Anyone want Bionicle and Hero Factory to share the same universe?

Anyone want Hero Factory and Bionicle to share the same universe?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, guys. I know that Hero Factory was there when Bionicle was gone in 2010 and then HF disappeared when Bionicle came back in 2015. Sadly, there is no HF G2 after Bionicle G2 ended for some reason. :(

Well, I ask the question above because people kept on confusing HF with Bionicle. That’s probably because Bionicle is more popular and HF is very similar (my friend once said to me “Stormer is my favorite Bionicle character”. Lol). Plus, people are into shared universes these days, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the fact that Dexter’s Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls G1 share the same universe when they both have Major Glory, the fact that Ben 10 G1 and The Secret Saturdays share the same universe when Dr. Animo and V.V. Argost are working together, the fact and Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys share the same universe when the Pickles crashed onto the Thornberrys’ island, and the fact that Legends of Chima shares the same universe as Ninjago’s when the world of Chima is presented as one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms. 

True, Greg Farshtey said that Bionicle and Hero Factory don’t have a connection just because Bionicle didn’t sell well (maybe also if Greg were to say that they do, he would have the re-continue Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories to do it, but he really needs to finish their stories and have that kind of crossover happen. Seriously), but it’s been a long time, and if HF were to be preserved during its 10th anniversary, I believe it’s best to celebrate it by somehow have HF be a part of Bionicle’s universe for HF’s memory and sake (perhaps for Bionicle’s 20th anniversary and HF’s 11th anniversary next year). We should change Greg’s mind about it, in other words. Perhaps through a vote by TTV Message Boards, like how Helryx and Artakha happened. 

Plus, the themes may be implied to share the same universe because of these, and there’s nothing contradicting. I mean, look at Star Wars and Indiana Jones. They are a little similar (Indy did a reference to SW) and they are made by Lucasfilm. I might people from there said the same thing as Greg, but it may be implied that they do share the same universe (they don’t contradict, and Indiana Jones lives on Earth while Earth is never in Star Wars). Disney owns Lucasfilm, so that could happen (anything could happen). So, Lego could say that Bionicle G1 and HF share the same universe without any contradiction (Spherus Magna and the Hero Factory’s home planet would be different planets, so anything could happen), even if Lego would have to bring the themes back. 

I said this because HF is a good theme for many reasons. It helped out Lego for Bionicle, so it’s worthy. It is successful because of the sets primarily (the 2012 sets are the best sets). It has a good story, too (for the first three years, at least). 

If Bionicle and HF were to share the same universe, I have a good explanation on how can that be: When at least one or two Great Beings left Spherus Magna because it was getting destroyed (the rest of the Great Beings are trapped on Bara Magna and Bota Magna while one is disguised as a Matoran), they moved to another planet, which could be Earth. They probably learned the English language in there. When they got to another planet, they still want to create stuff as their hobby, so they create Mr. Makuro. Makuro looks like a Turaga, probably because the Turaga were a template for him. When Makuro noticed evil in the universe, he probably had the Great Beings help him create Hero Factory. The Heroes look like Glatorian, but with the hearts of Toa, probably because the Glatorian and Toa are templates for the Heroes. The English language is applied in the factory. The Great Beings hid themselves in either Earth or Makuro’s planet, but they noticed that SM has healed, so they returned there. That there is a theory that can fit very well. I mean, this would logically explain who created Makuro, why the Heroes look like Glatorian (the Great Beings’ species), and what were the Great Beings doing during the destruction of their planet. 

If the shared universe idea were to be said in Bionicle G1’s and Hero Factory’s story, it would go like this: 

1. In Bionicle G1, if Greg would re-continue it, the Great Beings would be coming back to Spherus Magna and and they would be thinking about them getting involved with HF. 

2. They would mention that if they are revealed to SM’s people. If Bionicle G1’s story were to end, it would end with the Great Beings taking some curious Bionicle characters to HF and the planet Earth for peaceful visits. 

3. If Hero Factory’s story is re-continued, Makuro would be thinking about himself being created by the Great Beings. 

4. A short story where the Toa and Glatorian meet the Heroes on an adventure together. 

Greg should really consider these ideas and re-continuing both Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories for the sake of them and us. I’m being very reasonable. We should talk to Greg about them because it’s been too long. Seriously. :)

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot some things.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 4 months later...

I don't see why they couldn't be in the same universe, especially if it's one where mechanical beings are prevalent - you might as well put them in the same universe as the Transformers while at it. But I've never been much of a guy for crossovers, but I'd rather they do their own things their separate ways.

8 hours ago, Lego David said:

It's rather simple, actually: just make Hero Factory be one of the many planets within the Bionicle Universe. I don't see what can't work about that.

Well, I’m glad that you can see it. If you guys read the topic post more carefully, Bambi (no offense), it would explain who may have created Mr. Makuro, why Heroes have Glatorian-like heads, and where did the Great Beings go when their planet was destroyed for a long time before they came back. I mean, since their planet was destroyed, they always are curious and want to make things, like a hobby, so they probably went to Earth to learn to English language, make Mr. Makuro, and give the Hero Factory the English language. They may have told Makuro on make to design and make the Heroes. The Heroes have Glatorian-like heads because they may be built in the Great Beings’ image (because they’re Glatorian) and Glatorian’s image for memory. Same with the people in Makuhero City. The Great Beings may also have done this because Makuro sees injustice in the universe, and since the GBs may not want the planets to end up like Spherus Magna, so when they help Makuro build the factory in a planet that the GBs were probably hiding, they gave the Heroes Toa-like programming along with the Quaza cores, so the Heroes can act like heroes. Anything can get inspired by a predecessor. The GB also probably told Makuro to not help people in SM because the GBs wouldn’t want to be hated, and Mata Nui is doing the job. The Heroes may also be a back-up plan just in case Mata Nui is taking too long if something terrible happens to him. When the Great Beings had noticed SM being restored, they came back to the planet, and Makuro probably had no reason to talk about GBs to the Heroes if they aren’t here. True, people in Spherus Magna have problems with their villains and Heroes with the Villain Factory, but GBs are not warriors and are just builders, so they just watch. 

I believe the reason why the 2010 HF canisters said “from the makers of Bionicle” because any company would make things share the same universe logically because of the similarities. Lego may have a secret, which is they wanted fans to focus on what were the Great Beings doing when their planet was destroyed by showing us the GBs’ creations that are inspired by SM people and stuff before the GBs came back to Spherus Magna. It may be implying. We wouldn’t have to keep looking at Toa and Glatorian all the time. We just follow the GBs’ creations. Greg Fartshtey may not have said that Bionicle and Hero Factory share the same universe (he said they don’t have a connection), but anything is possible because both themes imply that they could do because of how the Heroes look and behave like Glatorian and Toa, and it’s like Star Wars and Indiana Jones when they imply to share the same universe while someone from the company, Lucasfilm, that made both also may not have said they do. This person probably said the same thing as Greg. So, just because the writers say “they don’t have a connection”, doesn’t mean that they can’t share the same universe (the writers maybe had thought that the fans wanted special crossovers that may not happen anytime soon), and judging from what we see (the similarities and logic), it’s implied that two creations could share the same universe. If Lucasfilm would say that SW and IJ share the same universe, they would have Disney say it because Disney owns the rights to Lucasfilm. If Greg would say about Bionicle G1 and Hero Factory sharing the same universe, he would have Lego say it because Lego made these two themes, and he would have to re-continue the Bionicle G1 and HF stories (these things were never continued for 6-9 years sadly). In other words, they don’t say it, but it may be implied that their creations do. You get me? It’s like the The Secret Saturdays (2008-2010) when they have some similar stuff to Ben 10 (2005-2012) a few years before they had an official crossover in 2013. Anything like that could happen because of strong and logical similarities. 

We honestly should do a contest to confirm these theories, in my opinion.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot some things.

But why even bother? If they're not going to even interact with Bionicle characters, it seems like an silly idea to just shoehorn them into the storyline like that. 

8 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I believe the reason why the 2010 HF canisters said “from the makers of Bionicle” because any company would make things share the same universe logically because of the similarities.

Or maybe they're just trying to get people to buy the sets? I really think you're just overthinking this.

Edited by Bambi

10 hours ago, Lego David said:

In what way is it making worse? 

I believe he is talking about constraction in general in the 2010s. Lego didn’t took care of it much. 

6 hours ago, Bambi said:

But why even bother? If they're not going to even interact with Bionicle characters, it seems like an silly idea to just shoehorn them into the storyline like that. 

Or maybe they're just trying to get people to buy the sets? I really think you're just overthinking this.

Maybe I overthink about the “from the makers...” thing, but the Legends of Chima TV show was made by people who made the Ninjago TV show, and then in 2015, after LoC ended, characters from LoC appeared 2-3 times, so anything kind of shared-universe-related crossover can happen while they are similar. Plus, Powerpuff Girls G1 and Dexter’s Laboratory are confirmed to share to same universe when they share the character named Major Glory (not sure if you watch these things). They never had a crossover, but they do share the same universe while being similar (including the animation mostly and the character). It’s up to Lego to decide when to re-continue Bionicle G1 and HF stories to do the “sharing the same universe” thing while it may be implied that they do.