What inspired you to purchase Premier Membership?

Measuring Premier antiquity and effectiveness (anonymous poll)  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 3:05 AM, Voltaire Rousseau said:

It seems odd to me that people are paying $40 for a blog (or a subscription) when one can go to wordpress.com or blogspot.com and get a blog with more features for free.

Perhaps this is an antiquated system in need of overhaul?

Nononononono. While it is true you can start a blog for free on one of those sites, who's going to read it? BZP has (or had) plenty of active members that would (exclusively in some cases) browse the blogs here. It's so convenient having the blogs built into a site where you already have an account and friends as opposed to having to seek out something offsite, create a new account, and try to get your people to join and read.

Plus you're supporting BZP with your purchase sooo... I'd say it's a win-win. *shrug*

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Wrinkledlion X said:

I bought premier membership because I was a very strange child. I don't think they even had blogs yet, but there was a LEGO brick with "BZPower" printed on it which sealed the deal for me.

I think that's when I bought my first premier membership. That was so long ago!

On 7/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, Wrinkledlion X said:

I bought premier membership because I was a very strange child. I don't think they even had blogs yet, but there was a LEGO brick with "BZPower" printed on it which sealed the deal for me.

unfortunately i was too late for the brick

I think I bought it mostly because I wanted to start topics in the Games & Trivia board. Back then that was restricted to premier members. (Note that you could ask a premier member to open a thread for you, but that was a hassle.) Keep in mind that the rules for G&T were way more broad than they seem to be now; it allowed roleplaying games.

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Didn't realize there was a brick perk back the day. Hm.

I loved working my way through the rank images (old system seems to have counted differently). Proto boost was nice. I also got it pre-blogs, and didn't really know what to do with them when they came out.

Let it lapse at some point. Re-subbed to support the place. :)

• Like 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Pretty sure I bought PMship twice in the pre-2010 days. Being a somewhat conniving teenager, I really only did it for the proto boosts. I think I was one boost away from achieving Outstanding BZPower Citizen status (which I thought I deserved! C'mon, I gave you people BORNICLE for years!), so I bought it one last time. This was all before the blog became a part of the perks, too.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

I honestly lived more on BZP than the real world back in 2009-2011. It made more sense to me to have a "more advanced" account.

Also I was, like, 13, so that reasoning made sense.

I still think it was a good move. I'm glad I supported this site with money, it deserved it.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

So, an update after looking through my Private Messenger: apparently, some wonderfully kind soul gifted me Premier Membership back in the summer of 2004 as part of a promotion BZPower was doing for their anniversary celebration. So that was my first time. After it expired, I bought another membership for myself for a sweet Proto boost.

Edited by Bionicle Guru
Deleted unnecessary word
Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

On 8/5/2020 at 6:10 PM, TheZOMBIEJ said:

quick question: IF i purchase Premier, do i pay using PayPal or do i send a check (or cash) in the mail to Black Six (since he's basically the main head/admin ov the site)? or is there any alternative payment methods? 

You could always message him to find out.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

On 7/30/2020 at 7:57 PM, Canama said:

unfortunately i was too late for the brick

I think I bought it mostly because I wanted to start topics in the Games & Trivia board. Back then that was restricted to premier members. (Note that you could ask a premier member to open a thread for you, but that was a hassle.) Keep in mind that the rules for G&T were way more broad than they seem to be now; it allowed roleplaying games.

WOW I forgot that that used to be a rule.

I bought it sometime back in '08-'09. I was just thinking "y'know I didn't really use the perks that much" but I definitely took pride in being able to start threads for people (and group PMs, post-Downtime).

Now that I think about it, it's crazy that we ever played Mafia without group messaging.

~Unit#phntk#1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, Unit#phntk#1 said:

Now that I think about it, it's crazy that we ever played Mafia without group messaging.

~Unit#phntk#1

Right? I think I was lucky enough to suffer that only once before the functionality was added. But as someone, who I can't remember at this point, once said "The mafia used to operate one PM at a time."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine because my friend had it and I wanted what little BZP prestige it gave me. Plus, I wanted to support the site. Having a blog was nice, but I never ended up using it.

Does BZP still offer lifetime membership? I didn't see it in the store. Or can I not see it because I already have it?

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

• 2 weeks later...

I was like 12 and this website was about the only one i ever went to at the time (other than runescape). So becoming a premier member just seemed to make sense at the time. I wanted to make polls and host games and stuff. I don’t remember how much it cost at the time to become a permanent member but i do remember it still took some time to talk my mom into it, haha.

20180716_233107.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not premier anymore. I haven't been active here since probably 2014, but I bought it because I liked the perks, especially the instant proto boost (which seems to no longer be a thing) and because I wanted to do a small thing to give back to my favorite bionicle community <3

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

• 1 year later...