When Should Ninjago End?

Lego David

Ninjago has lasted for almost 10 years at this point, and there is no sign of it going away any time soon. However, the theme can't last forever without getting repetitive or loosing sales (which some may argue that has already happened with the theme). When do you think the line should naturally end, and what do you think would be good way end it? And after it ends, what do you think would be a good replacement for it? 

Well, I don’t want Ninjago to be replaced with another theme, for that theme would not be as good as Ninjago. Anyway, for how Ninjago would end, well, here’s this: 

The Ninja would have a final battle that will save all sixteen Realms. We would see all realms, since some are revealed while others are still unknown (I would like to include Nexo Knights as a Realm since people from there call their world a Realm). Or, the Ninja would time travel to all past storylines. I think both can be necessary. Plus, Lloyd would go back to being a kid and his dad will turn into a normal good-hearted human again. That is something that I want Ninjago to end in a good way. I think around 2021 or 2022 to celebrate Ninjago’s 10th or 11th anniversary. :) 

The story and sets are a little shabby nowadays, nowadays. It is hard to tell when Lego is using Ninjago as a cash cow, like how Bionicle was ended. Ninjago is a very successful theme, anyway.

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

23 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

The Ninja would have a final battle that will save all sixteen Realms. We would see all realms, since some are revealed while others are still unknown (I would like to include Nexo Knights as a Realm since people from there call their world a Realm). Or, the Ninja would time travel to all past storylines. I think both can be necessary. Plus, Lloyd would go back to being a kid and his dad will turn into a normal good-hearted human again. That is something that I want Ninjago to end in a good way. I think around 2021 or 2022 to celebrate Ninjago’s 10th or 11th anniversary.

I didn't like how the latest Ninjago seasons seemed to be going nowhere with the story, which might indicate that the theme would end in an unsatisfying way whenever it's time to pull the plug. If it were for me, I'd start building up towards the end in the next few seasons, and even if the theme continues to run for several years, we can still get a satisfying ending whenever the time comes. 

As for how I would end the story, having the Ninja grow older and train a new generation of Ninja would be a perfect ending for me.

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 7:31 AM, Lego David said:

Ninjago has lasted for almost 10 years at this point, and there is no sign of it going away any time soon. However, the theme can't last forever without getting repetitive or loosing sales (which some may argue that has already happened with the theme). When do you think the line should naturally end, and what do you think would be good way end it? And after it ends, what do you think would be a good replacement for it? 

I mean, once it's gone it is unlikely it will come back...so if they did end there would be no coming back. If they did bring it back it would most likely be the way LEGO brought Bionicle back.

5 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Nexo Knights is like that, but it isn’t as good as Ninjago, and it has an unfinished story, sadly. It’s best for it to be one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms, with the hints provided.

Eh, the ninja themes are getting a little stale imo. I'm ready for another space theme along the lines of Life on Mars or Mars Mission.

15 hours ago, Bonkle said:

The "yellow" themes really need a shot in the arm, Ninjago is played out and stale and has been for a long time now. Kill it ASAP and bring in a new space or castle theme that doesn't rely on weird hybrid aesthetics and gimmicks.

Ever since the great success of Ninjago, most of the original themes that have come out have been more or less Ninjago clones. Chima, Nexo Knights, and Monkie Kid all followed the Ninjago formula of having a TV Show and sets comprised of repetitive vehicles only (Bikes, Jets, Mechs, Cars etc). We really need LEGO to let go of this formula and do more diverse themes like they used to do in the late 2000's and early 2010's. No more oversized vehicles, just something unique and interesting that doesn't feel like a half-baked attempt of emulating Ninjago's success.

Edited by Lego David
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Lego David said:

Ever since the great success of Ninjago, most of the original themes that have come out have been more or less Ninjago clones. Chima, Nexo Knights, and Monkie Kid all followed the Ninjago formula of having a TV Show and sets comprised of repetitive vehicles only (Bikes, Jets, Mechs, Cars etc). We really need LEGO to let go of this formula and do more diverse themes like they used to do in the late 2000's and early 2010's. No more oversized vehicles, just something unique and interesting that doesn't feel like a half-baked attempt of emulating Ninjago's success.

Yeah, like superheroes or Bionicle and Hero Factory.

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 4 weeks later...