How Bionicle Succeeded Without a TV Show or Movie (Initially)

On Saturday we shared an article from Popular Mechanics looking back at Bionicle. Squirreled away in that story was a link to a nearly-seveteen year old article on Kidscreen looking at the then new idea of advertising toys in ways that didn't include 30 second ads, a TV show, or a movie. Of course the prime example in 2003 was Bionicle, and Bob Thompson and others from The LEGO Group weighed in on how things came to be back in the day. The story is an interesting time capsule that's somehow still online all these years later, and is worth checking out for the historic lens it provides on Bionicle.

View the full article

I was impressed for how Bionicle went through with a real TV show or movie. 

However, if Bionicle were to come back next year to celebrate its 20th anniversary, I hope Lego would announce a real TV show similar to Ninjago or theatrical movie. That’s something that every fan dreams about. 

First, there is an Instagram video about Lewa, then the article on Saturday, and now this. Is anyone having a feeling that Bionicle would be coming back next year? Bionicle sure gets a lot of attention lately. I like it. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)