LEGO Announces 10273 Haunted House

10273_Haunted_House_Announce_teaser_1.jp
Today LEGO is revealing the latest addition to their fairground collection of Creator Expert sets: 10273 Haunted House! Inspired by rides like the Tower of Terror, it features a free-fall elevator attraction and tons of awesome details. The 3,231-piece set will sell for $250 in the US and goes on sale for LEGO VIPs on May 20th (one week away!) and for everyone else on June 1st. To check out all the pictures and a 360-degree look at the model, as well as learn more about its features, read on!

View the full article

This is a really great looking set. I always love when they go into spooky stuff a little and a "haunted house" in the sense of an attraction is something they haven't done before. The Adventurers theming  would not have been my first thought for something like this, but it fits. I very much appreciate the decision to go with an enclosed, themed drop ride for the amusement rides, rather than a simple open one.

I really like the organ made from the candle pieces. I recently made a (much smaller) organ using simple round bricks, and this has me wondering if maybe I should try this style instead. Would be easy enough to do with all the candles I ordered recently.

Unfortunately, I think this set will fall outside of my budget. I don't really have $250 at the moment. And as much as I like this, I still prefer the older style of haunted house, but I very much like that they did something new.