just...Every time something seems to go right, that I've been able to grow strong enough to help others...I'm left with another problem greater than I. So what am I supposed to do?!"

Nuju’s response was harsh, cold, and cut deep, like a strong winter breeze, "You break or you become the master of your own fate. That choice reveals who the true heroes are. Will you rise with me, or is this where you fall?"

Sorilax frowned at this and even the shadow lizard on his head in his flower crown stretched in his sleep. Sala was clearly distressed from this flow of information, and Nuju’s words, while they struck true, seemed very unfeeling.

Sorilax may not be used to emotions in others, but now he finally felt them fully with his change to the Light. The Aspect addressed Sala, “You do your best. That’s all anyone can do. If things are out of your control, that simply means you know your boundaries and are that much wiser for it. But you must strive to do your best no matter the circumstances. One can never tell what boundaries in life are of our own making and actually holding us back from being a better us.

Sorilax’s long arm rested on his friend’s shoulder, “But even failure to change things is its own reward, for there is always an opportunity to better yourself because of it. Take comfort in this information, don’t let fear and uncertainty hold sway. Wisdom gained is far more valuable than knowledge. And with wisdom, one just might be able to change the unchangeable.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia looked at the ground in embarrassment. She definitely wasn’t everything a Toa should be. She still had a lot to work on. But the words of praise from Sidra meant a lot to her, even after the revelation of Sidra’s past.

Her voice grew emotional, “Thank you. That means a lot to me... Now go! I expect you back in one piece.

She opened her mental aperture holding back her elemental energy slightly and let herself be immersed in the Green around her. It comforted her. Her friend would be back. She didn’t have to worry. Vitlia looked Sidra in the optics one last time, smiled, and reentered the forging hut.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - Dead Forest

With - Marrow, Providence, Zak-Yak, Takadox

 

Zal ran on head, scampering after the first mind as his main body looked around the group. Their surface thoughts all seemed to be in agreement in following someone named Marrow. Perhaps the first mind?

Hahvok turned and followed after Marrow and his second half. Hopefully the underground would only get colder. It would probably be easier to find his purpose someplace colder.
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Kal the Guardian

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"Well, uh, the big head is a bit of a landmark, so maybe they’re heading the same way?" Enra tried to give a comforting smile, though its effectiveness was debatable.

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"Maybe," he nodded half-heartedly. "I hope so."

@Toru Nui

9 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

She then nervously ran her hand through the cord-like strands of hair behind her mask and sighed. "Mazor gave the Krom Sphere to Mata Nui Himself."

IC: Zaliyah - Metru Koro Hospital

A nervous laugh escaped Zaliyah as she glanced from Ostrox to Nale and back again. 

They weren't joking. They couldn't be. But it didn't make any sense. Zaliyah remembered the storm, the Kanohi dragons, the Visorak airships, fighting the undead, retrieving the orb, but this Mazor they both spoke of... neither the name or description were familiar to her. But now that she thought about it, there was a lot she couldn't remember about what had happened to the orb after they'd left the island.

"I don't understand..." she muttered, "...I was there. But this Mazor... how do you both know him, yet I don't?" 

@Tarn

9 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Her voice grew emotional, “Thank you. That means a lot to me... Now go! I expect you back in one piece.

IC:  Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"I'll do my best," she smiled weakly.

Once Viltia was gone, Sidra activated her Kanohi, stepped into the shadows of the swamp floor, and began her journey to the Ice Ruins.

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 4

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Protodermis Moat, Eastern Coast

Knichou's face contorted in thought as Vulimai got real serious, real fast. He was uncharacteristically silent while Tekmo gave his input, only beginning to speak several seconds after Tekmo's comment.

"When I... when I met him before the battle, Sans asked me to take charge of the defenses, and without the power he gave me, neither of you would be alive right now..."

When he tried to think back to the last time he saw Sans, images crossed Knichou's mind of Sans's mutilated corpse, and Sans using the mask of creation to build a home for the Matoran. The city burning. The village rising. The stench of death. The fertile soil.

"I... hoped the war would be over, but feared it's continuation was inevitable. From what I've heard, it's undeniable that Sans's... rash... diplomatic style accelerated the timeline of the attack. Even if we somehow were victorious, many undoubtedly died, and we're lucky that Metru-Koro still exists. Sans didn't prevent the attack, and his planning didn't lead to our victory. We planned for and fought the battle, not him. Whatever Pridak is planning next, we'll need leaders like us who have the experience to lead the Matoran to victory over Pridak..."

Knichou nervously rubbed his hands together. He had seen the destruction he now had the power to create, and knew that prosperity would only be achieved through creation, not destruction. Like how Sans used the power, before he lost his way...

"No, to survival... hmm...."

Knichou sighed at the thought of this tense political situation, and was weary with the potential of disastrous results from the unclear future.

"I do not know who is best to lead the survivors, but I'll do my best to uphold the will of the Matoran, whether that means Sans should or should not be in power. We aren't the slave-driving Barraki - the Matoran will choose their path, not have it chosen for them by elders like Dume or Sans."

  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

Something about the Toa's words piqued Ollem's interest. Though still suspicious of this strange figure called Kas, the promise of information seemed plausible enough that the Matoran was willing to go along with it. For better or worse. "Very well, then."

He glanced at Mahrika for approval, and when she did not protest, he pulled his weapon from his hip. Taking aim at the chains which anchored the Ta-Toa in place, he pronounced his judgement: "Toa Kas, I hereby commute your sentence. Be wary that you do not make me regret this decision... and prepare for a rough landing." He began to fire, round after round slamming into the links at high speed. Sparks and shrapnel flew from the impact points, and the air was filled with the sound of the gunshots, echoing inside the enclosed space of the temple.

OOC: In case anyone had forgotten that Ollem has a gun. @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Hospital

"I confirm it, as well."

Irna didn't realize that she had stepped forward until it was done -- until she was there between Ostrox and the rest of the Metru-Koroans.

"I am Irna, sixth-born of Perror of the Northern Continent," she continued, "and, once, of the League of Six Kingdoms. Ostrox speaks true in that respect, and that I was with Mazor when he found Mata-Nui and gave it the Krom Sphere. Yet -- " she looked over to the woman who seemed to the leader of the League attackers " -- I didn't remember anything of him before yesterday. It is possible that your god, Mata-Nui, affected all of our minds, to forget about Mazor."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Tarn @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Onaku

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

A nervous chuckle escaped Parnassus' throat.

"What do you think I am?" they said. "Shall I worship at your altar as well, Korruhn, Aspect of the Wellspring -- Aspect of the Pretty Speeches? How do I know that you've spoken truthfully of this greater darkness? How do I--"

But the Aspect's own pretty speech was interrupted -- on one side by the arrival of this Gore Fury character, evidently a self-proclaimed chef and Fort Nektann's current cook; on the other side by the return of Barius, the hero Stannis slumped over his shoulder, barely conscious. And with Stannis' return ... the scent of old shadow.

Barius, Parnassus said in his mind. What's going on?

OOC: @Burnmad @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Sparticus147

-Void

  • Like 5

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Protodermis Moat)

"I agree, but we can’t just oust him without majority support, that would be improper. Though, I think we might have it anyway. The League might have been responsible for this, but he did not exactly do us any favours. If he does not step down despite the wishes of the populace, I will ensure that he does."

"I do not know who is best to lead the survivors, but I'll do my best to uphold the will of the Matoran, whether that means Sans should or should not be in power. We aren't the slave-driving Barraki - the Matoran will choose their path, not have it chosen for them by elders like Dume or Sans."

"Huh, I suppose that was easier said than done. Well then, I suppose all their is left to do is to wait for the pick-up."

OOC: @Toru Nui @BULiK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | Metru-Koro Hospital

"If His influence affected you until only yesterday," Oreius said thoughtfully. "Then perhaps He still lives..."

If the beings spoke true, then Pridak had somehow sold the sphere to Mata Nui Himself. It was a weird and blasphemous idea. Mata Nui didn't exist in any corporeal form. He was the Great Spirit, present in all things. He had no need for a body, for the universe itself was an expression of His form. it was like saying Pridak sold the Krom Sphere to the grass, the ocean, or the sky.

The Toa of Fire was distracted by an odd sensation that passed briefly over his body. He felt... not stronger, strictly speaking, but tougher. It was hard to explain, and he didn't feel like explaining it anyway, so he shrugged it off and returned to the conversation.

"Regardless of the truth of your story, it doesn't matter anymore. That universe is dead. If those gathered have decided to release you back to the League, then so be it." He glanced at Zaliyah. "I only ask that you do what you can to maintain this peace."

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Sparticus147 @Conway @Onaku @Tarn

 

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

Taja was quiet for some time. She was beginning to feel the strain of manipulating the darkness. Her reservoir of elemental energy was dwindling, and she supposed it would be wise to save some in case she needed it. So she allowed the shadows around her to settle back into their natural shapes.

"I see," she said at last. "It's just... every time I think I can trust someone, they show me something different."

She looked sidelong at the Aspect. "You couldn't have told me before? Why keep it a secret?"

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah – Metru-Koro Hospital

“Not my god,” she muttered, almost dismissing Irna’s comments entirely before the full weight of what the group were saying truly clicked for her.

“So you’re saying this Mazor betrayed us… he gave the orb to Mata Nui instead of doing… whatever Pridak intended for him to do with it.” Given that Pridak was dead, there was no way of knowing what the plan had originally been, assuming Pridak could even remember it after whatever had apparently happened to everyone’s memories. “And then Mata Nui’s karzing head fell off, destroying the city and killing thousands. All of this… it’s Mazor’s fault?”

A part of her was the tiniest bit impressed that it had been the League itself that had literally killed god, but it was abundantly clear from this conversation that doing so hadn’t been the plan. "And you're all okay with this? You'd persecute the League for waging a war, but willingly harbour a being who somehow single-handedly killed your god, and slaughtered countless of people on both sides?" 

@Tarn @Conway

____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

"It's difficult to explain. There are things I can do, that I didn't know I could... until suddenly I did. Like the knowledge we gained from the temple. We didn't know it before, and then it was like we always had," she replied. "At the time I gained the power to communicate with you without words, I thought telling you would only upset you further. And I had no need or intention to use it until our conversation with Apex." 

@Eyru

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

That was frustratingly logical. Dealing with Whisper sometimes felt like working with a Vahki. Take everything literally. Be helpful, but in the most obtuse way.

"That's... fair," Taja said after a moment's thought. "But... please don't do it again. Unless absolutely necessary."

She sidestepped a curtain of hanging vines. "Is there anything else you can do? Any other secrets you've been keeping?"

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

"Mazor didn't know what the consequences would be," Nale said. "What Mata Nui told him...it seemed like this wasn't what the outcome was supposed to be. When we spoke, Mazor clearly regretted handing over the Sphere. Took the blame for everything that had happened."

She frowned, remembering how he had broke down as he explained the events leading up to the impact to her.

"I can't imagine what having something like that over you must feel like."

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Conway

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

 

Inside the forging hut, Viltia found a place to sit down and just let her mind wander. She still cared for her friend, but now that friendship had strange nuances to it. Sidra still continued to show no reason not to trust her, yet Viltia still felt a little off. She would die for her friend, but that didn’t mean she truly knew her friend.

What things had shaped Sidra into who she was? What experiences had molded her, and how many of them had she chosen for herself?

Viltia really didn’t like thinking about these kinds of things. So she became the swamp for a bit, mind exploring through the senses of trees, shrubs, and vines. She floated through the air as spores, she felt the air ruffle her leaves. She soaked up the sun and caught food and was corrupt.

She blinked. Was corrupt? She focused on that feeling, but it remained muddied and hidden from her Observation. It came from the southeast. From that tree that hadn’t died! But she couldn’t explore it just yet. She had a job to do. But definitely later.

She stood, grabbing her gloves. Spark wanted a Kanohi of Quick Travel in order to tinker with his Kanohi machines and Viltia wanted one in case she ever got separated from Sidra. Viltia went over to the metal encased book that held the forging hut’s inventory of masks and discs.

Skipping past anything that wasn’t level 8, Viltia found what Beruv, Sidra, and her currently had in stock. There were 5 Teleportation discs, which wasn’t that many considering how many recipes required them, 2 Enlarge, 2 Reconstruct at Random, 1 Weaken, 1 Removes Poison, and then 2 Shadow Toa Discs, since silver hued ore was so abundant and it made for good practice, though she wasn’t sure what they could be used for other than creating shadow when striking something.

Viltia pondered the list, scratching her mask. One of her tethers grabbed her own vine bound book from her satchel. Hissing rose in the background as Beruv cooled a new disc off in the bucket of water, sending up steam. Viltia opened the dried bark cover of her book. Inside she had a list of Kanohi powers that she had gone around the village and asked about. Beruv, Torch, and her didn’t know how to make half of them, but the more complex to make masks seemed to follow a certain type of logic of the Kanoka merging required to make them, so figuring them out on her own wouldn’t be entirely impossible. That gave her hope.

Okay, so she wanted to make a mask of X-Ray Vision for mining. Check! She filled in a small box next to the mask.

Spark wanted as many masks of Quick Travel as possible, but seeing as he had only made two weird metal backpacks so far, that requirement was just at two for the moment. Well, three, she wanted one as well.

She moved to the next one. A mask of Growth. Merging with Nektann had given her a different perspective on things, and she wished to try to capture some of it on her own. Being larger had its perks, especially in this mutated swamp with its larger than normal Rahi and insects.

Then a mask of Flight. She didn’t want to be forced to rely on the Kahu to safely traverse the Fau Swamp. It might be better to be able to fly on her own.

And a mask of Truth. She didn’t want another fake Wing situation again. But this was one she didn’t know how to make. Maybe a disc of Telepathy? That made sense, but what else? She had tried combining several weaker in power Kanoka to test it out, but even with the uncontrollable nature of merged disc powers, nothing seemed to happen at all when struck. Maybe Mind Control or Translation?

She could figure it out later; she moved on. A mask of Mutation. Wing was in agony over her changes. And, well, she really did reek. Her slime stunk a lot. Viltia needed to help her change back for all their sakes. Plus a mask of Mutation could help in case anyone else was ever affected by the swamp.

A Kanoka of Reconstruct at Random made sense as one of the ingredients, but Viltia wasn’t sure what else. Maybe a Toa Disc of some kind. Light, Shadow, or Energy. It was worth a shot.

The last one on her list was apparently one of the hardest masks to make and if she accomplished it, she would truly be a competent mask maker of the highest level. A Kanohi of Time Duplication. It made clones of yourself, or something like that. The being that had told her about it hadn’t ever seen one himself, only heard about it.

Her mind raced at the idea. What combination of merged Kanoka could even accomplish such a thing? And if that could be done, what other kind of masks could be made? Could the legends of a Mask of Creation be true? Or what about a Mask of Light, that held the full range of elemental Light powers, not just a shallow interpretation like other element masks. It might be real too. If Time Duplication, whatever that was, was real, then she could make anything she wished if she worked hard enough and was clever enough. And if she was able to make it, she would know her destiny truly was her own to create.

There were other masks like water breathing or translation on her list, but those first seven were far more important to either her or the village.

For a moment she paused. How would she ever carry that many masks? Her satchel wouldn’t work. And she used her tethers to move around or carry things a lot of the time. She shrugged. She could figure it out later.

Putting away both books, Viltia grabbed her heavy work gloves and a level 8 Kanoka of Teleportation. If Spark really could figure out Kanohi machines, then the possibilities of village protection were endless.

She got to work.

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah – Metru-Koro Hospital

“Oh, he regrets it? That makes everything okay,” she sneered. “Sans blamed us. He thought decapitating your deity and obliterating the city we were trying to occupy was somehow the League’s plan all along. How many others here do you think share his views?” She folded her arms, weighing up her words. “Until now, I thought what happened was the result of whatever Dume did with the Great Disks, or just an unfortunate coincidence beyond all our control.”

The revelation that the League had been betrayed from within, and that the traitor had somehow struck a deal with the devil and doomed the universe, shook her to her core. She’d been privy to secrets before, but this was so vast, so incomprehensibly complicated, she didn’t know what to do with it.

Perhaps it wasn’t her place to tell this truth.

In keeping silent for as long as they had, it was clear that Ostrox and Irna understood the gravity of this truth more so than even Mazor himself.

“I can live with being a scapegoat,” she finally said. “But I don’t speak for all in the League, or among your own people. If word gets out that there truly is someone to blame for all of this… for all our sakes, you need to control this secret. Either force Mazor to publicly confess, or make karzing sure no one else ever learns the truth.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

"Hm..." she thought for a moment, trying to recall what abilities she'd already explained and demonstrated. "I bear a kraata, as you do, though mine grants the power of Insect Control. If given consent, I can possess others and share occupancy of their bodies for a time. For those like yourself that I've desecrated, I can do so remotely through something called shadow puppetry, though I'm unsure how exactly that works, and have no reason or intention to try."

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Protodermis Moat, Eastern Coast

The trio was silent for a few moments, each member undoubtedly thinking about what they were going to do when they got back to the village. After some period of time, Knichou spoke up.

"Well, while we're all alone here, now's probably the best time to explain... well... this..."

Knichou reached into his backpack and pulled out the mask of creation.

"Artakha's mask of creation. Sans gave it to me just before the battle. He said to keep it a secret... but I had to use it to try to save both of you, even if I wasn't sure how. If this falls into the wrong hands, everything is doomed. I'm not sure just yet how I'm going to use this, but for now, I'm pretty sure only the three of us and Toa Nale know I have this, and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible. If word gets out, well, I'll be quite the target, and it will be bad for everyone if this is stolen. Understood?"

  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tobduk Koro:

"Whoa, you're droppin' kind of a lot on us here all of a sudden!" Kat exclaimed.

"Hold on, you said a De-Matoran? With power over plants?" Kat didn't frown quite, but it was clear she was mulling that over in her head, and she scratched the top of her mask as if to accentuate the point. "That's pretty unusual. I mean if he's already admitted and is already workin' for the village to make up for it, I dunno if there's really anythin' to do about a punishment. Maybe get people together and tell 'em to be more careful about strangers?"

Kat shrugged apologetically.

 

  • Like 2

Credit and thanks go to @Onaku for the wonderful art that is my profile picture!

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice

“Welcome then, new friend, to the temple of this region,” the Administrator said to Ultan and Leklo. Leklo was able to reminiscence, taking in the snow filled dias where he, Korruhn, and Sidra worked to find the solution. The tree of carved ice looked as eerily similar to the ruin found in the outskirts of Ko-Metru as always.

“You said you bring a Great Disk, toa Leklo. If that is true, I am most impressed. How did Destiny arrange for you to come upon such an artifact of power?”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @The Captain

 

IC: The Administrator & Kas | Ruins of Water

“Gently!” Kas shouted as Ollem fired his gun; “careful with the goods my friend!”

Kas shrieked a high-pitched shriek as he fell. His body hit the money covered floor with a similar sound as to a coin-operated lever machine paying out a lucky winner’s earnings. Kas spluttered and floundered, grabbing the first mask in reach while crawling on all fours before finally finding his footing and rising to his full height. He stretched, the gears in his neck protesting from disuse. With a great mask of night vision covering his features, Kas gave a contented sigh and took a knee in front of Ollem and Mahrika.

“Well my friends, I am very proud of you for doing the right thing. I believe you deserve a reward for all your efforts. Take what you want from this chamber. It’s not mine, but I’ll let you grab what I don’t.”

With all the slippery poise and dexterity of a money laundering con artist, Kas immediately began to scoop handfuls of golden widgets into two different masks. Using the masks as bowls, he threw some broken disks on top, piled on more widgets, then skee-daddled it out of the temple of water as comically as if a slide whistle was his signature instrument in an orchestral score.

“See you on the other side of the waterfall!”

The Administrator sighed. 

“There. See? He’s gone now. All that work imprisoning him and listening to him talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk for nothing. If you find him, my most incredible Builders who are so wise in all things -- and you know what’s right -- bring him back to his prison. Next time I’ll make sure he can’t speak.”

OOC: @Burnmad, @Harvali, don't worry, Kas isn't gone. He's waiting outside. :P 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

You said you bring a Great Disk, toa Leklo. If that is true, I am most impressed. How did Destiny arrange for you to come upon such an artifact of power?

"I do," Leklo said and walked forward. He still kept the disc in his satchel, not wanting to spoil the surprise when he finally produced it in that exhilarating moment at the podium. The maze of the Temple ruins were abbreviated and simple by comparison to how Leklo had found them before. The puzzles were still complete and nothing had reset, allowing him free access to chamber after hallway as though he had never left its nebulous confines. 

"But I do not know how Destiny managed this one. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was pure chance, but I met another friend of mine—not Korruhn, but another—" he said, reflexively defending the mere premise that a former Ko-Matoran could even have more than a single acquaintance, not realizing that the Administrator had no prejudices on the matter, "named Atamai. A battle was fought, and we were the dubious victors, and we split the spoils of the battle, a set of the great discs. My claim was the 429, my quarry once more."

He omitted the portions of Korruhn's demise, and of Axonn's brutish opposition, or of the Aspect who showed up in the aftermath. The only thing that mattered to Leklo was achieving the task on his list and honoring his friend, neither of which the Administrator should have bothered to care about or know, and with single-minded devotion to his summons Leklo had carried himself through the ruins with haste. Ultan, a faithful spectre, hovered behind him by a few steps, until finally both of their paces slowed to a halt and they found themselves in the penultimate chamber. 

Leklo's knees quivered with anticipation and his hands fidgeted with hesitation on the edges of the disc in his satchel. "And so, here I stand."

  • Like 3

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax whistled as he entered his new workspace, impressed with both the size and with its contents.

"Will that be all, Barraki Aurax?"

"Hmmm, I do have one request: could you bring me a spare Vahki brain? Only if you've got any extras though. Otherwise, I'll let you know if I need anything, or an extra pair of hands," the Toa replied, chuckling slightly. 

He glanced at Saybo. "And you can help me out too," he said, indicating for the Toa of Water to stay with him.

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Whira: The Cube

Whira stared at Cravious for a moment before speaking. Was she studying him, or was she pondering something...?

Finally, she spoke. "I... believe we should begin our work in the fires of Irnakk's tooth," Whira said. "It is a special place for this island's inhabitants, and that leads me to believe that ancient peoples may have stowed knowledge of disk crafting away there."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

 

Saybo absorbed the food quickly with his hands as they walked. It tasted good, but taste didn’t matter. Nutrition was paramount. In that same vein of thought, Saybo dumped the coffee in the first garbage can he saw. Caffeine was just as addictive as other drugs. He wasn’t going to have any part of it.

The workspace they entered seemed secure and well defended from any peering optics. There was even an alternative escape route. Saybo approved. It smelt of grease and oil. And the above lights quietly buzzed as they provided illumination.

Saybo nodded to Great Aurax, indicating that he understood the order to stay put.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Mountains (7, 7)

With - Whira

 

Cravious peered into Whira’s purple optics. It felt like they swirled with mystery and a hidden darkness. Soon. Soon he would be able to peer through those optics and straight into her mind. He would know her better than she knew herself.

When she finally spoke, he blinked several times in surprise, but showed no other sign of having lost his train of thought.

"I... believe we should begin our work in the fires of Irnakk's tooth," Whira said. "It is a special place for this island's inhabitants, and that leads me to believe that ancient peoples may have stowed knowledge of disk crafting away there."

Cravious pondered this, massaging the head of his Kraata with one hand. Irnakk’s Tooth? It… well it scared him, and he actually admitted that it did. All Skakdi knew not to mess with Irnakk. But… Whira was right. There was power there. It might be the perfect place to search for hidden knowledge. And who knew, the knowledge there might help him bring in more many more widgets.

The Skakdi of Lightning looked up into the darkness above the hanging lights. One couldn’t see anything there, but with Cravious’ X-Ray Vision and Whira’s Shadow sense, they both knew the Skakdi of Gravity was up there, watching. “You heard her, Asperity, go tell Clash where to drive us.” The shadows shifted as the Skakdi of Gravity moved from her perch on the ceiling. Shortly thereafter, the Cube slightly readjusted its course.

Cravious shook his head, “That Asperity is a creepy one, that’s for sure. Glad she’s working for me. Any other alternative would probably be very costly.

He grabbed his schematics and waved them at Whira, “Alright, that gives us a few days of travel. Let’s see what I can figure out in the meantime.” He turned, heading for his furnace.

Time to discover the secrets of Matoran disk crafting.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

At the mention of food, Barius suddenly realized his intense hunger. It had been approaching mealtime when he had become occupied with this Toa Stannis, and after the unknown length of time he had spent laying on his bed, fading in and out of consciousness, he was rightly famished. At the mention of food, he immediately turned, the dangling head of the Toa draped over his shoulder narrowly missing the doorknob behind him as he did.

In his head, he heard the voice of Parnassus, querying him as to what was happening. What's going on? He repeated. We're getting dinner, that's what! There was an uncharacteristic sense of urgency to the thought, which would have made sense if Parnassus had been privy to the intensity of Barius' hunger at the moment.

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

IC: Providence - Dead Forest

The Aspect followed this Mesi stranger towards the caves that would take them back into the underworld. He knew Zak-Yak would follow; he could only hope that the alternative of utter loneliness in an alien world would entice 'Tall Blue' to come along with them.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @Vezok's Friend

IC: Ollem - Ruins of Water

Still recovering from the absurd display he had just witnessed, Ollem holstered his weapon and bent down to collect the remaining noble Kanohi from the pile. Even though he couldn't use them, he could still feel by touch the power emanating weakly from them, and he reckoned they might be useful in trade if they encountered any locals in their journey.

While he was stooped, he grabbed a disk that wasn't in too rough a shape, and used its metallic surface as a mirror. The Great Kakama that they had taken from the desert Suva was still on his face, and in the time that he'd been traveling with Mahrika, it had accumulated a fair amount of dirt and grime. Perfect, he thought. It was far safer that way than in his pack. Grabbing a few of the noble masks, he produced his original, powerless mask from his pack, and left it among the pile, albeit with no small personal difficulty. But it had to be done; if the Toa decided to steal from them in the future, the presence of a powerless mask in Ollem's pack might tip him off to the presence of the more useful one that he wore on his face. For similar reasons, he gave both the noble masks he had collected off the floor to Mahrika; one of Strength, and the other of Concealment. In his own pack, he stuffed several of the least-bent disks, hoping they might still be vaguely usable. He filled the gaps with gold.

After his companion had also finished looting the room, he gestured towards the exit. Something told him the Administrator would no longer be particularly willing to answer their questions; and in any case, Kas had ought to be waiting for them outside, unless he had decided to split immediately. Which, to be fair, he might have.

OOC: @Harvali You have permission to move Ollem out of the Ruins, if you're ready to go. @Unreliable Narrator 

As Harvali has pointed out below, Ollem's original, unpowered mask is, in fact, still in the Stone Suva. Ignore that part of this post; I forgot how that worked.

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Following discussion with the other player involved, Sidra will be arriving now after all.

 

IC: Sidra – Ice Temple Ruins

She walked silently through the darkness, only the dim lights of her drones and the lightstone in her hand offering any illumination. The ground underfoot felt smooth and sparse, devoid of rocks or foliage or anything else that might offer some idea of what this shadowy realm truly was. Sidra had long since stopped trying to figure it out. It was one of the many mysteries surrounding the Mask of Shadow Travel, along with who had made it, why it had been created, or where it had come from before it wound up in the possession of the collector whose vault she’d stolen it from. It was hers now, and that was all that mattered.

But though she was unburdened by questions, her doubts still weighed on her as she walked.

She’d told the truth of who she was and what she’d done for a living, and Viltia had accepted it without condemnation or question. Sidra had spent enough time with the other woman to understand the depths of her generosity and trust, but it had still surprised her. She didn’t feel like she deserved that level of compassion. She’d kept secrets from them all, used their lessons and charity and trust for her own gain. All for a Great Disk, and the unknown secret it would unlock.

Sure, she’d saved lives, helped the villagers, been accepted as one of them, but still she felt like an outsider. It was the story of her life, a grim familiarity she couldn’t escape. No matter where she went or what she did, she never felt like she was doing enough to earn her place. Her homeland hadn't satisfied her lust for adventure, the stigmas and fear of the other islands had denied her acceptance, and the endless pressures to attain perfection had plagued her time as a Dark Hunter. Perhaps this time, finally, things might be different.

Time lost meaning as she continued her trek. Every now and again she heard the scuttling and slithering of things unseen, circling and creeping, but the occasional shot from the lightstone rifle was enough to scatter whatever was stalking her. She'd feared the dark when she'd first come to use the mask, but now it was mundane to her. She'd seen the severed head of a god, fought an army of the undead, and conversed with a reptile the size of a skyscraper. She doubted there was anything left in this universe to faze or frighten her.

Eventually a pinprick of dim light became visible in the distance, and she pushed on towards it. The light grew closer and brighter until, at long last, she stepped out into the shadow of the ziggurat that she, Leklo, and Korruhn had explored so many days past. It felt good to be back, to see that the ruins were still standing, and to feel her connection with the Suva now that she was back in its range. What didn't feel quite as good was seeing the speeder bikes parked outside the temple, the same kinds of vehicles she'd last seen Leklo and Korruhn departing on. 

But of course they were here.

Her past had come halfway across the island to find her before.

Naturally it would be the first thing she crossed paths with when she made the same journey. 

Holding her Great Disk at the ready, she began her descent into the ruins, her cautious footsteps echoing over the cold stones. It was a jarring transition to go from the open, humid air of the lush jungle to the dead rock and cold confines of the temple, and she found herself already missing the place she'd come to consider home. 

At last, she stepped into the first room, where the frigid tree waited to greet her. "Administrator?" She called, "I've returned." 

 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua Sorry I'm late, I didn't realise you were waiting for me.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Tobduk-Koro

Too many new concepts were being sprung at me at once for me to truly follow along with what was being said, but from the sounds of it, one of these matoran had murdered another for the power to... grow grass? The idea seemed ludicrous. I found myself at a loss for words.

 

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra sighed. It seemed this situation was only going to keep getting more complicated. At this point she was uncertain what her place in all this could be. She had surrendered Metru-Koro to Zaliyah in a bid to prevent more destruction, ready to follow her into the jaws of the League's conquest to bargain for peace, even if it cost her life.

But now Pridak was dead. Sans was dead. Suddenly the matter they had to deal with was that of a charlatan sitting on the throne of Metru-Nui, not to mention the newest issue concerning the orb and Mazor and Mata-Nui himself causing the end of the universe... she really wasn't sure what to think of it. It sounded to her like he'd been far out of his depth that Mazor, facing down the alleged god of their old home. Could he really have done anything different than surrender? Perhaps die. But then the result would have been the same, wouldn't it?

But others might not see it the same way. Better to die fighting than to live with having surrendered. This was an all too common mindset she'd found. There had already been so much death even before the universe had ended, she could scarcely accept death as being better than indignity. But then had she not been willing to lay down her own life just earlier for the smallest chance at peace? How was that different from this Mazor?

Maybe it was because she could only picture herself as expendable.

@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@Harvali@~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Conway@Sparticus147@Eyru

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and Bode - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi winced, these Toa did not seem to be much help in this matter. Then again, he knew from the start that he would have to decide what happened to Bode, it was his duty as Akiri, like it or not. Though even the cross-wired Matoran was beginning to hear his fellow Matoran wishing Arkius was in charge. He didn’t blame them.

Still he bowed to them and said “I-I will continue to think about it, thank you for your help. And thank you for helping us build this new village. If … if you plan to leave, maybe wait a little longer. I am going to try to forge more disks, if you would want a disk of regeneration or a disk of weakening, it’s the least we can do for your help building Tobduk-Koro. I … I doubt they would be very high level, I am still learning, but if you want them, they would be yours.

Bode meanwhile glanced around. Jovan was trying to find deposits of Protodermis Ore nearby the new village, with a few guards flanking him. As he watched the Turaga Bode could see a group of Matoran tinkering with the vehicles of the Odd Company, helping mend them after the flood. The De-Matoran focused his mind and asked, “Master, are you still heading this way? When should I expect you?

OOC:  @The UltimoScorp @Toru Nui @Onaku

IC Mahrika - “The Mask of Water(fall) Breathing

Mahrika’s hand had gone to her Kanoka as soon as Kas was free, but he had made no moves against them, just hurried out with some treasure. As he departed she let out a sigh and said, “Th-that could have gone worse. Ollem, I think I saw the Aqua Sphere in the distance, back when I fled my shelters because of your head impacting the island. I think it looked like a giant somewhat reflective orb.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru I think Ollem’s original mask is tpstill in the Stone Suva.

  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr and Enra (Outskirts of Tobduk-Koro, Telepathic Link)

Xane and Enra made their way across the Ash Barrens into the Northern Desert. "Hang on. I see something over there." Using her telescopic vision, Enra spied what appeared to be a settlement, built around similar ruins she and Xane had investigated in the Dead Forest.  "Looks like some people have set up shot near another one of those ruins."

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the village, a mere green-blue speck in Enra’s vision, Ulkarr trudged along towards Tobduk-Koro, communing with Bode.

I shall be arriving soon. I can see the village already. There is no need for concern.

@Nato the Traveler@Harvali

 

IC: Ostrox and Navu (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

Navu couldn't believe what she was hearing. First her faith in Mata Nui is shattered, then it turns out he's real, just not all he's cracked up to be?

"Hahahah… oh, but stick with me. IT GETS WORSE. For the purposes of claiming the Sphere, Mata Nui cobbled together an abominable vessel for himself using Mazor's revenants. Indeed, he made it sound like he was the driving intelligence behind the undead hordes. The same undead hordes who slaughtered everything in their path, 'chosen people' and 'filthy heathen' alike. Oh, and I'm fairly certain he murdered Mazor's Matoran guide as well. Almost as if you're not divinely favoured. Imagine that."

@Eyru@Tarn@Onaku@Sparticus147@Conway@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea Shoreline)

"Of course. No one else shall ever know. You have my word… I don’t suppose you can use it to make us some other mode of transportation back to Metru-Koro?"

@BULiK@Sparticus147

 

IC: Reckless and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"If there is a Kanoka shortage, this unit will be happy to donate-"

"This unit believed we were discussing a murder."

"Of course. We are in a state of martial law until conditions considerably improve. In the absence of any legal system, this unit recommends indefinite incarceration of the suspect until further notice."

@Harvali@The UltimoScorp@Onaku

  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zadred - Todbuk-Koro

Ever since the refugees had arrived at the Ruins, Zadred had done her best to help out, using her powers to grow food and vegetation where possible, as well as helping with some of the heavy lifting. Upon seeing Bode and the strange grass he created wherever he walked, she'd become intrigued by it, studying it and tending to it for a short while before her attention was drawn to the celebrations. She heard tales of heroes saving the villagers from a great storm beast that destroyed their small settlement, and came to understand that the party she'd studied the Ruins with before had played a part. Her heroic companions, which now had gone into the ruins to unlock whatever secret lay within. It was a spectacle she'd decided not to attend, in favour of helping the refugees outside with settling and thriving in their new home, just as she had in Metru-Koro. For a moment she wondered how Kargon was faring with the greenhouse, before she grabbed herself some grub and took a seat.

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Vhisola]


Vhisola stood back , hands clenching and unclenching from nervousness as she watched Toa disappear into the dark interior of the hut. 


There was no verbal response to the Toa’s question, just a growl. There were no words in it, but his mask gave him enough understanding to interpret the growl’s tone as one of fear and confusion.


In the soft glow of the Kanohi he could make out the shredded remains of the Matoran’s bedding. Following the trail of destruction he eventually noticed a shape in the furthest corner of the hut, near the base of the telescope. He couldn’t make out any details, but it was decidedly not Matoran - not anymore.


Another growl. Embarrassment. And a warning? Stay back.

OOC: @Onaku
 

  • Like 2

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

Enra (Outskirts of Tobduk-Koro, Telepathic Link)

Xane and Enra made their way across the Ash Barrens into the Northern Desert. "Hang on. I see something over there." Using her telescopic vision, Enra spied what appeared to be a settlement, built around similar ruins she and Xane had investigated in the Dead Forest.  "Looks like some people have set up shot near another one of those ruins."

IC:  Xane - Outside Tobduk-Koro

"I wonder if the Administrator appreciates the company," he replied, "And if these people have had any luck with unlocking their final room."

@Toru Nui

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea Shoreline)

"Of course. No one else shall ever know. You have my word… I don’t suppose you can use it to make us some other mode of transportation back to Metru-Koro?"

IC: Knichou, Protodermis Moat, Eastern Coast

Why didn't I think of that? They both know about it, there's no point in not using it out of secrecy. And Vulimai will get to her post quicker. And it will be quicker for me to reunite with-

"That's... a great idea. I need to learn how to use this properly and there's no better place or time than now to do so. Zero risk of collateral damage, and no risk of revealing it to others..."

The commander took a moment to plan what he wanted to build, then quickly swapped his kanohi. A tingle went down his spine as the power of a kanohi flowed through him after the brief moment of weakness without a kanohi. The nanites of his adaptive armor flowed onto the mask to form the heads up display of Knichou's adaptive armor, which began listing an array of errors on one side. He'd have to figure out what was causing these compatibility quirks later, he had a vehicle to build. The ex-Ghost still wasn't quite sure how this mask worked - he knew it created, but how? Clearly the resources didn't matter, but there had to be some limits here. Or maybe not? It was the legendary kanohi of a secretive, benevolent demigod after all - for all Knichou knew it had unlimited power.

Knichou had done enough repairs on the Taku while modifying it and after the collapse, surely he could recreate one of the ship's levitation engines? He could use it to carry Tekmo and Vulimai without needing to actually carry them. The Taku's compartmentalization of it's levitation kanoka was a brilliant design choice, allowing for easy repairs than older airship models that had Kanoka equally distributed throughout the hull. Compared to a more conventional engine, these were laughable simple - slots for levitation and weight increase kanoha, with mechanical systems to strike them against the engine's casing, which were tied to basic electrical inputs so they could be triggered based on calculations by the airship's computer. For Knichou's purposes now, none of those complex automation features were needed - he could fine tune the levitation amount himself for only one engine.

"Well, time for an experiment..."

Knichou closed his eyes and focu - wait does closing my eyes actually make a difference here?

Knichou opened his eyes and looked at an open space of sand in front of him. He thought of the engine and it's components and willed it into being. To his delight, the engine block began to shimmer into existence in front of him. Those nearby could hardly see the parts of the engine as they formed from nothing, and the fact that they both were and weren't confused Vulimai and Tekmo. While visually the engine was difficult to distinguish from the true reality, Knichou could feel it coming together as he went over the assembly in his mind. As a final touch, when the levitation engine was complete, Knichou also formed a wooden platform screwed atop the engine, with two seats. Attached to each side of the engine were long steel bars that stretched several meters out in front of the vehicle, which were connected by a steel rod at the very end.

The contraption plopped on the sand unceremoniously, but Knichou was ecstatic inside. That was remarkably intuitive - he still didn't know how the kanohi truly worked, but the experience of using it felt like he was designing with the best lab assistant in the universe - no physical work, no waiting around for chemical processes to finish, just pure creation as the object manifested itself under Knichou's design with the guiding hand of his secret weapon realizing the 'how' of actually building it. Oh, what he could do with this...

Now just to power the levitation engine - for this design, Knichou only needed one levitation and weight increase disk each. He rubbed his hands together in anticipation and began willing them into being. The actual physical structure was easy - everyone knew what kanoka looked like. But when it came to the inside, Knichou immediately realized how little he knew about how the protodermis purification and smelting process actually changed the microscopic internal structure of each kanoka. Surely those were the details the Kanohi could work out, so he pressed on. Two disks formed on the beach, one engraved with a code of levitation and the other with that of weight increase.

Knichou slotted them into the engine and manually cranked the levitation disk controls. As the Toa cranked, the levitation disk began striking the engine block. After the kanoka struck the engine block several times, Knichou tried to lift the entire structure. It was just as heavy as it was before.

"Huh... these disks aren't working..."

Knichou took the disks out of the levitation engine and tossed them aside. He began looking at the strange contraption he had made and brainstormed a solution, taking great care to make sure he didn't accidentally start creating something new as he tossed through various solutions to their mobility conundrum. After half a minute or so, a simple solution revealed itself.

"Aha! We'll need to go old school for this.."

The engineer used his powers over iron to lift the vehicle in the air as he worked. A long steel axle materialized, attached with a mounting that manifested on the bottom of the useless engine. On both ends of the axle, massive, many-spoked wooden wheels formed, as tall as a Toa. When it was built, Knichou carefully lowered the vehicle onto the sands of the beach.

"All aboard," Knichou said as he swapped back to his Kakama and positioned himself between the bars in front of the rickshaw, lifting them to balance out the platform. "And hold on. It might be be a bumpy ride."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tobduk Koro:

"Well.... Has anyone asked him why he did it? I mean.. I don't wanna sound like I'm okay with people killin' each other for power, but maybe there was a good reason?"

Kat grimaced. She'd never been asked to help in such a manner as this before. She was far more comfortable in a fight than....well, whatever this was.

@Harvali
@Onaku
@Toru Nui

  • Like 2

Credit and thanks go to @Onaku for the wonderful art that is my profile picture!

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi nodded thoughtfully, rubbing his mask, feeling the curves in the metal. “I-I don’t think anyone has spoken to him directly, that is a good point,. From what I hear, the Matoran who he likely killed, he knew her. I think I know the one, they were from the same village back … back in the old universe. I think they were close, but I am bad at people, I might have misunderstood their bond.

There is something else,” Kanohi added, “the Le-Matoran was harmed in the raid. She likely was going to die, under normal circumstances. But, from what I have heard, there was a Toa of Light there. I-I don’t know much about Light, it wasn’t an element on my island, but from what the villagers say, she could perform great acts of healing.  Save Matoran from wounds that should have killed them. So if Bode was … trying to euthanize her, why, when a healer was right there?

He sighed, “I should ask him, at least give him a chance to explain. I should— this might sound silly, but I was put in charge of Po-Koro by Toa Stannis. And I think the Matoran, most of them don’t like to talk to me about it. Before I was in charge they had a guard watch him, but I don’t know. I worry they think I’m an outsider. I had been with them for most of my time on this island but, I don’t think they want him punished. But I don’t know if it’s because we need the fields he creates, or because he’s one of them.

I don’t want him killed no matter what, surely they know I don’t want more killing. Why have they closed their ranks so tightly? Why didn’t I notice, until Sucordak directly told me?

OOC:  @The UltimoScorp @Toru Nui @Onaku I guess it’s about time I insert a retcon so Bode’s actions make some sense given the fact there was an incredibly powerful healer in Po-Koro at the time. Suggestions are welcomed.

 

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice  (The Shatterdome, Pacific Rim)

The rooms were just as cold as Leklo left them: same sizes, same lighting, same starry sky for a ceiling. White frosty breath floated upwards from Ultan’s and Leklo’s mouths and the sounds of snow crunching underfoot echoed throughout the temple. They could even smell the bitter cold of the ancient place of prayer and reflection they now used as little more than a waypoint on their maps. Once, the temple’s contemplative builders prayed and read and considered the impending doom of their world while safe inside the bounds of this particular suva dimension. Now, two toa strode forward to claim the promise of a new future from a lost past. 

Each step further into the ruined temple brought back memories for Leklo. Three words opened the door in the first chamber. It was the three of them, Korruhn and Sidra and himself, who worked together to find the solution: Destiny, Peace, and Willpower. At the time it all seemed a simple puzzle, but now perhaps there was more behind the words themselves. 

Leklo, destined to follow in the footsteps of the past.

Sidra, who’s true peace lay not in the actions of others but in her own self forgiveness.

Korruhn, who’s indomitable willpower drove him further down his own dark path.

The second room required their combined efforts and occupational skills. The three adventurers, so used to outplaying their opponents, learned that trusting their companions and not overthinking could sometimes lead to the right answers. 

Finally, Leklo and Ultann reached the central room. Beyond the device in the center of the room, the carved word of NUVA on the far wall rested ever present. Of the three who originally entered, only one remained. Leklo found a new friend and companion in Ultan. They stood ready to receive whatever fate lay beyond…

And then Sidra arrived, her voice echoing all the way down the hall to the central chamber where Leklo and Ultan stood.

“So you are,” the Administrator replied as Sidra announced presence. “Once more three assemble, although one of you is different from the last time two of you were here. What brings you to this temple, Sidra? We gather now in anticipation of a Great Disk being used in devotion. Behold its glory within the innermost chamber!”

The Administrator’s voice filled the temple in its entirety. He was in all rooms at once, and the lights of the stars overhead seemed to dim outside the innermost room, casting long shadows. After all, the brightest futures cast the longest shadows.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @The Captain

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Oh?" She said, feigning surprise, "I don't suppose you have room for one more?" She held her own Great Disk aloft for a moment as she began working her way towards the innermost room, footsteps clacking over the surfaces of stone and sleet.

Anticipation and dread plagued her in equal measure as she passed by the frozen tree, through the the word door, and the lantern room. The Administrator had said there were two others here, which correlated with the number of speeder bikes she'd seen outside, but if only one of them had been here before, then who was the other? And which of her previous part-time companions - Leklo or Korruhn - was here? How had they managed to get a Great Disk?

And perhaps most importantly, could the boon below be shared, or would the Administrator make them fight for it?

There was only one way to find out. 

She stepped into the final chamber and stopped, taking stock of the situation before her. Leklo with a Great Disk of Ice in his hands, another Toa Sidra didn't recognise at his side. And beyond them, the strange machine and the word NUVA engraved in the wall behind it. So close... She stayed silent, just taking in the scene and waiting to be addressed or challenged. 

@EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

For a moment all three living beings stood stock still. Ultan, still weary from the previous fight and wary of entering another already, stood nearby and wished to not get involved. Leklo held his 429 drawn from his satchel, poised to insert into the mechanism, and stared at Sidra's unexpected presence. He cast a critical eyes in her direction, but it wasn't at her, per se, but at her disk. How did she obtain it? he wondered, and then wondered if it was truly a real disc. It didn't have the striations of the Ko-Metru hallmark, or the particular numerical denotations, but that didn't mean it wasn't up to spec. It was not the time to argue minutiae, or ask wherefor she retrieved such a thing; the time for such speculations came later, after the task was completed. 

The Administrator referred to her as different. What did that mean?

His eyes slowly drifted back to Sidra's face. "Have you?" he asked, yearningly, innocently. "Found your redemption?" It wasn't an accusatory question, nor did it speak of predjudice or her previous crimes at all. It was a question rooted in philosophy rather than morality. The laws of Metru Nui had no sway on this land called Zakaz, Leklo had come to realize, and whatever guidelines could be established for what was right and good were far more personal than legal. The question had nothing to do with Sidra's abjuration of her past and everything to do with her acceptance of who she was; Sidra's perceptive mind may as well have heard the question as, Who are you now?

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

Redemption. There was that karzing word again.

She hated it. It was a judgement in of itself, a condemnation of her actions. It was an insistence that she had to define her life by Leklo's ethics and standards, instead of her own. More than that, though, it was a near-impossible ask. Only a scant few knew of what she'd done to Turaga Dume, and she doubted there was anything she could to earn forgiveness in their eyes. She saw no sense in confessing her actions and begging for the clemency of those who hadn't even been there.  

"I wasn't looking for it," she replied. "But I found a place, people, purpose. That's good enough for me."  

She knew as she said it that it probably wasn't good enough for him. 

Already her mind was racing to come up with other options. 

If it came to a fight, taking on two Toa at once wasn’t going to go her way. Having two Great Disks of Ice in the room that probably no one knew how to use properly didn’t do wonders for the odds either. Hypnotising one of the Toa might keep them out of the fight for a while, but it would be easy for the other to interrupt the process.

She could try teleporting past them directly to the disk machine, but Leklo was already close, likely wise to her tricks, and she wasn’t even sure if her mask would work properly in the temple. Any attempt to convince the Administrator that she was more deserving of the reward would likely fall apart the moment Leklo raised the fact that she’d killed Forgemaster Dume.

Which left only one option.

The obvious. The unexpected.

“Administrator... can this boon be shared?”

@EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Hospital

"The god Mata Nui is dead," Irna said, her knuckles white around the shaft of her glaive. "Does it matter any longer how he died, or by whose hand? Does it help us who is to blame, and who is punished? None of us can even say if our other gods followed us to these lands."

She looked over to Ostrox, and while her contempt for him remained, she could not bring herself to dismiss him. How many times had her own people been pushed deeper and deeper into the mountains of the North, into climes too harsh and too frigid for their cold blood to thrive, because the maskbearers had seen them as lesser? Ostrox, for all his pomposity and condescension, must have known that world as well -- the venom in his words was real.

"Perhaps none of us are favoured. Perhaps we are all of us fallen," she said. "But we must rise as one."

She looked over to the other Leaguer, the woman, the one who seemed to be Zaliyah.

"You and I," she said to her, "are neither of us are maskbearers. You do not trust our leaders? Nor do I. Sans was not good to you. And although I helped build his village, protect his people ... he was not good to me, either."

She took a step towards the Leaguer -- the warrior -- and held out a hand.

"So you do not trust our leaders. But may we speak on equal terms -- one woman to another?"

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Tarn @Onaku

-Void

  • Like 4

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro Hospital

Irna's story didn't surprise her. The contempt Sans had so blatantly shown to the people and cause of the League made it all the more surprising that he'd even tolerated a Zyglak in his village, let alone one who had previously served with the League. 

As Irna offered her hand, Zaliyah tentatively took it, though she was ready to pull away at the first sensation of anything adverse happening to her hand. 

"We may."

@Conway

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

She considered Zaliyah's words, ignoring Ostrox's jeers. The Mantaxian was mistaken in still thinking the Toa of Magnetism cared at all for the Matoran belief in being God's favorite. She wasn't a zealot.

Keeping the events that had happened beneath Metru Nui--the things that lead to their landing on Zakaz--secret, seemed to be the only way. Mazor was no criminal. He wasn't some kind of villain, to her or the League. Just someone caught up in circumstances that had been tricked into causing catastrophe. They wouldn't parade him out into the village to confess to anything.

They'd probably kill him on the spot for it, anyhow.

Before she could say anything back to Zaliyah, becoming increasingly impatient with the discussion as it turned, Irna stepped forward. Nale figured it'd be better to allow her a moment with the Hordika. The Fa-Toa remembered the notification she'd gotten earlier but, when she tried to reply and explain to whoever from the Taku was contacting her that this was not a good time, she received no response.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Conway

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro Hospital

Iradra nodded at Zaliyah and Irna's handshake with approval. She remained silent, so as to let the two of them speak, though she was glad that some form of understanding was being reached amongst the animosity, and though be it between a League soldier and an ex-Leaguer, it was progress all the same.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Conway@Tarn

 

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

Okuo stopped, and did not approach further, gently raising his hands up in what he hoped to be understood as a placating gesture. The beat of his heartlight spiked as he laid eyes on the non-matoran being in front of him, though he did his best to retain his calm. He'd faced worse things, he could face this with composure. "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to help. Do you understand me?" He spoke in a calm and soothing tone as best he could, hoping that the mask would relay the meaning of his words to the being in front of him, allegedly Nixie if Vhisola was to be believed.

@Vezok's Friend

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

Shadow puppetry sounded creepy as all Karzahni. It was unfortunate that Taja only had Whisper's word that she wasn't going to try it, but what other choice did she have?

The pair continued walking, then Taja spoke. "You said your wish is to be alive, right? So... why not just find some Rahi or something to possess through your..." she grimaced. "...shadow puppetry? Is it not the same?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

"To possess a being I need its consent," she replied. "I'm not sure that's possible with a mere beast."

@Eyru

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...