Monkie Kid Theme Announced

Monkie_Kid_Announce_80012_teaser.jpg
Today LEGO is officially unveiling Monkie Kid, their latest 'big bang' theme directly inspired by Chinese legends and culture. The sets are releasing today in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia with a worldwide launch tomorrow. (Although many stores in North America are not receiving new stock so you'll have to buy online.) In addition to eight awesome sets, the theme will feature an animated mini movie and TV series, and I'm sure there will be plenty of other tie-ins as well. For the press release and some teaser movies, read on! If you want to get a good look at the sets, you'll have to wait a bit - LEGO decided to send us over 2 GB of information on the theme late last night and sometimes sleep and real life have to take priority.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

To me, the biggest surprise here is LEGO calling something a "demon". I always thought the Nexo Knights lava monsters would be the closest things to demons we ever got, but here they are just using the word in the name of a set.

Overall though, the sets don't really appeal to me that much, so I don't think I'll be getting any of them. Even if I come into some money I can blow on LEGO sets this year, there are other ones I would much rather have.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Valendale said:

To me, the biggest surprise here is LEGO calling something a "demon". I always thought the Nexo Knights lava monsters would be the closest things to demons we ever got, but here they are just using the word in the name of a set.

Overall though, the sets don't really appeal to me that much, so I don't think I'll be getting any of them. Even if I come into some money I can blow on LEGO sets this year, there are other ones I would much rather have.

Don’t forget the Makuta from Bionicle and the Overlord and the Oni from Ninjago.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)