2016 Umarak Combiner Model

robotfan

Going back through the 2016 Lego catalog i noticed  a different Version of the Umarak Combiner Model in the german version
I can´t seem to find any relevant information on this on the Bionicle wikis...

for comparison:

the official Combiner Model on biosector01:

https://biosector01.com/wiki/Set:71313%2B71314%2B71315%2B71316
grafik.png.279d8f76299273b6f2f83fb5d71b4bea.png

vs the version in my catalog:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16LautHLIB3qIgZgKBxc8mXksCQieF3cw/view?usp=sharing

UmarakCombinerGerman2016smallest.jpg.87948d7e18223cecd67ddd8d6a0f218b.jpg

Might try to build it someday since it seems more interesting than the official one

(btw pls tell me if i post this to the wrong thread, haven´t done anything on this forum since 2014)

• Like 2

don't know if its in the wrong place but it looks more interesting than the official one. for instance how does that head work. is it Umarak head with a best mask on it? and which one is it? as it looks like lava beasts mask but I am not quite sure. and that tail. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, I’ve seen this before somewhere.  I didn’t realize it was actually printed and shipped in a German catalog , though. :P  If I remember correctly, speculation at the time was that this was concept art for the actual combo model.  If you look closely, you can see that the combo uses two of the trans-purple skull villain torso armors despite Quake Beast only including one.  It kinda looks like they took Umarak and slapped parts of the beasts onto him.  Quake Beast’s arm as a stinger, Storm Beast’s tail as a tail, Storm Beast’s hands as knee-guards, Lava Beast’s mask as a crown, Lava Beast’s blades as wings, etc. 

~Daler

On 7/12/2020 at 3:35 PM, Daler99 said:

Oh yeah, I’ve seen this before somewhere.  I didn’t realize it was actually printed and shipped in a German catalog , though. :P  If I remember correctly, speculation at the time was that this was concept art for the actual combo model.  If you look closely, you can see that the combo uses two of the trans-purple skull villain torso armors despite Quake Beast only including one.  It kinda looks like they took Umarak and slapped parts of the beasts onto him.  Quake Beast’s arm as a stinger, Storm Beast’s tail as a tail, Storm Beast’s hands as knee-guards, Lava Beast’s mask as a crown, Lava Beast’s blades as wings, etc. 

the beast masks must have been bigger then as it cant fit over Umarak's head like that. I wonder how they would've accomplished that if it was made official.

I kind of prefer the official combiner model over the other one. Though I will say I don't recall ever seeing the catalog one before. It does look cool, but I like the build of the official one better overall.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png