Questions about Skakdi and Piraka

Hi, I'm new to this website, so I'm not sure if this topic belongs here or somewhere else. Therefore I apologise in advance for any mistake I probably just made.

Anyway, Me and friends are currently working on couple of small fanfic projects - short stories and comics about Skakdi and the Piraka. And I have couple of question about their canon lore:

1. Is it possible to find somewhere the list of Rahi and other creatures that were around before Piraka joined the Dark Hunters? Or perhaps a map?
  2. Was is possible for one of the Piraka mebers to encounter Zyglak, Karzahni or Artakha Bull before they became Dark Hunters.
  3. Were the Vahki ignoring all the members of Dark Hunters who treveled to Metru-nui (including Piraka), or just those who were loyal to Teridax/Dume like Nidhiki and Krekka?
  4. Were Skakdi mostly living on Zakaz or did they travel all around the Matoran Universe?,
  5. Were all the Skakdi enslaved by the Gold Skinned Being? Where are Skakdi now, after Teridax death?
  6. Is it possible for Skakdi to live without spine slug?
  7. Is it possible for Skakdi to have a look-alike or are they all different? (Without heresy, it's quite difficult to create new Skadi that wouldn't resemble the original six Piraka.)
  8. Is Vezon a Skakdi or something else? Do other beings recognise him as an average member of Skakdi species?

Also have couple of other question like:

1. Where are Toa Inika/Mahri now?
  2. Where is Toa Pohatu now?
  3. Where is Nocturn now?
  4. Do Toa Mahri now wear the non-aquatic versions of their kanohi?
  5. What was the last time we saw Ahkmou?
  6. What was the last time we saw Hafu?
  7. After Teridax death, what will Miserix do now? Is he evil? Or will he just return to his original job and create Rahi? What are Miserix's goals/motivations?
  8. Do Zesks live in Bota Magna too? Or just Vorox? Did they devolve, or do they resemble their Bara-Magna cousins?
  9. Did the jungle tribe that Lewa encountered in Bota-Magna looked like Tarduk?
  10. What is the location of the prison of the Cursed Great Being? Was it close to Vorox city? 
  11. How long would it take for someone to travel from Bara-Magna to Bota Magna on foot? Days? Weeks? Or just couple of hours?

That's probably all for now. Thank you in advance.

1. When you say "around", do you mean in a particular location? Or just all the Rahi that existed at that point? The Piraka only joined the Dark Hunters about 7,000 years ago, while Teridax took over the Brotherhood about 70,000 years ago - I think by the time the Piraka joined the Dark Hunters, the Brotherhood wasn't making many Rahi anymore, so most Rahi we know of would have already existed.

2. Zyglak seem possible (we've never seen their encounter with them in the Cord, so we don't know if they reacted to them there as something new or familiar). Karzahni seems very unlikely - when Karzahni met the Matoran that would become the Inika, he knew nothing of the outside world since basically the creation of the universe. It doesn't seem like he'd had other visitors (other than Matoran that needed repair). Artakha Bulls seem perfectly reasonable.

3. I don't know if we have a firm answer to this, but Teridax wasn't a very trusting person - I think he would have had the Vahki on the lookout for any Dark Hunters he didn't specifically know were supposed to be there.

4. Some travel elsewhere, but it seems like most of them stay there - probably due to a lack of resources to travel anywhere else.

5. Just the Skakdi that were part of Nektann's faction, I believe. Those Skakdi are still following the Golden-Skinned Being on Spherus Magna. Any others that made it out of the GSR are probably trying to steal enough to make a life for themselves, if I had to guess.

6. Yes. The Spine Slugs feed off of the Skakdi, but the Skakdi do not get any nourishment in return (it's a parasite, not a symbiote).

7. I'd guess that it's as possible as with, say, humans - some may look very similar, but it'd be extremely rare to find two that were identical.

8. He is technically a Skakdi, but has been referred to in-story as "half a Skakdi" - that's the species he most closely matches, but he's not quite the same as a normal Skakdi. He has no Skakdi powers, for example.

1. The last thing we know is that the confrontation between the Golden-Skinned Being and Annona caused the Mahri to be freed from the GSB's control.

2. Trapped on the Red Star with Kopaka.

3. He died, and was revived on the Red Star. He's still there.

4. The Mahri are now amphibious, and their masks are still the same.

5. When we last saw him in-story, he was ruling over Metru Nui during Teridax's reign. According to Greg, he has since come to Spherus Magna, and is trying to get in the good graces of the Glatorian.

6. He was in the cursed Great Being's fortress. According to Greg, he made it out safely before the place blew up.

7. We last saw Miserix in the fortress as well (and he also escaped before the explosion). Questions about his motivations/plans going forward have no firm answer; your best option for getting one would be to ask Greg.

8. Zesk live there as well, and did not devolve.

9. I would assume that they looked like typical Jungle Agori, but I suppose we technically don't know for sure.

10 and 11: these are probably questions for Greg.

I hope that helps!

By the way, if you haven't, you should check out Biosector01 - it had the answers to a lot of your questions!

Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

3 hours ago, TuragaNuva said:

1. When you say "around", do you mean in a particular location? Or just all the Rahi that existed at that point? The Piraka only joined the Dark Hunters about 7,000 years ago, while Teridax took over the Brotherhood about 70,000 years ago - I think by the time the Piraka joined the Dark Hunters, the Brotherhood wasn't making many Rahi anymore, so most Rahi we know of would have already existed.

2. Zyglak seem possible (we've never seen their encounter with them in the Cord, so we don't know if they reacted to them there as something new or familiar). Karzahni seems very unlikely - when Karzahni met the Matoran that would become the Inika, he knew nothing of the outside world since basically the creation of the universe. It doesn't seem like he'd had other visitors (other than Matoran that needed repair). Artakha Bulls seem perfectly reasonable.

3. I don't know if we have a firm answer to this, but Teridax wasn't a very trusting person - I think he would have had the Vahki on the lookout for any Dark Hunters he didn't specifically know were supposed to be there.

4. Some travel elsewhere, but it seems like most of them stay there - probably due to a lack of resources to travel anywhere else.

5. Just the Skakdi that were part of Nektann's faction, I believe. Those Skakdi are still following the Golden-Skinned Being on Spherus Magna. Any others that made it out of the GSR are probably trying to steal enough to make a life for themselves, if I had to guess.

6. Yes. The Spine Slugs feed off of the Skakdi, but the Skakdi do not get any nourishment in return (it's a parasite, not a symbiote).

7. I'd guess that it's as possible as with, say, humans - some may look very similar, but it'd be extremely rare to find two that were identical.

8. He is technically a Skakdi, but has been referred to in-story as "half a Skakdi" - that's the species he most closely matches, but he's not quite the same as a normal Skakdi. He has no Skakdi powers, for example.

1. The last thing we know is that the confrontation between the Golden-Skinned Being and Annona caused the Mahri to be freed from the GSB's control.

2. Trapped on the Red Star with Kopaka.

3. He died, and was revived on the Red Star. He's still there.

4. The Mahri are now amphibious, and their masks are still the same.

5. When we last saw him in-story, he was ruling over Metru Nui during Teridax's reign. According to Greg, he has since come to Spherus Magna, and is trying to get in the good graces of the Glatorian.

6. He was in the cursed Great Being's fortress. According to Greg, he made it out safely before the place blew up.

7. We last saw Miserix in the fortress as well (and he also escaped before the explosion). Questions about his motivations/plans going forward have no firm answer; your best option for getting one would be to ask Greg.

8. Zesk live there as well, and did not devolve.

9. I would assume that they looked like typical Jungle Agori, but I suppose we technically don't know for sure.

10 and 11: these are probably questions for Greg.

I hope that helps!

By the way, if you haven't, you should check out Biosector01 - it had the answers to a lot of your questions!

Thank You, You helped me a lot. 

Also, where can I find the schedule for next QnA with Greg?

7 minutes ago, Stroivan said:

Thank You, You helped me a lot. 

Also, where can I find the schedule for next QnA with Greg?

The TTV message boards have a dedicated Greg Q&A board where you can post questions. He answers them on his own time, so it might be a while before he gets back to you, but it's the best place to ask him questions like these.

sigbanner.gif

4 hours ago, TuragaNuva said:

Actually to make a small correction, none of Nektann's faction were enslaved by the Golden-Skinned being, the being was created by the Skakdi who were trying to defy Teridax's rule as the new "great spirit" while Nektann had allied himself with Teridax. I don't think it was very clear what happened to Nektann's Skakdi after Teridax's defeat, but the Golden-Skinned being's followers were a seperate group of Skakdi. :)

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Just now, Iron_Man5 said:

Actually to make a small correction, none of Nektann's faction were enslaved by the Golden-Skinned being, the being was created by the Skakdi who were trying to defy Teridax's rule as the new "great spirit" while Nektann had allied himself with Teridax. I don't think it was very clear what happened to Nektann's Skakdi after Teridax's defeat, but the Golden-Skinned being's followers were a seperate group of Skakdi. :)

Ah, my bad, got that mixed up - thanks for the correction!

• Upvote 1

sigbanner.gif