Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ostrox, Gnabol and Klawne (Metru-Koro, The Razorfish, Exterior)

"'Zealot'. Ha." Ostrox grabbed his stuff and left for the Razorfish, weaponry and mask re-equipped. "Helxu alben gravor… azroen kel la u zerr quor avor."

"Well, clearly you have your own problems. But to answer your questions, I am Gnabol, this is Mazor, and we found these children alone at a camp site down south." Which was close enough to the truth to make the truth but with some extraneous details left out, like how they were fairly certain the children were originally adults but were rained on by a floating orb of water that de-aged them.

"Also, we’re fairly certain the children used to be adults before they were rained on by a floating orb of water that de-aged them." Gnabol believed in telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Unless the opportunity to be sarcastic presented himself.

"He’s… he’s not lying. That is a thing that exists." Klawne added. "It's an enigma and a mystery."

@Keeper of Kraata@Nato the Traveler@Smudge8@Tarn@Conway@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp

IC: Tekmo (The Moat Airspace, The Wombat)

"I’M HERE! I’m here…" Using his charged elemental energy, Tekmo materialized some sort of leaf parachute attached with vines to his torso.

"There. Sure glad I don’t look stupid in this. Do you need to hang on to me, or have you got your own?"

@Sparticus147@Onaku@BULiK

• Like 2

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

As Vulimai continued her climb, the Toa she had boarded with eventually came into sight.

"I’M HERE! I’m here…There. Sure glad I don’t look stupid in this. Do you need to hang on to me, or have you got your own?"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?!" Honestly, there are times where Vulimai really had to question the merits and sensibilities of the Toa.

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

OOC: Thanks for being patient with the slow replies these past few days. Remember to get your licks in on the shark king so we can finally put a lid on this ;)

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

Zataka still didn’t touch the cake. She was hungry, but she couldn’t rule out that it had been spiked with something these Skakdi had built up an immunity against. She’d heard of such instances before and was watching her ‘hosts’ carefully while taking her time answering Yumiwak’s question.

“Who am I? Well that’s a bit complicated. You know my name, that’ll have to suffice for now. What I am is easier: I am a warrior and leader. Not unlike yourself. Though with my being here, currently separated from my people and lands - which leads to the ‘what’ part of your question: I was on my way back.”

None of what she said was a lie, though she did omit the circumstances and means by which she arrived. She wasn’t going to just give away her actual ticket back home. Then, she decided to redirect the conversation to more important matters:

“So...are we going to pretend we didn’t just hear some mythical beast roar out there?”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"Looks like you had fun," Zaliyah said to Ostrox, as she helped her two Vahki disembark from the ruined airship. 

Despite her vague effort to sound upbeat, she remained on edge. She was in the middle of a group of people whose home she had just helped destroy. Regardless of who had ordered the attack, she had still been the one to carry it out. They had every reason to hate her, peace or no peace.

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Sidra’s encouragement really did help Viltia. It was the grain of sand that tipped the scales. The advice rang close to what Sorilax had been saying about changing the world for the better regardless of which species he interacted with. He himself was an Aspect that was nothing like his brothers and sisters in her opinion. So why couldn’t she also learn something apparently contrary to her nature?

She looked Sidra in the optics, still slightly hesitant, “I think you might be right. My thinking has changed so much ever since I got here and really, truly got to know other species. I’ve learned so many things I never even thought about before. And it feels like the more I learn, the less I actually know. So yeah, destiny is what you make it. Let’s do it!

Viltia clapped in excitement. In the background there was a loud “Pok-pok-pok” from an angry sounding Pokawi that could be heard above the constant drone of insects. The sun was reaching the point where it would dip below the giant head to the northwest, so it was essentially evening. The smell of evening meals being cooked started to drift down from the village above.

Okay, so we’ll get you set up for scouting tomorrow, but tonight, why don’t we start learning the basics from Beruv? She’s a crazy workaholic, so she’ll totally do it for us after working hours. What do you say?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The desert (8, 8), the Cube

With - 5 Vehicle NPCs

Cravious leaned back in his chair, sipping from a drink he had set beside him. Traveling and avoiding danger was easy when you had telescopic and x-ray vision. Ah, that’s just great. Thinking about his vision powers reminded him of Avak. What a loser. Cravious sure hoped he was still out there, hiding in some hole with his loser friends. One day all Skakdi would revere Cravious’ technological genius above that of the brown crackpot and Cravious wanted Avak there to have it shoved into his face. Well, at least he wasn’t rich. Avak didn’t really play well with others and his pocketbook suffered for it, unlike a certain genius everyone knew was better.

Cravious’ fingers itched. He wanted to be building something while he sat there. But no, he had to keep the Cube safe. There was a Tahtorak on the loose! This was no time to lose focus.

So he continued to look around. Above, in front, below, beside, behind. Over and over. And as an added measure of security, Clash and Asperity were manning the Cordak Blasters atop his fine vehicle, watching from those cameras as well.

He would find an Aspect soon enough.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

Sidra didn't consider herself an overly upbeat person. Sure, she could be a little carefree and reckless, but she always kept herself grounded in her objective. Although she'd trained with her, she'd never come to share Lariska's impatient need to constantly be cracking wise and keeping active.

Despite that, Viltia's earnest enthusiasm was infections, and she found herself sharing the Toa's smile, "That sounds fantastic."

@Kal the Guardian

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

Nale frowned, looked to Klawne, then back to Gnabol. There was a profound silence as she processed the information, then sighed. She'd talked to a ghost van today, how long before she'd stop being surprised about this sort of thing?

"...why must I ask questions at all. Strange events are happening constantly now, 'suppose I should just get used to it."

She wasn't entirely sure what to do now, but Irna was right, at least.

"I can help take care of this, don't worry," she said to the Zyglak as her and Skorm were called into a meeting by Keitara. "De-aged by a floating orb of water or not...they're still children. I'm sure there's somewhere left standing they could stay."

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Triage - The Taku

Triage still seemed in the dark, but the medic was certainly aware something was bothering Zsann. If not personal things, perhaps just a general anxiety that might come with experiencing an airship battle--and the things that had happened because of it--firsthand. "That's good then," he said, scratching absentmindedly at the chin of his Hauora. "Nerves?"

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Taka Nuvia

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra, NPC Beruv

Alright!” Viltia’s smile was unrestricted as her fist pumped the air. “Let’s go get something to eat, then technically Beruv is supposed to be done working, so we can bug her then!

About an hour full of food and good, yet quiet, conversation later (with some boring plate cleaning added in for good measure), the two were back on the swamp floor, the sunlight all but gone from the sky. The overall ambiance noise of the swamp had shifted and changed as the day Rahi clocked out and the nighttime insects clocked in. Now night prowlers could occasionally be heard in the distance, glorying over their successful hunts.

At night, two extra guards were added to the rotation, one standing atop the mine entrance hut and one up on the forge hut. Viltia knew better than to greet the guard on the forging hut and distract him, but she was so excited she almost did anyway. 

Once inside, Beruv laid out some unrefined protodermic ores. To the casual eye, they all looked the same. She took out a lightstone and shone it upon the ores. Now the differences could be seen if one looked closely. “Let’s start from the beginning. In the past, Kanoka were forged by pouring liquid protodermis into special molds. Often, this would be repeated multiple times before the disk was finalized. The power level and Metru designation of each disk was determined by the qualities of the protodermis used, its purity, the proficiency of the one forging the disk, and fate, or blind luck if you prefer that.

Because of that, Kanoka crafting was half science, half art, and even the best forgers would take several tries to achieve what they wanted. Or so I’ve been told. I didn’t get out much back in my village with Viltia.” Beruv shrugged, “Everyone I’ve talked to here agrees with this information, so it can’t be too off.

Beruv picked up one of the ores, “But here, on Zakaz, everything is different. If you look closely in the light, you can see five different types of ores. Silver, red, blue, black, and green tints. Hues so slight it’s sometimes hard to tell them apart. But with these hues came clarity. Silver means no power, even when added to another ore. But I’ve found and tested that adding Red and Black together will always give you a Regenerate power, always!

This blows my mind. It means we finally have a way to know for certain what disc we will create. It’s amazing. Even the other colors all have their own set designations. With this knowledge, I was able to create all eight versions of the normal Kanoka powers and a Toa Disk of Fire and Earth.” Her optics sparkled in the glow from the lightstone, “And guess what, Viltia? I made another breakthrough today. I decided to keep quiet when you asked me about taking lessons so I could tell you both right now.

Beruv walked over to her workbench, grabbed a green disk, and returned, showing them a Toa Disk that held within it the power of Air, “You can add three ores together at once. I figured out how to make the rest of the Toa Disks! Well, okay, I haven’t figured out Light or Shadow for some reason, but I’ll get there.

Viltia shifted in her seat, still excited. She kept quiet for the sake of Sidra. She didn’t want to impair the other’s learning. Still, she smiled, glad for her friend figuring more out.

Now,” Beruv said, pointing at the one in the power slot of the Air Toa Disk, “There are other things that have changed. As you can see, I haven’t been able to get above a power level one disk until recently. The reason why, as it turns out, is a combination of temperature level control and adjustments during the entire process, the number of reforgings, the quality of the molds, the amount of ore used, and the ability of the forger to properly maintain all these things. It turns out the crafting process itself is actually more difficult than back home, where almost anyone could pour liquid protodermis into a mold.

But Torch and I have been busy creating molds, tools, and filtration systems to control purity. Oh, another benefit to Zakazian Kanoka crafting is the Metru designation. It seems to me right now that the lowest level of purity is an Onu-Metru designation, and I’ve been able to raise the purity to the point where I can consistently get a Le-Metru designation. That indicates to me that we can control what Metru designations we desire. What we need now is to continue upgrading our tools to then be able to make better tools from those.

Okay, but I can tell you what combinations make what later, let’s get some hands on experience with both of you crafting your first disks.” She handed both of them heavy gloves, “We’ll start small tonight, but I plan on whipping you two into proper apprentices in no time.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler Feel free to jump us to the next day if Sidra doesn't have any questions.

Location - The desert (8, 9), the Cube

With - 5 Vehicle NPCs

He had lost focus.

But who could blame him! Being constantly on the lookout was dreadfully boring after two days of only minor course corrections. Even sleeping didn’t help take the monotony out of it. So Cravious sat at the Cube’s command console with his fine tuning hands on as he built a muscle system for an Aspect’s face. He still occasionally looked up, but his attention was on the partial face in front of him.

He was actually able to force Aspects to use widgets to get his artificial bodies. That’s how good they were. An Aspect could mimic all the fine tuned movements that displayed emotion while maintaining a tough structural integrity. But it wasn’t easy work, nor quick work. The head before him was several weeks in the making already since he didn’t work on it full time, but the time investment was worth it for the money his artificial bodies brought in.

Another day passed as he continued south.

22 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Atamai: Cavern

Atamai groaned as he sat up. “We’re here in our time. The future, for you,” he stated bluntly. “Where you should not be.”

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

The guard rose his full height, a smidgen less tall than Atamai. His large gauntlets seemed to far outweigh the rest of his proportions. His eyes narrowed on Atamai as he spoke, and his face contorted with hidden deeper revelations. "You are a liar, but your words are true. You say this is the future? Release me to the hounds of time then, thief. Let me see what becomes of my promised land. Upon beholding it, I shall cherish the time I have been given before finding such powers to return again."

"Normal words please."

"And you! Witch! You dare besmirch the pointed lines of far crossed Destiny and journey without regard to the chained implications of your actions into the beyond?"

"So... no normal words," Tuyet said with a grunt as she looked to Atamai, a hand pressed against her wound. "Should we leave him?"

• Like 1

Happy chat.

6 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Viltia shifted in her seat, still excited. She kept quiet for the sake of Sidra. She didn’t want to impair the other’s learning. Still, she smiled, glad for her friend figuring more out.

“We’ll start small tonight, but I plan on whipping you two into proper apprentices in no time.

She said nothing while Beruv gave her lesson. The more she spoke, the more Sidra came to be certain that she'd wound up in exactly the right place, with exactly the right people. If Dume had come from this world, and the temples here had slots for the Great Disks, then it stood to reason that the Great Disks themselves had come from Zakaz as well. If that was the case, then maybe Kanoka-crafting techniques developed here would be better suited for Sidra's intended task. 

"I... have an admission to make," she finally said, once Beruv's explanation was over, "My interest in disk-forging isn't purely out of curiosity." It was a risk to admit her true intentions, but a calculated one. The people of this village genuinely seemed intent on establishing a peaceful multicultural enclave for themselves, far from the strife and struggles of what remained of the Matoran Universe. She would have to explain her plan to them sooner or later, and she got the sense these people would be more trusting of her if she was up-front from the outset. "I want to create a new Great Disk." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Nektann, Tahtorak of Rain | The Ash Barrens

I am the rain.

A great rain began to fall upon the Ash Barrens, cooling the lava and causing massive clouds of steam to rise into the air and hide the far off coast. It poured and poured, falling in sheets without abating. 

I am the water.

Mud began to form, and the warskaks' war rigs began to sink into the volcanic earth.

I am in all things.

A terrifying quake trembled the ground as Nektann took his first step to the East. Ancient petrified trees crushed under foot into powder. 

And they cannot see.

The shadow of the tahtorak loomed over the Ash Barrens to the East, and he took another step.

And they take away from all I want.

His head turned to the north and sniffed the wind. He smelled them, the filth clinging to their trashy village along the coast.

And leave me with nothing.

He would make them learn about the power of water.

But the rain.

He began his march to the Rig.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Taja | The Desert

It seemed that she barely fallen asleep before she was woken again. Taja's eyes flew open, and she sat up as a unearthly cry echoed over the landscape. She had never heard such a sound before, but it seemed to pierce to the very core of her being and fill her with terror. Her heartbeat thundered in her ears. She didn't know what creature had unleashed that roar, but her instincts told her to fear it.

The Toa staggered to her feet, her fatigue forgotten. "What..." she faltered. "What was that?"

OOC: I'm bending time a little here, but I didn't want Whisper and Taja to miss hearing the Tahtorak. @Nato the Traveler

IC: Whisper - The Desert

"A Tahtorak," she intoned gravely. She didn't know for sure, but she didn't know of any other creature on Zakaz that could create such a terrible bellow. The last Tahtorak had been destroyed when the skull had fallen from the sky; it made sense for the skakdi to raise another. "A monster raised by the rituals of the warskaks."

@Eyru

”No, actually, I think we should let him see what’s outside. Just for a minute, and then you can take him back-“

Atamai paused briefly, then looked around the cavern. He eyed the machine again, and examined the slag of the disks of time. He closed his eyes, and the six pieces of slag began to morph and twist, until they had changed into perfect spheres. He picked them up and put them away in his satchel. 

”Mata Nui, grant me the power to teleport myself and others, as long as I have been to the destination within the last two weeks.”

”Input: Accepted.”

Atamai turned back to Tuyet and the newcomer. “Dume didn’t believe me either when I told him I was from the future, but maybe you will if I show you.”

He stretched out his hands to them.

”Ready?”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Taja | The Desert

Tahtorak.

The name alone sent a chill down her spine. It brought to mind glowing eyes and flashing teeth and the metallic smell of blood.

The Skakdi hadn't needed a Tahtorak to bring Po-Koro to its knees. She remembered helping injured Matoran from the destruction and wondering at how easily the raiders had pillaged the little settlement. With a monster on their side... they would be unstoppable.

But she needed to stop it. She couldn't just stand by and watch her people be ground to dust under the heels of the warskaks. She needed to get stronger. If the marauders had rituals like that, then maybe there were others. Secret knowledge hidden in the temples Whisper spoke of. Ancient rites that could challenge even the monster whose roar turned her blood to ice in her veins.

"Let's go, then," she said. "We don't have any time to waste. Where's the closest temple?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Whisper - The Desert

"The nearest may be buried beneath the skull that brought you all here, or... perhaps the one on the icy slopes is closer," she turned around, inspecting her surroundings. She hadn't paid much mind to the temples beyond their use as landmarks. "The largest, however, is in the swamps." 

@Eyru

With - Sidra

Viltia’s smile drooped as she looked at Sidra in the glow of lightstones and the nearby forge, though the change was rooted in confusion, “Great Disk? Is that like great Kanohi? Because that’s why I want to learn how to craft discs. I’d love to try out all the masks of this world.” Viltia turned to Beruv, her source of everything about Kanoka, “What’s a Great Disc?”

Beruv shrugged, “I wasn’t ever taught about Great Discs back where we lived. To me they are a legend I heard once. I think it was a story about Metru Nui, if I recall correctly. I assume they must be discs above power level eight.

Viltia turned back to Sidra, utterly confused. She hadn’t ever heard of Great Discs that she could remember, was just told they were just a legend, and now Sidra wanted to create a new one, implying there was an old one!

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

"Oh, they're no legend. I saw some of the originals in Metru Nui, before the world fell apart," Sidra said, "From what I understand, they were supposed to be the most powerful Kanoka ever made, powerful enough that bringing all six together could create a Disk of Time." Sidra was beginning to get a sense of how privileged she'd been to witness Dume's plan, to discern the facts behind the legends.

A few weeks ago, everything she was saying would have sounded insane to her. 

But now she knew the truth. 

"Unfortunately, the Great Disks were destroyed. I was there, I saw it happen," she continued, "But I recently found out there's a temple on this island with a door that requires a Great Disk to open it. I want to make a new Great Disk so I can find out what's inside." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

With - Sidra

Viltia’s optics filled with wonder. “No way! That’s so cool! Great potted plants, there’s so much I don’t know.” Her mind was filled with possibilities. Great Discs, the power of time, temples with hidden rooms! The recent change from a Matoran to a Toa in combination with discovering a world she never knew had opened her mind to accept a great many things that she might dismiss before, like a Grand Wish or a Great Disc. The knowledge Sidra spoke so casually was mind blowing to the young Toa. “But could we, us, actually do that?” she turned to Beruv, “Could we do that?

Beruv looked puzzled and took a few moments to respond, obviously not taking the information in like Viltia was, “Well, if what Sidra says is true, which is crazy if it is, and Great Discs are real, then I still would have no idea how to even begin figuring out how to make one. Although with this new ore and its different properties, who knows what the limits are now?” Beruv put her hands on her hips, thinking. “You said you found a temple. Did it offer any clues on how to make a Great Disc? ‘Cuz I’d have no clue how to begin, other than continuing to upgrade our equipment.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler Achievement unlocked, Decimate the Minds of the Unlearned

"I have an idea," she said, carefully drawing her sword and holding it out for them to see, "I retrieved this sword from a Suva near the temple I'm trying to get into. It has some pretty... interesting properties." She jabbed the blade towards a nearby rock, unleashing a powerful blast of ice that blanketed the unsuspecting stone in frigid frost. "I think if I melted it down, forged it into a Kanoka, it could work as a new Great Disk of Ice... but I'd need your help to build up my skills first."  

@Kal the Guardian

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

With - Sidra

Viltia’s jaw dropped. It straight up dropped. Sidra had said earlier that day that she didn’t have an element. That meant the sword was straight up magic! It was a white so pristine it reminded her of her old village’s protector Toa of Ice, before the Skakdi killed him. The hate started to boil for a moment as she suddenly remembered how she felt about Skakdi, but Viltia was able to actually push it aside. Sidra was more important than some far off threat that might never bother them again.

She refocused on the sword, so… cool. Viltia turned to Beruv, excitement barely contained.

Beruv tilted her head and pondered the possibilities. “Reverse crafting? I… that might actually work if the sword has power. I’ve never seen a powered weapon before, so anything’s possible.

Yes, yes!” Viltia shouted in joy, forgetting the need to remain quiet while in a hut on the floor of the Fau Swamp.

Beruv chuckled, “Well alright. Let’s get to work, then! This’ll take many days of learning, and many days more of application.

That was easy. She'd been expecting the pair to take more convincing, or demand something in return. Almost too easy? For a moment, she wondered if there was ulterior motive to their apparent eagerness to help her, but she dismissed the thought as quickly as it came. Everything she'd seen of this village - the beings of differing species cooperating together, their naive lack of knowledge regarding what was happening elsewhere on the island, Viltia's wide-eyed wonder at Sidra's stories - suggested their generosity was genuine. 

Still, she didn't feel comfortable getting something for nothing. Everything she owned had been earned, traded or bought in exchanged for her services as a Dark Hunter. Perhaps once the work was done and she found out what Nuva was, she would return to this village? She had nowhere else to go, after all, and the people here knew nothing of her past. It was as good a place as any to start over. 

But that was a decision for another day. 

"Let's get started, then," she nodded.

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

Truly this was some delicious cake. The spongy moist texture of this yellow confection brought a rare sense of enjoyment to the mind of the stone-faced skakdi. Ysocla was amazed that such a creation could actually come from one of her kind, as she would expect them to be too focused on destroying each other to create something so tasty. Perhaps it had been stolen from one of the other races. She’d have to ask Lady Yumiwak the source later. So caught up was she in savoring this treat that she had almost lost track of the conversation. A question from Zataka clarifying if the land was really called Zakaz had her struggling to avoid rolling her eyes while dutifully chewing away at a forkful of her slice. Of course the island’s called Zakaz. It’s not like it’s a secret.

Such questions were delayed momentarily by a loud cry that could be clearly heard even at their current cruising altitude. There was no mistaking it, and Lady Yumiwak confirmed a second later what Ysocla already presumed: there was a new tahtorak on the loose. The indigo skakdi took a moment to set her fork down and consider the situation. A new tahtorak could mean many things depending on who was in control of it. While Lady Yumiwak was probably correct in that Zakaz didn’t become its current wasteland state due to rampaging tahtoraks, a misused one was still an incredibly large creature of destruction, with the capacity for some very quick localized terraforming. They could very well come into conflict with it, and in their current state there wasn’t much the Panda could do against such a monstrosity. She glanced around the assembled beings. Zataka was fuming over something she would no doubt refuse to explain, Lady Yumiwak looked as interested as someone who desired her own tahtorak would. Her gaze moved to Korio who appeared to be having a nervous breakdown. Her fellow crewmate was so overcome with fear that he was chewing on his own utensils. Now that she thought of it, Korio had acted nervous around the subject of tahtoraks before, though he had never mentioned the reason. She have to talk to him about it later. As she studied her compatriot he turned his gaze to her. Their eyes stared into each other for a moment before she realized she was staring at him with a much more focused gaze than was polite. She adjusted herself to try to give the most reassuring glance she could. If there was any chance they’d be fighting a tahtorak in the future she’d need to try to help him through it.

Before the prolonged eye contact could get even more awkward the moment was interrupted by Zataka launching into an outburst at people who weren’t there. As the titan stood up to mutter grumpily some more Ysocla noticed that the captive had not eaten any of her cake. Such a waste of good food. Ysocla would not forget this heinous act.

“So...are we going to pretend we didn’t just hear some mythical beast roar out there?” the captive asked, dodging the need to explain herself.

That depends. Are we going to pretend that we didn’t just hear you ramble about how something needed fixing only after we confirmed to you that this is Zakaz?” the engineer asked, breaking her silence in the conversation. “From my perspective it seems pretty clear that you know things about here despite being a newcomer who’s killed every native you’ve encountered so far. It doesn’t take a mask of telepathy to know that you knowing something is broken in relation to our world is a big deal, possibly bigger than a new mythical creature roaming around. Thing is, we won’t know for sure unless you give us some information about it. Who knows, if it’s important enough we might even try to help you solve your problem.

Not likely, she thought, But it’s worth a shot.

OOC: @Tarn@Vezok's Friend@EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Dar Poroka Toden Kakoda Gan | The Silver Sea

Splooosh!

Poroka hit water like cannonball. Make big splash! Hope somebody see it.

Sink under water. No need hold breath—Poroka live in water too. Poroka's amferbious.

Lots of bubbles. Hard to see. But Poroka can tell which way up. So start swim. Big feet make easy swimming. Many arms help too! Move fast. But something feels not right. Feels like... arms not move good? Feeling funny.

Poroka try look at arm, but eyes not see so good. Poroka's feeling woozy.

Wake up, Poroka!

Not sleepy. Just funny. And water's funny, too. Feeling kinda... spicy.

Poroka gotta bad feeling about this—

Suddenly there's big light! Poroka hurts! Make angry, but roar don't help! Just bubbles!

Feeling stretchy—

Feeling squishy—

Feeling spicy—

Too hot! Too hot! Ow! 

Water keep making hot!

Stop please!

Sto—

The peaceful waters of the Silver Sea suddenly erupt in a shower of sparkling liquid. A monstrous figure rises from the water on two vast wings. Each beat of the gigantic wings sounds like a thunderclap. The figure seems to unwrap itself, revealing its hulking body to be a mass of tentacles. It opens its maw and roars into the night, as if challenging the Tahtorak that roared only moments ago.

It rises into the sky, a shadow against the stars. Its wings flap once, and it is gone.

• Like 7

IC [Coliseum]:

The elevator rumbled and Otis began to ascend. Metal ached and the cables hoisting the cabin were singing their displeasure at the weight they were now asked to move. Despite those league engineers that had survived putting in the work to repair as much of the city as they could, the impact had taken its toll on the infrastructure. And the lift was no longer perfectly straight and some of its features were no longer working. Luckily for Otis, the voice key access was one of them.

It was a long way up still before the ACR emerged in the storage room on 50th level. It was still full of sealed bags of coffee beans, but now in addition, there was cocoa powder. Lord Pridak’s personal supply, going by the labeling, and, as they noted, not to be tempered with under penalty of death. Behind him, the lift doors closed as the cabin was called down again.

The homing signal Otis was following showed he was still a ways away from the source: this supply depot was located at the top of one of the large sub-structures that made up the coliseum and was connected via circular walkway to the others. The office turned throne room was located the next section over. 

-----

As Aurax retreated, Pridak followed. He had the Toa on his backfoot, he wasn’t going to stop pressing his attack now. His betrayal would not go unpunished.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

Slowly, Ulkarr raised himself from the floor, his impromptu relaxation ended.

"I am restored. Now, please, get me off this flying mechanical contraption. This body would not survive the short way down."

@BULiK@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Ostrox, Gnabol and Klawne (Metru-Koro, The Razorfish, Exterior)

"Yes, yes I did." Ostrox said, matter-of-factly. "So... what happens now?"

"...Thank you." Gnabol seemed to be taken aback by Nale's sudden acceptance. He turned back to Mazor. "I… expected more resistance, if I’m honest. I legitimately did not think we would make it this far."

Klawne wasn’t sure how she felt about letting Skakdi - even infant ones - into the village, but she had no real say in anything anyway, so she had no right to object.

@Nato the Traveler@Tarn@Smudge8@Onaku@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

This time, Achro anticipated the sword punch. He made it look like it had knocked him backwards - before immediately lunging back towards Oreius.

Well. Clearly the revolver wasn't working. As he floated in an arc above the warlord, Waveahk suddenly reset his gravity back to default, and fell upon Pridak from above, intending to pierce his armour with his sword.

@Vezok's Friend@Eyru@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Tekmo (The Moat Airspace, The Wombat)

"Look, this is no substitute for an actual parachute, it’s only worked for me once before. If you’re absolutely certain there’s no other option, then, uh… hold onto me. Again."

@Sparticus147@Onaku@BULiK

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

"I’m fine, I’m fine. There’s… there’s no more noise. Did we win? We’re not dead, I think, but that doesn’t mean anything."

@Tarn@Taka Nuvia@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"The villagers have agreed to negotiate a ceasefire," she said, "We're heading back to Metru Nui, so we can make our report, and they can make their case."

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

“I would behold this land,” the guard said as he stepped forward and grasped Atamai’s hand with his monstrous gauntlet. “Begin the… journey.”

“I think I’m gonna sit this one out, Buddy,” Tuyet said as she leaned back and half-sat against a broken crate. She waved to leave. “I’m in no condition to keep zipping about. Don’t worry, I’ll be totally fine. This is not like the worst thing that’s happened. We’ll see each other soon or something… You know, soon for me. Because of the… Oh nevermind just go.”

The guard's eyes narrowed, but he said nothing and awaited Atamai's teleportation to the outside world. He would see this land of the future. All things had their purpose and their function.

ooc: @~Xemnas~

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Fau Swamp

The first direction Sorilax remembered and set out in proved to lead them to a long ravine full of carnivorous brambles. An earthquake occurred in the last few decades, and the mutagenic bog water filled the bottom of the ravine like a glass half empty. It smelled putrid, and glistened a murky tope blended with various hues of green. It seemed like a nearly insurmountable obstacle, then Sorilax remembered another route. 

Two Nui Jaga and a bog snake later, the duo found themselves at the ruins Sorilax remembered. It was indeed small, only a single tower overrun by the roots of the banyan trees. Several fikou spiders made their webs nearby, thick sticky strings of silver gossamer dangling across the open spaces in the canopy. The tower, Sala could tell immediately, had a matoran architectural style, but one he may have seen on a data pad from the Archives in Metru-Nui. It was old design: simple stacked stones to form the round walls, with faded and indiscernible white painted lines and shapes across the exterior. The paint seemed newer than the building, perhaps done by a particularly hedonistic individual. However, there was only a slight problem with their arrival: they weren’t alone.

A ga-matoran wearing a mask of shielding was throwing rocks into the swamp from the half-sunken staircase of the temple’s entry. Her frustration sailed, skipped twice, and plopped beneath the sludge. With each rock she thew her voice seemed more strained as she let obscenities fly. She didn’t seem to have noticed Sala and Sorilax’s arrival, so intent on letting her frustration out and so confident in her solitude.

“I shouldn’t have tried to impress her! Big mistake! I can’t even blog about it! I give up, this is ridiculous!”

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax continued to back away, hoping that the attacks from the others would distract the warlord.

IC, OTIS: Coliseum

The mech suit made its way to the circular walkway, and began to walk across it toward where the throne room was located.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

Atamai took the stranger's hand, activated his mask, and whisked them away. 

When they came to, the two were standing in the abandoned for that Atamai and his companions had found previously. 

"This was a fort built by the Skakdi that are native to this island," Atamai said. "It seems to have been abandoned after..."

Atamai turned and pointed to the giant robotic head in the distance.

"...after the head of Mata Nui, or his body, anyway, landed over there. That's where myself and the other refugees came from. 

"Dume called the Mata Nui robot "the Ark." You can see that it didn't do its job quite right, as we're right back in the place where it was made, apparently."

Atamai paused for a moment. "What's your name, stranger, and what was the name of this island in your time?"

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Zakaz, the Northern mountain border near the toxic lake

Axxon look at the fallen head of Mata-Nui with an unreadable expression. Slowly, with the meticulous practice of a devotee, he fell to his knees and began to pray. The words rolled forth without sound, but the air was palpable and thick with ceremony. At the end, he took a pinch of earth in his hands, absorbed the energy, and sighed. 

The prayers concluded, he turned to look at Atamai. He did not stand, instead leaning on the shaft of his halberd as he continued to kneel.

“Mata-Nui was to be our eternal salvation, born of our collective dreams just as the darkness was wrenched from our hearts and nightmares. We would be protected from the imminent darkness of the Krom’s abandonment. This morning I woke with the desire to see Mata-Nui rise, and now this evening I behold him cast upon the very landscape we promise to flee. It is true then: the cycle is inescapable. We all have our designated function, our destiny. There is no escaping this expanse or our path. We will eventually return.

“I am hailed as Axxon, a guardsman of the Forge of the Heart Flame. My obligation is to Mata-Nui, and the innocent souls of the island he seeks to save. The sacred earth we stand upon was recalled by many names. Some call it Xa, the primordial nothing. Some call it Krom-Nui, the home of our origin. Others call it Mata-Nui in honor of our freedom. I prefer Mata-Nui, for this is an island of prophecy now and I would use the words for it.”

At last, he stood. Sunlight glittered off his silver armor and warmed the reds of his inorganic exodermis. “Do not be deceived: while you elucidate true I do not trust you. You still hold sacred relics I must spirit home with me. And if you will not concede peacefully I will do what Duty demands. Now I have answered your questions. Answer mine: do our makuta still blossom as we wilt? How does the star witch journey from my time to now? And why do you seek what lies behind the nuva doors?"

A massive roar echoed across the landscape. Faint, but like distant thunder so far North. Axxon shifted his footing. "And what was that?"

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 4

Happy chat.

On 7/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Rose - Pridak's Throne Room

"Son, you've been hit by a Vahki staff," Rose replied. How do you handle something like this? She had to wait for the effect to wear off, at least, but she was never sure how long they lasted. And that meant keeping Saybo restrained until his head cleared. 

She could knock him out, perhaps. [KARZAHNI], it...worked before. But she'd rather solve the problem than keep him out of the fight longer. With a sigh, Rose wrapped her arm around Saybo and put the Ga-Toa in a headlock. She really wished she was doing this to Pridak instead.

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

Saybo was entirely unprepared for the headlock. His head didn’t even know how to process it. It wasn’t exactly an action that was trying to injure Pridak or his allies, but at the same time Saybo needed to leave the headlock to defend Pridak and his allies.

In the end he simply struggled with no finesse or technique, since he had never really learned hand to hand combat. His hands feebly tried to remove the protosteel force of Rose’s arm as she held him in place, the Toa of Fire making his own strength seem as if his organic protodermis muscles had been deteriorating for thousands of years. He continued his mumblings, not aware of Rose’s words, “Must defend Pridak and his allies. Must defend Pridak and his allies.

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend

21 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"Let's get started, then," she nodded.

With - Sidra

Viltia nodded in agreement. It was time to get down to work. She was more excited for her future than she had been in years now. It felt good to feel normal again. She really liked that Sidra had showed up.

Beruv took them over the essentials that evening. She explained the forge and how it functioned. She explained the precautions one had to take when using it. She also talked about adding fuel and being able to discern the heat just from the color of the flame.

Then the teaching moved to the tools required to hold the melted protodermis and pour it in the molds. She explained the importance of always having water nearby to cool tools that were getting too hot or new tools that were being forged. Then she had them both craft their first disk. Both as simple as possible. They had green hued ore in abundance, so they both ended up making a level one Onu-Metru Kanoka of Remove Poison.

As the discs cooled and hardened, Beruv explained briefly about multiple reforgings and their purpose, barely going over how to tell when a reforging was necessary. It was getting late, and they had already learned much today. True knowledge would come with repeated practice.

Once fully cooled and tested, Beruv engraved the numbers on, handing each one in turn to their respective creators. “Level one Remove Poison. And both of them function, at that! I would cherish this beginning.

Viltia hugged the disc to her chest. “I will, I certainly will. Oh Sidra, I’m so glad for your advice. This was way more fun than I thought it would be. I didn’t feel weird at all!” She beamed, so proud of the new skill that was being formed inside her. Finally, a skill that could be refined through knowledge and persistence. Her Toa powers were so vague and required a ton of mental training to get anywhere. It was kind of discouraging despite the power feeling so amazing when she used it. It was good to have something more concrete to focus on.

Location - Ruins of Fire

Well the Tahtorak hadn’t been hard to spot and avoid. The massive creature had storms surrounding it like a cloak of natural disasters. The storms clung to it like the reek of death it was sure to leave in its wake.

It had forced Cravious much farther east than he had planned, but the strange ziggurat before him proved potentially beneficial to his endeavors. He had never been one to seek out the sacred spaces of the Aspects, but maybe there were a few here? It was worth it to check it out if it meant avoiding the Fau Swamp, despite the concern that grew in him as he approached the entrance.

He had grabbed all his gear and weapons, but had left his crew behind. They needed to keep the Cube safe. This place wasn’t to be trusted.

Cravious stood in the opening, steeling himself against the strange feelings he was getting from this place. After a minute of thought, he straightened his back and strode inside, quite surprised to find a great many beings of various species he had never seen before. But his focus was on his prize. There were several Aspects in the room.

He bellowed with a grin on his gaunt looking face, “I am here to be Desecrated. Any takers?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ and I suppose the hundreds of other PCs in the Ruins of Fire as well.

• Like 3

IC: Sala (The Fau Swamp)

For two days the pair traveled through the swamps, first coming across the large flooded ravine. For nearly the entire morning, the pair was left stumped, trying their best to think of any way to bypass the vast putrid obstacle. The problem was solved when Sorilax remembered the last time he had come across the ravine and found an old route he had taken once before.

Making their way through along the trail, Sala and Sorilax came upon what appeared to be two rival Nui-Jagas, seemingly fighting over territory. Not risking getting in the middle of these two venomous, large, and already severely irritated rahi, the two chroniclers took the time to study the pair, Sala and Sorilax correlating their knowledge concerning the rahi species and Sorilax pointing out minute differences between the two rahi and how the swamp's mutagens had affected the pair. There they sat and watched till eventually night came and the two Nui-Jagas parted...amicably? They at least parted in more or less one piece and with night upon them, the two made camp and rested.

Upon the next day the pair continued their journey, eventually reaching a deep patch of marshland that the two were forced to trod through. Trudging through the waist deep bog water, the two were having a fairly good time considering everything, till lunging out of the water was a great bog snake, one much larger than an ordinary bog snake.

Before either of them could react, the monstrous snake had already wrapped itself around Sorilax, its great crushing force just halted by the shadowy limbs instinctually formed by the aspect. Sorilax, slow to react from his timeless sense of perception, was left momentarily stunned in thought over how best to escape the current predicament he was in...Till a Rhotuka came flying in and blasted the bog snake in the back of the head, just before it dug its fangs into Sorilax's frame.

As the Rhotuka flew, a quiet noise akin to that of blasting steam and crackling frost filled the space, the humid air that the Rhotuke passed through turned into a frosty trail of mist and ice. Upon impacting, the great searing heat that the Rhotuka was building up as it flew was released all at once, striking the serpent and leaving a branding mark upon its large head. A second past and then a blade was seen crashing down into the swampy water, cleaving the bog snake in twain and freeing Sorilax as its pieces fell into the water.

Sorilax looked down at the pieces of the bog snake now floating in the murky water before looking back up at Sala. “Well, well, well, very good, ol’ chum! I will admit sudden action isn’t my forte and that Rahi certainly had me in a bind. Thank you very much indeed."

"By the way, what did you do there with that strange power? That wasn’t from your Kraata, was it?”

“Ye..Yeah, I think that was from the Rhotuka launcher. So that what my Rhotuka is then.” Sala said, as the launcher itself began to retract into its normal position. As Sala looked down towards the remains of the snake as it floated and sunk into the bog, a smile came across the Su-Matoran’s face at what he had just done. Protecting a friend.

~~~

With another days travel, at last, they had made it to their destination. A lone tower, nestled in between the thick canopy of the Fau Swamp. As the pair approached, Sala took notice of it's architecture. It was distinctly Matoran, not the architecture of Metru-Nui, but of Matoran villages that dwelled beyond the once city of legends. In fact, Sala thought the designs took particular resemblance to designs that Sala had found once before upon tablets deep within the old Archives.

"Matoran architecture? Huh, I knew about the ruins and I think I remember Sorilax mentioning that Matoran used to live here, but I don't think he mentioned anything about the Matoran themselves making the ruins. I suppose it mak-"

Sala's train of thought upon the design of the temple was interrupted as he saw a sight that he couldn't possibly image finding out here in the middle of the Fau Swamp. A Matoran, a Matoran of all people, out here in the middle of swamp with seemingly no one around to even protect them. As Sala stared and gawked at this individual, Sala's mind raced upon the possible reasons for why a Matoran would be here, trying to find any sort of logic in why they would be here. Till they spoke.

“I shouldn’t have tried to impress her! Big mistake! I can’t even blog about it! I give up, this is ridiculous!”

What! That made even less sense and left even fewer possibilities for why they were here. Karz! The remaining possibilities were descending into illogical possibilities for why they were here. But for whatever reason they were here, it didn't matter, for Sala at least took notice at just how loud the Ga-Matoran was being. And them throwing those rocks into the water, at this rate, they are going to catch the attention of something they don't want the attention of.

Putting out a hand for Sorilax to wait just a second, Sala broke from the brush they were somewhat obscured by and began a casual pace towards the Matoran, which was more of a brisk pace within Avagah. As Sala approached, he called out to the Matoran, making sure to be loud enough for them to hear but not loud enough for anything else to potentially hear, "He..Hey there..Uh um, friend? What uh..What are you doing out here?" 

Stopping once he got halfway towards the Ga-Matoran, Sala activated the mechanism that controlled the latches for the ACR and raised the chestpiece and headpiece, revealing that Sala wasn't some sort of near black, toa-sized, long armed thing but was rather just a Su-Matoran.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

"Look, this is no substitute for an actual parachute, it’s only worked for me once before. If you’re absolutely certain there’s no other option, then, uh… hold onto me. Again."

"Well, does it look like I got an actual parachute?" Vulimai said this, finally reaching the Tekmo. Quickly stowing her halberd back onto her back, Vulimai with both her hands wrapped them around the Toa and began to hold on as tightly as she possibly could.

But, just before the two of them made the plunge, Vulimai looked up towards the Toa, "If both of us survive this...I'm going to need to talk to you about something, maybe even get your help on it."

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
Forgot to add Vulimai
  • Like 3

As she turned her own disk over in her hands, Sidra wasn't sure how to respond to Viltia. She'd never inspired anyone before, never been thanked for her words rather than her actions. "I, uh, I'm happy to help," she finally replied, "I was just paying forward some advice that someone once gave me." 

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Druu and Amarth - Escaping The Wombat

Clutching his side with a grimace as he stood up, Druu looked with bewilderment as the giant Poroka tore out of the ship, leaving a gaping hole that was torn open even further by some unseen influence. With a but a glance and a nod exchanged between Amarth and himself, the two of them made their way to the opening,  and as they pulled on their levichutes, they quickly found themselves left behind in the air by the plummeting ship, hanging in the air for a while longer under the influence of their chutes. Long enough that they could witness what had become of Poroka in the deep lake, a strange and twisted creature of wings and tendrils that soon disappeared into the distance.

"I suggest we don't go into that water." Druu dryly remarked, fully aware of how obvious that suggestion would be to his companion.

@BULiK@Toru Nui@Sparticus147

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra had nodded in response to Zaliyah, before noticing her attention getting drawn to a group of people, some of whom she recognised from the Taku earlier. Making her way over, she failed to notice Taja and Whisper arrive and leave in short order, her attention drawn to someone she'd made a promise to. "Kat, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be able to finish your weighed clothes at the moment. The cloth we got is in the New Archives, so you might be able to find someone else to manufacture a suit out of it."

She sighed, looking over to the head looming over the landscape, darkened and eerie under the night sky. "I'm not sure when I'm coming back."

The Toa of Light elected to omit the if from her sentence, but her tone conveyed that part anyway.

@The UltimoScorp@Nato the Traveler@Tarn@Smudge8@Onaku@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui Airspace

The Nynran felt weak to his bones as he looked down at his creation. He let go of the Wombat and jumped, using his armor's flight system to stay hovering in the air. The flames from the jets sputtered, and Knichou's control over his flight was distinctively less agile than before. The Mask of Creation felt like it almost had a mind of its own, and Knichou wasn't sure how it was interfacing with his adaptive armor's systems. He wanted to switch back to his Kakama, but he also knew there was no point in hiding the mask of creation anymore - anyone who had seen what had just happened and knew of the legendary kanohi could put two and two together.

Knichou struggled to stay hovering while he watched the tentacled beast fly away. Knichou didn't think he saw that many tentacles or the wing when the being crashed through the walls of the ship and dived downwards, but he wasn't sure. Best to avoid contact with the sea in any case.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, ???

With Shadow and Silence, the trek through the swamp was fairly uneventful. The largest hurdle had been a ravine blocking them that he had forgotten about. Well, there had been those Nui Jaga as well, but he was able to turn that into a learning experience for Sala, so that worked out. And then there was that Bog Snake, but Sala had surprisingly acted with swift force, rending the danger asunder.

Sorilax had been pleasantly surprised by that. His short friend was growing quite adept with Sorilax’s newly christened Avagah, or Dawnguard. He hoped it wouldn’t become a burden to his friend, though. Gaining power proved to do terrible things to the Aspects he knew.

Satisfaction filled him as they arrived at where he had intended. This place was so small he could have easily missed it. He remembered now that documenting the outside of this place had proved an easy task. He was quite pleased to see it still standing, if not a little more grown over. Now he could show Sala how true chronicling was done as they documented the inside of the structure.

Then the pair noticed someone was already here. A Ga-Matoran was throwing rocks into the swamp. Not a very wise thing to do in the Fau Swamp, regardless of one’s ability to protect themselves. Thankfully Sala stepped forward as a more connectable presence. Sorilax was happy to lend support if needed, but remained where he was. He was proud that Sala was feeling well enough to seek out interaction on his own. Hopefully that meant he was feeling better after all the deaths the two had witnessed around themselves.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

With - Sidra

Viltia yawned, suddenly realizing how late it now was. “Well if you ever get the chance to thank them, their wisdom was appreciated.” She yawned again, blinking her optics, “Wow, I’m tired. I bet it’s all this heat. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. I’ll take you to where you can get outfitted for scouting.” Viltia turned to Beruv and smiled, “And we’ll both see you tomorrow night. Make sure you have Torch keep upgrading our equipment. I demand only the best!” She said the last part with a fake serious voice, before laughing at her own bad joke.

• Like 1

"Thanks again, for taking me in and putting up with my insane ideas," Sidra said to Beruv and Viltia, bidding them goodnight. She set off back towards the route to the treetops, eager to get some rest before what was sure to be an interesting next day. 

@Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Abandoned Fort

Atamai nodded, taking in all of Axonn's information.

"Well, I've heard about Aspects of Makuta, but I don't know anything them. The "star witch", as you call her, has powers of time. Not a whole lot control, though. She was given this power from some kind of machine that can grant a being the powers of up to six Kanoka disks. She absorbed the power of six Disks of Time- the six Great Disks can be fused into one Disk of Time. As for why I want to know about the nuva doors... well, you see the situation we're all in here. I don't know any specific details other than that there's some sort of "boon" beyond the doors, but if this boon can help me and others protect those of us who've been stranded here, I think it's worth obtaining."

Atamai looked down at the disks he held.

"But I can't let you take these disks back. I need that power beyond the nuva door. Dume can make another set- in fact, he will make another set. About a week earlier than where we are now, Dume starts a great scavenger hunt for the disks, promising any Matoran who retrieve a disk the powers of a Toa. I was one of those Matoran. Dume has to be destined to create another set of disks. I just know it."

Just then, a roar broke out. A very, very loud roar. It was nothing like Atamai had ever heard before.

”And what was that?” Axonn asked.

Atamai’s eyes were wide. “I don’t know,” he said. “But it definitely isn’t good. I guess I can add “loud roars that are probably from some giant Rahi” to the list of threats we face here.”

Edited by ~Xemnas~

IC: Okuo

-Ko-Metru Underground-

After extracting the crystal from the machine and putting it into his rucksack, Okuo gave a final once-over of the place. Swiping his hand in a certain way, he brought up in his HUD a 3d map he had of Metru-Nui, data he’d repurposed and modified for the current circumstances to provide himself some point of reference during his salvage expeditions in the ruined underground of his home city. Fortunately enough, a handful of the network nodes he’d hidden away throughout the city had survived its cataclysmic destruction, and still provided him with a yet encrypted signal, allowing him to triangulate his position relative to the city and cross-reference it with the map. 

Unfortunately, most of the time this was of little help, since no signal could reach that deep into the Archive depths. Only on occasion could he make his way back up to the surface to reconnect with his network and find out where exactly he was located, with a handful of markers now on his map for where he’d popped up briefly before.

This place, this structure, couldn’t be allowed to get lost again. Tapping into his network receiver, he was pleasantly surprised to see one signal reached him, but grimaced as he realised that one signal wasn’t enough to triangulate his position. Promptly, he got back on his board, went invisible, and began levitating up to the ceiling of the massive chamber, repeatedly checking to see if he still had signal. Finally, touching base with (though not actually touching it, no need to risk testing the structural integrity of) the ceiling, Okuo smiled, seeing another signal appear on his list. Two signals. Not enough for perfect triangulation, but it was still something.

After a short bit of processing, a small ring of possible locations came up for him on the map. For the most part, the ring clipped outside the map, but two sections of it became apparent. One went down through the Po/Ga-Metru border to the north. Clearly not where he was right now, he recalled the crystalline structure pierced into the underground he’d encountered earlier, and indeed the other one went down through Ko-Metru. Fortunately for Okuo, he knew about at what height he had to be underground to be receiving these signals. 

With all of that data combined, he managed to narrow his current possible location down to a small band from the surface of the Metru down to the depth at which he invariably lost all signal, more than enough to find this place again.

Thus, having marked down the location of a broken down transmat device, Okuo made his way out of the chamber, intent on returning here when he had sufficient tools to study it, break it apart, or even repair it. His thoughts lingered on the possibilities of the portal for a short while, until finally his focus returned to navigating his way out of Metru-Nui’s underground. Corridor after corridor, some in worse shape than others to the point of being more cave tunnel than matoran-made structure, the Toa of Fire headed in a direction he knew would lead him to Le-Metru’s underground, and his exit out of the occupied city of Metru-Nui

-Ko- to Le-Metru Underground Border-

Nearing the border between Ko-Metru and Le-Metru, Okuo began to grow hopeful. The pristine architecture, albeit marred by the apocalypse, of the Ko-Metru underground was slowly but surely replaced by the more staight-forward construction of the Le-Metru underground. These tunnels, in part built to accommodate the ever expanding Onu-Metruan Archives, had been constructed in part with materials from the Metru above, lending them a distinct flavor from the particular districts they snaked under at any given time, while still distinctly Onu-Metruan in essence. 

Okuo was close now, he could almost taste the air from outside. That air of hope was abruptly cut off as he collided into a large Muaka turning the corner. Despite him being invisible, the Muaka was now well aware of something being there with it, and with only moments to spare, Okuo took his board and turned it into shield mode, seconds before the Muaka’s head shot forth into him. The sheer force of the impact sent Okuo flying into a wall, a pained wheeze escaping his lips before he quickly had to bring his shield up again, another strike from the Muaka smacking him against the wall behind him, denting it and bruising him.

His shield protected him from the brunt of the impact, to be sure, but a few powerful strikes more from the Muaka pushed past even this, and his body ached all over from the beating. A pained yelp came out as he felt a sharp mangled piece of the wall plating stick into his lower back, and with another strike from the beast, that piece was driven deep in. All the air in his lungs emptied out in a breathless pained gasp in response to being stabbed. In a panic, Okuo raised his hand, letting forth a quick burst of azure flames, the Muaka growling and backing off in response. He’d only bought himself a few moments with that. He’d just been stabbed by wall debris, and a Muaka was still trying to maul him to death. 

The stress of the situation clouding his mind, Okuo couldn’t think too clearly, but one idea came to him despite this. Quickly, before the Muaka could attack again, he let forth another torrent of fire, and with some mental effort he could barely afford, he shaped the flames into a half-circle reaching from floor to ceiling, expanding out a little to drive back the Muaka, cutting it off from himself. The wall of blue flames cast a cold glow on everything in the tunnel, turning the greenish metal of the tunnel teal for a moment.

With great effort, Okuo kept the wall up as he tried to pull himself off the wall. Even with all the care he gave to not mess himself up even more, the extraction was still painful, and he could feel the warm strands of liquid flowing down his lower back and leg as the shard exited the wound. Still keeping up the flaming barrier with one hand, the snarling Muaka on the other side, Okuo dissipated the end of his wall blocking the other end of the tunnel, and began to retreat. He couldn’t afford anything more than keeping the wall up for a few more seconds, so he had to be quick. Shifting his shield back into hoverboard mode, he threw it in front of him and jumped on…

Only to fall over awkwardly as the board clanged uselessly to the floor instead of hovering. With that, his concentration broke completely, and the wall of fire died off. Okuo only had a few seconds to realise what had happened before the Muaka came charging at him, seconds he barely managed to use to bring up his board to block the brunt of the impact, though he was still sent skidding down the corridor. He gasped with pain, picking up his board and shifting it into launcher mode as he sat up. If he couldn’t run, then he had to fight. 

The Muaka was charging him again. Okuo’s eyes moved up, glaring at the rahi, his launcher moving with them. The Muaka growled, closing the distance. Okuo aimed, a skill he’d long practised. The Muaka shot forth its jaws. Okuo pulled the trigger.

A moment later, the Muaka was fast retreating, the taste of a fiery projectile straight into the mouth not having agreed with it in the slightest. Okuo groaned, putting down the launcher and taking out his rucksack, ruffling through them to pull out a roll of bandages which he began to unroll. He stood up, and reached his other hand behind him, wincing at the still bleeding on his back. Taking the unfurled bandages, he quickly began wrapping himself up, putting pressure on the wound to keep more blood from flowing out of him, tightening the whole thing up with a grunt before tying it up. He’d have to have a medic check that out as soon as he was back home…

Back home? With dread, Okuo looked down at his launcher. A moment ago, it hadn’t done its job. Grabbing it, he shifted it into hoverboard mode, and as he suspected, he could see some fractures. Trying it out, his fear was confirmed. The board couldn’t hover any more. His main mode of transportation, the way he’d made his way around for the longest time, was now busted. How was he going to get home? Right now, there was an entire lake of toxic protodermis between him and home. With a sigh, Okuo steeled himself, putting his rucksack back, and placing his board in shield mode onto his back.

Going invisible once more, he then began making his way, on foot, in the direction he’d been going before.

Edited by Onaku
Removed "Le-Metru Underground" and "Fau Swamp Skies" posts for being in violation of game rules.