Wondering about The Lego Movies’ future?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! In lately 2019, it is reported that Lego is in talks with Universal in having a 5-year deal in making future Lego Movies. That’s because The Lego Movie 2 had a disappointing budget (Lego would have needed to make a better script because the the movie is not my favorite. The first movie is better). It makes me wonder: What about The Lego Batman Movie 2? Batman is owned by Warner Bros. Universal seems to be in good terms with Warner Bros, as Warner Bros used some stuff from Universal. It is unlikely that a Batman sequel could happen if Universal is up to the task. There’s no Marvel in The Lego Movies, anyway. 

If Universal is up to the task, I think it would be thinking about making a theatrical live-action Hero Factory movie, which was reported that they are or were trying to get the rights in May 2012. Universal is known for making Bionicle: The Legend Reborn, so I thought that Universal could make a Constraction Cinematic Universe with Bionicle and Hero Factory (I would be hoping that Disney at best would make the live-action constraction movies because the constraction themes are like the Avengers and Star Wars, but it’s up to Universal to decide. Warner Bros or Paramount could work. Don’t trust Sony because they love taking away stuff and make money, even though that they are terrible at making comic book movies nowadays). That would be awesome, but we are currently not sure about the future. 

So, what’s your view on The Lego Movies’ future?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I honestly don't know what Universal plans on getting out of Lego Movies in the next 5 years. LM2 and the Ninjago Movie did not leave me optimistic about the viability of big-budget lego films. If I had to guess, they likely are hoping to produce licensed theme movies like a Lego Batman sequel.

Jaller Inika looks like C-3PO and I hate it.