Found this rare Bionicle box that you probably haven't seen.

MizMiz

13 minutes ago, Toa Lhikan Hordika said:

Where on earth did you find this?!

I bought it when I was kid in Lithuania. The company named "Voita" had a distribution agreement with LEGO and this set is the result of that. This is the only "special" LEGO set that I could find from that era, as all the other sets that I own have normal boxes like the ones you would find in the US. Also, the Matoran text at the bottom left says Ga Koro which is inconsistent with the lore, meaning this might be made before the happy meal polybag sets and the lore got changed later?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taria Pakari said:

Makes me wonder if there are any other countries that had unique packaging like this.

I'm pretty certain that the company that I mentioned before was also distributing LEGO sets in the Kaliningrad region

10 minutes ago, Lego David said:

If this thing didn't came as a Happy Mean promo, that means it was just sold individually with that unique packaging?

Well, you can see the price tag of 5,49 litai, roughly around 2 dollars, which means it was probably sold in a toy store. There's no specific information that I could find on this packaging. Searching for the serial number doesn't get you anywhere. Also the age range of the happy meal polybag is 3+, on this box it says 7+

Edited by MizMiz

1 hour ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Wait, does this mean that the other McToran were packaged this way in Lithuania?

Congratulations on your find!

Most likely, like I said before there's no information about it and the box itself is nearly 20 years old, hence I can't confirm anything specific. It would be interesting to know how many of these exist today or how many were made. I can only confirm that I did get four other Matorans in a Lithuanian McDonald's that did come in polybags without any other special packaging.

Edited by MizMiz

It really humbles me knowing that that box is 20 years old and no one on the world's largest BIONICLE forum fansite ever mentioned it.

• Like 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

4 hours ago, AZBlue said:

Wow! This needs submitted to Brickset and Bricklink's databases. The 2001 completionist in me would love to track down a full set of the boxes at the minimum!

I honestly doubt that a full set exists, most people (at least in my country) throw lego boxes out the moment they empty them, even the large ones.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Now to find a sealed version of this type of Huki! That will be the real clincher, I think, concerning how widespread this little oddity was in that corner of Eastern Europe.

Like others, I too hope the other five McToran will show up in this boxed form from Lithuania or the Kalingrad enclave.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

On 6/6/2020 at 7:48 AM, RememberPerditus? said:

There really is so much out there left to discover, it's so cool.

BZPower article 20 years from now: "Turkish BZPower member discovers LEGO released Mutated Brutaka in 2011!"

• Like 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

11 hours ago, Master Inika said:

BZPower article 20 years from now: "Turkish BZPower member discovers LEGO released Mutated Brutaka in 2011!"

Haha, wow, I get that reference!

Even better: BZPower exclusive BIONICLE 20th Anniversary Roundtable Interview with Greg Farshtey, Bob Thompson, and Christian Faber reveals "Voriki was always intended to be the REAL seventh Toa" and point to limited release in Luxembourg as proof.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

11 hours ago, Bionicle Guru said:

Haha, wow, I get that reference!

Even better: BZPower exclusive BIONICLE 20th Anniversary Roundtable Interview with Greg Farshtey, Bob Thompson, and Christian Faber reveals "Voriki was always intended to be the REAL seventh Toa" and point to limited release in Luxembourg as proof.

Or: Great Spirit Robot set officially released in 1995 in the former USSR.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 11:54 PM, Master Inika said:

The ultimate revelation will come when oceanographers detect a massive metal anomaly stretching the entire breadth of the Pacific Ocean floor, with a roughly humanoid form. Suddenly, the news reports that New Zealand has started experiencing massive earthquakes as a giant, metal...face...starts to emerge from within it.

BIONICLE: It's been here the entire time!

• Like 1
Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

The ultimate revelation will come when oceanographers detect a massive metal anomaly stretching the entire breadth of the Pacific Ocean floor, with a roughly humanoid form. Suddenly, the news reports that New Zealand has started experiencing massive earthquakes as a giant, metal...face...starts to emerge from within it.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

EDIT: Wow, a quadruple post! Haven't seen (or performed) one of those in a very long time! Sorry about that; it seems the forums kept fritzing when I went to post this reply, and it never showed up after refreshing the page. Guess I was bamboozled!

Edited by Bionicle Guru
Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011