Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

Perhaps he had been briefly visiting Turaga Sans for a cup of morning joe, or slept outside to be covered in morning dew, or perhaps more disconcertingly Stannis had seemingly somehow ... appeared next to Waveahk's hauler, but there he was. He looked old and tired as ever with his burly, worn fingers clasped tightly about the spear he was using as a staff, but there was no menace in his posture. To the contrary, Waveahk could see that the wizardlike toa's hood was removed. No, he wasn't there to fight or argue, he was there as something benevolent. This realization was a likely surprise. The last time Waveahk was on a vehicle in Stannis' presence the toa destroyed it. 

"Waveahk," he said softly. "I wish to speak with for for a moment."

OOC By the way, this interaction is being jammed with Toru Nui and actually takes place the following day from the Arkius' group interaction.

IC ???? | Archives

16 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

"Alright, alright, so... since I'm here again for some reason, I guess I'll ask you this. You said you can 'protecc'. Does that mean you have defensive systems in place in this corridor? A mechanism to deter unwanted entry? And on that note, I think I caught you calling me a 'welcome one' earlier? Forgive me for being hopeful but does that mean I'm allowed entry or does it mean something else?" Aside from quietly asking the door his questions, Okuo was also frantically looking to either side, trying to stay as aware as possible in case something or someone was coming for him down these tunnels.

"There would not be much of a Vault of Secrets if it didn't have security features! :P My makers would be so disappointed. "

A pause.

"Saying that means you are a 'welcome one' here! You are not Toa Stannis of the Maru, Toa Okuo, Scavenger of Metru Nui, but you are the first sentient company I have enjoyed in ...  one.hundred.severyty.five.thousand.two.hundred.and.eighty-eight hours. :spinsmile:"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

IC Kanohi - trekkin’

Kanohi sighed with release, those his heartlight didn’t stop fluttering. He … he didn’t like vocalizing his doubts. With Toa Raz it was easier, though maybe that was because Kanohi was exhausted at the time. Hope … hopefully that Toa was okay, Kanohi had not seen them in Po-Koro, but they were far from everything.

As he waited for Turaga Klawne to explain about these other gods and what her people called this island, Kanohi looked about the landscape. A layer of dust covered everything, most cacti, tumbleweeds, and sprawling collections of thorns were buried, save for plants dug up by the wind or uncovered to be eaten by Rahi. Mahi wandered about the mounds of dust, using their heads and their horns to search for shrubs.

Kanohi sighed with a shudder. Even … even if the Skakdi-Xa were monsters who killed off the original inhabitants, the Rahi did not deserve to suffer. And Turaga Klawne’s people were likely in more trouble now, with their food buried in dust and ash, and the sun blotted out by a dead god’s head. So much death plagued this land, please let no more follow…

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler @Tarn

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector nodded, “Its … strange, compared to your homeland, yes? When I came to Metru-Nui, it was a far cry from Xia. Less … irrational in some ways, more emotional in others. Unity would be alien on Xia. At least, Unity as Matoran describe it.” Though clearly some were more worthy of unity and loyalty than others. Toa, highest of all.

They shook their head and spat, ”It matters little now though, Xia is probably dead now, with Mata-Nui’s head severed the rest of the universe will run out of air, it will all leak out and the Vortixx there will die. Huff. Good riddance.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Onaku

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Wilderness)

"Well, the island's name was actually the subject of some debate. Xa Nui was the most widely accepted name, but there was also Tren Nui and Mata Nui and a few others that escape me."

All of which sounded even worse than 'Zakaz'. The Aspects were going to have to come up with a better name for the island at some point.

"The Kaita are minor deities, under Mata Nui, who is under Tren Krom, the top god. When a certain rite which I've forgotten the details of is performed, three can become one, transforming into the avatar for one of the Kaita. Something about Unity bringing us closer to the gods. The process is reversible of course, I should know, I was part of one at one point."

@Harvali@Tarn@Biological Chronicler

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

NU-8020S eyed the two brothers for a moment, before turning to face the front window, analyzing the horizon. As per her commands, the Transport had not stopped or even slowed down throughout the entire encounter with Whisper. She searched for anything - tracks, civilization, signs of life - that could point them in a direction, rather than scuttling randomly across the desert.

@Unreliable Narrator@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@xccj

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Cargo Hauler)

"The company that created this vehicle no longer exists, so-" as Waveahk was answering Rose's 'joke', there was a knock on the opposite side of the vehicle from Irna, wanting to be let in, and then there was Stannis, materializing with his 'wizard powers' on the driver's side.

"Excuse me for a moment." He stood up from the driver's seat, and went to the opposite side of the vehicle to let in Irna and Tekmo. "Come in."

Tekmo held up his finger to raise a point as he entered. "Skorm and Keitara will be following us in their own vehicle. They're worried about the amount of space in the hauler." Tekmo secretly wished he could join them. He didn't trust Waveahk. He wouldn't forget what happened in Ga-Metru.

"Of course." A tone-deaf alcoholic and her wife who were refusing to take this seriously, an arrogant egotist who held a petty grudge against him, a being whose race was reviled throughout creation, and now two more Toa who he couldn't keep an eye on. Oh, and Stannis was going to attempt to 'reason' with him again. Amazing.

He sat back down in the driver's seat, and turned to address Stannis. "Speak about what?"

@EmperorWhenua@Conway@Tarn@Snelly

"But... that's..." Okuo furrowed his brow, the gears in his head winding up into full spin as he calculated a more convenient reference frame for these 175,288 hours the door voice mentioned. "Carry the... divided by... so that'd be..." Finally, Okuo's eyes widened upon realising the true extent of this artificial mind's isolation. "You've been alone down here for over twenty years?"

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro

There was a clear expression of worry and discomfort on Zadred's features as she took a step back away from Collector.

@Harvali

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"Not specifically, I just came by to see what the noise was about. May I be permitted entry onto this airship?"

@BULiK

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

"Thank ye! Oh, lovely this time of year, it is!" Korio replied, clasping his hands together. "Lovely people, too." A crimson eye winked, followed by a chuckle. The Vo-Skakdi admired the curtains draped over him. "Got these for quite the deal, if I do say so meself."

"Ah, right, I s'pose Miss Yumi has never introduced us. Name's Korio of the Karasha family. They ain't around anymore, it's just me now."

@Dane@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

"Al...right, then," I replied. Focusing back on Kat, I said, "He's the one over there talking to the Skakdi in a mech, the Toa of Earth with a Calix. I don't think it would be a good idea to interrupt."

@The UltimoScorp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - trekkin’

I … never heard of a god above Mata-Nui,” admitted Kanohi, looking over to the Turaga as they continued to ride, “Well, my people once believed in a group above him called the Great Beings, but only the Turaga knew anything specific about them and their rituals, and I don’t think they were gods.” He then looked away, his face scarlet, “I … don’t remember as much of Okoto as I should, I think.”

He made a smile, “But Kaita, they sound … reassuring.” If Unity could indeed bring Matoran closer to the gods, merge them together, and give a god form, then well, it sounded like the other gods agreed with him. That even without Mata-Nui, the Matoran still had each other. And through that, there was strength and purpose. 

They were heading into more mountainous terrain now. The layer of dust had slid off the mountain in avalanches, forming mounds of barren dirt. The Mahi wadded through these piles, before skipping and leaping from ridge to ridge, nibbling on the sparse plants that nibbled on the cliffside.

OOC: @Tarn @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector stared at Zadred, “Did I say something wrong?” Their eyes unsharpened and looked between the Skakdi and the others, confusion on the Vortixx’s face. Had they spoken out of turn? What did they do wrong? They kept their distance from Zadred, as they said while avoiding her gaze “I did not mean to offend. I … do not understand what my mistake was, but I am sorry.

Oh, it hit them that there were Skakdi in the universe, had they just reminded her of how that Zakaz might be dead too? They had assumed Zadred was an outcast too, but since she had traveled to Metru-Nui with others, she might not have been. 

They nodded and stepped away, curtsying. They clarified, “I understand and I apologize, Zadred, I did not mean to remind you of your home and your people. I did not mean to worry you. The Skakdi of our universe are hardy, they will endure.” That was a lie, the Slkakdi still in the universe will surely die too, but it was a lie to try to make her feel better. 

OOC: @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Knichou & Co., Metru-Koro outskirts, the Taku

Exuze looked confused for a moment, unsure exactly what to say.

"Uhhh, sure mate, tha ladder's right ovah there. Horn inspecta's already aboard, I don't see any harm in anotha Toa getting on. Don't try any sneaky business, though. Cap's up on the catwalks above, ladder to that's at the front 'a tha ship"

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nektann | The Northern Wastes, Fort Nektann

“Friendly ain’t what they paid to be,” Boss said in agreement with Parnassus. “But neither is late. We got a lesson planned for their arrival, but that be off topic. You came at a good time, Boogeyman. We’re heading out tomorrow.” At Boss’ mention of heading out, several skakdi heads perked up. Back to back raids meant overnight repairs. Overnight repairs meant Boss looked the other way so long as things were clean by the time he woke up. “I’m curious about these strangers. I don’t like my ACRs taking so long to come back. It’s time we gave them a proper wasteland welcome. You’re joining in, of course.”

He didn’t ask if Parnassus wanted to travel alongside the warskaks. But Boss also knew Parnassus’ kind were drawn to mortals like a starving skakdi was drawn to moldy bread. Eventually, they couldn’t stay away. And Boss had a glass jar with a nice tight metal lid ready for when Parnassus broke and tried taking a bite. In the meantime he’d have his crew wax the demon’s bike.

“You don’t need a room I imagine, so I won’t bother you with offering,” Boss picked back up. “Pleasure doing business.”

Boss smiled, teeth glittering, then he turned around and strode out of the hangar. A few silent minutes passed as the warskaks waited, then after a few nodded to each other the rest began breaking the flasks back out. Someone smacked their palm on the side of a rig and in immediate response a muffled squeezebox tune floated from the spare tire compartment where the matoran called Grime made his home.

“I’ll be having to kill the boy,” Boss grumbled to himself in the privacy of his personal chambers deep inside the mountain that housed Fort Nektann. But, he also grumbled to Miserix. When he was alone he always grumbled and Miserix couldn’t help but listen. The Aspect had nowhere to go, after all. 

“Without a doubt,” he replied as Boss busied himself with removing the pauldrons from his shoulders and getting ready for sleep in his private chambers. The morning brought a new dawn and a new raid. The Riggers were late with their water delivery, but the reports of a new settlement near the southern edge of the deserts seemed promising. If they could get some intelligence and some resources from them, hooray. If the village turned out to be just a small plaything, then at least burning it to the ground might provide entertainment for his warskaks.

“Better not tell you now,” was all Miserix had to say on the subject of the next day’s raid. Despite hating how little Miserix said in general, even Boss knew not to press his luck shaking another answer out of his patron. Sleep took him soon after, and his dreams were the same as always: a single scream, echoing forever.

His morning started with flossing. It was something his father impressed upon him, and how could he deny the rotting corpse of the old skak dangling from the battlements of Fort Nektann? Boss no longer remembered why he hanged his father. Some argument, undoubtedly, but there had always been some argument or other when he could still breathe air. After flossing Boss put his armor on, took a sip of water from a dirty tin cup, gargled, and spat it back. The small vine growing in the cup needed the water more than he did. He gave one of the tiny sprouting leaves a soft pet, then left his room with the fury of a skakdi warlord burning in his heart.

“We’re heading out,” Boss yelled as he walked through the mess hall, and the armory, and the hangar. “It’s time to live and time to die. Eat on the road.”

He dropped into the driver’s seat of his wasteland ride, and pulled his large knife from its sheath on this hip. The morning light glinted off the steel even through the grubby glass front window. The back of the knife had a strange pattern carved out of it. He shoved the knife into the keyport of his ride, turning it, and giving a satisfied grunt as The E. Street Skakwagon roared to life.

With the cheer of his warskaks they set out from Fort Nektann, driving into the dunes of the Northern Wastes.

OOC: timeskip yourself to the next morning, warskaks. It’s fury road time. @Burnmad @Conway

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Suva Temple

Nektann were not as small as spiders or little lizards, and so could not fit into the tiny holes those vermin escaped from. While the nektann crawling across the floor found little access to the gears underneath the lava rock, the nektann searching the second floor uncovered a mosaic on the floor beneath the overgrown plants and the dust blown in through the slumped and collapsed roof over the past centuries of neglect.  The mosaic depicted a sundial, with the top of the hour positioned to face northeast, and the half hour positioned in the south west.

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

44 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Nektann | The Northern Wastes, Fort Nektann

“We’re heading out,” Boss yelled as he walked through the mess hall, and the armory, and the hangar. “It’s time to live and time to die. Eat on the road.”

He dropped into the driver’s seat of his wasteland ride, and pulled his large knife from its sheath on this hip. The morning light glinted off the steel even through the grubby glass front window. The back of the knife had a strange pattern carved out of it. He shoved the knife into the keyport of his ride, turning it, and giving a satisfied grunt as The E. Street Skakwagon roared to life.

With the cheer of his warskaks they set out from Fort Nektann, driving into the dunes of the Northern Wastes.

IC: Corrivalis - Northern Wastes

Smiling in a rough approximation of the grins that came so naturally to his skakdi companions, Corrivalis clambered onto his ACR and powered it up. The engine sputtered to life, and the miniature mech took off, racing after Nektann and the other warskaks.  

44 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Suva Temple

Nektann were not as small as spiders or little lizards, and so could not fit into the tiny holes those vermin escaped from. While the nektann crawling across the floor found little access to the gears underneath the lava rock, the nektann searching the second floor uncovered a mosaic on the floor beneath the overgrown plants and the dust blown in through the slumped and collapsed roof over the past centuries of neglect.  The mosaic depicted a sundial, with the top of the hour positioned to face northeast, and the half hour positioned in the south west.

IC: Sidra - Ice Temple

The mosaic only served to further complicate Sidra's understanding of the Suva. 

Did the sundial indicate the temple could only be opened at a specific time? That seemed inconvenient, and if the temple opened up every day then the local skakdi would surely have raided it long ago. Unless... 

The temple had twelve columns. Like a clock. Perhaps she had to manipulate something down here to replicate the time shown on the sundial?

Taking a moment to orient herself with the image her nektann was viewing on the level above her, Sidra approached the northeast column she guessed the mosaic was aligned with, and inspected it - and its neighbors - more closely, holding up the light of her iStone screen to get a better look. Maybe the pieces of shell embedded in the carvings were meant to reflect light in a certain way? Or was there some other detail she'd missed in her earlier look-over? 

@Unreliable Narrator

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Taja | The Taku, Outskirts of Metru-Koro

"We met— well, met seems too charitable." Taja paused to amend her statement. "We were both Disk seekers. In Turaga Dume's office. Back, you know..."

She gestured to the giant head that dominated the horizon.

"...before the apocalypse."

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui outskirts, upper deck of the Taku

"Yeah... there were a lot of people in that office..."

Knichou winced at the memory.

"You were part of one of the groups that left to fight on the front lines, right?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | The Taku, Outskirts of Metru-Koro

"That's right," she replied. "We went to Ko-Metru. It was..."

She paused, looking for the right word, but came up short. She decided to change the subject.

"You seem pretty familiar with this ship. I'm guessing you were a pilot before everything happened?"

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

The pale-grey Skakdi sneered as he gave his ACR a final once-over. He would crush some skulls today, that much was certain. The only mystery was whether the owners of those skulls would put up a fight first.

He clambered into the power armor. It responded to the presence of his massive frame, closing around him. The hiss of its hydraulic lines filled the air of the hangar, a stark contrast to the powerful roars of the motorized vehicles preferred by others skaks.

He moved his leg, and the leg of the suit moved with it, amplifying the force of the motion, driving the ACR's considerable weight forward. He exited the garage, easily keeping pace with the others, a massive Skakdi made even more massive by the thick suit of power armor he was wearing, plodding along with powerful, bounding steps.

He kept close to the front, but not quite at the front. Glory hogs still kept behind the fools.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator 

IC: Providence - Strange Tunnels

"Alright, Varian," Prov responded, repeating the name back to the robot. The desire for recognition from others was a constant among all living beings.

He pondered the hulking figure's musings. The prospect of being in a body simultaneously familiar and alien, gave him an idea.

"Maybe you're like me, Varian. I'm a gas man, and I'm living inside this armor. But I can leave it whenever I want, and even move to other people's bodies - if they're willing, of course." He gave a reassuring glance to Vent; he had been told that the fleshlings needed to know the 'willing' bit. "Maybe you can do something similar?"

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

"Thank you most kindly." Iradra replied, before making her way up to Taja and Knichou. Stepping in and taking in the interior, she noticed Taja talking to a toa that seemed... familiar. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. Is everything alright?"

@BULiK @Eyru

Okuo sighed and nodded. "I know what it's like to be alone. For the longest time I found myself on my own too, back when Metru-Nui was still... well, not sitting half-way out of a beheaded robot's skull like it is now. I thought I didn't mind back then... only to realise later down the line that I did. I always had. I'd just... never faced it, I guess..."

He pondered on this for a moment, before looking up at the door again. "Do you have a name?"

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro outskirts, upper deck of the Taku

Knichou was just as inclined to talk about something other than the collapse.

"Sort of. I'm an engineer, formerly a Nynrah Ghost. I bought this ship to get me out of Artakha just before the Barraki set up their blockade near the end of the war. In those last few days I used it to help a group of disk hunters find another disk and eventually transported them to the Coliseum. So while I may not be a pilot by trade, this ship and I have been through what could easily be a lifetime of adventure in the past month."

Another Toa climbed to the upper deck catwalks to join the two in conversation.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything. Is everything alright?"

"Nothing interrupted here, we're not exactly on a tight schedule anyhow. I was just talking to Taja here about how... wait a second... you didn't become a Toa in Dume's office too, did you?"

Edited by BULiK

"Well, yes, as it so happens, I did, like Taja here... Did you perhaps also go through said experience? It may have been about a week ago but I think I recall a matoran of some likeness to you, though... the colours are a little different."

"Yeahhhhhh. This adaptive armor of mine got a bit judgemental about the whole 'Toa' thing. Byproduct of my exile from the Nynrah Ghosts. Used to be blue back in the day, believe it or not."

"It's my greatest work, and too complicated to go into the minutia of - basically it's computerized, and shifts its shape and function based on scans of the user's environment. So if I'm underwater, it gives my mask a rebreather, and so on."

Knichou chuckled.

"It doesn't exactly give full on wings - the jetpack thrusters and control fins will have to do."

"Well... I guess I could but I've always found it important to remember my roots. My past mistakes make me who I am, these changes have been how I've survived and I wouldn't want to wash over that. It's important to keep that perspective"

Edited by BULiK

"Well, that really is the question, isn't it. Ever since the war ended it's been strange being without a long term purpose again. In the short term, I need to take some supplies to some refugee camp called 'Po-Koro' to pay off the debt from restocking the Taku here, but after that..."

Knichou put his hand to his chin, deep in thought.

"I've scouted the island from above for the past week, and that floating orb of water hanging above the clouds intrigues me obvious reasons. The Taku can't seem to get to that altitude yet, I may need to make some upgrades to make it there. I also might need to actually get some weapons for the Taku too, depending on how hostile this strange land is..."

Edited by BULiK

IC: Triage - The Taku

Triage stepped down from the bridge, deciding he'd rather join the conversation then stand there awkwardly and listen in. His audio receptors had picked up familiar talk.

"You said you were in Ko-Metru? I was there too. Dropped in for a spell after we took down Carapar, although everything after the ground started shaking and towers started coming down is a bit of blur."

He gave a nod to Taja and Iradra.

"I'm Triage," and, gesturing to the De-Toa, he asked, "you're not...really a horn inspector, right? I don't think that's a thing."

@BULiK@Eyru@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Well... I'm not exactly a traditional airship pilot - I've only owned the Taku for a month or two now and I don't when you need to start inspecting the horns on a ship this size. All I know is that I haven't had anyone inspect her horn since I've been her pilot."

Edited by BULiK

"Looks like my horn is certified, whaddya know..."

Knichou turned to Triage.

"Big floaty ball in the sky. All spooky-lookin', real enigma-like. I dunno if anyone's been up there but it sure looks interesting to me. Might have something useful up there."

"Well, that's kinda the backup plan."

Edited by BULiK