Darkstar: Inspired By Retinence

My first MOC in 2012, and possibly my greatest work so far. darkstar-2.jpgFront (with angle)BackHolding swordLink to gallery (when public)I got the idea for the backstory as I was writing this topic.Origins:Darkstar is an alias; his real name is Dhallham (pronounced "duh-LAHM"; name meaning "darkness" in Arabic). He is a member of an unknown species, and never discusses his origins with anyone of his colleagues or acquaintances. Darkstar is a mercenary spy who works for the person/organization that offers the most pay-not that he needs any money; he does it to insinuate a sense of self-pride and self-worth to himself. Darkstar does not live anywhere in particular; he has many abodes scattered all around Central, Industrial and Enlightened. Powers:Darkstar possesses a wide array of powers that can be deployed at will; super-sensitive capabilities, super speed, weapon (mostly sword) mastery and elemental power over electricity. He is a skilled warrior with a somehow "belligerent" attitude. He does not turn back on a fight, and never abandons any of the teammates he is (if so very rarely) he is assigned to work with.Personality:Darkstar is a rather solemn, reclusive figure who has a cynical attitude. His care-free demeanor means that nothing motivates him, and also means that he is a recalcitrant character who doesn't submit to anyone's commands, When he is assigned a mission, he executes it in his own way, and doesn't take orders from anyone. This is probably why he has gained much deference and respect from many Enlightened Agents and some rather "unwanted" recognition from the CEO's of the Industrial giants. I am quite happy with how this MOC turned out. The head is completely custom, something rarely used (if ever) on my humanoid MOCs. The torso is custom as well. While I know that some parts (such as the arms) detract quite a lot from the sleek, slender style of the MOC, you must remember that ordering Lego pieces online is virtually impossible where I live, so I only work with what I have. This guy has been visiting me in dreams for three nights until I delved into the process of building him. Not much of an easy task, building out of dreams.The build was heavily inspired by BZPower's member retinence's (not sure if that's how it's spelled) creations, especially Eva Unit 02. I hope you guys like it, and appreciate any comments or criticism you have to offer.:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

He's not bad. Usually, i use ONLY technic parts in my MOCs, with the exception of heartlights.Hey there, Next time, please be sure to include specific discussion of the MOC in your post, such as offering creative criticism.Please see the BBC Forum Rules and Guidelines for more information.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

I really like it! The combination of bricks and technic is perfect, the hands are great, and the head's very, very original.Only thing I don't like is the ankles. Some sort of ankle guard would have been better in my opinion, but it's okay as it is.8.7/10

Thanks dude! The shin armor was placed in such a way that it covered the bare ankles a bit, but I think I like them the way they are.Oh and guess what's still on the shelf?! :P

He's not bad. Usually, i use ONLY technic parts in my MOCs, with the exception of heartlights.

Thanks. I was thinking of only using the flops on the shin but then I realized that he would look much cooler with more system parts.Thanks guys! With any luck I think this topic will get some more recognition, and hopefully, some posts!:tohu:

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

My PBZP? That thing should never be destroyed. It was perfection.

I hear ya http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif:tohu:

I really like it! The combination of bricks and technic is perfect, the hands are great, and the head's very, very original.Only thing I don't like is the ankles. Some sort of ankle guard would have been better in my opinion, but it's okay as it is.8.7/10

Thanks dude! The shin armor was placed in such a way that it covered the bare ankles a bit, but I think I like them the way they are.Oh and guess what's still on the shelf?! :P

He's not bad. Usually, i use ONLY technic parts in my MOCs, with the exception of heartlights.

Thanks. I was thinking of only using the flops on the shin but then I realized that he would look much cooler with more system parts.Thanks guys! With any luck I think this topic will get some more recognition, and hopefully, some posts! :tohu:
I'm definitely not saying the system is bad ! I love the way he looks like a Mech.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing not, since this is probably the best thing I'd ever built! I may post my 300th post special this weekend! :tohu:

The colour scheme on this MOC is amazing. The use of system pieces is fantastic, aspecially around his knees. The backstory you added was nice too. The proportions suit him very well. One thing that is not 10/10 in this MOC is, IMO, the sword. A bit too wide, looks more like an axe or something. However, everything else, especially the legs, custom head and torso are perfect. 10/10, obviously.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

i should say this is one amazing MOC,a very great job buddyi've seen a lot of MOCs with yellow and black colorscheme, somehow it looks so good here, my favourtite parts is that you combine the system and technic parts so well, the torso looks cool, the skinny looking legs looks really proportional on him and that hand is just genius and i also like that little costumization you do with the nuva feet piecesthe only annoying thing i could find here is that red patterened HF armor on his arms, and that sword, looks kinda blunt to me, maybe you could make it longer ?anyway, still, this is a very nice MOC, great job :)

Thank you! The red pattern is actually meant to resemble a symbol of some order that this dude belongs to. I'll explain later (on this weekend if possible). :tohu:

• 3 months later...

This is an amazing moc but lacks I suggest a bulkier design for the legs and bottom arms. But I really like the way this moc looks it inspires me to do something simmilar but I have to much on my mind! :D

╔╗──╔═══╦═══╦══╦════╦╗─╔╗

║║──║╔══╣╔═╗╠╣╠╣╔╗╔╗║║─║║

║║──║╚══╣║─║║║║╚╝║║╚╣╚═╝║

║║─╔╣╔══╣╚═╝║║║──║║─║╔═╗║

║╚═╝║╚══╣╔═╗╠╣╠╗─║║─║║─║║

╚═══╩═══╩╝─╚╩══╝─╚╝─╚╝─╚╝