Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Changua - Outside Metru Koro - @Dane@Onaku@Smudge8

"I assure you, noble toa, I am only a humble scavenger. I mean you and those you protect no harm."

She turned to face Arkius. "I will stow what I have collected inside my hut and rejoin you outside in a minute. In the mean time, I would like to know more about these 'things in the shadows'. I would hate for such as lovely settlement as this to come to harm."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

The earthen toa nodded at the vortixx. "Well, there are some brutish Skakdi out there, even worse than the ones we had back home, that seem to be causing trouble for our folk. Our aim is to make sure the brute who dared show his face here and his ilk don't show up again to cause any more trouble."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuakana | Outskirts of Metru-Koro

After a time, a being came.

It was clad in blue and white armour. It was taller than some of the beings, shorter than others. Smaller than a Skakdi. It waited a ways off, standing silently and watching the settlement like they did. It did not appear interested in approaching.

They pondered this. They were not hiding. Was the being cautious or simply aloof? They appreciated how still it stood. It did not scurry frantically like the little beings below.

Curious.

All Aspects guarded their physical forms jealously. To lose one's vessel without a host to replace it was the height of dishonour. And so Aspects were cautious by nature, fearing the ignominy of returning to the Islets as a formless cloud.

But they did not understand shame. They guarded their form for its own sake, and did not fear the opinions of their brethren. Besides, few forces existed that could damage their armour. They were slow, but they were strong. 

And so, after a time, they began to slowly approach towards the other being, moving over the dry earth in their strange, loping stride.

 

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi That's Varxii. ^^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - The Archives (in the slight past)

 

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Something large scuttled in the distance, rubble shifting under its weight.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Faint sensations started to form. A body too heavy to move, weighed down by the last remnants of stasis. Noises unidentifiable coming in waves. A piercingly clean smell, like twenty dentists had taken up practice in the same room with a janitor who didn’t know how not to use bleach for everything.

A slight vibration caused something metallic to rattle.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Saybo cracked his eyes, slowly coming to himself. The light blinded him and he let his lids fall. What’s going on? he wondered.

He got his fingers to twitch. His movement was coming back. That was good.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

What is making that noise?

Saybo cracked his eyes again, and as they adjusted, he realized there was barely any light at all. In fact it was rather dark.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Something cried out in pain for a brief moment.

Oh yes, the Archives. Saybo’s thoughts were coming to him faster now.

He was on a mission. No, he had been discovered somehow. Sealed away for past crimes. But quietly. Why quietly? He supposed it didn’t matter much to him now if he was awake again.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

That was definitely water. Saybo could feel it, even with his mask off. Ah, that explains some of the dizziness.

Saybo could now move his arms and he checked out the rest of his body since he couldn’t see it. He still had all his gear and limbs. Lucky him. The Matoran that put him away must have thought that he would never wake up. Their mistake.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

What was that smell? It was so strong, and clean smelling. In fact it was making Saybo a little nauseous. He reveled in the weak feeling, before once again relapsing into nothingness as it passed.

He realized rubble was covering the stasis pod he was in, with a singular crack letting light fall across his face. That’s one powerful lightstone.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Okay, now that’s getting annoying.

Two feelings in one day without his mask on. That was downright unheard of. However, the feeling was very weak and he didn’t get to savor it as much as he wanted before it too slipped out of his grasp.

The water continued to drip as Saybo pushed at the pod he was enclosed in. Rubble shifted and more light leaked in, but the pod didn’t open. Saybo tested his legs instead. They were back in business.

Continuing trying to free himself, Saybo eventually came to the conclusion that he couldn’t. He would have to put his mask on. That was a shame, since he loved saving it for special occasions. Reluctantly, he lifted his Miru to his head and felt it magnetically attach.

A rush of feeling entered his body. Flowing from his head down to his toes. He could feel every part of his body. Crystal clear, as if somehow his entire body had drank water after eating mint. He shivered at the feeling. His slight confusion was now gone. Saybo’s mind was perfectly on task. He took in what his senses were telling him in perfect comprehension. The strength he felt in his muscles was invigorating. The stasis pod had kept him in perfect condition.

Saybo inwardly scoffed at those who always wore their masks. He was more alive in this moment than they could ever be. He felt everything. Experienced all of life in this moment. And the longer he went without, the longer the effect would last. Saybo found that it actually helped him when he did have to fight others. Staying like that for a few minutes was too short a time, but Saybo had a job to do. He had to complete his task for the Shadowed One.

Squishing himself up against the back of the pod, Saybo pulled a water droplet from his right hand, mentally causing it to spin. Flicking it towards the front of the pod, Saybo expanded it, keeping it spinning at a high velocity. The sphere punched a hole through the glass front and the rubble beyond, splashing against the ground as Saybo let go of his control of it.

Climbing out the hole he had created, Saybo stared in actual awe at what he saw. It hadn’t been a lightstone after all. It was sunlight.

It looked like someone had picked up the Archives, tossed them like a bowl of salad, then thrown them down a flight of stairs into a wood chipper. Everything was laying absolutely everywhere. How his pod hadn’t been crushed he would never know. He was so shocked he didn’t even think to savor the emotion.

He could see several floors up in some places. There was- Saybo did a double take. There was half of a Ta-Metru forge faintly glowing afar ways off. Like, half of an entire building was somehow underground now.

Saybo involuntarily took a couple steps towards it. It didn’t look to be in sunlight, so it had somehow slid into its new position. How in the world was he going to find the mask he had been sent to steal.

Something small skittered away from him as Saybo accidentally kicked something. He looked down absentmindedly. NO WAY.

It was the golden Noble Ruru he had been sent to find!

Saybo immediately snatched it up, inspecting it. It had the inscriptions on the inside marking it as genuine. It shone in the light just right. It was real gold. It was- Saybo looked closer. Several flecks of gold had been worn off, probably from all the debris and whatever had caused the Archives to be rearranged. A deep green shown from underneath a gold coating.

He sneered. Wow, not even pure gold. That’s Turaga for you. Won’t even reward true heroes with a real gold mask.

Saybo unceremoniously stuffed it in his backpack. That was unexpectedly easy. Still, the Shadowed One will be proud.

A very loud and very dangerous sounding roar suddenly shook the air around the Toa of Water. Saybo instinctively turned to the noise, didn't instantly see anything, and didn’t stick around to find out what had caused it. He activated his mask and mentally tugged on the water in the containers on his chest armor, floating up and out of the gaping hole in the ceiling, out into the daylight.
 


-----------------------------

 

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo and Sorilax   ---------   Description of Sorilax's Second Skin and Saybo's Eclipse

Description of Sorilax's Le-Metru Nuva   ---------   NPC Profile for Evolis Kerhs

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

Nale gave a small wave from her bed. "Goodbye, Kanohi. Stay safe, both of you."

Once they left, Nale would retire to bed and, under "doctor's orders," rest her injured leg. Without Arkius there, the cot could accomodate her frame better, but it was no more comfortable than before. She hoped, if she could fall asleep, that dreams would not come: all she had lately were nightmares.

@Harvali

IC: Datrox Karvan - Navu's Hut to Metru-Koro Gates

I slept little while staying in the hut, but I wasn't sure if it was because of the awkwardness of the situation or because of Navu's words. The League weren't just going to disappear into thin air, and even here their crimes still appeared as fresh wounds. Further, now we had enemies from all sides that did not want us here with the presence of the island's natives. I tossed and turned, the floor being just as comfortable as I'd expected (even despite me being used to sleeping in places like this).

When I saw the first sign of morning sun I got up, gently replacing the pillow under Navu's head as she slept, and crept out as quietly as possible. I wandered about the village, patrolling to make sure the residents were safe and no trouble had arisen. It felt almost like Metru Nui, like I was making my rounds again from district to district, but at the moment "trouble" here usually meant someone having a minor disagreement. Time passed, the sun moving across the sky, and eventually as I wandered I found myself at the gates of the village to inquire the guards there about a position, when here I came across a group of fellows conversing. Three Toa of varying elements and appearances, and a Vortixx. 

"What seems to be going on here?" I asked, curious at this gathering of warriors.

@Onaku@Dane@Smudge8@Biological Chronicler

  • Like 1

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Of all the places to get lost, the Archives were potentially the worst, and simultaneously easiest, place to do so. All these corridors, broken as they were, looked exactly the same, and Okuo almost felt like he was going in circles.

That notion was confirmed when he found himself in front of the same talking door he'd flown away from moments earlier. "Okay now that is some bu-"

@EmperorWhenua

 

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

"Yes, of course. Anyone willing to help is welcome to come along." Arkius gave an assuring smile and nod to the Vortixx, before turning to the approaching Ta-Toa. "We are preparing to venture after a Skakdi Marauder who attacked this settlement, and find his ilk to ensure they do not harass us again. Would you be interested in lending us your sword, brother?"

@Biological Chronicler @Tarn @Dane @Smudge8

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

"Perhaps," I replied. "A marauder, then? So this is a quest for vengeance, or a preventative measure?"

I crossed my arms, my optics meeting with the Toa of Earth's own. This was the kind of work I had been looking for: a chance at doing something to help this village, to protect it. But at the same time, I knew revenge could quickly tarnish even the most devout men. 


@Onaku@Dane@Smudge8@Biological Chronicler

Edited by Tarn

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Triki - Northern Desert / Vahki Transport

"I think-be robot pal said to open window," Triki said, using his ability of selective hearing.  "Wonder-be what flying-thing wants with tap-tap of glass."  Triki reaches forward and touches the glass, consequentially triggering his Reconstruct at Random power to turn the glass into something else...

OOC: Somebody else can determine what it turns into...

@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@Toru Nui@Nato the Traveler@ZippyWharrgarbl

:music: 

Edited by xccj
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

"Preventative measure." The earthen toa replied. In truth, there was nothing personal about this. Arkius hadn't been here when the marauder attacked, he simply knew the skak was a threat and needed to be dealt with, along with any buddies the brute had.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

"I am Arkius, Toa of Earth. And you?" Arkius reached out his hand for a customary greeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

The old toa remained behind while everyone else around Turaga Sans' hut entered as bidden. There was no need for him to go in and discuss the matter of going to the Kumu Islets; he did not approve of the sojourn but he could not prevent it from going, and perhaps Sans had wisdom in what he connived. Stannis remained concerned, what sort of impact the group's trip would have on the morale of the refugees who were already fearful and anxious. If Waveahk succeeded somehow in getting to the southern tip of the land and then return, they would bring back sensational stories of the Aspects that could drive the others to fear them once they realized the nature of these beings; and if the worst happened and they did not return... well, their absence would cause unease all the same. Still, he admitted with a shrug, Mata Nui works in mysterious ways. He resolved to seek out Waveahk out before the steltian mutant left, hoping that at least he could prepare him for the journey he was about to embark on, and maybe even incentives the Hunter to success for a more communal goal. 

The Wanderer walked away from Sans' hut and back through the maze of tents and shelters that composed Metru Koro's districts but was harried by Matoran who hailed him to speak with the closest thing to a prophet they had. For all, particularly those who remained faithful to Mata Nui, answers and reassurances were sparse while the worries and questions were infinite. Their god had seemingly disappeared from their lives, their lands were taken by warlords who defied Mata Nui, and lastly their very universe had crumbled away and crashed on a strange world. They were desperately seeking some sign—any sign—that Mata Nui yet lived. To his incredible regret, Stannis could not give them that, but he could stoke a hope that things had happened for a reason because he believed that to be true himself. 

It was as he sat around a crackling firepit, speaking with a Po-Matoran who whittled at a block of wood while reliving stories of the Battle for Metru Nui, that he heard the most recent development that gave him pause. He mentioned Toa Arkius in a matter of passing when the matoran looked up from his carving. "Arkius? You know, that toa's about to head out of this place on some... well I guess you could call it an 'expedition.' He's been assembling heroes and sheroes to go deal with some local Skakdi marauder."

"He is, is he?" Stannis said, perking up a brow as he puffed his pipe animatedly. The white smoke rose away in a dense billow of milky white that quickly was swallowed up by the dimming nighttime air. "Tell me more."

"Not much to say, honestly. He nailed a poster to the billboards Turaga Sans erected around town. Says he wants to 'teach the Skaks a lesson' and 'protect the Matoran.' That sound like your friend?"

Stannis nodded quietly as he reflected. "He always was an eager one for a fight—very brave, but sometimes stubborn. He possesses a heart of gold, however, and remains a dependable ally. Do you know when he plans to depart?"

"Well, soon, I reckon. I think he is gathering his posse at the main gate, but I don't know if he's leaving yet. Heard word about that, anyway," the matoran said with a shrug.

"Really? I should like to say hello to him, then! We have not seen each other since before the Battle, I'm sure he will take joy from seeing me. You may come as well if you want..."

"Mmm, nah. You'll be back though, I know it. You always come back. Maybe one day I'll make a carving of you, eh?"

Stannis gestured dismissively to the idea as he got up. "I am long past caring for statues in my likeness, old friend," he said humbly. "But I will see you again."

"Suit yourself," the matoran said, admiring the process he'd made on the block. "Ahhh, another Hafu original."

 

***

 

The august toa of stone held aloft a torch that illuminated his great grey cloak with dancing light and his shadow fluttered seemingly in sync with the flickering flames. Nobody stopped him then, his path too assured to halt and his visage too unrecognizable for most to call him by name. Once again he was simply a dark wanderer, one of many on the strange new land. He wondered what Arkius was up to, and furthermore hoped to help the frought toa of earth stay true. Stannis served in times of war while he was not a warrior himself; in contrast, Arkius was a man of war who struggled to find place in times of peace, and possessed in him certain... troubles. Above all, however, he was Stannis' friend, and because of that bond the Wanderer wished the best for the man.

He recounted when he last saved Arkius' life, on the Taku after a last bout with the resurrected Vyarik. Arkius was battered, bruised, even partially broken. It took much of Stannis' focus to restore him to health. His body was ravaged by trauma, bloodied both by his own and Vyarik's, and the damages dealt to his body were further helped by the enfeeblement the lack of his kanohi caused. The Mask of Kinetics itself had seemed to betray its user, and shards of it were embedded as shrapnel on Arkius' face as a painful reminder of what even the most familiar masks of power could do if pressed too far. Beyond that, however, Stannis could feel something else killing the earth toa from inside, a wound in pride, perhaps, or more likely something much darker, a poison in his soul that caused him to have such volatility beneath his bravado. The Wanderer sighed deeply and stifled a tear, but soon closed his eyes and began to pray. "Mata Nui, grant me the power..." he started, and then paused.

It grieved him; not the sight of injury or blood, nor even that it was his friend who had been nearly destroyed, but that he could not do as much as he wanted... Or needed. Toa Arkius' sufferings were a thing he could give some relief from, but he had no cures. It was a pattern he tried to subvert time and time again across the known universe, and despite his firm belief that he went where Mata Nui gently guided him like a boat along the sea's many currents he always sought to make a difference, to improve others, to fixtheir problems. He could not fix Arkius just as he could not fix Metru Nui, or the war, or much of anything. Still, he reminded himself, things would be worse had he not done what he could. Knichou was testament of that, the other Ghosts, even just the friends he had somehow become surrounded by again on the Taku. Surrender was not an option, not to enemies he could fight and not to feelings that clawed at his will. He would try, even when he felt he could not, else he did not have the Faith to truly be called a prophet.

"... Grant me the power to save life. Grant me the ability to heal bodily injuries, mend broken bones, seal armor breaks, and extract from the body the things that caused such harms. May I be able to do such healing insofar as the body will allow, and that I cannot restore what is incomplete. May the Great Spirit grant me this request. Amen."

He exhaled and in the same turn gave new life into Arkius. His Kanohi glowed, dimly at first, and then brightly, pulsating with each breath he took as he touched the many tears, wounds, gaps, and dislocations all over the toa's body, leaving behind mended armor and sealed scars. Of the shards on his face, he plucked them one by one, and with a wave of his hand he bound those cuts as well. After what seemed to take forever, but was truly only the span of ten minutes, he was finished. Arkius was whole again, mostly. At least in body. Stannis had done what he could.

But as he wordlessly walked away from the recovering body of the fallen hero, Stannis could not help but notice a niggling feeling that while he had mended the mortal wounds, there were some injuries that cut far too deep and were far too old that rested in Arkius' psyche and heart that were far beyond the paltry healing tricks Stannis could summon with his old imagination, and it was the wounds that remained unseen that Stannis feared could harm Arkius the most. 

"Brother Arkius!" The Wanderer hailed from the darkness of the dimming dusk. He lowered his hood to reveal his weathered face, and the mischievous false grimace of feigned injury. "Are you so busy making new friends that you do not care for an old one?

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

"Yes, well, this here is Jephro, Toa of Gravity. However, th-" Arkius was interrupted as a familiar Toa of Stone made his presence known. A wide smile overtook his features as the elder feigned offense, chuckling heartily as he saw his old friend. "Toa Stannis! I was worried I wouldn't see you again! Your presence, brother, honors and humbles me greatly. Tell me, how have you fared in these troubled times?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Of all the places to get lost, the Archives were potentially the worst, and simultaneously easiest, place to do so. All these corridors, broken as they were, looked exactly the same, and Okuo almost felt like he was going in circles.

That notion was confirmed when he found himself in front of the same talking door he'd flown away from moments earlier. "Okay now that is some bu—"

IC ???? | Archives

Okuo's swearing was abruptly censored by the same Vault AI's tinny voice that cheerily welcomed him back. "Hello again Toa Okuo, Scavenger of Metru Nui! :howdy: You were quick! I wish Toa Stannis of the Maru was this quick. :razz:

 

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"Despite all the odds that wished the opposite, I somehow yet live," Stannis admitted. "The same that could be said of all of us."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

The Ko-Toa grunted in displeasure as more Toa arrived.

"I assumed this would be a war party, not a social gathering." Falh grunted, briefly regarding his "allies" and their appearances. He felt as if he knew the Po-Toa, the name especially felt familiar. "I am Falh."

"If you all are done bloviating, I would like to set off."

OOC: @Tarn @Onaku @EmperorWhenua @Smudge8 @Biological Chronicler


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"A war party?" the Wanderer said, curiously looking towards Falh. He didn't bother to move his torch, but his bright pearly eyes drank Falh's visage in as if they were in bright daylight with a chilling certainty that could send a shiver even down the ice toa's spine. "The word I heard was this was an effort to protect the refugees, but perhaps someone should elucidate on the how. Please, for my benefit," he said, not to anyone in particular. 


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

He scratched at his wrist again compulsively before he looked back at Stannis' red eyes narrowing. The old man already irritated him.

"Preventative measures are still necessary in war, Toa Stannis. We intend on bringing the dribbling monster that attacked the settlement to justice. Is that not correct, Arkius?" Falh glanced to the Onu-Toa. He resisted the urge to scratch at his wrist again.

OOC: @Onaku @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Dane

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja stood back with a sigh of relief and admired their handiwork. It had taken a few days of hard work, but the telescopes were successfully installed. The hut was hardly big enough for them, but they could add more room later. For now, it was enough that they could study the stars.

The De-Toa had tried not to think about the fact that her entire world had merely been the inside of a colossal head. That posed the necessary question of whether or not these new stars could be trusted. If the stars represented the will of the Great Spirit only because they were housed inside his own skull, then whose will would these constellations represent?

Perhaps this island, too, was housed inside another, larger robot. Maybe it was robots all the way down.

...

Yeah, she tried not to think about it.

Waving goodbye to Nixie, the Toa began to walk down the road through the shantytown that some were starting to call Metru-Koro. It was a far cry from the wide streets and towering apartments of glass and steel that Metru Nui had been. This young settlement was built of ramshackle huts and shelters that could scarcely be called homes, most of them composed of packed earth and stone. Nevertheless, they were beginning to make a home here. The desert was unforgiving, scorching during the day and bitterly cold at night, and what little plant life that could be coaxed from the ground was scraggly and bitter. But the lightstone-lit streets were full of chatter and even the occasional song. A burgeoning market had sprung up, with Matoran bartering over carvings and seashells. Trade routes were being mapped with other settlements. Explorers were venturing out and returning with tall tales of an alien land. In spite of everything, there was a sense of hope that Taja dared to briefly allow herself to embrace.

That said, there were still the marauding bandits to worry about, and the broken skull still loomed over everything, filling the sky with a reminder of everything they had lost. There were rumours that some of the Barraki still lived and were scheming from the shattered remains of the city. Stories of strange temples and stranger creatures came back every few days. This land held many threats, and as much as she wanted to remain oblivious, Taja knew it was her duty to face them head-on. She had been chosen to bear the mantle of a Toa, and that meant seeking out danger and standing in its way.

Another thing she tried not to think about was the fact that she was a Toa in little more than appearance. Turaga Sans's guidance had helped her survive the battle in Ko-Metru, but the old man hadn't had time since the evacuation to teach her anything new.  She had busied herself with helping the village find its feet, but now that things were beginning to settle down, she knew she couldn't avoid her training for much longer. If something happened... if someone attacked the newborn settlement... she wanted to be able to protect it. It was her duty to practice her skills and hone her new powers. Why else had she been given them, if not to put them to use?

She'd tried teaching herself, but that hadn't gone so well. She could reliably call forth blasts of sound, adjusting the volume, pitch, and strength with relative ease, but struggled to move beyond that. It didn't help that she didn't really know what else a Toa of Sonics should be able to do. She could feel the power resonating deep within her, aching to be called forth, but she lacked the practical knowledge of how to apply it. It was frustrating. What she needed as a teacher—someone more experienced who could help guide her.

She looked up at the sky and sighed. Hopefully destiny would put someone in her path. If not... well, she'd have to seek someone out. And if she was being honest... she really wasn't much of a conversationalist.

Edited by Eyru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Northern Desert, Vahki Transport

If one listened intently, one might have heard the gentle and brief activation of a fan; a tiny, annoyed sigh. She just hoped her paint job lived through this.

OOC: I keep forgetting to do this so @Edelgard@Nato the Traveler @xccj@Jakura Nuva@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Temple

Sidra pushed against the suva towards the left, and to her surprise it groaned with the internal churning of gears. Slowly, and with an obstinance born of centuries of disuse, the white marble suva turned. It took all the strength she had to move it even an inch, but it turned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Wilderness @Toru Nui

Mazor chuckled, "I sure hope you don't find rotten flesh appealing."

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro gate meet up

As newcomers approached Jephro just stood silently in the back of the group.

 

  • Like 1

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth)

"...Fine. I guess I'm gonna visit the Nightmare Pits after all. Now, how do they get inside when it's sacrifice time?" Enra scrutinized the mountain, surveying it top to bottom with telescopic vision for some sort of entrance.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk's Tooth

From Enra's perspective, Irnakk's Tooth looked more like Irnakk's broken bleeding molar. The rocky volcano rose hundreds of feet into the air in front of them, once dwarfing the icy mountain ranges to its West. Now it dwarfed the massive skull that descended from the sky and destroyed the Western seaboard of Zakaz. Enra knew of two safer paths up the volcano than attempting to just walk up any old side and risk rock slides, unknown monstrous rahi, and the nightmare creatures her mother told stories about when she was a child: one followed a river of molten lava on the Eastern side. This was where the occasional apocalyptic tahtorak was born from. The lava flowed from the volcano out to the sea just south of the Riggers shantytown built into a large bay. Petrified trees and charcoal stumps stood in its wake, charred from the fires and heat in the periphery of the lava. The other way was a toll bridge run by six monsters calling themselves skakdi, but when she thought about that she realized the molten lava was probably safer.

Also, the toll bridge was gone when she looked at the Western side of the volcano. The mountain range it extended from had been flattened by the impact, and now only a glittering toxic waste dump of a lake took its place.

@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Nixie - Astronomer’s hut, Metru-koro]

Nixie waved goodbye to Taja as well, before shutting the door behind her and turning around, facing the mess that was her new ‘office’. Stacks of star charts and other papers she’d miraculously managed to save were strewn about, assembled in loose piles, stacked on available free surfaces and generally unsorted. They were lucky to have this much available at all, considering the state Metru Nui had been in. 

She would eventually have to work through the backlog, but right now the astronomer Matoran had more pressing matters to worry about, such as updating the chart of the current night sky. If there was anything the stars could tell them to help them find their place and way in this new land, they needed to know, so she needed to get on with it. 

Nixie sighed, rolled her shoulders to loosen up, then returned to her desk next to the freshly setup telescope. It would be immensely useful! She picked up her writing instrument with one hand, while reaching for a mug of tea with the other. It was her primary form of sustenance this past week and half, to keep her going. She meant to savor the gulp she took, but instead immediately spat it out in bitter disgust - all over the chart on her desk. Great. The comforting liquid had gone icy cold in the time Taja and her had set up the telescopes. She’d completely forgotten about the mug. With a sigh, she stood up, fetched a cloth and wiped the chart down as best as possible. Then she took the Mug, poured the rest of the stale tea out of her rear window, before refilling it from the kettle that was being kept warm over the small fireplace. She had made sure that got put in right away, since she often worked late evenings and nights and it got bitter cold during those in this wasteland. It was the other most important feature in her hut - if she was awake, the kettle was going.

With her refill in hand and finally ready to get down to business, she sat back down at her desk and got to work with the telescope. She started with the brightest stars and constellations, working her way through the night sky methodically. Soon, she’d lost track of the time, fully engrossed in her task.

Then, she frowned. The constellation she was putting to paper was - cut off? That wasn’t right. She leaned back from the telescope, looking up through the opening without its aid - and realized the problem was the giant head that had been her home for so long - now a dark silhouette obscuring part of the night sky from her studious gaze.

“First it almost kills us all and now it’s getting in the way of my job - perfect, just perfect.” she muttered, annoyed. She sighed, set down her tool and rubbed at her eyes. Pulled out of her workflow, exhaustion set upon her rapidly. Perhaps it was time to call it a night - it must have been hours and way past midnight. She cast another glance towards the ruins of her old world. She could work around it for now - after all they were on a rotating, orbiting celestial body so in time she would get to see most of the stars, but there was always a risk of missing out on some important detail. No, eventually she would need to get the full picture and for that she’d need a better vantage point, like a mountain, or the top of the fallen head...but that could wait for tonight. With a yawn, Nixie turned down the heat stone powering the fireplace, before promptly crawling into her cot and falling asleep the second her head hit the mattress.

OOC: Hey, I can finally write little character moments for any NPC =D
 

  • Like 4

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

NU-8020S's reaction time - as a machine, superior to organics in every way - was quick. But not quick enough to stop Triki. Even as she tried to grab hold of the hearing-impaired sack of organs and yank him away from the window, said window was changing before her optic sensors - into acid.

@xccj@Nato the Traveler@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl

 

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Love Shack)

There was a knock at Rose's door. Grumbling and drunken murmurs came from the other side.

@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth)

Oh good. Because she did not want to have to deal with those guys. Again.

"Alright. We just have to follow the river of lava, which will take us into the horrible volcano of ritualistic sacrifice." Her vision returned to normal, and she turned to Xane with a questioning look. "You really sure 'bout this?"

@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness)

"Don't worry, I don't." Gnabol started trekking towards the Aqua Sphere, not particularly caring if Mazor was with him or not.

@Smudge8


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Well, Karzahni,” muttered Dalu, “Things just keeping getting better, huh? Don’t worry, I’ll pass it along. Not just to Jovan, everyone ought to know this. In the meantime, I need to guard. If the Skakdi have wiped out one Matoran population, they are gonna find ours a bit tougher to take on.

Kanohi nodded to her, before walking away. Turaga Jovan remained away searching for that Skakdi, but the Fe-Matoran could not wait any longer, and someone needed to know, and as Dalu was a guard … he had told her. He only knew little bits, and wasn’t about to ask the Turaga for more information, but at least someone should know.

Hopefully the camp would be okay in their absence. 

Regardless he came upon the assembled group and spoke, “um, are we all ready to go?

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler ready to leave?

 

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 6:40 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Korio Karasha - The Rig (Mall)

On 4/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, Dane said:

IC: Zai - Zakaz, The Rig

The Ta-Skakdi had come to check up on the situation, to find her liege had seemingly finished her business. She should never underestimate psychic abilities, especially Yumi's.

"Kor! Come over!"  Zai called begrudgingly as she approached Yumiwak, red eyes inspecting the corpse. His death had been quick, it looked like. Her and Yumi's styles differed very greatly in that respect. Well, most of the time. Yumi did tend to indulge in longer ends when they befitted the subject.

"Did you discover what you wanted, my lady?" Zai asked, knowing the answer already.

IC Yumiwak | The Rig

"Yes, I guess," I replied sardonically. "There's someone who came from the Head and apparently made a mess of some Mesi and has the Warskaks interested. That happened recently enough that the tracks are still fresh. Kunok McGrokk knows more, so we're going to ask him a few questions.

I kicked the informant's corpse, maybe to check if he had any life left in him, or maybe just because I was bored. Leaving him there was an option but an unsightly one. Where was my big strong one? "Korio! Throw this cool dude into the bay. And then we're taking the Panda to the shore.

"There's someone with cool pants I need to take.

I didn't expect anyone to have any idea what the last line was about. And did I mean the pants or the person? 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut)

"Precisely!" Tekmo led Skorm out of the Turaga's hut and back to his own.

@Keeper of Kraata

 


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Wilderness @Toru Nui

Mazor fell into step beside Gnabol.

IC: The Janitor-The Rig (open for interaction)

Somewhere on the rig, a bright yellow fohrak was scrubbing a steel catwalk, a long way above the ocean, a wayward Skakdi bumped against The Janitor, who stumbled foreward, tetering on the edge. Thinking fast he lashed out with his mop, it's tendrals extended and wrapped around a bent peace of metal, alowing the fohrak to stabilize itself. As it stood back up it turned, and saw they saw the skakdi walking away. "Hey," the Fohrak said in it's grouchy mechanical voice. "Watch where you are going!" But the skakdi paid him no mind, and The Janitor went back to cleaning.

 

  • Like 1

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triki - Northern Desert, Vahki Transport

Coincidentally, the only thing that saved Triki from getting splattered by the acid he had just created was NU-8020S grabbing him and pulling him away...

"Hey, down-let me!" Triki protests, thinking that he had done a fine job of opening up the window to allow the flying being to enter / speak (as long as they avoided the acid splatter themselves).  He couldn't see why NU-8020S was upset that the window was now gone and droplets of acid were eating away at the metal floor of the Vahki transport.  Surely it would give the transport a stylized look, right?

@Nato the Traveler @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Toru Nui @ZippyWharrgarbl

:music: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lueiji - Northern Desert

Lueiji had moved backwards to let Triki work, scowling for only a brief moment at NU's insult before doing a quick dance backwards in order to avoid the corrosive substance. Kinda messy and probably unnecessary, but it solved their problem.

Or, what they had thought was a problem. Seeing the strange creature more clearly through the growing gash in the transport wall made Lueiji suddenly think twice about granting it the ability to interact with them...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Metru-Koro, Sans' hut

IC: Keitara blushed slightly at Irna's touch. She nodded thankfully to her.

(OOC not sure exactly what the plan was @Conway, but I'll go along with it! I sense good narrative opportunities incoming! Edit: this sounds dubious. What I mean is whether or not Irna is gonna give Kei a cursory exam here or if she's gonna take her to a hit or somewhere she can rest.)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tugarak - Colisuem Docks @Toru Nui@Nato the Traveler

"Well, this is it." He said to his passengers.

The had arrived at a massive, vaguely cylindrical chamber at the end of the hallway. The only light came from a handful of lightstones embedded in the wall around them. Before them stood the Ripple, landed in the exact center of the chamber. Her landing gear and boarding ramp were full extended. Protodermis cables snaked throughout the chamber, connected her to the small ports in the walls. Fohrok va worker drones swarmed over her hull, making countless small repairs and adjustments.

"Follow me aboard." He boarded the ramp.

IC: Changua - Outside Metru Koro

"My name is Changua." She said.  "I hope that I can be of service."

IC: Balkan - The Rig @Smudge8

On his wat back from the Mall area, he decided to take a walk outside. He stepped over a catwalk, but found a small, robotic creature blocking his path. He was about to shove it out of his way when it occured to him that he might be able to get some information out of it.

"What kind of drone are you, huh?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Docking Bay)

Ostrox inhaled a great deal of air through his nostrils, exhaling through his mouth, satisfied. "Ah, nostalgia. Nostalgia from only a week ago, but nostalgia, nonetheless." He followed Tugarak up the ramp, boarding The Ripple.

@Biological Chronicler@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

It took every last bit of self-restraint protocol for NU-8020S not to crush Triki's tiny meat-brain into paste. Especially after the moronic little pustule had the audacity to give her an order.

She instead, decided to settle for tossing him aside and preparing to fire her Kanoka at the first sign of hostility from the creature.

@xccj@Nato the Traveler@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl

 

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness)

Gnabol didn't entirely trust this 'Mazor', but considering his... unusual skin condition, it was likely he was just another outcast, like him.

He took the lead, walking across the Zakaz wilds towards the Aqua Sphere.

@Smudge8@Unreliable Narrator


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded, “okay, then um, let us head out.” The Fe-Matoran began to head out of the  makeshift village, but as he departed he turned to Pardehi, “I … don’t think the village can spare any Ussal Crabs, we don’t have the resources of Metru-Koro. So we will only have the one you had. Um, what was the journey from Metru-Koro like when you headed up here? What was your route?

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler Feel free to write us leaving 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...