• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Retirement

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 01:16 PM

I am immeadiately ready for anything that involves Minnesota. :P

#82 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 02:57 PM

Here is filler number 4, which we forgot to post:Posted Image

#83 Offline an actual real life horse

an actual real life horse
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,856 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 05:11 PM

ted dansonPosted Imageted danson

#84 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,293 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 05:24 PM

wow, James Joyce and Ted Danson on the same page. it's like I have to reply to this, it's so incredible. I don't know how you make me do this.I'm really sad that the dude at Angry Nid's side isn't a young Shostakovich, but I guess if he was this forum would explode or something from all that MAN

#85 Offline Zonis

Zonis
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 05:30 PM

Posted Imageharrypotterinthedeathlyhallowpart2.jpgI like how Nid is in the same pose every time he appears at the end of a comic.

Edited by Zonis, Jan 20 2012 - 05:31 PM.

RIP The Internet 1999-2011

#86 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 05:53 PM

I love how Nid jokes have become a staple of this series.

#87 Offline Dreiken

Dreiken
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,014 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 06:00 PM

Nobody will ever a sexy beast like Ted Danson.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#88 Offline Kortu Campesinos!

Kortu Campesinos!
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,469 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 07:22 PM

Untrue, he is in a different pose at the end of my last filler!Anyway I love Emkay's comic to death and i am bromantically attracted to emkayMakin' yr way in the world 2day take errythang u got
Inappropriate content removed. -B6

#89 Online Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hm, for some reason, I never really took a good look at Project Klinkerpoop. Dunno why.But this series looks very interesting, I must say. I'll be keeping tabs on this.(And what's with the RIP Angry Nid?)

#90 Offline Zonis

Zonis
  • Members

• 4,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hm, for some reason, I never really took a good look at Project Klinkerpoop. Dunno why.But this series looks very interesting, I must say. I'll be keeping tabs on this.(And what's with the RIP Angry Nid?)

Sadly, Nid passed away recently. Kabs went over it in one of his fillers, it was quite gruesome. Out hearts go out to his friends and family.

#91 Offline Dreiken

Dreiken
  • Members

• 1,014 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 06:14 PM

Sadly, Nid passed away recently. Kabs went over it in one of his fillers, it was quite gruesome. Out hearts go out to his friends and family.

It was a tragic loss for all of us, not just those of The Maternal Relation to Nid.

#92 Online Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 06:37 PM

I can't tell if you are being serious, or just kidding.

#93 Offline Triggons

Triggons
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,616 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 07:37 PM

Great work guys, good to see you're back and you've still got it. I retired, too, but that's because my bootlegged Photoshop was suspended or something.And it's sad to hear about Nid. :'(inb4 needs more andy reid

Posted Image

#94 Offline an actual real life horse

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,856 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 08:58 PM

Great work guys, good to see you're back and you've still got it. I retired, too, but that's because my bootlegged Photoshop was suspended or something.And it's sad to hear about Nid. :'(inb4 needs more andy reid

That's why you should always pay full price for the fine softwear directly from the manufacturer. It's safe, legal, and fun!

#95 Offline bostwuk

bostwuk
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 10:07 PM

I can't tell if you are being serious, or just kidding.

If only we could kid about this...If I could give you any advice on any subject matter EVER, it would be to NEVER protest Nintendo, even if their minerals are slightly... conflicting...But anyways, HURRY UP CABOOSEi've got my comic (STAY TUNED) in tha bag and I can't go nowhere without you bby

Edited by bostwuk, Jan 21 2012 - 10:08 PM.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#96 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,537 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 10:41 PM

On the bright side, he no longer has to pay taxes.

Posted Image

#97 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 01:06 AM

Wow when I first read this topic I was really tired so I thought you groupies were suddenly now nice guys but then I figured out you guys were really nice guys, so thats great that you appeal to a greater audienceAlso MKs comic was funny because everybody knows who ted danson is because he is very well known, talented, successful and a genuine pop-culture icon.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#98 Offline an actual real life horse

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,856 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 01:46 AM

Wow when I first read this topic I was really tired so I thought you groupies were suddenly now nice guys but then I figured out you guys were really nice guys, so thats great that you appeal to a greater audienceAlso MKs comic was funny because everybody knows who ted danson is because he is very well known, talented, successful and a genuine pop-culture icon.

You forgot sexy.

#99 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm glad some of us can joke about his death. Some of us aren't ready to move on yet. This topic is dedicated to his memory.

#100 Offline Dreiken

Dreiken
  • Members

• 1,014 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm glad some of us can joke about his death. Some of us aren't ready to move on yet. This topic is dedicated to his memory.

I agree, I'm still bawling tearful monumental remorse over poor Nid. :(

#101 Offline kongutohunga

kongutohunga
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 07:51 PM

I agree, I'm still bawling tearful monumental remorse over poor Nid. :(

We don't have to call him by his username anymore...we can use his real name. We'll miss you, Stanley DeMonté Jones.

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7
ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

Posted Image GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. Posted Image

#102 Offline bostwuk

bostwuk
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 08:22 PM

Posted Imagehey sweet peas and breezes, this is my comicI stepped outta line because it's been done a while and no one has heard from Caboose (WE STILL LUV U BBY)but hey, a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do

Edited by bostwuk, Jan 22 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#103 Offline Zonis

Zonis
  • Members

• 4,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 11:08 PM

10/10 Best New ComicI especially like the sprite work on Spillane.

#104 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,293 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 22 2012 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

10/10 Best New Comic

Ha.Well, I still can't tell if you guys love me or hate me, but I guess since Mangum altered his lyrics to show it, his love is all I need.I <3 Jeff five-eva

Edited by -Windrider-, Jan 23 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#105 Offline Tavakai

Tavakai
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,886 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 04:42 AM

After hearing about Nid's untimely death, I feel horrible for spending $240 in the past four months on 3DS-related products. Not enough to stop doing so, unfortunately. :(And that concert was indeed beautiful.

button.png

#106 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

10/10 Best New Comic

Ha.Well, I still can't tell if you guys love me or hate me, but I guess since Mangum altered his lyrics to show it, his love is all I need.I <3 Jeff five-eva

Don't worry, we love you. Also, I never thought I'd see a moderator with a Nine Stories signature. Salinger's best, in my opinion.Anyways, I also never thought I would live to see Neutral Milk Hotel puns in Artwork 3. I approve.

#107 Offline Zonis

Zonis
  • Members

• 4,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 02:22 PM

Speaking of NMH jokes...Posted Image

#108 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 07:20 PM

That very well might be one of the best ones yet.Obligatory Nid joke. So great.

#109 Offline Justax-Kal

Justax-Kal
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't care so much that you have feelings. I just wonder what the heck you are!J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

#110 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 08:42 PM

Wow, you actually sprited that person from that NMH album cover. Impressive. Interesting comic.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus, Jan 23 2012 - 08:43 PM.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#111 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 09:35 PM

You guys and your crazy hipster bands.EDIT: Oh yeah that comic was so funny. Especially the part with nid and the part with the album cover.

Edited by iPenguin, Jan 23 2012 - 09:36 PM.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#112 Offline Kortu Campesinos!

Kortu Campesinos!
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,469 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 10:02 PM

oh hey everyone to clarify I was the one who sprited Jeff Mangum and Julian Koster I don't want you to think Bost did it because his interpretations of them were embarrassing. and Zon sprited the drum head ladytype, I believe.Zon, love the filler. It was actually made a while ago and was what lead to a lot of our NMH pun riffing.and I am very excited for the next author rotation because it allows me to rectify a comic mistake i made about two or three years ago. oh wow i feel old saying that. it may have been 4. yeah.
Inappropriate content removed. -B6

#113 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 10:43 PM

oh hey everyone to clarify I was the one who sprited Jeff Mangum and Julian Koster I don't want you to think Bost did it because his interpretations of them were embarrassing. and Zon sprited the drum head ladytype, I believe.Zon, love the filler. It was actually made a while ago and was what lead to a lot of our NMH pun riffing.and I am very excited for the next author rotation because it allows me to rectify a comic mistake i made about two or three years ago. oh wow i feel old saying that. it may have been 4. yeah.

Actually Bost did the Neutral Milk Hotel drumhead lady thing, I believe. I should probably check our Treaty for Making Retirement to be sure...And to everyone that is wondering, the characters in Zonis's filler and Bostwik's last comic are the band members from Neutral Milk Hotel, and the lady drumhead figure is from the album cover of one of Neutral Milk Hotel's albums, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, which you should all listen to to help undertand our references, and genuinely because it is an amazing album. (Are we allowed to recommend music on BZP? I can never remember...)Anyways yeah, this has been a great cycle, and there are two more comics to come. And I can't wait for Kortu to redeem himself. Because it was a huge mistake that resulted in the end of Operation Loser III. And it will be epic and great and I hope you all enjoy it.

#114 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,293 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 11:19 PM

You can certainly recommend music. There have been countless band/music general threads in COT over the years.And I second the recommendation, naturally, and not only because of the album's memetic status. I have it in my hand right now (not on vinyl because I am a pleb), and her head is a drum. I've heard people claim it is a tambourine before, but the markings along the rim represent hanging string, not little cymbals.Wallpaper for the heck of it, if anyone so wishes.Right, the comic. The NMH sprites have been genuinely impressive, and I applaud Kortu and Bostwik for their work on them.

Anyways, I also never thought I would live to see Neutral Milk Hotel puns in Artwork 3.

Same here, let alone within the ~2 months I've been leading this forum.

#115 Offline Zonis

Zonis
  • Members

• 4,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 11:33 PM

(not on vinyl because I am a pleb)

But I do have it on vinyl ahahahahahahaAnyways thanks for the compliments, the potato/drum argument is something I always found funny so when that sprite was made I instantly thought of it. I think Kabs is right, I'm pretty sure Bost made it. It certainly wasn't me, I'm no good at spriting.so yeah everyone go listen to ITAOTS and express your love for Religious content removed. - B6

#116 Offline bostwuk

bostwuk
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2012 - 11:58 PM

Zonbaby that was a great comic, I have to sayand yeah I totally did the album cover sprite. don't hate me cause i'm beautiful.Drum? Potato? who's to say it's not a KANOKA DISK? (see what I did omgomg)also I dropped a super meta "2-deep4-u" pun in my last comic, I just love it so much

Edited by bostwuk, Jan 24 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#117 Offline kongutohunga

kongutohunga
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2012 - 05:21 PM

B6 comesBut yeah I'm excited to see the plot start in this on the next rotation. Wonderful work on the filler SchelleZon, the panels jiggled my humor bits.

Posted Image GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. Posted Image

#118 Offline Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 672 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2012 - 02:34 AM

Posted ImageFun fact: I seriously thought that that was what "NMH" stood for for a while.Also I had to use all my willpower to not give Kortu a british accent. He looks too much like a doctor to me.

#119 Offline Zonis

Zonis
  • Members

• 4,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2012 - 04:42 PM

That's funny, for a while when people talked about No More Heroes I used to think "why are people talking about Neutral Milk Hotel on a site about videogames... oh."So good comic, and also what font do you use because it's better than Calibri.

#120 Offline Kabookie

Kabookie
  • Members

• 1,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2012 - 04:53 PM

So great Caboose. And sorry we have to make you feel all oblivious. MK creeping at the bottom is also a great touch.Ennar up next and then we can start the real plot!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users