Dream bionicle theme park

Oooh fun! Off the top of my head:

• Something kind of like the Jurassic Park ride except with the Piraka terrorizing children instead of dinosaurs. 
  • Chute system to travel around the park. Actual chutes from Metru Nui, of course. 
  • Tower of Terror, except it's the Coliseum. 
  • Spinny teacups would be a tribute to BZP's spinnies, somehow. 
  • Storytime at the Amaja Circle with the Turaga. 
  • Gukko shows in place of dolphins. 
  • Jungle gym of Visorak webs
  • Laser tag, except you're in a giant sphere that's Karda-Nui, and you have Axalaras and stuff. 
  • Moto Hub/Test Track go karts
  • Kane-Ra bumper cars
  • Probably some kind of lavasurfing. Or maybe just a nice wave pool run by the Toa of Water. Less liability.
  • The people who walk around with a broom and dustpan on a stick to clean up trash are dressed as (or are actually) Bohrok. They clean it all. It must be clean. 
  • This park could probably even operate during the pandemic because visitors would get Kanohi masks upon arrival. 

Edited by Aderia
  • Like 2

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Disney and Universal are the two leading theme park companies in what I would call "immersive design" and would be my two top picks for a theme park, I would lean more towards Disney though since Universal is known for using a lot more projectors and screens in their attractions which takes me out of the immersion a bit. I know technically Merlin Entertainment has the Bionicle rights through Legoland, but for this hypothetical scenario I am imagining it as a Disney park. 

As for locale... the Island of Mata-Nui makes a prime location for a theme park. It has Bionicle's most iconic locations, and the hub and spoke design would be extremely easy to imitate in the theme park layout. 

Our park guests will begin the day via entering on the Ta-Wahi beach... with the security gates and ticket sands on a faux-sand concrete, a water feature off to the side suggesting the Aqua-Magna oceans and Tahu's lone canister washed ashore. Although off limits to park guests, the Great Telescope towers over the area and might even have an animatronic Nixie up there staring at the stars. The park's main entry will then follow up a winding path through the charred forest ending in a central hub point of Ta-Koro with Mount Ihu and the Mangai volcano towering in the background (imagine as similar layout to Tokyo Disney Sea and its Mysterious Island actually). Mount Ihu and Mangai with Ta-Koro at the base act as the park's "weenie" (an actual theme park design term about using large structures to draw in guests attention and serve as a visual icon, also aiding in guest navigation through the park). A cable car ride will take guests over the Mangai and to Ko-Koro which is on the opposite end of the park. 

Ta-Koro will have some sort of E-ticket... perhaps a lava surfing themed ride or roller coaster along the Mangai. Ta-Koro will also serve as a central commercial hub, with several shops and eateries for park guests and a stage for park shows and events. Lucky guests might find Takua or Jaller at work in the Ta-Koro area.  Lastly, Ta-Koro is the access point to the Onu-Wahi highway system. Unlike the MNOG system, this highway will have access to Ga-Koro and Ko-Koro too... just to provide ease of park flow and insuring Ko-Koro's only access point isn't the previously mentioned cable cars.

Le-Wahi will focus on the Le-Koro tree tops offering a vibrant futuristic jungle (think Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom) and a central E-Ticket at the Kini-Nui. The Kini-Nui attraction will drop into Mangai, perhaps taking guests through the Bohrok Nests and offering a brief glimpse at Metru-Nui in the distance; culminating in a face to face encounter with Makuta himself! Imagine something similar to Universal's Harry Potter rides for example. Additional family friendly attractions in Le-Koro will focus on the various tamed Rahi in the jungle, perhaps offering Gukko rides or other experiences. The Kini-Nui also offers a place to learn Bionicle lore, for the uninitiated. 

Ko-Koro is built around ice, and the park has several playgrounds and ice caves to explore and family attractions themed around skiing and sledding. A major E-Ticket will take guests into Mauka hunting with Matoro, think something along the lines of Disney's Matterhorn and Expedition Everest. Guests can explore the knowledge temple, and perhaps seek out wisdom from Nuju in his sanctum. 

Onu-Koro is completely enclosed, and the interior building will make guests feel like they are in a constant state of nighttime down there. Perhaps a water flume attraction could serve as a solid D-Ticket through the flooded Great Mine tunnels, while other attractions will highlight the stout miners life of the Onu-Koro guilds-man. A family attraction gives guests the chance to experience riding on the back of an Ussal crab. At the bottom of the land, the "layer of unbreakable strata" hints at the massive Great Spirit Robot buried underneath the island. 

Po-Wahi is a desert of carved rock, imagine something like Car's Land in California Adventure. The Po-Koro marketplace is a vibrant outpost for guests, and they can join in a game of Kohli or purchase their own Hafu originals to take home. A Lego experience full of Bionicle parts also offers guests a chance to create their own custom Bionicle heroes in the park, featuring exclusive and rare masks only available in the park itself. I don't know what the E or D ticket ride would be here, maybe a dark ride where guests join Pohatu as he fights the Nui-Jaga. A visit to the Turaga's hidden Kraata cave offers guests a chilling locale to visit, and park cast members remind guests to be wary of Ahkmou, who is represented as an animatronic figure in the central village working his Comet Ball Stall. 

Ga-Koro provides a tranquil shade covered market, with plenty of water based attractions and ocean themed sights. Perhaps a motion simulator can take guests boat racing with Macku, leading them to encounter a wild Tarakava and be saved by aid of Gali. A more tame boat attraction (think like the Jungle Cruise or Navi River Journey) takes guests on a tranquil journey along the shores of Ga-Koro. 

Park food will be interesting, it has to be palatable enough for human consumption but kind of alien and strange, along the lines of the menu items at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Its unique and flavorful, and park guests might even get a passing comment on the Matoran being disgusted at how humans eat with their mouths and maskless! Either way, the food is unique and offers guests the sensation of being in a foreign land (even if a few of the menu items are just traditional theme park corn dogs and burgers, it will still have a twist to them to keep them from being bland and "Earth like") 

• Like 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I don’t like theme parks because they scare me, to be honest, but let me try. 

I would imagine the theme park to look like Spherus Magna just to represent Bionicle. The place would be divided into six locations that you can explore, Bara Magna (with Mata Nui’s prototype robot), Bota Magna, Aqua Magna, the island of Mata Nui being section of AM, the Great Spirit Robot next to the island, and Okoto in Aqua Magna.

Bara Magna would be where you can start from when you enter the park. There, you can meet Glatorian, Agori, Skrall, Bone Hunters, etc., who would be people in costumes. There would be Arena Magna, where you would do a shooting game with Thornax Launchers or a fun melee combat game. You would witness statues of wildlife. 

Bota Magna would be a jungly place, where you would do fitness stuff and there would be jungle gyms. You would witness statues of wildlife as well. 

Aqua Magna would be a water park. 

Mata Nui would be where you would explore the six regions in there. You would meet the Toa Mata/Toa Nuva, Takanuva, Matoran, Turaga there, the Bahrag, Bohrok-Kal, and Makuta Teridax, who are people in costumes. You would see statues of Rahi and Toa Kaita over there. There would be a game where you would throw bamboo disks at the Infected Rahi, Bohrok, Bohrok Va, and Rahkshi. You would also use the Toa’s weapons to fight the enemies, Bohrok-Kal, and Teridax. There would be a water park in Ga-Wahi and jungle stuff in Le-Wahi. 

Okoto would be kind of similar to Mata Nui. It would be where you would meet the Toa Masters/Toa Uniters, Protectors, Ekimu, Skull Slicer, Skull Basher, Kulta, Umarak, and G2 Makuta, who are people in costumes. The other Skull Creatures, Elemental Creatures, and Elemental Beasts would be statues. There would a game where you would use either the Protectors’ machine guns or the Toa’s weapons to fight against the G2 villains. 

The Great Spirit Robot would be laying down (so you can see what’s inside) and there would be a statue of the robot being in front of the entrance. You would go visit Metru Nui and see the Toa Metru/Toa Hordika, Vahki, Dume, Lhikan, Teridax, Keetongu, and some Matoran in there. There would be a game where you shoot Kanoka disks at enemies. Same with Rhotuka spinners. You would see Sidorak and Roodaka in their home islands. You would see Dark Hunters in Odina, and you could meet the Shadowed One, Nidhiki, Krekka, and Voporak. You would meet the Brotherhood of Makuta in Destral. You would meet Nektann in Zakaz. You would see the Visorak in their home island. In Voya Nui, would you encounter the Matoran in there, Toa Inika, Axonn, Brutaka, Piraka, Vezon, and Fenrakk/Kardas Dragon (you would see both). There would be a game where you shoot Zamor Spheres. Voya Nui would lead you to Mahri Nui, which would be a water park and where you can meet the Barraki, Nocturn, Matoran from there, Toa Mahri, Maxilos, Lesovikk, Karzahni, and Hydraxon. The creatures, like Spinax and Gadunka, would be statues.There would be a game where you shoot Cordak Blasters. It would be glow-in-the-dark. Mahri would lead you to Karda Nui, where you would meet the Toa Nuva’s 2008 looks, Av-Matoran, Vican, Mazeka, Vultraz, Toa Ignika, and Mata Nui’s 2009 form there. There would be a game where you shoot Midak Skyblasters or Nynrah Ghost Blasters at enemies. There would be a jungle gym and a roller coaster where you would look like that you are flying one of the Codrex vehicles. The Codrex would glow. When you explore the Matoran Universe, it would be like going through a museum. 

There would be dark rooms in the MU and the island of Mata Nui. You would see characters walking about the theme park. Of course, there would be bad guys would be scare you. Lol. There would be a big gift shop where you would buy Bionicle stuff, like masks. There would be bumper cars based on Rahi, other creatures, and vehicles, like the Codrex vehicles and Bara Magna vehicles. The statues would have recorded voices. There would be some games, like mask hunting. There could be 4D rides or whatever just to scare people for fun. Turaga Vakama and his friends would tell you the Bionicle stories, and there are plaques that tell you Bionicle-related stuff. There would be animatronic characters and creatures. 

I think Lego would do this big theme park for Bionicle. I would like Lego to add Hero Factory in there for extra fun because I always believe that Bionicle and Hero Factory share the same universe because you would wonder where were the Great Beings when their planet was destroyed. The themes have some similarities, so people wouldn’t get confused between the two, too. 

There’s that idea of a theme park for Bionicle.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I have anything to even add here: I just have to say that I now want to visit @Xboxtravis's park, because that sounds LITERALLY AMAZING. I could totally believe that being a real theme park, and honestly it's everything I'd ever want from a Bionicle take on the concept!

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

@Xboxtravis, it sounds like you've been planning this for a while! I love all of those ideas. My only change would be to add a role-playing element similar to Evermore Park in Utah. Give the guests quests to fulfil, with rewards for doing more.

A smaller resort expansion, ala Disney World, could be for Metru Nui. Have a large scale transport ride using the concept of the Chutes. Ta-Metru could have a stage show like Universal Hollywood's Water World, but focused on the fight against the Morbuzahk. There could also be a foundry/blacksmith shop where guests could purchase Kanohi and Kanoka that are forged in front of them.

Ga-Metru would be a waterpark, with all of the waterfalls in the district. An interactive show like the one at Savi's in Galaxy's Edge would be held in the Great Temple with guests acquiring/designing their own Toa Tools.

Po-Metru would have a thrill ride, Kikanalo Stampede, a steeplechase style coaster that speeds through sequences from Legends of Metru Nui. There would also be food stands, and this would be the primary food area.

Onu-Metru has a perfect dark ride setting with the Archives. I picture two E-ticket attractions, a Pirates of the Caribbean style boat ride staring Mavrah and his Rahi, and a more traditional dark ride that just explores the museum like settings of the upper archives. A walkthrough museum could hold artifacts from the various adventures of the many Toa teams.

Ko-Metru would change things up and be set during the Visorak invasion. A large climbing course would weave between the crystalline towers, with different areas to explore and discover. A live music and stunt show could depict the battles between the Hordika and Visorak.

Le-Metru would be centered around the Hub and Test track. I see a more comprehensive version of Epcot's Test Track, where guests design their vehicle and ride it through a trackless system of tests. The path would vary depending on the design. A speed test would be included, with the ride vehicles automatically securing to a track as part of the tests, before arriving to one last trackless area where the results are given and back to a station.

Lastly the Coliseum would function as the "castle". It would have a sports theme, with humanized games of Kohlii and Akilini are played by teams. Akilini would be a Nerf War type game, where instead of darts, disk guns are used. A laser tag attraction would also fit well here.

• 3 years later...

That sounds like an epic idea! If I had to design a Bionicle theme park, I'd go all out. Picture this: a Toa Nuva roller coaster, a Rahi creature petting zoo, a Mata Nui adventure ride, and a giant Kanohi mask entrance. It would be a dream come true for Bionicle fans like us! However, I also like parks on this list of top amusement parks. What about you?

Edited by MikeKaya