Bionicle-related time travel?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. I know that Bionicle doesn’t have anything that does time travel, but I thought that it would be a cool idea. Plus, there are some things that we regretted witnessing from Bionicle, like the two cancellations and some media, like two graphic novels and The Legend of Mata Nui video game, being cancelled brutally. Plus, there are some characters, like Lesovikk and Ekimu, regret some things in their lives and act like that their problems shouldn’t have happened. Well, this topic could enlighten you. 

I wonder if you combine the Vahi’s powers with the Olmak’s powers to do time travel? Just a theory. 

First, there are two kinds of time travel, and each applies to certain franchises. Here’s how I put it: 

1. If you change anything in the past, it can affect your timeless. For example, if someone made your parents never love each other, you wouldn’t exist in your timeless. It’s like rewriting history. Examples of franchises with this thing include Back to the Future, Doctor Who, and Ninjago. 
2. If you change anything in the past, the past can only be changed, not your timeless. It’s like editing a book with a fictional story and going to another universe. Examples include Avengers: Endgame in 2019 and Danny Phantom. This one is weird. 

There are some time-related things in Bionicle, which are the Vahi, Voporak, Bitil’s Kanohi mask. Bitil can use his mask to summon past versions of himself, and if one of the versions gets killed, the present Bitil would be erased from existence. That applies to number 1. 

When Takanuva and Vezon traveled to many alternate dimensions, they encountered big differences from the prime reality, which is like time-travelling. I mean, if Matoro failed to save the Great Spirit Mata Nui, every Matoran Universe resident moved to the island of Mata Nui, and if Tuyet wasn’t stopped from taking over the Matoran Universe, she would have an empire of Toa that she always dreamed of. 

Now, if there is time traveling in Bionicle, how would you imagine that to be? For me, well, here’s this: 

1. Lhikan would undo Tuyet’s and Nidhiki’s betrayals and the deaths of his other fellow Toa Mangai. 
2. Lesovikk would undo the death of his Toa Team. 
3. Takanuva would undo Takua’s removal from Karda Nui, so he would have remembered being an Av-Matoran earlier and stayed with his fellow Av-Matoran in Karda Nui more. 
4. Mata Nui or the Toa Mata would stop the Makuta species from overthrowing the Great Spirit Mata Nui. 
5. Vezok would stop Hakann from using the Spear of Fusion to create Vezon. 
6. Tahu would stop the Rahkshi from destroying Ta-Koro, so his collected Lanohi could be saved. 
7. Suppose Velika can’t be stopped by any hero, the Toa would have to time-travel to the previous storylines to try to stop Velika. However, Makuta Teridax from the past notices this and his future, so he and his forces, and perhaps all other Bionicle villains would follow the Toa to the present to try to conquer worlds from both timelines, similar to Avengers: Endgame. The Toa would have to stop the villains and then sent them back while stopping Velika. That would be cool storyline for Bionicle to have. Nostalgia, y’all. :) 

That’s in the stories. Anyway, if you could time travel to get involved with Bionicle, what would you change? For me, I would: 

1. Undo the cancellation of Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui video game and have the makers complete and fix it. 
2. I heard that there was supposed to be a Bionicle movie in 2001, but that was cancelled. I would undo the cancellation. 
3. Stop Bionicle: The Game in 2003 and Bionicle Heroes from getting mixed-to-negative reviews. That’s very healthy. I like Bionicle Heroes the most. Plus, convince the makers of Bionicle: The Game to improve the console version by giving it five more levels, so each Toa Mata and each Toa Nuva can have its own level, and improve the graphics. I would also convince the makers of Heroes to get rid of the glitches in that game. Plus, undo the cancellation of The Game’s sequel. Also, give Heroes its 2007-storyline-based sequel. 
4. Convince Lego to give Bionicle a TV show that is not Netflix (like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon) or more movies. Four movies is kind of puny compared to the number of storylines that Bionicle had, and The Journey to One is not the best thing that we had. Perhaps improve the the movies a little bit, like the set accuracies and canon. 
5. Undo the cancellation of the fifth and sixth movies in 2010 and 2011. 
6. Undo the cancellations of Bionicle, of course. That would undo the creation of Bionicle Stars. These guys are shrimpy. 
7. Undo the cancellations of the graphic novels. 
8. Convince Lego to put Glatorian Arena 3 in the Bionicle website. 
9. Convince Lego to fix up G2, like the TV show (mainly the script and the graphics), the 2015 online animations (mainly the script), the app games (basically improving them), and the sets (the designs and color schemes). Plus, cheapen the prices and lessen the pieces in the sets. 
10. Convince Greg Farshtey to finish the G1 story and continue the unfinished serials. 
11. Convince Lego to say that Hero Factory is a part of Bionicle’s universe because of the similarities (I would also like to think that while Spherus Magna was destroyed, the Great Beings created Mr. Makuro to continue their hobby of creating before the planet was restored. Same fans to get confused in these themes, like saying “Stormer is my favorite Bionicle character”. Trust me, he said it. Lol. 
12. Convince Lego to focus on and promote Bionicle more. Seriously. 

So there. :) Bionicle did have a rough past, now didn’t it? That saddened us all, and we know it. It’s not fair for us, you know. It’s like the Avengers from the third and fourth Avengers movies when they felt bad that they couldn’t save the half of the universe’s life-forms from Thanos because he destroyed the Infinity Stones after granting his horrible wish. :( Anyway, use your imagination to cheer yourselves up, don’t you? :)

Edited by Lenny7092
I missed some things to mention.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Those are very good points. Speaking of time-travel, I've written a Bionicle fanfic a few years ago where the good Toa Tuyet somehow entered into the prime reality which is now Spherus Magna. I haven't posted that yet, but will do soon.

Edited by bohrokmaster

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, bohrokmaster said:

Those are very good points. Speaking of time-travel, I've written a Bionicle fanfic a few years ago where the good Toa Tuyet somehow entered into the prime reality which is now Spherus Magna. I haven't posted that yet, but will do soon.

It would sound like the other way around version of what happened to Nebula in Avengers: Endgame. Anyway, I believe it would be necessary for the Toa Nuva and their Turaga to go back in time and prevent Tuyet from becoming evil in the first place. That’s just my idea. 

I’m surprised that no one else was talking about this topic for a long time. I thought time travel would be a cool idea, you know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... that's sounds even better to be honest. Although it's fun to play with traitor characters like Tuyet and Nidhiki, I think yours is more interesting to write. I think I might write that as my next Fanfic about the Toa Nuva and the Toa Metru teaming up after their time travel. Thanks!^_^

Edited by bohrokmaster

there's a meme somewhere out there that has the following quote; 

"what do we want? TIME TRAVEL! when do we want it?  IT'S IRRELEVANT!" lol 

my dad told me about it and i thought it was just hilarious! :P 

as for time travel in Bionicle i agree with bohrokmaster on this one! not much else i can say! :) 

I like the idea of certain figures going back to fix key events, but I also feel like many of them would leave them the way they are given the chance. Take Tahu, for example; although Ta-Koro was a great loss for him and many others I feel like going back to save it would be irrelevant. The lesson was learned, and the price he paid of losing his Suva was something he came to terms with.

Although I do love alternate future stories, many of the events that transpired were critical to story and character progression. Using the Olmak to explore these realities is fun, but I feel like purposefully changing the narrative is something a lot of the heroic characters wouldn't do.

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

1 hour ago, Saint-14 said:

I like the idea of certain figures going back to fix key events, but I also feel like many of them would leave them the way they are given the chance. Take Tahu, for example; although Ta-Koro was a great loss for him and many others I feel like going back to save it would be irrelevant. The lesson was learned, and the price he paid of losing his Suva was something he came to terms with.

Although I do love alternate future stories, many of the events that transpired were critical to story and character progression. Using the Olmak to explore these realities is fun, but I feel like purposefully changing the narrative is something a lot of the heroic characters wouldn't do.

Agreed. Most things probably wouldnt be changed. If takua never left, then he wouldnt have made it to Mata nui where he played key roles in 1)awakening the toa mata, 2) keeping rahi out of the temple so they wouldnt stop the toa from fighting makita, 3) facing the bohrok, and 4) being apparantly the only matoran of light on mata nui that could face makuta. So a little extra playtime with friends would have probably destroyed any chance of stopping makuta. Other ones like tahu losing his masks probably wouldnt be changed since they learned from it, and some like lhikan stopping the betrayal of tuyet would probably be unavoidable. So I think you have three cases: 1) the change would destroy the world, 2) the change wouldnt be done since it wasnt that bad and people learned from it, and 3) no matter how much they wanted to change it they couldnt.

Edit: it is potentially interesting though especially when fighting velika, who no one knows is bad until it's too late. I think the extent of time travel would stay where it is though, limited only to information and messages through the future from the kraatana. And not through actual moving through time. 

Edited by ToaDume

Wasn’t Krakua time travel? Krakua/Time Trap was like everyone’s top favorite piece of content back in 07 and 08 and we kept waiting for him to show up in the present. He kind of showed up in a serial but I don’t recall that his warning from the future was ever explored. And for that reason, it does not make sense.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

4 hours ago, Zestanor said:

Wasn’t Krakua time travel? Krakua/Time Trap was like everyone’s top favorite piece of content back in 07 and 08 and we kept waiting for him to show up in the present. He kind of showed up in a serial but I don’t recall that his warning from the future was ever explored. And for that reason, it does not make sense.

I dont think krakua himself time traveled. I think he sent his consciousness back in time through a kraatana, where the kraatana were able to send messages and thoughts back in time. So at best, I could see that happening, where velika caused some problems, and the order sends warnings back in time through kraatana. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ToaDume said:

I dont think krakua himself time traveled. I think he sent his consciousness back in time through a kraatana, where the kraatana were able to send messages and thoughts back in time. So at best, I could see that happening, where velika caused some problems, and the order sends warnings back in time through kraatana. 

In fact, he is seen in visions. In Time Trap, when Vakama had the Kratana in his face, Krakua appeared in a vision caused by the creature and told him about the future. In Dreams of Darkness, he told Lesovikk a message. Plus, Toa in general, like Vakama and Tahu in Tale of the Toa, have been having weird visions about the future. Maybe the Order had gave them visions just to help them out? 

Anyway, Velika is a dangerous Great Being who is almost inevitable. I mean, he made a device that can deactivate a Toa’s elemental power. That would be a good reason why I think heroes should time-travel in the past to warn people about Velika. Velika isn’t stopped due to the serials being unfinished, and he is a crafty guy who knows how to deal with Matoran Universe stuff. Maybe the Shadowed One should be stopped, too, if his new army cannot be stopped. 

Lessons could be learned, which would be reasonable, I must admit, to be honest, but I still think that Tahu should time-travel to save his Kanohi from being destroyed in Ta-Koro’s sinking, at least. Or, maybe Artakha would whip up new copies of the Kanohi? Either way, Tahu may think that he is inferior to his fellow Toa Nuva because of the loss of his Kanohi and Nuva form. He wouldn’t like that, would he? He showed his temper in Tale of the Toa when he was upset about Kopaka being the first to get his first Kanohi. Lol. But, seriously. You know that Tahu is hot-tempered. 

Also, it would still be nice if Lhikan and Lesovikk would time-travel to save their teammates from dying or turning evil. You know the Red Star can’t revive their dead friends because of their certain situations, right? I feel bad for Lhikan and Lesovikk for losing their friends. :(

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot some things.

4 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

In fact, he is seen in visions. In Time Trap, when Vakama had the Kratana in his face, Krakua appeared in a vision caused by the creature and told him about the future. In Dreams of Darkness, he told Lesovikk a message. Plus, Toa in general, like Vakama and Tahu in Tale of the Toa, have been having weird visions about the future. Maybe the Order had gave them visions just to help them out? 

Anyway, Velika is a dangerous Great Being who is almost inevitable. I mean, he made a device that can deactivate a Toa’s elemental power. That would be a good reason why I think heroes should time-travel in the past to warn people about Velika. Velika isn’t stopped due to the serials being unfinished, and he is a crafty guy who knows how to deal with Matoran Universe stuff. Maybe the Shadowed One should be stopped, too, if his new army cannot be stopped. 

Lessons could be learned, which would be reasonable, I must admit, to be honest, but I still think that Tahu should time-travel to save his Kanohi from being destroyed in Ta-Koro’s sinking, at least. Or, maybe Artakha would whip up new copies of the Kanohi? 

Also, it would still be nice if Lhikan and Lesovikk would time-travel to save their teammates from dying or turning evil. You know the Red Star can’t revive their dead friends because of their certain situations, right? I feel bad for Lhikan and Lesovikk for losing their friends. :(

i don't remember the Kratana at all! i guess i'll have to re-read "Time Trap" at some point! lol 

2 minutes ago, TheZOMBIEJ said:

i don't remember the Kratana at all! i guess i'll have to re-read "Time Trap" at some point! lol 

It’s a creature that looks like a mix of a Krana and Kraata, and it has the power to give its host visions, whether they are about the past or future. It’s like Vakama’s visions, but greater. You should also read Swamp of Secret because it has a similar situation, too.

31 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

It’s a creature that looks like a mix of a Krana and Kraata, and it has the power to give its host visions, whether they are about the past or future. It’s like Vakama’s visions, but greater. You should also read Swamp of Secret because it has a similar situation, too.

well, that's an interesting combo ov weird slimy creatures! lol 

anyway, thanks for the info, man! can you possibly provide an image of this creature or some kind ov fan-drawing ov it? i'm curious as to how ugly the sucker looks! :P 

@Lenny7092

Yeah, i think the kraatana allowed krakua brain to travel through time into vakamas mind, not so much krakua himself physically went back. 

In terms of pure power to stop velika, I dont know if tahu would really miss his masks. At the end of the storyline didnt he absorb all makuta and rahkshi powers? So even without masks and without his toa power, he would still have all makuta powers. Also, I think he matured alot from the beginning, shown by his fight with nektann. Plus the shadowed one could be an ally instead of an enemy. In the altnerate dimension where mata nui died and everyone repopulated the surface, the shadowed one was shown to be an ally. I think takanuva would try to use this information to convince everyone the shadowed one could be reasoned with. So the dark hunters could potentially help stop velika, since many of them have power that could match a toa (but since they're not toa, their power wouldnt be turned off by velika machine). Personally, I think tahu going all out with his absorbed makuta powers fighting side by side with miserix and the shadowed one to take on velika would be more interesting since all of them have incredible power that shouldn't be shut off by the toa machine.

I don't have anything to add as far as story, but IRL: 

1: Fix. Vakama's. Mask. in Legends of Metru Nui.

2: Make a short film of Time Trap. I just read it recently and I think it deserved some kind of animation. Also would love to have seen the animators fill out The Shadowed One's model and Lariska's as well. 

3. Dump all the moneys into a three-season series based on the Ignition trilogy (I even have a voice actor list I made myself!) 2005-2008 was the perfect time to make a TV show to sell toys. The Pokemon show was in its best years, there was YuGiOh, Digimon, Transformers had a bunch of series, the WB kids and Miguzi/Toonami lineups on Cartoon Network. CN would have been the the place to be too. They held a bunch of those toy tie-in products, and they weren't afraid to handle more mature material, which is still true today. And I would have made it better than Miramax's butchery.

4. Make an Artakha titan instead of Icarax or another superfluous figure.   

M11

20 hours ago, Matoro11 said:

3. Dump all the moneys into a three-season series based on the Ignition trilogy (I even have a voice actor list I made myself!) 2005-2008 was the perfect time to make a TV show to sell toys. The Pokemon show was in its best years, there was YuGiOh, Digimon, Transformers had a bunch of series, the WB kids and Miguzi/Toonami lineups on Cartoon Network. CN would have been the the place to be too. They held a bunch of those toy tie-in products, and they weren't afraid to handle more mature material, which is still true today. And I would have made it better than Miramax's butchery. 

in terms ov voice actors, i think it would be interesting if Jaller Inika/Mahri was played by Rob Zombie! and maybe his wife, Sheri Moon Zombie, as Hahli Inika/Mahri! i would LOVE that (considering both have done voice work in the past)!! lol :) 

also, i would have Sanaa Lathan play as Gorast (lol)! just an idea! :D 

oh, and maybe Haruka Tomatsu (Japanese voice actress/singer) could play as Dalu or even Macku (though she'd have to speak in English and she's from Japan so she might have to take some time to learn certain English words in order to be part ov a Bionicle movie/series!)! again, it's an idea! lol 

Edited by TheZOMBIEJ