New Harry Potter Sets Coming This Summer

2020-04-28_Harry_Potter_Set_Announcement
Today LEGO is revealing the next wave of LEGO Harry Potter sets! Coming this August in the US and June everywhere else, these six sets capture events from all over the story in our favorite plastic bricks. From Harry's childhood home to the tallest towers of Hogwarts, there's a little bit of everything to be found here. Read on to check them out and learn all about the new sets!

View the full article

I reacted to these over on Brickset, so I'm just gonna copy and paste:

Ooh, I didn't expect this :o

Nice to see Ginny finally getting acknowledged by the new HP range... it only took three years! Not that she looks that different from the 2010 version, except for a new outfit, but... she's my favourite character, so it's the thought that counts!

Burrow looks like a major improvement over the 2010 version, and I love that there's a Tonks minifigure now; she's on my wanted list for sure, even if the rest of the set isn't! Definitely eyeing up the Room of Requirement, too - mostly for the new Luna (though, annoyingly, I just recently bought a second Cho torso to adapt my 2010 Luna into my Hogwarts Great Hall... could have waited for this version of her and not bothered!) and also THE OTTER PATRONUS. My girlfriend loves otters, I can't *not* get one of that part x3

The Centaurs look neat in the Forbidden Forest set, but otherwise I have no interest in that set - I have a dislike for the movie version of Grawp - and Privet Drive, while I can see the appeal, just kinda gets a shrug from me.

The Astronomy Tower looks really neat; though of the minifigures, only Lavender and Slughorn really interest me, as I have different versions of all the others already. Still, looks like it would go really nicely with my Great Hall, give it a bit more of a complete look ^^

And that Hedwig? I do not need her, but I LIKE A LOT. The way they've captured her feathery texture looks really nice, I'd definitely pick her up at a discount.

All in all, I'm a lot more excited for these than I was for last year's wave. Great job this time, Lego! :D

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Really liking these. I'm definitely going to pick up the smallest set. I've been looking for a nice little way to show a little support for J.K. Rowling after the recent pushback and hatred that has come her way, and this looks just perfect. I'm going to love adding more sparkly animals to my elk from last year. Maybe one day we'll have a whole sparkly little zoo...

Also enjoying the first appearance we're having of LEGO centaurs! I'm not sure their presence can justify me buying a $30 set, but the piece will certainly be useful, and hopefully it shows up somewhere better later.