Imaginary Ignition trilogy movie voice cast

Matoro11

A while back there was a thread of dream Bionicle voice actors. I’ve said here before that I’ve always wanted a true Bionicle 4, so I spent several weeks coming up with who I would want to voice each of the major characters in the Island of Doom movie. I might do it for the other two thirds of Ignition but I’m gonna stick with “Island of Doom.” Anyway here goes:

The Toa Nuva and Turaga are all played by their actors from MoL.

Jaller- Andrew Francis (Matoran)/ Kyle Hebert- in 2006, my answer would’ve been Garry Chalk, but no. Jaller needs a voice that conveys youth, but also leadership. Who better than the voice of Adult Gohan from DBZ? Also it would be a smooth transition from Matoran to Toa. 

Hahli- Chiara Zanni- CZ reprises her role from Mask of Light. Good fit.

Kongu- Jeff Plunk- I always pictured Kongu having a kind of grunt to his voice because of the design of his mask. But I still wanted a youthful sound so I went with the voice of Basil from DBSuper.

Nuparu- Ward Perry- Originally Kongu, but Perry’s voice is a tone too low for me. But his voice fit with Nuparu’s larger mask, and he’s not Scott McNeill with a mouthful of Marbles or Paul Dobson.

Hewkii- Kirby Morrow- Hewkii is voiced by Kirby Morrow. There is no other answer. 

Matoro-Will Friedle/Michael Daingerfield- I lean towards Friedle on this one, because he captures the plain, humble voice of the Toa of Ice. 

Zaktan-David Kaye- Either one of Kaye’s Megatron voices would translate well to Zaktan. He’s got that smooth but brooding baritone, but he can growl when he needs to. 

Hakann- Clancy Brown- Hakann is not just an outright brute like Reidak. He needs some subtlety to really bring out his sadistic nature. Who better than the sadistic Captain Hadley from Shawshank? 

Vezok- Mark Acheson- I was originally looking at him for Hakann, but his voice of Cupid in the movie Donner was perfect for Vezon, so I figured he could play Vezok too.

Reidak- Clancy Brown- Aggressive, Gravelly voice perfect for the black Piraka.

Avak- Michael Dobson- I don’t why, but I really liked Dobson’s Starscream voice for Avak. (If you haven’t noticed there’s a lot of 2003-06 Transformers crossover)

Thok-Scott McNeill- McNeill’s icy, smooth growl makes perfect sense for the the Piraka of Ice.

Balta- Sam Vincent- I went high-pitched for the Matoran, with one notable exception.

Dalu- Leslie Ewen- Idk, I think Nokama would make a good Dalu.

Garan- Will Friedle- eh.

Piruk-Clancy Brown- I imagined Piruk having a lively, if gravelly, voice from the Voya Nui Online Game. Since I have Clancy Brown already, might as well use him.

Velika-Charles Martinet- Velika’s status as a diminished great being and his mannerisms and riddles make him seem like an old man. I think Martinet would be a fun cast, not quite French Tickner’s Norik, but still good.

Kazi-Trevor Devall- Nuju’s plain-spoken mannerisms seem to me to mesh well with Kazi’s personality. That and they share a mask.

Karzahni- Brian Drummond- Drummond’s Shockblast from Transformers Energon would be perfect for the psychotic ruler of Bionicle’s purgatory, and it’s not the tired old bellowing baritone we get too much of in toy tie-in media. 

Vezon- Mark Acheson- As I wrote above, Acheson’s voice of Cupid in Donner has this kind of slippery smooth debonair tone that works really well for Vezon. 

Axonn- Patrick Seitz/Michael Donovan- speaking of bellowing baritones, this is where one would actually work. Couldn’t decide between Jiren and Primus tho.

Brutaka - Vic Mignogna- Despite the aggressive look of his mask, Brutaka has a cold, quiet(?) personality. I think Mignogna’s Broly would be a good fit.

Umbra-Jason Michas- The flatness of Takanuva’s first couple of lines in MoL would sound really good on the guardian of the Ignika.

Irnakk- Charles Martinet- did you know that the voice of Mario also voiced a dragon? Martinet’s voice of Paarthurnax from Skyrim would be absolutely perfect for the nightmare of the Skakdi. 

So there you have it. Please feel free to include your own opinions and comments in the replies.

M11

Hahli, Jala, and Huki would reprise from MoL. Hahli and Jala would need to adjust their voices to sound older.

Everything that happens pre-Inika was quite a departure from the formula, and it was good.I wonder, if they had made another Miramax movie, they should have covered only the first half of 2006 minus the Voyatoran who are filler. It would play very much like a sequel to MoL because it would heavily feature the Nuva, Taka, Jala, and Hahli; Matoran on a quest, Toa mostly fail. 

Edited by Zestanor

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

1 hour ago, Zestanor said:

Hahli, Jala, and Huki would reprise from MoL. Hahli and Jala would need to adjust their voices to sound older.

Everything that happens pre-Inika was quite a departure from the formula, and it was good.I wonder, if they had made another Miramax movie, they should have covered only the first half of 2006 minus the Voyatoran who are filler. It would play very much like a sequel to MoL because it would heavily feature the Nuva, Taka, Jala, and Hahli; Matoran on a quest, Toa mostly fail. 

I’m not sure I follow your logic. The Toa Nuva would get about 3 minutes of screen time because it’s *not* their movie. I don’t even remember Takanuva playing a major part of the Voya Nui Saga. Honestly the story of Voya Nui is so dense it would have to be a cinema length (2h+) feature instead of the 70-min shambles we got from Miramax. I don’t think I’d want CC anywhere near the animation either. 

M11

1 hour ago, Zestanor said:

Hahli: Yes

Jaller: Yuck. Pretty sure that’s Andrew Francis’s voice range. I wouldn’t want him at a lower pitch. Plus I refuse to listen to “TAKUAAAAA” for two hours. That’s why I picked Hebert. He’s a perfect transition in sound and he’s not grating to listen to. 

Hewkii: even bigger yuck. his voice was already cheesy in MoL. Nobody wants that. Also that’s Michael Dobson’s range. His voice would sound really dumb coming out of Hewkii’s model. Also Hewkii is voiced by Kirby Morrow.

M11

8 hours ago, Matoro11 said:

I’m not sure I follow your logic. The Toa Nuva would get about 3 minutes of screen time because it’s *not* their movie. I don’t even remember Takanuva playing a major part of the Voya Nui Saga. Honestly the story of Voya Nui is so dense it would have to be a cinema length (2h+) feature instead of the 70-min shambles we got from Miramax. I don’t think I’d want CC anywhere near the animation either. 

It’s been a while but the first two legends novels are about the Nuva getting beaten by the Piraka and then Jaller and co. + Takanuva trying to go get them. Honestly the Nuva part isn’t that great, but the latter part is.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year