Happy 10th anniversary, Hero Factory!

Hi, y’all! Happy 10th anniversary to Hero Factory! I know that it’s not acknowledged as much as Bionicle after G2 prematurely ended in 2016, it has low budget issues, laziness in some ways, the story is unfinished while HF got cancelled in 2014 unannounced for some reason, some unresolved stuff, weird set designs in some ways, like the arms and hands, inconsistencies in some ways, and it is the second best Lego action figure theme, but let’s praise it for some things. They are: 

1. When Bionicle got cancelled for the first time in early 2010, Hero Factory cake to our lives in late 2010 and to keep the action figure category alive before Bionicle G2 showed. 
2. It has a lot of neat designs. Very imaginative. 
3. It has a TV show with 11 22-minute episodes, something that Bionicle never had. Plus, it is made by the same people who made Bionicle: The Legend Reborn in 2009. The character development is good and the choice of high-budget actors is good (the ones in Invasion From Below are not great, though), though there are some weird moments and animation modeling. 
4. It has some cool online games, which are the Mission games, Breakout, Brain Attack, and Invasion From Below. 
5. The Character and Creature Building System - This new building system was introduced in early 2011, and it inspired many themes to have it. 
6. You can do prank calls based on dangers. 
7. In May 2012, Universal is or was in talks with making a live-action HF movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. 

I wish Greg Farshtey would consider the theme to be a part of Bionicle’s universe because of its similarities. True, he said that they don’t have a relation because the Bionicle weren’t selling well, according to TTV in December 2017, but let’s face it. He should change his mind if we were to want to know where were the Great Beings when their planet was destroyed and to celebrate HF’s anniversary in the least. The Great Beings may have created Mr. Makuro because he looks like a Turaga and the other similarities, and the Great Beings love the create stuff constantly. People are into shared universes these days, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. People could acknowledge HF more that way. 

I think HF’s story is good. It’s more simple, as it focuses on the primary team called the Alpha 1 Team. As you know, it is about alien robotic police officers, who are made in a factory, traveling the galaxy fighting bad guys. Along the way, they got upgrades. 

What’s your favorite HF moment and sets? 
what do your think Lego should do to celebrate HF’s anniversary? What’s your best memory about HF? For me, my favorite sets are Stormer sets, Furno sets, Rocka sets, Black Phantom, and Voltix. I believe that Lego should acknowledge HF and celebrate the anniversary, like bringing it back next year or two, do an anniversary set, re-continue and finish the story, with a special or TV movie, the connection with Bionicle, or at least announce this stuff. I pity HF. I would watch the TV show again. :) 

Let’s talk about and celebrate it. Give it some love, y’all. It’s very forgivable, like Bionicle, in terms of successfulness and the fact that it has a heart by having a story, something that Slizers/Throwbots and RoboRiders fail to have. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I personally loved the Hero Factory FM program from 2010.  It was hilarious and definitely warmed me up to the theme.  
Some sets I have the best memories from are:

• William Furno (my first HF set)
  • Stormer 2.0 (first CCBS set and found at LEGOLAND California in Dec. 2009)
  • Breakout Evo
  • Furno XL
  • Brain Attack Stormer
  • Stormer Freeze Machine
  • Rocka Crawler
  • Bulk Drill Machine 

Personally, I’m glad that BIONICLE and Hero Factory are kept in separate continuities.  I like to enjoy both without having to worry about events overlapping.  

I do wish we could’ve found out what Christian Faber was going to tell us a few years ago about the original plan of HF and how the story bible was very complex and detailed.  IIRC, there was something about how the true protagonist of HF (the theme) wouldn’t be from HF (the organization). 

~Daler

• 1 month later...

I've got to say that my favourite HF set is the Drop Ship. I know a lot of people don't like it but I think it's a pretty cool set. However, it's kind of hard to say when you've got the amazing Breakout sets. There are just too many cool things about them and there's 10 combiner models!

On 8/8/2020 at 8:52 AM, Darth Fandom said:

I've got to say that my favourite HF set is the Drop Ship. I know a lot of people don't like it but I think it's a pretty cool set. However, it's kind of hard to say when you've got the amazing Breakout sets. There are just too many cool things about them and there's 10 combiner models!

It’s 11. Nine of them are pairs of a hero and a villain that it is after while the other two are where one is made of three heroes while the other is made of villains that the heroes are after. I wish there are four more combiners like these two combiners because they look very cool. Sadly, they are canon, but were never utilized, so why making them canon when they have no story significance? 

I really hope that Lego would celebrate HF’s 10th anniversary. It needs some praise for the good things that it did, like the CCBS, keeping the action figure line active, and the TV show. :(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

13 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

It’s 11. Nine of them are pairs of a hero and a villain that it is after while the other two are where one is made of three heroes while the other is made of villains that the heroes are after. I wish there are four more combiners like these two combiners because they look very cool. Sadly, they are canon, but were never utilized, so why making them canon when they have no story significance? 

I really hope that Lego would celebrate HF’s 10th anniversary. It needs some praise for the good things that it did, like the CCBS, keeping the action figure line active, and the TV show. :(

Oh, yeah, 11! I forgot to count the villain combiner from the Club mag. I agree, it's quite annoying that the combiners were made but then never actually used in any other material. I just keep the Hero combiner in a separate team, say Alpha 2, because although the instructions say that he was part of Alpha 1, it doesn't really make any sense, as he would probably appear in other media if he's part of the star team. Although, you could say it's a Stringer or Nex case. It's not much at all but I'm trying to put together an HF timeline to celebrate it's 10th anniversary. It's quite big, as I've included all the episodes, the HF website's news section, mission list, testimonials, clips and the Club Inside Scoops.