Helryx

The first Toa and leader of the Order of Mata Nui.

In BIONICLE lore Helryx is described as being very powerful and fierce. I felt that her physical description of being "disturbingly frail" did not fit her character. Instead I went for a slightly weaker yet able-bodied appearance as a compromise to these descriptions.

Built for the canonization contest over on the TTV boards.

More on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/140308582@N05/ 

Helryx.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, Helryx was one of the oldest beings in the Matoran Universe- depending on whether Mata Nui existed before the robot came online, she might even be older than the Great Spirit himself.  If that's not cause for being all bones, I don't know what is.

That said, nice-looking MoC.  Very smooth design for the armor- the Noble Hunas for pauldrons is an inspired choice!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) said:

the Noble Hunas for pauldrons is an inspired choice!

I didn't notice them til I read this but I love them! 

The shield is elegantly simple and the bare legs/arms/midriff make for a memorable MOC

Nice work!

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif