Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Is anyone here good with machines?" He asked absently, wandering over to inspect the equipment. More puzzles... why is nothing ever simple?

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 6/15/2020 at 4:31 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - The Wastes]:

... she suddenly was yanked awake.

Her eyes were piercing, electric blue staring right back at the face she had just seen in her dreams. 

“And what do you think you’re doing?”

The words were as much spoken as feeding back through the forced mental link, echoing in the Skakdi's mind. The warlord had already picked up on her little trick. And then, Yumi realized, as Zataka sat up to face the Skakdi, swinging her long legs off the slab of rock: Her pants were the coolest pair she’d ever laid eyes on.

IC Yumiwak | Wastes

There was no expression of fear on my face, I'd made certain of that. I'd been steeling myself for something like this all my life, each time taking larger, bigger quarry as my own, each time staring danger in the eyes and grinning as I stabbed them in the heart just the same as the ones before. My parents and their parents preached at my bedside about the old virtues of Power, Purity, and Skill, and, yes, their wisdom and ideals inspired me to go forth and wrestle the universe to lay claim to forgotten glories, it's not what brought me to the current position, looking this warrior dead in the eyes as she matched my psionic thrum with a reverb of her own.

Nope, nah, it wasn't just that I hoped to prove myself to my forbearers and match their legacy. Y'see, they weren't around anymore, and their past opinions were as meaningless as cries in a sandstorm as they were entirely washed out by the scouring dangers of the present. When they were around, their judgement weighed on me and spurred me to succeed and their tales of the past made me eager to prove myself to them as a worthy heir of our legacies. I would toil and fight for every inch of strength I accumulated... and to make them even more satisfied I told them I did it for them, for their approval, but when I grew up I realized I had been telling them lies all along. I was not a child anymore, and their ghosts did not haunt me like their faces did in life. 

Nūpe, I clawed my way to prominence and killed my way to the top because of me. I was worthy of my birthright because I was powerful, pure, and skillful on my own. I didn't need their yarns to incentivize me—their yarns were my training wheels that over time just hampered me from truly growing to my own level. I quarreled with Rigger captains for fun, I slaughtered challengers because it tested my will, I raced sand tarakava because I thought that was neat, I carved the eyes out of muaka with a spoon because it would hurt more, and I quested to claim power and prestige because I was worth all of it myself. Every challenge was greater than the last, every one had the potential to take my breath away or kill me—and I looked forward to it every time. 

So when this warrior spoke to me and challenged my presence with the nonchalance of a jaded queen passing judgement on a peasant, I did not quiver or shake. This was what I groomed myself for, after all, so why would I balk? No, I smiled at the warrior casually and kept Zai's hand in a vice grip, commanding our bond to remain so I could deliver the message back to the wakeful warrior just as she addressed me. "Oh, well, I guess this us what the annals refer to as 'making first contact.' Hi."

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

As the Tranquility regained altitude, Ostrox saw the Inferno undergo a similar rapid ascent, whilst living up to its name. The Wombat - he couldn't believe that was an actual name for an actual warship - was still harpooned to it, and was trying to match it in speed to avoid being dragged along.

"Well, while they're busy with that, we can get back to our scheduled program."

"Sir, I am afraid we are out of range of the Matoran village."

"...How does that make sense? It gets more powerful the further away it - oh, never mind. Just get us closer."

"Understood." The Tranquility began moving closer to Metru-Koro.

@Unreliable Narrator@Onaku@Eyru@Nato the Traveler

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

The Vahki and their fleshling helpers convened just outside the temple's entrance. "The target must be taken alive. For anyone who tries to stop us however, lethal force is authorized."

@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room, Ventilation Shaft)

Waveahk didn't know how to respond to Stannis's sudden bout of regret. Perhaps if he survived today then... then he should go find Vhisola and apologize for what he did to her, for whatever it was worth. For now though, he would wait in this shaft until the time was right.

@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Well I assume we just gotta realign the pipes to the thing in the middle, so..." Enra tried to move one of the pipes that was dangling in the air.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green (Currently a Matoran) - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Fau Swamp Marshes (9, 12), in the past

To the Swamp!

A soft breeze roused her with a little help from the light of the sun. It played upon her closed optics as it filtered through the reeds gently moving in the wind. Viltia shifted, the most content she’d been since she could remember. Had she gotten a full night’s sleep? How? That hadn’t happened for a long, long time.

As she slowly came to, she opened her eyes to find herself next to the same type of flat brown mushrooms she had eaten earlier. She smiled, appreciating the beauty of the underside frills they possessed before picking and absorbing a few with her hands. A grasshopper landed on her hand and she jolted before laughing at herself. She let her new friend climb onto a nearby reed after she took time to marvel at his small moving parts.

The noonday sun shone into her eyes and she suddenly remembered where she was and what had happened the day before. The hazy drifting she had been experiencing was shredded by the shocking realization, torn asunder like a rowboat before a Tarakava.

Viltia sprung upright, gasping. However another thought immediately entered her mind as she realized how good her body felt. A good meal and sufficient sleep had done much to help her body, even with her organics tired as they were from the day prior.

The Matoran slowly got to her feet, listening for any concerning noises. The marshes were alive with sound and movement, but it was all frogs and flies and turtles. Yes, they didn’t quite look normal when inspected closely, but they also weren’t Skakdi seeking to kill or capture her.

Concern wormed its way into her mind regardless. Her pursuers were still out there, hunting her. They had to be. They were used to years of being served. They wouldn’t just let that go.

Noticing a small husk of what was once a tree, Viltia slowly and cautiously made her way over to it. Its bark had peeled off long ago and it was now bleached by the sun. The limbs were so small and brittle Viltia knew no one but a Matoran could climb it. As she climbed, she paused to inspect the tree, trying to ascertain what kind it was. It was too far gone, however, any indicators long lost to the marshes now beneath her.

The dead tree didn’t give her much more height, but she took what she could get. She slowly panned the horizon, searching for any signs of color. It turns out there was much color variation to the marshes, but it was much like the nodules she had seen on the shallows cat. Just mutations of varying sizes and concerns. What’s making everything grow to be so warped in this place? she wondered.

Still, all seemed clear. It was a safe bet that she could continue on her way without being immediately captured. As she descended the tree, one of the lower branches gave way under her and she and it fell to the ground. She landed with an, “Oof!” as the wind was knocked out of her. She lay there for a while as she regained normal breathing once more. In standing, she took note of the broken branch and picked it up, inspecting it.

It appeared to be sturdy enough except on the one end. Deciding it might help her fight off future deep mud, Viltia decided to bring it along.

And so she continued her journey to the southwest, the hot sun beginning to descend from its pinnacle. Taking a much more cautious approach, Viltia’s travel time was slower, but the dangers she faced were also far less if you paid enough attention. Often she would notice an odd sound and to be safe she would backtrack and find a different route forward. Better to be safe than sorry.

The marshes themselves became her enemy as the day dragged on. Mud stuck to her, slowing her down and threatening to tire her out faster. Water was everywhere, often blocking her path in a maze like pattern. Viltia had taken note throughout the day of all the trash she had seen in the ponds along the way, amazed at how so many items had arrived here. But it also signaled to her that the water wasn’t safe to drink, and so she grew more thirsty as the day trod forward.

The branch turned walking stick proved to be very useful. One instance required it to help her escape a patch of muck that had been hidden by surrounding grasses and the other time she had to whack a very angry looking small crab into a nearby pond after it had the audacity to grab a hold of her walking stick. Viltia pondered at that one. Small wasn’t quite right as a descriptor. It had been half her size! Incredible. And the five arms thing was very disconcerting.

As the sun began to touch the giant robot head in the distance, Viltia felt what few organics she had were sore from the march across the marsh. She pushed those feelings aside. She had to keep moving or death might take her. Reaching the edge of what she had originally thought was jungle, she realized it was actually a swamp with massive trees. Well, she hadn’t quite reached it yet.

She crouched, hidden by the mud on her body and the Matoran sized grasses around her. Before her was a small clearing devoid of water or any major vegetation. Why it was bare, she wasn’t sure, but the marshes had taught her not to trust anything except the safety of hiding among the plants. Her hand brushed the grasses around her, enjoying their texture and the way they caught along the ridges in her hand. If she entered this swamp, would she ever be able to exit to touch grass again?

A cough filled the air and filled Viltia with sudden dread. Where had that come from? She started to panic, her breathing growing shallow. Something moved against one of the massive roots of one of the border trees. It was Serene! She was so covered in mud that Viltia hadn’t noticed her still form under the root until she had moved.

Viltia rose to run to her, but froze mid way. Serene wasn’t getting up, in fact Serene’s head lolled to the side, still Kanohi-less, but her body didn’t fall. Tan wrapped around her midsection and arms, peeking through the mud. The Toa of Water was tied up! Looking closer, the Matoran Serene had been carrying was lying in a heap nearby, almost unrecognizable and clearly dead. What had happened?

Returning to a full crouch, Viltia’s fear was mixed with concern and swirled together inside her mind. She had to help Serene, even if it meant giving up her own mask for the Toa. But how had she been tied up? Viltia’s eyes drifted where they hadn’t before, up into the branches of the trees. The leaves danced about in the idle wind, obscuring any view inside. Were there Skakdi hiding up there? It seemed highly probable to the small Matoran of the Green.

She should just leave. But no, she couldn’t leave Serene. Viltia torn herself apart mentally, her mind wanting to run and yet to help simultaneously. What should she do? She would never allow herself to be willfully captured again. She couldn’t go back to being a slave to Skakdi.

Panic started to rise in her again and it took several minutes of deep breathing to calm herself once more. One fact rose in her mind; she must protect those dear to her.

And so she observed her surroundings again. The dirt and mud patterns in the clearing could be caused by a group of beings walking through or milling about. Viltia studied the trunk of the large trees. There were a couple fresh grooves gouged out of the bark. Maybe just a Rahi, but maybe more. She shifted in her hiding place, trying to stay limber in case she had to run.

Searching out the canopy once more, her eyes desperately searched. Serene coughed again. It sounded deep and painful. Viltia’s heart yearned for her safety. But the Matoran couldn’t act yet, she had to be sure no one else was near.

Suddenly several branches danced about and something could be heard falling through them, hitting thick branch after branch. A red Skakdi fell to the ground, groaning in pain. The tree tops came alive with hearty and harsh laughter of several Skakdi at the plight of their friend.

Viltia had yelped at the sight of the red Skakdi, but thankfully no one had seemed to have heard her. She quivered in fear, but seeing the red Skakdi begin to rise and seeing the mud cover his body, Viltia got an idea. An idea that filled her with fear, but also determination.

As the Skakdi continued to laugh at their fallen comrade as he tried to climb back up the tree, Viltia slowly backed away from the clearing, walking branch at the ready. She would be back shortly.

Backtracking into the swamp, Viltia’s mind raced, trying to place that red Skakdi. Yet no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t remember him. She reached a pond and threw herself into the mud, purposely smearing herself in it. If she couldn’t remember him, then that meant that those who had attacked her captors had probably been other Skakdi. And that made way too much sense. Skakdi were mean, cruel, and murderous. And that was when they were feeling good.

She used her stick to help pry her from the muck, moving over to a group of reeds. She plucked several of them, sticking them to the mud that now covered her from head to foot. But it didn’t matter which group of Skakdi was keeping Serene out as bait. Viltia was determined to set Serene free and get her a mask to help the rest of the Matoran escape. It didn’t matter in this moment who got in her way.

As she pictured Serene sitting there beaten and dying, for a moment she felt an anger for Skakdi the likes of which she had never had before, even all the years she had been a slave. Although perhaps the feeling was enhanced by those years. That feeling of rage against not just her captors but all Skakdi scared her for a moment, but then the fear started leaking in again. So she grabbed ahold of the anger, the hate. She could give it up later. But for now, it would help her free Serene.

A noise of water pouring off of something was behind her. Perfect.

Viltia spun, catching the approaching crab with her tall branch staff. All five of its arms clamped down upon it, refusing to release. The old wood groaned, but the thickness of the broken branch withstood for now.

Turning back to the clearing, Viltia carried herself and the crab more to the left of where she had originally spotted Serene. She slowed as she approached the clearing, taking more care to remain silent. She had to whack the crab on the ground to get him to quiet down. He hung on to the crude walking stick branch.

She moved aside the last few blades of grass. The red Skakdi was in one of the lower branches. Something hit his head and he fell once more to the ground. Again the treetops burst forth with laughter and mockery. Skakdi were disgusting. Viltia’s hatred grew.

Drawing in rapid breaths to hype herself up, she spun and swung with her branch. The crab refused to let go, but the branch itself had no such qualms. The crab, still holding a part of her stick, flew through the air. Viltia regained her balance and dashed for the roots on the opposite side of Serene’s tree, hoping not to be seen.

The Ta-Skakdi cried out in surprise, a little bit of frustration, and then in pain as the crab used its five claws to grab something else entirely. The laughter in the trees came back with a vengeance. Viltia reached the dark recesses of the safety of the roots, shocked beyond belief that she still lived. It took her a minute to calm down enough to start moving again. The Skakdi of Fire was now in the marshes, swearing at the crab that apparently had yet to let him go.

Viltia got on her belly and crawled her way slowly through the large roots that stooped over her with ancient bark. There were large insects everywhere, but she didn’t really mind them in the moment. Her focus was on getting to Serene unseen and unheard. The laughter had stopped, but no one had cried out in alarm yet, so that was good.

There was Serene. Viltia crawled the last few feet to the Toa of Water. She tugged on Serene’s arm. Serene’s head rolled in her direction, optics unfocused, then sharpening as she realized who it was. Viltia put a finger to her mouth. Be quiet, please.

Serene started to nod, then let her head drop once more, exhausted. Now close up, Viltia could see the Toa’s natural body armor had been pierced several times, the wounds seeming to indicate the weapon used against her was designed to do more damage as it was pulled from the body. It was… bad. But still, Viltia had to somehow get the Toa away from here. Serene had protected her village since Viltia could remember. Viltia would never leave her behind.

The Matoran tried in desperation to loosen the knot of the ropes, but to no avail. The knot was too tight for her as a Matoran to undue and Serene was in no condition to help. After a good ten minutes of silent frustration and the return of the red Skakdi, who climbed back up into the canopy, Viltia finally gave up in despair.

Slowly crawling back into Serene’s line of sight, Viltia shook her head, almost bursting out in emotion at the action. Serene gave her a sad smile. Viltia pointed at her mask, then at Serene’s maskless face. Serene frowned and almost imperceptibly shook her head. Viltia knew what she meant. Serene was too injured to do anything even with a powerless Kanohi.

Viltia felt like her chest was slowly being crushed from the inside and she started to zone out again. Serene snapped her back to reality by reaching out her hand, tied to the root as it was. Come hither, it seemed to say. Viltia complied. Anything for her protector.

But this was also the riskiest move yet. She slowly, inch by inch, moved beside her Toa more in the open. Hoping against hope that her camouflage, the darkness of approaching night, and the leaves moving in the wind would blind the Skakdi from above from seeing her. She still clutched her broken branch/walking stick.

Viltia grabbed the waiting hand, a small sob escaping her mouth that was lost to the ambient noise of the swamp. The once strong hand was now weak in her grasp. Serene smiled sadly and wistfully looked into Viltia’s optics. Serene’s mouth, caked with blood still slick due to the humidity of the swamp, slowly opened and Serene spoke lightly, “As you once protected…” She coughed, “your plants back home, I now entrust to you the continued-” She wheezed and it turned into a cough that spit up chunks of nothing good. “The continued protection of our village, Viltia. Be better than I ever was.

Gasping in shock, Viltia almost moved away as Serene’s hand glowed and she felt the weirdest feeling in her own hand. Energy, pure energy, was coursing into her. Then her own hand started to glow. Skakdi up above shouted, but Viltia took no notice.

Soon her entire body was glowing. She felt all weariness and hurt melt away in the light. She felt power begin to course through her, spreading to every fiber of her being. It seemed as if a veil fell away and for the first time she truly felt the world around her. Every plant, every tree, grass, and mushroom called out to her and offered friendship and help. She could feel the swamp breathing in its own way. Alive in its own way. As a whole it called out to her. It… then she felt the corruption that had a hold on all around her. The rot. The mutation.

The feelings vanished as she stopped glowing. No, not quite vanished. The plants were still there, now quietly whispering to her mind.

The feeling of power subsided, yet she could now feel it reside within her being, invisibly hovering there and waiting to be called upon. It seemed concentrated mainly within her chest. 

She couldn’t see much in the dark, but she felt… taller.

Serene groaned far below her. Viltia looked down, confused. Serene was free of her bonds… and a Matoran again? She crouched down, head rushing as she moved a body that was much faster and much taller than she was accustomed too. Viltia started to panic again. Serene was no Matoran, she was a Turaga. And that meant… I’m a Toa!

She went to grab her face with both hands, noticing the branch in her left hand was no longer a branch caked with mud, but a pristine axe… crossbow thing? Serene desperately reached out with her hand, pointing, “Get the Kanohi, it’s mine.

Viltia looked at the heaping mess that used to be a Matoran. Looking back, she felt dumb for not realizing that he had had Serene’s mask, but the past was the past. Laser vision cut out a swath of roots close to Serene and Viltia and it lit up the rapidly darkening air. Viltia screamed, cowering. Serene’s hand went limp as she fell unconscious and Viltia stopped, mind suddenly snapping into focus once more.

She sprung forward onto her belly, her longer arms easily grabbing hold of the Kanohi. Viltia rolled onto her back as the noises above her started to frighteningly intensify. She sat up, thrusting the mask onto Serene’s waiting face. Serene gasped as she awoke. The Kanohi Zatth started to glow and it morphed into its noble version. Then Serene spoke her last words, “Viltia, run.

The swamp came alive while also becoming dead silent. All insects, birds, and Rahi fell quiet and left as fast as they could. The trees shook from some unknown force and a great many branches could be heard snapping effortlessly and being cast aside just as easily.

A massive head two Toa wide broke violently from the canopy, a Black Paraki signalling death to all Skakdi who saw it. In its mouth was already a purple Skakdi, paralyzed by its poison. Its many legs pierced deeply into the resilient trees around it. The native Skakdi cried out in fear. Cried out in panic. It was a Giant Centipede.

No... worse.

It was Evolis Kerhs.

OOC: Part 2 of 5

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro (Morpheus)

Arkius hadn’t meant to fall asleep. It turns out, how ever, that when you’ve been going for several days on end without sleep, sleep tends to sneak up on you when you least expect it. So it was that Toa Arkius, now the sole appointed guardian of Po-Koro, drifted out of consciousness.

What felt like a brief moment passed before Arkius jolted back awake, looking about in panic before calming down and sighing. The air was strangely still in the house as Arkius looked around its shattered interior. Standing up, he took a step outside, looking up at the midnight sky with its alien stars and constellations. He sighed again, this time with a heavy hint of melancholy, his eyes drifting down from the sky to the village he’d been charged to protect. Walking forward, he surveyed the damage the village had sustained, and the repairs the dutiful inhabitants had already performed on their homes and village walls.

He saw the dried blood stains that had yet to be cleaned up, he saw the vacant look in the eyes of the matoran as they seemed to be trying to ignore said blood stains, even as they marred buildings and streets alike, harrowing reminders of the toll paid by the villagers for its protectors leaving it unguarded for even but a moment. This was, in truth, Arkius’ failure. As much as he had believed it to be his duty to ensure that the death of the Metru-Koroan scouting party by the hands of skak marauders would not be repeated, it had also been his duty to protect the villagers of Po-Koro. A duty he had abandoned.

He had left them. Assured it was safe to do so, assured that even if anything were to happen, it would be in safe hands with Nale and the more experienced of its guards, it turned out that his assumptions about this island’s safety had been nothing but delusions. Guesswork passed of as assurances. And for that, several villagers were dead, even more of them injured. As he looked into the eyes of the Matoran he’d sworn to protect, he could only see an empty look of disillusion in them when they looked back. A look of betrayal and abandonment. No matter how much he wished it weren’t so, he had betrayed them and left them to die.

An empty feeling, a feeling of dread, of sorrow, of disappointment, took hold of him, his heartlight hurting as his spirit began to sink. His failure to provide for his charge, his failure to protect… His failure to be there for Nale. He could practically see her icy blue eyes staring into his soul from behind her gunmetal Kakama, and as he gazed into her eyes, he could feel his sins washing over him, weighing him down. He could feel himself sinking, not through voluntary union with the earth itself, but by the sheer weight he could feel upon himself. He collapsed on his knees and hands, his limbs submerging into the ground as a cold feeling crawled up his back. 

He could feel the earth, blackened and charred and bloodied, clawing at his being as he sank deeper and deeper into its dark clutches, his armour buckling, his skin pierced and torn, his muscles tensing up as the pain began to overtake him. There was nothing he could do, nothing he wished to do, to stop this. He deserved this. Faces he only half remembered emerged to the front of his mind, manifesting before him in the ground, faces of people and beings he had seen to the death of, their emaciated and decomposed hands rising out of the ground to hold him and drag him down, clawed fingers digging into his flesh and rending his body. He closed his eyes, and yet the faces would not leave him be, screaming at him, cursing him, crying out to him. He could feel tears slowly drifting down his cheeks, and as his pain swelled he opened his mouth to scream. But no sound escaped his lips. The darkness took him.

Arkius woke up with a start, covered in a cold sweat, frantically looking around before settling down on the couch again. He’d fallen asleep. He hadn’t meant to do that. Taking a deep breath, the earthen Toa pushed the dark visions to the back of his mind before standing up and walking out of the broken house, making his way into the village again. He recalled Kanohi wishing to speak to him.

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Varah grabbed Kanohi by the shoulders, glaring with intensity into his eyes while shaking her head. She then returned to the letter tablet, pointing out new words.

T H E S E   S K A K S   W A R L I K E

N O   T R U S T

N O   T R I B U T E   S A V E S   U S

T H E Y   W A N T   B L O O D

IC: Okuo - Archive Depths

For a moment, the air surrounding the scene settled into a still calm, no Toa of Fire in sight. A moment later, the air began to ripple in the familiar shape of Toa Okuo, his red and blue armour slowly fading into view as his bright azure eyes stared at the gory scene before him. His breathing was heavy, cold sweat rolling down behind his mask. He looked as if he was about to say something, but he was cut off by himself abruptly turning around and vomiting.

IC: Rangi - Ruins of Fire

Noticing the blue warlord dissociating in the corner of the room, Rangi put away his sword and carefully approached him. "Hey, uh, you doing okay there, man?"

@Harvali@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi swallowed and sighed. “I suppose I should have known that. Not sure if you know, but a Turaga came with us in that expedition to rescue the Matoran. She comes from this land. Many Matoran used to live here. But she said that the Skakdi wiped them out, slaughtered all but all of them, destroyed the island’s environment, and renamed their island to Zakaz. They have committed genocide on the Matoran once already.” 

He paused and rubbed his head, not so much as thinking as trying to massaging his pounding head. Finally he said, “one of the Skakdi of the island did help us rescue Voka, but then he came here looking for Ulkarr. If he knew Ulkarr could offer pacts, maybe he just wanted to impress him. But why did Ulkarr help then?

Kanohi turned to the Matoran of Plasma and said, “okay. Okay okay okay. Um, if the Skakdi can’t be reasoned with, we should prepare. The tunnel beneath the village, it’s dangerous, as a giant beast must have carved it, but if a Skakdi attack is on the way, it would be a better temporary refuge than being out in the open. At the least, we will need to be ready to evacuate those of us who were injured in the last raid down there. We will not do it yet, but if sentries spot them coming, we need to prepare.

Sucodak nodded and Kanohi rubbed his head again, “We still should make Kanoka, I can only make regeneration ones, but, can any of us make the more offensive ones? Freezing, weakening, reconstruct at random?

Weaken disks have similar principles with disks of regeneration. I can make them, probably teach it to you too. I have made disks of freezing before as well. Between the two of them, we could stall their rigs in their tracks.

Kanohi paced about, “okay, um, feel free to start. And, this might be futile, but do try to stockpile some regeneration disks, okay? At the least we might be able to have a supply in case the giant beast or the Skakdi attack.

Then to Varah he said, “I am not sure if you are aware, but recently a Toa who served the League approached Metru-Koro to try to arrange peace, in exchange for the Mask of Creation. A high price, but maybe it could have been negotiable. I … I do not know all the details, but the Turaga insulted her and refuted any attempt at peace. So the league gave them two days before destroying Metru-Koro.

My island was wiped out by the League, as were so many. But, too many of us are dead now. I cannot let more of us die in a renewed war. I know I am a naive fool , I still struggle to understand why a Toa would join the league. I fear I know too little about the war. But if we try to fight both the league and the Skakdi, we will die.

If you mean to surrender…

No,” Kanohi answered quickly with a shake of his head, “I am not that much of a fool. My people were destroyed, and we never had even met an outsider who wasn’t a Matoran or a Toa. But, Po-Koro is not Metru-Koro, we are not a proper city. We can’t survive the league. So we might need to prepare for if they come here. And if they sought the mask of creation to rebuild their captured city, offering disks of regeneration would at least be something they could use that would not endanger us. It’s … not a good thought, but it’s one to consider.

He swallowed and said, “I don’t know exactly what to do. Feels kind of like I am bandaging a severed arm. I think my heartlight is in the right place, but I can only think to treat the most shallow injuries. I … I have to focus on small tasks to survive, but if you have any suggestions, I will listen.

OOC: @Onaku

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro, New Archives

Iradra looked around at the population of Metru-Koro hiding within the caves they had come to call the New Archives. A quiet discordant chorus of hushed whispers dominated the soundscape of the space, with Iradra sighing and stretching after putting down her share of heavy boxes and scrolls for the resident astrologer. After that she leaned against the wall of the cave, resting for a moment, little else to do now than wait.

Her eyes eventually drifted to the edge of the cavern space, and the open air beyond the confines of the earth. Iradra’s thoughts slowly drifted away from where she currently rested against the cavern wall, back into the past and her memories as she reviewed what she’d experienced today. She’d been training under Kohara, attempting to learn how to bend the light around herself to render herself invisible, only to encounter some difficulty with it. She wasn’t quite sure what it was, but the concept of fluidly reshaping the light’s path on the fly seemed to be beyond her ability to fully grasp. 

For so long she’d lived as a Ko-Matoran. The rigidity of ice had been what she’d become familiar with, grown accustomed to. Even after her village had fallen apart from the disease ravaging its inhabitants, leaving her wandering the world alone as a disfigured outcast, Iradra had held onto those ideas, the rigidity of ice itself conceptually frozen into her very core. Perhaps it was no wonder why she couldn’t figure out a method of fluidly manipulating light. Hers was a mindset of rigid manipulation, of solidity, of stillness…

And perhaps that was something to explore, then. Iradra mused on the prospect of light being manipulated into a solid form rather than bent into a fluid path, raising her hand up in front of herself and gradually calling on her element into the palm of her hand. At first, it was naught but the standard radiance she had become accustomed to, a small and faint beam shining up into the ceiling of the cave. Slowly, she began focusing on it, attempting as before to manipulate the light itself. The faint spot of light on the cavern ceiling began to fade away, and gradually the light seemed to take on a flicker just above the palm of her hand, a bright spot just above her palm in the otherwise dimming radiance she emanated. Stillness. Rigidity. Order.

Iradra was surprised, as before she’d even realised it she’d completely cut off the beam and now instead held hovering glowing construct in the palm of her hand, a faint white glow emanating from its well defined edges and surfaces. It was a white rhombohedral, spectral in appearance, its faint glow lighting up her hand but little more.

@Eyru@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

IC: [Takadox - Ruins of Fire]

The warlord blinked a couple of times, pulling himself back to the here and now and found himself face to face with the Zyglak. He jerked back a bit, startled, then relaxed.

“Yes,” he started, then stopped himself and sighed. “...no...not really, I guess.” he eventually replied, sounding exhausted. “It has admittedly been a rough couple of days. And I am still not convinced today will not end with me on some sacrificial altar.”

He looked around the room and stared at the opened portal, remembering the last time he had passed through one such gateway and how it had only brought him misery. “That’s what you get for putting any faith in Pridak…” he muttered, more to himself.

The tall warrior remained silent for a moment, studying the small group of Skakdi before her, taking note of how the apparent leader took one of her followers' hands. So they had to do that on this island too...good to know some of the rules still applied here.

“You’re doing better than the last group that made ‘contact’.” she finally replied, casually glancing at the Skakdi’s armaments, very much aware this bunch was ready to bring them up again in an instant if prompted. “You didn’t start with shooting.”

Her eyes returned to rest on the leader, looking down at her. She wasn’t surprised to find size and bearing alone weren’t enough to intimidate someone in a place as rough as this. But there was something in her look, something eager, almost hungry.

The question was, why? Judging by the airship parked right on top of her hideaway, paired with that fact that the footsteps the Skakdi made only led back to where they’d disembarked, they had known to look for her here. Most likely they had found the site of the earlier battle and gotten curious about who’d won. There were several ways and combinations thereof in which they could have traced her from there, especially with the psionic Skakdi’s powers at their disposal. But there was something about the way that one had said ‘first contact’ - a very specific term. Not to mention the mental projection of their visage, just before she’d woken up. There was more going on there. And she would find out what it was. But first…

“Well, I don’t know about you,”  Zataka began, leaning her head back and using her free hand to gently massage the back of her neck, before letting it slowly trail down its side and putting it down again, “but I am ready to get out of this place.”

She started walking towards the Skakdi’s airship, as casually as she would have entered a chute station back in Metru-Nui, but very much staying alert for any sign of trouble.

“Shall we?”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), the Cube

With - (NPC) Voracious, (NPC) Preceptor, (NPC) Sagacious, (NPC) Asperity, (NPC) Clash

Cravious sat there, arms crossed and foot nervously tapping the ground. Sagacious had returned from the stores he owned at the Rig. All his businesses were secure. Thefts were below the allotted 50% of projections, so that meant he was making way more this year than he had last year. Sagacious really knew how to fine tune systems she could understand. Whoever she had hired to guard his stores seemed to be actually loyal to him, as crazy as that sounded.

Looking up at Sagacious’ intimidating form, he reconsidered. Maybe they were loyal to Sagacious. She certainly sent a chill down his spine, though she worked for him. Although Cravious suspected she let him lead and be the alpha. He wasn’t sure why, though. If he was her, he would have taken over long ago, as was his right as the stronger Skakdi.

Cravious didn’t like thinking about this. He was better than her. He was better than everyone. Buuuuuuut…. he supposed it wouldn’t hurt to start looking into getting a Kraata or two. All his staff had one, why not himself? It would be a sign of his leadership. Certainly not a way to gain further power stemming from a slight feeling of inferiority. No way.

Sagacious grinned as she talked of personally “handling” a shoplifter and Cravious knew he was really glad he hadn’t been the poor Skak. Wait no, he would probably beat Sagacious. Yeah, he was too good to lose. She was his underling. Yeah.

His good heel bounced more nervously.

Sagacious finished her report, punched him savagely on the shoulder as a friendly farewell, and went to the corner of the large Cube reserved for her and the money bags she and Asperity had brought back from his stores.

Now that his stores in the Rig had been restocked, money taken, and special orders fulfilled and received, it was time for Cravious to move out. He didn’t like staying at the Rig, and made sure to spend as little time as he could here. There were just too many thieving hands.

He needed to get his money to his secret vault. Then it was time to check up on his mine again. Maybe he would pay a secret visit to Crichton and Myka and finally get that old geezer to pay Cravious to make the Toa some proper prosthetics. Would the custom, extremely delicate work cost Crichton all that Cravious had ever paid him and Myka? Maybe. But the old Toa deserved it. And by “old Toa” of course Cravious meant himself. And by “it” he meant all the money he had ever paid the odd pair.

Cravious stood up, stretching, and walked over to where Clash was. They all would leave the Rig as soon as he finished Uraborask’s truck. Clash was currently on break and eating a meal. Cravious stood over the table, considering stealing a piece of the meal. But the fish looked so… dull. And tasteless to boot. Rig cuisine left a lot to be desired.

The few really good meals Cravious had eaten in his life left the rest of his meals in a dismal state. They were all just mediocre compared to actually well prepared food. But being a chef or cook was almost unheard of in Skakdi society. Yoshimak seemed to be able to make a go at it, but there was still something that Cravious desired that Yoshimak couldn’t deliver on. The supply chain just wasn’t there to dependably provide truly versatile meals that rocked a Skakdi’s taste sensors.

Cravious turned from the meal and the oblivious Clash. Maybe someday a legendary Skakdi would come along and unite all Skakdi with truly good food, but probably not while Cravious still lived.

Returning to the husk of what remained of Uraborask’s truck, Cravious grinned. Now was the fun part. Putting it all back together and adding upgrades.

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - The Ash Barrens - Valley of Bones, (9, 11?)

Hahvok awoke to one all consuming thought.

My mind has been cleansed. Wiped clean.

He… knew that this should not be the case. There was this life fulfilling purpose just out of his reach, hovering at the fringes of his mind like Nui-Rama around a competing hive, not daring to actually enter.

There was this connection that was missing. A comforting presence now absent yet still felt due to the void it left behind.

Something terribly important had been taken from him. This he knew. What it was, he knew not.

It was not memory loss. He remembered how to move, his functions, what his powers were. He had never awoken before, but that wasn’t what concerned him. This was something else. His reason for living. And it was gone. Torn from him like how he used his mechanical Kohrak body to tear out of his damaged hive pod. No, wait. That was wrong. He had wriggled out from under another destroyed section of the hive.

The conflicting viewpoints clashed in his mind. His viewpoint rapidly shifting from one perspective to another. What’s happening?! I… am one… yet two?

He turned to the right, both of him. A Kohrak Va stood nearby, facing away from him. Neatly secured on its back was a Krana Za. But, that was him. He was a Krana Za.

Hahvok’s mind spun, both of them. He quickly turned around, now seeing out of the eyes of the Kohrak Va. The back of a Kohrak. Somehow… he was both?

He stood there, mind seeking out answers.

None were readily apparent.

All around him, both of him, sat the wreckage of a small section of Bohrak hive. Most of the couple dozen pods were torn apart, Krana ripped in half and Bohrak parts broken beyond repair. There was no one else left but him. As a Krana Za, he knew this to be true. He was alone. And purposeless.

Focusing on his power instead of his mental dilemma, he realized his Krana Za was actively using its power. He was instantaneously communicating with the Krana Ja that was in the Kohrak. No, not just communicating. He had formed a mental tether so tight and unbreakable that they were one now one mind, nevermore to part. That was why he had two bodies, two… minds… Is that what allowed him to awake? Maybe even why he awoke without his core purpose?

The Krana Ja did seem to partially fill the void left by whoever was no longer connected to his mind, so he took a small comfort in that.

Another thought arose that he didn’t quite understand why he thought it:

How am I controlling the Kohrak Va?

If he knew he couldn’t normally control a Bohrok Va, then who did? Was it the same someone that he was no longer connected to?

These questions were getting him nowhere. He had to go find his purpose.

Hahvok took a linked step forward, trying to get used to the one/two mind(s) and two bodies. It was far easier now that he understood his condition. Focusing on himself, well, the Krana Za half of him, he turned the Kohrak Va’s head to the left. The Kohrak remained still. Working the Kohrak, he had it walk three steps forward. The Kohrak Va remained still. It was working!

His mind grew peaceful as he realized his current purpose: master his movement.

Working without tiring, Hahvok spent the next week stomping around in the ash, darkened soot, and obsidian, mastering his two bodies and how to think both as an individual and as two beings at once. It was surprisingly intuitive while at the same time the technicalities were frustratingly difficult to fully grasp.

It was a task that took longer than anticipated, yet was far shorter than what others would say was possible. Hahvok didn’t think about it, he simply practiced. Over and over. Rolling, using powers, running, dodging, performing completely different tasks. By the time he was done, he had cleaned up the wreckage of the Bohrok hive, having buried it all beneath the soil.

Though he saw his Krana Za as his main mind, as it was what created and sustained the mental connection, he saw the Krana Ja and the Kohrak body as his main body, which he had given his own name: Hahvok. In this way, his “true” mind could hide in case of confrontation, easily slipping away in the elusive and fragile Kohrak Va, which he dubbed Zal.

So focused was he on his momentary purpose of learning how to maneuver, that he had taken no notice of his surroundings other than the destroyed sections of the Bohrak hive he had once hibernated in. Now that his first purpose had been completed, he finally took in the view, searching now for his primary purpose.

Hahvok, both of him, stood in a place very black and burned and charred. Petrified trees stood all around, barren and forlorn. They spoke to something in Hahvok that he couldn’t reach. His true purpose that he had lost. In fact all around him did. The way the landscape was a shell of its former self. Cleansed of all of what it had once been. Hahvok felt so in tune with the idea.

Noxious steam could be seen in the distance from flowing lava, though the steam would have no negative effect on him. A volcano arose far off to the northwest, spewing forth its foul lava near continually. The soil was dark and dead, seeded with ash that somehow choked out all nutrients instead of creating them. Hahvok took note of several curious mounds in the distance that seemed to crawl. Probably Rahi or insects of some kind.

His bodies, the Kohrak and Zal, began to move. One plodding along rhythmically, the other scurrying about and searching for threats. Before him opened up a deep valley which he decided to continue into. He cared not where he went, only needing to find his true life’s purpose. He was meant for something. He knew that.

And so, despite knowing he was not created for heat and an arid climate, he descended down the slopes, his mind solely focused on traversing further. He had to find his purpose. Perhaps it would come to him if he continued traveling.

His Krana Ja continuously searched for any future obstacles, and his Krana Za sought out any beings it could read the emotions of.

OOC: @Onaku Knock knock, is the Crimson Pack there?

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Messing with Hahvok's text color.

IC: Druu - Battle in the Skies

The climb sideways to the lower levels of The Inferno was an arduous task, but one which Druu and Amarth completed swiftly. Coming up on the harpooner’s seat, Druu grimaced upon seeing the pulse cannon wrecked, though he didn’t pause to think about its loss. As the two tethered ships climbed higher and higher into the now darkened sky, Druu and Amarth climbed out onto the mangled protrusion of metal that used to be the harpoon and gun, now serving only as a ruined frame around the powerful cable connecting The Inferno and The Wombat.

As Druu and Amarth equipped their rebreathers, Amarth passed one of her blades to Druu. Looking out the harpooner’s hatch, the two could see The Wombat trying its hardest to keep up with The Inferno as the latter soared ever upward. Druu turned to Amarth and nodded, before promptly leaping out of the ship, skydiving unseen through the darkness of the night, with Amarth following shortly behind. Staying close to the tether between the two ships, Druu and Amarth quickly made use of their levichutes, turning their likely to be lethal free fall into little more than a rough landing on top of The Wombat, each running their respective protosteel blade into a crevice in the ship’s hull to find purchase, their arrival silenced by way of Amarth’s mask power.

The two of them now clung to the top of the ship, small specks hidden under the cover of darkness. Druu grimaced, clutching his side with his free hand, and as he looked down he saw a sizable chunk of shrapnel lodged in him, thin strands of blood trickling out of the wound. He resolved to address it later, figuring that trying to perform surgery while hanging on to an airship this high up in the sky was certainly a suicidal endeavour.

OOC: Druu will remain out of the way until the Taku has a chance to join the party.

Rangi cocked his head, looking at the blue warlord with a curious expression. "Who's Pridak?"

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

Chains rattled overhead as Enra moved the pipe they connected to, leading up and away into the structures hidden in the gloom above. It was a bit hard to tell at first, but the pipe did move when pulled, once the momentum was transferred to the chains and whatever mechanism allowed them to move around.

The pipe had a connector sticking out either end, It was slightly narrower in diameter than the pipe itself, with a slightly rough surface and blackened from use. A slit ran down the middle of the connector, cutting it into two semi-circles, with their free edges molded into a slightly thicker lip. Enra could tell that this was part of the system that would lock the pipe in place once they decided on which of the pillars multiple connection points to attach it to. There was one on either side of the walkway the group was standing on, and two more that mirrored them on the far side of the forge.  

OOC: @Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Toru Nui

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Good luck, friend. Ah hope you don’t get eaten yourself on the road to flavor town.”

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: [Takadox - Ruins of Fire]

Takadox looked at the Zyglak, surprised at their unfamiliarity with the name, before realizing that of course the name would mean little to the people of this land. Then he chuckled. He couldn’t help himself. Pridak, conqueror of the known universe - and no one outside the great spirits head could give less of a Manas dump about him. Perfect.

“Pridak is...well was, a business partner of mine. Thoroughly unpleasant individual. I envy you not knowing him. We had a falling out. He didn’t take it well, apparently. Which explains the Vahki from earlier. I hope that worm got them…blasted machines.”

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Excellent." And with that, the Vahki led their organic helpers into the ruins.

Through her link via the Staffs of Presence with Providence, NU-8020S had overheard Takadox's words. She announced their arrival to him and his would-be protectors with a rebuttal as they entered the central chamber. "You think any beast of flesh could destroy us? Now, let's discuss your surrender like rational and intelligent beings, shall we?"

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Burnmad@Onaku@Snelly@Sparticus147

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

Enra tried to move the pipe across the chamber to try and fit it into one of the holes. "One of these must be a fit, right?"

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Eyru

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Wait, it can't be as simple as plugging them in at random," he warned, "There has to be some path or pattern... and there may be consequences for not following it." 

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

Trodding through the ash and stone of the barren wastes that surrounded them, the two skakdi, from two vastly different worlds with two goals counter to each other, continued on their way. Leading the way forwards, Drukarus's thoughts and memories drew him back to his home, to his people...To a war that destroyed a universe.

Drukarus remembered when the League first came to Zakaz, how most of the skakdi initially joined with them and their war. Those skakdi who joined the League were either wandering braggards and brutes who could only barely be kept in line by a warchief, or were measly little tribes of skaks who survived more off scavenging rather then by raiding. After that, the League used a mixture of diplomacy and warfare in their attempts to force the larger and more capable skakdi clans to kneel before the barraki.

In the end, only a handful of truly awesome warskaks remained, either actively resisting the League or continuing as life always did on Zakaz. Drukarus was amongst those warchiefs who actively fought against the League, despising them for attempting to reel in the skakdi towards their goals and commands. Harassing supply lines, raiding outposts, and dominating battlefield engagements with the League, Drukarus was a terror and bulwark between the League and the rest of Zakaz for years. But...that all changed with a lightning strike assault against Drukarus's home fortress lead by the barraki, Ehlek...This left him with a difficult choice, either continuing his war...Or risking the lives of the skakdi women and children that were now prisoners of Ehlek.

Drukarus knew that to surrender would be the greatest dishonor he could commit...But he couldn't risk those lives, to risk the League putting those women and children to waste simply to spite him, it was unbearable. And so, Drukarus did the only thing he could think of, calling upon the whole host that he had under his command, he gave his skaks an ultimatum. Those who served him would be granted the freedom to abandon him and his side...But those who stayed, they would join him in one final battle against the League, against the barraki, to participate in a battle that would've been retold by skakdi orators for ages to come.

In the end, fifteen scores of skakdi joined Drukarus in his final assault, war rigs, elemental armaments, and rahi of burden being put under his full control for one final defiant skakdi cry. And so, on that fateful day, Drukarus led his forces against the League, his only goal being able to find and kill not only one of the barraki, but Ehlek himself. As skakdi clashed against vortixx, steltians, and other skakdi, alongside an innumerable number of other proto-breeds that Drukarus remembered slaying and nothing else. Throughout the battle, war rigs skirmished and harassed the edges and flanks of the enemy, blasting holes in their lines with terrible weapons or even simply running over scores of them with suicidal charges. Monstrous rahi, beaten and starved, kept only strong enough to kill and instilled with a malice worse than the cruelest skakdi warchiefs charged forth, ravaging and raging against any in reach unto death, or for some, even beyond death. Within the mass of skakdi warriors, the use of elemental weapons and vision powers allowed for the meager number of skakdi to conquer numerous foes at once, with trained skakdi elementalists combining their powers to create elemental effects of such destruction and awesome power that only a toa could surpass it.

In the end, there was so much blood that the normally barren expanses of dry earth were turned into a red marsh of carnage, the bodies were stacked so high that in places the elevation was raised by several feet, and the stench of death filled the air so much that even kewas and nui-ramas feared flying too close or less they would choke to death themselves. And in the end, Drukarus was the only one left from his warskak, spared for the sake of being a tool and a trophy for the barraki, Ehlek. Later, Drukarus would learn that Ehlek hadn't even given Drukarus the chance to fight him, as Ehlek had abstained from joining the fray.

As the thought of his greatest defeat came to him, the last few months reeled through his mind; the siege of Metru-Nui, the presumed victory of the League, the terrible earthquake that destroyed the city and the crash that hammered the point home. Drukarus remembered all of this and more, as his mind was once again focused onto his goal, his purpose. To amass his forces anew, to strike out against the League, against the barraki…And so, continuing forth, with caution and precedence, Drukarus made his way forwards till, cresting a distant rocky shelf, Drukarus spied the assembled mass of war rigs and skakdi, they who will soon serve him and him alone.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Nato the Traveler

IC: Apex (Ash Barrens/Fau Swamp)

Flying over the Ash Barrens, Apex made her way south, towards the Fau Swamp. As Apex passed over meandering lava flows, forests of ash and dead trees, and the occasional rift or crack in the earth, it eventually gave way to semi-barren landscapes, with harsh brushes and short thinly spread out patches of hardy brown grasses. As Apex left the dead Ash Barrens behind her, the vibrant life of the Fau Swamp soon came into sights. The massive canopy of trees spanning for miles, their vibrancy being a stark contrast to the the rest of the island, and the life within it being...more then she remembered.

Landing just outside of the reaches of the swamp, Apex gazed deeply through the trees, instinctively and unintentionally reaching out and feeling through the shadows within the swamp, and as she sensed through the shadows, she felt...It. Within and throughout the swamp, Apex could feel a presence, a darkness, one that felt familiar yet all too different, like how ice is just water yet it is still its own distinct and separate state of being. This darkness...Frightened Apex, the idea that the darkness that dwelled deep within her own being and beyond the void had leeched its way into the natural beauty of the island was shocking to say the least...But, this island, the state it is in, maybe this corruption was not as malignant as she thought, mayhaps, it was simply nature finding a way, as it always does, in this harsh world. And so, with the cautious steps of a young muaka striking it out on its own, fearful of the territory they are entering, Apex entered the Fau Swamp, seeking ancien ruins long forgot.

OOC: OPI

Edited by Sparticus147
Slight edit and rewrite of the Drukarus half of the post to satisfy myself.
  • Like 1

IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth

Charcoal and stone crunched underfoot as the Mesi stalked his way up the cliffside behind his newfound companion. The distant giggles of the Dead Forest's ghosts and the mournful wailing of the bitter mountain wind whispered to him as he walked, unnatural sounds in an unnatural place. 

He heard the warskaks long before he sensed them. Sixty skakdi were far from quiet, with their rabid ramblings and boisterous banter echoing over the mountainside, along with the clanging of metal and revving of engines as they worked on the rigs damaged in the battle with Shagrak. Though he couldn't see it any longer, he could imagine the cacophony of colours that would be visible below, the mismatched metals and tormented textures of the war rigs and the armour of their riders, worn down and wearied by rust, dust, and wind. 

As he drew closer, joining Drukarus at the edge of the shelf, Marrow could sense the elements of the skakdi as well, an abundance of affinities and abilities that would prove a challenge for even the most powerful of opponents. 

Marrow's original intention had been to lure some of the warskaks away and pick off those he could, whittling away at their numbers in preparation for future encounters. He was curious to find out what Drukarus had planned. Surely that power of his wouldn't work on this many beings at once. 

"You found them," he said, turning his unseeing visage towards the larger skakdi, "Now what do you intend?" 

@Sparticus147

Edited by Nato the Traveler

"Well...If these skaks are like the ones from my own home, then they will only respect two things...Wealths and strength. And...From the looks of these skakdi, they cannot simply be bought...And must be put in their place. But to put them in their place, I cannot simply go in there and start fighting, I need to find their leader...To challenge them to assert my own authority." As Drukarus spoke, he stared down towards the camp of skakdi, trying to ascertain which of the skakdi were in charge through their size and presence within the camp.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Nato the Traveler

OOC: mobile

IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth

"Their leader is called 'Boss'. He's huge, and blind like me. He should be easy enough to spot, even from here," Marrow spoke up, "If he's not among them, then he's likely already gone up to the Nightmare Pits, and you'll have to get through all of them to get to him."

Marrow remained behind as Drukarus began to make his way down the slope. He knew all too well that the warskaks would attack him on sight, regardless of who he accompanied. 

When Drukarus' plan fell apart, and the fighting began, then Marrow might move to join him. In the meantime, he would wait, and listen.

@Sparticus147

IC: Whisper - Refugee Cave

She instinctively recoiled from the light that had blossomed in Iradra's hand, hissing softly.

"Do you wish to draw the ire of whatever dwells in these caverns?" She snarled, "The creatures that live down here in the dark don't take kindly to the light."

@Onaku

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro, New Archives

Iradra turned her head to face the eldritch being, her confounded expression hidden behind her bronze facade. "What are you talking about? The beam was barely any brighter than the lightstone fixtures around here, and this..." Iradra turned to look at the faintly glowing shape floating just above her hand. "Is barely enough to even light up my hand. Are you really that sensitive to light?"

@Nato the Traveler

Rangi looked from the blue warlord to the strange bug faced automatons that had just entered the room, his expression conveying clear confusion about their words and presence. He then looked back to the warlord, then again to the automatons, then once more to the warlord, and so on back and forth until suddenly his face took on the unmistakable look of realisation. "Ohhhhh, those guys are the Vokey, aren't they?"

@Vezok's Friend@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - New Archives

"Not me. This place," she replied. "The underground of this world is not some dead, empty thing. It is a thriving ecosystem, home to all manner of creatures and beings who have adapted to life without light." 

Her many decades spent observing rahi both above and below had taught her a very simple fact: there was a balance to nature. Even if the denizens of the new universe tried to deny that darkness was a part of their reality, that was not the case here. 

There were creatures and beings that dwelled here who would undoubtedly be perturbed by the unnatural light this Toa was bringing to bear in their domain. 

"There are settlements of subterranean skakdi, colossal sandworms, and powers far older and stranger than even my own kind. The world below is a place the day does not reach, a place untouched by light. A place your powers do not belong." 
  • Like 1

IC: Iradra - New Archives

"Then I'll be certain not to use them anywhere there aren't already lightstone fixtures while down here." Iradra pointed the thumb of her free hand behind her at the lightstone hanging to the left of her. "Or do you want those to be removed as well?"

IC: Whisper - New Archives

"Unless you want to telegraph your position to your enemies and the local wildlife, that would be... advisable." Her kraata power made it easy for her to sense the miniscule creatures that had been drawn in towards the lights, and the larger insects that had come to feed upon them. Not to mention the bloodsuckers that were being drawn to the abundance of warm bodies crowded into the cave.

Hopefully that was the extent of what would come crawling into the caverns. 

IC: Gore Fury (The Rig)

Giving the trade skak once last wave, Gore left Kunok to enjoy the rest of his evening as Gore himself returned to the walkways of the Rig, now mostly empty with the onset of the setting sun. Making his way over bridge and trusses, Gore left the Rig itself and entered the large shanty town that surrounded it. Now given a direction and a goal, Gore returned to a local garage where he had payed to keep his rig in, the garage itself now mostly closed up with the sounds of some last-minute work being done.

Knocking onto the garage's doors, Gore was greeted by a large surly looking blue skakdi who looked like he was seconds from pounding Gore in the face with a brakas wrench before a small bag of widgets was handed to the skakdi, as payment for Gore to be able to keep his recently acquired hot rod, the Grillmeister, within the garage. Entering the garage, Gore hopped into the front seat of the Grillmeister and drove away, but not before giving a wave to the blue skakdi who was now too busy counting the number of widgets he was now payed with.

Back behind the wheel of his beloved hot rod, Gore now began searching the outer limits of the shanty town, looking for a large cube...Which he found nearly instantly with its large size and unnaturally perfect shape and design being practically impossible not to notice, even in the nighttime dark. Reaching the Cube, Gore, not being one to let something like the idea that everyone inside of the cube was already asleep to stop him, boldly approached the Cube, and knocked on what he could best assume was a door.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

"Nightmare Pit...Is that where this dreadful feeling is coming from? And if so, why is he there?" Drukarus said, not taking eyes off of the gathered warskak. Looking over the lot, Drukarus recognized that, unfortunately, this Boss was indeed not there. With this, Drukarus knew that he was most certainly going to have to make his way through the warskak before him before he could meet Boss.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Vezok's Friend

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Just at that moment, as Kanohi spoke finished talking, there was a knock on the door frame. Looking over, they could see Arkius crouching to look through the door that was just a bit too small for him to walk through normally. "Perhaps I could be of some assistance?"

@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 49th Floor Reception area

With - (Great Being) Aurax, NPC Vortixx, NPC Steltian, NPC Vahki

Wow, Aurax was the best. Through sheer charm only a Great Being could contain he was able to change the Vortixx’s mind to his whim. It was incredible.

As the Great Aurax left the desk to sit down, Saybo turned around, grinning. He winked at the Vortixx, snapped his fingers, and turned it into finger guns pointing at the receptionist, a second droplet of water leaving his hand and coming to rest on the Vortixx’s chest plate, “Sorry about giving you a hard time. I didn’t want to have to involve the partner. I figured being harsh would make things go faster, but we both know now you’re too well trained for that. Great job keeping cool under pressure! But seriously, I apologize.

Saybo’s face adopted a look of surprise as he glanced around. He was actually studying the desk and its contents. “You keep a very clean desk. I’m impressed! Hahaha! Pridak obviously chose only the best. Tell me, is this real wood? It looks very nice.” He ran his hand along it as if he was appreciating it.

He figured an actual apology, especially from a “soldier”, would be so out of left field that the Vortixx was more likely to find it genuine and accept it. Hopefully the barrage of compliments would seal the deal of forgiveness and perhaps bestow an improved visage of Saybo. He also figured it might be doubly effective moments after Aurax had charmed the Vortixx effortlessly.

Why? Well having as many allies and contacts as possible was always good for business. “Friends” were far more likely to offer favors or let you in places you shouldn’t go.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend If it's not made of wood then oops. :P

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Gore Fury, (NPC) Voracious, (NPC) Preceptor, (NPC) Sagacious, (NPC) Asperity, (NPC) Clash

Uraborask’s truck sat partially disassembled, certain systems completely built yet sitting outside the truck, impossible to attach unless disassembled and reassembled. Underneath a single light, Cravious sat at his drafting desk, drawing up schematics for the truck and the systems he was going to install. Right now he was debating on including an A/C system, since the fluid required was scarce when consistently Skakdi refused to do any manufacturing jobs outside of ACRs. Yet another reason to hire non-Skakdi.

However, using his Improbable Machine power, he could create a bypass to needing the fluid required. Right now he was trying to figure out how much room he would have to install a custom A/C system, since his special method tended to cause builds to increase in size quite easily and he had a hard time holding it back.

There was a knock at the door nearest to him, next to the vehicle ramp.

Now who could that be? And would he need to beat them up? Probably. He was at the Rig after all. The only place where there was a real chance that thieves might knock first. The poor, brainless fools.

Cravious turned in his chair. The soundproofing curtain was drawn around the hammocks for his crew. They were probably all asleep. UGH. That meant he would have to open the door himself. He turned back around and started, falling out of his chair. Asperity stood next to him, basically on top of him. That girl was creepy. He should never have given her that belt to help her activate her power over Gravity. The way she used it to cling to walls or silently hover to the ground was downright unsettling.

Not to mention Asperity was downright savage, even worse than Sagacious in her own way. But she was just as trustworthy as Sagacious, though he couldn’t quite pinpoint why. He must have some kind of Skakdi charisma and not realize it. Nothing else could explain it. If he was her he certainly would have taken over by now. Especially since he let her guard all of his most precious items.

Although if it wasn’t his own charm, then it was probably a lack of proper intellect.

The short Skakdi of Gravity (Still taller than a Toa), smirked as Cravious got up on his elbows and spoke in a voice that was both soft and malicious, “Want me to get the door?

Cravious got to his feet and shook his head, “I need to make a proximity warning for whenever you get close. Go get the door.

Asperity nodded curtly, spun, and sprung for the door, lightening her own gravity to allow the feat to be down in a single leap. She quietly touched down, and swung open the door to reveal a very odd looking Skakdi. He was stout, yet quite bulky, orange and white, showcasing his element, unless it was a clever ruse, and he wore clothing, always an odd choice.

Smirking in slight disdain at this newcomer, Asperity tilted her head to the side inquisitively, “And what brings you here at such a time as this?

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Dar Poroka | Aboard the Wombat

Wombat keep fire blasts into big ship, then suddenly slow down. Ship tilt back to normal. Not go up more.

"The line has been severed," Green says. "Returning to our previous elevation."

Poroka look out window. Watch big ship go up, up up. Keep go up. Not stop. Big ship get small.

"The Inferno has been critically damaged," Green chirps. "But our weapons were unable to disable the levitation mechanisms. It appears the vessel will continue to rise indefinitely."

"Okay," Poroka says. Sit back in chair. "How far to bomb village?"

Blue make whirring noise. "Absent further interruptions, Metru-Koro will be within range of our weapons within twenty minutes."

"Good," Poroka says. Still little angry at new person. Shoot things will make happy.

"Call other ships, please. Tell them things okay here."

"Yes, Captain." Green beeps, then press button to send radio message.

"This is the Wombat. We have sustained only cosmetic damage; all systems are functioning at 100%. The captain suggests resuming our course to Metru-Koro at the earliest convenience."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku

IC: Taja | The New Archives

Taja did her best to ignore Iradra and Whisper's bickering. She figured the two of them, being polar opposites, were unlikely to ever get along. Even though she was now a being of shadow, she didn't want to become like that. So she remained quiet, even though Iradra's little light made her skin crawl. Better to be silent and keep the peace. 

Whisper was right. Her senses seemed to fill the gloomy cave, much like her sense of hearing had done before. But unlike hearing, it wasn't a physical sense. It was more like a feeling. She could sense the shape of the darkness that lingered in corners and crannies. She could sense how the shadows echoed the physical movement of bodies in the light. Whenever someone raised their hand or tilted their head, she could feel the effect it had on their shadow. Just like spoken words had once reverberated through the air, leaving trails of vibrations she could follow, so now physical movements could be seen without eyes, simply by following their dark echoes.

And deeper in the caves, further down the tunnels, she could sense something deeper and darker than her little shadow, as much as the ocean is deeper and darker than a puddle. These underground places had never seen the sun, and the darkness that lived here was older than the mountains. It was a vast darkness whose slow waves lapped at the shores of each lightstone's illumination, receding only reluctantly. It was an unfathomable darkness, wider and deeper than eyes or could see or mind could understand. She felt suddenly small in its presence; it was not unlike looking at the night sky and realizing the enormity of space.

Unnerved, Taja pulled her senses back to her body. It had been so easy to reach out into the shadows, she had done it almost without realizing it. It felt instinctive, much like controlling sound had been only days ago. But her thrill at exploring her new powers was tempered by a lingering fear. The darkness that rested beneath the island was ancient and deep, and they were only safe if they did not provoke its notice or awaken its hunger.

Shaking her head free of these dark thoughts, Taja returned to the conversation.

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

They were too old for puzzles.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 6

IC: Gore Fury (THE CUBE)

"Oh, apologies my friend, it's just that I was in the neighborhood and I was looking for one Cravious. I heard from some reliable fellows that he has quite the way with machines. Is he awake and home?" Gore said, trying his best to play his charms upon the female skakdi as he also tried his best to survey the insides of the Cube through his shades.

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish 

"Good to hear," Zaliyah replied, her voice no doubt coming through somewhat crackly with the wind still roaring through the holey hull beside her. 

She switched to an open channel, speaking to both the Tranquility and Wombat, "Spread out, and push towards the village." As she spoke, her vahki banked the Razorfish back to the right, where it began to steadily descend as well, reducing speed to let the other two ships take the lead. If Druu's suicidal antics had proven anything, it was that staying grouped together just made them easier targets. "My compartment is compromised, so I'll be dropping to a lower altitude where it's easier for me to breathe." 

She cast her gaze towards the flickering firelight of the village in the distance. The settlers likely would have had time to begin an evacuation by now, unless they'd somehow failed to notice the fight in the skies. But they wouldn't get far in a desert. Once the village was destroyed, the airships could begin looking for any escapees. 

"Once you're in range, fire at will. Target anything that looks defensive first, then work your way forward," she ordered.

"Stay in radio contact, and be ready for anything." 
  • Like 1

With - Gore Fury, (NPC) Voracious, (NPC) Preceptor, (NPC) Sagacious, (NPC) Asperity, (NPC) Clash

Asperity felt slightly disarmed when the Skakdi spoke. He had a certain way about him that even she recognized in her bitter soul. Still, the organic muscle around her eyes squeezed together in suspicion. She had a job to do, “Do you have an appointment, or the money required to make an appointment at such late hours?” It sure sounded like he didn’t, and Cravious had a job to do. Yeah he would easily finish before the deadline, but a distraction could be potentially time consuming.

From his viewpoint, Gore could see the mess that was currently Uraborask’s truck, along with several strange machines with odd piping hanging from the ceiling. There was a workbench covered in bolts, screws, and tools. Next to it, and farther from the door, sat Cravious at his drafting desk as he mused upon how best to continue the upgrade. The desk itself was a complete opposite from the workbench, being perfectly tidy and well kept. It was also a dark wood with a minimal finish, probably a swamp tree of some kind.

All three things were illuminated by two different light sources. Powerful yellow white lights above the truck, and a desk lamp built on the drafting desk. Everything else was lost to darkness or the occasional red light to help with natural night vision and late night navigation.

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded frantically  as Arkius approached, and Sucodak slipped out to prepare, pausing only to stare back at Kanohi. The Matoran of Iron winced, before feeling Arkiys’s eyes on him. He managed, “I … any help you can offer could be good. I … I am not sure how much you are aware of, Jovan is mining what ore he can find in the tunnel, which is dangerous given the beast that carved them, but we’ve been making some of the ore he recovers into disks, mostly disks of regeneration, but Sucodak says he can make disks of weakening and freezing, to stop Skakdi rigs in their tracks.”

I … I have never fought, don’t have the strength for it, and I fear, I am unsure, I don’t know, it’s clear that Skakdi are extremely powerful. And if, if one of them is able to manipulate that beast that carved the tunnels, maybe using a Rahi control ability, we would be helpless. That might not be a danger but I don’t know if you are aware, this island used to be inhabited by Matoran. But almost all of them were wiped out by the Skakdi. And Varah believes the Skakdi still want blood, that they would wipe us out if possible. I … any advice you have in driving them off would be helpful. We are Already going to stockpile disks, wait, I kinda said that already, sorry. But I don’t know how..

The Fe-Matoran looked away suddenly, “I … I know I am … not great at this, so um, even if we can withstand against a Skakdi Raid, I don’t, I know we cannot survive the League. I don’t think Metru-Koro can either. I know that if we fight, we will die. Maybe them too. And with fighting going to resume in maybe a few days over Metru-Koro, I don’t, I don’t know what to do. Other than fighting will only lead to more dead Matoran, and there are too many dead already. I-I think we might need to pay the League off to leave us alone, if that is even possible. I know there is a Toa in the League who tried to negotiate with Metru-Koro, she might be able to listen. But it’s, I don’t know enough. I don’t even know if I understand why the war happened. I’m a fool.

Still unable to match Arkius’s gaze Kanohi said, “sorry if all I am doing is complain. I’m not good at this, don’t know why Stannis wanted me in charge. What do you think we should do? I-I know we  have some defenses from the ground, but the League has airships, they could bomb us easily. What do you suggest?

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

The passengers of the Taku nervously watched the battle unfold in the distance. Streaks of blazing light exchanged between the league airships, followed shortly by the intense cracks of their report. Because the sky had grown even darker since when these ships were initially spotted, the faint illumination of the glowing projectiles was appreciated by the Le-Matoran helmsman as he kept the Taku on course.

After being pelted by cannon fire from the three other ships, it eventually became clear that the traitorous league ship would not survive. 'Toa Jorak' may have failed to stop the attack or incapacitate any of the other League airships, but his presumptive sabotage had at the very least damaged the other ships, and by the very nature of his maneuver, Jorak had destroyed the largest League vessel. It did somewhat relieve Knichou's conscience that he wasn't the only person ready to risk it all in a suicidal, hastily made gambit. Jorak's kamikaze made Knichou's plans only slightly less suicidal. A four-on-one fight had become a three-on-one. Still an immense gamble (Especially given the Taku was by no means a warship), but as long as the Metruans kept the element of surprise, it was now a winnable (Well, survivable) fight.

As the league airships finished their infighting and began to regroup, Knichou began paying closer attention to their positions. He made sure Berys kept them on course to be above the enemy ships when they would eventually get close enough to cross paths. Knichou couldn't be sure that the Taku could catch up to the smaller enemy airships if they tried to swing around from behind, so a direct pass over may be necessary, at the very least for the first drop. In that case, the slower the Taku was moving, the larger a window the boarders would have to successfully land on top of their targets. The captain ordered Berys to slow down the ship's lateral speed, and weighed his options while he still had the time to do so.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mega - The Taku

It didn't feel right to be huddled up in a warm van while all this was going on. She headed to the closest of the two NPCs who had strapped down Yaushe, and said, "Look, I ain't gonna be much help fightin- don't think my gun's gonna do much against an airship- but I'm pretty handy 'round a wrench. Anything I can do to help?"

~

IC: Yaushe - Also on the Taku

She closed her doors to keep the warm air in, and then noted Zsann's distress. She had the sudden, odd desire to offer some kind of comfort- a hand on the shoulder, a hug, anything- but... she had no hands, no arms, nothing.

She did the best she could, bringing her seatbelt around in some kind of pseudo-hug. Poor Zsann.

She had come to realise that she couldn't do all that much from inside the van. At least, nothing to help the fight outside. So, instead, she just tried to muster some warmth out of a seatbelt's embrace.

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"Well, I might have the widgets to pay, but that depends on whether or not I can simply pay with widgets alone. But, I think that might be something your boss back there would be the only judge of. Am I not correct, my friend?" Gore said all this with that charming, bombastic, and likable way he always does, trying his best to get past this door blocker. Gore wasn't trying to impose, in fact in all honesty, he didn't even care if he got his appointment or not. But the chance for a new opportunity is one always worth taking and this one seems as good as any other.

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro Guard Garrison)

"Wha..uh..um...oh...Should we leave or should we go? I guess that is a good question. Well...I don't see why we shouldn't help them, that is the right thing to do right? We should protect these people however we can, you with your elemental powers and me within Second Skin." Although Sala spoke with confidence, he was deep down shaken. The League! Again! Why couldn't the end of his world be the end of this spirit-forsaken war.

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

Nale was still next to Knichou, standing over the controls but making no effort to mess with any of them. The saboteur had done their job, it seemed, but the League ships had resumed their approach--perhaps they'd at least bought enough time for the residents of Metru-Koro to evacuate. On the outside, she was stern, focused ahead, prepared for what was going to come next with as much Toa heroics she could muster...but inside, Nale was still very nervous. The Fa-Toa looked over at the Captain, then back to the ships before them.

If they didn't make it out of this, it wouldn't be for lack of trying.

Triage, meanwhile, began to wonder if he'd be jumping out of an airship again. The knife he'd stowed away in his satchel had slipped his mind now that things had heated up.

"Captain, what's the medic to do while we...do this? Am I staying behind, or going with someone? I'd probably be of more use for the latter."

@BULiK

IC: Korio Karasha - Wastes

...was it really that easy?

Kor watched, somewhat in disbelief, as their mark simply began strolling over to the Panda. The Vo-Skakdi's gaze shot to Yumiwak, his crossbow now lowered completely--had he been more absentminded, he may have shot an explosive arrow into his own ###### foot, but he'd taken his finger off the trigger for a moment.

"Izzat really it?"

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9), Western Garrison

With - Sala

"Wha..uh..um...oh...Should we leave or should we go? I guess that is a good question. Well...I don't see why we shouldn't help them, that is the right thing to do right? We should protect these people however we can, you with your elemental powers and me within Second Skin." Sala responded with confidence.

Sorilax nodded slowly, clearly thinking. Finally he came to his decision, “You’re right, thank you Sala. We should stay here and help however we can. We have the power to do so, and by extension the responsibility that adjoins it.

Pausing, Sorilax’s meticulously designed features became uneasy, “However, if it comes down to fighting, I’m fearful that my inexperience with the subject would hinder more than help. I’ve fought a few battles here and there against Rahi and the like, but mostly I’ve been able to escape or avoid conflict. Sala, do you have any meaningful combat experience to contribute to this situation?

"Well, I might have the widgets to pay, but that depends on whether or not I can simply pay with widgets alone. But, I think that might be something your boss back there would be the only judge of. Am I not correct, my friend?"

Cravious was trying to stay on target and focus on his project of Uraborask’s truck, but something about this Skakdi’s words struck a chord in him. Not simply pay with widgets alone… Just what was this Skakdi here for?

A part of Cravious noticed the weird charisma of this stout Skakdi and was apprehensive of it, but most of Cravious smelled potential monetary gain and that turned aside any doubts for the moment.

Standing from his desk, Cravious left his schematics for later. As he walked over, he motioned with his hand to shoo Asperity away. 

She gave a small grin, optics twinkling mischievously as she touched her belt, activated her power over Gravity, and jumped up towards the ceiling, disturbingly disappearing from view as she was now above the currently active light sources and lurking in the dark. Watching and waiting for any opportunity to turn her job as security guard from passive to active.

Cravious didn’t walk fully to the door, instead shoving a large amount of hosing onto the ground from its perch atop two swivel chairs. He set them up across from one another, sat down in the one facing the door, and motioned to the second one as an offer for Gore to join him.

The name’s Cravious. What brings you here?

For once, he didn’t sneer in greeting. Maybe he was just tired. Or maybe there was something more to this Skakdi and the odd shapes of his organic muscle.

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou looked towards Triage with a sigh. As much as he wished he could say something inspiring, Knichou couldn't avoid giving a frank analysis.

"Your call, Doc - I doubt those on the Taku and those on the boarding parties will both go unscathed. Up here you have a better chance of surviving, as long as the Taku doesn't get shot down. If you go with the boarding parties, we'll be wounding their crew and getting wounded ourselves, and there probably won't be the space or the time to get full use of your expertise. If we fail below, your work will still be needed by Metru-Koro, and if we succeed we'll still be trapped in an already damaged League airship, under fire from their wingmen. The extra risk of us crashing these League ships with ourselves on board isn't something I can ask you to take."

The Toa of iron looked around at the others in the bridge.

"Alright everyone, we're getting close. Berys, slow us to an idle and keep us above the flight path of that larger ship in the lead. Keitara, stay up above and keep doing everything you can to keep us undetected. Ulkarr, stay here and be ready to cloud their windows in darkness when I give you the signal. Kat... you can handle yourself to jump down and slow your own fall. Go after we drop. Everyone else... follow me to the cargo bay, let's get ready for our dive."

Knichou exited the bridge and slid down the ladder to join the others who were already in the cargo bay, including Triage's unusual friends who had arrived in their own vehicle.

~~~

In the cargo bay of the Taku, various crew members shifted nervously as they waited for the battle that they never signed up for to arrive. Mega approached the Ta-Lesterin Exuze, who was peering out over the edge of the open cargo bay doorway. From their altitude, the light of Metru-Koro could just barely be seen if one looked at a low enough angle.

"Well, most of us aren't fighters either... I guess if we start taking hits, anyone that can keep us in the air would be a help. From the explanations the Cap'n's made, all our kanoka power is clustered in levitation engines on all sides of the ship, and if we lose too many of those we won't be able to stay airborne. If those get destroyed or disabled we'll need people who can attempt a quick fix, or at least keep any fires from spreading, if you know what I mean. Any tools and spare parts should be in the room under the bridge."

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On 6/19/2020 at 3:42 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

“Well, I don’t know about you,”  Zataka began, leaning her head back and using her free hand to gently massage the back of her neck, before letting it slowly trail down its side and putting it down again, “but I am ready to get out of this place.” She started walking towards the Skakdi’s airship, as casually as she would have entered a chute station back in Metru-Nui, but very much staying alert for any sign of trouble. “Shall we?"

IC Yumiwak | Wastes

As the warrior walked gracefully towards me and my ship I held up my free hand. My other was still firmly intertwined with Zai's and the mental foci coursed like twin streams. "Stop," I said aloud evenly, though the word echoed in the warrior's mind, too, as I snapped her psionic parlor trick back at her. 

I chuckled lightly flashing my teeth in a display of my sardonic amusement at the lady's self-assuredness. Sure, there was plenty evidence that she was a valiant and strong fighter, and yeah, she could give me a very strong run for my rupees, but that didn't give her the right to trod like she ran this place. On the contrary, she was out of her element, deprived of her main weaponry,  and in a foreign land with too many unknown variables. Her bravado seemed natural, but it couldn't be anything but survivalism. 

It occurred to me that the lady wasn't looking confident and walking towards the Panda because it was second nature for her to assume control, although she certainly was trying to do just that with that nonchalance and (oooh) swagger. Nah, she knew what she was doing—she was feeling me out, feeling this land called Zakaz out, determining where the lines were drawn and what she thought to be true. Like a child exploring the confines of their nursery or rules of their guardians, what this lady was doing was a test of boundaries, a collection of intelligence and amassing of resources, and I needed to provide those parameters and assert my control quickly or risk her flight or fight responses. 

"Nobody gets on my ship without my permission. You want to get out of here on it?" Of course you do. "You have to give me reason first."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Taking the seat in front of Cravious, sitting in it with an easy casualness that told of the nonchalant feeling that Gore felt in this situation, seemingly unaware of what he was dealing with. "Gore Fury, a pleasure to meet you, and to be honest, I'm not here for much more than a tune up on my ride. I've been told that you are a capable mechanic and, well, looking at all of this. Honestly, there were things in Metru-Nui that paled in comparison to this place, truly some great work it is." Gore said the last part, gesturing around to the whole of the space they were in.

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro's Garrison)

"Combat experience...Well I was never formally trained per say but I did help fight in the war, so if you're asking if I can handle myself. Then yes, yes I can...Especially inside of Second Skin." Clenching the hands of Second Skin, Sala was once again filled with that sense of power and strength he had when he first mounted the suit.

IC: Vulimai (Taku's Cargo Bay)

Admiring the disks, Vulimai saw that the toa and captain of this ship entered the cargo bay, a palpable sense of anticipation following along with them. Storing the Ta-Disk within her satchel, Vulimai approached Knichou, ready for whatever was about to begin. "So then, when are we dropping, and with who and how am I doing this?"

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1