Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro Outskirts

The "New Archives" was a generous name for what amounted to little more than a pair of caves outside the village. Taja, Whisper, Iradra, and Nixie arrived after most of the others, and were happy to put their burdens down once inside.

The caves had probably been excavated by some large (and hopefully extinct) Rahi in ages past. The entrances were large and shallow, but as the villagers moved deeper into the darkness,  the tunnels began to descend sharply into the bowels of the earth. Some enterprising Onu-Matoran had already begun to dig their own tunnels that branched off from the main ones, and it was here they stored the few treasures with which they had escaped Metru-Nui. The ground and walls were made of solid rock, and a light dusting of sand settled on the tunnel floor. Nothing lived here except for the odd spider that scurried away from their lights. Lightstones were installed in sconces at various intervals, providing enough light by which to see, but little more than that. Onu-Matoran preferred dim light anyway.

Taja was grateful for this small blessing. The subdued lighting was perfect for her new eyes, which had grown sensitive since her transformation. She was not troubled by the darkness. Where others stumbled over uneven ground, she walked with an easy, unperturbed stride.

The two main caves were almost twice as tall as a Toa, and were connected by a few smaller tunnels dug between by the new archivists. It was in these lesser tunnels that most of the villagers settled, clutching what few belongings they could carry and speaking in soft voices. No one wanted to venture too deep into the main tunnels: not only did their slope quickly change them from horizontal caves into vertical holes, but there was an unspoken sentiment that hovered at the edges of thought and conversation: go too deep, and the creator of these tunnels—or some other, greater horror—might awaken. The depths were better left unexplored, especially when their home was already under attack.

Taja set down Nixie's things on an unclaimed section of earth. She stretched, her muscles grateful to set down their burden at last, and looked around at the nearby villagers. It looked like they were the last ones here. With the exception of the fledgling Guard and the crew of the Taku, Metru-Koro's people had assembled in this last refuge. She shook her head. Two homes abandoned in as many weeks. Would they ever find peace again?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Onaku @Vezok's Friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (The Taku)
"Indeed toa, we need to focus. We have eight hopefully capable soldiers aboard this vessel alongside whoever came up within the van. We need to organize who will go with who and onto which ship, trying to account for weaknesses and faults among the troops, as well as ensuring that they can successfully land upon the League ships in the first place."

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou crossed his arms and tried hard to ignore the urge to ask more about the newest ghost on his ship.

"In order to get close enough for a boarding, Keitara and Ulkarr need to stay at least until we're above the second ship so they can hide our approach. Skorm and Irna should go on the first ship, along with one or two others. All other volunteers can join me on the second ship. Any objections?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (The Taku)

"Well, as long as you can promise that my feet can hit something solid after we jump, I don't see a problem...Actually, one more thing, got anything aboard this vessel that might be useful for me?"

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

"I can guarantee your feet will eventually hit something solid," Knichou responded with a chuckle. "What are you thinking of? We don't exactly have a lot of weaponry here - there will be some spare kanoka below if you have a launcher."


Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (The Taku)

"Unfortunately, any and all launchers that Metru-Koro has are currently in use by the matoran guard at the moment, and I doubt you are willing to take a little pit stop. Don't worry, we'll be in relatively close quarters and I have had practice before throwing disks, so one or two of them should be enough. A ga-kanoka would be most useful, as well as a po-kanoka if they have any vahki on board." Vulimai said as she began to stretch her servo-supported muscles and ligaments for the upcoming fight.

OOC: @BULiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - The Taku, Cargo Bay

Yaushe's player was floundering for an appropriate answer. So, Yaushe replied, "Nothing special. Fuel's more a backup tank, anyway. Mainly run on electricity... but you can imagine how hard it is to find a compatible outlet around. And using elemental power can get exhausting, honestly. How about you?"

The last part was asked with, as near as one could tell,  a hint of humour.

@Toru Nui

  • Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"She is the Matron," Parnassus said -- although perhaps it would be better to say that they intoned it. Was there a quaver to their voice that Corrivalis could detect? Was there a glazing in their deep-socketed eyes, a rolling of their head back like a figure losing consciousness? "Our Lady of Pain. The Dame of Judgement. The Shadow Across the Sun. Good God, Corrivalis, good God! Miserix has come for us. Miserix has...."

Parnassus stumbled, toppling down to one knee. They hadn't meant to -- or maybe they had?

It was impossible to tell.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr and Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

Ulkarr wasn’t familiar with some of the words being used - ‘Vahki’ and ‘Kanoka’ and 'van' being among them, but he nodded along anyway like he understood what was going on. "I will swallow their vessels in darkness at your behest, captain."

Tekmo, of course, was familiar. The idea of the Vahki - machines built for law and order - being twisted into a tool of evil repulsed him, even though everyone else seemed to harbour an irrational dislike of them... wait.

"What was that about a van?"

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Tarn@Keeper of Kraata@Conway

 

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

"Some of the organics inside the temple are leaving through some sort of spacial disruption. Takadox is not one of them, but we must move in now in case he does." NU-8020S buzzed in the Vahki language to the two Vahki in charge of piloting the Transport, and the vehicle began to crawl on its mechanized legs closer to the entrance of the temple.

Meanwhile, the two Vahki questioning Apex received a signal to converge on the temple. Since this beast seemed to not understand that it was they who were questioning it, not the other way around, nothing was gained from sticking around. "We have been commanded to apprehend him. That is all. Enjoy your day." They then converted to their faster quadrupedal mode and began scuttling to the temple.

@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Sparticus147

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Elevator)

"Ah yes, when I think of the brave and noble Toa, I think of 'irrational hatred of crustaceans' and 'refusal to accept blame'."

@Tarn@Snelly@EmperorWhenua

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

"Fruit and water, mostly… do you ever miss more, uh, biological things? Like food?"

@ZippyWharrgarbl


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Taku Exterior:

Kat listened. She heard. She grit her teeth. And she began to focus. Once more she pulled heat away from the surroundings, and the air inside the ship began to cool quite dramatically, the moisture in the air condensing on surfaces. The metal structure of the Taku groaned slightly as it released heat energy and contracted. The crew would find their breath becoming visible as vapor and the temperature dropped further, but never did frost form. Kat made sure of that.

And at last, she let the power she held manifest itself. A white hot, roiling ball of sun-like fury formed between her hands, and as she fed the ball power, it began to grow. slowly. Kat exerted control over the compressed orb of fire, keeping it under tight control, but it grew all the same. It had to. and soon.... it would have to be released. The orb was now the size of a Kohlii ball, and it wavered and shifted as Kat fought to keep the tiny sun between her hands in check.

"O-kay. It....it's ready!"

 

@TL01 NUVA@BULiK

 


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - The Taku, Cargo Bay

Yaushe emitted a lengthy sigh, in the form of a drawn-out groaning strut.

"Yeah," she said. "A lot. You ever had a 'burger'? Don't remember what they are, exactly, but I remember they were great."

Her reverie was interrupted by a chill, and for a single horrified second, she thought it was the cold she felt briefly when jumping between vessels, like somehow she was drifting out. But she quickly realised it wasn't that kind of cold, it was physical, it was real. She fired up her heater for Zsann.

@Toru Nui

  • Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 1:27 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice 

She stopped.

She hadn't been planning to stop, hadn't been expecting to, but she did, so suddenly she almost tripped over. 

"Are you sure?" She snapped, whirling to face Leklo, "Because it sounds like this place is meant for heroes... and that's not me." 

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"I know," he said, passing judgement too quickly. He meant it, of course—he could not let go of the resentment he held over Sidra murdering Forgemaster/Turaga Dume after witnessing the act firsthand and at once ascribing guilt. Sidra was the killer of his governor, Dark Hunter affiliated or not, and forgiving that sin against his people was counter to everything. And yet, in the span of time he spent with Sidra, he came to see the weak points in her character. 

In the week since the Catastrophe, he saw and assumed the worst of things. It was only natural, after all. Leklo had to assume the worst in this terrible new land, and just as he saw the beauty in some things it was hard not to ignore the torment of other experiences. He had time to grieve over the loss of his Universe, his God, and his City, and such sorrows naturally burgeoned into anguish and, in turn, to anger. In his heart's mind he glorified the things he heard dead back as a Matoran of Metru Nui, missing them dearly, and in exchange he vilified the things that stole him of what he loved. Pridak, the rest of the League, and the Dark Hunters were all subject of Leklo's internal biases, and Sidra was among them. The assassin of Turaga Dume, in his heart's mind, was nothing less than a hardened killer and enemy of the people.

Reconciling that perspective to what his eyes actually perceived upon meeting Sidra again was difficult, but it was clear that they were not one and the same. Sidra may have been a killer, but she was not the flawless shadow techno-murderer he thought her to be. She was not a heartless minion of evil brokers. Sidra was, in many ways, just like Leklo and Korruhn and Sans and Stannis and all others who were shunted from the world they knew and jettisoned like refuse upon the wasteland island called Zakaz. She was an outsider, a refugee, and scared witless just like everyone else. She was trying to find out where she fit in the grand scheme of life... just like Leklo and Korruhn were. He did not think to consider Sidra innocent by a longshot, but she was not what he thought she would be like at all.

Leklo breathed hardly, sighing animatedly both in and out, exasperated as he tried to carve the words from his frigid mind. "But do you even know what you are?" he asked finally. He shrugged, because ehe didn't not know what he thought his own answer would be if it were posed in return. 

 

IC Stannis | Coliseum

"So you encountered another kaiju," Stannis ponderously said. "Great worms to the north, crabs to the south, and-who-knows what in between..." Some remnants of the Time Before Time still remained. 

"Those beasts are ancient. I thought they would have gone from this world by now, but they clearly still remain. They are not to be taken lightly, as you have learned. And hatred, Rose, is not reason enough to disregard sense. I hope we will combat coordinately in the fight that we are headed towards."

 

IC | Hiripaki

"Bye, Felicia! :afro:"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

Leklo breathed hardly, sighing animatedly both in and out, exasperated as he tried to carve the words from his frigid mind. "But do you even know what you are?" he asked finally. 

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

She stood there for a moment, weighing up her answer. Her first instinct was to bite back with some witty retort, but a question that weighty deserved a real response. 

There were a lot of ways to answer the question, and a lot of perspectives to answer it from. Sidra couldn't honestly say she was a Dark Hunter anymore - the organisation had no leadership on this world, their communications network had seemingly fallen silent, and she wasn't even sure how many other Hunters were left alive by this point, on this world or in the one she'd left behind.

Without an organisation to represent, a cause to fight for, what was she? 

"To your lot, I'm a criminal. To the League, I'm an enemy. To the locals, I'm pretty sure I'm just prey," she finally said, "Am I missing anyone?" 

@EmperorWhenua


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"I know that; I know that I want to hate you, and I still fear you, but I don't know you," he said slowly, thinking his words through as carefully as he would his handholds as he ascended a steep bluff. Each one had to stick and hold his thoughts firmly. 

"But I didn't ask what you are to others. To this Administrator, my best friend is tainted and corrupted, but I don't think that's right. I asked because I want to know what you are—to you."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"To what end?" She demanded, folding her arms, "Is getting to know me going to change your mind about arresting me when we're done playing nice? The old man died right in front of you - because of me - and there's nothing I can say that will make you forget or forgive that." 

@EmperorWhenua


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Not yet aware of what Kat was doing, Nale took her hands away from the controls and exhaled, noticing the drop in temperature that was now being displayed by the crew's visible breath. "Huh... who turned up the AC?"


@BULiK@Sparticus147

IC: Rose - Coliseum (Elevator/"OK, boomer...")

"It's not 'irrational hatred,' fishboy," Rose replied, holding back the urge to roll her optics at Stannis' chiding. "I don't think I even know what irrational means! The giant crab hadn't done anything to me--yet--so I had no reason to hate it, not like I hate those League sons of brakas." For the briefest second, the image of slag in the shape of Carapar about to go nuclear flashed in her mind. "It was an opponent, and an opponent that was bigger than me. I respected that it had more mass, and that made me wanna kick its--"

The elevator made some kind of noise (damage from the impact causing issues, most likely) that drowned out the expletive.


@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua

  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

She didn't have anything to say to that. No biting snark, no insulting retort, no clever quip to deflect the troubling question back at Leklo. 

This wasn't how conversations normally went for her. 

"You're right," she said, the defiance draining out of her as she spoke the words, "I don't know what I am. I don't know what I'm doing. And I don't know if Mata Nui's head falling from the sky and killing thousands is somehow my fault or not." She bit her lip, already regretting blurting out the last part, "Are you happy now?" 

@EmperorWhenua


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

"Well, Captain, I may not know what metrus my disks are from, but any disks I have will be in the storage room below us, take whatever you need," Knichou responded. He hoped Vulimai would know how to use a disk in such close quarters. At Ulkarr's comment, Knichou simply gave the shadowy being a nod. The Toa of Iron ignored Tekmo's question, however - Knichou didn't know if he could properly explain the van situation yet, and even if he could, there were more important matters at hand.

As Knichou thought of the upcoming battle, he felt a chilling cold come across him. At first he thought it was the nervousness, but Nale's comment and his armor subtly shifting to have more insulation confirmed the phenomenon was physical and not mind games.

"Strange. It's not normally this cold at this altitude..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"No," he said truly. "Not any more than you. I don't know what I am, either. Everything I knew and loved is no longer part of my life, so..." Leklo shrugged again, more intently than before as his cluelessness are even more real. "And is it your fault? I have no idea.

"But nothing I have done since Dume touched me and made me a toa has made me think of myself as a hero, Sidra. I'm a refugee from my world and I am scared, like you are. When this Administrator says the 'boon'—whatever it is—is for heroes, I'm stretching it to think that applies to me, but it also said it's for anyone who provides the key, and we don't have to be a hero to provide a key. So you're wrong about this place, because if you don't even know what you are... you can't be sure if you're not supposed to be here."

Leklo's eyes blinked. "Because I sure can't, and we're more alike than we both care to admit."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - Coliseum -

Skyra nodded her head as Rose spoke. "Right, we were just fighting the giant crab because that's what you're supposed to do!" Like duh! What did Waveahk think they were supposed to do? Run away like a coward? "Besides we definitely would have killed it, the whole radiation thing kind of messed that up." 

OOC:  @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

 

  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

Self-doubt wasn't something she'd expected to see in a Toa. It made sense, given the current circumstances, and the fact that Leklo had only been a Toa for a short while, but his honesty still caught her off-guard. Despite their candour, his words did little to change her mind. 

"None of that is giving me a reason not to leave," she replied, "Maybe you're right, maybe this place isn't what I think, but there's three of us, and only one key, which suggests there's only one boon. And if the key is what I think it is, then I know it's already been destroyed. So there's no reason for me to stick around." 


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"I hear Tuyet thought otherwise," he ventured to say, then realized he didn't know much about what he said. "We don't know much about this new... or old... world, but if there's one thing I'm realizing it's that nothing is what it seems. Stay with us. Perhaps together we can learn more about ourselves and this world we are in whether we like or not."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Oh, and what am I going to learn once we go back to the village and you throw me in whatever equates for a prison these days?" She retorted, "I agreed to come along because I thought we'd find some answers. What we've found instead is a dead end. I know what comes next for me."


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"It's true that a lot of people would liker to have Dume's killer in shackles, it's true," Leklo said. "Nobody's really sure who did the deed, though, save the handful of people who were in the room at the time. In this would we can be what we want to be—if I can become a 'hero' in my own eyes, what will you be?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

It couldn't be that easy.

There was no way they would just let her get away with Dume's murder, no matter what she did. If she helped these Toa solve this puzzle, they'd just take the 'boon' for themselves, and leave her with nothing. She'd have better luck gambling on finding the key on her own, and taking whatever was hidden in the temple for herself. She had the advantage of knowing what had become of the original Ko-Metru Disk, which seemed like the obvious place to start. 

On the other hand, Leklo's words seemed earnest, and his actions - or lack thereof - spoke even louder. If he was set on capturing her, he would have tried to restrain her by now, rather than just trying to talk her down. Maybe it was worth sticking with the two Toa for a while longer? 

"Okay, fine," she let out an exasperated sigh, "I'll stay. What do we do next?" 


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr and Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

Tekmo began involuntarily shivering from the unexpected cold. Ko-Metru was never his favourite part of Metru Nui. He had lived in a place not dissimilar in climate to this desert they were in before the League took it from him.

Ulkarr didn't seem to notice, and in fact became more confused by everyone around him vibrating strangely.

@BULiK@Tarn@Sparticus147@Keeper of Kraata@Conway

 

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

Achro either ignored Hiripaki, or just didn't hear him, having left and all.

@EmperorWhenua@Onaku

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Elevator)

"Indeed, your continuous fire would have eventually broken through its shell in about three-to-four years, judging from the way all our attacks harmlessly bounced off its shell. Perhaps you're unclear on what 'orders' are as well? Interesting how things like 'Duty' fly out of the window whenever you feel like it, isn't it?"

@Snelly@Tarn@EmperorWhenua

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

Navu began shivering as the temperature in the airship decreased. "I... don't suppose I could come back inside where there's heating?"

@ZippyWharrgarbl


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe and Mega - Cold Cargo

"'Course," Yaushe said.

Mega gestured over her shoulder at the driver's side door. "Might wanna get in my side. Poor Zsann's fallen asleep in shotgun."

@Toru Nui

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Druu - The Inferno

And lo, the harpoon did meet its mark, tethering the Wombat and Inferno into an intimate dance in the sky. As the Ta-Skak's eyes did this see, his hands moved with deftness, putting the ship's engines, all its levitation nodes, and its compensating thrusters into overdrive. A brief moment later, with a grimace of intense resolve, Druu turned and made for the bridge door, mere moments, as it turned out, before the opposing ships began firing their weapons. Having grabbed Amarth and practically torn the bridge door open, stuffing his vortixx ally through the opening, he himself was about to go through... 

Only before he could make that step himself, the shockwave of the weapons fire destroying the bridge blasted him on through the opening, before the door itself slammed shut behind him. Druu only barely managed to grab on to the spokes of the walkway's guardrail as he fell through the now vertical ship, its steep angle turning the catwalks and ladders into a strange approximation of each other. Amarth was, of course, well versed in climbing, deftly moving along the near-vertical surface to grab two levichutes out of their designated storage compartment. 

The ship groaned and shook, its hull twisting and rippling as parts of its structural integrity failed to hold up to the intensity of the situation. But even then, the ship continued to hold together, redundancies in its design having been paramount to its unbroken record of survival. It had faced greater odds than these and pulled through. Druu knew that well. 

And so, as the ship rocketed into the sky at speeds unmatched by any mere levitation engine, the skakdi and vortixx made their way down, or in this case rather sideways, into the shuddering ship's lower levels. Blood dripped from a shard of debris lodged into Druu's side, a wound he had not yet noticed.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (The Taku)

"Alright then toa, let me know when the time to drop comes. I'll go find another member of your crew to help me out." And with that, Vulimai left the bridge of the Taku and made her way into the cargo hold, looking for a member of the Taku's crew to assist her in her search.

Surveying the semi-crowded cargo hold, Vulimai spied a familiar figure that helped her aboard. "Oh, Suhaku, I didn't recognize you when I came aboard with the rush and everything!" "Oh, Guard Captain Vulimai. I thought that was you as well." "You know, the guards were wondering where you went when they noticed you weren't at your usual spot in Sanso's, some were even taking bets. But I doubt any of them thought that not only did you start being a productive member of society but that you also joined an airship crew." "Heh, well here I am captain, what can I do you for?" "Kanoka disks, I'm going to be joining the boarding actions that your captain is planning and I need some more options." "Ok then, let me see what we got."

Suhaku made her way to a nearby crate with Vulimai following behind. Looking into the crate, the pair found a handful of disks, with Vulimai taking out a level five ta-disk of weakening and a level two ga-disk of reconstitute at random.

OOC: @BULiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Elevator

Rose took a single step forward, which put her almost uncomfortably close to Waveahk considering the elevator's size, her impressive frame compared to him and the others on full display. He was striking a nerve--one he'd possibly regret going near, as any humor she'd had about the battle with the "kaiju" now faded. "Last I checked you weren't my CO," she replied, her optics cast down on the Steltian like he was nothing more than a stone rat crossing her path. "You know, you talk big game about the Three Virtues. Not like you ever cared about them, right?" she asked, now leaning towards him, an accusatory finger pointed at Waveahk's heartlight.

"You think those three words mean anything to us, the ones who were on the frontlines? The ones who had to do what the so-called Toa back home couldn't? Getting our hands dirty, walking away from the battlefield covered in the blood of our enemies and our allies. All to protect our homes, our way of life. Running away, no matter how insurmountable the enemy was, was not what we did. The Code, the Virtues--we didn't have the luxury. We made our own unity, we had our own duty.

"What kind of sick destiny is being blown to pieces on a beach far from anyone you care about?"

The Ta-Toa stepped back, feeling she'd gotten her point across. "Now, we're about to attempt an assassination on the monster who took everything away from us--all of us. The last thing we need is to argue about things that don't matter. You can cry the entire elevator ride about the things I've done--what matters is what we're about to do. And Stannis," her optics switched to the Toa of Stone, "you can rebuke me all you want for what I'm saying. I know you've been at this longer than I have, but the paths we've walked couldn't be more different. I know what's waiting for me at the end, when I stop fighting and give up the ghost. There's no good place for people like me. But I'll go there knowing what I did was in service of people who needed me."

With that, she ended her impassioned speech.

"Now, let's kill this son of a brakas and get the karz out of here. I promise what happened in that swamp won't happen again, not with this guy."


@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua

  • Like 5

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax narrowed his eyes at the secretary. “He’s out, is he? Then who, pray tell, is the one who responded to your message? Tell him that if he agrees to see Saybo and... Ohrash... in order for us to deliver the item he requested, he won’t have to be bothered by us again.”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone

Atamai remained silent while others talked around him. The ideas proposed by the others were interesting, but the Toa was pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to use his mask to simply create a new Great Disk. But he did have an idea of how it could be done. 

He stood up. “I have an idea,” he announced. “It’ll probably take a while, but I think it’ll get us to open this room’s lock.”

He looked around at the assembled beings. “I’m not sure how much I want to tell you, but let’s just say that after I’m done, we should have ourselves a Great Disk. Now, I think there’s nothing else here for us, so we should probably head back to Metru-Koro.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @Harvali @Onaku @Tarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jutori - Stone Ruins

"Right..."

Jutori seemed disappointed. They'd come all this way just to go back home. "I call shotgun," he said. "Are we stopping at the camp again for some shut-eye, or is this going to be an overnight trip?"


@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku


galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Ash Barrens)

As Drukarus continued his way deep in thought, his awareness dulled as he did not even noticed the passing of the harsh sun up above his head and the transition from searing sand to volcanic stone that happened beneath his feet. Only when he became subsumed in the noxious fumes and malevolent heat of the Ash Barrens that Drukarus took stock of his surroundings.

One of the first sights that Drukarus took in was ever looming, ever present form of Irnakk's Tooth, the sight of which filled the age-worn and battle-hardened warchief a true sense of dread, seemingly worse then when he first viewed it, almost as if something has changed within the very core of it. Tearing his gaze away from the malevolent monolith, Drukarus looked past it, and cresting a stony steppe, saw beyond it the sight trees...long dead and ash colored trees, trees whose only worth would be the meager kindling that one could barely claim from them.\

But another sight caught his eyes, scaling the volcanoe's cliff ways, about several bios away and up from Drukarus was another figure, one that he could only recognize as vaguely skakdi from the distortion cause by the heat of this land and the shadow of evening. 

"Another skakdi, or what resembles one. Could this be one of the number that matoran, Mahrika, mentioned? What guarantee do I have that they simply won't attack upon sight?...Skakdi, I am Drukarus, who are you and may you cease your scaling for us to converse?" Drukarus shouted up to the skakdi, hoping that they would reciprocate his offer and that his voice didn't attract...anything else.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler Greetings Marrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 10:18 PM, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

“Although if you refuse, then I suppose it proves there are some apex predators that even strong Skakdi like you fear.

This struck a nerve in Uraborask, and even Skrillix, the normally joyful hapaka, cowed from the pent up murderous intent that was elicited from that statement. Looming over Cravious, his full bulk at display, Uraborask growled out towards the skakdi, "I am Uraborask, the Hunter, I earned that name for I hunt the deadliest game of all, skakdi. Do not think that there is anything greater than I. I shall bring you back your rahi."

And with that, Uraborask stepped back from Cravious before turning towards his truck and pointing at it. "That truck is a recent trophy, but I do not know its full capabilities or its state of quality. I need it tuned up and fully fueled before I leave..." Uraborask stopped for a second, thinking what else he could get from this skakdi. "...And I desire a weapon on it and for it to be more adapted to the terrain of the swamp. Do this, and I shall leave for this...job."

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), Uraborask’s Abode

With - Uraborask

 

Cravious noted that he had hit a nerve. Good. Knowing a potential exploit was essential in handling all other beings. He just had to make sure the radiating malice and probably murderous intent wasn’t solely directed at himself.

Uraborask agreed to the task, potentially just out of spite. But for Cravious all that mattered was getting his way. Uraborask’s demands were perhaps the best possible outcome, since Cravious didn’t have to pay for these things, he could simply work on them quickly himself.

He just needed to do a quick overall systems test, make sure it was full of juice, strap on a Cordak Blaster or Zamor Launcher, and give it some mudding tires. Easy. It should take him a half a day at most if he worked on it without interruption. But this was Zakaz, and one could always be interrupted at a moment’s notice.

Done,” Cravious tossed the riled up hunter the money bag. It was more than the half Cravious had said, but now this Skakdi’s pride was on the line and Uraborask would not disappoint him. Not now.

It’ll take me a day to do all you ask.” Cravious pivoted and pointed to a giant silvery protosteel cube sitting embarrassingly close to Uraborask’s home. Cravious inwardly cringed at how long it had taken him to find this place. “That giant cube is my personal garage and workshop. Go ahead and pull your vehicle on over whenever you’re ready.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147


-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OOC: mobile
 
IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth
 
After so many decades spent operating underground, Marrow felt more vulnerable than he liked to admit when traversing the surface. He was used to being able to hear and feel things easily - the echo of sound in the confined tunnels, the vibrations of movement underground - so the surface felt vast and disorienting to him.
 
Even so, he wasn't totally oblivious to the heavy footfalls of the being somewhere below him. He chose to continue walking, assuming it to be some roving rahi that hopefully wouldn't react unless approached or provoked. 
 
It was only when the footfalls drew close enough for Marrow's tertiary sense to kick in that he tensed, realising the being was no rahi, but a Ba-elemental of significant stature. He could pick up another sound now as they moved - the clatter of metal plates clacking together - the newcomer was armoured. 
 
Marrow's hand inched towards the small mace hanging from his belt, ready to- and then the being spoke. The deep voice and inflection sounded like that of a Skakdi, but there was something... foreign and unfamiliar about the way they spoke. That, coupled with the fact they'd chosen to engage in conversation - employing a rather cultured vocabulary - instead of attacking him on the spot suggested there was indeed something unusual about this "Drukarus". 
 
Despite his reservations, Marrow's curiosity was piqued, and he slowly turned his eyeless face towards the larger skakdi, before working his way down the slope towards him. "I am Marrow." 
 

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Coliseum

"There is nothing for me to rebuke," Stannis quietly replied after Rose's fire dwindled. "Our paths have been different but I know yours as well as the trails of Maru Nui, and I do not have to partake in war to understand what it takes out of people. Perhaps... should we survive this ordeal, I will tell you about the mantle of sins you wear and how Mata Nui truly cared about its textile of death."

He chewed his lip a moment, reconsidering the agenda. Fate was full of twists and turns, and he could yet do good even though he was not so sure of his chances to outmaneuver his reaping this time, as while he did not cling to his own life, he knew what a toll his death would tax. "But should I not survive, you should still know that Mata Nui did not care. To him, Death... was an offering." The word tasted bittersweet balsamic on his tongue and saccharine to the ears, evoking the sweet stench of spoiled flesh and blood-soaked battlefields. Those were holy grounds, he could have meant to say, blessed to hold curses for a god of life and death alike.

The elevator slowed, chimed once, and then the double doors noisily parted. Stannis held a finger to his lips and gestured for them to follow close into the dark and mostly unlit sections inside the walls of the Coliseum. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - Coliseum -

If Skyra had anything else to say, she missed her chance, as the elevator had finally stopped and Stannis had called for silence. It was critical they weren't discovered, at least not until it was time to finally strike down Pridak. Despite whatever the Titan with them thought of her, she knew how to follow instructions, when it suited her at any rate...

OOC:  @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

Uraborask instinctively caught the bag of widgets and simply glowered at the sleazy skakdi in front of him before turning towards his shack and walking inside with Skrillix just behind him. The second Uraborask closed the door to his home, his deductive vision went to work, surveying all that he saw to ensure that nothing, nothing, was taken or tampered with. Satisfied that the skakdi outside had not trespassed upon his property, Uraborask went and tossed the leftovers into his fridge and the bag of widgets into his secret alcove within his room.

Patting Skrillix, who was on the couch, and leaving the hapaka with a bowl of water, Uraborask left the shack and made his way towards the truck to drive it into the cube.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

As Drukarus looked upon the creature as it climbed down from the volcanic cliffs, he really questioned whether or not this thing was a skakdi at all. The pale and fragile form, the moss-covered form and frills, the bizarre lack of eyes, and the teeth. Although Drukarus's face did not show it, he found the sight unsettling, and even though some of the teeth were of rahi origins, Drukarus could tell many of them were of other skakdi, such a sacrilegious and dishonorable end for the skakdi this being, Marrow, must've killed.

"Mmmmm, Marrow, very...self-explanatory...Marrow, tell me, what is this place and why is it that it seems to loom with a malevolent force, one that I have so seldom felt before in my life."

Drukarus was unsure of this Marrow's purpose and goals, and unlike with the two matoran, he did not have the certainty that this skakdi would not attempt to assault him.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...