Does Choking On Your Bionicles Make You Think Of Bionicle?

Nathan Evo

I've been looking forward to seeing this again. Really funny stuff, you really nailed what a studio comic should be. My only complaint is that some are a bit long, which can be a bit of a pain. But other than that, it's one of the best new series I've seen (even if it isn't very new)!

oniban.png

"NEW" COMIC! I know I said it goes downhill from the last comic, but this one's pretty awesome. I should also add that any new guest stars probably won't appear for a while, since I'm mainly doing this to catch up. I still have four comics left to release on here, and I'm spreading it out to increase the topic's lifespan. Strategy FTW. And for the record, all the 2011 Hero sprites were made by me. Anyway, enjoy. Also, happy Halloween, since I guess this may as well count for a special. Edited by Gerlicky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it might be kinda late, but here's the Christmas special from the 2011 Advent Calendar, in case anyone's curious. I really took some risks with this one, but overall I feel like I did okay. Also, I fixed a few inconsistencies with this comic that kinda bugged me in the one released in the calendar, the biggest of which being the department store Turaga Claus's color-changing feet and the misspelled "Calendar" in the title.Either way, this comic will be the last one released in Season 1. Next year, get ready for Season 2, which features bigger panels... and not much else!

Well, it might be kinda late, but here's the Christmas special from the 2011 Advent Calendar, in case anyone's curious. I really took some risks with this one, but overall I feel like I did okay. Also, I fixed a few inconsistencies with this comic that kinda bugged me in the one released in the calendar, the biggest of which being the department store Turaga Claus's color-changing feet and the misspelled "Calendar" in the title.Either way, this comic will be the last one released in Season 1. Next year, get ready for Season 2, which features bigger panels... and not much else!

I loved that Xmas special. And that slide part reminds me of some Christmas special, but I can't put my finger on it (kidding). And your right, a five-year-old does NOT need an iPad! That's kinda greedy. I got my first portable device at age 13. And I'm looking forward to season 2!Edit: And I LOLed at the part when Makito blew up that kids head! But why Makito? Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 weeks later...

Though I doubt anyone knows the other inspirations for the comic were Jack Benny's Christmas specials and Steve Mauldin's touching performance of O Holy Night.

Oh yeah, the watch scene. Jack Benny has his own style of humor, but the way you interpreted that part was actually much funnier in a different way. It's a good thing you didn't try to buy any wallets for anyone...

• 1 month later...

Wow, I just read all of these! I have to say, they're nice and long. Extremely short comics are extremely common. Maybe more common than they are short.I can't really comment on the jokes used in every comic in one post, but I do think it's original to have a bad-tempered obnoxious main character. I'll comment more fully on the next comic you post.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NightOwls!Action! Adventure! Killing as a type of justice!Such fun times, referenced in such fun comics. Chaha."Oh, it's a Gavla series. Now it makes perfect sense." Oh, you.Anyway, I liked seeing a reference to our past project. As well as seeing the "suit" being used in Chimoru. It was very funny.

lovewarconga2.png

Lol. Ahkmou going to jail. Great Billy Mays reference. Oh Karz. Why must Gerlicky be inspired by everything he sees to attempt the impossible and fail? XDTPH will be happy about his reference, I'm sure. Peaceful Negotiations Death Squad? Hilarious.So he does get false justice after all...lol. Where'd you get Tom Igniter's head?

Pk57sNJ.jpg