The Bionicle Universe vs the One Ring

The One Ring is magically teleported to the Great Spirit Robot as of one year before Legends of Metru Nui. Only the Order of Mata Nui is aware of its existence but still does not know its true nature only that it is dangerous and not native to this universe and must be destroyed. Helryx send Botar and Brutaka to locate it however its whereabouts are unknown. If Brutaka and Botar do find it all named Order of Mata Nui agents will attempt to take it back to its native dimension to destroy it. Does the ring corrupt anyone? Is the Order successful? Who is the worst person that could possibly have possession of the ring? Well let me know in your comments.

If the Ring can over come the psychic shielding that each member of the Order of Mata Nui has, then they could be corrupted, and I can easily see Brutaka being chosen for that due to how he fell on Voya Nui. However if the psychic shielding can stop Sauron from accessing the minds of the Order of Mata Nui agents, then they could easily take possession of the Ring and keep it from evil hands.

The real question is why would they want to destroy the Ring in the latter situation; it seems to have no abilities but to psychically manipulate people if they have no proper training, invisibility and slipping out of your grasp if it can get a better situation. Nothing it can do is that big a threat and they'd probably just put it into a vault somewhere and forget it. It's dangerous, but no more than a corrupted Kanohi Huna, and they have bigger problems that they need to spend resources on, so why go on some wide goose chase trying to destroy it when you're preparing for a war with the Makuta or trying to stop excessive Dark Hunter behaviour. Heck, since it is not in it's home universe there might be some way to destroy the One Ring (like energized protodermis). The situation would be different if it can corrupt Order of Mata Nui members, then Brutaka and Axxon would likely be sent to get rid of the Ring, and if they're lucky they could enter Mount Doom on the first jump and chuck it into the lava and see it melt away.

But that's my two cents on if the Order of Mata Nui got their hands on the One Ring.

Because Sauron doesn’t exist in the BIONICLE universe, the Ring may have no power at all. Plus it may inherently have no effect on Order members because they’re technically artificial intelligence. And even if Sauron could communicate with the Ring across the fictional multiverse, he wouldn’t be able to do anything useful with it because he’s not there, and because it’s not in his universe, he would be at a huge disadvantage in the War of the Ring (now the “War of No Ring”). In fact, for all we know, removing the Ring from his universe may have the same effect as destroying it, and he could become powerless. Aragorn might as well stroll into Minas Tirith, kick Denethor out and plop down on the throne without worrying about invasion (though Saruman would still be cause for caution).

If anything, provided the Ring could indeed corrupt the morals of biomechanical beings, then Sauron would have to somehow figure out a way to get it back into his universe, and he would have to somehow use corruption to convince the Order to dimension-hop over the Mordor, but they would probably have no interest in that, because there would be all risk and no gain. If it causes people to become selfish and violent in their universe, they would probably just, as others have mentioned, lock it up and forget it. The real danger of the Ring is that Sauron will get it...which he can't if they stay put.

In my opinion, the story would be a little more interesting if the Ignika and the One Ring switched places. Organic beings couldn't use the Ignika, but at least we already know that its powers can affect any life-form, regardless of composition or origin (it affected several organic beings and Spherus Magna natives over the course of the story, remember), and it is alive and can move on its own. Because at least one faction in each universe needs their respective powerful object, there would need to be some dimensional crossover.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

10 hours ago, Alexander123 said:

But if the ring is placed in a vault then it could tempt individual members or even Helryx herself with all the good they could do with it. Also Teridax hasn't revealed himself so the Order isn't preparing for a war with the Brotherhood at this time to my knowledge.

I think they would lock it up, if their psychic shielding stopped Sauron's corruption, since spending any resources for little to no gain would be useless. Also it doesn't matter if Teridax has revealed his plans at that point, the Brother was up to some dodgy stuff before hand (like the raid on Artakha or hunting down all known toa of iron and magnetism) so taking measures against them would be a decent priority, especially if the ring cannot corrupt Order of Mata Nui agents.

9 hours ago, Cheesy Mac n Cheese said:

Because Sauron doesn’t exist in the BIONICLE universe, the Ring may have no power at all. Plus it may inherently have no effect on Order members because they’re technically artificial intelligence. And even if Sauron could communicate with the Ring across the fictional multiverse, he wouldn’t be able to do anything useful with it because he’s not there, and because it’s not in his universe, he would be at a huge disadvantage in the War of the Ring (now the “War of No Ring”). In fact, for all we know, removing the Ring from his universe may have the same effect as destroying it, and he could become powerless. Aragorn might as well stroll into Minas Tirith, kick Denethor out and plop down on the throne without worrying about invasion (though Saruman would still be cause for caution).

If anything, provided the Ring could indeed corrupt the morals of biomechanical beings, then Sauron would have to somehow figure out a way to get it back into his universe, and he would have to somehow use corruption to convince the Order to dimension-hop over the Mordor, but they would probably have no interest in that, because there would be all risk and no gain. If it causes people to become selfish and violent in their universe, they would probably just, as others have mentioned, lock it up and forget it. The real danger of the Ring is that Sauron will get it...which he can't if they stay put.

In my opinion, the story would be a little more interesting if the Ignika and the One Ring switched places. Organic beings couldn't use the Ignika, but at least we already know that its powers can affect any life-form, regardless of composition or origin (it affected several organic beings and Spherus Magna natives over the course of the story, remember), and it is alive and can move on its own. Because at least one faction in each universe needs their respective powerful object, there would need to be some dimensional crossover.

I don't think Sauron would be completely diminished, but I could see him weakened by the lack of the Ring. More interestingly, it could weaken his control on Saruman, who might not enter the war on Sauron's side; with the One Ring missing, Sauron might seem weaker and Saruman might start petitioning some of the Dark Lord's commanders to change to his side (such a the Black Númenóreans and Harad) with Saruman might style himself as the true Dark Lord.

However if the One Ring's removal does effectively the same thing as it's destruction, I could see the Elves leaving Middle Earth; remember that both Elrond's and Galadriel's power to maintain their realms was partially supported by their rings of power; which used the One Ring as a power source, so it losing power would doom their kingdoms and force them to leave the land.

I do also like the idea of the Ignika and One Ring being switched; although I wonder if some powerful beings like the elves or Gandalf could try and tap into it's power. Admittedly those two would most likely be too cautious and disciplined than to that, but maybe a Ringwraith or Saruman might try.

There are like...453 extremely dangerous artifacts already in the Bionicle universe, many of which are just stored in somebody's safe or something. Whoever finds the ring would probably just go "Another fine addition to my...COLLECTION" and then put it in a box and forget about it.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

• 1 month later...

Well, there are two group of Bionicle people. One are the Matoran Universe people, who are bio-mechanical people with artificial intelligences. The other are Spherus Magna people, who are like humans, aside from mechanical implants. I believe that the Ring can corrupt any Bionicle person as long as Sauron is in the Bionicle universe, whether in the MU or SM. 

People who could be tempted by the ring’s power would be Skakdi, the Makuta species, Brutaka, Takua, Tuyet, Nidhiki, Dark Hunters, Telluris, Metus, Ahkmou, Bone Hunters, Malum, and the Skrall.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)