Watch Episodes 1 and 2 of Monkie Kid

I've yet to see an official programming schedule for the Monkie Kid TV show, but it looks like it's been airing somewhere. You can now watch episodes one and two of LEGO Monkie Kid: A Hero is Born in English with Chinese subtitles on YouTube now! Based on the video length, it looks like this will be around 22 minute episodes, filling up a 30 minute slot on TV whenever they finally air. I haven't had a chance to watch more than the intro yet, but the animation looks solid and I'm excited to check it out. Let us know what you think in the Talkback after you've given it a shot!

View the full article

Over-exaggerating, but okay. They are a pretty good pilot episodes, but Ninjago’s better. I hope that Monkie Kid’s world is a one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms. 

Anyway, I have a feeling that the show would last 1 season. It’s about monkeys, after all. 

Anyway, is it me, or is the Demon Bull King being played by Steven Blum and the Demon Princess played by Grey Griffin.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 6/15/2020 at 2:40 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Over-exaggerating, but okay. They are a pretty good pilot episodes, but Ninjago’s better. I hope that Monkie Kid’s world is a one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms. 

Anyway, I have a feeling that the show would last 1 season. It’s about monkeys, after all. 

Anyway, is it me, or is the Demon Bull King being played by Steven Blum and the Demon Princess played by Grey Griffin.

Personally, I hope this ISN'T one of Ninjago's realms. Considering the series' origins as a sort of "sequel" to the real-world Chinese folktale "Journey to the West", it feels to me like it would be insensitive to have it be anything other than a fictionalized version of real-world China—and I don't know how I feel about any real-world locations, even highly fictionalized ones, being tied into Ninjago's core multiverse.

I also think there's very little chance of this only lasting a single season. Lego has clearly invested a lot into this and they've only really scratched the surface of characters and elements they could draw from the original story it's based on. Even the intro to this pilot episode shows off multiple villains from the original story who have yet to make an appearance in this sequel.

And yeah, both of the voice actors you list are correct. The Monkey King is also played by Sean Schemmel, the voice of Goku in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z (fittingly, considering that the original Dragon Ball itself started out as an embellished retelling of "Journey to the West").

• Like 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother