What If - Hero Factory

Patrick Star

Where do you think the story should have gone, what sets do you think should have been made next if there never was a Hero Factory? Personally, I'd like to see a continuation of the RoS serial in terms of the sets with Lesovikk being the Green Canister. I'm not really sure for the others sets, I'd have to read the serials again because I've had a mind blank. For the small sets I'm thinking battered and bruised Matoran, masks that have damage to them. (One side melted, or a broken one, etc.)Are you happy with the Hero Factory route, or would you like to see a continuation of the franchise, and if so. What route would you like it to take?Patrick-EDIT: Name change.

Edited by Patrick Star

lozza.jpg

"So this one time, at Band Camp..."

Formerly known as KTM/Remy/Ghostface

Had the sets not been axed, I think the entire line would have gone in a different direction. We'd be seeing new characters, avoiding the rehashes of the old that are common in the serials since LEGO does not wish to run every potential name past a legal team whose fees are, shall we say, less than penurious. The remaining approved names residing on Greg's list (such as Varian) would have been utilized as new characters. Marendar would probably figure big. For the impulse sets, probably half-Matoran, half-Agori.In my mind, such a prolonging of an already-aging line would have pushed back the introduction of the innovative 2.0 system.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I like to think that if Hero Factory hadn't come along, once BIONICLE reached the climax of the Mata Nui arc, we would have seen a fresh start. All new location, all new characters, all new build system for sets. You know, a lot like Hero Factory. :PTaking that into consideration, I'm perfectly happy with how things are now. My only qualm is that I wish the story didn't have to be rushed into two comics and the Mata Nui saga, and had the chance to have been told throughout the planned movies. I even like the Stars as final sets, so I have no complaints. :P-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

We'd've gotten the baterra as sets, that would've been awesome! :DI'd also like to have seen the Sisters of the Skrall as sets, as well as other named Skrall.BTW What If topics aren't allowed. :P

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Where do you think the story should have gone, what sets do you think should have been made next if there never was a Hero Factory? Personally, I'd like to see a continuation of the RoS serial in terms of the sets with Lesovikk being the Green Canister. I'm not really sure for the others sets, I'd have to read the serials again because I've had a mind blank. For the small sets I'm thinking battered and bruised Matoran, masks that have damage to them. (One side melted, or a broken one, etc.)Are you happy with the Hero Factory route, or would you like to see a continuation of the franchise, and if so. What route would you like it to take?Patrick-EDIT: Name change.

Bionicle Expanded Universe. With characters such as Helryx, Tuyet, etc.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

In my mind, such a prolonging of an already-aging line would have pushed back the introduction of the innovative 2.0 system.

I have to agree. While Bionicle was great while it lasted, the new building system that Hero Factory introduced is a breath of fresh air. If Bionicle had continued, we would have seen a new Bionicle movie (a treatment of such a movie is on GregF's blog), which would have led to new Glatorian sets -- and later, dinosaurs.Bionicle dinosaurs... I get happy shivers just thinking about them. :P

Well, we already know roughly what the sets would have been: Redesigned Glatorian, Agori-plant hybrids, and BIOMECHANICAL DINOSAURS WITH LASERS!But, you people are forgetting- if Bionicle hadn't been cancelled, it would have had other consequences. Horrible consequences. Remember what Mata Nui said? "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born."Well, he was right.As most of you know, Greg has a daughter now. She was born approximately nine months after the announcement that Bionicle was ending. Now, without going into too much detail, I think it's reasonable to assume that the end of Bionicle had a hand in Alexandria Farshtey's existence. If Greg had still been working on Bionicle, he may have not had the time to settle down and start a family.So, as a message to any would-be time travellers who want to go back and prevent Bionicle from ever ending, just consider the possibility that you may end up accidentally erasing a small child from existence.Just something to think about.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Well, we already know roughly what the sets would have been: Redesigned Glatorian, Agori-plant hybrids, and BIOMECHANICAL DINOSAURS WITH LASERS!But, you people are forgetting- if Bionicle hadn't been cancelled, it would have had other consequences. Horrible consequences. Remember what Mata Nui said? "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born."Well, he was right.As most of you know, Greg has a daughter now. She was born approximately nine months after the announcement that Bionicle was ending. Now, without going into too much detail, I think it's reasonable to assume that the end of Bionicle had a hand in Alexandria Farshtey's existence. If Greg had still been working on Bionicle, he may have not had the time to settle down and start a family.So, as a message to any would-be time travellers who want to go back and prevent Bionicle from ever ending, just consider the possibility that you may end up accidentally erasing a small child from existence.Just something to think about.

Um... I think Greg might've been a little busier with his daughter, but I don't think she would be the cause for Bionicle's end.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Greg is still working for Lego. Bionicle likely has absolutely nothing to do with his family plans. At all. In fact, Bionicle ending probably increased his workload, at least temporarily. He was going to finish the serials on his own without pay.This is just speculation anyway. We don't know what exactly goes through Greg's head. And since time travel is out of the question... Edited by fishers64

Um... I think Greg might've been a little busier with his daughter, but I don't think she would be the cause for Bionicle's end.

I disn't say she was the cause of Bionicle's end. I implied that she was the result of it. ;)Although, Greg having a child to look after may have slowed down the serials, but I'm not going to hold that against her.I was joking about the time travel thing. I was just saying- everything happens for a reason.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231