Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

Posted too soon.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (The airship Tranquility)

Trigger warning: depiction of PTSD symptoms and an acute panic attack.

Kei's heart sank to her protosteel-clad boots as she watched shrapnel and molten slag spray from the wounded Taku. When she felt Irna's strong grip on her shoulder she reached up and placed her own slight hand over the zyglak's. There was too much to say. Too many emotions. "Please be safe." She whispered as Irna moved back to Skorm. She knew that, no matter what happened, part of her would forever wonder what would have happened if she had run over and demanded to join them. But the Av-Toa had grown a great deal that day. Swallowing down a kohlii-ball sized lump in her throat, she turned to her own team.

"Let's go." She choked out, her gauntlet creaking against her shield's handle. "While the Taku is still in the air. Let's buy them as much time as we can."

As she spoke, Toa Keitara stood between the two. Screwing her eyes shut in concentration, she bent the frail starlight around the others as best as she could without having to maintain contact. The result was not perfect, but once they were inside a daisy chain of Toa would be too easy a target.

As her face rippled out of sight, hot tears welled in the Toa's eyes. Suddenly, the idea of hand-to-hand combat was not some distant hypothetical, but an immediate reality. Keitara had been trying, hard, to convince herself that she was ready for this. But something inside her was absolutely terrified of jumping through that hole. She tried to quash it down. Now wasn't the time to discover she was a coward. The others needed her. 

Another round of gunfire nearly caused Kei to scream. Had it been that loud a second ago? Shaking her head furiously, she tried to regain the relative composure of a minute ago. However, to her horror, the cloak over her comrades was degrading, holes showing through.

The Kolhii ball rose back up in Kei's throat. She struggled to breathe. As hard as she tried. the cloak would not function the way it had been. Her powers felt like they were drying up, even though she'd just felt as though she had a bit left in her. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered as the cloak broke apart, "I'm sorry," as she slid to her knees, "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry…."

The world became very small around Keitara. As she knelt all she knew was the world an inch from her own eyes. Even as she dragged herself back up, armor rattling slightly as she shook, she still felt as though she was moving her body from outside, the panic within too great for her to even dip a toe into. She didn't even have the energy to lie about what had happened, to say she was really okay or that it had been a sudden attack of nerves. Raw, paralyzing fear still had her in its steely grip.

(OOC: 

@The UltimoScorp, @Tarn, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triage - The Taku

The medic was rocked back and forth by the attack on the ship, falling to the ground upon a wall of the Taku being blasted open. His first thoughts were to check on Mega, but as he got to his feet and the dust began to clear, he realized that Exuze--the Lesterin who had helped him with the Po-Koro injured prior--was now in need of aid himself. Triage was, unfortunately, used to the screams and the sight of carnage like this. You had to be as a field medic, and it allowed him to quickly take stock of the situation. It didn't, however, make it any less terrible to see.

He rushed to Exuze's side. He'd seen Suhaku, the Turaga, get injured as well, but at the moment couldn't help her. One at a time, he thought to himself. One at a time. 

The injury was grisly and the patient was going into shock. Triage fished around in his satchel for a moment, before producing a painkiller he'd perfected long ago from his own expertise and affinity with plantlife, and administering it to Exuze via injection. "This...this should help a little," the medic said, as if he was dealing with something less than a dismemberment, then put his focus on at least closing the wound so the Lesterin wouldn't bleed out, using his mask power to take care of it quickly. Getting the limb back...would be another thing. Now he had to take care of Suhaku.

The medic made his way over to the Turaga. Shrapnel jutted out of her back, and Triage once again administered the same painkiller to her. Maybe it would work, maybe it was just a nice gesture. But it, hopefully, dulled the pain enough. Shrapnel was far more tricky to deal with: removing each bit of protodermic metal manually was tempting, but risky, especially while the ship was still under fire and moving. It would have probably done more harm than good at the moment, and the medic concluded the best shot would be to use his Kanohi. As the Hauora's effect passed over the wounds, the bits of shrapnel were displaced by the healing "skin" and clattered to the floor of the cargo bay.

Drained by the usage of his mask, Triage forced himself to stand so as not to slump against the hull of the battered ship, lest he become the next one in need of medical aid.

"M...Mega," he said, turning to the Matoran. "Help me get these two clear of the walls, they'd be better protected inside Yaushe. Just...just like Po-Koro. We're doing this just like Po-Koro."


@BULiK@ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tranquility

"I'll give it a try but I'm not very sneaky!" Kat said with a smirk before Kei broke down. The smile slid right back off her face as the Toa of light sank to her knees.

 

"Whoa, hey, it's alright! You've been doing so much stuff, it's alright if you need some time to recharge!"

She helped the Av-Toa up and placed a hand on each of her two shoulders.

"C'mon, take a breath and center yourself with me, okay?"

 


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mega and Yaushe - Taku

Mega nodded,a little shakily- though trying to show a brave face. "Alright, pumpkin. Just like Po-Koro."

She helped him carry the two, towards the van, who was...

Freaking out, as it turned out.

Yaushe shook as gunfire rattled the floor, and yelled in alarm from the laser fired right through. One of the bullets had ricocheted off her, thankfully not doing much more than scratching her paint job, but that was FAR too close for comfort.

Mega tugged at the back door, and it took her a moment to register and unlock the door. Mega set someone down. "Yaushe, can you look after these folk?"

No answer.

"Yaushe...?"

"Who..." Fear was giving way to panic, and from there to anger. "Who is DRIVING this thing?!"

"Uh, not sure, darlin'-"

"People are getting hurt in here, and what is GOING ON I can't just SIT HERE-"

Sparks were beginning to jump from her wheels. Mega wasn't sure how to comfort her- they WERE in a flying ship with a hole in it, after all. "Settle down, Yaushe-"

"Settle down?! There's a HOLE!"

The van was... glowing.

"That's it! Whoever's out there had better cut it out, there's a STORM COMING!"

A flash from below the van, and then sparks branched along the floor, the walls, the ceiling-

Yaushe _sunk_.

It was like going from a house to a coliseum. It stunned her for a moment, suddenly the world felt so much smaller, she was afloat, she could feel controls that almost felt familiar but she couldn't figure out why-

"All set, Toa. Fire it up."

Yaushe tried not to look behind as she tilted the controls of the airship. She was sure she didn't want to know, all that mattered was finishing the job.

- Had she flown one before?

Next, she realised, was the electricity. Airships could generate much more power than a van, and she could feel it buzzing through her new body like blood, thrumming with life, ready for action.

She felt someone in the pilot's seat, pulling on the controls. She shook them off in the politest fashion she could muster.

Then, she realised there was a speaker system. Which was good, because she was pretty sure people were going to be very confused.

People on board the Taku would hear a voice through the speakers. For some, it might sound a little familiar, but instead of machine noise forced into Matoran speech, it was a real speaking voice. A little rough around the edges, but still, a recognisable voice.

"Hey," the voice said. "Name's Yaushe. See if you can get that hole patched up. I'll try and stop us from getting any more of them."

As she began evasive manouevres, increasing altitude as she finished the u-turn, she concentrated, feeling the atmosphere, electricity crackling across her hull. Pulling, pulling...

~

In the air, storm clouds were rolling in, seemingly out of nowhere.

Better keep yourself tethered.

 

OOC: sorry this is rushed. Will prettify it later. Also got permission for am become airship and triage bunny

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taku & Crew, Metru-Koro Airspace

With Triage's aid, the screams had mostly transformed into moans and sobs. Suhaku cried as Triage carried her into the back seat of the van. Exuze couldn't manage full sentences, he just shivered and stared with wide eyes at himself, others, anything, while completely unresponsive. Occasionally what could be mistaken for a word slipped between his lips, not that it could be heard over the sound of bullets impacting the ship.

Up above in the cargo crane controls, Arnex looked in awe at the proceedings below. She sat at her station, dumbfounded, as Yaushe's voice boomed throughout the ship's intercom. The crane controls sparked for a moment, but all panels instantly went back in the green. Must be some kind of power surge.

On the bridge, Berys was extremely worried when the controls became unresponsive and even hostile. Did a shell sever the control wiring?

Yaushe's voice both explained and didn't explain what was going on. Berys cursed in frustration as he completely lost control of the ship - every switch he flicked would flip back into position as soon as his hand left it, every stick would fight him. Yet somehow the ship stayed on course and even continued to turn left towards Metru-Koro like Berys was trying to do.

"Why do I have to have such dark-luck, what in Karzahni is happening?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro @Nato the Traveler

As the battle took place in the sky, Jephro scanned the sky, looking out for any more enemy airships with his mask. He counted at least two enemy ships, one of which was flying low and slow around Metru Nui. With everyone else occupied, Jephro decided to lighten his weight so he could quickly run closer and watch the Razorfish. 


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: ZaliyahThe Razorfish

Though the desert was hot during the day, the night had brought with it a bitter cold that made Zaliyah shiver despite her the insulation her armour had adapted. The calm and quiet came as a harsh contrast to the blind, brutal rush of the battle that had briefly transpired above. But no further attacks or boarding attempts had pursued the Razorfish, and Zaliyah had slowly forced herself to relax.

The village out to her left looked so peaceful, so unassuming. It reminded her of her own home village, so long ago, before she’d become a Toa, before she’d become a Hordika. It reminded her of what she fought for. It wasn’t fair that the Matoran got to live in such naive comfort while everyone else scraped and struggled and slaughtered each other just to survive. It wasn’t fair that the weakest, most worthless beings in the universe had been allowed to call themselves the superior species for so long.

In standing against those she had once considered her kin, Zaliyah hoped she was helping to make up for the crimes she and other Toa had committed against the other races.

“How are those repairs going?” She radioed her remaining Vahki.

“Flames extinguished. Stability and pressure of remaining tanks assured,” one of them reported.

“What about those side vents?”

“Port-side vent fused shut from outside, beyond reach of repairs. Starboard vent piping damaged, no replacements or suitable patches on board.”

“How badly damaged? Can we still use it?”

“May be viable, but this unit calculates a high risk of catastrophic rupture if used.”

“Fine, forget it then. Get the co-pilot back up front. Engineer, keep a close eye on the situation. I don’t want to break anything else.”

Zaliyah returned her attention to the task at hand. No further signs of fire or pursuit had made themselves apparent, so it was time to resume the mission. The ship was still about 500 bios from the village wall, which put it within the effective firing range of the artillery weapon.

“Adjust course to keep us moving parallel to the camp walls. Keep us at the same elevation and distance,” she ordered the pilots.

As Zaliyah took the gunner controls, the pulse cannon swung forth to face the direction of Metru-Koro, loosing the first blast of its strafing run, aimed over the wall of the settlement. Regular shots began to scatter from the barrel of the plasma cannon as well, which would hopefully ignite spot fires if they struck something flammable. The heat and dry of the desert served well to render materials more combustible.

The village would soon be in flames, just as Pridak had demanded.

 

OOC: @Smudge8 @Sparticus147 and any other defenders. In real-life measurements, the Razorfish is about 685 metres from Metru-Koro, and 27 metres above the sand.  

Edited by Nato the Traveler

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Taku

The speaker nearest Berys crackled to life; Yaushe had worked out how to use only one. "... Sorry. I was getting really jumpy, strapped down in the cargo bay, and... well, there are other people in there, you know?"

She paused, and then added quickly, "Not that you're not a good pilot or anything. I just... I think I've done a lot of this sort of thing. It gets kind of fuzzy. And, hey, turns out your airship can generate a lot of power, huh?"


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Berys, Taku Crew, Metru-Koro Airspace

"Wait - let me deep-think... you're the spirit from the van... and you're wind-riding the Taku? Or are the bullets making me slow-think?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Taku

"Uh, yeah. Wow. Thought that was gonna take more explaining, but you got it in one. Good job." A few switches flicked to Berys' right. "Think that's the fastest I've had someone grasp the concept."


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Berys, Taku Crew, Metru-Koro Airspace

"The Toa-heroes think-talked about it many times earlier, either you're dark-serious or I'm old-bone."


Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Taku

Yaushe laughed a bit, sounding a little more like a wheeze. "Well, let's hope it's not the latter, yeah?"

Yaushe kept gathering the stormclouds. Stars were starting to fade from the night sky under them. As a Toa, this would likely have been an incredibly taxing affair, but the Taku afforded her much greater power. She said to Berys, "I think I can throw them off a bit, get us some distance."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
Yaushe does not hope he's dead. Yet

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

Ulkarr couldn't help but overhear the conversation Berys was having with... his own ship. He didn't think non-Aspect life-forms were capable of leaving their vessels. They usually died when it was damaged beyond repair, that was Ulkarr's understanding. He certainly couldn't spread his essence so far as to become this entire machine. Impressive. But, this was something for later.

@BULiK@ZippyWharrgarbl

 

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

Even in the darkness, Ostrox saw the bright impact of the pulse bolt against the enemy vessel. "AHAHAHAHAHAH - what?" He said, to whomever was interrupting him, rotating in his swivel chair to face his visitor. "Skorm. Where've you been, buddy? I couldn't help but note your absence. Not hanging with the wrong crowd, I hope?"

@Keeper of Kraata

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

Navu was still inside the van Yaushe usually resided in, covering her ears and rocking back and forth. "This was a bad idea. This was a bad idea. This was a bad idea. This was..."

  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Airspace, Tranquility Bridge)

The discharge of the ship's energy weapon brightened the sky outside the bridge. Skorm's eyes narrow, not out of reaction to the bright light, but of a sense that he had only limited time. He finished rising to his feet, squaring his shoulders.

"I have been walking this island, as my Lords commanded. I have come to the conclusion that the destruction of this settlement would not only bring little benefit to the League, but would endanger it in the future. There are things on this island we need satellite settlements for; I believe that Pridak was uninformed of these when he ordered Metru-Koro's destruction."

Skorm took a step forward, his arms spread and hands open. "Ostrox, I saved your life, you can trust me. End the attack, please."

OOC: @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

Caught off guard just as much as toa Tekmo, Vulimai was thrown against the wall of the airship as it began to spin. Thinking quickly, Vulimai pulled out her halberd and swung it towards a nearby piece of framing, hooking the halberd's head within the crevice of the framing. Hooked onto the inner framing of the airship, Vulimai dug herself in, waiting for the airship to eventually stop spinning.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

Ostrox very clearly didn't buy it. "You must think I'm an idiot. What has compelled this sudden bout of insanity, Skorm? What have the dark god's slaves offered you, that is worth selling out the rest of creation?!"

@Keeper of Kraata

 

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Wombat)

Rolling onto the ceiling - which was the floor now - vines sprouted from the flesh on Tekmo's free arm, clutching onto whatever they could, much like Vulimai's halberd. Tekmo was able to pull himself back to his feet, and avoid falling out of the airship. For now.

@Sparticus147


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro @Nato the Traveler

The razorfish Unleashed a barrage at Metru Koro. Panicking, Jephro lowered his gravity even more, going from an unnaturaly quick sprint to bounding like he was on a low gravity planet, hoping he could close enough distance to stop the ship before it was too late.


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mega - Taku, Yaushe's Van Sans Yaushe

As Triage saw to his patients, Mega noted the Matoran curled up and panicking in the corner. After a quick glance at Zsann- still asleep, poor thing- she approached Navu and awkwardly put her hand on her shoulder.

"Uh, hey there." Now, this was tricky. It was very hard to convince someone not to panic in a situation in which panicking was the sanest response. She settled with, "You gotta get yourself together, now. Panickin' ain't gonna help nobody."

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Airspace, Tranquility Bridge)

The Toa grimaced under his hood; it was only partially an act. "You dare question me? I have seen creatures that call this forsaken island home that could tear this airship out of the sky with a lazy swing of one claw. I have personally been captured and tormented by native skakdi, practitioners of a foul ritual I still don't know of despite being the only Shadow elemental I've met, and an unaligned Toa that used their power over Light to render hundreds of square kios worth of land uninhabitable.

Skorm seeded his worth with fragments of truth; it was the best way to bluff. "I am no longer asking, Ostrox. Wiping this settlement out would have consequences far beyond what Lord Pridak could know; I will assume any consequences myself. Stop the bombardment; that is an order. If you choose to disobey it, I will be forced to take responsibility for your life yet again."

He thought to Irna, Keitara, Kat, and Nale, who by now must be inside the ship. Narrowing his eyes, Skorm willed them to glow in the darkness beneath his hood. "The last time you and I dove out an airship, I saved your life; trust me, that example will not be repeated."

OOC: @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: ZaliyahThe Razorfish

With her eyes already cast out towards the village, it didn't take long for Zaliyah to spot a lone, dark figure sprinting swiftly across the pale sands. Considering the ship wasn't already taking fire, that suggested the valiant hero lacked ranged weaponry, or an element that would prove a nuisance at a distance. 

"Engineer, stand by for new orders," she said, as the Razorfish's weapons continued to rain karzahni down upon the enemy encampment. "We're about to have company." 

@Smudge8


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro @Nato the Traveler

Gritting his teath, Jephro reached out with his gravitational energy. He severed is connection to the ground and turned the airship into the primary object atracting him. He began to freefall towards the Razorfish, spending most of his focus contrilling his trajectory.


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

"You washing off a temporary field of pain energy, while appreciated, does not constitute 'saving my life'. Your authority is not recognized here... traitor."

Upon hearing that this intruder was classified by their commander as a 'traitor', and thus, an enemy, the two Vahki on the bridge calculated it was probably a good idea to restrain or kill Skorm if need be. One of them was trying to fly the ship in a shroud of shadow, so he couldn't do much about it. But the other one, the one Ostrox designated as his 'first officer' could. Which was his intention when he uttered that word.

Though the Vahki's Staffs of Presence were not much use in this situation, it fired them at Skorm regardless, as did it fire the Freeze Disk loaded in its mandibles. The Kanoka was of Ga-Metru make, so it could change direction mid-air.

@Keeper of Kraata

 

OOC: The Vahki's armaments were determined using an online dice roller.

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

"Right, rightrightrightrightright, of course, course, course. Just - just what do I do? I can't do anything about this, what do I do?" Loud noises were overwhelming Navu, and the presence of two injured people in the van with her didn't help.

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Tarn

  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish

The ship rattled as it became the focus of the Toa's power - gravity, if his dark armour was any indication.

As the Toa jumped, and continued rising, Zaliyah gave her order. 

"Nullify that nuisance," Zaliyah ordered, "Bring us up."

The Vahki in the engineering compartment - which had a clear view outside the ship through the gaping hole Kat's attack had left in the tail of the ship - focused its nullification ability on Jephro, cancelling out the Toa's elemental power. At the same time, the pilots increased the ship's levitation by a few more bio, ensuring the ship would remain out of Jephro's reach.

"Should we land and deal with the Toa?" One of the pilots asked. 

"No, leave him. Let him watch," Zaliyah replied, switching on the ship's speaker, "Consider this my mercy, from one Toa to another. You get to live, and bear witness." 

@Smudge8

Edited by Nato the Traveler

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triage - The Taku

The tired medic looked up from his patients. "I think I have something in my satchel that can calm nerves...look, Navu, the best thing you can do right now is lay low."


@ZippyWharrgarbl@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

Proceeding as with the previous pillars, Enra and the others soon had the last pillar connected to the first three and now had a [4] [3] [2] [1] setup leading into the forge. As the last pipe slid into place, the familiar hiss came again, but this time the sound continued and the pressure in the gauges ticked up notably, though not too much. The control panel at the central forge, previously dark, started to come alive, the panels flickering on as the power came on. There were indicators for temperatures in various parts of the forge, the incoming pressure and others, and one switch, labeled ‘ignition’.

OOC: @Toru Nui 

 

IC [Coliseum]:

The Vortixx returned to managing messages for Pridak, happy to be able to return to her work. Why did people think badgering her would somehow make his lordship adjust the speed at which he did things? She supposed she could pass on the badgering to him, but that was only asking for a terminal change of career paths.

Just then, her tablet pinged, almost too loud in the quiet area. Internally, the Vortixx sighed. Finally.

“Lord Pridak will see you now.” she said, indicating the way leading to the throne room, signalling the group carrying their prize to go ahead and enter. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Kal the Guardian

 

IC: [Takadox - Ruins of Fire]

The warlord kept his ‘I-used-to-command-nations’ stance - head held high, shoulders squared and feet firmly planted - until he was sure the Vahki and entourage had left again. Once he was sure they were out of sight and earshot again, his arms dropped, and he let out a deep breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. This encounter could have gone any number of ways, being dragged back to the Coliseum, kicking and screaming - or dead - included. He had been prepared for that outcome. Maybe if he was very lucky, something had gotten through to this Vahki squad mother. She might hate him, but if they turned from or just started to doubt Pridak - that’d be something. He was glad to have survived another day - for now - but the feeling was not one of relief. He was just very, very tired. 

“It’s a long story. But I guess an explanation is in order…” he replied.

“But tell me something first: Your kind, they want power, yes?” - and here, Takadox looked from Providence to the rest of the group he knew and the other ‘aspects’ he did not.

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Onaku @Snelly @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @xccj

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 1

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Airspace, Tranquility Bridge)

Skorm scarcely had time to react before he was hit with the Presence beams, shortly followed by the Freeze disk. His body was frozen over in a state of reaction; he glanced around the room from within the icy prison. He spoke, muffled: "A slave turning on his masters is justice, not treachery."

He activated his wristblades, and the retractable blades struggled against the ice, but broke through regardless. As he did so, Skorm focused the energy from lightstones around the bridge through the transparent ice and into himself, and focused it through the best refractors he possessed: his own eyes.

He focused the harmless pinpoints his eyes projected onto Ostrox as he sat, then willed energy out of himself and into the laser; focusing the light in such a manner meant he couldn't see, but it hardly mattered. With one last burst of will, he shot a pair of lasers powerful enough to bore through the ice, the chair, and the bridge's viewports behind it. There was enough holes in the ice now that Skorm took advantage of the dimmed lightstones on the bridge to phase into shadow, pouring out of the cracked and melted shell; he hoped that the power draw and laser would be enough to signal Keitara.

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
removing the quoted reference
  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Providence - Ruins of Fire

A moment of silence hung in the air as he offered the query some consideration.

"No, I don't think that's quite right. At least, we Aspects do not desire power for its own sake any more so than do you bipeds; rather, we have a commonality in that some of our kind want power for its own sake, while others seek power as a means to accomplishing an end."

His tone had shifted; he seemed much less excitable and distracted. Now he fixed his attention fully on Takadox; his expression was blank, but his inflection suggested that he was intrigued by the question.

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Onaku @Snelly


Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Druu and Amarth - The Wombat

Hearing the Vahki’s warning, Druu and Amarth both braced themselves for any abrupt change in the ship. As the ship started to spin, the two of them began running with its spin to remain upright, Druu firing an impact vision blast at the Vahki's head while Amarth took out her protosteel throwing knives and tossed two of them, aiming for Poroka’s throat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (The airship Tranquility)

In less than thirty seconds Kei fought an entire battle within her own mind. It was rough, it was brutal. and she did not come out of it unscathed. Battered and weary as she was she nearly lost herself to wave after wave of nameless, poison dread. Then, something cut through the encroaching darkness. Two somethings, to be precise. Two sharp sensations, like static across her organic tissue.

Skorm's light energy.

It was like pulling herself out of quicksand, but finally a drained, gasping Keitara lay at the edge of the deep pool that had attempted to swallow her whole.

Keitara had not been made a Toa by accident, or through some grand design. She had been chosen because even under enormous pressure, enough to break a person, enough that nobody would blame her if she gave in and just withdrew… Kei would not. She would drag herself, broken and bleeding, from a fall or a beating and drag herself forward. She always had something to fight for, and when she did not she found something in no short order.

Firelight danced across her dusky gold armor, and violet-indigo sparks danced within her eyes. Joints aching, hands still trembling, Keitara, Toa of Light, Nynrah crafter, and duly appointed guardian of Metru-Koro straightened herself until she stood at her full height. It could not have been more than fifteen seconds, but a small eternity had passed for the slight warrior.

Red-orange firelight crackled and ran like quicksilver across her shield, pooling in its rhotuka launcher. Her other hand was coated in a grieve of starlight, set hard across her fist like a knuckleduster.

Keitara made herself meet Kat's eyes. "That's the signal." She said, her voice almost cold with a new emotion: the same defensive anger that had led her to attack a demonic ussal crab for her friends. "Laser fire. Skorm's fighting. The negotiations failed. I'm ready to fight."

There it was. No lies, no half-truths. If they survived this experience perhaps she could ask Kat about the fear still attempting to claw its way into her heart. But until then, they had one goal.

Throwing caution to the winds, the Toa arrow-dived through the hole, tucking and rolling on impact before bounding to her feet, shield brought to bear and fist ready to throw an armor-shattering haymaker.

No more impulsive, showy attacks. No more tackling a gigantic problem without thought for the ramifications. Keitara looked around her, rapidly assessing the situation. The first enemy to make a move, she would cut down with her shield. The next would receive a blow capable of deforming protosteel.

(OOC: 

@The UltimoScorp, @Tarn, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway)


Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tranquility

The Toa of Fire blinked twice, before shrugging, "Guess we aren't doing sneaky anymore!" She hopped down, and true to her words earlier, her muscle dense frame did not land quietly on the inside deck.

"Oh, this one is different on the inside! Weird!" Kat looked around.

 

"Where are all the people that make it fly? Shouldn't there be a bunch of people inside, like on Knichou's ship?"


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Tranquility

Nale was a bit ahead of Kei when she dropped into the ship, making use of that "old-fashioned" stealth she'd mentioned before as she crept through the corridor. At the sound of the Av-Toa dropping in, she whirled around, spear pointed in the direction of the noise. "Ah, Light Girl."

Then Kat joined, and Nale looked around for a moment before responding. She was surprised, as well. "Not seen anyone yet. Most of the crew is probably on the bridge." The Toa of Magnetism addressed Keitara again. "You seem ready to go at it. Is Skorm...?"

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (Inside the airship Tranquility)

Keitara shook her head, attempting to dispel the cloud of anger that had filled her. No, being impulsive would get them captured or worse. Now was time for calm and logical thinking, not blind anger. It was not easy, but Kei was not about to give up now. "Sorry. Lost my composure."  Kei shifted slightly. "Yeah. I... I don't want to lose him, or Irna. I also don't want to put everybody here in danger like back at the swamp though." Taking a slow breath, she attempted to calm her jangling nerves enough to think straight.

Kei looked around. "Indeed. Yeah, it's completely different in here." Then, the comment their third companion had made sank in. "Heh. Yeah. Sorry, I just didn't catch your name. I hope  that wasn't too rude."

She turned to Kat. "Listen, if these things were retrofitted with those big cannons there may not be much we can do to them from inside. Our best bet would be to cripple the levitation grid that Knichou was talking about." Kei dispelled the gauntlet, and the rhotuka flowed back across her shield into her waiting hand. "How do you wanna do this? Should one of us go and help Skorm and Irna, or should we focus on getting this bird grounded?"

(OOC: 

@The UltimoScorp, @Tarn)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Tranquility

"If Skorm needs help, then that's our priority," Nale replied, beginning to move in the direction she assumed the bridge was. "Bringing this ship down with us on it doesn't sound too healthy, and if we can instead wrest control of it from the League, then we can use it to aid the Taku and turn this around."


@The UltimoScorp@TL01 NUVA


galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (The Tranquility)

Keitara nodded, a slight smirk flitting across her face as she ran alongside the warrior. "Right. Let's go pay our respects to the pilot, shall we?" As she ran, Kei once more charged her shield. A thought crossed her mind. Extending her power, her hand was once again coated in a gel-like glove of liquid light. Another thought hardened the knuckles into a lethal striking surface. As the trio reached the cockpit door, Kei looked to Kat for confirmation as she readied her light and protosteel-gloved fist to smash in the portcullis.

(OOC: @Tarn, @The UltimoScorp)


Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 3:35 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - The Wastes]:

The bemused looks remained firmly on the warrior’s face as she listened patiently to the Skakdi leader’s words, regardless of the threats or weapons being brought up to point at her again. She had hoped to avoid this conversation, but it appeared her rescuers/captors/next victims(?) really wanted to play this out the old fashioned way. Weird flex, but okay. When the Skakdi was finished, Zataka remained silent for a moment longer - or so it appeared to Yumiwak’s entourage. In truth, she was addressing their glorious leader directly via thought, using her mask again. She could have said it audibly, but if this one was so insistent on having her little display of being in charge, so be it. It was better to let her save face instead of provoking her further at this point.

Just between you and me: You bragging about how you tracked down my capable warrior self while telling me I’m lost, doomed to die and sticking out like a sore thumb is not the boast you think it is.

She continued aloud: “Again: I already chose to come willingly when I said I was ready to get out of this place. Funny thing about new places is: you run into the same kinds of people as everywhere else. So after the rough night I had, I figured I’d  save us both the time and tired old back-and-forth and get us both what we want: I get out of this waste and you get me on your ship. I’ll even try your cake.”

She’d kept her eyes firmly on Yumiwak up until now. Then, her focus suddenly shifted to the Skakdi off to the side, still aiming his crossbow. Though her tone didn’t change and she made no moves beyond looking at Korio, her eyes were blazing with warning intensity. “Of course, one can’t go anywhere willingly with a bolt trained on them. You better hope that first shot takes me out for good, otherwise I suggest you put your little toy down before you hurt yourself.”

IC Yumiwak | Wastes

I let my lip curl a little but at the woman's attempted chide. .:It was not a boast.:.

And it wasn't. This person's ability as a fighter and her placement in the wastes of this land called Zakaz were two unrelated things. She just so happened to be the one I was looking for, lost and asleep on a slab of rock out here. I found her, and I would give her some new life, and that was that. I could just as easily take it away.

"My ship, my rules," I said simply and shrugged slightly, punctuating the casualness of the situation to myself. "There will always be a weapon trained on you of one sort or another. My clanmates do as I bid, buuuut they also know the risks living has. Danger is a part of life here, preparedness and caution kind of comes with the jig. Don't doubt their skill, either—these are not the Mesi you bought before. These are my people and they've bitten their share of salt already." I would have given word to shoot her then and there if it wasn't for the desire to see her in my custody being stronger than her thinly veiled insult at Korio. 

Finally, I let go of Zai's hand. My enthralled lady quickly collapsed to the ground, eyes glazed over and red cheeks drained somewhat from the exhaustion of remaining tethered to my will and energy longer than she wanted, and she clenched her loosed hand with her other to soothe the wrist I had kept in a vicegrip. It was one such cost of bonding with me—while everyone wanted to jump from their trousers to hold my hand and braid our elemental powers as one, few Skakdi could prepare for the sheer domination my will held. I suspected it was partially because it was in my elements nature to control lesser minds, and by bonding wills with me it utterly exposed their minds to the psionic might I contained, though it was also possible my own strength go will played a significant part. All the same, though, was how addictive the act could be. The people who detested the bonding act after it happened were the same who relished in the sensation of elemental power coursing through their bodies with me, and as a result would grovel for the chance to do it again. 

The sods. 

Still, I cared for them.

I allowed Zai a moment to recover before extending an arm for her to grasp and get back to her feet, which she took without hesitation as soon as she could muster her body to, and once she was afoot again I looked at the warrior again as I began to walk with all the poise and grace of my royal blood back to the Panda. "My name, which you should know, is Yumiwak Umbraline. Now come, and let us eat cake."

 

Quote

Sighing, I stepped out of the transport, strode past the guards and back into the coliseum through a side-entrance out of view, making my way to a private elevator. I swear, if I had to go through the lobby every time I wanted to come and go nothing would ever get done around here…

Stepping into the elevator, now flanked by two Vahki that were in the cabin at all times, I pulled up progress reports from Ehlek and the continuous efforts to fortify and rebuild what was left of Le-Metru, studying them on the way up. 

IC Stannis | Coliseum, Floor 50

The old toa continued to futz with his memory concerning the keypad that activated the secret door to Dume's old office. He tapped his chin slowly as he eyed the dimply backlit keys, trying to remember what code the ancient turaga had used for this particular passage. Was it 4--2-1-1-3-5? No no no no, too long, the old man thought. Dume was not that complicated, it wasn't a cipher and had to be the basic keypad alphabet. 3-8-6-3? No again, Dume hated the number 7—a superstitious purist, he would have constrained himself to the first six numbers only, thinking it was somehow holier, though more likely because it was just simpler that way.

Another secret door, this one on the opposite side of the chamber's threshold, parted and Pridak entered the office, now his throne room, finely adorned in a new battle suit and flanked by twin vahki. Fun, Stannis thought. A challenge!

Still not as infuriatingly difficult as the confounding keypad, however. 

 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:09 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"I'm not a scholar, but the Great Disk of Ice would have had the Freeze power, right? Just like the sword I got out of the Suva," she tapped the blade resting at her hip, "If a Toa Disk can be melted down to make an elemental Kanohi, then if we melted down the sword and poured it into a Kanoka mould, wouldn't we get a powerful Freeze disk?" 

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"A powerful one, sure, but..." Leklo's voice trailed. He was unconvinced. "Even a level-8 kanoka isn't a Great Disc. Worth the experience, I suppose."

He was, however, up for experimentation. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

Ostrox dodged out of the way of Skorm's beams. A shame. He liked that swivel chair. "Now, where's he gone off to?" He asked the first officer.

"...All around us, sir." The Staffs of Presence were having difficulty connecting to an entity currently made of shadow.

"Hiding, are we?" Ostrox drew his sword, glancing all around him. "I don't know what's more insulting - your treason, or the fact you thought I'd fall for such obvious lies. You show up after over a week of being AWOL, right when I'm busy and my bridge is shrouded in shadow no less, claim you were on a super special secret mission the whole time, and then say I shouldn't destroy the servants of evil who refused our offer of peace because of... 'consequences'. Consequences I just can't be told, because reasons. As if you could comprehend the consequences of not destroying them..."

@Keeper of Kraata

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

"Yeah, yeah of course." Navu continued to cower in her seat.

@Tarn@ZippyWharrgarbl

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Alright guys. We pull this switch or nah?"

@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Eyru


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...