Lego games that you want to remaster/remake?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! You know, there are many games that are remastered/remade nowadays, like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Mega Man, two Kirby games, and Mario & Luigi games, as they have better graphics and some bonus stuff. Anyway, I think Lego had the idea a little bit, as there is that Lego Star Wars game called Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, who is like a remaster of Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but with the sequel trilogy. 

Anyway, what Lego games do you want to be remastered/remade? For me, here’s this: 

1. Bionicle: The Game (the console version) - improve the graphics, make the characters look more like their sets, so they wouldn’t look so ugly, and give the game 13 levels, six for the Toa Mata (have them fight all six Bohrok breeds), six for the Toa Nuva (have them fight all six Rahkshi), and one for Takanuva. Perhaps a multiplayer mini-game where the Toa have to fight the Bahrag. Plus, perhaps modernize the characters’ looks with CCBS? 
2. Bionicle Heroes (the console version) - make the characters look a little more like their sets, make them voice actors, give you the option to play as the Toa Mata and Toa Metru, fix all of those awful glitches, perhaps fix the graphics a little bit, and the Piraka being playable after you defeated Vezon. Get rid of the “Hero Mode”. Fix the descriptions of some things, like the Bohrok. Plus, perhaps a multiplayer mini-game where you fight the Kardas Dragon. Plus, perhaps modernize the characters’ looks with CCBS? 
3. Lego The Lord of the Rings and Lego The Hobbit - combine that, like LSW: TCS, but with the third Hobbit movie included. That movie would have three levels, so this remaster would have 36 in total. 
4. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - Give it all seven seasons somehow. 
5. The Lego Batman games - Have the characters say actual words. 

I would also like online games to have the same treatment. The only online games that I could think of are the Bionicle and Hero Factory ones: 

1. Mata Nui Online Game, MNOG II, and Voya Nui Online Game - I would like to see the game being 3-D animated. Perhaps modernize the characters with CCBS, too? 
2. The Glatorian Arena games - Undo the deletions of some things, like the Spike Ball mini-game and Agori. Perhaps modernize the characters with CCBS, too? 
3. Hero Factory’s Breakout - Perhaps modernize the characters a little bit? Plus, include XT4 and his home planet, so Nex can have his level in the game. 

So, yeah.

• Like 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I wouldn't mind Bionicle Heroes getting a remaster. It would be cool to go through Voya Nui with improved graphics and better designed enemies. 

Also, I would love to see the Bionicle Maze of Shadows GBA game get a remaster on the Switch. I remember having a lot of fun with that game, and seeing it redone on a console would be neat.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
Thought of another game to add to this.
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, there’s a couple games I’d want to see remastered:

The Rock Raiders game. It was already like single player Starcraft. With a bit of a touch up it could go a long way. 

The LEGO Indiana Jones games, remastered and then combining them. They were some of the more revolutionary of the LEGO games, in my honest opinion, adopting systems that are common now, way before other games had it, like items and a pseudo inventory. 

against popular opinion, I actually liked LEGO minifig online and legends of China online, tho I also just like mmos in general so grain of salt with that. 

• Like 1

If there's any Lego games that I'd like to see get remade, it's the ones from what I like to call the "silent era" of Lego games, when the characters never spoke at all (they would just grunt and mumble all the time). It sure would be nice to hear some of the well-known dialogue from those iconic movies be utilized in a Lego game, even if it had to be taken directly from the actual movies (as was done for Lego Lord of the Rings). There are eight games in total from that era, so here's what I think would be most practical for each of them...

The first is obviously Star Wars: Complete Saga, which you could argue is already about to get it's remake very soon with the upcoming Star Wars: Skywalker Saga game, which will not only cover both the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy, but also include the more recent sequel trilogy, so that should make this very exiting to see. In addition, if Skywalker Saga ends up following the example of the most recent Lego games, there will probably be some additional levels (either as in-game bonus levels or as DLC add-on levels) based on many of the side adventures, which would likely include Clone Wars, so that covers the most likely chance of a remake for that other Lego Star Wars game from the silent era.

Next is Lego Indiana Jones, both versions of which were within the silent era, with the first covering the classic trilogy and the second covering both the trilogy and the fourth movie. If there's any chance of a new Lego Indiana Jones game, it'll most likely come when the fifth movie (currently in production) is eventually released, in which case, we would almost certainly see the events of the fifth movie included along with the other four movies. With the new Star Wars game already on the way, Indiana Jones is the next one I'd really like to see in a future Lego game.

For Lego Batman, this one actually seems rather pointless, as there have since been three more Lego games based on the DC universe, thus covering so many different possible expansions that could've been imagined back when the first one came out (especially considering Lego Batman 2 had so many firsts (among which was the characters actually speaking) that it really marked the beginning of the modern era of Lego games). In my opinion, this is the one older Lego game that does not need a remake at all.

And then there's Lego Harry Potter. Although the movies have already been out for quite some time, the fact that new Lego sets of this theme are being released to this day proves that it's still popular enough to be worthy of perhaps receiving a new Lego game (especially when you consider all the new type of Lego parts that have been specially designed specifically for certain characters and structures in some of those newer sets). I'm honestly not sure what kind of catalyst would bring about a remake of those two Lego Harry Potter games (and would more likely be created as a single game covering all eight movies), but the simple fact that new sets of this theme are still being produced does give hope that it just might be possible some day.

Finally, we have Pirates of the Caribbean, which was made when the fourth movie came out. Although a fifth movie was recently made and there were a few Lego sets made to tie in with it, that apparently was not enough to let us have a new Lego game for this theme. However, I have heard there are plans for a sixth movie sometime soon, and potentially would be definitely the last of the entire series. Therefore, if there's any possibility for a new Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game, it'll most likely occur when that sixth movie eventually comes out. Though I personally would love to see this remade game, I have to admit that from a realistic perspective, it might not be that likely.

In addition to all of that, some of the even older Lego games I'd like to see be remade would be Lego Island (1997) and Lego Racers (1999), though that's probably just me being nostalgic. Compared to what various gaming systems are capable of these days, its possible that any potential remakes of these significantly older and smaller Lego games would instead be converted into mobile games that you could download onto your phone. Now that's something I'd be happy to see.

• Like 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, JJCheatah said:

The Rock Raiders game. It was already like single player Starcraft. With a bit of a touch up it could go a long way. 

This would be my choice. I played it a lot when I was young, building huge bases in the levels that supported them and unleashing armies of Rock Raiders and vehicles on the environment. I'd like to be able to jump on and play it for kicks every once in a while, but no computer I own now would run it. That said, Rock Raiders is long gone, so this would likely never happen.

I would like to see MNOG revisited: basically as it was, but with more consistent and detailed art throughout. Also built with something other than Flash, since it's quickly losing support.

Rock Raiders, absolutely. I don't really think any of the TT-era games need much in the way of remakes, but the older games from before that era? I would absolutely go for some of those. Rock Raiders, as mentioned, for sure; particularly if it could fix up the bugs and add more overall developed story to the missions and the world in general. A touching up of some of the mechanics would be much appreciated, too.

And not have the rock raiders do that thing where you send them to the opposite end of a big map for an energy crystal, they get there... and then decide they're hungry and run *RIGHT BACK TO BASE* to get a sandwich, without picking up the energy crystal they were sent to get!

Additionally? I'd be interested in remakes of, really, any of the games from that era. Racers 1 & 2, Alpha Team, Lego Chess, Lego Island... and yeah, Bionicle: the Game could certainly benefit from a huge chunk of modernisation and story expansion, with longer levels to boot.

And I didn't think of it until it was mentioned above, but an update of MNOG would be incredible. Can you imagine it with the game mostly the same, but built as a genuine open 3D world? I wouldn't say no to additional story content focusing on our favourite Matoran, too xD

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."