How to make smooth recolor kanohi mask?

bylduda

Hello guys, I have seen a lot of custom colors of kanohi, first found example, and the question is, what types of paint to use.Bionicle/Hero Factory Thread | Page 980 | TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

I have asked some guys who are making MOCs with custom colors and I only one answered, here is the answer:

image.png.5d492ed186f3d6bbf35a36b673c0d9eb.png

Still want to ask, what do YOU USE guys(resource and methods), want make MOCs looks more interesting but still want to make it look fit to other parts.

IDK it is a good section of forum :)

Edited by bylduda
forgot to write smt

I have only done a mask repaint project once for my infected Huna: 

The entire paint was done using Citadel paints. I actually hand brushed it, and I was surprised at how clean the colors were for handbrushing. The mud texturing was from a Citadel texture pack specifically for that type of effect. Since it is supposed to be an infected mask I wasn't particularly concerned about it looking super smooth anyway, however if I did want a smooth color I'd go and buy an airbrush and use airbrush ready paints to get a crisp finish. 

As for color matching, I have vague memory of that being a topic over on the TTV forums once. Might be worth checking there to see if they have advice on selecting a proper color. 

• Like 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!