Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Okay, so not another version of Nuparu's machine," she sighed. The Administrator had said this place had been locked down for centuries, which meant the connection between this place and the Matoran Universe went back a very long way... or Mata Nui's entire severed head had somehow been transported to one of the alternate universes Tuyet had mentioned. 

Either way, it seemed there was no further progress to be made without the key. But the Great Disk of ice was gone. She'd seen it destroyed. Maybe there was another disk out there, or the old one could be reforged, or- "What is this boon you speak of?" She asked, realising there was no point in fussing over to how to get through the next lock if she didn't know what she was trying to get to in the first place. 

@Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Ice

"The boon bestowed to those who are the protectors of their people. The matoran called them toa, stronger and lifted up by the Krom. Two stand with you. I imagine such a boon could be claimed by any who provides the necessary key. It is my place to keep the boon safe until the world is ready." The Administrator stopped speaking. It seemed to have nothing further to say as to the nature of what lay hidden beyond. Then it spoke again;

"This is a terrible world. The Time Between Time needs heroes to help lift up their people, not become corrupted by the hopes of individual gain."


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Oh, of course," she rolled her eyes, her voice dripping with unveiled sarcasm, "Anything for the noble protectors of the Matoran." The universe she'd left behind had been fighting a civil war over the pro-Matoran prejudice of those in power. She'd thought this realm would be different, but here she was, stuck in the same story. 

It was a crushing, bitter disappointment that sent Sidra crashing back to her lowest. She'd come here on a search for understanding, and in a way that was exactly what she'd found. It just wasn't the sort she'd sought.

She'd be hoping to reinvent herself on this new land, but this was evidently still the Toa's world. She had no place in it.

Shoulders slumped, she sighed, glancing at Korruhn and Leklo, "You two have fun. I think I'm done here." 

With that, she started moving off towards the exit. 

@Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale wasn't going to try and understand how any of this worked, but her curiosity had been dealt with. "Well, you seem pretty well-acclimated to this. Can't say I've ever met anyone like you before, and I mean that positively."

She looked down in thought for a moment, before bringing her optics back up to the van, unsure where exactly to look since...well...

"You say you're a Toa, can you still access your element?"


 @ZippyWharrgarbl


galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, ???

From the next chamber over, Korruhn could hear the faint chattering of Sidra an the Administrator, violating his thoughts as he pondered all that the Administrator had provided him. His resolve seem strengthened in this moment of loneliness, and his hands found provenance on the lantern in the center of the room. He picked it up, turning it to and fro, examining it for clues. It was the only removable piece in the chamber, so he thought best to start there.

As his eyes pored over the piece for clues, his mind returned to his conversation with the Administrator. "Interesting. And those who came here seeking Kroms teachings for their own motives--what did they leave behind here?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator


Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Taku

vrrrMMMMMM

Yaushe's engine revved, and electricity lashed about her wheels- but it was controlled, and her power kept it from leaping at the others.

"Some things, I don't feel as strongly attuned to my powers," Yaushe rumbled against her engine. "Smaller things, I think. Haven't been in anything much bigger than my van, though."

@Toru Nui @A-tak-nid @Tarn

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruin

"Sidra," he sharply said, "—wait."

Leklo didn't really know what to do once he snagged the former Hunter's attention. Ko-Matoran were known to be critical thinkers, but not people people and Leklo—the former Alpinist—was an example of the rule, not an exception, and while he was an undisputed master of structural maintenance, equipment, and climbing, diplomacy and charisma were not skills he possessed. His impulsive nature egged him to stop Sidra from leaving because he knew he needed to do so, but it left the and then portion blank. He would figure it out as he got there, right? That's how he always figured things out. He scaled into unknown surfaces and fixed what he found. His knowledge was intuitive and technical, after all.

He moved a few paces closer to Sidra and his mind buzzed with things to say. Thankfully his brain ruled out you can't leave because you're a prisoner, although it was a close call and wasn't too far from the truth; Sidra was a ward of theirs and the known assassin of Turaga Dume, a fact that meant neither of the toa were willing to let her simply leave without them, and they were most definitely not done yet. They were puzzle solvers, after all.

"You can't leave," he managed to say. Talking to Korruhn was easier—they were like brothers and he knew where he stood with his friend. Sidra, meanwhile, was an adversary at worst and fair-weather companion at best, and her honest, caustic emotion felt corrosive and difficult to diffuse to someone who mostly didn't deal with others in general. 

"Because you're wrong. About this place."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

Barius shuddered at the twisting of the knife, even as he continued to apply pressure to Boss' skull. The wound in his abdomen was one that would likely be fatal for most beings; he wondered whether he was included in that group.

He felt his fingers digging into the man's eye sockets, and knew his opponent must have been in immense pain; in spite of all he said, he couldn't help but respect the older Skak's resilience. But respect didn't win fights; and so he wasn't about to show it.

"Strong enough... to bust your hip!" He roared through gritted teeth, face locked in a hateful grimace. It was too painful, and he had too little breath, to say all he wanted; and so he started speaking in sentence fragments, punctuating each by slamming the head he held into the ground.

"No magic tricks!" Bash.

"No helpers!" Bash!

"Still strong enough... to make you... bleed!" BASH!

It was impossible to say how this might end. He could feel his life leaking out through his abdomen; whether Boss lived or died, if the fight lasted much longer, Barius' own death would be certain. This had to end, and quickly.

The pressure threatening to crush Boss' skull abated for a moment, as Barius twisted his right thumb cruelly, ripping into flesh with the sole purpose of causing Boss more pain, digit extricating itself violently from the socket it was embedded in. While the claw of his left thumb continued to dig in deeper - and to hold Boss' head in place - he raised his right arm up, only to bring the elbow down with all his strength, in one final attempt to end the fight. If Boss' skull didn't break beneath the bone-crushing force, then he feared he would bleed out before he could kill him.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva

Ollem remained silent, breaths fast and uneven - but growing steadier - as he stared up at the Skakdi. It was clear the tall and imposing being was trying to calm their fears; but for what purpose?

OOC: @Harvali @Sparticus147

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Ruin

"Sidra," he sharply said, "—wait. You can't leave," he managed to say. Talking to Korruhn was easier—they were like brothers and he knew where he stood with his friend. Sidra, meanwhile, was an adversary at worst and fair-weather companion at best, and her honest, caustic emotion felt corrosive and difficult to diffuse to someone who mostly didn't deal with others in general. 

"Because you're wrong. About this place."

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice 

She stopped.

She hadn't been planning to stop, hadn't been expecting to, but she did, so suddenly she almost tripped over. 

"Are you sure?" She snapped, whirling to face Leklo, "Because it sounds like this place is meant for heroes... and that's not me." 

@EmperorWhenua

Edited by Nato the Traveler

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“There are no more riddles to be solved here. This is a lock - and it requires a key to open access to the boon within.” the Administrator confirmed, voice as matter-of-fact as ever. 

Brushing her hands over the writing, Vashni could feel a slight tingling as her fingers made contact with the letters. She couldn’t be sure if it was real or just her imagination playing tricks, but there was a definite feeling of power being contained.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali @Snelly

 

IC [Takadox]:

The warlord had retreated into a corner of the chamber, away from the magma pool, and especially away from the other aspects present here. Even if Providence had stayed true to his word so far and not tried to sacrifice him. But the rest of his kind in the chamber with them were unsettling, to say at least. He felt like a fish amidst a school of Takea. At the same time, he was relieved to see normal Skakdi again - which at the same time brought painful memories back, front and center.  On top of the past day’s events, it had all just become too much, and so, Takadox had begun dissociating, standing passively in the shadows, looking straight ahead. Nothing had played out the way it was supposed to.


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suve)

"Ah, good, this game of back and forth of ours seems to have finally turned to my side of things...What I want from you two is information, more specifically, what do you know of the skakdi of this world?" As Drukarus spoke, he began to lean towards the two matoran's direction with interest for the answer that was to come to his answer.

OOC: @Harvali @Burnmad

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

"Flying rahi? Do you know where I would have to go to find flying rahi, assuming you do not want me to bring you scavenging Kewas." As Uraborask spoke, he reared one of his long arms to point towards the south before continuing, "The place where I would find flying rahi would be the Fau Swamp, and I do not care to go there. Last time I went there, it was with a foolishly brave band of skakdi who hired me as a guide. They all died, one by one. The only reason I did not die was because of my skill and the fact that the one that hired me died from poisonous plant gas that I was resistant too."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika felt Vokarda crawl in his chest, squirming and thrashing. The Ga-!atoran could just about make out her own heartlight pounding too.

Finally she swallowed and admitted, “It-it has been millennia since I left my hiding place, and I only left because of the crash, I do not know exactly what had happened to the Skakdi. They had elements but could not access them without help, vision powers, and they were strong. Had frills instead of your spikes. I … I remember stories during their invasion, before I hid, that they treasured teeth above all else, ripped them from Rahi, tore up masks to remove the Kanohi’s fangs…

She shuddered, “They have wheeled vehicles too, used them to swarm and raid villages. I don’t they they can levitate though, only drive. But I … I saw an unnatural dust cloud earlier, to the East, I hid so I didn’t get a good look, but I think they still have those vehicles, powering them somehow.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

IC “Collector” The Ruins of Stone

Collector spoke up now, “Administrator, I have a question. What exactly lies behind this door? Is it a sort of power? And can more than one of our group share in it, if a key is forged?“ They shuffled and said, “I will be willing to help make this key, but I need to know. If … if it is worth it.” They seemed a lot more skittish now, avoiding eye contact, their hand clutching their Kanoka Blade not to brandish it, but almost to remind them that it is there.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Druu - The Inferno

As the Tranquility plunged from the sky on a direct descent, Druu was almost thrown off his feet as the entire ship lurched. The Razorfish's blasts had taken out a portion of the Inferno's propulsion engines, destabilising the ship's vector and sending it into an upward left turn. Druu grimaced, pulling himself to the console again as he fervently tried to get the ship's trajectory under control. The ship's manoeuvring thrusters roared to life on the ship's port side, balancing out its spin as its upturned bridge came face to face with the Wombat. Druu's eyes widened. "Harpoon Wombat! Now!"

Without delay, Amarth aimed the ship's harpoon gun at the Wombat, launching the harpoon forth, the long serrated javelin-like projectile thrusting forth like the strike of a lightning, pulling with it a strong metallic cord attached to a powerful winch located deep within the Inferno's bowels, the entire system of course built to withstand the forces of two airships pulling against each other. And as the harpoon shot forth, so did the Inferno continue to climb upward, its manoeuvring thrusters successful in momentarily balancing out its lateral vector, but less so the upward thrust.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suva)

"Mmmmm, so there isn't much you know really, disappointing, but...not surprising. Unless there is anything else you know that you are willing to share with me, I think our business is done." Arising from his seated position, Drukarus effortlessly with one hand, swung the large maul of his onto his back as he approached the two matoran. Slowing his steps as he passed the stone obelisks that surrounded the suva, Drukarus stopped once he came within two arms length of the matoran.

Pulling his travel bag over to his side, Drukarus began to rummage through the bag before pulling out a singular roughly half empty water canteen. Tossing it to one of the matoran, Drukarus then turned towards the East and began to walk away, but not without saying one last thing. "Thank you for your service Mahrika and unnamed matoran, may we meet again in favorable circumstances...and may we never if they are not."

OOC: @Burnmad @Harvali

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“The boon within is powerful indeed. It is my function to keep it safe until the world is ready. But I imagine it could be claimed by any one who provides the necessary key. But whether they are worthy or not - I do not make that determination. You do. This is a terrible world. The Time Between Time needs heroes to help lift up their people - not become corrupted by the hopes of individual gain.”


OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Harvali @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika stared after the Skakdi, trembling. Finally she collapsed to her feet, her heartlight flashing frantically she … she survived. Vokarda survived. And the Skakdi had given them water? It was … unthinkable. The only reason a Skakdi would keep you alive would be to play with you, give you hope and then dash it.

But this felt different.

As she laid there, sweating fiercely from stress, she realized while she didn’t understand, another might. She spoke up, “Ollem, why do you think he spared us? Are … he said he was a warlord, like the Skakdi who invaded by home but then he … he spared us? And gave us water? Wished us well? I … is this normal for the Skakdi of Metru-Nui?

OOC: @Burnmad

IC “Collector” The Ruins of Stone

Collector swallowed, “Administrator, I … I only want this power for the Matoran. Is … this power, is it a mask? Or is it … a power to wield? An element maybe?“ They were blushing now, trying not to look at the others. They … they especially couldn’t look at the Toa.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn


"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Northern Zakazian Wastes)

To the East Drukarus went, the sight of Irrnak's Tooth looming over him. An unnerving feeling ran through Drukarus's form at the sight of it, for even if he didn't know its name, Irrnak's spirit still lingered over and around it. As Drukarus made his way evermore Eastwards, his thoughts lingered onto those two matoran and the words that Mahrika spoke to him.

"...shrine of my people...few remaining relics...Skakdi wiped us out..."

Drukarus risked letting out a growl of discontentment from his lips at the thought of this world's skakdi. Back on the Zakaz he knew, Drukarus saw countless warlords find equally countless ways to measure their personal strength and prestige; from the amount of women and children they had, to the amount of soldiers and armaments, to the amount of land and wealth...but one of the most common measures of status was slaves...

Drukarus remembered many a time where his warskaks conquered the lands of his rivals, taking their wealth, people, and land...as well as liberating their slaves...actually, liberating was a misleading term, more like changing hands. Their purpose was to work, their god ironically enough, proved the truth of that concept. But the way Drukarus treated the matoran was indeed different to how other skakdi dealt with them.

Other skakdi saw matoran as nothing-less-than tools, treating them however they wanted to and throwing them out if they no longer become of use. But Drukarus treated them differently. He knew that to get the best use out of a tool you had to treat it right, and Drukarus knew to treat matoran like people...granted, they were a people lesser to him, only meant to work as their chosen purpose was by their god command, but treated like people they were.

Compared to the average skakdi warchief, Drukarus was a toa sent from above to save them. Some skakdi called his mercy a weakness, but they learned quickly that his mercy didn't extend to his fellow kin and that he was more than willing to demonstrate his strength when needs be. If there was one thing that Drukarus hated, it was waste, and these skakdi, on this Zakaz, were nothing if wasteful in Drukarus's eyes, and he was going to fix that.

OOC: Open For Interaction, Drukarus is making his way into the Ash Barrens presumably in the direction of Nektann and gang, so use that as you will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"So it's dependent on vessel, then," Nale said, after observing the haunted van using her powers, maybe now pretending she understood this. "Interesting." If Yaushe could possess vehicles, could she possess something as big as the Taku? Wonder how Knichou would feel about that...

Nale hadn't forgotten that the airship was currently heading towards battle, and kept checking over her shoulder nervously as they approached, although she couldn't see much from where she was standing. "I think I need to get back to the bridge."

@Toru Nui@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 10:55 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

(Reliable Narrator)

IC: Coliseum, Private Floor 49 Reception

Aurax proved the subtle dangers of the mask of charisma once more as the vortixx looked over the mask and nodded. The vortixx took another long look at the booking software on their iStone, absentmindedly tapping the rhythm of an outdated pop song with one hand while they searched. “Well, I was told Barraki Pridak is unavailable for meetings, but you both did say he asked to see you right away. I can try and get in contact with him, see if he’s still upstairs. Hold on.”

The vortixx quickly typed something, slammed the enter key, and waited. A frown followed moments later.

“He says he’s out.”

 

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 49th Floor Reception area

With - (Great Being) Aurax, NPC Vortixx

 

Saybo stepped aside as the Great Aurax stepped up to speak to the Vortixx. Making sure that the righteous anger on his face slowly dissipated instead of simply disappearing. Saybo had underestimated the Voritxx’s character. He should have gone suave instead of commanding, as the incredible Aurax proved when the Voritxx caved in and contacted the floor above them.

His Great Being shouldn’t have needed to step in (That was all Saybo’s fault), but now that he had, of course this Voritxx would obey his glorious commands.

The Vortixx quickly typed something, slammed the enter key, and waited. A frown followed moments later.

“He says he’s out.”

Saybo smiled at this, chuckling under his breath. Who had said that then if he really was out? He turned around and shifted on his hips, placing his weight upon only one at a time. He scratched at his face, inspected his fingers, then flicked away a piece of grime. In actuality, there was no grime, instead he had smoothly pulled one of the beads of water on his knuckles down to his thumb and flicked it in a well practiced movement at the yellow armored Steltian seated nearby. His target wasn’t moving, nor was Saybo, so the droplet landed where intended on the left shoulder plate. Far enough from the eyes to potentially be unnoticed, yet close enough to the face in case there was need for immediate termination.

Of course for that he would need to put his Kanohi on, in fact he would need his mask on to even move the droplet around. Not wearing his Miru left him only strong enough to keep his droplets formed and not much else.

Saybo made no move yet, casually inspecting the interior of the 49th floor. Calculating escape routes, potential places where reinforcements could enter, and studying the make and model of the two Vahki by the far door (among the other things he took note of).

If the Great Being Aurax deemed this Vortixx no longer worthy of life, then Saybo had to be prepared to stop any potential alarms, and the two Vahki would have to go first.

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

 

12 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

"Flying rahi? Do you know where I would have to go to find flying rahi, assuming you do not want me to bring you scavenging Kewas." As Uraborask spoke, he reared one of his long arms to point towards the south before continuing, "The place where I would find flying rahi would be the Fau Swamp, and I do not care to go there. Last time I went there, it was with a foolishly brave band of skakdi who hired me as a guide. They all died, one by one. The only reason I did not die was because of my skill and the fact that the one that hired me died from poisonous plant gas that I was resistant too."

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), Uraborask’s Abode

With - Uraborask

 

Cravious grew slightly annoyed. Wasn’t this supposed to be one of the best hunters among their kind? Did he want something? Hired hands, enhanced weaponry, an ACR, a Kraata? The whole reason he wanted to hire this fool was because Cravious knew the Fau Swamp was too deadly to be profitable. Even to go to Desecration Rock. So either this Skakdi was trying to drive a hard bargain, or Cravious had been lied to about Uraborask’s tenacity.

And that’s the same reason I’m hiring you and no one else. Because you survived and continue to…” Cravious looked to all the dead things on spikes in Uraborask’s front yard, “prosper.

Cravious pointed a finger at Uraborask, “I believe you can do this for me. And if not, then it can’t be done.” Cravious shrugged, “Although if you refuse, then I suppose it proves there are some apex predators that even strong Skakdi like you fear.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - The Taku

"Sure," she said, as amiably as machine noise would allow. "Have fun up there. You bipeds and your ladders."

@Tarn @Toru Nui @A-tak-nid

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

“Although if you refuse, then I suppose it proves there are some apex predators that even strong Skakdi like you fear.

This struck a nerve in Uraborask, and even Skrillix, the normally joyful hapaka, cowed from the pent up murderous intent that was elicited from that statement. Looming over Cravious, his full bulk at display, Uraborask growled out towards the skakdi, "I am Uraborask, the Hunter, I earned that name for I hunt the deadliest game of all, skakdi. Do not think that there is anything greater than I. I shall bring you back your rahi."

And with that, Uraborask stepped back from Cravious before turning towards his truck and pointing at it. "That truck is a recent trophy, but I do not know its full capabilities or its state of quality. I need it tuned up and fully fueled before I leave..." Uraborask stopped for a second, thinking what else he could get from this skakdi. "...And I desire a weapon on it and for it to be more adapted to the terrain of the swamp. Do this, and I shall leave for this...job."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Boss | Nightmare Pits

The metallic sand yellow kraata with reddish gold accents pulsed with activity, and the dirt and grime across Barius’s hand flaked away and scattered off the slippery ledge and into the volcanic air shrouding the Nightmare Pits. Barius’s armor flaked and cracked, already eroded from the last tussle on the ground. The longer they remained locked together, the more Barius’s defenses fell.

Barius repeatedly slammed Boss’s head back into the ground, concussing him, the stone beneath cracking and flaking. Boss’s audio input rang with static, unable to calibrate under the force of the blows, overwhelming whatever Barius screamed. The onlookers could feel the reverberations of the brutal attacks under their feet. Boss’s powers over molecular disruption made each impact erode the ground, and the two fighters began slowly sinking into the stone ledge, as if the earth itself wanted to swallow them alive. 

Barius pushed his thumb against Boss’s eye socket. The primarily black kraata with metallic sand yellow accents along Boss’s neck twisted and squirmed, the power of limited invulnerability becoming strained and challenged by Barius’s sheer force of will. A primarily dark green kraata with metallic lemon yellow accents squirmed alongside its brethren, increasing the density of Boss’s anatomy for greater resistance. A moment passed where the two men howled and shrieked as they wounded each other. The tension viciously burst as Barius pierced the metallic protodermis. Boss’s concentration broke from the pain, and Barius’s vision swam back into focus and out from the utter darkness in time to see not just blood but a dark gaseous substance begin to pour from the wound. 

Boss swung his knuckle duster against Barius’s hands, ferocity fueled by something more than desperation: fear. Fear dominated Boss. He fought back and snarled and screamed. He mastered his fear. He shackled her and forced her to obey. Or so he thought. Now she controlled him. She shackled him. He obeyed...

 

Boss blinked. His feet dangled off the driver’s seat of the war rig, unable to reach the pedals. The top of his head barely reached the top of the wheel. Cracked leather covered the seat, the cushion worn out underneath to where Boss could feel the metal frame. He felt disassociated as multiple points of view warped his reality. He could see the wheel, but he could also see himself looking at the wheel from outside the rig. It made him nauseated. His head hurt. The hot, motor oil smelling air of the garage didn’t help.

“Why are you hiding here?” Her voice echoed. Why couldn’t he see her? He could smell her, he could hear her… why couldn’t he see his momma?

“Nektann said I can’t go,” Boss replied, his voice young and higher pitched. It sounded tinny. The bass boost hadn’t kicked in yet.

“Your… Nektann doesn’t want you to leave yet because you’re not ready. He’s concerned about you is all.”

“He’s not concerned about me. He doesn’t even care. Nektann just thinks I’m weak.” Boss hit the horn with his fist. It smelled of summer sunshine and desert adventure. And he was trapped in the dark halls of the fortress. Again, his sense of self swam uncomfortably. 

“We don’t think you're weak,” she said. Boss knew she only presented a unified front when commanded. He grunted angrily, unable to argue because he knew where this was going. She continued, “you are so strong. You’re just--”

“Too damaged.”

“--too young.” 

An uncomfortable silence. Boss kicked his feet against the underside of the driver’s seat. His heels could just reach one of the springs, and the rough edge scratched him.

“You keep rushing forward, trying to do everything. You’re excited. But you’re not old enough to go out with the warskaks. You don’t understand--”

“--Maybe that’s because you won’t let me leave.”

Boss didn’t remember saying that. He remembered this conversation but he didn’t remember saying that.

“We let you leave,” his momma replied. An exasperated edge crept into her tone. “You go with the other skaklets every other time there’s a convoy to the Rig. You get to travel, but not alone. We’re still showing you the roads to follow, the safe paths through the dunes. It takes time and practice to navigate safely.”

“I don’t get to make my mark. I don’t get to be me. What about what my wish?” His hands gripped the wheel, so much smaller back then -- still blue and sharply clawed, just small and unused to butchering skakdi like rahi. Boss paused, unsure how to proceed. If the words he said weren’t his past...

“I’m not me, am I? It’s not just the toy I’m trapped inside.”

His momma interjected, voice sounding closer to his own deep tone and scratchy timbre; “Come on out of the rig. Let’s get you back to your garden. You like it there. You get to talk about your dreams there.”

“I hate our garden. Our garden makes me want to die. I prune flowers and want something better with our life… but all you do is hope and dream and crush the hopes and dreams of others. You never let me out. You never… let me live.” He slid out of the rig, feet touching the cool floor of the garage. 

His vision kept swimming, refusing to obey, refusing to let him clearly understand his place in the world. He saw the strange beasts in the corner no one else saw, starving and bloated. He saw the back of his head and his frills. He saw his own perspective looking out from his own eyes. He saw everything at once and nothing made sense. His head hurt. His head hurt so much. And his eyes itched. They itched so much. 

Something pushed against his eye. It pushed in and it pushed in with unbearable pain.

“Momma I…”

“Hush, you’re free.”

“I can’t be free. I’m not done. I need this. I need you.” His voice sounded alien now. Alien and so far away…

 

Barius found his bloodied hand wrenched back in Boss’s vice grip. The three dark eyes moving across Boss’s face seemed to swell and pulse and more and more of the gaseous substance leaked from the wound. 

“You. Don’t. Get. To. Touch. Me.” Boss’s lips moved in a crude puppetry as Miserix spoke, her voice a multitudinous echo. A wailing call of recognition from the pit witches down below echoed upwards in response alongside the drums. A wave of recognition reached Parnassus. And, quite possibly, a wave of genuine awe and terror at the possibility of what he could someday become.

The knife inside Barius twisted, jerking sharply upwards inside him, wrenching away tomorrow and any hopes of glory...

 

OOC: @Burnmad, make your last play. It's be an absolute pleasure writing this out with you. I've got some stuff to send you, so check your PMs.

  • Like 5

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Northern Desert, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

The Tranquility continued on its crash course to the ground… before regaining control and abruptly slowing down before it made contact with the desert sands.

“Ooh, that was close. For a moment, I was uncertain in my own genius. Now, while they’re distracted with the other ships, we must regain altitude to strike back.”

By Ostrox’s command, the ship began heading in the opposite direction of the aerial battle while climbing upward, intending to circle back once the Tranquility and the Inferno were at the same height.

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Eyru

 

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

“And now we have deadly lasers. Fine then, be like that. I’m going back upstairs.” Achro made his leave, not particularly caring for the remaining three warriors, who hastily tried to go after him.

@EmperorWhenua@Onaku

 

IC: NU-8020S’s Squad Members (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

The machines halted, glad to keep their distance from this entity. “We are the Vahki.” The one on the left said. “We have come to this place seeking to apprehend a known war criminal and fugitive to justice.” Which was technically true.

The one on the right held up the iStone with Takadox’s image on it. “Have you seen… this man? They knew he must have seen him, of course, but the creature’s reaction would help gauge whether or not it would be cooperative.

@Sparticus147

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Elevator)

“A giant crab happened. And despite my orders to get back inside the cargo hauler and just drive away from it because it wasn’t that fast, these two," Waveahk gestured to Rose and Skyra, "decided it would be a good idea to try and kill it, despite their attacks doing literally NOTHING against the creature’s shell. The one known as Keitara agreed, and then she used her vaguely-defined magic light show powers to scare off the creature. Which would have been fine, except then Tekmo with his powers of hippy said that she had poisoned the surrounding plantlife in doing so and that we were likely all poisoned as well, which wasn’t entirely unreasonable due to the sudden onset of nausea we all experienced. So we went to consult a medical professional, which we were unlikely to find in a swamp. Hence, we never even got close to the Islets."

@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

“So, uh…” Navu tried to make small talk with a van. “What fuel do you take?”

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Tarn@A-tak-nid

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

“Right… OK then. Ladies first, and all that.” Enra slowly stepped through the portal, uncertain of what would be on the other side.

@Unreliable Narrator@Vezok's Friend@Eyru@Keeper of Kraata@Burnmad@Snelly@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

 

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail, Apex’s Prison)

“That’s not what I… oh forget it. Gnabol slumped against the cave wall.

@Smudge8


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zsann, aboard the Taku, still inside the van

Despite the brief excitement from the van being grabbed by the claw and lifted aboard, Zsann had fallen asleep, missing out on pretty much everything that has been said. Presumably, the last few days had finally caught up with her.
At least she wasn't snoring.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @Tarn @Toru Nui

  • Like 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

 My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

"Vahki?...What else has this head brought to the island?" Apex thought to herself as she extended her neck towards the iStone picture. Squinting her dark socketed eyes towards the picture, Apex recognized the odd visage of the blue being that was within the chamber she just left.

"You are looking for this being, yes? Why do you do this, and how does it affect me?" 

Apex so far didn't care about these vahki or this blue clad being, and their questions did not give her any compulsions to answer them. They were honestly lucky to have even been garnered her attention, for beings lacking any real life or sentience.

OOC: @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

You...bipeds? Alright.

Nale climbed back up the ladder and returned to the bridge, taking position beside Knichou again. She was ready as she'd ever be.

@Toru Nui@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid@BULiK

IC: Rose - Coliseum (Elevator)

Waveahk's vitriol didn't seem to register with a distracted Rose, whose focus at the moment was on what ways she was going to dismember Pridak for maximum pain. Her blue optics lit up at the Steltian's mention of her and Skyra, and the crab they'd "fought" outside the swamps. "Look," she said, "me and big crabs have a thing. When I see a giant enemy crab, I gotta fight it, right?"

The large Ta-Toa shrugged slightly, as much as her mechsuit would allow. "It wasn't any single person's fault."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Everyone on the Taku quickly braced themselves against anything bolted down as the Taku ascended at near-maximum speed with the combined upward force of levitation disks and the thrust of the engines angled downwards. After several seconds of the initial burn, Knichou began slowly lowering the angle of the Taku, much to the delight of those on board. The boost had helped gain some initial altitude, but the rest of the altitude Knichou needed he could get while on the way to enemy airships.

"Knichou, don't you go mistreating that poor van, okay? Make sure whoever is down there treats them right."

Knichou was reminded of the situation in the cargo bay by Keitara's comment, but he was still too flustered to think of an adequate response. Keitara climbed out the top hatch, followed shortly by Kat, and began exerting her power. While Knichou couldn't see what she the effects of her light powers from inside the airship, he trusted that her cloaking was working well enough.

"I'll be back," Nale said while shortly placing a hand on Knichou's shoulder. The two pieces of adaptive armor contoured effortlessly to fit flush together as the nanites synchronized data in the background. Knichou nodded at her remark, keeping his eyes trained on the aerial brawl in the distance. By the time Nale returned, Knichou had handed off all controls to Berys, and was standing in the center of the bridge, eyes locked on the battle the Taku was approaching. When he heard and felt Nale's metallic form approach beside him, he turned to her.

"Everything good back there?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Corrivalis," the Aspect said, as softly as they could. "You may want to get ready to run."

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

He tensed, Parnassus' soft words unnerving him to an expected degree, heightened by the unnatural unease that still plagued him. "Why?" 

@Conway


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Taku Exterior:

As the airship continued to rise, and Kat continued to build power, she opened her eyes.

"Keitara?" She said, strain clear in her voice. "Can you ask down there if I can pull heat from inside? And also.....do you know where I should aim for on these things to take 'em down?"

@TL01 NUVA

Edited by The UltimoScorp

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (Much like John Cena, you cannot see her)

"Give me… a moment." Said Kei slowly. "This takes… a lot...of concentration."

Figuring that they were still far enough for raised voices she called hoarsely "Knichou! We need...a bit of information. Where to target on a ship… and if Kat can siphon some of the Taku's heat. Please, and thank you, and if you could call so she can hear it… I've got my hands full, unless y'all want a jittery cloak…"

Her focus straining like a frayed support cable, Kei returned her concentration to the task at hand. The faint imperfections that had begun to form in the cloak rippled, then smoothed back into virtual nonexistence.

(OOC: @ultimoscorp @BULiK)


Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dar Poroka | Aboard the Wombat

"Captain, the Razorfish appears to have damaged the Inferno's main thrusters. The ship is rising rapidly—"

Green stop talk because hear big thunk. Blue make funny beep noise, like surprised. Poroka look out window. See big ship look up at us like shark.

"What that?"

"The Inferno has fired a harpoon," Green say. "Our ships are tethered together. M-04A27 will attempt to locate the harpoon and sever the connection."

Poroka look at Blue. Feel a little angry. "Blue! Poroka say keep ship safe, right? Why not fly away?"

Blue make sad beep. "Apologies, captain. The speed of the inferno's ascent was unanticipa—"

Poroka wave hand. "Okay, okay. It's okay. Anyway, big ship easy target now. Fire all guns, please."

"Affirmative. Firing on the bridge."

Ship shake a bit. It keep moving over big ship so not see gun under big ship. Poroka big gun under ship charging, and gun on front too. Then fire. Poroka watch bright lights zoom down at big ship. 

Shoot Poroka ship? Big mistake, new person...

OOC: The Wombat is firing on the Inferno again, this time with both Ehlek's pulse generator and the Hagah plasma cannon mounted on the front of the ship. @Onaku @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

They followed Enra into the portal. The relentless cadence of their stride did not change as they passed through. They would not be denied.

OOC: Tuakana is also going through the portal. @Unreliable Narrator and the other Fire Ruins peeps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (The Taku)

Bracing herself against the backwall of the cockpit, Vulimai was too focused on the silent static of his communicator to notice the happenings around her till a shudder went through the ship as it became level once again. Pocketing the communicator, Vulimai stood up from her seated position and approached Knichou.

"So, what exactly is the plan here? Board three fully crewed League ships? Granted we will have the element of surprise and with the toa, we will be able to deal with a good number of any soldiers we find. But there is no guarantee we can deal with all of them depending on how many are aboard. On top of that, how are we even going to board them?"

OOC: @BULiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Before Nale could answer Knichou's question, Knichou was given questions of his own to answer. He jumped up to the open hatch, hanging on to the ladder built into the hatch itself as he poked his head outside the ship. He spoke a bit louder than normal to ensure that his voice would be audible above the winds. "Priority is taking out their weapons or main engines. If you want to crash the ship, you have to take out as many disks as you can. And yes, you can draw heat from the ship, just don't freeze it."

He dropped down to the floor, only to find himself beset with more questions, this time from the guard captain.

"Well, it might be best to board just two of them to maximize our chances of success. And as far as the boarding process... well..."

Knichou gave a slight shrug.

"We fly low and jump. Nale and I can use our powers to lighten the fall for those that can't use their powers to help themselves."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah Got Him In My Sights

For a moment, Zaliyah was genuinely disappointed that the battle was going to end so soon. She’d been eager to drag this out, to make the racist-sympathising turncoat suffer for his unprompted treachery. She couldn't fathom what had driven a skakdi, of all beings, to sacrifice himself for a species that had done nothing but dismiss and demonise his kind. A part of her had wanted to ask him why. A part of her didn't care.

But in steadying his ship to take a shot at the Wombat, Druu had served up his own demise on a silver platter, and Zaliyah didn’t need her inner beast or strategic acumen to know how to pounce on an opportunity like that. 

The Wombat was to the left of the Razorfish, and both had been positioned above and behind the Inferno before it had spun around. In turning, angling up, and rising in order to take its shot at the Wombat, the Inferno had given the Razorfish a clear – albeit somewhat diagonal – line of fire on its bridge. And since the Inferno’s harpoon and artillery were on the same mounting, the weapons couldn’t be brought to bear against the Razorfish while they were being pulled upwards by the tether to the Wombat, leaving Zaliyah free to rain karzahni upon the traitor with total impunity. 

Zaliyah barked an order to her vahki, ordering them to move the ship in closer as she joined Poroka in peppering the Inferno’s vulnerable viewport with a barrage of artillery and plasma fire. The pulse weapon would do less damage at the closer range, but she valued precision more than splash damage in that moment. 

And she didn’t stop at that. 

As her ship drew to a halt about ten bio from the Inferno’s prow, Zaliyah charged and loosed a rhotuka down through the hole in the side of the Razorfish’s crane bay, which – precisely guided by her mental command, poised to adjust course if the Inferno moved – sliced through the sky, veering directly towards the Inferno’s artillery cannon. 

When it struck its target – midway along the cannon’s railgun-like barrel – it would detonate, hopefully breaking or bending the barrel, rendering the weapon self-destructively inoperable. 

@Toru Nui @Eyru @Onaku
 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"There's a talking van in your cargo bay. Other than that, it's aces."


@BULiK

  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She leaned against the airship's controls, taking care not to touch anything important, optics firmly ahead on the League ships. "Unless we're all having a very mean trick played on us, Triage hasn't gone mad. The van is inhabited by the spirit of a Toa, we had a lovely conversation."

Nearby, Triage sighed loudly.


@BULiK


galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...