IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish 

The airship was thrown around like a struck piñata as the Turaga made impact, only her seatbelt keeping Zaliyah from being flung from her seat. The vessel rocked and rattled, cracked and creaking from the collision with the unprecedented biological projectile.

"-detect single boarder. Significant damages to-," the voice of her Vahki hissed from Zaliyah's earpiece. 

"Forget the damage report. Just take us up, as high and as fast as you can! Out of their range." She unbuckled herself and pressed the button to retract the pulse cannon into what remained of the crane compartment, before heading for the ladder, "I'll deal with our visitor." 

She clambered up the ladder and into the main body of the ship, where the irritatingly persistent Turaga stood waiting for her. "That was one karz of an entrance. I didn't realise you were so eager to finish our conversation." 

@Azibo

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

Legends Don't Last Forever

IC: Sans, The Razorfish

"I didn't realize you were so eager to die."  As Sans prepared himself for some Steltian brute to bull-rush him, or maybe some squad of Vahki to pounce from all around, or even some unknown Southern Islander to manifest, he was surprised to see none other than that Toa Hordika who had come to parlay some time ago.  Sans hoped that somewhere behind his burnt and crisped frame was an intimidating Toa-sized hero greeting this challenger.

"Why did you come back?  Why couldn't you have stayed back in Metru-Nui?"  Sans conjured a thin wall of water before his firmly held staff, at least creating the illusion of defense from some surprise projectile.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Azibo

beaverdkc.jpg.058196aea1189a8be42d4020232ee8e0.jpg

Wait, this isn't dancing_lariska.gif..?   Six Kingdoms Rebirth: Sans Gaius Amaru Lrrthxx Kokaliga

"The last act of your false god was to bring all of us to this new world. You don't get to dictate who has worth, who deserves to have this fresh start," her voice came out in a snarl. Sparks accompanied her words, as a severed pulley ground against the framework of the rising airship. "My offer of peace was genuine. I wanted all of us to start anew, to build something better, but if your people are unwilling to share, then our species must be snuffed out." 

@Azibo

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

"Then let that snuffing out start here."  Sans watched Zaliyah, on guard for any offensive movement.  And again, Sans concentrated inward, activating his Kanohi even further. Sans began to grow.

Thoughts of that lizard came to mind again, scurrying about, oblivious to the changed world.  How Sans wished he could be that lizard and hide away from the troubles of life.  The Ga-Turaga imagined how the news would be received by those below and those far away.  Would the defenders of Metru-Koro mourn him?  Would they resent him for throwing his own life away?  Would they honor him for his sacrifice?  Would they understand?  A thousand thoughts and more raced around his head.

What kind of world was Sans leaving behind?  Would the Matoran and the Toa and all the other types of good people work together to build a new society on this strange new continent?  Sans thought of all the faces he'd seen and the names he'd heard.  There was so many people to keep track of; Sans wished he lived in simpler times again.  Threats used to be Rahi attacks or natural disasters, not war and invasion and crashing giant robots.  Sans grew ever more, his frame now reaching the ceiling of the ship.

The tears flowed once more.  It hurt to keep growing.  His wounds grew same as all parts of his body, and with that came the growth of pain.  The air racing around his exposed frame, the heat of the burns, the scarring on his nerves, even the broken bones he was sure hid inside his old body.  It was hard to be so ready, so active.  All Sans wanted was to sit quietly in his home and play some banjo once again.  Yet still, Sans grew.

The metal creaked as his head began to force itself outside the hull.  He brought his hands even closer to his face, guarding it from attack.  His mangy hands grasping his staff so tightly he would probably feel some cramping had they been capable of feeling anything other than the dull burn of such singed appendages. 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Wait, this isn't dancing_lariska.gif..?   Six Kingdoms Rebirth: Sans Gaius Amaru Lrrthxx Kokaliga

The Turaga's response disappointed, but didn't surprise her. In way, she admired his conviction. It no doubt took formidable strength of will for him to cling to such self-righteous certainty, to sentence an entire species to slaughter rather than accept the equal rights of others. 

As Sans grew, the ship began to slow in its ascent, forcing the Vahki to deploy additional levitation disks to cope with the added weight. 

When Zaliyah's attack came, it was twofold - a stream of searing crimson lanced forth from her Herding Blade, aimed directly at Sans chest. In the same instant, an unseen swell of telekinetic force focused on the Turaga's Kanohi, trying to wrench the mask away from his face. 

@Azibo

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

When the attack came, it stung.  Zaliyah unleashed energy from her blade, which Sans' water wall intercepted.  If only he was a Toa again, he could've stopped it out right.  The energy dissipated... mostly.. and only kinda stabbed into his body.. but the pain was very, very real.  Sans cried and winced as the attack penetrated his body enough to make Sans wonder what the upper limits of a Mask of Healing were.  He left a tugging at his Kanohi; Sans was right to judge Zaliyah a Ce-Hordika.  He removed a hand from his enlarged staff to press his Kanohi firmly against his head, just in case.  Still, he grew, and his shoulders caused creaking as they forced themselves outside the hull, the wind blowing about his body.  His wounded torso, too, began to emerge atop the metal canopy.  He must've been more than two toa tall by now, and ever more did Sans grow.

Edited by Azibo

The Turaga's insane plan was clearly to rip the ship in half through sheer size. Either he didn't care about dying, or he was counting on the gravity Toa to catch him when he ultimately fell. Zaliyah would ensure there was nothing but a corpse for them to catch. 

"Set a new course, full acceleration!" She called to the Vahki, "Keep us at this elevation, and move us directly over where their shots were coming from."

The blasts had been too large and powerful to have come from a handheld Hagah Plasma Cannon, which meant it had to be some kind of mounted turret, and those usually weren't designed to fire straight up. Directly above was the safest place for the ship to be if it started losing altitude, and if Sans managed to tear the ship apart, the wreckage would then fall straight down onto the village's only defence.

As she ship lurched forth on its new course, Zaliyah loosed another blast from her Herding Blade, firing a Rhotuka as well, both aimed for Sans' already-injured chest. 

@Azibo

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

IC [Coliseum]:

The receptionist smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry, but it appears all publishers of magazines are currently experiencing issues with shipping, printing, supplies, staff - everything. But it is firmly on the to-do list.”

She consulted her tablet once more: “Ah yes, here. Item #2739 on the agenda for rebuilding Metru Nui. It might take a while.”

She got a slight conspiratorial look in her eyes and her voice got low as she leaned in closer to Achro. “Also, I am certain I overheard Lord Pridak suggest a name change for the city as well. Something along the lines of ‘Leagueopolis’, can you believe it?”

And then she suddenly straightened again, back in full customer-service mode.

“I would recommend you try the juice bar in the foyer. They make excellent smoothies!”

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png