Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Lueiji - (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

"Ya know," Lueiji says, relieved to finally be out of that mess as he puts an arm around NU's... shoulders? "Patience is quite the virtue."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Edelgard @xccj

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

The Tranquility was unable to dodge the Inferno this time, causing significant damage to the outer hull in the middle section.

"Pilot, land the ship! And it make it look like we're crashing!"

With a brief chirp of acknowledgement, the pilot began doing so, rapidly descending, keeping the airship tilted at the side. But the Vahki deemed first officer made an interjection. "But sir, we are still capable of flight-" Ostrox's red eyes glared at the officer until it stopped talking. "...Very well, sir."

Ostrox could have sworn the Vahki were getting more intelligent. It must have been the benefit of being controlled by the League instead of the Matoran.

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Eyru

 

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

“Alright then. Get to work. At Achro’s command, the four warriors went up to the vault’s door to begin said work with their tools.

@EmperorWhenua@Onaku

 

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

The Vahki became visibly uncomfortable as Lueiji laid his flesh all over her, before quickly stepping out of arm-over-shoulders range. You will not touch me unless absolutely necessary.

She then slowly turned to Triki, her synthetic voice summoning as much sarcasm as it could. “‘Boom-boom’. An excellent stratagem, Matoran. You’ll try to confuse them by dying horribly, I take it?”

NU-8020S could have sworn that the Matoran were not usually this dumb. It must have been the affect of being separated from their protectors... no, not the Toa, they sucked.

@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Edelgard

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, New Archives Entrance, Yaushe)

“...OK. Defending the city is good. Yes. Absolutely.”

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Tarn@A-tak-nid


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lueiji - (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

Lueiji recoils from the sudden movement, scratching at his head with a frown. He was only trying to be nice...

OOC: @Toru Nui @Edelgard @xccj

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Alright, alright. I see whatcha getting at, friendo. And yeah I can tell you’re new, the long spine gives it away a bit.”
Kunok scratched at his jaw, making the frills growing from behind it wiggle.

“But you’ve picked one heck of a place to set up shop, believe you me. You got blighted swamps and creepy isles to the South, kama-crazy warskaks North, West you crushed when you got here and East...well, look around.”
“Now I ain’t telling ya to stop but you gotta know what you’re getting yourself into. Folks round here mostly live of what they can scavenge or grow for themselves. Rig’s a bit different cause they’re all bunched up and split the time between raiding and fishing so you get a place or two but elsewhere...hard to see it happen. Warskaks got their fenced in Oasis but they’d sooner eat you methinks.”

“So, tell me true: You serious about opening up a place? No other motives?”

OOC: @Sparticus147


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triki - (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

Triki mused over NU-8020S's words.  "Hmm, dying horrible is big fun-no.  Maybe we can confuse them by causing them to die horribly.  They'll see-not it coming!"

@Toru Nui @Jakura Nuva @Edelgard

:music: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish 

She blinked in surprise as the airship pulled to a full stop, her shots narrowly slipping by the bridge. For a flying tank, the Inferno was strangely agile. Time to clip its wings. She spotted the cannon mounted on the underside of the Inferno beginning to move, seemingly intent on aiming up at her again - a difficult shot, based on the fact that its gun was on the underside, and her ship was higher than the Inferno.

It was a shot made all the harder when Zaliyah promptly ordered her vahki to push the acceleration to full, propelling the Razorfish back and to the left. The gunner still attempted fire on her, coming close to clipping the tail section as crackling energy arced past. That's the last shot you're going to get.

When it came to a halt, the Razorfish was still above and now directly behind the Inferno, the ship's own bulk now shielding her from being seen from the bridge, or being fired on by its only weapon. She continued raining fire from both weapons down upon the Inferno - pacing her fire to avoid overheating the weapons - now leading her shots as she aimed for the Inferno's propulsion engine. 

@Onaku


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of stone:

Analyzing new information.

New objective: Get waterwheel to turn.

Likely solution: deposit sphere in above pool to increase water flow.

Ally Atamai is currently testing likely intended method.

Adding all ally abilities to solution calculations.

Additional solutions may be possible.

3 more efficient solutions found.

Acquiring key information.

The machine was silent for a moment as Atamai began to fiddle with the cube and grid. Finally it spoke.

Administrator, are elemental powers permitted in this puzzle?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@Snelly@Tarn@Harvali@Onaku


I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9  Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (Taku, Metru-Koro)

Although he looked down at the floor, Skorm couldn't hide his smile. "Thanks Irna. Although... I don't know how the both of us were going to get aboard; I was going to shadow glide into one of their ships. Wouldn't be the first time."

He turned to Knichou, squaring his shoulders. "Having the two of us might make for a more convincing story. Captain, what do you think the best way to make this work would be?"

OOC: @BULiK @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Boss | Nightmare Pits

Boss smelled Barius finally succumbing to fear. He cracked a crooked grin, and wiped away a bit of the blood on his mouth from their grappling. It felt good to see Barius teeter about, without vision of the moment or the future. Barius wanted power, plain and simple. He fought in raids to grow powerful, he used an ACR to have strength, he punished those weaker than himself to feel in control, and he refused to accept his own weaknesses. It all formed the blinded, angered, afraid man slowly going deaf only a yard from falling to his death in the pit. In his single pursuit for power, Barius was losing touch with reality. Boss, for all his faults, wanted a better world. He saw power as the means, not the end. The two men were opposite sides of the same tarot card.

“I had eyes once, you know that?” Boss said, his voice echoing from the walls too much for Barius to place his position. Half deaf, there was no way Barius heard the soft drawing of Boss’s knife. “But I was just as blind as you. Couldn’t see the hand in front of my face.”

Boss swung his water-bladed knuckle duster, cutting through the air to tempt Barius. He took the bait. Barius lunged forward, throwing his weight into a desperate attempt to take Boss to the ground. Boss plunged his knife forward, using Barius’s own momentum against himself as they fell backwards. Boss wanted to fall. He wanted Barius to land on him and kill himself. 

 

OOC: @Burnmad


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Ultan, Metru-Koro North Gate

Standing beneath the remains of a shattered hangar lining the north gate, airships and explosions thrumming high overhead, Ultan came upon the vehicle that the Turaga had mentioned before his swift departure. Beneath a large sheet lay a sleek vehicle not unlike the hover-speeders common in Metru Nui. Its features were intertwined with unfamiliar and exotic parts that left its full functions a mystery. Ultan did not linger long to inspect it. 

Glancing at the map given to him by Turaga Sans, Ultan found his bearings. He mounted the speeder and activated its control panel. The vehicle immediately lifted off the ground, whirring quietly beneath him. Tucking the map back into his cloak, Ultan sped out from the hangar and toward the main gate. Sentinels posted above its entrance were too preoccupied calling out orders and taking aim at the invading airships overhead to notice his approach, and by the time he had sped past, it was too late to call for him to halt. Without looking back, he sped toward the snow-capped peak to the north. 

Visions of a destroyed settlement flashed before his eyes. Terrifying bombs falling from the sky. A terrible lord's cruel, biting laughter.

The sirens and screams from Metru-Koro faded into nothingness as he sped further and further away from its borders.

"This feels like a fool's errand if I've ever known one," Ultan thought to himself. "I hope this Turaga knows what he's doing."

Edited by The Captain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Stone

Once the suva locked into position with “I Rise” in the East along the silver line, both matoran felt a tug in the backs of their minds. They suddenly felt connected to something greater than themselves, somehow able to tap into a reservoir of information up until then lost. They felt rather than heard a series of phrases in their mind, followed by;

  1. Matoran Mahrika-Vokarda registered. Element water. Maker Tuakana.
  2. Matoran Ollem registered. Element earth. Maker expunged.

Their minds broadened, realizing as long as they remained within the deserts of Zakaz they could recall this space and stow or retrieve objects from it. Already hidden within the suva of stone were the following items:

THE STONE SUVA CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:

  1. Mask of Speed, origin Forgemaster Dume, power of increased speed.
  2. Boots of Impact, origin unknown, power to withstand great speeds and transfer momentum to objects.

Even as Ollem vanished and Mahrika cowered, they learned this information. The flickering image of the toa of water disappeared.

OOC: 

Congratulations, @Burnmad and @Harvali on solving the puzzle of the stone suva. :) Both Ollem and Mahrika are now attuned to the stone suva. While within the region of the Wastes they are able to use their connection to the suva.

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suva)

As Drukarus approached the two matoran, he took care to be as unthreatening as he could manage, keeping his hands to his sides, open palms to his side, and his gaze off of the two matoran directly. But even these attempts proved fruitless with these two matoran, unsurprising really, neither was when one of the matorans disappeared. Whether or not these matoran were from the head or not, he could guess that the disappearing act was either some piece of Metru-Nui technology or some odd trait that these native matoran had.

But Drukarus knew that his approach has put these two matoran on high alert, the opposite of what he intended. If these matoran were natives, then he had hoped to get information from them, and if they were from the head, perhaps they would still know something. Left with no other choice, Drukarus stopped his approach, just out of the estimated range of the ga-matoran with the kanoka, and spoke up.

"I am Drukarus, I do not intend to harm you, all I simply desire is to speak. Reveal yourself and lay down your kanoka, neither shall do you any good."

OOC: @Harvali @Burnmad

IC: Gore Fury (McGrokk's Shop)

Gore sat back down into his seat before taking off his shades, staring back towards McGrokk with a unusually gentle and...sad look for a skakdi, "I swear, I swear upon the grave of my mother that all I want to do is to show this world what real good food can taste like." Finishing his plea, Gore put back on his shades, waiting for Kunok's response.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

Barius hit the Skak's pillar-like legs head-on. Head tucked down, his shoulder barreled through Boss' bad leg, sweeping him off his feet and laying him on the ground. Barius joined him there, arms in front of him, already reaching for his--

A brief moment of painful pushing on his skin gave way to a squelch, followed by a surge of white-hot pain, as half a foot of metal slipped into his abdomen. Barius' face contorted into an expression of pained rage, as his blood poured from the wound.

But he wasn't dead yet. Driven by rage-filled determination, his hands still moved for their original target: Boss' thrice-cursed dome. "You've always thought you were something special," He growled, as his hands clasped his opponent's colossal head. His thumbs, guided by instinct and the clear memory of Boss' ugly face, found his empty eye sockets, slipping into them like the holes on a bowling ball. He drove his claws as deep into that tender scar tissue as he could.

He was yelling, now, spittle flying from his mouth as he laid atop the Skak, legs gripping him, making sure he couldn't be thrown off yet. Torsos pressed together, keeping him from pulling the knife out for another stab, even as it pushed the weapon an inch or two deeper into Barius' guts. "You may be big and tough, but you're weak." He pushed his head into the ground, emphasizing where the weakness lay. "In here."

Speaking was pain; but pain was their language, and Barius wanted to get his point across. "And I'm gonna dig through your skull and show you."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“Negative, Kilo-M9. Elemental powers are available but input is not recognized.” the administrator replied. 

Putting the cube onto the [1.1] position, Atamai could feel the tile ever so slightly yield to the pressure. There was a click of something locking in place onto the cube.

“Grid activated. Each side may only touch the grid once. The grid must remain active for the entire duration until drop. Interrupting grid contact or failure will cause a reset.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Snelly@Tarn@Harvali@Onaku@pokemonlover360
 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika swallowed it … it was true, if this Skakdi already knew what a Kanoka was, it was entirely useless. But maybe these relics stood help? Or would that just make the Skakdi know about them and steal them? It’s not like she could use them, or at least use the mask. Matoran couldn’t use masks. Could they? She … she vaguely remembered the name Dume, was … was he a great craftsman?

No she … she could not use a mask. But the boots maybe could help. Not that she could run far, but if she could use the Kanoka to make ice, and slid along it…

Her heartlight flashed frantically she … she knew she was helpless, she knew that. And if she tried to fight, Vokarda would die. She had to protect her. And maybe if the Kanoka was useless, she could s-still stall for time.

The Ga-Matoran lowered her disk, her heartlight a frantic drum. “W-what do you want?” She did not doubt he would still hurt her, but if he kept talking, that was time he wasn’t hurting her.

She backed up further behind the Suva, grabbing the Vahki staff by its edge, not to brandish it. Without hesitating she sheathed it. After all, it was powerless. She began to pick up more of her objects, trying to get her precious mementos safe

 OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

"Ah, Miss Yumi...!" C...could it be? Korio remembered back at the Rig, when he was so busy daydreaming that Zai took what should have been his moment. The Vo-Skakdi's red optics stared at his queen's hand, his heartlight racing, then he glanced around to ensure no one else would attempt to steal this from him again. His moment. Without a second thought, he took it and braced for the surge of elemental power they'd both feel.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360

IC: Triage - Van Time Continues

"It'll be dangerous, are you sure you wanna come with us?" the medic asked Navu.

@Toru Nui@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

IC: Rose - Coliseum

Rose continued to follow Stannis, grimacing at the state of the corridor they were in. It was a level of carnage she'd become accustomed to  during her time with the military, unfortunately. "Place looks like a ###### slaughterhouse," she said. It reminded her of how the Metru Nui forces had left that island during the Silver Sea conflict, the blood of League heretics marking the walls of the temple...

@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suva)

Good, he was getting somewhere, he doubt the matoran were going to start trusting him like that but maybe he can at least get something out of these two.

"If we are to speak, then may we do so face-to-face? If not, then at least tell me your names and what this structure is?"

Even though he had not seen anything but these matoran since he had left Metru-Nui, he still didn't trust the open expanse he was in, and having to essentially shout to speak to these matoran didn't help keep their presence hidden to any patrolling skakdi or lurking rahi.

OOC: @Harvali @Burnmad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Dar Poroka | Aboard the Wombat 

"Green!" Poroka says. Really confused why big gun not make big hit. "That hit! Why ship not go boom?"

"The Inferno is a military-grade airship, captain. Unlike our craft, which was retroactively refitted for combat, the Inferno is designed to withstand the rigors of war. It will take multiple direct hits to cause significant damage."

"Well, okay." Poroka not sure what all words mean. But sounds like big gun need more shooting. "Then fire more, please."

"Affirmative, captain," says Green. "Do you wish to override weapon cooldown subroutines?"

"What?"

Green make whirring noise, then stop. Beep two times. "Urgent. The Tranquility appears to have sustained damage and is losing altitude rapidly. Supersonic communications with the crew indicates this is a ruse."

"Ruse?"

"They are attempting to trick the Inferno into believing the ship is more damaged than it is."

"Hmm," Poroka not sure how feel about that. Tricks for rabbits. Poroka like swords and guns better. Not really smart for tricks.

"Weapon cooldown period expired, captain. Ready to fire."

Poroka sit back. "That more like it."

Blue still drive ship good. Far up over big ship, so it not shoot back. Ship make rumble noise. Big gun charge. Then shooting sound. Poroka try look out window and see blue light go down to big ship.

OOC: The Wombat is maintaining altitude and firing on the Inferno a second time. @Onaku @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 2:39 AM, Crimson Jester said:

IC: Korruhn, ???

Korruhn pondered the Hunter's question a moment, his eyes glazed over; transfixed on the symbols and the problem before them.

"Each charm has a different number of lines; there's only two different numbers of circles," Korruhn noted. "I say we try number of lines, first. What do you two think?"

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Paths... roads... those form lines," she nodded, "Makes the most sense." 

She approached the tubes again with lantern raised. The first had responded to the symbol of Peace, which only had one line, so she only let the Peace light on it long enough to finish filling it to the lowest mark. The second tube had reflected Destiny the brightest, and since the charm for Destiny had two lines, she allowed it to melt in its corresponding light long enough to fill up to the second mark.

"Here goes nothing," she stopped before the third tube, turning the lantern in her hands to display the Willpower face. She let the last tube bathe in its light for the longest, until the block had melted enough to fill it to the third mark.

@Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

If there was anyone who would be sympathetic to Nixie's plight, it was Taja. The former astronomer knew the value of charting the stars, and were she still a Matoran, she wouldn't have thought twice about risking her life to save her work. But now she was a Toa.

(or was she? was she really still a Toa? now? after everything? what was she really?)

She forced those thoughts down. There would be time for a crisis of identity later. Now, she had to act. And being a Toa, it was her job to save people, not charts and telescopes. But... Nixie was her friend. And her work was valuable if they wanted to understand the stars of this new land. That kind of knowledge might be their salvation.

"Okay," Taja said. She beckoned for Whisper to follow them. "We can't get everything. But we'll save what we can. Quickly."

She turned around and looked for the street she knew led to Nixie's hut. As she did, she realized Iradra had followed her. The other Toa was walking up them, her eyes wary.

"We're going to help Nixie move some of her things to the caves," Taja said, sailing past introduction and straight to an explanation. "Help any others we find on the way.

Nixie was already running ahead to her hut, leaving the two Toa and the Aspect to catch up.

"I don't know how much help I'll be in a fight, anyway." Taja shrugged, trying not to let her embarrassment and bitterness show in her voice. "You can come with us. But... you're probably more useful on the front lines. Where... where I should be."

OOC: @Onaku @Nato the Traveler @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Eyru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

The Ga-Matoran swallowed, not coming out yet. Instead she answered, “I … I am Mahrika. This is a shrine of my people, one of our few remaining relics left after the … the Skakdi wiped us out.

She swallowed she … he might not have gotten a good look at her, and this staff was useless except for shoveling sand. It would not help her. Did she dare…?

And then as Mahrika his, thinking, she almost could felt Vokarda press against her neck, encouraging her to turn her gaze to the Suva. If … if her beloved said so...

Mahrika focused, and attempted to switch her Stun Staff for the Boots of Impact.

OOC: @Sparticus @Burnmad I mean, Suva does mean shrine

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator she’s using it.


"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

Whisper silently followed Taja and Nixie, curious to discover what could possibly be more important to them than saving themselves from the impending attack. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Catching the rippling of tails out of the corner of her eye, Taja remembered why she had approached Whisper in the first place. If she was going to help her people, she needed to know more about herself. About what this alien creature had done to her. And learn how to use her transformation to her advantage, if she could.

"I need you to tell me what I am," she said to the Aspect. "No more half-truths. You said you gave me more power than I asked for. What did you mean?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"You bear the power of shadow," she replied simply, "But despite what your elder Toa said, it does not have to be a curse. It does not have to be something reprehensible or shameful. It is like any other element - whatever you make of it." 

@Eyru


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja fought to keep her expression neutral, even as she she reeled inwardly from this revelation. A Toa of Shadow? She'd only heard of such things in legends and old myths, and the nature of those beings changed depending on the tale and how it was told. Sometimes they were corrupted Toa who had been seduced by the promise of power. Sometimes they were living shadows—the physical manifestations of the darkness within every individual. And sometimes they were eldritch beings of darkness who only wore the shape of Toa out of convenience, but could easily assume any shape they chose. Nothing was certain about these beings, except for one thing: in every story, Toa of Shadow were always evil. They were either cursed, or they brought a curse upon those who encountered them. They were deplorable things.

She shook off the chills that ran down her spine. This wasn't a legend. This was reality, and she could choose to be who she wanted. Being a Toa wasn't about her element, right? It was about doing good things. Heroic things. She could choose to use this curse for good, couldn't she?

That remained to be seen, but she would try.

"What can I do with it?" she asked. "When I was a Toa of Sonics, I could hear everything around me, or force everything to be silent. I could hear vibrations in everything, and send out vibrations of my own. How do I use this element?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"Shadow is part of nature, and an abundant one at that. Wherever there is light, a shadow is cast,  and you can bend those shadows to your will, or create new ones of your own," she replied, gesturing to their own lengthening silhouettes, "Just as your old element could control what others heard, you can use shadow to influence what others can or cannot see... I believe that is prudent at a time like this." 

@Eyru


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Oreius | Coliseum Outskirts

The chute was becoming unstable. Oreius smiled even as he fought to keep his bearings. The magnetic forces holding the chute together were in flux, sending him spinning from one side to the other. His arm broke through the chute's surface, then was sucked back inside. The chute itself seemed to be undulating within its rings like an enormous snake, each ripple causing the entire structure to shiver. And as the electromagnetic field oscillated, struggling to contain its contents, it folded upon itself and created something that the Toa of Fire had only heard about in stories: a force sphere.

The sea raced by beneath him, its silver waves catching what little light still shone upon the city, and then it was suddenly replaced by the dark shapes of buildings. Oreius looked back to see a sphere of liquid protodermis turning upon itself behind him, growing bigger by the second as it sucked more liquid in. He had to be careful not to get pulled in himself. Eventually, he figured it would grow big enough to break through the walls of the chute, and then things would really get interesting.

That, or it would simply destroy the station when they got to the end of the line. There was only one chute active in the city, and the terminus station was at the Coliseum. Oreius doubted the force sphere could be contained enough by the chute's mechanisms to allow itself to change direction. When the chute made its U-turn to head back to Le-Metru, the sphere's momentum would likely force it through the walls of the chute, causing the entire structure to implode and collapse.

Oreius didn't want to be there when it happened. So he figured now was as good a time as any to make his exit. It was tricky to get his bearings, as the fluctuating pressure in the chute kept throwing him head over heels, but a moment of relative stability provided him with a window of opportunity. He conjured a burst of fire from his hand—underwater, it didn't produce much heat, but it worked well enough as propulsion to send him blasting through the wall of the chute. He felt the magnetic barrier resist him for a fraction of a second, and then it gave, allowing the Toa of Fire to pass through in a shower of droplets. He was ejected from the chute, but the force sphere continued on, still growing in pressure and size as it flew inevitably towards the terminus station.

The tepid temperature of the liquid protodermis was replaced by the sensation of cool air on his skin as Oreius suddenly found himself flying over the city. The Coliseum towered over him, a monument of stone and glass. He summoned another burst of fire to keep his horizontal momentum and slow his fall, and this extra blast was enough to send him crashing through a window. He hit the floor hands first, twisting to take the brunt of the impact on his shoulder and turn the impact into a roll, but there was too much momentum to effectively control. His attempt at a graceful somersault turned into a skidding roll that carried him through the room, knocking over chairs and desks and a few potted plants. He finally came to a stop in a pile of broken furniture, a little dizzier and more banged up than he had been a moment before, but alive.

He staggered to his feet. Thankfully, there was no one here, but he was sure some silent alarm had sounded. Outside the shattered window, the last of the daylight was filtering over the city. Silhouetted against the darkling sky were four airships, growing smaller as they moved out of the head towards the outside world. Oreius felt his heart sink. Even if he managed to carry out his mission here, it looked like the League was already moving against Metru-Koro. Killing Pridak would do nothing to stop the airships that were surely bristling with weaponry designed to turn stone and metal to molten slag.

He was too late.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja nodded. That made sense. "Anything else?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"As with many elements, shadow can be shaped into objects or concentrated into blasts..." she trailed off, unsure if she should continue. She feared her words would only lend credence to the criticisms the elder Toa had raised. But if she lied about the possibilities, "...I have also heard rumours of other, darker powers - using shadows to travel vast distances, to consume the flesh and power of other beings, to darken the spirits of the virtuous, and influence the minds of others - though such abilities are beyond what my kind are capable of, to my knowledge. But I cannot speak for exactly what you may be capable of." 

@Eyru 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro)

Sala ran as fast as his matoran legs could carry him through the streets of Metru-Koro, passing other citizens as he ran. Sala needed to get to Second Skin, before the League finally arrived and started their attack.

Eventually, Sala at last made it to the Southern Gate, with no one seemingly here, most likely taking cover or preparing to defend the Western wall. And standing near the gate was Second Skin, exactly where they left it. Approaching the ACR, Sala climbed up the leg of the machine, inserting the heartlight key within the chest of the ACR before climbing inside of it. "Okay, now time to get back to Sorilax."

And so striding through the streets of Metru-Koro inside of Second Skin, Sala made his way back to the garrison to meet back up with Sorilax.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9), Western Garrison

 

Sorilax studied the few remaining retreating Matoran and other species as they scurried about the streets. On one hand, he was enraptured by regaining full range of motion of his body, but on the other hand it could all come crashing down in an instant. What could an attack entail? Would this place be utterly destroyed? Should he never have brought Sala along? The poor Matoran had just been following him mindlessly.

No, that was just worry talking. He had taught much to Sala about this land, Sala had helped immensely in this village. The Matoran wanted to be his apprentice. Sorilax was there to lead, but fairly. To teach, but be open to learning. To keep Sala, Le-Metru Nuva, and all other morally Light beings safe from harm. Namely from the other Aspects, followed by Skakdi, then Rahi, and apparently this League as well.

Not being much of a fighter was no excuse in any situation. Sorilax had promised himself to try to do the best thing for others regardless of the danger posed to himself.

As the sounds of something thundered in the distance (the airships, perhaps?), Sorilax grew increasingly worried about Sala. He hadn’t been injured in any way by the retreating Matoran, had he? And what about that large fellow that had been lumbering around in the distance? Had that been the Turaga he had met earlier? They looked similar but how could he have grown so large?

Most importantly, should he and Sala leave as soon as possible? Both for their safety and the continued safety of Le-Metru Nuva. Le-Metru Nuva needed his insight to continue living in the Fau Swamp, that was certain. Or was the right thing to stay and help this village repel whatever form of attack was coming their way and risk Le-Metru Nuva falling to disease or Rahi?

Sorilax did not like these feelings. Instances of him being scared in his life had been few and far in between. The feeling was even worse now that it was about others, not just himself. He held even less control than he had ever thought. Should he offer this League Desecration Rites in exchange for continued peace?

NO! And I must never think that again. Sala will surely be back shortly. Everything will be fine. Ultimately none of this will matter. I will achieve my goals and make a better world for everyone.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of stone:

Administrator statement somewhat vague. Multiple interpretations available of statement “input is not recognized”.

Clarification is required.

Clarification requested for statementinput is not recognized’.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

  • Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9  Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja was silent for a moment as she digested this information. Almost unconsciously, she looked down at her hands. Their shape was still new to her, Dume's transformation having taken place only weeks ago. But now their colour was different too: they were black like the encroaching night, and traced with a deep, bloody red. Whisper's words swirled around her as she contemplated her new form. These hands were capable of terrible things, if the Aspect was to be believed. The appearance of blood on her hands could all too easily become reality. Consume flesh and darken spirits? The idea of such powers chilled her blood. 

Slowly, the Toa clenched her hands into fists. She wouldn't let that happen. She would learn to bend shadows to her will in the service of her people. And if she was capable of darker things, she would refuse them. She would not succumb to this curse.

"Thank you," she said. Her tone didn't convey much gratitude, but perhaps that would come later. This demon would have to work harder to earn her trust.

She looked down the road, where Nixie had already disappeared into her hut, then back at her two companions. Taja didn't know if Iradra would come with them or go back to the Taku, but they had to move now. There was no time for further discussion, not with the League upon them. 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“Input through use of elemental powers is invalid and will not be recognized.”

There was a short pause. 

“You’re gonna have to do this one manually.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360
 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"I have, recently, come to find myself in the role of healer. I will remain here and help, especially so should harm come to the people. And until such should come to pass, you have my aid, Taja." Iradra stated, walking alongside her. Listening to the two shadowed beings discuss the nature of Taja's affliction, confirming her suspicions that she had been made into a being of shadow, Iradra began to formulate some questions of her own. She turned, addressing Whisper, her uneasy expression concealed underneath her bronze facade. "You seem to possess quite a bit of knowledge on shadow, though I'm curious if you know anything of light as well?"

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Vezok's Friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

Rolling the cube, Atamai saw that the circular portion of the tile had come loose and attached to the cube instead as it flipped onto the next side. The bottom of the tile was curved and the edges were obviously shaped to allow more of them to attach to the other sides. Atamai recognized the shape of the lines as the same as on the sunken spheres visible at the bottom of the chasm. Touching the [1.2] tile, there was another locking click. 
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

She turned, addressing Whisper, her uneasy expression concealed underneath her bronze facade. "You seem to possess quite a bit of knowledge on shadow, though I'm curious if you know anything of light as well?"

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"I know little. It's not an abundant element here." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

"That is not an option. Their numbers are too great and their capabilities are unknown..." NU-8020S pauses as she cogitates. "Perhaps, if we were to offer them something they wanted, they would hand over Takadox peacefully." She turned to the brothers. "Thoughts?"

@xccj@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, New Archives Entrance, Yaushe)

"Yeah. I'm not sure it's safe down there anyway."

@Tarn@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe nd Mega - Yaushe

"That settles things,  then," Mega said. "Y' reckon you can get us over there, Yaushe?"

"I..." Yaushe seemed to steady herself. "Yeah. Yeah, I can. You guys might want to buckle in, though... I'll be getting us there fast. Triage, can you point me in the right direction?"

@Toru Nui@A-tak-nid@Tarn

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...