Can anyone tell me what this weird Mega Bloks Bioniclone is?

I know this isn't strictly Bionicle related, but there isn't a dedicated forum for discussions of non-Lego construction toys so this felt like the best fit. Moderators, feel free to move the discussion if you feel different.

Anyway, my mum found this in the attic along with in a box of old K-Nex and Duplo pieces a couple of months ago and for some reason has been using it as a desk mascot ever since (she's weird, what can I say). The logos on the pieces say "Mega Bloks" but I tried browsing a few Brickset-like databases for Mega Bloks sets and couldn't find anything like it. 

I'm not expecting this to be worth anything, the plastic is cheap garbage and there's only 9 points of articulation (though really 8, because while it's on a ball joint the head barely moves). I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has ever owned one of these or knows what it's called :)

IMG_20200601_124726.jpg

IMG_20200601_124739.jpg

IMG_20200601_124747.jpg

IMG_20200601_124829.jpg

IMG_20200601_124857.jpg

Lol, can't believe I couldn't find that, thanks Taria! I love how literally all the figures are just palette swaps with slightly different helmets; anyone who thinks the Hordika were clones should take a look at these guys and know it could've been way worse...

Anyone else own these? When did they come out?

I can't be the only one who thinks the humanlike face combined with the gaping holes in his chest puts this thing deep in the uncanny valley.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 1 month later...